Anyone else feel that the X1 Upgrade is too expensive?

Page: < 1234 Showing page 4 of 4
Author
chuckebaby
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 13146
Re:Anyone else feel that the X1 Upgrade is too expensive? 2011/02/10 10:17:22 (permalink)

Re:A few strange bugs..... - Pro Tools Forums

this one any better under toe?.....my post was directed towards "rock solid"..you trying to tell me you found a daw "rock solid" with no bugs undertow???...cause if you are...im calling you out...prove it..maybe you and i have different opinions on what rock solid is..cause if you want i can copy and paste all day with pro tools,sonar and any other daw for that matter

post edited by chuckebaby - 2011/02/10 10:22:22
UnderTow
Max Output Level: -37 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3848
Re:Anyone else feel that the X1 Upgrade is too expensive? 2011/02/10 10:33:32 (permalink)
chuckebaby

this one any better under toe?.....
You posted something really silly and I point it out with a bit of a chuckle and you resort to kindergarten humour poking fun at my user name? You are not making yourself look any smarter you know. :)

Seriously, don't you think it is ironic you dug up a 13 year old thread to prove a point and it turned out not even to be an issue with the DAW?

And no this link isn't much better: "I'm having 2 problems with my PT HD02 system (running on Mac G5 OSX 10.4.6) that has just occured over the last few days" that again sounds like something changed on the system and there certainly isn't enough info there to know what is going on.

my post was directed towards "rock solid"..
Yes I know but you chose one of the worst possible forum threads imaginable to demonstrate that other DAWs have flaws.
you trying to tell me you found a daw "rock solid" with no bugs undertow???
No I am not. I am jut poking some fun at you because you didn't actually read the link you posted. Not a big issue. Next time make sure you check what you post. That is all. :)

UnderTow

chuckebaby
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 13146
Re:Anyone else feel that the X1 Upgrade is too expensive? 2011/02/10 11:22:13 (permalink)
UnderTow

chuckebaby

this one any better under toe?.....
You posted something really silly and I point it out with a bit of a chuckle and you resort to kindergarten humour poking fun at my user name? You are not making yourself look any smarter you know. :)

Seriously, don't you think it is ironic you dug up a 13 year old thread to prove a point and it turned out not even to be an issue with the DAW?

And no this link isn't much better: "I'm having 2 problems with my PT HD02 system (running on Mac G5 OSX 10.4.6) that has just occured over the last few days" that again sounds like something changed on the system and there certainly isn't enough info there to know what is going on.

my post was directed towards "rock solid"..
Yes I know but you chose one of the worst possible forum threads imaginable to demonstrate that other DAWs have flaws.
you trying to tell me you found a daw "rock solid" with no bugs undertow???
No I am not. I am jut poking some fun at you because you didn't actually read the link you posted. Not a big issue. Next time make sure you check what you post. That is all. :)

UnderTow

1...your right i indeed only read half the post i gave the link to and though sometimes its hard admiting i was wrong and didnt do the research,your right there too..and 2..i wasnt poking fun at you in anyway..seriously..but now that i know you were just poking fun at me..then im finding some humor in this..maybe a little too much poking going on.sorry for the confusion..i try not to sink to kindergarden level unless totaly run out of options..trust me...this wasnt even close to being one of those times..have great day.

post edited by chuckebaby - 2011/02/10 11:26:49
Supercomposer
Max Output Level: -85 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 259
Re:Anyone else feel that the X1 Upgrade is too expensive? 2011/02/10 14:13:24 (permalink)
KeithS

crandallwarren

Here's my two cents:

I feel like $99 is a bit steep to upgrade 

Hell, I've spent more money on a dinner for two at Emeril's and a day or two later I'm looking at it in a porcelin bowl. 

Was half of your dinner rotten? Did you have maggots in a part of your steak? Then you can compare.

