Helpful ReplyLockedAny good Redneck jokes?

Page: 1234 > Showing page 1 of 4
Author
JohnKenn
Max Output Level: -58.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1659
2018/05/13 23:28:38 (permalink)

Any good Redneck jokes?

My daughter and son in law came this weekend to celebrate Mother’s Day. Had a great time.

Son in law is upper level management with hospital maintenance for several facilities across the state. Over the last week he was dragged in to testify in multiple HR cases with complaints about discrimination and gender insensitivity by some of the slobbering peons. The offending jerks are on probation should they backslide in which case they are fired on the spot.

We cried on each others’ shoulders about what America has come to. You can’t do nothing without offending someone or something. We have lost our sense of humor, but not entirely.

There are still two racial profiles left that you can bash and joke about with no legal, ethical, moral consequences in this life or the hereafter.

These are the white American male, and the redneck. The two genres often intersect, so there is even more safely from retribution if you crack an off color joke.

In addition, there is one American holiday you can bash with immunity and protest against if it raises its ugly presence. That’s Christmas. Used to be you could call it Xmas but seems like this is too abrasive now days. They still let you say Happy Holidays in the civilized workforce unless that is now offensive.

The working white male doesn’t give a damn about the slurs and the redneck is too dense to know he/she has been insulted, so safe grounds for a laugh.

Unfortunately for me, we analyzed my place in life and I had to face reality.

Raised in West Virginia, even worse, rural West Virginia. Now living in the backwoods of coastal Oregon burning waxed containers in the backyard that can no longer be recycled. Got a compost pile over the cliff. White Caucasian male. Car is a rust bucket with the broken muffler tied up with coat hangers. Front yard a beautiful off beat sight, but composed of carefully transplanted swamp weeds. Tomorrows project is to mow down the ocean side weeds with a chain saw.

As much as I tried to deny it, the stripes on a skunk show. My son in law dragged me in front of a mirror and made me face the truth as painful as it was.

I AM A REDNECK.

(and borderline proud of it off the record…)

We spent the next couple hours busting our guts apart going thru online sites dedicated to redneck jokes. More laughter than I’ve had in the last 10 years.

Couple of my favorites…

You know you’re a redneck if…

You got a sister who is considered a math genius because she has six fingers on each hand.

If you have one or more relatives who have died after saying “Hey y’all. Look at me”

You mow your lawn and discover a truck.

You can tell the bride and groom vehicle that left the wedding ceremony because the truck has tobacco spit stains on the outside of both doors

Any y’all have favorites before verbal abuse of a redneck is also grounds for employment termination or a lawsuit? So far, me and my inbred kind are fair game, but may not last for long.

John

Beepster
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 18001
Re: Any good Redneck jokes? 2018/05/14 00:04:39 (permalink)
Race based humor is not taboo.

HATEFUL race based humor (that generally isn't funny to begin with) is the problem.

"Punching down" is generally considered poor comedy by the the masters. That said I have more or less purged "redneck" comedy from my personal repertoire because poor rural white folks are indeed getting screwed almost as much as anyone else. Now we just need to convince them to stop voting for leopards to eat their faces.
Voda La Void
Max Output Level: -76 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 723
Re: Any good Redneck jokes? 2018/05/14 13:15:25 (permalink)
Race based humor is absolutely taboo, unless it's a minority identity performing it.  Race based humor by a white person would have to be self deprecating and shameless white guilt virtue signaling to escape social punishment.  20 years ago that was not true.  It is today.  Every white comedian who gets close to that line is one viral video away from a twitter lynching.  

For first world countries, we live in the best, easiest, kindest time, ever.  It's never been less violent.  It's never been more accepting.  It's never been easier make it.  It's never been safer.  It's never been as good as it is today.  And tomorrow will be even better.  

6 out of 10 people on the planet still crap in a mud hole.  

Yes, by all means, make fun of rednecks.  Make fun of everyone.  We all deserve it.  None of us are "above" it.  We don't get to excuse ourselves because we get caught up in our first world problems and take ourselves so seriously.  

You know the difference between poking fun and being hateful.  Those who take their little lives too seriously will pretend there is no difference or judge all humor so strictly they allow no difference.  I say f*#k those people.  

