AM BUYING NEW COMPUTER AND NEED HELP CHOOSING PARTS TO MAKE IDEAL COMPUTER FOR USING VSTS IN SONAR 7

Page: 123 > Showing page 1 of 3
Author
ANIMAL010101
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 8
2009/03/26 17:12:45 (permalink)

AM BUYING NEW COMPUTER AND NEED HELP CHOOSING PARTS TO MAKE IDEAL COMPUTER FOR USING VSTS IN SONAR 7

Hey guys

I want to buy a new computer for running sonar 7 producer edition.

I am going to be using virtual instruments such as Omnisphere and addictive drums.

I want to buy a computer that can easily run lots and lots of midi and audio tracks - the most powerful computer I can buy for running all of this.

I would like to know what processor is the best for running Sonar 7 and using multiple midi and audio tracks with no failures or drop outs and will produce the best sounding result.

I would really appreciate it any of you could tell me exactly what processor to buy (quad core, duo ect), Operating system sound card.

Please help! I really want to get recording with all this software!

Thanks

74 Replies Related Threads

jinga8
    Max Output Level: -17 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 5817
    RE: AM BUYING NEW COMPUTER AND NEED HELP CHOOSING PARTS TO MAKE IDEAL COMPUTER FOR USING V 2009/03/26 17:31:50 (permalink)
    Call Jim at Studiocat
    or Scott at ADK
    Houndawg
    Max Output Level: -75 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 759
    RE: AM BUYING NEW COMPUTER AND NEED HELP CHOOSING PARTS TO MAKE IDEAL COMPUTER FOR USING V 2009/03/26 17:38:37 (permalink)
    If you're serious about purchasing a great system specifically for the software you mentioned -- one that is guaranteed to work well and is competently supported in case it doesn't... then you owe it to yourself to check out these two companies. Check out their offerings, give them a call, you won't regret it. Many, many, many Sonar users have done so with fantastic results.

I don't work for these companies or receive any type of benefit at all for recommending them -- other than the personal satisfaction of giving out the BEST advice possible when asked.

http://www.adkproaudio.com/

http://www.studiocat.com/

hounDAWg

LynxTWO-B/UAD-2 DUO/UAD-1
    DynaudioBM5A/AlphaTrack/RD-700GX/PCR-800
    ASUS P5K-E/Q6600@3.0GHz/4GB
    2-WD Raptors(74/150),2-320GB(BFD2/VSTi)
    2-XFX PCIe/4-17"LCD
    AntecP182/NoctuaNH-C12P/CorsairTX650
    Sonar8.3.1/XP/Vista32
    Snouter
    Max Output Level: -88 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 105
    RE: AM BUYING NEW COMPUTER AND NEED HELP CHOOSING PARTS TO MAKE IDEAL COMPUTER FOR USING V 2009/03/26 17:38:59 (permalink)
    The intel i7 is amazingly fast and can be found in PCs under a grand that have good video cards and fast drives. Just need to add a good sound card.
    mudgel
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 12010
    RE: AM BUYING NEW COMPUTER AND NEED HELP CHOOSING PARTS TO MAKE IDEAL COMPUTER FOR USING V 2009/03/26 18:04:27 (permalink)
    to snouter: If only it was that simple.

to the OP. Follow the advice about giving Jim or Scott a call. Even if you don't want to buy from them they provide consultation (fee based) that will save you bucks in the long run.

Mike V. (MUDGEL)

STUDIO: Win 10 Pro x64, SPlat & CbB x64,
    PC: ASUS Z370-A, INTEL i7 8700k, 32GIG DDR4 2400, OC 4.7Ghz.
    Storage: 7 TB SATA III, 750GiG SSD & Samsung 500 Gig 960 EVO NVMe M.2.
    Monitors: Adam A7X, JBL 10” Sub.
    Audio I/O & DSP Server: DIGIGRID IOS & IOX.
    Screen: Raven MTi + 43" HD 4K TV Monitor.
    Keyboard Controller: Native Instruments Komplete Kontrol S88.
    alexoosthoek
    Max Output Level: -23 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 5238
    RE: AM BUYING NEW COMPUTER AND NEED HELP CHOOSING PARTS TO MAKE IDEAL COMPUTER FOR USING V 2009/03/26 18:24:37 (permalink)
    Scott and FF800, just my two €-cents

Regards,
    Alex

The CHB
    Some Live Demo's

Various ADK computers   and some thingy's
    Have fun!
    ANIMAL010101
    • Total Posts : 8
    RE: AM BUYING NEW COMPUTER AND NEED HELP CHOOSING PARTS TO MAKE IDEAL COMPUTER FOR USING V 2009/03/27 10:04:28 (permalink)
    Does the I7 processor make much difference to the production of your recordings? and is it much better than a quad??

