CLASSIK STUDIO REVERB IS THE "BE ALL END ALL" REVERB!

Page: < 12345.. > >> Showing page 2 of 7
Author
ByronSanto
Max Output Level: -86 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 247
RE: CLASSIK STUDIO REVERB IS THE "BE ALL END ALL" REVERB! 2006/03/07 11:24:16 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: attalus

You sent me a whole track that needed to be launched threw itunes player, i was hopeing for just a wave file with just vocals and no beat, but i believe i have a vocal track i can use of my own, its from my celtic sample cd, and it's the lovely voice of a irish woman who i love to listen to at times. Give me a few hours to prepare it.Also i need someone who can post it because i don't no how to upload music on the internet.

I stated I COULD send you the lead vocal track from my original which would have been the wav file
dbmusic
Max Output Level: -68 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1150
RE: CLASSIK STUDIO REVERB IS THE "BE ALL END ALL" REVERB! 2006/03/07 11:36:51 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: harmony gardens

We might as well get this out of the way, too. It's on a dongle.

Yes the old dongle dilemma, I don't likem but it was well worth it for me to buy the reverb tho, as a matter of fact i'd use 3 dongles at once to get "that sound".But i understand why many would'nt want any products with dongles as well,it's a serious decision to make on whether we "to dongle or not to dongle".

I know this is belabored and somewhat OT, but I still feel compelled to communicate that dongle = no sale. Period.

db
mr. moon
Max Output Level: -60 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1515
RE: CLASSIK STUDIO REVERB IS THE "BE ALL END ALL" REVERB! 2006/03/07 12:05:28 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: dbmusic
...I still feel compelled to communicate that dongle = no sale. Period.
db

Ditto!

-mr moon

Intel Core 2 QUAD Q6600
4 GB 800MHz DDR2
RME FireFace 800
Windows 64 Pro

"...Think outside the box as you mix within!" -mrmoon

Dave Modisette
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 11050
RE: CLASSIK STUDIO REVERB IS THE "BE ALL END ALL" REVERB! 2006/03/07 12:35:24 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: dbmusic

Yes the old dongle dilemma, I don't likem but it was well worth it for me to buy the reverb tho, as a matter of fact i'd use 3 dongles at once to get "that sound".But i understand why many would'nt want any products with dongles as well,it's a serious decision to make on whether we "to dongle or not to dongle".

I know this is belabored and somewhat OT, but I still feel compelled to communicate that dongle = no sale. Period.

db
Yep, that killed it for me.

Dave Modisette ... rocks a Purrrfect Audio Studio Pro rig.

http://www.gatortraks.com 
My music.
... And of course, the Facebook page. 
attalus
Max Output Level: -58.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1687
RE: CLASSIK STUDIO REVERB IS THE "BE ALL END ALL" REVERB! 2006/03/07 14:17:54 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: ByronSanto

You sent me a whole track that needed to be launched threw itunes player, i was hopeing for just a wave file with just vocals and no beat, but i believe i have a vocal track i can use of my own, its from my celtic sample cd, and it's the lovely voice of a irish woman who i love to listen to at times. Give me a few hours to prepare it.Also i need someone who can post it because i don't no how to upload music on the internet.

I stated I COULD send you the lead vocal track from my original which would have been the wav file

My email address is attalus@sbcglobal.net i'll probably end up using your sample and mines.
bandasound
Max Output Level: -85 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 277
RE: CLASSIK STUDIO REVERB IS THE "BE ALL END ALL" REVERB! 2006/03/07 14:28:12 (permalink)
I wonder what it compares to Waves IR1 v2. I ?