I'm a redneck.  And I approve this message.  

Voda La Void...experiments in disturbing frequencies...
Starise
Max Output Level: -0.3 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 7563
Re: Any good Redneck jokes? 2018/05/14 13:59:06 (permalink)
Most humor pokes fun at a group or a subject. Someone thinks it's funny and usually someone else doesn't. This is the nature of humor. To use humor you "go out on a limb" so to speak. I try to be careful. Some people are just waiting to be offended.
I am from the south as well. I don't consider myself a redneck though. One reason I left the south is I didn't fit in ( You can make a joke about that and I won't ever be offended :) I think there is a difference between poking fun and insulting someone.
I have found there are yankee rednecks too.

Here goes- You know you're a redneck when.................................the amount you spent to fill up your gas tank exceeds the value of the car you filled. Was that funny?

Intel 5820K O.C. 4.4ghz, ASRock Extreme 4 LGA 2011-v3, 16 gig DDR4, ,
3 x Samsung SATA III 500gb SSD, 2X 1 Samsung 1tb 7200rpm outboard, Win 10 64bit, 
Laptop HP Omen i7 16gb 2/sdd with Focusrite interface.
 CbB, Studio One 4 Pro, Mixcraft 8, Ableton Live 10 

www.soundcloud.com/starise

Twitter @Rodein

bayoubill
  • Total Posts : 10899
Re: Any good Redneck jokes? 2018/05/14 15:46:08 (permalink)
This is what someone once said to me standing with his friends in a parking lot as I was leaving a store.
" Hey, What do ya call a redneck that suddenly busts into flames? ..firecracker!!"
post edited by bayoubill - 2018/05/14 16:11:14

SWAMP MUSIC
Sonar PLATINUM        
Studio Cat DAW

jamesg1213
  • Total Posts : 21760
Re: Any good Redneck jokes? 2018/05/14 16:07:55 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby Starise 2018/05/14 16:23:26
IBTL.

But - anything is fair game for humour. It can help us deal with some of mankind's worst excesses for example. It all depends (crucially, I might add) on the context.

Jyemz

Thrombold's Patented Brisk Weather Pantaloonettes with Inclementometer
jude77
Max Output Level: -68 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1146
Re: Any good Redneck jokes? 2018/05/14 16:25:39 (permalink)
I grew up in Mississippi and here's one we used to tell about the people from the nearby community of Abbeville:
"If a couple gets married in Abbeville, and then moves to Florida and gets divorced, are they still brother and sister?"

You haven't lived until you've taken the Rorschach.

Windows 10 Home Edition 64-bit /6th Generation Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700 Processor (8M Cache, up to 4.0 GHz)/16GB (1x16GB) DDR4 2133MHz SDRAM Memory/ NVIDIA(R) GeForce(R) GT 730 with 2GB DDR3 Graphics Memory/ Dell KB216 Wired Multi-Media Keyboard English Black/ 802.11ac + Bluetooth
4.0/Integrated 7.1 with WAVE MAXXAudio Pro/Wireless 3165 driver
bayoubill
  • Total Posts : 10899
Re: Any good Redneck jokes? 2018/05/14 17:26:22 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby jude77 2018/05/16 16:30:48
jude77
I grew up in Mississippi and here's one we used to tell about the people from the nearby community of Abbeville:
"If a couple gets married in Abbeville, and then moves to Florida and gets divorced, are they still brother and sister?"

Family is ALWAYS family! XX and I are still cousins even though we got divorced! 

SWAMP MUSIC
Sonar PLATINUM        
Studio Cat DAW

rbecker
  • Total Posts : 740
Re: Any good Redneck jokes? 2018/05/14 18:07:46 (permalink)
A few years back I did a bit of a study on the 19th century American Minstrel shows. Their form, format; what elements they contained. The blackface, the Interlocutor and end-men (Bones and Tambo). I bring this up because after a while it dawned on me that much of this form has been preserved by being transferred to modern "Red Neck" comedy presentations. Think of the old "Hee Haw" show on TV. Music mixed with skits mixed with standup and one-liners. The humor is almost always turned inward on the presenter. Like this old war horse, which still works:

"Yep, I got my inheritance and the feller at the bank said I should invest it in stock; so I went out and bought me six chickens and a one-eyed cow...etc.etc..." 