Also, do applications that are 32 bit run in 64 bit operating systems? When i say run i mean are they compatible. I dont expect them to be able to automatically adjust to the 64 bit operating system.

Do you know what is a better operating system out of XP and Vista?

And do you know if 32 bit virtual instruments can be run in Sonar in a 64 bit operating system?
    Wickens
    Max Output Level: -87 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 183
    RE: AM BUYING NEW COMPUTER AND NEED HELP CHOOSING PARTS TO MAKE IDEAL COMPUTER FOR USING V 2009/03/27 10:55:03 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: mudgel

to the OP. Follow the advice about giving Jim or Scott a call. Even if you don't want to buy from them they provide consultation (fee based) that will save you bucks in the long run.

It is that simple?...

I built my i7 computer about 2 months ago and I havnt had any problems with it.

No offense, but people here tend to suggest spending money for someone else to build them a PC when the process is extremely simple.

I dont doubt that those guys know what they're doing, but it's not really difficult to go through msconfig, or Admin Service Settings and turn off anything you dont need. They are labeled pretty obviously in terms of what the service/program does.
    Not really something I'd pay extra $$ for when I can do it myself in 30 minutes.
    rstudio
    • Total Posts : 46
    RE: AM BUYING NEW COMPUTER AND NEED HELP CHOOSING PARTS TO MAKE IDEAL COMPUTER FOR USING V 2009/03/27 11:09:44 (permalink)
    i see you made some confusion.
    some application's that are made with 32 bits run well in 64 bits, but some need different driver's (32 or 64 ) for different operation system (xp, vista).
    we can not talk that way, (global) we have to talk individual because one program, game etc, is different from another..

about I7 processor , well that the same thing, what i7 mhz speed,and number of processor, and cache and bus speed are you tank about?
    high better, that it!!

general speak the new processor are better in everything, but there's a lot for many different thing's , so we have to se the difference.
    for example maybe a high version of 4 core is better then a poor version of I7..
    maybe, first's we have to compare.

about vista and xp, xp consume less cpu and memory..
    for now i have the last windows 7 beta, and for me it's better then vista sp1..

Desperate Dan
    Max Output Level: -59.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1554
    RE: AM BUYING NEW COMPUTER AND NEED HELP CHOOSING PARTS TO MAKE IDEAL COMPUTER FOR USING V 2009/03/27 11:10:37 (permalink)
    I dont doubt that those guys know what they're doing, but it's not really difficult to go through msconfig, or Admin Service Settings and turn off anything you dont need. They are labeled pretty obviously in terms of what the service/program does.
    Not really something I'd pay extra $$ for when I can do it myself in 30 minutes.

I would use Jim or Scott because it takes more than 30Mins just to do the research on which Boards and components to avoid and which to use. If you are watching every penny then do it yourself, but if you can afford peace of mind and a great warranty then go with the Pros. I have clients that Build or buy the biggest Junk I've seen in my life and then **** and moan that it performs like a dog, overheats, is noisy, Fugly and why didn't anyone tell them the pitfalls etc. Very few people are capable of building a decent DAW despite all the *seemingly* good advice on the Net. Of course if the user isn't in a situation where his clients look at the build quality or the stability then that's another story.... By the time they get to me, they've spent all the money and expect me to kiss the Frog and turn it into a Prince. Just my 2c worth from a DAW suppliers perspective.

Windows 7 Professional  64 bit - Intel Q-9550 2.83 CPU, 8Gb DDR800, Gigabyte EP35-DS3R, M-Audio Delta 44, Yamaha HS-80M Monitors, UAD-1 Ultra Pack

I'm reading a book about anti-gravity at the moment and I just can't put it down
    dippindivin
    Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 70
    RE: AM BUYING NEW COMPUTER AND NEED HELP CHOOSING PARTS TO MAKE IDEAL COMPUTER FOR USING V 2009/03/27 11:32:47 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: Wickens

ORIGINAL: mudgel

It is that simple?...

