problems with the playback portion of calkwalk

Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
Author
coffin13
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 24
2008/10/16 15:16:37 (permalink)

problems with the playback portion of calkwalk

Let me just start out by saying that as far as the program working correctly but there are a few problems that Im running into and I believe it has to do with the settings in the audio portion.Here is the problem I have been using the virutal intruments portion of the program cause I dont have midi and I can write and compose but when I go back to play the actual file it wont play it or it only plays the first small portion and then stops even know I have it all wrote out.I would like to know what I have to do to change this or make it work properly.Also sorry about the spelling Im in a hurry and not worried about that I would just like a direct awnser and response is to what is going on.
thankyou for your time

carl

51 Replies Related Threads

57Gregy
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 14404
    RE: problems with the playback portion of calkwalk 2008/10/16 20:00:39 (permalink)
    The direct answer is: we need more information.
    What sound card are you using? What MC program are you using? What is your operating system? What's a "virtual instrument"? What is your driver mode? What synthesizer are you using to make MIDI sounds? Can you hear audio playing from a recorded or imported audio track?

Greg 
    I am selling my MIM Fender Stratocaster HSS, red and black. PM for more details.

Music Creator 2003, MC Pro 24, SONAR Home Studio 6 XL, SONAR  X3e, CbB, Focusrite Saffire, not enough space.
    Everything is better with pie. 

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=609446
    http://www.reverbnation.com/#!/gregfields 
    Guitarhacker
    • Total Posts : 24398
    RE: problems with the playback portion of calkwalk 2008/10/16 20:12:55 (permalink)
    More info would be really nice.

My website & music: www.herbhartley.com

MC4/5/6/X1e.c, on a Custom DAW   
    Focusrite Firewire Saffire Interface

BMI/NSAI

"Just as the blade chooses the warrior, so too, the song chooses the writer 
    Robomusic
    • Total Posts : 8943
    RE: problems with the playback portion of calkwalk 2008/10/17 12:02:11 (permalink)
    Carl, just relax and give us something to work with. You said you do not have midi, but are working with virtual instruments, well that is midi. You are writing out notes, is that in the staff view? If so that is midi again, and the VIs you mentioned are synths or samplers designed to playback midi.

It still could be related to audio since even midi has to eventually be audio to escape into the outside world. Go here and walk slowly and methodically through the setup process. http://z8.invisionfree.com/GAPers/index.php?showtopic=72

I'd Seize the day but i can't quite reach it!

http://www.acidplanet.com/artist.asp?AID=33477&T=1260
    Music Town
    coffin13
    RE: problems with the playback portion of calkwalk 2008/10/20 03:22:00 (permalink)
    ya know what this is the kind of **** Im talking about I said that everything is working fine except for the playback and u refuse to read it.Im using Windows Vista 32bit a standard SC with realtek everything is working fine except for the playback I told u this in the begining of the message why u refuse to read that is beyond me the problem is the playback portion I can write etc like I was before on the virtual istru. and now I cant play songs but I can do everything.Seriously please give a straight awnser wtf? Not some half assed awnser that u respond with every person who ask a questions .anyways I ll be waiting I guess

coffin13
    RE: problems with the playback portion of calkwalk 2008/10/20 03:26:31 (permalink)
    I just dont understand cause it was working fine before the track I had saved no longer works as does the others Ive been working.When I play the song it plays the first portion then audio goes off with the notes and transcribe being right there.Im completly confused and downright pissed off cause every time its allways something going wrong with this program and this internet forum crap isnt helping either.Is there any help out there??????????:(
    keneds
    Max Output Level: -76 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 725
    RE: problems with the playback portion of calkwalk 2008/10/20 07:29:53 (permalink)
    I find that if you need someone's help you don't piss down their back and then ask them to help you. These guy's will help you resolve your issues if your a little more respectful.
    cato54321
    Max Output Level: -82 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 419
    RE: problems with the playback portion of calkwalk 2008/10/20 07:59:03 (permalink)
    internet forum crap isnt helping either.Is there any help out there??????????:(
    Bad attitudes dont recieve much help sorry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SHS6,.. HP Compaq Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit 8gb ram ,M-Audio2496, Alesis Multimix 16 firewire,Sennheiser and Shure mic's,Mapex Mars Pro series,Ludwig drums,Jackson, Ibanez,Fender,Yamaha and Gibson guitars,Fender London 150,Peavey Mark 4&Line 6-SpiderII, and my fav Hayden Peacemaker 40 tube amp.
    http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=684901
    Beagle
    • Total Posts : 50621
    RE: problems with the playback portion of calkwalk 2008/10/20 08:49:02 (permalink)
    I personally don't wish to help anyone with an attitude like you have. This is a user forum and not cakewalk tech support and there's no reason for us to have to put up with the profanity and abuse you are offering. Here's the way to contact cakewalk tech support. I'd say they will have the same attitude as we do, however, if you start cussing at them.

