Please do not feed the trolls ....

PLease stick to the subjects.
Thanks.
post edited by pistolpete - 2007/08/31 08:33:07

48 Replies Related Threads

RobertB
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 11256
    RE: GT3 defect ... 2007/07/11 18:01:34 (permalink)
    This looks oddly familiar.
    Are you for real?

My Soundclick Page
    SONAR Professional, X3eStudio,W7 64bit, AMD Athlon IIx4 2.8Ghz, 4GB RAM, 64bit, AKAI EIE Pro, Nektar Impact LX61,Alesis DM6,Alesis ControlPad,Yamaha MG10/2,Alesis M1Mk2 monitors,Samson Servo300,assorted guitars,Lava Lamp

Shimozu-Kushiari or Bob
    Geo2
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 44
    RE: GT3 defect ... 2007/07/11 19:13:51 (permalink)
    Pete, what do you hope to accomplish by posting the same thing over and over again?

Clearly, you're not going to EVER get the the answer you want from this forum -- no matter how many times you post. And frankly, it's annoying and distracting for people like me who are genuinely looking for help and guidance to see the same tired post over and over again.

Like I've said before, I appreciate your frustration, but what you are doing is futile. It should be more than obvious to you by now that you're not going to find what you're looking for here. I suggest you call Cakewalk customer service directly. If you do not get a satisfactory answer, then just return the software.

And please, stop wasting everyone's time on this.

Geo.
    CreatingNoise
    Max Output Level: -58.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1666
    RE: GT3 defect ... 2007/07/11 19:14:49 (permalink)
    Pete, if you will read the second paragraph in the area between the asterisks below it's pretty clear that your argument for the GT3 bug/defect is no longer valid in this forum and should be addressed privately between you and Cakewalk technical support (and maybe it already has been but I have not read nor memorized your every post). You have a right to your opinion but increasingly I see you butting into other threads with faceitous comments related to your attitude towards the software, Cakewalk and other members who do not share your view. Those comments are of no help to the people who started those threads. Your favorite seems to be attacking Robert B whenever he makes a comment in a thread. Go take care of your GT3 issues with Cakewalk and leave this forum to people who are still using it constructively. If you are so concerned about getting the word out about the bug/defect why don't you do something proper about it like creating a website where users who are curious can go and be informed with your information. I used GT3 for almost 6 months with a Realtek AC97 card without one problem. I switched to Sonar HS4 and wanted to upgrade the sound card based on advice I got here about how the actual recording quality would improve. I replied to several threads and tried to help folks using the AC97 in the past. It is your perogative to use that card and GT3 but I believe most folks here are either, a. sick of you, b. think you're an idiot, c. think you are a troll, d. so digusted with you that you are now humorous to them, or e. (like me) stupid enough to try and talk to you via a message.

You reap what you sow pal and you are long past being productive here. Go make music and leave the normal folk alone, how about it?

A Peer to Peer Based Forum
    The Cakewalk Forums are a web-based community provided by Cakewalk to encourage interaction between owners of Cakewalk products.

In this peer-to-peer environment, forum users are encouraged to answer questions, share experiences and give advice to their fellow users. While Cakewalk employees may occasionally post information, they are not expected to provide technical support or other official replies in the forum. Note - This doesn’t reflect a change in policy. Cakewalk forums and newsgroups have always been P2P based.

To everyone else: Yeah, I know. I'm an idiot. Sorry to encourage him all over again but I felt that I had something to add constructively. I am very surprised at the lack of moderators in these forums but I guess it's all harmless text anyway.

later,

Tony
    RobertB
    RE: GT3 defect ... 2007/07/11 19:53:26 (permalink)
    Tony,
    Don't sweat it. In the beginning, we all tried.
    As to the moderators, they are watching, but they don't usually step in unless it gets really ugly. I've seen some incredible threads, and tangled with a particurly nasty individual previously, before they put a stop to it.
    For the most part, these threads have been pretty harmless, and even mildly entertaining, but yes, it does get old.
    On a side note, I started with SHS4, now using SHS6XL. How do you like it?