I built my i7 computer about 2 months ago and I havnt had any problems with it.

No offense, but people here tend to suggest spending money for someone else to build them a PC when the process is extremely simple.

You have to realize that the audience on this board is an older generation. I think that most of the people are going to recommend not doing the work themselves. It's my day job so I would always recommend doing the work yourself, including the research and the building of the actual computer. That way you know it inside and out. Hardware is cheap now days, the labor is whats going to be a waste of money (in my eyes at least).

You can research plenty of computer hardware side by side here: www.tomshardware.com

Websites like studiocat don't even show top of the line gear. Such as SSD disks. But it all depends on your budget. The sky is the limit.
    red37
    • Total Posts : 49
    RE: AM BUYING NEW COMPUTER AND NEED HELP CHOOSING PARTS TO MAKE IDEAL COMPUTER FOR USING V 2009/03/27 11:52:45 (permalink)
    Does anyone have any links to UK based firms that can offer a service comparable to those two US based links provided?

Ive checked out the following (and used one or two before - with varying degrees of satisfaction):

SCAN-IntaAudio-Red Submarine-RAIN.

Is there anyone else though who can offer up to date services, competitive pricing and above all else...reliability. An independant perhaps?

Im in the market for a new system once Windows 7 starts to show itself, maybe befrore that if Vista 64 can provide all my needs - but id like to be pre armed with some ground research before going ahead and splashing upwards of almost 2k on a system.

AMD 64 Dual 5200+. 2.7ghzRAM. 1.2 TB. Audio Kontrol 1. Edirol PCR-500. Sirocco. XPsp3. SONAR 8.5.1
    CoteRotie
    Max Output Level: -68 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1112
    RE: AM BUYING NEW COMPUTER AND NEED HELP CHOOSING PARTS TO MAKE IDEAL COMPUTER FOR USING V 2009/03/27 12:07:21 (permalink)

You have to realize that the audience on this board is an older generation.

Oh, man, the truth hurts :)

You can get lucky or you could easily pick a motherboard that's great for gaming but awful for DAW use. There were issues with early SATA interfaces, some chipsets, some Firewire chips, etc. Companies like ADK and Studiocat have tested all this stuff and they know what works. It's fine to build your own but giving these guys a call for advice is cheap insurance against having issues.

Regards,

John

Wait, wait, what key is it in? 

GA-X58A-UD3 motherboard
    Intel i7 950 CPU w/12 G RAM
    ATI Radeon 4350 graphics
    3 cats 1 crazydog
    Lynx AES16/Aurora 8
    SCA N72 J99 & A12 pres. Adam A7 Monitors
    Win 10  
    SONAR Platinum 64 bit 
    sandman5000
    Max Output Level: -73 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 882
    RE: AM BUYING NEW COMPUTER AND NEED HELP CHOOSING PARTS TO MAKE IDEAL COMPUTER FOR USING V 2009/03/27 19:38:29 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: CoteRotie

You have to realize that the audience on this board is an older generation.

Oh, man, the truth hurts :)

You can get lucky or you could easily pick a motherboard that's great for gaming but awful for DAW use. There were issues with early SATA interfaces, some chipsets, some Firewire chips, etc. Companies like ADK and Studiocat have tested all this stuff and they know what works. It's fine to build your own but giving these guys a call for advice is cheap insurance against having issues.

Regards,

John

You make it sound like they are the only ones that now this stuff (which I'm $ure they appreciate). This very forum has parts lists that are known to work well. Not to mention most music related forums. I think discouraging others to (what seems to me) kiss the local daw builders butt, does a disservice to the community. People should learn as much about their tools as possible. And it's not like it's that hard anyway.

To me it's like somebody saying, "don't bother learning how to string a guitar. Take it to a pro who will do it right".

I think the age demographic is a good point as to why the timidness and not wanting to do it yourself.

