The REAL B*tch List

Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
Author
b rock
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 8717
2005/04/18 17:40:48 (permalink)

The REAL B*tch List

We have none. Folks, we've just been given a gift. I'm willing to bet good money that the Dimension synth alone could retail for even twice as much as the $79 upgrade cost. This one will get a lot of focus, and I have a feeling that it'll also bring the curiosity-seekers in from well outside of the Cakewalk camp.

The new application features themselves are going to send us all into a complete re-evaluation of our workflow habits, and with the depth of creativity found in this forum, the potential is exploding. I can see a melding of the early-adopter work ethic of backdoors and workarounds blending with the wide-open experimentation of some of the newer users.

Top that off with a new DXi effect, which I haven't really even seen discussed. Looks like the answer for you old-school TR-808 fans. I've got a few ideas for that one myself. Fliters are all about the sound, though, so it's difficult to evaluate at this point.

And we've got help, too, this time around. I think that when Rene posted his first P5 forum message (shortly after the rgc/Cake announcement), he had like six forum(s)-wide posts. Has anyone else noticed the steady increase in his on-line presence here, and the increase in depth in his responses? You're tapping at the source there, and I certainly appreciate his input.

Jesse Jost dropped in yesterday, and just about quadrupled his original post output in one day alone. Not at Sonar; or the Coffeehouse; but here. Jesse's posts are straight up, and to the point. "It does this, but not that." Boom. Remember that this guy knows P5 inside and out, and you can also thank him for the tips and the "F" bank for PSYN.

Nick Haddad? We love him here, but that new hairstyle ... He used to be such a good boy ... I have the feeling that Nick reads everything here. He's here very frequently, but he hangs back a lot, and let's us work out some problems on our own. Just when it looks as though we're at a standstill on a topic, Nick jumps in for a surgical knowledge-strike. The rest of the time, especially when we start 'misbehaving', he just lets us go. No scolding; no arrogance; just a friendly helping hand with a good sense of humor. If you are indeed the Moderator here, Nick, you understand our needs here, and we don't want anyone else taking your 'title'.

One (perhaps obvious) thing to note: These guys are all doing this on their own time. They don't get paid for this stuff; they come to the Project5 forum because they want to. Without getting too 'mushy' here, I'd just like to thank them for the extra effort.

Are they perfect? Is the next version going to be perfect? [Are we perfect? <g>] Nope. But I've got a gut instinct that we're all going to pull it together and really start getting some spectacular results. We've been through tougher adjustments than this before. I don't know; this upgrade 'feel' is a little more anxiety-ridden and vocal than the last one. With the [free] 1.5 update, everyone was more full of questions about the actual announced feature set than now. Perhaps we knew more about that upgrade, so the questions were more focused. I've gotten side-tracked myself, but I think that it's close enough now to get a little more focused on what we can do with 2P5.

All in all, I've got to say that I've very thankful for the way things are shaping up here. Time to go to work ...

42 Replies Related Threads

MurderDethKill
    Max Output Level: -56 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1904
    RE: The REAL B*tch List 2005/04/18 17:46:37 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: b rock

All in all, I've got to say that I've very thankful for the way things are shaping up here. Time to go to work ...

If this is work....

Then i love my new job!!!

My site i guess;)
    Monstruousubergeekyhardcorefunkytrancepolkaoptimism Lives!!!
    ZuN
    Max Output Level: -78 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 622
    RE: The REAL B*tch List 2005/04/18 17:47:02 (permalink)
    Well said Mr. B ROCK!!
    b rock
    RE: The REAL B*tch List 2005/04/18 19:41:29 (permalink)
    You know, I forgot to mention the audio features. I really didn't care either way about their inclusion at first, as I've been utilizing the multiple-app approach for this since the beginning. But now I'm starting to realize that the key to this addition is in having the ability to manipulate audio files using the bleeding-edge features from v.2 that are unique to this one application. My head is now spinning with the possiblities.
    ZuN
    Max Output Level: -78 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 622
    RE: The REAL B*tch List 2005/04/18 19:45:20 (permalink)
    Beleive me the minute i read this thing does audio, I've been scheming up ways to manipulate audio, Good Times ahead
    woodamand
    Max Output Level: -77 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 673
    RE: The REAL B*tch List 2005/04/18 19:46:31 (permalink)

You know, I forgot to mention the audio features. I really didn't care either way about their inclusion at first, as I've been utilizing the multiple-app approach for this since the beginning. But now I'm starting to realize that the key to this addition is in having the ability to manipulate audio files using the bleeding-edge features from v.2 that are unique to this one application. My head is now spinning with the possiblities.

or maybe too many over ripe avocado daiquiris?

check out the new Brain Transfer Project CD
    http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/braintransfer
    jardim do mar
    Max Output Level: -66 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1247
    RE: The REAL B*tch List 2005/04/18 19:54:26 (permalink)
    Folks, we've just been given a gift

"of gab"
    http://www.answers.com/topic/gift-of-gab

marcella
    And Remember,,,,One thing at a Time.....
    b rock
    RE: The REAL B*tch List 2005/04/18 19:59:24 (permalink)
    Folks, we've just been given a gift ... "of gab"
    ROTFLMAO! A well-deserved shot across the bow! Say ... would you like to buy some avocado squeezin's?
    dgkenney
    Max Output Level: -85 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 267
    RE: The REAL B*tch List 2005/04/18 20:01:34 (permalink)

we've just been given a gift. I'm willing to bet good money that the Dimension synth alone could retail for even twice as much as the $79 upgrade cost. This one will get a lot of focus, and I have a feeling that it'll also bring the curiosity-seekers in from well outside of the Cakewalk camp.

