Helpful ReplyLockedAny good Redneck jokes?

Page: < 1234 > Showing page 2 of 4
Author
JohnKenn
Max Output Level: -58.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1659
Re: Any good Redneck jokes? 2018/05/19 00:38:57 (permalink)
Okay Dude,
Will cease and desist at your request. Love you.
John
Beepster
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 18001
Re: Any good Redneck jokes? 2018/05/19 00:42:48 (permalink)
Okay. Thank you.

Didn't mean to be persnickety but yanno... it's the CH. There's a reason we avoid getting too deep politically. There's a whooole lot of diversity here but the music (and silliness) brings us together.

Is nice.

Cheers.
JohnKenn
Re: Any good Redneck jokes? 2018/05/19 01:09:17 (permalink)
Beep,
Wisdom you bring is there are more elements that bring us together than those that separate us.
Thank you
John
Beepster
Re: Any good Redneck jokes? 2018/05/19 01:24:47 (permalink)
JohnKenn
Beep,
Wisdom you bring is there are more elements that bring us together than those that separate us.
Thank you
John

Absolutely.

*fist bump*
Hugh Mann
Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 59
Re: Any good Redneck jokes? 2018/05/19 02:04:29 (permalink)
JohnKenn
Hey Hugh,

Fully agree with you in principle. And you are right. My point is that the pendulum has swung too far in the over reactive direction and is causing systemic harm to all of us. We become too paranoid to move or breathe in our jobs, lest we offend some cultural or sexual identification group. Too much time and energy into trying to be politically correct and protect our asses from being fired, while the focus on service should be the person showing up at the door asking for help and our 100 percent focus on their need.

I appreciate your gentlemanly approach.  It gives me hope. 

I see it as the tables turning and its about time.  The office episode "gay witch hunt"  sums it up well for me.  Michael is worried that he cant say his crass homophobic jokes because its revealed Oscar is gay.  Dwight tells him that he could just act like everyone is gay and not say anything offensive to anyone.   Michael thinks he is losing something.  Truth he is only losing stupid and offensive jokes.  And gaining humanity. 

KenB123
Max Output Level: -66 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1229
Re: Any good Redneck jokes? 2018/05/19 14:58:03 (permalink)
Personally I thought John's entire discourse was the most interesting thing I have read here in a long, long time. I have to go on faith that what he speaks of is factual and honest. As a retired employee myself of many years of corporate service in the midwest U.S., sensitivity training was provided in recent years. I agree with the level that was given to us. Where an issue can arise though is the degree it is taken. I was not aware of such special accommodations and wall paint colors at some colleges, or the extent of how employee's behavior must meet the  levels John described (e.g., eye contact). Personally the degree of bureaucracy described is very alarming, and also very informative as to what I know and have experienced. 

Apparently this topic is an uncomfortable subject to some. Does it violate the TOS? Political correctness is neither a religion or political party (although that can be stretched). At least the topic was kept polite. But I don't feel someone else has the right to request topic termination because they might not like the topic or disagree with John's viewpoint (if you don't like it, then don't read it). At least there was a topic presented, not like most of the forum dribble.  I guess the moderator can determine whether the topic is a violation or not.

Unfortunately no 'rednecks' (or redneck supporters) have stood up to express any sensitivity regarding the rather degrading redneck jokes. 

Broken pencils are pointless.

WIN-7 64-bit; Sonar X2A 64-bit; 12GB RAM; ASUS P6T Deluxe V2 MB; Intel Core i7-960; 300GB-OS (10000-RPM); 1TB-Projects (7200-RPM); 1TB-Samples (7200-RPM) 

bdickens
Max Output Level: -74 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 847
Re: Any good Redneck jokes? 2018/05/19 15:25:44 (permalink)
Maybe it's because "rednecks" are the last identity group to still have a sense of humor.

The OP is illustrating exactly how far and now destructive this PC nonsense has become.

