Shuttle Pro 2: Scroll by Tick, Beat, or Measure

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
ba_midi
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 14061
RE: Shuttle Pro 2: Scroll by Tick, Beat, or Measure 2003/12/30 14:20:01 (permalink)
Hmm, I'm kind of confused by what you're asking....
Did you get the LATEST drivers from Contour Design - and the latest APPlication setting file from them?

It's basically plug and play with their latest drivers.

And you can configure any of the buttons/wheels to your taste - or keep the default settings (the latest drivers come with Sonar settings).

You should install the drivers before plugging in the device so that Windows can 'recognize' it once the drivers are in.

ORIGINAL: Asylum Moon

Can someone export their settings for the SPv2 & sonar 3pe and make them available to download?
1: There are no keybindings possibilities for scroll by tick (only measure).
2: No keybindings for scrubbing audio
3: There are no Cakewalk Control surfaces for the SPv2.

I cannot figure out how it is possible for anyone to be able to FF or RW by tick or measure with the SPv2. Actually just open the control panel and take a screen shot of the settings for the Shuttle & Wheel Settings.

When making a cakewalk control surface it ask what port is it connected to, and there are no options for USB. So how can I make a control surface for this thing?

Billy Arnell (ba-midi)

http://www.ba-midi.com/music/files
Music gives me life, so I give life Music.
Thanks for listening - Let's Dance to the rhythm of life! :)
ba_midi
RE: Shuttle Pro 2: Scroll by Tick, Beat, or Measure 2003/12/30 14:21:15 (permalink)
Their latest drivers are better (imho) and you don't need the plugin now.

It's all built-in/integrated.

ORIGINAL: rgfors

When I bought my shuttle pro, I went to the Contourdesign web site and downloaded a Sonar Plug in. I installed the plug in, and the shuttle pro works perfectly. I can choose ticks, beats or measures, and have had zero problems. I just went to their website, and I don't see the plug in for Sonar listed anywhere. For those of you that are having problems, please send me your email address to randy.forshey@sbcglobal.net, and I will send the plugin to you...

Randy

Billy Arnell (ba-midi)

deltadreams
Max Output Level: -88 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 101
RE: Shuttle Pro 2: Scroll by Tick, Beat, or Measure 2003/12/30 14:31:46 (permalink)
Ok. Let me make this clearer once again

I AM able to get Shuttle Pro v2 to work with Sonar 3 Producer Edition. However, I can't get the Control Surface driver plugin (through Cakewalk's site) so that it moves by Beat, Tick, Measure. This Control Surface plugin was written for Sonar 2.2.

I'm going to do what ba_midi did and uninstall the Shuttle Pro program and the Control Surface drivers. Reboot, and install the latest and see if I can get the jog wheel to move by beat, tick, or measure.

I think some people on this board maybe confused that Shuttle Pro doesn't work at all with Sonar 3. It does - just can't geth jog wheel to move by another resolution besides measure.

If anyone got this to work like the above I mentioned, can you do a screen shot and place it here so we can see the Control Surface toolbar saying Beat.

Thanks.
Godfrey
Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 51
RE: Shuttle Pro 2: Scroll by Tick, Beat, or Measure 2003/12/30 15:53:48 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: deltadreams

I'm going to do what ba_midi did and uninstall the Shuttle Pro program and the Control Surface drivers. Reboot, and install the latest and see if I can get the jog wheel to move by beat, tick, or measure.

I received mine yesterday. I installed the absolute latest drivers from the Contour Design Web site, plugged in the ShuttlePRO for the first time ever, and still it'll only move by measures. If there is a way to change the resolution, it's certainly not apparent from any of the settings on the ShuttlePRO's system-tray interface.
rgfors
Max Output Level: -69 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1068
RE: Shuttle Pro 2: Scroll by Tick, Beat, or Measure 2003/12/30 16:11:23 (permalink)
Billy (ba-midi) says that the latest drivers work for him, but I've not updated them yet. As I stated in an earlier post, give me your email address and I will send you the plug-in.

I will state it again: My shuttlepro works in ticks, beats or measures and it is all selectable from a drop down menu within Sonar 3 Producer's edition.

For those of you that are interested, I will email the plugin as well as all of the setup information taken right from Sonar..

Randy
deltadreams
RE: Shuttle Pro 2: Scroll by Tick, Beat, or Measure 2003/12/30 16:15:51 (permalink)
Ok.

You can email me at qly@haloxl_xxNOSPAMxx_.com

remove the _xxNOSPAMxx_ from the address.

Thanks!
Asylum Moon
  • Total Posts : 136
RE: Shuttle Pro 2: Scroll by Tick, Beat, or Measure 2003/12/30 16:17:15 (permalink)
Did you get the LATEST drivers from Contour Design?

Yes and the version 2.5.7 of the control panel only lets you select by Measure. (the latest driver)

and the latest APPlication setting file from them

What APPlication settings are you talking abut? The ones that are preinstalled with the drivers? Then yes.

And you can configure any of the buttons/wheels to your taste - or keep the default settings (the latest drivers come with Sonar settings).