ME is the Supercomposer, and all your base are belong to us (Yes, I mean Germany)

System Spec: CPU 2x X7560 Xeon 16-Core, 48 GIG Ram Kingston, Intel with Supermicro Workstation MP Boards, RME HDSPe, PNY Quadro 6000
giankap
Max Output Level: -83 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 387
Re:Anyone else feel that the X1 Upgrade is too expensive? 2011/02/10 14:19:50 (permalink)
Rothchild

If cakewalk will say "so guys here is our new DAW, in order to run with no problems, you'll need, this tower, this MB, that CPU, this operation system, this amount of RAM from that manufacturer, this HDD, and this audio interface. Only then you can buy something and you'll never have any problems! WHAT WOULD YOU SAY???

Awesome!

Many people have asked for this for quite some time, if it means you're guaranteed a stable system then why not? It's basicly what Pro-tools built their business out of.

No Problems you say? None at all? Why wouldn't this be a good thng?

Child

because everytime cakewalk would like to make an upgrade to their software, thousands of users would have to build a new audio workstation from scratch! if you can do it then i suggest you send cakewalk an e-mail requesting a list of what you have to buy!

Are you really a child or you have just childish suggestions?

sincerely,

Ioannis

Windows - some Dual Core CPU - a little bit of RAM - not so bad soundcard - i think it's called Sonar - a silver mixer with colorful knobs - black speaker monitors - my ears

some work
Rothchild
Max Output Level: -61 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1479
Re:Anyone else feel that the X1 Upgrade is too expensive? 2011/02/10 15:07:18 (permalink)
Lol, you didn't stipulate that they would change the spec for every patch, just if they created a new DAW (which despite having a new GUI X1 is ostensibly not). Also there should be no reason for patches / upgrades not to be backwards compatible with previous 'approved hardware'.

Having a confirmed working hardware configuration would be a blessing for many. Look at how many people come on here with issues caused by the immense variability of hardware options (and a limited understanding of how to build and use a 'studio').

Also if Cake knew that all those thousands of users were in hock for a couple of thousand to take an upgrade it might be fair to suspect that it would work 'out of the box'.

I don't see this as unreasonable, but it's probably not the comeback you wanted, so I'll brace for some more abuse ;-)

Child
Kroneborge
Max Output Level: -65 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1300
Re:Anyone else feel that the X1 Upgrade is too expensive? 2011/02/10 16:16:27 (permalink)
I think a LOT of people would be interersted in an approved model, or even serveral.  Cakewalk would just need to make sure it had enough robust options.

And of course take into account that many people would use a UAD card etc.

Still, if they were selling, or had a link to an approved builder next time I was looking to upgrade, I would be interested.   With the only caveat that I'm not going to pay double for a stupid music computer because someone put "music" in the name.

A slight premium over what I would pay seperatly if making it myself would be ok (say $100-300).

Mathew

Hip Hop
http://www.soundclick.com...ault.cfm?bandID=213418

BreakBeats
http://www.soundclick.com...ault.cfm?bandID=219099

i7 12 gb ram, Komplete 5, Izotope Ozone & Stutter, Symphonic Orchestra Plat.

Sijel
Max Output Level: -81 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 487
Re:Anyone else feel that the X1 Upgrade is too expensive? 2011/02/10 19:08:18 (permalink)
Nope - I'd pay double what they charged. 

Microsoft Surface Book w/ Surface dock, dual 24-inch HD displays,
Sonar Platinum, THD 4, GuitarRig, Amplitube, (Kontakt4), Garritan PO, Trillian Bass 1.3,  Roland Octa-Capture, Waves Gold & various Waves, PSP and T-Racks plugins.

KRK Rokit6, Lefty Guitars & Bass, racks/pedals galore and many other fun things.
Kroneborge
Max Output Level: -65 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1300
Re:Anyone else feel that the X1 Upgrade is too expensive? 2011/02/10 21:14:31 (permalink)
Well, money's a bit tight for me, but I'm still ok with paying a small premium to make sure sh!t just works

Mathew

Hip Hop
http://www.soundclick.com...ault.cfm?bandID=213418

BreakBeats
http://www.soundclick.com...ault.cfm?bandID=219099

i7 12 gb ram, Komplete 5, Izotope Ozone & Stutter, Symphonic Orchestra Plat.

Page: < 1234 Showing page 4 of 4
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1