RJB -Vernon Corv 

"There are 10 types of people in the world...Those who understand binary and those who don't."

My Songs
---
Sonar Platinum
HD: ST2000DM 001-1ER164 7200RPM
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2600 CPU @3.40 Ghz
RAM:12.0 GB Memory:2 drives 1 Terabyte each
Windows 10
Video: NVIDA GeForce GTX 550 Ti
Audio: Focusrite Scarlett 2i4
paulo
Max Output Level: -13 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 6218
Re: Any good Redneck jokes? 2018/05/14 19:54:17 (permalink)
I tried but my post was deleted.

batsbrew
  • Total Posts : 10037
Re: Any good Redneck jokes? 2018/05/14 20:20:51 (permalink)
my favorite one, is also the most simple...

it's starts such:
"Hey Yall, watch this!"

Bats Brew music Streaming
Bats Brew albums:
"Trouble"
"Stay"
"The Time is Magic"
--
Sonar 6 PE>Bandlab Cakewalk>Studio One 3.5>RME BFP>i7-7700 3.6GHz>MSI B250M>G.Skill Ripjaws 4 series 16GB>Samsung 960 EVO m.2ssd>W 10 Pro

kennywtelejazz
Max Output Level: -3.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 7151
Re: Any good Redneck jokes? 2018/05/14 21:56:57 (permalink)
You know your a Redneck if your Idea of a Pink Cadillac looks like this  .

Kenny

Oh Yeah , Life is Good .
The internet is nothing more than a glorified real time cartoon we all star in.
I play a "Gibson " R 8 Les Paul Cherry Sunburst .
The Love of my Life is an American Bulldog Named Duke . I'm currently running Cakewalk By BandLab as my DAW .

https://soundcloud.com/guitarist-kenny-wilson

https://www.youtube.com/user/Kennywtelejazz/videos?view=0&sort=dd&shelf_id=1

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=427899

JohnKenn
Re: Any good Redneck jokes? 2018/05/15 00:21:13 (permalink)
Guys,

Had intended this to be lite fun at no one’s expense but took a somber tone for some, and kinda glad it did.

My family had a beautiful time. Drinking beer, watching the whales and waves. Redneck jokes with the family analyzing if I met the criteria… Yeah, that’s definitely Dad...He’s a redneck. So beautiful. I have failed the bar in the number of dogs owned, lack of a transmission and a washing machine in the front yard, but otherwise have fully filled the stereotype of a generic white male redneck. "Flyin’ my freak flag high” as rev Hendrix would have said.

The day however was a therapy session to blow off steam for my son in law. He’s in trouble with his job. Nothing hopefully to get fired for, but unresolved actions that will fill his profile with warnings and corrective action plans. Multiple grievous offenses are hanging like an axe over his head.

I’m out of the workforce and can be as damned politically incorrect as I want. It was getting bad during my last couple years in the healthcare field and even worse now by reports. I think that we are still maybe safe as individuals but on the collective social page, we are going to hell in a handbasket quicker than we can take a nose dive over political correctness. You think you are not invested in this sickness, but it affects your integrity and protection as a consumer, whether you are near death from a blood clot in an emergency room, or having to smile at a paranoid Walmart greeter. It is less about you than the corporation protecting itself against political incorrectness. Too forking many lawyers may be part of the problem.

My last political correct training went on a collective tirade about how we can get fired in a second if we offend. We had to do eye training which was at that point separated into the genders. Thank god we were primitive enough to only deal with two sexes at the time. Now it is way more complex. Us guys were told we could get fired if a glance was misinterpreted. It had nothing to do with intent. Everything was about how it was perceived, so better get our eye movements correct or start looking for another job.

For the guys, you could not sustain a stare on a woman’s lips. You could not be caught staring at her breasts. You could not stare at her feet or legs. Hell to pay if you stared at her crotch. Eye contact had to be maintained for the transmission of sincerity and customer service, but too long and you are staring as a predator subject to dismissal. Beyond eye movement, you could not make any comment about appearance, especially not age which is a litigation offense that could cost the company millions. You could not even compliment on a pretty dress, pretty ear rings.