Contrary to what the usual suspects would have us believe, no one is advocating a return to any kind of blatantly racist and sexist past. But there's a whole bunch of people running around these days looking for an excuse to be offended. And they are sure to find it. Because that's what they are looking for, instead of looking for ways to find common ground and get along.

Thankfully we have progressed to a point where normal men realize that women don't generally appreciate being hit on while they are trying to work. But Good God, tapping you on the shoulder to get your attention is NOT the same thing as grabbing your behind! And smiling at you does not constitute sexual assault!

It is certainly a good thing that we are now educated as to the importance of trying to avoid giving offense to others and of course one should take all such reasonable measures. But it is counterproductive to have to walk on eggshells all the time for fear that someone, somewhere, just might possibly be offended. Because guess what: someone will.

People who are easily offended find themselves offended often.
post edited by bdickens - 2018/05/19 16:15:50

Byron Dickens
bayoubill
  • Total Posts : 10899
Re: Any good Redneck jokes? 2018/05/19 15:36:46 (permalink)
("There's 2 problems for fixing or understanding truth. One is not going all the way to find it and the other not starting at all"  -  bayoubill  )

SWAMP MUSIC
Sonar PLATINUM        
Studio Cat DAW

emeraldsoul
Max Output Level: -56.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1858
Re: Any good Redneck jokes? 2018/05/19 15:39:01 (permalink)
What would a "post-identity world"  be like, I wonder? Where is Ray Bradbury when we need him to write the novel?

A work in regress:
www.studiusinterruptus.com

Cornbread - video   audio
A Very, Very Troubled Soul - video   
Kilometers Davis - video   audio
Mayans (Face in the Crowd) - video  audio
The Sweet Slow Fade - video
paulo
Max Output Level: -13 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 6218
Re: Any good Redneck jokes? 2018/05/19 17:20:33 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby bayoubill 2018/05/19 17:26:29
How can you tell that a redneck invented the toothbrush?

Anyone else would have called it a teethbrush.
Jyotishvarii
  • Total Posts : 87
Re: Any good Redneck jokes? 2018/05/19 21:09:40 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby Voda La Void 2018/05/20 19:14:30
This is a good topic We have indeed gone too far off the deep end in our paranoia  Instead of coming together as a human family we are building more barriers that could eventually take us all down
The entire intent is to protect the rest of the world from the white male heterosexual who by all accounts is not far from being a minority himself and already is a minority in many localities

One thing has not been mentioned so far as an unintended result of our fear to offend and the psychiatric bubble we are creating around ourselves in the name of political correctness

I am fully protected from the white straight adult male both as a female and a minority but there is a payback we people of color did not want in the bargain

Some may have seen a documentary surrounding a black female physician in the south and what she had to put up with

The girl was smart funny very dedicated to healing She had put herself through medical school by odd jobs and sacrifice graduating near the top of her class

In practice no one would take her seriously It was assumed that she was an ignorant affirmative action poster child pushed through the system to fill a quota with no skills to treat a disease

Her patients were quite blunt often telling her they wanted to see a “real” doctor There was no way to shake the stereotype

When I see rallies demanding money by a group for what happened 400 years ago I grieve  When a football team can’t call themselves a time honored certain name or a mascot has to be removed I grieve  Because we minorities have every protection spring loaded to take down the redneck at the first perceived threat of a name we don’t like It is not any wonder we are too often not taken seriously except by lawyers and mental therapists to help us get over the trauma of a conversation we overheard in an elevator

As to the main topic you might be a redneck if

You take out your toothpick only for wedding pictures

If you’ve ever given rat traps as Christmas presents

You have lard on your bedside table

You take your garbage to the dump and come back with more than you brought there

Beepster
Re: Any good Redneck jokes? 2018/05/19 22:07:48 (permalink)
Okay, guys... I don't like the fact that whenever this crap comes up I look like a freaking hall monitor but please note I am an extremely political person (from the armchair league mostly though) in general and in particular when it comes to the myriad of subjects that the broadbrush term "politcal correctness" supposedly fall under. I read and (less and less) participate in news/political forums regularly (I always have multiple tabs open next to this one). 