Yes the latest Shuttle Pro Version 2 drivers (2.5.7) come with S3PE settings but the wheel and jog only move by measure!
ba_midi
RE: Shuttle Pro 2: Scroll by Tick, Beat, or Measure 2003/12/30 16:29:53 (permalink)
If there's a way to do it in Sonar, then you can program the Shuttle device to do it. I just don't recall if there's a way in Sonar or not.

ORIGINAL: Godfrey

ORIGINAL: deltadreams

I received mine yesterday. I installed the absolute latest drivers from the Contour Design Web site, plugged in the ShuttlePRO for the first time ever, and still it'll only move by measures. If there is a way to change the resolution, it's certainly not apparent from any of the settings on the ShuttlePRO's system-tray interface.

Billy Arnell (ba-midi)

ba_midi
RE: Shuttle Pro 2: Scroll by Tick, Beat, or Measure 2003/12/30 16:31:52 (permalink)
As I've pointed out -- IF there's a way to do it in Sonar, you can just reprogram the Shuttle to do it. I just don't know how to do it (yet) by ticks.

ORIGINAL: Asylum Moon

Did you get the LATEST drivers from Contour Design?

Yes and the version 2.5.7 of the control panel only lets you select by Measure. (the latest driver)

and the latest APPlication setting file from them

What APPlication settings are you talking abut? The ones that are preinstalled with the drivers? Then yes.

Yes the latest Shuttle Pro Version 2 drivers (2.5.7) come with S3PE settings but the wheel and jog only move by measure!

Billy Arnell (ba-midi)

rgfors
Max Output Level: -69 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1068
RE: Shuttle Pro 2: Scroll by Tick, Beat, or Measure 2003/12/30 16:50:34 (permalink)
I just got off the phone with Mike at Contour Design regarding these issues. Apparently Cakewalk is selling two different models of the Shuttlepro, one is just the Shuttlepro, the other is the Shuttlepro V2. The difference between them is 13 button vs. 15 button. The new V2 DOES NOT support the plugin for the Shuttlepro (13 button) and is NOT capable of moving via the shuttle by ticks or beats ONLY measures. Contour is working on this and hopes to have a new Sonar plugin soon.

So those of you that have sent me your email addresses for the plugin, please verify if you have the Shuttlepro or the Shuttlepro V2. If you have the Shuttlepro, the plugin will work and all will be well...

Sorry for the confusion...

Randy
deltadreams
RE: Shuttle Pro 2: Scroll by Tick, Beat, or Measure 2003/12/30 17:03:08 (permalink)
Thank you!!!

Finally we are clear and what works and what doesn't!
ba_midi
RE: Shuttle Pro 2: Scroll by Tick, Beat, or Measure 2003/12/30 19:07:36 (permalink)
Ugh, I should have pointed that out myself (ie., there are 2 versions).

Thanks for the info for everyone though!

ORIGINAL: rgfors

I just got off the phone with Mike at Contour Design regarding these issues. Apparently Cakewalk is selling two different models of the Shuttlepro, one is just the Shuttlepro, the other is the Shuttlepro V2. The difference between them is 13 button vs. 15 button. The new V2 DOES NOT support the plugin for the Shuttlepro (13 button) and is NOT capable of moving via the shuttle by ticks or beats ONLY measures. Contour is working on this and hopes to have a new Sonar plugin soon.

So those of you that have sent me your email addresses for the plugin, please verify if you have the Shuttlepro or the Shuttlepro V2. If you have the Shuttlepro, the plugin will work and all will be well...

Sorry for the confusion...

Randy

Billy Arnell (ba-midi)

puffer
Max Output Level: -74 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 836
RE: Shuttle Pro 2: Scroll by Tick, Beat, or Measure 2003/12/31 00:31:28 (permalink)
Ah, thanks so much for clearing this up. I was beginning to think that I'd imagined it.

I never meant to imply that the Contour didn't work, and I apologize if I contributed to any confusion. I have the first version, which this older driver works for. Though it will be interesting to see how they update this.

Cheers

digitallofi.bandcamp.com
slickvic
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1
RE: Shuttle Pro 2: Scroll by Tick, Beat, or Measure 2005/03/11 12:42:06 (permalink)
Hi,

I have the Shuttlepro V2 and after reading your message, I came down with a case of "NO WONDER!" I've been fighting this thing for months trying to get it to work with Sonar 4 PE to no avail. I set the settings to 'ticks' and it still jumps a measure at a time. I just called Contour Designs (March 11, 2004) and they said I just have to fool with the settings. The only 'fool' turned out to be me. Any help or advice would sure be welcome.

Thanks.
ba_midi
RE: Shuttle Pro 2: Scroll by Tick, Beat, or Measure 2005/03/11 12:59:32 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: slickvic

Hi,

I have the Shuttlepro V2 and after reading your message, I came down with a case of "NO WONDER!" I've been fighting this thing for months trying to get it to work with Sonar 4 PE to no avail. I set the settings to 'ticks' and it still jumps a measure at a time. I just called Contour Designs (March 11, 2004) and they said I just have to fool with the settings. The only 'fool' turned out to be me. Any help or advice would sure be welcome.

Thanks.

These days, the SPV2 is fairly useless to me. I use the jog wheel to quickly move around, but that's almost the whole of what it's good for in Sonar 4 PE.

It's wasted money in my opinion. NOt being programmable makes it a super cool looking paperweight!

Billy Arnell (ba-midi)

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1