hmm....True R&B is like deep fried chicken, greens, and buttered corn bread...
attalus
RE: CLASSIK STUDIO REVERB IS THE "BE ALL END ALL" REVERB! 2006/03/07 16:22:41 (permalink)
I'm ready,who will upload the clips so they can be heard by all? The first round i have 4 sample clips, a unprocessed clip, one processed by masterverb 5, one processed by CSR, one processesd by plate 140. I used somewhat light amounts of each verb but not too light to where it cant be heard (CSR can go ultralight), i will next use a medium amount then a heavy amount. With masterverb 5 and CSR i used room algorithms to start with, naturally plate 140 is limited to plate with no true enviroment deminsional control.I tried to be as fair as possible and adjusted all reverbs to nice settings but so that this is a fair test those of you who own Masterverb 5 or plate 140 can jump in and process the same sample.Let me add that even the reverbs that loose are not true loosers because these are all high quality reverbs!
Now who can i email the files to?
post edited by attalus - 2006/03/07 17:46:15
Hans Van Even
Max Output Level: -84 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 345
RE: CLASSIK STUDIO REVERB IS THE "BE ALL END ALL" REVERB! 2006/03/07 17:36:27 (permalink)

While in general I wasn't a fan of dongles, and I've been very vocal in the past about these, including pace etc .... from recent experiences with iLok (URS, NOTION) and other dongles, I don't have a problem with it anymore and underdstand it's vital for some companies to survive ... My favorites go out now to iLok, because you can hold up to 100 licences on just one key (I have my Notion and URS licences on it) you can move between setups or studios. If you loose a key, simply get another one, the licences are recorded on the iLok database so you never loose your licences.

best,

Hans
post edited by Hans Van Even - 2006/03/07 17:46:20
jayhill
Max Output Level: -79 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 578
RE: CLASSIK STUDIO REVERB IS THE "BE ALL END ALL" REVERB! 2006/03/07 17:42:51 (permalink)

db

Couldn't have expressed my thoughts any better.
Hans Van Even
  • Total Posts : 345
RE: CLASSIK STUDIO REVERB IS THE "BE ALL END ALL" REVERB! 2006/03/07 17:47:10 (permalink)

Some time ago I would have said the same ... not anymore. IMHO IK should have gone with iLok instead of their own one.

Hans
attalus
RE: CLASSIK STUDIO REVERB IS THE "BE ALL END ALL" REVERB! 2006/03/07 17:50:58 (permalink)

I'm ready,who will upload the clips so they can be heard by all? The first round i have 4 sample clips, a unprocessed clip, one processed by masterverb 5, one processed by CSR, one processesd by plate 140. I used somewhat light amounts of each verb but not too light to where it cant be heard (CSR can go ultralight), i will next use a medium amount then a heavy amount. With masterverb 5 and CSR i used room algorithms to start with, naturally plate 140 is limited to plate with no true enviroment deminsional control.I tried to be as fair as possible and adjusted all reverbs to nice settings but so that this is a fair test those of you who own Masterverb 5 or plate 140 can jump in and process the same sample.Let me add that even the reverbs that loose are not true loosers because these are all high quality reverbs!
Now who can i email the files to?

No one can upload the demo clips for all to hear? If someone do decide to do this favor for all please put the unprocessed first in order, then the rest can go in whatever order you choose. All the files are named in a identifying way e.g. "Round 1 Masterverb 5 light amount"
post edited by attalus - 2006/03/07 17:58:16
harmony gardens
Max Output Level: -40.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3490
RE: CLASSIK STUDIO REVERB IS THE "BE ALL END ALL" REVERB! 2006/03/07 18:32:49 (permalink)
Ok, here's a little demo. I'll try to make something more impressive, in the next few days.

http://www.harmonygardenproductions.net/media/CSR_Demo_loops.wma

What I did was load the same loop into three different tracks, and put them into the time line to play consecutively. The first time the loop plays, it's coming from the dry track, the second time it plays, it's running through a preset from the plate reverb, and the third time, it's playing a preset from the room reverb. I'm sorry but I did the loop last night, and I had trouble with my site, I didn't get it posted until now, and I didn't save the actual Sonar file as a project, and I've forgotten which presets I used,,, that's what I mean that this could be better,,, but,,,, it is a demo of the same loop one dry, and two treated with two different CSR settings. One other caveat is that this is a wma file, and doesn't sound quite as good as it might if it was a wav,,, but hey,,, I am springing for the bandwidth myself,,,

That said,,, it was done with the CSR, there is no other treatment but that.