http://www.cakewalk.com/Support/EMAIL.ASP

http://soundcloud.com/beaglesound/sets/featured-songs-1
    i7, 16G DDR3, Win10x64, MOTU Ultralite Hybrid MK3
    Yamaha MOXF6, Hammond XK3c, other stuff.
    Guitarhacker
    RE: problems with the playback portion of calkwalk 2008/10/20 08:59:56 (permalink)
    And tech support will refer you back to the manual. Good luck!

BMI/NSAI

Robomusic
    RE: problems with the playback portion of calkwalk 2008/10/20 12:22:58 (permalink)
    If you had a decent attitude i might help, but as i said, (and i did read the post twice i might add), Playback of virtual instrument IS NOT CLEAR! A virtual instrument is either a synth or sampler that is triggered by midi, or a loop or wave based type pre-recorded media. You refuse to supply the information that will help us read your mind, so what do you want, i am not looking over your shoulder. Heck we know it is frustrating, we all had to go through the learning curve, but to come here and ask for help and them insult us. Dude take you sucky attitude and go pound salt.

Music Town
    57Gregy
    RE: problems with the playback portion of calkwalk 2008/10/20 13:21:23 (permalink)
    There is a reason why we ask those questions: everybody's system is different. Different sound cards, OS, RAM. Different 'virtual instruments', hardware synths, different settings. We need to know these things to help diagnose your problem.
    In the time it took you to type the above flame-outs, you could have written 'P4, 1G RAM, Vista, MC 4, name of sound card, MIDI through the TTS-1 soft synth, record and playback timing masters are XXXX'.
    So when you email CW support, make sure you have those details handy, and they'll likely refer you to this forum.

Greg 
    I am selling my MIM Fender Stratocaster HSS, red and black. PM for more details.

Music Creator 2003, MC Pro 24, SONAR Home Studio 6 XL, SONAR  X3e, CbB, Focusrite Saffire, not enough space.

rob.pulman
    Max Output Level: -68 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1146
    RE: problems with the playback portion of calkwalk 2008/10/20 17:05:35 (permalink)
    Who is this guy? Is he a wind-up?

Stoojo Music

Dell 2400, XP 1 Gig RAM, Pentium 4 2.8 Ghz, M-Audio 2496, PSR310, LP Custom, Fender Strat, Yam Acoustic, Peavey amps, Zodiac BXP bass
    Robomusic
    RE: problems with the playback portion of calkwalk 2008/10/20 17:15:05 (permalink)
    Let me just start out by saying that as far as the program working correctly but there are a few problems that Im running into and I believe it has to do with the settings in the audio portion.Here is the problem I have been using the virutal intruments portion of the program cause I dont have midi and I can write and compose but when I go back to play the actual file it wont play it or it only plays the first small portion and then stops even know I have it all wrote out.I would like to know what I have to do to change this or make it work properly.Also sorry about the spelling Im in a hurry and not worried about that I would just like a direct awnser and response is to what is going on.
    thankyou for your time

carl

"Let me just start out by saying that as far as the program working correctly" And? "but there are a few problems that Im running into and I believe it has to do with the settings in the audio portion" For instance? "Here is the problem I have been using the virutal intruments portion of the program cause I dont have midi and I can write and compose but when I go back to play the actual file it wont play it or it only plays the first small portion and then stops even know I have it all wrote out." A. What virtual instruments? B. Not using midi, but writing and composing? Hmmmm that sounds very much like the staff view! I might mention at this point that the staff view is MIDI!!!!!! Even know you have it all wrote out!?!?!? Say what?