I've been contemplating writing a long arsed screed to correct the record on exactly what the so called "PC movement" is, means, represents, why it exists, what it's individual successes and failures may and/or have not been, etc...

But that would dig deeeeeeeep down into definite sociological and political issues that are uncomfortable for many and most certainly against the TOS but MORE importantly would violate my own personal code of not jamming my beliefs down others throats (do unto others and all that) particularly amongst people I highly revere and who's company I enjoy.

So I (and I'm sure many others like me) are stuck being not able to rebut, refute or generally explain the flipside of some of the issues brought up in these types of threads for fear of either breaking the TOS or insulting the views/opinions of other members.

IRL or on other forums I can talk your ear of about this stuff but out of sheer respect for this place and the people that occupy it I make every attempt to keep my trap shut.

I do not expect others to do the same nor do I report people (unless they are spammers or full on inciting violence). I am just putting it out there that I, personally, Beepster McBeepenstein Esq, do not enjoy political flamewars in my Coffee nor my House.

You may refer to it as my "Safe Space" if you like but I prefer to call it the "Dood Cave"...

wait... that sounds a little weird.

How about the "Dood Cavern".

Yeah, that's better.

tl;dr

Flamebait, no matter how unintentional, is still flamebait.

I am a wet blanket... which is useful when dealing with unwanted exposed flames.

Peace, ya'll.
Jyotishvarii
  • Total Posts : 87
Re: Any good Redneck jokes? 2018/05/19 23:12:26 (permalink)
Beepster sorry if I got you upset and the topic is probably too deep for a place needing to be more light hearted

As far as your thought
"So I (and I'm sure many others like me) are stuck being not able to rebut, refute or generally explain the flipside of some of the issues brought up in these types of threads for fear of either breaking the TOS or insulting the views/opinions of other members."
My thought

You opinion matters and I for one would want to take into consideration your thoughts on the flipside of the issue  A grown up dialog can happen without offending and perhaps we can learn from each other by trying to understand how others feel no matter what side of the gender or ethnic fence we have been created and subsequently what we are fated to deal with

I will take my curtsy and bow out of this discussion for the peace of mind of all involved  Any of you boys got any more good redneck jokes?
Beepster
Re: Any good Redneck jokes? 2018/05/19 23:35:23 (permalink)
*sigh*

I am not upset. This is all extremely lightweight stuff.

I just don't want to see this place devolve into a Youtube comments section.

The "PC" topic is a far too nuanced and contentious one for this site's format.

To mangle an old proverb (and hopefullyy PG-13 it up enough)...

Opinions are like arses. I don't want to smell yours and you don't want to smell mine... BUT (lolpun) if we decided to I can think of far more appropriate places than this for which the incessant farting and sniffing may occur.

;-)
emeraldsoul
Re: Any good Redneck jokes? 2018/05/20 15:27:14 (permalink)
Can we still talk about PC v. Mac , though? That's forum gold forever.

You know you're  a redneck if your doorstop runs windows 95.

A work in regress:

Voda La Void
Max Output Level: -76 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 723
Re: Any good Redneck jokes? 2018/05/20 19:30:12 (permalink)
KenB123

Unfortunately no 'rednecks' (or redneck supporters) have stood up to express any sensitivity regarding the rather degrading redneck jokes. 

I did.  Well, I said I'm a redneck and I think redneck jokes are funny.  Because jokes are funny.  Because people and their cultures are funny.  Hate is not.  And we all know when something's a joke, and when it's hate.  And if it's close, well I'll err on the side of assuming it's a joke.  

The thing I've noticed is that rednecks have received the core of the progressive message.  I don't see the "hate" for homosexuality and race as has been the stereotype.  In the 80's it wouldn't have been unusual to hear casual racial prejudice and gay bashing.  Today, nothing.  The closest I hear is guys teasing their women to "go make me a sammich" or "isn't there some laundry you need to be doin'?"  