I couldn't agree with you more.....not to mention that you'd be hard pressed to find a 3 gig sample library for anywhere near that. Because I am new P5 customer (although not a new Cakewalk customer) it is costing me about $175 for the V1--> V2 upgrade path and I consider it a bargain.

The truth is I was never interested in P5 when it came out. Based upon my type of music and my workflow it simply held no interest for me and made no sense to add to my toolbox. This new version however looks very exciting.

You folks who are not familiar with the "Groove Matrix" approach to composition are going to be blown away. It may take you a day or so to digest the new paradigm but once you get it you will wonder how you ever got by with a linear format. I have been using Live over the last little while but I am looking forward to P5's implememtation. Having the Matrix and arrangement before you on one page is brilliant. The arpegiator, device patches, soft synths and audio recording/editing are going to make this a spectatcular offering.

Dan
    René
    Max Output Level: -68 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1103
    RE: The REAL B*tch List 2005/04/18 20:07:09 (permalink)
    Well...actually...
    The truth is that I've heard there will be P5II T-Shirts for the top forum participants.

-René
    wrench45us
    Max Output Level: -25.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 4991
    RE: The REAL B*tch List 2005/04/18 20:13:10 (permalink)

Rene is not only really good at some things.

He can also be wicked. If he's just teasing it's a good thing he lives so far away.
    But with these google maps, there may be no escape.

b rock
    RE: The REAL B*tch List 2005/04/18 21:13:27 (permalink)
    The truth is that I've heard there will be P5II T-Shirts for the top forum participants.
    Define 'top'. Would that description be based on quality of content, BS vs. facts ratio, amount and depth of sucking up to the Cakewalk organization, or is it based on the actual number of posts (like this number here)?

<----------------------

Personally, I don't care which criteria is used; just tell me what I've got to do. <g>
    post edited by b rock - 2005/04/18 21:15:19
    jardim do mar
    RE: The REAL B*tch List 2005/04/18 21:18:35 (permalink)
    The truth is that I've heard there will be P5II T-Shirts for the top forum participants

,, i guess you will ,,,just have to wait another year ,,,,, "B",,,,besides ,,i don't think they made XX-large,,,,

edit- ,
    post edited by jardim do mar - 2005/04/18 21:19:15

marcella
    b rock
    RE: The REAL B*tch List 2005/04/18 21:26:25 (permalink)
    besides ,,i don't think they made XX-large,,,,
    Right once again, Marcella. That size is only available for the P5 baseball caps, condoms, and ,, , , ,,, panty sets. They all make great stocking stuffers. BTW: Did I happen to mention anywhere that the 21st is my B'day? <g>
    jardim do mar
    RE: The REAL B*tch List 2005/04/18 21:48:54 (permalink)
    That size is only available for the P5 baseball caps, condoms, and ,, , , ,,, panty sets.

the 21st is my B'day
    ,, i just knew ,,you were a april seedling,,,,,, i'll play ya "happy birthday" p5 ,,"style" with a little "eastern" influence,, thrown,in,,, what more could ya ask for ,,,,, please ,,spare me the bandwidth,,,, <g> probably,,, won't see ya that day ,,, so ,,,, have a "B" day ,, a fun day ,,, it' your day,,,,and best wishes,,,,

marcella
    Digital Aura
    Max Output Level: -24 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 5118
    RE: The REAL B*tch List 2005/04/18 22:49:36 (permalink)
    HOT DIGGITY RENE!!

I gotta be in now! Tell B-Rock that it only counts if they're P5 posts!! (post whore! LOL)
    agincourtdb
    Max Output Level: -27.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 4753
    RE: The REAL B*tch List 2005/04/18 22:52:46 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: René

Well...actually...

-René

Dude. Seriously. Don't tease us like that. Because we've been hurt before ... I've been hurt... so bad... I can't even.... *sniff* ....and it's not like the trombone player ever gets the girl....

Digital Aura
    Max Output Level: -24 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 5118
    RE: The REAL B*tch List 2005/04/18 22:54:47 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: agincourtdb

Well...actually...

-René

Dude. Seriously. Don't tease us like that. Because we've been hurt before ... I've been hurt... so bad... I can't even.... *sniff* ....and it's not like the trombone player ever gets the girl....