Look Carl, if you can humble yourself a tad, and type a detailed post about what the problem is (what kind of media are you using, what version of MC, what do you mean be Virtual Instruments, Give some computer specs, Tell how you are inputting the notes, and on what screen, then i will be happy to help, even though you acted like a *&$%^*S.

Music Town
    cato54321
    RE: problems with the playback portion of calkwalk 2008/10/20 18:23:12 (permalink)
    You must be humble when using this software,otherwise it will eat you alive.............Also make you post crazy statements..

SHS6,.. HP Compaq Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit 8gb ram ,M-Audio2496, Alesis Multimix 16 firewire,Sennheiser and Shure mic's,Mapex Mars Pro series,Ludwig drums,Jackson, Ibanez,Fender,Yamaha and Gibson guitars,Fender London 150,Peavey Mark 4&Line 6-SpiderII, and my fav Hayden Peacemaker 40 tube amp.
    coffin13
    RE: problems with the playback portion of calkwalk 2008/10/20 18:41:04 (permalink)
    ok well let me try this again and hope I get a straight awnser instead of a response that has nothing to do with my question!WEll the problem I have been having is the audio playback portion of the program I am using virtual intruments the reason why is I havnt yet found out how to work the 4 track and other portions I found that this works best for writing music I write.The problems I am having is trying to playback the track once it is wrote.It plays the first part and then drops the audio even know what I wrote is there in transcribes.I really dont know what is going on I have tried tinkering around with some parts of the audio properties and nothing has works IS THERE ANYONE WHO CAN GIVE ME A DIRECT AWNSER TO THIS PROBLEM ????
    ascottdesign
    Max Output Level: -71 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 957
    RE: problems with the playback portion of calkwalk 2008/10/20 18:41:55 (permalink)
    This Carl character certainly isn't British...........(Ouch) Sorry guys........
    Beagle
    RE: problems with the playback portion of calkwalk 2008/10/20 19:15:52 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: coffin13

ok well let me try this again and hope I get a straight awnser instead of a response that has nothing to do with my question!WEll the problem I have been having is the audio playback portion of the program I am using virtual intruments the reason why is I havnt yet found out how to work the 4 track and other portions I found that this works best for writing music I write.The problems I am having is trying to playback the track once it is wrote.It plays the first part and then drops the audio even know what I wrote is there in transcribes.I really dont know what is going on I have tried tinkering around with some parts of the audio properties and nothing has works IS THERE ANYONE WHO CAN GIVE ME A DIRECT AWNSER TO THIS PROBLEM ????

Carl - I don't know how old you are but you're acting like one of my teenagers when she doesn't get her way.

At least this time you're not cussing me out, so I will TRY to help you, but you STILL are not giving us enough information to deal with your problem.

are you trying to create music using the STAFF view like Robo said above? have you inserted a softsynth? you can't create MIDI notes in the Piano Roll View OR in the STAFF view and be able to hear anything without a softsynth as the output for the MIDI track.

RobertB
    • Total Posts : 11256
    RE: problems with the playback portion of calkwalk 2008/10/20 20:52:02 (permalink)
    This is certainly going well.
    everything is working fine except for the playback

Then everything is not working fine.
    Im completly confused

Readily apparent.
    We all started out completely confused. It gets better, but you have to think about what you are doing, and listen to what people tell you.
    And answer the questions people ask you. We don't ask these questions to jerk you around. We ask them because to give you a direct answer, we need to know what you are working with.
    You are in a hurry, and can't take the time to ask a coherent question, yet you expect us to take our own time to solve your problem?
    Give me a break.
    That said, you have some of the best minds around trying to help you. What say you chill out and let us do that?
    So far, we know you have Vista 32 bit, a Realtek sound card, and little else.
    What "virtual instrument" are you using?
    What do you mean by "4 track portion"?
    When it stops, do you see a "Dropout" message at the bottom of your screen?
    Have you inserted a soft synth (ie. TTS-1)?
    What settings have you messed with, and what are they set to?
    post edited by RobertB - 2008/10/20 20:55:48