My Soundclick Page
    SONAR Professional, X3eStudio,W7 64bit, AMD Athlon IIx4 2.8Ghz, 4GB RAM, 64bit, AKAI EIE Pro, Nektar Impact LX61,Alesis DM6,Alesis ControlPad,Yamaha MG10/2,Alesis M1Mk2 monitors,Samson Servo300,assorted guitars,Lava Lamp

Shimozu-Kushiari or Bob
    CreatingNoise
    RE: GT3 defect ... 2007/07/11 22:17:02 (permalink)
    Robert,
    I do like SHS4 a lot. I liked GT3 also but I wanted that MIDI capability and had hastily purchased GT3 without thinking ahead. I haven't even used the MIDI yet but I've got something developing now that will utilize it just a bit. I purchased Scott G's book and was bummed when I realized SHS4 doesn't have the ability to show the multiple takes in one track for comping. I'd be willing to upgrade just for that but I am working at the top range of my computer now and I really want to get a new preamp and some cheap monitors (better than headphones) before I do a new PC or major upgrade to it which is what I'd want to do before upgrading to 6XL. I have to admit to being a little confused by all the different versions of DAW software that Cakewalk makes. I'm sure I'll figure it out when I'm ready to upgrade, plus there are tons of old threads on those subjects I'm certain.
    I've listened to your tunes previously (didn't you do Buchanan Creek?) and it was nice stuff. I assume you are happy with 6XL?
    KingDarwin
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 5
    RE: GT3 defect ... 2007/07/13 04:11:04 (permalink)
    are u trying to use real time effects while recording? if so then don't.. record with no effects and then add them in the mix... i don't see why you would be having problems just for playback. I've used half that rig with no problems.
    DRHollingsworth
    Max Output Level: -74 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 821
    RE: GT3 defect ... 2007/07/13 13:00:10 (permalink)
    KD,

Who are directing this to? If it's Pete you need to read this thread to see what's been going on since February:

Pete's problem
    CreatingNoise
    RE: GT3 defect ... 2007/07/13 13:02:55 (permalink)
    I think he may have intended that for me and my reasons for not upgrading past SHS4 at this time.

Thanks
    pistolpete
    Max Output Level: -59.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1584
    RE: GT3 defect ... 2007/07/13 21:19:59 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: CreatingNoise

Yeah, I know. I'm an idiot.

At least he knows "one" thing.

KingDarwin,
    This whole issue is with the latency is with the real time effects. If I record clean, the latency is not noticable. So I just record clean and apply the effects afterwards. However, this avoids the effects problem but does not fix it. That's the issue. The real time effects are a feature of the software that does not work properly. Other than that, it works just fine.
    RobertB
    RE: GT3 defect ... 2007/07/13 21:24:38 (permalink)
    Tony,
    Had it not been for the extras with SHS6XL, I would still be happily using SHS4. It's a fine program.
    Record your tracks dry, then back the latency out, and add effects. The E-MU can handle it, so I suspect the bottleneck is the CPU. Also, are you using 44.1k/24bit? No need for the higher rates, really, as they can tax your CPU severely.
    And yes, Buchanan Creek was mine, with generous input from Eric A, and Kenny G. Pretty proud of that one.

My Soundclick Page

Shimozu-Kushiari or Bob
    pistolpete
    RE: GT3 defect ... 2007/07/13 21:27:37 (permalink)
    RobertB and Tony,

This is a GT3 thread and not Sonar. Please start a new thread in those forum areas.
    Thanks.

( I am assuming that RobertB does own a Sonar product and is not pretending)
    RobertB
    RE: GT3 defect ... 2007/07/13 21:28:16 (permalink)
    Geez, pete,
    He was being nice to you, something the rest of us got over a long time ago. You are really a piece of work.

My Soundclick Page

Shimozu-Kushiari or Bob
    RobertB
    RE: GT3 defect ... 2007/07/13 21:31:12 (permalink)
    This whole issue is with the latency is with the real time effects

You haven't heard a damn thing anybody has told you.

My Soundclick Page

Shimozu-Kushiari or Bob
    pistolpete
    RE: GT3 defect ... 2007/07/13 21:47:16 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: RobertB

You haven't heard a damn thing anybody has told you.

I hear a lot of whining and name calling. Is that what you mean?
    Other than buying a new soundcard Robert, what do you suggest then, if you think you are such an expert? tell us.....

RobertB
    RE: GT3 defect ... 2007/07/13 21:54:23 (permalink)
    For what you want to do, you need a proper sound card, sorry if that's not what you want to do. Others have found a way to work around it, but for realtime effects, your hardware simply must be up to the task. It has nothing to do with the coooooooode.

My Soundclick Page

Shimozu-Kushiari or Bob
    zeypxun
    Max Output Level: -72 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 918
    RE: GT3 defect ... 2007/07/13 21:55:09 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: pistolpete

I hear a lot of whining and name calling. Is that what you mean?
    Other than buying a new soundcard Robert, what do you suggest then, if you think you are such an expert? tell us.....