My experience has been rednecks don't take themselves or life too seriously.  You'll always be able to tell redneck jokes.  Fundamentally, PCness in comedy is about excusing yourself from ridicule because you're too special to be humbled like the rest of us.  I would never want to elevate myself above others like that.   

Voda La Void...experiments in disturbing frequencies...
JohnKenn
Re: Any good Redneck jokes? 2018/05/21 01:02:26 (permalink)
Damn, Voda,

You nailed it to the core of the issue. Thank you for your comments and insight.

Rednecks like me don't take any of it too seriously and are thus not offended. Why waste the mystery of life. Call me a honky or a cracker and it will not result in pain and suffering lawsuits, years of therapy to undo the damage.

Have always felt that as individuals, if we feel good about ourselves, our ability, our personal integrity, faith in our divine center, then the less we have to invest in trauma if someone calls us a name or turns an eyebrow at us wrong. Not to say that the kids currently in the workforce out there are not having to deal with this crap.

Over there in the bush, there was a saying that the elephant walks through the plains ignoring the lions barking at his feet.

John
DrLumen
Max Output Level: -78 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 621
Re: Any good Redneck jokes? 2018/05/22 04:08:44 (permalink)
IMO, the guy should file a slander suit against the woman that called him klanesque (or whatever her term). He could also file suit against the school and his employer for having a hostile work environment. What comes around goes around!

SMH. She was trying to get him fired, causing him monetary damages) without ANY proof of racism but judged solely on the basis of his sex and skin color. Oops, doesn't that sound racist? Freakin' hypocrites!

Also, while I'm here, the college or institution should treat all people and groups the same. All get bathrooms for 2 sexes (let the kids work out how they want to use them), all get the same gray walls and all get the the same vertical blinds on the windows. End of story. When one 'group' get treated specially, that is the antithesis of equality. Considering the amount of apparent snowflakes, caving to special requests will only snowball.

-When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.

Sonar Platinum / Intel i7-4790K / AsRock Z97 / 32GB RAM / Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB / Behringer FCA610 / M-Audio Sport 2x4 / Win7 x64 Pro / WDC Black HDD's / EVO 850 SSD's / Alesis Q88 / Boss DS-330 / Korg nanoKontrol / Novation Launch Control / 14.5" Lava Lamp
Voda La Void
Re: Any good Redneck jokes? 2018/05/22 12:59:48 (permalink)
DrLumen
Also, while I'm here, the college or institution should treat all people and groups the same. All get bathrooms for 2 sexes (let the kids work out how they want to use them), all get the same gray walls and all get the the same vertical blinds on the windows. End of story. When one 'group' get treated specially, that is the antithesis of equality. Considering the amount of apparent snowflakes, caving to special requests will only snowball.

Why should there be different bathrooms for the sexes at all?  It's fascinatingly unnecessary, to me.  Problems solved.  Stalls with locks, or single bathrooms, whatever, no one can see your privates.  Urinals are unnecessary and undesirable when you don't have to double up facilities for the genders.

I've never once seen a man in any intimate way in a public bathroom in my entire life of 47 years - even at urinals.  Not once.  What exactly are we doing here?  We share rooms with each other all the live long day.  

Starise
Max Output Level: -0.3 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 7563
Re: Any good Redneck jokes? 2018/05/22 13:04:00 (permalink)
OK I'm still waiting on a good redneck joke 

Intel 5820K O.C. 4.4ghz, ASRock Extreme 4 LGA 2011-v3, 16 gig DDR4, ,
3 x Samsung SATA III 500gb SSD, 2X 1 Samsung 1tb 7200rpm outboard, Win 10 64bit, 
Laptop HP Omen i7 16gb 2/sdd with Focusrite interface.
 CbB, Studio One 4 Pro, Mixcraft 8, Ableton Live 10 

www.soundcloud.com/starise

Twitter @Rodein

Voda La Void
Re: Any good Redneck jokes? 2018/05/22 15:21:01 (permalink)
Ok..you might be a redneck if...you think loading the dishwasher means gittin' yer wife drunk.  