Paul G
Max Output Level: -52 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2334
RE: CLASSIK STUDIO REVERB IS THE "BE ALL END ALL" REVERB! 2006/03/07 19:52:45 (permalink)

Ok, here's a little demo. I'll try to make something more impressive, in the next few days.

http://www.harmonygardenproductions.net/media/CSR_Demo_loops.wma

What I did was load the same loop into three different tracks, and put them into the time line to play consecutively. The first time the loop plays, it's coming from the dry track, the second time it plays, it's running through a preset from the plate reverb, and the third time, it's playing a preset from the room reverb. I'm sorry but I did the loop last night, and I had trouble with my site, I didn't get it posted until now, and I didn't save the actual Sonar file as a project, and I've forgotten which presets I used,,, that's what I mean that this could be better,,, but,,,, it is a demo of the same loop one dry, and two treated with two different CSR settings. One other caveat is that this is a wma file, and doesn't sound quite as good as it might if it was a wav,,, but hey,,, I am springing for the bandwidth myself,,,

That said,,, it was done with the CSR, there is no other treatment but that.

Dale:

When I test out a reverb I just use a clave hit. Nice and percussive and it lets me hear the tail. Just a thought.

Paul

Intel i7-4790K, Win7 Pro, 16GB Ram
1TB OS, 2TB Audio, 1TB Samples
Focusrite Scarlett 6i6
Cakewalk by Bandlab
Paul Robert Glaser
The Brothers Glaser
SoundClick
harmony gardens
RE: CLASSIK STUDIO REVERB IS THE "BE ALL END ALL" REVERB! 2006/03/07 21:28:40 (permalink)
Dale:

When I test out a reverb I just use a clave hit. Nice and percussive and it lets me hear the tail. Just a thought.

Paul

http://www.harmonygardenproductions.net/media/CSR_Clave_Demo.wma

Anything for you Paul. I'm a lot disappointed with the way my wma's are turning out, but this should give you an idea. No other effects applied. The first section is dry, (duh) Second has the preset Gold Plate 1 at 50%, and the third is the Medium Hall preset at 50%.

Paul G
Max Output Level: -52 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2334
RE: CLASSIK STUDIO REVERB IS THE "BE ALL END ALL" REVERB! 2006/03/07 23:18:47 (permalink)

http://www.harmonygardenproductions.net/media/CSR_Clave_Demo.wma

Anything for you Paul. I'm a lot disappointed with the way my wma's are turning out, but this should give you an idea. No other effects applied. The first section is dry, (duh) Second has the preset Gold Plate 1 at 50%, and the third is the Medium Hall preset at 50%.

Thanks, Dale. You're a gentleman and a scholar. Sounds nice.

Paul

Intel i7-4790K, Win7 Pro, 16GB Ram
1TB OS, 2TB Audio, 1TB Samples
Focusrite Scarlett 6i6
Cakewalk by Bandlab
Paul Robert Glaser
The Brothers Glaser
SoundClick
harmony gardens
RE: CLASSIK STUDIO REVERB IS THE "BE ALL END ALL" REVERB! 2006/03/07 23:59:02 (permalink)
Thanks, Dale. You're a gentleman and a scholar. Sounds nice.

Paul

np Paul,,, the greatest demo, I'll admitt.

Byron, I don't see the link anymore, but I heard your song. Very nice!!
tunekicker
Max Output Level: -65 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1261
RE: CLASSIK STUDIO REVERB IS THE "BE ALL END ALL" REVERB! 2006/03/08 01:03:58 (permalink)
I seem to remember they're authorization scheme really sucked a while back. Not too happy about the dongle. Might be worth it, though...
Peace,
post edited by tunekicker - 2006/03/08 01:10:03

- Tunes
bnmoore
Max Output Level: -82 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 445
RE: CLASSIK STUDIO REVERB IS THE "BE ALL END ALL" REVERB! 2006/03/08 01:16:34 (permalink)

I read on the SR/Esoundz forum that it's both a dongle and C/R. But now you get ten authorizations instead of three. That's bovine feces. Personally I think I'm done with IK. Maybe SR also, it depends on how well my sampler of choice is supported.