Uh he's already said it idiot. Oops I called you by your correct name. And don't forget the pictures. Everyone else has said it, moron. I think it is you that is a cry baby "Everyone calls me names wah" If you're such an expert why are you the only one still having this problem? pete I think you have a gay fascination with me, and probably Robert, Steve and DRH.

pistolpete^

pistolpete^
    post edited by zeypxun - 2007/07/13 22:02:52

www.reverbnation.com/zeypxuntomlittle

Look me up on myspace!
    www.myspace.com/zeypxun

I'm so happy Faith No More is BACK!
    CreatingNoise
    RE: GT3 defect ... 2007/07/14 08:45:37 (permalink)
    Pete,
    Well evidently you are stupid enough to ignore rational thinking but not enough of a threat to get banished by the forum moderators. Zeypxun has nailed it. You are the cry baby in all of this. Have fun with your childish posts.

Good bye.

bulls hit
    • Total Posts : 822
    RE: GT3 defect ... 2007/07/18 04:28:56 (permalink)

This is either a serious defect or just a case of a simple tweak. I have a new install of the software and there is a noticable delay in the sound in the playback when using any of the built-in effects or simulators. I tried adjusting the latency slider and was able to reduce it but it's still unusably bad. This is a major part of the product and it is terrible. Prior to purchasing this product I called Cakewalk and verified that my operating system all my hardware would work properly and would be fully supported. The audio screens allow me to choose the WSD or ASIO drivers however they disable any input selections. The WSD will bring up one selection tree but will not open it further. I see that there are a lot of other Cakewalk customers having latency issues. I'm hoping this will be able to be corrected and not a serious product defect.

Some further information.
    CPU - AMD64 - 3GHz+ 64 bit
    1GB memory
    Windows XP media version - most current updates/patches
    soundcard - Realtek AC97
    (Originally posted 2/9/2007)

Follow up.
    Pretty much after many posts, it seems like the problem really probably does lie in the inefficent and poor code of the Cakewalk software. In the original thread there were numerous posts that followed, there are very few people that sincerely want to help and do offer some help but only with limited results. There were some that didn't even own GT3 and thought they were experts. There were some that actually were offended that the software doesn't work right and their solution wasn't the fix (ie. blame the soundcard.)

It's unfortunate that there are too many that think it's all a big joke.

This thread was re-created in order to clean up the garbage that some individuals thought it was funny to post and to hopefully get back to the original issue which is getting a patch or fix for the poorly designed software.

If you don't agree, have a funny picture to post, or just want to express your anger, please start another thread. Otherwise, stick to the subject of fixing the issues or do not post anything here.

REMEMBER: A new soundcard will just reroute the signal away from GT3 and only avoid the issue. It does not fix the issue. It has been noted as a suggestion so please do not rant and rave about this.

Thanks.

UPDATE: I did install the ASI4ALL drivers. Although it does improve the latency, it does not fix it to the point of having real-time effects actually being usable. The slider says it's running at 2ms latency but what it does is more like over 20ms. It is a slight improvement but not a fix.

Popgun if you think anybody cares anymore, then it's not GT3 suffering from a defect, it's you who's the simple tweak
    SteveStrummerUK
    • Total Posts : 31112
    RE: GT3 defect ... 2007/07/18 14:49:00 (permalink)

RobertB and Tony,

This is a GT3 thread and not Sonar. Please start a new thread in those forum areas.
    Thanks.

( I am assuming that RobertB does own a Sonar product and is not pretending)

Pete

Are you the only person who uses these forums who thinks this is at all relevant to the advice these guys are willing to give you, me or anyone who respects their advice?

Have you not noticed that a lot of the questions asked in the Guitar Tracks forum are generic - i.e. they apply to any Cakewalk [and often other makes] product when used with any soundcard/computer/monitor/instrument etc etc set-up; even then I would imagine some of the methods used to record using Sonar e.g. are identical to those used in GT.

You may also have noticed that if you'd bothered to read all the articles in this forum you would realise that when GT specific [i.e. not generic] questions are asked, contributors who genuinely do not know the answer [for any reason, not just because they don't run the product] respectfully stand down allowing those that do know the answer to respond - I've just noticed a new thread where this very situation has occurred - a question on GT2 I believe.