How Does A Redneck Get A Girlfriend?  By responding to a message on the wall of a mens room at a truck stop! (Ok I just googled for that one, but I don't care who ya are, that's funny).  

DrLumen
Max Output Level: -78 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 621
Re: Any good Redneck jokes? 2018/05/22 16:12:54 (permalink)
While not really a joke, I can't help but chuckle at some TV ads for a dating site called farmersonly.com. In my head, I always hear the tagline of "Hooking up rednecks and cousins since 2015!"

-When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.

Sonar Platinum / Intel i7-4790K / AsRock Z97 / 32GB RAM / Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB / Behringer FCA610 / M-Audio Sport 2x4 / Win7 x64 Pro / WDC Black HDD's / EVO 850 SSD's / Alesis Q88 / Boss DS-330 / Korg nanoKontrol / Novation Launch Control / 14.5" Lava Lamp
JohnKenn
Re: Any good Redneck jokes? 2018/05/23 23:03:04 (permalink)
Doc Lumen,

"Also, while I'm here, the college or institution should treat all people and groups the same. All get bathrooms for 2 sexes (let the kids work out how they want to use them), all get the same gray walls and all get the the same vertical blinds on the windows. End of story. When one 'group' get treated specially, that is the antithesis of equality. Considering the amount of apparent snowflakes, caving to special requests will only snowball."

This would solve the problem, and is the only ultimate answer. Simple, straight. If we could just get the paranoid administrations to buy into the concept. Totally agree with you on this.

post edited by JohnKenn - 2018/05/24 00:10:32
JohnKenn
Re: Any good Redneck jokes? 2018/05/23 23:04:14 (permalink)
Oh s**t.
That was not a redneck joke... Now I really gone and done it...

emeraldsoul
Re: Any good Redneck jokes? 2018/05/23 23:53:29 (permalink)
As one can post, so can one delete one's own post.

A work in regress:

Beepster
Re: Any good Redneck jokes? 2018/05/23 23:56:55 (permalink)
No... it certainly was not.

WTF?!

Dood, I thought you were cool.
Beepster
Re: Any good Redneck jokes? 2018/05/23 23:58:54 (permalink)
That was in response to JKenn.

This is what I was talking about earlier.

Ugh.

Beepster
Re: Any good Redneck jokes? 2018/05/24 00:25:35 (permalink)
And just in case anyone didn't notice JK just dropped a traditional N-*BONG* joke.

He seems to be attempting a variation on the Tim Allen gambit.

"If THEY can say it why can't I?"

Quite disgusting IMO.
JohnKenn
Re: Any good Redneck jokes? 2018/05/24 00:30:26 (permalink)
Deleted the joke, and per Beep, I was never cool by any standard you measure by. Sorry to have fallen off a pedestal. Just a redneck.

Problem as I see the landscape when trying to step back and look at ethnic jokes and their origin. What causes them and why are they there.

If you look at God's beautiful respected "minorities" from any race or creed. The jokes against the white male are way fewer in current western culture. Jokes like, what does a white man have that's 12 inches long... Nothing.  Jokes against white women about flat butts. Not a bunch else and nothing that is creative or funny. Lack of a reactive audience.

The jokes are there because there is a group that will be offended, thus firing up the continuation of harassment. As long as someone is mortally wounded by a few words, the jokes will continue to evolve to stab the knife deeper.

We got to as a society get beyond all of this. Accept every beautiful human being for his/her worth. Treat every one on the playing field as equals, like Doc Luman said.

John

Beepster
Re: Any good Redneck jokes? 2018/05/24 00:39:18 (permalink)
No. You've lost me, bud.

For true anti-racist "rednecks" maybe check out Redneck Revolt.

Racism of any stripe is bullsh*t. We, as the common people, are all in this together against powers that seek to divide us for their own gain.

Stop it.
Page: < 1234 > Showing page 2 of 4
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1