My Soundclick Page
    SONAR Professional, X3eStudio,W7 64bit, AMD Athlon IIx4 2.8Ghz, 4GB RAM, 64bit, AKAI EIE Pro, Nektar Impact LX61,Alesis DM6,Alesis ControlPad,Yamaha MG10/2,Alesis M1Mk2 monitors,Samson Servo300,assorted guitars,Lava Lamp

Shimozu-Kushiari or Bob
    57Gregy
    RE: problems with the playback portion of calkwalk 2008/10/20 22:41:00 (permalink)
    Carl, we want to help, but again you didn't give us any more info than that in your first post.
    We need to know what hardware synthesizer or software synthesizer you're using, specifically, not just "virtual instrument". TTS-1? Edirol VSC? DreamStation or Triangle II? Some other after-market soft synth?
    We need to know what your driver mode is, because if it's WDM driver mode and you're using the Microsoft GS Wavetable Synthesizer, that may not work well with MIDI or audio..
    We need to know which Music Creator program you're using, there are many.
    We need to know which operating system your computer is running, Windows 98? XP? Vista? There are different fixes for each.
    We need to know how much RAM your computer has; a low RAM number can cause audio to not work well with a sophisticated sequencing program like MC. The speed of the processor is also important for audio production.

Greg 

gamblerschoice
    Max Output Level: -43 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 3226
    RE: problems with the playback portion of calkwalk 2008/10/20 22:54:24 (permalink)
    I propose that we ignore this child until he/she:

1 apologises to every one here for his/her childish ranting
    2 list his/her computer specs...operating system, sound card, ram, etc.

Grow up or go away.

Later
    Albert

http://www.showcaseyourmusic.com/lothlorienfantasy
    http://www.gamblerschoice.us/

He's a walking contradiction,
    partly truth and partly fiction, takin' every wrong direction on that
    lonesome road back home.
    coffin13
    RE: problems with the playback portion of calkwalk 2008/10/21 00:31:05 (permalink)
    yes I am using pianoroll I told u people a million times that everything is working fine. Its that it wont playback and if it does it only plays the first portion.Yes I am using vista Im using a stadard soundcard so nothing is wrong and I really dont need some offshoot awnser about nothing.Tell me what exact info u need and I ll provide but Im not gonna do this circle around the question I understand that u need specific info but I have gave everything I can pertaning to my question.So if u can please get back to me soon cause this is very irritating .
    rob.pulman
    Max Output Level: -68 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1146
    RE: problems with the playback portion of calkwalk 2008/10/21 00:40:13 (permalink)
    I'm with Albert above.

Stoojo Music

Dell 2400, XP 1 Gig RAM, Pentium 4 2.8 Ghz, M-Audio 2496, PSR310, LP Custom, Fender Strat, Yam Acoustic, Peavey amps, Zodiac BXP bass
    ascottdesign
    Max Output Level: -71 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 957
    RE: problems with the playback portion of calkwalk 2008/10/21 03:50:28 (permalink)
    Certainly not British!!!
    keneds
    Max Output Level: -76 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 725
    RE: problems with the playback portion of calkwalk 2008/10/21 07:56:46 (permalink)
    The funny thing is he can't stop being a douch bag. Cut him off........or give him bad information to add to his misery.
    That's what I say.
    gamblerschoice
    Max Output Level: -43 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 3226
    RE: problems with the playback portion of calkwalk 2008/10/21 08:25:36 (permalink)
    Maybe you missed this....WE ARE NOT CUSTOMER SUPPORT...
    Go away.
    I hear audacity is free, and everybody loves it
    Later
    Albert

http://www.showcaseyourmusic.com/lothlorienfantasy
    http://www.gamblerschoice.us/

He's a walking contradiction,
    partly truth and partly fiction, takin' every wrong direction on that
    lonesome road back home.
    Guitarhacker
    RE: problems with the playback portion of calkwalk 2008/10/21 08:26:01 (permalink)
    COFFIN....

Are you trying to use the soundcard that is built into your computer? ____yes _____no

Is the computer a LAPTOP? _____yes ______no

Do you know what a soft synth is? ____yes _____no

If yes, Do you know how to insert it into MC & get sound? ___yes ___no

Don't take this the wrong way...but the answers to these 4 questions will go a long ways toward us being able to help you. We must know exactly what is going on and what equipment you're working with BEFORE, we are able to guide you in the right direction.

