Breakthrough - X1 made it through a 10 hour session today with no crashes or glitches

Page: << < ..6 Showing page 6 of 6
Author
ba_midi
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 14061
Re:Breakthrough - X1 made it through a 10 hour session today with no crashes or glitches 2011/01/25 20:00:01 (permalink)
ProjectM

ba_midi

Fortunately or unfortunately, it's my company - so sometimes I have to man the phones.  Trust me, I'd rather be writing music or mixing, etc, allll day and night. 

Um, good luck with the polar bears ... and no, I won't ask LOL

Yeah, the struggles of making a living I guess.

Thanks for not asking about the polar bears. I appreciate it
We have to keep this from Ol Pal though.  If he reads that, he'll come up with all kinds of funny/histerical things ! :O

Billy Arnell (ba-midi)

http://www.ba-midi.com/music/files
Music gives me life, so I give life Music.
Thanks for listening - Let's Dance to the rhythm of life! :)
Lynn
Max Output Level: -14 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 6117
Re:Breakthrough - X1 made it through a 10 hour session today with no crashes or glitches 2011/01/29 22:01:55 (permalink)
Just a quick update and I'll leave this alone.  I'm well into my second week of trouble free operation with X1a.  I've thrown everything I can think of at this program with no ill results.  I've been watching the forum continue to explode with yays and nays.  I give much credit to the CW staff for responding to our pleas in various threads.  My good luck simply goes back to updating the driver for my FF 400.  Before the update, I had trouble with 8.5.3 and X1.  Since then, I've gone back to 8.5.3 to review some older projects with no problems, whereas before I crashed frequently.  I've even had better performance with Sony Sound Forge and Vegas.  My point is:  it was the driver for my sound card all along that apparently was causing me grief with CW and Sony.  That doesn't mean there aren't bugs in X1.  I previously reported a bug regarding lassoing clips, and there are a number of other bugs acknowledged by CW. 

I only reiterate this message to strongly urge all users who are having troubles with X1 to check for updates for all their plug ins and sound cards.  I understand all your frustrations because I was there, too.  Let's hope that the next update or two from CW solves most of our problems.

All the best,
Lynn

my songs
www.soundclick.com/lynnwilson

www.youtube.com/lywilson
my videos

Cakewalk by Bandlab| Sonar Platinum @ 64bits| i7 860 | 8 gigs ram | W10 @ 64 bits | RME FF 400
ba_midi
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 14061
Re:Breakthrough - X1 made it through a 10 hour session today with no crashes or glitches 2011/01/30 05:37:56 (permalink)
Lynn

Just a quick update and I'll leave this alone.  I'm well into my second week of trouble free operation with X1a.  I've thrown everything I can think of at this program with no ill results.  I've been watching the forum continue to explode with yays and nays.  I give much credit to the CW staff for responding to our pleas in various threads.  My good luck simply goes back to updating the driver for my FF 400.  Before the update, I had trouble with 8.5.3 and X1.  Since then, I've gone back to 8.5.3 to review some older projects with no problems, whereas before I crashed frequently.  I've even had better performance with Sony Sound Forge and Vegas.  My point is:  it was the driver for my sound card all along that apparently was causing me grief with CW and Sony.  That doesn't mean there aren't bugs in X1.  I previously reported a bug regarding lassoing clips, and there are a number of other bugs acknowledged by CW. 

I only reiterate this message to strongly urge all users who are having troubles with X1 to check for updates for all their plug ins and sound cards.  I understand all your frustrations because I was there, too.  Let's hope that the next update or two from CW solves most of our problems.

Lynn, I think it's so good of you to share your "success" story in a way that's hard to dissolve.

Yeah, not everyone is doing so well (I'm not) but that doesn't mean it can't happen.  So your continual expression of your experience is helpful (to me), and I appreciate it.

I can't wait to be in that groove too.

Billy Arnell (ba-midi)

http://www.ba-midi.com/music/files
Music gives me life, so I give life Music.
Thanks for listening - Let's Dance to the rhythm of life! :)
Page: << < ..6 Showing page 6 of 6
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1