Ben N. Moore
tunekicker
Max Output Level: -65 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1261
RE: CLASSIK STUDIO REVERB IS THE "BE ALL END ALL" REVERB! 2006/03/08 01:41:05 (permalink)
I read on the SR/Esoundz forum that it's both a dongle and C/R. But now you get ten authorizations instead of three. That's bovine feces. Personally I think I'm done with IK. Maybe SR also, it depends on how well my sampler of choice is supported.

10 auths is better than three, but still...

Bovine feces... LOL a gentler way to put it, yes.

- Tunes
no criminal intent
  • Total Posts : 229
RE: CLASSIK STUDIO REVERB IS THE "BE ALL END ALL" REVERB! 2006/03/08 02:07:23 (permalink)
I dont understand why there is no demo version of the product. Make it a 15 day wonder if need be, but sound samples dont cut it for me. If I tried the demo and found it worked for a particular function, Id buy it, dongle or not. But without a demo version to play with under my own roof (and sounds), no way Im throwing out that much money.

Just a thought.

zumba
av1611
Max Output Level: -83 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 387
RE: CLASSIK STUDIO REVERB IS THE "BE ALL END ALL" REVERB! 2006/03/08 07:09:19 (permalink)
ORIGINAL: no criminal intent

I dont understand why there is no demo version of the product. But without a demo version to play with under my own roof (and sounds), no way Im throwing out that much money.

amen Zumba - I listened what I could from their mp3's/cuts and it wasn't enough for me to spend the money. What little I heard (and to be honest there probably wasn't a fair test due to lack of demos) there was nothing there I couldn't reproduce with my Waves IR-L, TrueVerb or even Perfect Space.

Maybe if there was a full-blown demo people would see that it is a bit over-hyped. I mean I hope not - I hope for their sakes' and the muscians' sake that it is a really good one.

God bless
post edited by av1611 - 2006/03/08 07:16:12

Mat 11:28 Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.
mildew
  • Total Posts : 338
RE: CLASSIK STUDIO REVERB IS THE "BE ALL END ALL" REVERB! 2006/03/08 07:29:38 (permalink)
wizoo = teh 4567

m
ByronSanto
  • Total Posts : 247
RE: CLASSIK STUDIO REVERB IS THE "BE ALL END ALL" REVERB! 2006/03/08 08:25:18 (permalink)

Byron, I don't see the link anymore, but I heard your song. Very nice!!

Thanks, that song was recorded and mixed on my Roland recorders right before I made the switch to Sonar. The link is still there. It's on page one.
dougsyo
  • Total Posts : 209
RE: CLASSIK STUDIO REVERB IS THE "BE ALL END ALL" REVERB! 2006/03/08 10:04:41 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: Hans Van Even

Some time ago I would have said the same ... not anymore. IMHO IK should have gone with iLok instead of their own one.

Actually it's not their own dongle - it's the same Syncrosoft dongle that Steinberg, Arturia, Korg Legacy Edition Digital, etc are using.

IMHO it's far superior to ILOK just because ILOK comes from Pace, who has a lousy track record for quality on the whole.

But "no dongle" is superior to a Syncrosoft dongle.

Doug
attalus
RE: CLASSIK STUDIO REVERB IS THE "BE ALL END ALL" REVERB! 2006/03/08 11:13:03 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: av1611

ORIGINAL: no criminal intent

I dont understand why there is no demo version of the product. But without a demo version to play with under my own roof (and sounds), no way Im throwing out that much money.

amen Zumba - I listened what I could from their mp3's/cuts and it wasn't enough for me to spend the money. What little I heard (and to be honest there probably wasn't a fair test due to lack of demos) there was nothing there I couldn't reproduce with my Waves IR-L, TrueVerb or even Perfect Space.