The money difference between doing it yourself and paying for it is considerable. It's a nice luxury, but not really necessary for a great productive daw, despite the scare tactics.

farrarbc
    Max Output Level: -78 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 646
    RE: AM BUYING NEW COMPUTER AND NEED HELP CHOOSING PARTS TO MAKE IDEAL COMPUTER FOR USING V 2009/03/27 21:41:06 (permalink)
    Actually, I think it has a lot more to do with what your experience and comfort level is with assembling and configuring your own is. For some of us it's a no brainer, some of us have difficulty configuring a pre-built for use as a DAW. Scare tactics is not this issue. If there are basic questions being asked and if someone is asking for a complete bill of materials for a build, my suspicion is that they aren't going to have the wherewithal to complete a successful build.

--BF
    Sonar X1 Producer Expanded
    Presonus StudioLive 16.4.2
    MoonLight Handgrenade DAW
    Win7 64bit
    Intel i7-980
    Gigabyte G1 Guerilla
    24GB Corsair DDR3 RAM
    (4) 320 GB Seagates
    CoteRotie
    • Total Posts : 1112
    RE: AM BUYING NEW COMPUTER AND NEED HELP CHOOSING PARTS TO MAKE IDEAL COMPUTER FOR USING V 2009/03/28 18:38:09 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: sandman5000

You make it sound like they are the only ones that now this stuff (which I'm $ure they appreciate). This very forum has parts lists that are known to work well. Not to mention most music related forums. I think discouraging others to (what seems to me) kiss the local daw builders butt, does a disservice to the community. People should learn as much about their tools as possible. And it's not like it's that hard anyway.

To me it's like somebody saying, "don't bother learning how to string a guitar. Take it to a pro who will do it right".

I think the age demographic is a good point as to why the timidness and not wanting to do it yourself.

The money difference between doing it yourself and paying for it is considerable. It's a nice luxury, but not really necessary for a great productive daw, despite the scare tactics.

I was just suggesting that it can be a good idea to talk to these guys first before building yourself, or even search for their posts in which they give out free advice. There are plenty of people who know which motherboards work well for older chipsets, but I have no idea which one I would buy for an I7. I'd bet these guys have tested them already and could tell you which ones would work. I've built lots of my own systems and did get burned once buy buying a motherboard that was bad for audio. So if you want to do it yourself, I'm all for it, I'm just saying the DAW builders are a good resource if you can't find out what you need to know in other ways.

Regards,

John

Wait, wait, what key is it in? 

GA-X58A-UD3 motherboard
    Intel i7 950 CPU w/12 G RAM
    ATI Radeon 4350 graphics
    3 cats 1 crazydog
    Lynx AES16/Aurora 8
    SCA N72 J99 & A12 pres. Adam A7 Monitors
    Win 10  
    SONAR Platinum 64 bit 
    eric_peterson
    • Total Posts : 1103
    RE: AM BUYING NEW COMPUTER AND NEED HELP CHOOSING PARTS TO MAKE IDEAL COMPUTER FOR USING V 2009/03/29 03:29:25 (permalink)
    think the age demographic is a good point as to why the timidness and not wanting to do it yourself.

If you are 45 years old (over the hill?), fearless, and totally capable of building your own DAW, you still might choose to have someone build one if you are pulling down $60-$125/hr at the day job but have hardly any time left to pursue your music passion. You basically just want your DAW to work for the few hours you have available to you. But, if you aren't pulling down enough at the day gig then it may make sense to build your own. It's all trade-offs based on where you are at in life - time is money ...

Masterherm
    • Total Posts : 5
    RE: AM BUYING NEW COMPUTER AND NEED HELP CHOOSING PARTS TO MAKE IDEAL COMPUTER FOR USING V 2009/04/19 14:06:42 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: ANIMAL010101

Hey guys

I want to buy a new computer for running sonar 7 producer edition.

I am going to be using virtual instruments such as Omnisphere and addictive drums.

I want to buy a computer that can easily run lots and lots of midi and audio tracks - the most powerful computer I can buy for running all of this.

I would like to know what processor is the best for running Sonar 7 and using multiple midi and audio tracks with no failures or drop outs and will produce the best sounding result.

I would really appreciate it any of you could tell me exactly what processor to buy (quad core, duo ect), Operating system sound card.