If you keep posting the kind of posts you've been posting up to this point...we can not help you, you will tick people off, and you will remain ignorant and frustrated, and eventually give up. We don't ask these questions to play games with you....

First thing you should realize is that none of us are Cake staffers...we offer advice out of our desire to help others... so you must be willing to work along with us....answer the questions that you are asked in a concise manner, leave the attitude and other personal issues out of it, and you will get the help you are seeking.

Just so you know: I and about 70% (give or take a few percent) already have a good idea what the problem is...but we need to confirm a few things so we get right to solving the problem without sending you in the wrong direction and wasting time..... so help us out.
    post edited by Guitarhacker - 2008/10/21 08:29:56

BMI/NSAI

cato54321
    RE: problems with the playback portion of calkwalk 2008/10/21 09:10:03 (permalink)
    Everything is working fine but i have a problem,hmmmm oxymoron?

Beagle
    RE: problems with the playback portion of calkwalk 2008/10/21 09:11:35 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: coffin13

yes I am using pianoroll I told u people a million times that everything is working fine. Its that it wont playback and if it does it only plays the first portion.Yes I am using vista Im using a stadard soundcard so nothing is wrong and I really dont need some offshoot awnser about nothing.Tell me what exact info u need and I ll provide but Im not gonna do this circle around the question I understand that u need specific info but I have gave everything I can pertaning to my question.So if u can please get back to me soon cause this is very irritating .

what's irritating is your constant belittling of us and complaining about how we won't help you even tho you won't answer our questions.

if "everything is working fine" then why are you here? obviously something's NOT working fine or you wouldn't have a problem, would you?

"so nothing is wrong and I really don't need some offshoot answer (sic) about nothing."

OK then. you won't get one from me. In fact, you won't get anything from me unless you apologize like Albert suggested and start acting like something other than a 3 year old having a temper tantrum and start answering the questions we ask. without those, I will not answer you. you need to grow up.

Robomusic
    RE: problems with the playback portion of calkwalk 2008/10/21 12:38:34 (permalink)
    Okay, Carl lets talk, you want help, and are asking us for it, and we seem to be frustrating you. Let's put aside why we are frustrated in return for a moment, and let me try to help you understand our problem. in the first three responses from Greg, Herb, and myself we ask you kindly amd precisely what we needed to know, i even invited you to come to our personal work site to discuss the problem, we have a chat box there to work out problems in real time. You responded to that with insults. Maybe you are feeling frustrated by that fact you know little or nothing really about this process, but hey all the newbies that come here face that challenge. At this point I am unsure what more you expect us to do for you!

Told us a million times? You have told us very little to nothing of value! All you have said is that everything is working fine, but stops playing, and it is an audio problem. Then after much debate, that you are using a midi input device, the piano roll. Your original statement was very confusing. Since you are using the piano roll through the built in sound card, then i assume you are using Microsoft synth GS to hear the piano roll, which means you are not using audio, but hearing the audio output of the midi notes through the internal synth in Windows. So hopefully you can see that your statements are all wrong.

First off we had to beat you half to death to find out it was Vista, still we have no idea what version of MC you have. You think that we can give you an answer to a problem on a machine that we can not see, have no knowledge of it's setup and systems, and very little information about your process. These questions we ask are very important, because some versions of MC ARE NOT compatible with Vista. So we ask you not to give the run around, but to save time and effort chasing a bogus problem in the long run. The responders have been specific, and precise in their request, it is you that fails to listen and supply information. MC as a system is complex because it brings together both the audio world and the midi world. Most newbie folks that come here are confused as to what midi is, and where the lines are drawn, as it is apparent you are. This is not a shame, but a process. Go back over the post and answer all the questions ask, in detail come back and post a response that does not include sarcasm, and earnestly asks for help without a tone of anger, but one of cooperation and I will try to help. I call this going the extra mile, even though you have not earned it still I am willing. But a word of caution, come back with an insulting, accusing tone and i doubt you will ever get a decent response here again. We do not have to help you, unless you treat us with respect.

Music Town
    Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1