I have no idea what the women were subjected to in the name of “training”. Both groups after the sex segregation were instructed, don’t ask, don’t tell. Maybe can't question if it is a banana in my pocket or a primordial compliment.

Sorry getting on a roll with this. Still think it’s my duty to broadcast the absolutely insane charges my son in law is having to deal with. You will be inspired. We have gone over the brink as a society and it is directly causing harm to you, your children.

Be back with more entertainment.

John
SteveStrummerUK
  • Total Posts : 31112
Re: Any good Redneck jokes? 2018/05/15 00:31:09 (permalink)

Music:     The Coffee House BandVeRy MeTaL

DrLumen
Max Output Level: -78 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 621
Re: Any good Redneck jokes? 2018/05/15 17:50:05 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby SteveStrummerUK 2018/05/15 17:55:00
SteveStrummerUK

The clip shows the inequity of jokes. I guess all people think an American southern drawl is funny. I'm in Texas and some of it is funny but I find most of them to be bad interpretations. The pain in my ears prevents some from being funny as the accent is too over-the-top.  I guess it is one of the only impressions that is still ok to do.

Also, while the red may be easier to see on someone that is white, rednecks come in all colors. :)

Look at the current tempest over Apu in the Simpson's. Maybe a bit stereo-typical but Apu is a guy that came to America, owns his own business and doing good but they are focusing on the fact that he is the butt of some jokes in an Indian accent. smh

There has to be some basis for a stereo-type. Some people just need to get over themselves and learn how to take a freakin' joke!

With that said... Did you hear about the redneck that was stuck on the escalator for 4 hours when the power went out?

-When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro.

Sonar Platinum / Intel i7-4790K / AsRock Z97 / 32GB RAM / Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB / Behringer FCA610 / M-Audio Sport 2x4 / Win7 x64 Pro / WDC Black HDD's / EVO 850 SSD's / Alesis Q88 / Boss DS-330 / Korg nanoKontrol / Novation Launch Control / 14.5" Lava Lamp
batsbrew
Re: Any good Redneck jokes? 2018/05/15 18:52:13 (permalink)
heard about it?!!

i KNOW that guy......

'cept he was from Jersey.

Bats Brew albums:
"Trouble"
"Stay"
"The Time is Magic"
--
Sonar 6 PE>Bandlab Cakewalk>Studio One 3.5>RME BFP>i7-7700 3.6GHz>MSI B250M>G.Skill Ripjaws 4 series 16GB>Samsung 960 EVO m.2ssd>W 10 Pro

• Total Posts : 729
Re: Any good Redneck jokes? 2018/05/15 23:14:59 (permalink)
DrLumen

Did you hear about the redneck that was stuck on the escalator for 4 hours when the power went out?

Intel i7 4790 @3.6Ghz - 32GB Ram - Windows 10 Pro 64bit - RME Fireface UFX+
Studio One 4 Professional, REAPER, CbB-(Couldnb't be Bothered)
More Plugs than Plumbers Warehouse.

Happy Studio One User Since August 2015

"It's the entertainment value, the comic relief . . . plus the Software and Deals Forum"

JohnKenn
Re: Any good Redneck jokes? 2018/05/16 00:56:21 (permalink)
So what went down here. Disclaimer that me and son in law don’t have a single cell of prejudice against anything. Heart of the individual is all that matters. Has nothing to do with the skin covering or belief system. Me still struggling with the gay, transvestite, carved up genital groups, but at least I admit I got a problem that I hope to get beyond in this life. We got way more crosses to deal with than what‘s between our legs or the silicone load we are carrying through life.

So much want to name names and places to express outrage but will only harm the kid and his family.

Son in law guy almost walks on water as an architect and contractor. That good. He was hired on by a state wide health system that moved him ahead of all the internal applicants because of his skill level and his outlook on the responsibilities of a manager.

Didn’t keep him out of brimstone for severe racial discrimination, dereliction of duty, failure to meet maintenance deadlines, refusal to undergo mandatory cultural sensitivity training. The guy is in trouble. This is his side of the story. Nothing you or me can do about any of this but awareness a good thing because we are all victims of this mentality.