Please help! I really want to get recording with all this software!

Thanks

Just ran into your post and to let you know,I just put a system together no big deal and real cheap.I had an old type case I ordered a NFORCE3-A WITH A AMD ATHLON 64/3800 2G of mem, nvidia video card.E-mu 0404 and layla24 clocked together. I decided to run it on a windows 2000 with service pack 4.All I can say is,This computer Rocks really Solid.I am Also running Sonar 7 producer,samplittude 9 Logic for windows and reason for sequencing.All is well with no hitches or skippings..Total cost for the Mother board and processor on E-bay 50.00 usd.I also installed 4 sata hard drives with a raid card for two additional drives.The point is,All this software and pluggins will work ,no matter what as long as memory,drives and processor are fast and can peacefully co-exist with one another.
    Cookie Jarvis
    Max Output Level: -85 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 289
    RE: AM BUYING NEW COMPUTER AND NEED HELP CHOOSING PARTS TO MAKE IDEAL COMPUTER FOR USING V 2009/04/19 17:22:30 (permalink)
    I put together my DAW and would never buy a prebuild again!

Bill

If I had a hammer....I'd be dangerous ;)

http://www.reverbnation.com/daylight
    we1
    • Total Posts : 26
    RE: AM BUYING NEW COMPUTER AND NEED HELP CHOOSING PARTS TO MAKE IDEAL COMPUTER FOR USING V 2009/04/19 18:47:51 (permalink)
    P6T WS professional mother board from Asus
    Intel quad extreme 3.2 gig chip
    min 6 gig sd3 high performance ram
    external sound card/io
    min. 1,000 watt power supply
    rack mount server case instead of tower. use large fans... much quieter than small ones cause you can move more air with half the rpms... a fan controller is nice to have... although you can set the speed inside your bias.
    middle of the road graphics... you don't want it stealing all your power which you need for your usb's... like controlers and i/o's
    two screens are nice... they are cheep like hookers now a days.
    two SATA 1TB drives. one for your software... one to store data...
    two optical drives... get the best their cheap two...
    don't cloud up your system with crap like card readers and such... it's best to dedicate the machine to the task at hand. you should be able to do this for under $2,000.00.... or i'll build you one for $2500 with out the i/0(sound card)

stay away from store baught's... your getting last years technology at todays prices and service can take weeks. building your own system is ridiculously easy now a days and you get so much more for your money.
    Jim Roseberry
    • Total Posts : 9871
    RE: AM BUYING NEW COMPUTER AND NEED HELP CHOOSING PARTS TO MAKE IDEAL COMPUTER FOR USING V 2009/04/19 19:44:26 (permalink)
    Websites like studiocat don't even show top of the line gear.

Sites like studiocat don't even show "top of the line" SSD drives because most of them are a complete waste of money.
    Small... and slow write speed

Best Regards,

Jim Roseberry
    jim@studiocat.com
    www.studiocat.com
    Jim Roseberry
    RE: AM BUYING NEW COMPUTER AND NEED HELP CHOOSING PARTS TO MAKE IDEAL COMPUTER FOR USING V 2009/04/19 20:16:05 (permalink)

Which X58 chipset motherboard exhibits high DPC latency with no fix currently available?
    For UAD1 users, name X58 chipset motherboard/s that work fine... and those that don't?
    If you really know your stuff... and have nothing but altruistic purpose... then share your answers with the group.

What do you do for a living? Do you think you provide value to your clients/employer? I hope you do...
    Being a DAW builder is no different than any other profession.
    I go to an auto-mechanic when I need my car fixed.
    I go to the doctor when I have a sinus infection.
    If you don't see value in said profession, that doesn't mean other folks have the same view/opinion.
    If you work in general IT, then your services would be of little value to me, but that doesn't mean your job/profession is a waste of time/money for everyone.

Best Regards,

Jim Roseberry
    jim@studiocat.com
    www.studiocat.com
    rstollen
    Max Output Level: -59.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1561
    RE: AM BUYING NEW COMPUTER AND NEED HELP CHOOSING PARTS TO MAKE IDEAL COMPUTER FOR USING V 2009/04/20 02:11:03 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: Jim Roseberry

Which X58 chipset motherboard exhibits high DPC latency with no fix currently available?
    For UAD1 users, name X58 chipset motherboard/s that work fine... and those that don't?
    If you really know your stuff... and have nothing but altruistic purpose... then share your answers with the group.

