• SONAR
  • Kingston alert!!! (p.2)
2015/11/26 07:39:43
Royal Yaksman
Doktor Avalanche
Maybe the penny with drop for some when I mention regular stability updates with no new features introduced.

Can't fixes break other things as well? Steiny is rolling out fixes all the time with no new features and breaking new things as they go.
2015/11/26 07:45:05
Doktor Avalanche
Doktor Avalanche
Maybe the penny with drop for some when I mention regular stability updates with no new features introduced.

Royal Yaksman
Can't fixes break other things as well? Steiny is rolling out fixes all the time with no new features and breaking new things as they go.

It's much less likely, that's why they should be regular, and iterative. App developers do feature freezes to help improve stability, with a view to tackling regression bugs rapidly. If that isn't happening they are doing it wrong (maybe they don't tackle regression bugs first)...
2015/11/26 07:52:24
dappa1
I wanted to send some stems to the studio...I cant do that until I hear something back about SC and how they are introducing their synths to Rapture. I dont want to touch anything. But they are taking time to get back to us.
2015/11/26 07:56:10
KPerry
What new features were there this release? This was all about optimisations, no?
2015/11/26 08:00:44
dappa1
They say it runs faster but I think it runs faster if you have over 16gb...i'm running 6 but eventually I will go 32gb
2015/11/26 08:11:04
Doktor Avalanche
KPerry
What new features were there this release? This was all about optimisations, no?

Optimizations/performance improvements are enhancements not bug fixes and certainly would not happen during a feature freeze.

Well one is VST engine improvements handling mono. By the look of it this it may have broken some third party plugins which had previously worked around the issue, at least that's how I interpreted cakewalks post.

Regardless not complaining yet, cakewalk needs to be given a chance to put in a rapid regression fix or two, but it is Thanksgiving..
2015/11/26 08:26:17
Noel Borthwick [Cakewalk]
We don't do regression fixes unless it is a major break that affects multiple people so please don't assume that every drop will have regression fixes. Plugin compatibility problems are always a moving target since we often have to work around bugs in plugins. These are rarely done in (intra-month) regression updates.
2015/11/26 08:29:52
Doktor Avalanche
Back to the original thread any idea what the problems are here are Noel? From what you are writing I am assuming you are accessing the impact here as minimal (e.g. installers, patch problems), or perhaps it's a trivial issue/unrelated to Sonar?
2015/11/26 08:40:30
dappa1
I'm waiting in anticipation because I don't like roll backs and rolls forwards...it;s a little bit of a waste of my time. I hope I do not have to wait for one month for it to be resolved!
2015/11/26 09:51:43
icontakt
Rolling back takes only some ten seconds if you still have the installer for Jamaica Plain in the download path.
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account