I'm assuming that the 'Tony' you refer to is 'CreatingNoise' - why don't you have a quick look at the guy's profile - you'll find this sentence:

I'm just a guitar player using Sonar to turn ideas into songs for fun.

Now tell me what your problem is with that then Pete - it sounds pretty laudible to me - what right have you got to tell this guy he can't or shouldn't come into the GT forum.

I tell you what son - grow up - accept the genuine, helpful and informative advice given freely in these threads and you never know, people might even start to tolerate you.

Oh one last thing old mate - I've just had a quick look through your recent posts and guess what I found??

Pete - you've been in the 'Songs' forum haven't you - surely according to your own twisted logic - YOU SHOULD NOT BE IN THAT FORUM.....EVER!!!!

Cheeri-bye

Your old mate Strummy

Music:     The Coffee House BandVeRy MeTaL

DRHollingsworth
    RE: GT3 defect ... 2007/07/18 16:39:18 (permalink)
    Last time I checked various different product areas of the forum I have found SHS subjects in the Sonar SE & PE forum and likewise found Sonar SE & PE subject matter posted in the SHS forum. And the like. Why because people find it necessary to discuss and compare. Hmmm... Imagine that....

The sharing of thought and opinions.

What you are suggesting PP is that this forum is a fascist state. SORRY TO SAY IT'S NOT!
    SteveStrummerUK
    RE: GT3 defect ... 2007/07/20 11:18:35 (permalink)
    What you are suggesting PP is that this forum is a fascist state. SORRY TO SAY IT'S NOT!

Got to say - I do like that Doc - string theory and now a bit of politics in the forum!! Mind you, you're spot on with your opinion.

I've got to admit it though, I'm completely stumped [pun unintended] - I just can't see what possible 'difficulty' Petey has with a bit of cross-forum intercourse [beats the ol' one-string banjo Pisstol].

Surely the common goal of all these forums is the sharing of musical knowledge, be it to do with playing, recording, arranging, mixing, mastering and even publishing.

I give up, I really do................

Steve

If you understand, things are just as they are; if you do not understand, things are just as they are.
    -- Zen Proverb
    DRHollingsworth
    RE: GT3 defect ... 2007/07/20 13:53:27 (permalink)
    Fortunately for us the internet is an unregulated (or self regulated, depending upon your view) medium where ideas and though can flow freely.
    pistolpete
    RE: GT3 defect ... 2007/07/23 22:46:52 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: SteveStrummerUK

Steve

Please do.

I haven't seen any ideas from you about fixing the latency issue, only whining and complaining, sorry to say.
    post edited by pistolpete - 2007/07/23 22:55:02
    RobertB
    RE: GT3 defect ... 2007/07/23 22:53:02 (permalink)
    Only on you, pete.
    You are a black hole.

My Soundclick Page

Shimozu-Kushiari or Bob
    bulls hit
    • Total Posts : 822
    RE: GT3 defect ... 2007/07/24 00:15:56 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: RobertB

Only on you, pete.
    You are a black hole.

I disagree. Black holes are mysterious and interesting
    SteveStrummerUK
    RE: GT3 defect ... 2007/07/24 10:56:49 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: SteveStrummerUK

Steve

Please do.

I haven't seen any ideas from you about fixing the latency issue, only whining and complaining, sorry to say.

GET A BETTER SOUND CARD

Music:     The Coffee House BandVeRy MeTaL

pistolpete
    RE: GT3 defect ... 2007/07/25 23:02:00 (permalink)
    Strummy,

OBVIOUSLY, you didn't read my original post in this thread. It states that a new soundcard simply avoids the issue and doesn't FIX anything. We've all ready ruled out that this is not the correct solution.

DRHollingsworth
    RE: GT3 defect ... 2007/07/26 12:53:14 (permalink)
    PP,

You got a mouse in your pocket? I don't see any we. It is just you. And we know that you do not wish to take your issue up directly with Cakewalk so you litter the forum with a complaint of a problem that no one here can address the way you want it addressed, since the EULA specifically prohibits the reverse engineering of their code. You should direct your statements in your post above directly to the support and engineering departments at Cakewalk. And be sure to indicate it is your perception and not anyone else on the forum who has done their homework. The support staff rarely looks in the forum and you will not be heard by them if you post your issue with them here.
    RobertB
    RE: GT3 defect ... 2007/07/27 00:38:51 (permalink)
    Indeed. You can lead a horse to water...
    Bulls hit. Good point. I stand corrected.

My Soundclick Page

Shimozu-Kushiari or Bob
    Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1