What do you do for a living? Do you think you provide value to your clients/employer? I hope you do...
    Being a DAW builder is no different than any other profession.
    I go to an auto-mechanic when I need my car fixed.
    I go to the doctor when I have a sinus infection.
    If you don't see value in said profession, that doesn't mean other folks have the same view/opinion.
    If you work in general IT, then your services would be of little value to me, but that doesn't mean your job/profession is a waste of time/money for everyone.

Hey Jim - I don't know sandman5000, but I did not read his post as a personal attack on you or your profession. I think that people just want to ask which motherboards (and other parts) are working well for others.

I acknowledge that you are an expert, but some of us just want to do it ourselves.
    post edited by rstollen - 2009/04/20 02:20:07

8.5.1 PE, i7 920, GA-EX58-UD4P, 6gb Corsair DDR3, 2 x Barracuda 500gb, HIS Radeon GS-4670 Fanless 1gb DDR3, XP Pro SP3, dual 24" monitors, Axiom 61, Korg Triton Pro, Focusrite Saffire Pro 40, VG-99, Yamaha MSP5, Fostex PM0.5
    sandman5000
    RE: AM BUYING NEW COMPUTER AND NEED HELP CHOOSING PARTS TO MAKE IDEAL COMPUTER FOR USING V 2009/04/20 11:02:14 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: rstollen

Hey Jim - I don't know sandman5000, but I did not read his post as a personal attack on you or your profession. I think that people just want to ask which motherboards (and other parts) are working well for others.

I acknowledge that you are an expert, but some of us just want to do it ourselves.

exactly! What does bug me is every time someone asks about building a computer, you get the daw salesmen pitching their wares and all the other people that think it's ok to spend an extra $700 or more to have someone build it for you (which, really a child could do). It's especially annoying when someone clearly states they'd like to build it themselves.

The daw salesmen that hang out here are helpful, but in general ways and to people that don't know much about how easy computer building really is. And bottom line is they are trying to make a buck off of someone's lack of knowledge. I think that's fine, to a degree. But, they pretend they are saving the universe.

If people want to build it themselves, help them if possible.

If I had tons of extra money, I still wouldn't get a pre built daw. I'd get a mac.
    But since I don't have tons of money, I build my own computers very easily and very cheaply.
    Jim Roseberry
    RE: AM BUYING NEW COMPUTER AND NEED HELP CHOOSING PARTS TO MAKE IDEAL COMPUTER FOR USING V 2009/04/20 11:03:37 (permalink)

My response was in no way meant for/directed at the OP.
    I understand someone wanting to build their own DAW.

Best Regards,

Jim Roseberry
    jim@studiocat.com
    www.studiocat.com
    sandman5000
    RE: AM BUYING NEW COMPUTER AND NEED HELP CHOOSING PARTS TO MAKE IDEAL COMPUTER FOR USING V 2009/04/20 11:16:25 (permalink)

humm. wow. well you really stumped me there. You must be the only person that has those answers. But wait a minute, how about if I ask uad or their forums which mobo to use for my next build? Or how about if I ask in this, or other music forums, which mobo to use that has low dpc latency? I bet I get a lot of useful and practical answers. For free.
    Not that knowledge isn't worth anything, but this a USER community forum. Not a platform for salesmen to sell computers. A forum for cakewalk users to exchange their knowledge FREELY with each other.
    Jim Roseberry
    RE: AM BUYING NEW COMPUTER AND NEED HELP CHOOSING PARTS TO MAKE IDEAL COMPUTER FOR USING V 2009/04/20 11:19:36 (permalink)
    The daw salesmen that hang out here are helpful, but in general ways and to people that don't know much about how easy computer building really is. And bottom line is they are trying to make a buck off of someone's lack of knowledge. I think that's fine, to a degree. But, they pretend they are saving the universe.

And this line of BS is exactly what prompted my response...
    Have you answered any specific question for the OP? No...
    Have you offered any real help to the OP? No...
    If you really know your stuff, answer my questions... and help the OP.