Second time in less than 2 years that a student has done a swan dive out the 5th floor of the plush gay and lesbian dorm. Last guy was otherwise normal but complained he couldn’t fit in to ordinary society. Was transferred to the LGBTQ dorm and freaked out. Every other ethnic or spiritual group has a designer building but not the average kid trying to get a college degree.

My family guy had to go in and inspect the place for structural damage and said it was like going through the Rocky Horror Picture Show. No wonder the kid took his life.

The alternative dorm now is demanding that the walls and halls are painted specific shades of lavender and pink, and provisions for temporary placement while the fumes clear out. They are going through a cost analysis of how to set up motion detectors and ground air bags to be deployed if someone is hanging out a window. Next problem is with the bathrooms. Parents didn’t want the gender smear so the university proposed a gender neutral bathroom for the queers, keeping biological genders feeling safe in their private environment. This was not enough. The demand is now for each gender variation to have its own bathroom and the kid said they have just added another gender spinoff in the last week. They don’t have the manpower or space to create eight new bathrooms, but powers over their head told them to make it done and quick..

Across the street, the maintenance crew has another problem with a group in their designer dorm about to go thru a month long tradition. The crew had to order specific hand crafted drapes to cover the windows. Their bathroom was just remodeled to comply with an inside foot washing station. Now it seems that there is a further division between the rich and poor. They have now demanded an external foot washing station in public view that displays the rich elect that can pay to have others wash their feet. Cannot be in the communal bathroom. Seems like all hell is breaking loose when the group distributed leaflets to the Asian dorm offering minimum wage to 10 lucky recipients to come over and wash their feet in public. Defense was that people from the Philippines are only good for manual labor in their country. Got to say my Asian wife is serious pissed.

With all the turmoil, my son in law was sent to gender/race sensitivity training to get his white trash evil ways corrected. Got no reason to doubt that what he said went on is true.

Said that the program was attended mandatory with about 30 others. Within 2 minutes the crap erupted.
He was singled out and attacked by a 24 year old facilitator, new social studies degree and protected "minority" status. She pointed at him and said he was a middle aged white male. He owned a gun. He was a white bigot. He was one step removed from the Ku Klux Klan.

The kid was blown away, stood up and told her she had never met him, didn’t know anything about him, didn’t have to take the abuse and walked out. Three other managers walked out as well in protest.

Now he’s in trouble for not attending company mandated training. He pleaded his case in the disciplinary hearing. Said he wanted to blast her back asking how she got across the border. Response was that it was good he held his tongue or he would not be sitting before the inquiry. Asked what he should have done. Answer was nothing. Either the girl or the union would have taken them to the cleaners. He was part of the vanishing ethnic group with no rights or protection. Get real and live with it. Further punishment up to termination still pending.

So how does any of this make a fuk of difference…

While the team is trying to get embroidered flags and a plumbing project in place for the celebration group and negotiate color subtleties for the gay dorm, there are other minor issues.

One satellite site had the cafeteria heating system down all last winter. Kids bundled in blankets watching their own breath and freezing their asses off. Another off site has black fungus goo spitting out from their ice machine that are supposed to be purged and cleaned every 3 months but have not been serviced in 2 years.

My kid took matters into his own hands and took the entire team to the site and fixed the heating in one day. He was welcomed more than the second coming of Yaweh.

Big trouble though because he had gone outside the chain of command and not focused on the real issues. What shade of pink for the gay dorm. Officials said they were aware of the problems and they would have been eventually addressed by the level of priority.

Again, sorry for a long tirade. Just had to tell this story. Sad as to where we are at.

John

batsbrew
Re: Any good Redneck jokes? 2018/05/16 01:09:51 (permalink)
snowflakes.

Bats Brew albums:
"Trouble"
"Stay"
"The Time is Magic"
--

JohnKenn
Re: Any good Redneck jokes? 2018/05/16 02:48:39 (permalink)
Yeah, maybe snowflakes
ampfixer
Max Output Level: -20 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 5508
Re: Any good Redneck jokes? 2018/05/16 03:17:03 (permalink)
My buddy has a little house down on the east coast in Nova Scotia. He tells me the only problem with living there is that they can't solve crimes.

Why?

Because everyone has the same DNA. Redneck is a state of mind, not a location. 