Aggie, that's not true! I know a trombone player who told the girls he had "big bells"! They flocked to him!
    Locopomo2
    Max Output Level: -87 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 200
    RE: The REAL B*tch List 2005/04/19 02:41:46 (permalink)

But now I'm starting to realize that the key to this addition is in having the ability to manipulate audio files using the bleeding-edge features from v.2 that are unique to this one application. My head is now spinning with the possiblities.

P5's lack of loop tools was a huge disappointment for me after I purchased it. Indeed, it probably contributed to my low productivity over the past couple of years. I had developed a habit of building tracks around jam sessions with my songwriting partner, sampling them then slicing and dicing them with the likes of Acid and AudioMulch. I thought I could fold that technique into P5 but the audio limitations killed that off (I'm talking about you, GroovePlayer). But now, all this talk of audio in V2 has me close to the pant wetting stage.

Now all I need is for Edirol to give UK users a hint about upgrade price and availability

"When the going gets weird, the weird turn Pro" - Hunter S Thompson
    MartinHroch
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 44
    RE: The REAL B*tch List 2005/04/19 03:22:49 (permalink)
    post edited by MartinHroch - 2006/02/23 02:45:25
    wrench45us
    RE: The REAL B*tch List 2005/04/19 08:00:05 (permalink)

if true, it seems to me this is a very dangerous strategy.
    capable of sowing seeds of dissent anong the forum community

who exactly decides what qualifies as a top forum participant?
    and with such a premium being placed on these mythical shirts ,there's bound to be dissension if someone is denied qualification as a top forum participant

all for one and one for all
    let the lowest common denominator reign!
    take our 15 bucks and let's be done with it
    15 bucks is a small price to pay to keep this forum from degenerating into petty squabbles.

ohh that Rene is a wicked one.

René
    RE: The REAL B*tch List 2005/04/19 08:14:59 (permalink)
    Define 'top'. Would that description be based on quality of content, BS vs. facts ratio, amount and depth of sucking up to the Cakewalk organization, or is it based on the actual number of posts (like this number here)?

Well, I've only 'heard' of it, so I don't now for sure what the rules are. One has to think that anyone with such amount of posts and who had not been banned yet must have a decent SNR though

-René
    wrench45us
    RE: The REAL B*tch List 2005/04/19 08:32:07 (permalink)

ah the old voices in the head routine

i'm beginning to catch on why CW hired Rene

Jesse Jost [Cakewalk]
    Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 83
    RE: The REAL B*tch List 2005/04/19 09:50:03 (permalink)

Well...actually...

René, da me un de estos por favor...

Jesse Jost
    Cakewalk
    René
    RE: The REAL B*tch List 2005/04/19 11:40:41 (permalink)
    Amigo, cuando quieras!

-René
    Far Left Corner
    Max Output Level: -87 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 184
    RE: The REAL B*tch List 2005/04/19 13:16:57 (permalink)
    Jesse and Rene,

That's just plain mean !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

("Pssst, Jesse, you quiero uno tambien aqui! - ! Yo no dice nada)
    wrench45us
    RE: The REAL B*tch List 2005/04/19 13:27:28 (permalink)

i don't know if that clears things up or not, but this translator program is a stitch

http://dictionary.reference.com/translate/text.html

three_eyed_otter
    Max Output Level: -49 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2642
    RE: The REAL B*tch List 2005/04/19 14:54:14 (permalink)
    Sweet.

have a good one
    3Eo
    zipdigital
    Max Output Level: -86 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 218
    RE: The REAL B*tch List 2005/04/19 16:12:54 (permalink)
    All in all, I've got to say that I've very thankful for the way things are shaping up here.

I'd have to agree. P5 is growing on it's own strengths - the fact that it is a synth based app. Thus the more synths provided, the better P5 gets. ( As long as they're good instruments) I'm quite interested in seeing what both the Dimension and the Roland synths can really do. WooHoo!

-Sol
    zipdigital
    Max Output Level: -86 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 218
    RE: The REAL B*tch List 2005/04/19 16:32:46 (permalink)
    Well, I've only 'heard' of it, so I don't now for sure what the rules are. One has to think that anyone with such amount of posts and who had not been banned yet must have a decent SNR though

-René

I vote we have a Cakewalk sponsored p5v2 contest. ;) (Friendly of course). Once p5 is released to the retail channel, the contest could include enough time everyone to recieve preorders or go to the local stores, to figure out the new interfaces and synths/effects enough to make a song. The judges could be cakewalk employees and judge via whatever song they like the most. ;) Of course, P5 sounds and synths only...

Prizes could include shirts (I'm not sure they exist...) ...and hey, why not throw in a Z3ta+ or Pentagon as a grand prize?

Just a thought that could generate some interesting activity out of the wonderful p5 crew we have here. I recently entered a similar contest with an E-mu and the emulator X. I'm a proud runner up with a rather ugly E-mu t-shirt, but it was fun and generated a lot of positive results from the Emu EmulatorX community.

-Sol
    Page: 12 > Showing page 1 of 2
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1