Notice that I hadn't responded to this thread until someone started talking crap.
    So don't even start the big bad DAW salesman routine. It's plain BS.
    You have no idea about my background/etc. I'm here giving advice on many things (including mixing/etc - which has nothing directly to do with DAWs).
    You "Sandman" don't even post using your real name. Nice/convenient way to skirt talking any personal responsibility for your actions/behavior.

Best Regards,

Jim Roseberry
    jim@studiocat.com
    www.studiocat.com
    sandman5000
    RE: AM BUYING NEW COMPUTER AND NEED HELP CHOOSING PARTS TO MAKE IDEAL COMPUTER FOR USING V 2009/04/20 11:29:32 (permalink)

And this line of BS is exactly what prompted my response...
    Have you answered any specific question for the OP? No...
    Have you offered any real help to the OP? No...
    If you really know your stuff, answer my questions... and help the OP.

Notice that I hadn't responded to this thread until someone started talking crap.
    So don't even start the big bad DAW salesman routine. It's plain BS.
    You have no idea about my background/etc. I'm here giving advice on many things (including mixing/etc - which has nothing directly to do with DAWs).
    You "Sandman" don't even post using your real name. Nice/convenient way to skirt talking any personal responsibility for your actions/behavior.

despite you constantly wanting to make this personal, it's not. I'm sure you are a fine fellow and I have nothing against you personally. But, since this isn't the DAW Salesmen Forum, I'm entitled to offer my own opinion/advice. Sorry if it hurts your pride/profits. But I am more concerned for my fellow user than salesmen.

As far as the op getting answers, he is getting them. We are in fact derailing his thread. Sorry OP!
    Jim Roseberry
    RE: AM BUYING NEW COMPUTER AND NEED HELP CHOOSING PARTS TO MAKE IDEAL COMPUTER FOR USING V 2009/04/20 11:33:51 (permalink)
    humm. wow. well you really stumped me there. You must be the only person that has those answers. But wait a minute, how about if I ask uad or their forums which mobo to use for my next build? Or how about if I ask in this, or other music forums, which mobo to use that has low dpc latency? I bet I get a lot of useful and practical answers. For free.
    Not that knowledge isn't worth anything, but this a USER community forum. Not a platform for salesmen to sell computers. A forum for cakewalk users to exchange their knowledge FREELY with each other.

As I thought, you don't know anything...
    Just taking the opportunity to spew BS

I'd be willing to bet that over the many years I've been a Cakewalk user (since the CompuServe forum days), that I've freely shared a *lot* more helpful information than you.
    Never once have I posted any type of advert in this forum. If I had, it wouldn't be you "Sandman" that would correct the situation, it would be Cakewalk themselves.
    If you don't like me or my posts, use the block feature... or don't read my posts.
    But if you start talking crap, I'm going to say something.

@OP, My apologies for your thread degenerating to this. Shoot me a private Email and I'll help you.

Best Regards,

Jim Roseberry
    jim@studiocat.com
    www.studiocat.com
    sandman5000
    RE: AM BUYING NEW COMPUTER AND NEED HELP CHOOSING PARTS TO MAKE IDEAL COMPUTER FOR USING V 2009/04/20 11:41:57 (permalink)

As I thought, you don't know anything...
    Just taking the opportunity to spew BS

I'd be willing to bet that over the many years I've been a Cakewalk user (since the CompuServe forum days), that I've freely shared a *lot* more helpful information than you.
    Never once have I posted any type of advert in this forum. If I had, it wouldn't be you "Sandman" that would correct the situation, it would be Cakewalk themselves.
    If you don't like me or my posts, use the block feature... or don't read my posts.
    But if you start talking crap, I'm going to say something.

@OP, My apologies for your thread degenerating to this. Shoot me a private Email and I'll help you.

Dude, you have some type of malfunction wanting to make this personal. And my opinion is bs? ok. whatever dude. Steering him to UAD themselves is the best place to start looking for a good working mobo (if you use UAD). Asking in music forums and doing a bit of research is good advice to the OP. And he is doing that already.

My opinion is that you offer a way overpriced service. Some people don't agree with that and think spending a lot more $ is well worth it. We are all just offering our two cents. Get over yourself.
    Page: 123 > Showing page 1 of 3
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1