Regards, John 
 I want to make it clear that I am an Eedjit. I have no direct, or indirect, knowledge of business, the music industry, forum threads or the meaning of life. I know about amps.
WIN 10 Pro X64, I7-3770k 16 gigs, ASUS Z77 pro, AMD 7950 3 gig,  Steinberg UR44, A-Pro 500, Sonar Platinum, KRK Rokit 6 
emeraldsoul
Max Output Level: -56.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1858
Re: Any good Redneck jokes? 2018/05/16 05:47:16 (permalink)
Why can't they just give the kids paint and let them paint the halls whatever color they want?

The great PNW is an interesting and nearly equal mix of progressives and conservatives, of rednecks and liberals. It requires being bi-lingual and very tolerant. One must be able to hold John Oliver and Rush Limbaugh concurrently in one's mind without it wracking asunder.

Good luck and best wishes in you son in-law's correctness fiasco.

-Tom

A work in regress:
www.studiusinterruptus.com

Cornbread - video   audio
A Very, Very Troubled Soul - video   
Kilometers Davis - video   audio
Mayans (Face in the Crowd) - video  audio
The Sweet Slow Fade - video
KenB123
Max Output Level: -66 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1229
Re: Any good Redneck jokes? 2018/05/17 13:04:30 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby Voda La Void 2018/05/17 13:51:57
John,

Rather enlightening posts, although sad things have gone this far (at least in the Great Northwest). Unfortunately, fine examples of misguided bureaucracy.

I have to say I find redneck jokes to be some of funniest when it come to jokes (one-liners). 

Maybe not the best of them, but to track back to the humorous side of this thread, here's a few...

You might be a redneck if...
 - You own a home that is mobile and 5 cars that aren't.
- Your school fight song was "Dueling Banjos".
- The Home Shopping operator recognizes your voice.
- You take a fishing pole into Sea World.
- You have a hefty bag where the window of your car should be.
- You ever got too drunk to fish.

Broken pencils are pointless.

WIN-7 64-bit; Sonar X2A 64-bit; 12GB RAM; ASUS P6T Deluxe V2 MB; Intel Core i7-960; 300GB-OS (10000-RPM); 1TB-Projects (7200-RPM); 1TB-Samples (7200-RPM) 

JohnKenn
Re: Any good Redneck jokes? 2018/05/18 20:52:23 (permalink)
Guys,
Thanks for the support and took the liberty of telling him the community here has sent good wishes and concerns his way. He said to thank everyone.
John
BassDaddy
Max Output Level: -33 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 4232
Re: Any good Redneck jokes? 2018/05/18 21:45:03 (permalink)
kennywtelejazz
You know your a Redneck if your Idea of a Pink Cadillac looks like this  .

Kenny

I wonder how much "face spackle" you have sell to get the "Mary Kay monster Cady"? Anyway, I'd like to burn one with John Prine up there.

It's Bass, not Bass.
i7 2700K, 16GB DDR3, 2 SSD sample drives and OS drive, HDD SATAIII for projects, 2 24" monitors
Focusrite Saffire Pro 24, Focusrite VRM Box, LAVA Lamp, SONAR Platinum 64 bit, Mackie MCU and 1 MCU XT, Akai Advance 49, Windows 10,
Komplete 9 Ultimate, Cakewalk, Toontrack, IK, AAS, XLN, UVI, Air Music Tech, Waves Factory, Sample Tek and Sonivox VSTi's. Overloud, T-Racks, Audio Damage, D16, Nomad Factory, Waves Gold FX 
Hugh Mann
Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 59
Re: Any good Redneck jokes? 2018/05/18 22:00:14 (permalink)
JohnKenn
So what went down here. Disclaimer that me and son in law don’t have a single cell of prejudice against anything. Heart of the individual is all that matters. Has nothing to do with the skin covering or belief system. Me still struggling with the gay, transvestite, carved up genital groups, but at least I admit I got a problem that I hope to get beyond in this life. We got way more crosses to deal with than what‘s between our legs or the silicone load we are carrying through life.

So much want to name names and places to express outrage but will only harm the kid and his family.

Son in law guy almost walks on water as an architect and contractor. That good. He was hired on by a state wide health system that moved him ahead of all the internal applicants because of his skill level and his outlook on the responsibilities of a manager.

Didn’t keep him out of brimstone for severe racial discrimination, dereliction of duty, failure to meet maintenance deadlines, refusal to undergo mandatory cultural sensitivity training. The guy is in trouble. This is his side of the story. Nothing you or me can do about any of this but awareness a good thing because we are all victims of this mentality.

Second time in less than 2 years that a student has done a swan dive out the 5th floor of the plush gay and lesbian dorm. Last guy was otherwise normal but complained he couldn’t fit in to ordinary society. Was transferred to the LGBTQ dorm and freaked out. Every other ethnic or spiritual group has a designer building but not the average kid trying to get a college degree.

My family guy had to go in and inspect the place for structural damage and said it was like going through the Rocky Horror Picture Show. No wonder the kid took his life.

The alternative dorm now is demanding that the walls and halls are painted specific shades of lavender and pink, and provisions for temporary placement while the fumes clear out. They are going through a cost analysis of how to set up motion detectors and ground air bags to be deployed if someone is hanging out a window. Next problem is with the bathrooms. Parents didn’t want the gender smear so the university proposed a gender neutral bathroom for the queers, keeping biological genders feeling safe in their private environment. This was not enough. The demand is now for each gender variation to have its own bathroom and the kid said they have just added another gender spinoff in the last week. They don’t have the manpower or space to create eight new bathrooms, but powers over their head told them to make it done and quick..

Across the street, the maintenance crew has another problem with a group in their designer dorm about to go thru a month long tradition. The crew had to order specific hand crafted drapes to cover the windows. Their bathroom was just remodeled to comply with an inside foot washing station. Now it seems that there is a further division between the rich and poor. They have now demanded an external foot washing station in public view that displays the rich elect that can pay to have others wash their feet. Cannot be in the communal bathroom. Seems like all hell is breaking loose when the group distributed leaflets to the Asian dorm offering minimum wage to 10 lucky recipients to come over and wash their feet in public. Defense was that people from the Philippines are only good for manual labor in their country. Got to say my Asian wife is serious pissed.

With all the turmoil, my son in law was sent to gender/race sensitivity training to get his white trash evil ways corrected. Got no reason to doubt that what he said went on is true.

Said that the program was attended mandatory with about 30 others. Within 2 minutes the crap erupted.
He was singled out and attacked by a 24 year old facilitator, new social studies degree and protected "minority" status. She pointed at him and said he was a middle aged white male. He owned a gun. He was a white bigot. He was one step removed from the Ku Klux Klan.

The kid was blown away, stood up and told her she had never met him, didn’t know anything about him, didn’t have to take the abuse and walked out. Three other managers walked out as well in protest.

Now he’s in trouble for not attending company mandated training. He pleaded his case in the disciplinary hearing. Said he wanted to blast her back asking how she got across the border. Response was that it was good he held his tongue or he would not be sitting before the inquiry. Asked what he should have done. Answer was nothing. Either the girl or the union would have taken them to the cleaners. He was part of the vanishing ethnic group with no rights or protection. Get real and live with it. Further punishment up to termination still pending.

So how does any of this make a fuk of difference…

While the team is trying to get embroidered flags and a plumbing project in place for the celebration group and negotiate color subtleties for the gay dorm, there are other minor issues.

One satellite site had the cafeteria heating system down all last winter. Kids bundled in blankets watching their own breath and freezing their asses off. Another off site has black fungus goo spitting out from their ice machine that are supposed to be purged and cleaned every 3 months but have not been serviced in 2 years.

My kid took matters into his own hands and took the entire team to the site and fixed the heating in one day. He was welcomed more than the second coming of Yaweh.

Big trouble though because he had gone outside the chain of command and not focused on the real issues. What shade of pink for the gay dorm. Officials said they were aware of the problems and they would have been eventually addressed by the level of priority.

Again, sorry for a long tirade. Just had to tell this story. Sad as to where we are at.

John

Boo hoo. Sorry (not sorry) we have moved on from slapping waitress on the behind and treating non whites like second class citizens. "how she got across the border"?  wow,  just wow.  Angry about being stereo typed,  but then goes ahead and does the same. that's the real problem.  the hypocrisy. 
JohnKenn
Re: Any good Redneck jokes? 2018/05/18 23:29:16 (permalink)
Hey Hugh,

Fully agree with you in principle. And you are right. My point is that the pendulum has swung too far in the over reactive direction and is causing systemic harm to all of us. We become too paranoid to move or breathe in our jobs, lest we offend some cultural or sexual identification group. Too much time and energy into trying to be politically correct and protect our asses from being fired, while the focus on service should be the person showing up at the door asking for help and our 100 percent focus on their need.

No need to bore folks with heavy hits of insanity from in the work force that currently degrade the treatment of a trusting public, but one incident I’ll never live down personally. Way cool. We were able to divert and hide the incident under the rug and out of sight so no one was hung, me or the doctor. Blamed the outcome on another cause.

My job in the pharmacy was a hell of overload. Don’t ever encourage your kids to become a pharmacist unless they can deal with a shorter life due to stress. Good money but the ravage is not worth it in most environments.

Daily duties included monitoring of antibiotics and anti coagulation therapies. The docs were always too happy to dump the task and liability onto the pharmacist. I did too little or too much of something and you died.

Two days of cultural and gender training and threats were assigned in a series of more to come. 4 hours a day in a classroom learning how to hold our eyes, phrases you can’t use or get fired. Problem was that the pharmacy operations were put on hold but continued to pile up. Then the “performance manager” tasks assigned and piling up faster than you could complete them. Not completed by midnight and you were out of a job until you passed. Three chances to get 80 percent right on a convoluted gender sensitivity test or you had to take the whole training again. Fail the training 3 times and you are fired. This all took away from critical time needed to assess hairline treatment modalities that could cause death or dismemberment if I screwed up.

Well, I screwed up. Was going ballistic mode trying to complete gender sensitivity training and also the secondary lesser important task of taking care of real patients. Don’t think anyone could have done better.

Two weeks later, elderly guy with a bad infection showed up with a cane propping himself up against a wall to get to where the antibiotics were to be administered. New symptom, vertigo and lack of balance.

In the insanity of brainless gender harassment training and the harangue of getting fired, the work load was too much and the guy fell through the cracks. He went 2 weeks with deadly toxic blood levels of aminoglycoside antibiotics that destroyed his inner ear balance system. Fried for life.

Veteran ICU nurse said that it was once about the patient care and going to work was altruistic and fun. Now it is 75 percent covering your ass under a smile and 25 percent patient care. His first interaction now with a patient is thoughts about himself, his family, his job and how the patient in front of you is going to get offended, file a complaint and get him fired.

All for color, religious, ethnic, sexual blindness as we try to relate with the common human dignity and respect due to every individual. We have just screwed up the system in our over sensitivity. Good intentions but we got to get a grip on what we are doing and where this is taking us under the current course. First to admit that there are problems and I don’t have any answers. Maybe you do.

John
Beepster
Re: Any good Redneck jokes? 2018/05/18 23:34:43 (permalink)
Okay. This is just getting dumb.
JohnKenn
Re: Any good Redneck jokes? 2018/05/19 00:16:00 (permalink)
Dumb until you show up in the hospital and are looked at as just another piece of meat lawsuit liability about to get your caregivers fired if they glance at you wrong or if you lodge a complaint against them.
Stuff rolls downhill and unfortunately as a consumer, you are on the short end of the stick. This is what we have become. Was trained and indoctrinated as a professional as how I have to fear you as a consumer, but show a requisite number of teeth in a fake smile. Paranoid, waiting for a followup call to rate our services after the fact. Hell to pay if you don't give us 5 stars for our "services".
You are no longer at the center of good vibes and the wishes of dedicated people to serve you as a person. Not to say that there are not great boys and girls out there with some measure of ideals left. Just somewhere, you got lost in the paperwork. My point is that the trend is getting more convoluted and worse. It will correct itself after all of us are long gone. Light on the horizon after we learn from our mistakes and evolve a bit. Just crazy and defective for now.

Beepster
Re: Any good Redneck jokes? 2018/05/19 00:30:32 (permalink)
Dude, you used a false pretense (redneck jokes which is kind of inappropriate here as it is) to use one sided anecdotes that sound at the least hyperbolized to go on a tired old anti-"PC" rant.

Just stop because this is not the place for it.

kthxbye
Page: 1234 > Showing page 1 of 4
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1