Maybe if there was a full-blown demo people would see that it is a bit over-hyped. I mean I hope not - I hope for their sakes' and the muscians' sake that it is a really good one.

God bless

The demo's on ik multimedia website don't do the reverb justice. I find this reverb to not just be better then every reverb i've heard but better by a great deal.To me it is better then plate 140, trueverb,perfect space,masterverb,wizooverb etc by far.The algorithm is the silkiest i've heard, the ability to tailor the verb is incontrovertably better.I can give far better demo's then ik multimedia but no one will put them on a website for me. I can reveal the tail of the reverb in a very good way, aswell as the versatility.I would not speak this confident about this reverb if i where not sure, it is great and a great deal better then all i've heard in several ways.
Ik is going to release a demo soon so i hope many check it out even if only for the reason of proving me wrong. Most reverbs out here have some big flaw to them, or their just not all the way satisfying in sound or flexibility but this one is the one. Ik did not exagerate "it truly rivals EXPENSIVE hardware reverbs", there is no marketing hype on their website. i never liked dongles and i never owned any of ik's product cause i never cared alot for their company or products or dongles but this reverb is a mind changer and tells me i have no choice but to buy it if i want excellence... Top notch has it's price...I believe this reverb is a landmark creation in digital in the box reverbs, and will set a new standard.It is a ear trainer for it has showed me what high end is suppose to sound like. It can get as natural as convolution but more musical then the best digital reverbs out here, it's flexibility is unbelivable.I have many of the so called best verbs out here (wizooverb,dreamverb,plate 140,perfectspace,masterverb etc) and yes they are great verbs but by far CSR is better in beauty, silkiness,control,and diversity in sound to me and i'm quite sure many will share this belief once they truly evaluate it.I look forward to what time will tell most about this verb.
pdarg
Max Output Level: -52.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2265
RE: CLASSIK STUDIO REVERB IS THE "BE ALL END ALL" REVERB! 2006/03/08 11:50:46 (permalink)
Did we ever get some WAV samples posted?
attalus
RE: CLASSIK STUDIO REVERB IS THE "BE ALL END ALL" REVERB! 2006/03/08 12:09:40 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: pdarg

I have some vocal demo clips of CSR that i made, i also have demo clips of plate 140 and masterverb so we can have a real shoot out, i also have a unprocessed clip so others can do it their selves if they don't trust my results, but i need someone to upload them.Harmonygardens has some drum clips posted as well. I will make clips showing how the reverb sounds in light,medium, and heavy amounts in comparison to others, so that its silky tail can be heard.
If no one will upload for me then if you wish i'll personally email you the clips, but i'll have to cut them smaller because only 20 megs can be sent via email and each clip is 28.1 megs. i made them longer then the clips on ik's website so that they can reveal more.
pdarg
Max Output Level: -52.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2265
RE: CLASSIK STUDIO REVERB IS THE "BE ALL END ALL" REVERB! 2006/03/08 12:42:26 (permalink)
At this point, I do not have any hosting space.

Someone else?
hornplayer
Max Output Level: -70 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1024
RE: CLASSIK STUDIO REVERB IS THE "BE ALL END ALL" REVERB! 2006/03/08 13:24:10 (permalink)

I have some vocal demo clips of CSR that i made, i also have demo clips of plate 140 and masterverb so we can have a real shoot out, i also have a unprocessed clip so others can do it their selves if they don't trust my results, but i need someone to upload them.Harmonygardens has some drum clips posted as well. I will make clips showing how the reverb sounds in light,medium, and heavy amounts in comparison to others, so that its silky tail can be heard.
If no one will upload for me then if you wish i'll personally email you the clips, but i'll have to cut them smaller because only 20 megs can be sent via email and each clip is 28.1 megs. i made them longer then the clips on ik's website so that they can reveal more.

Maybe you could zip them together and put them up on YOUSENDIT.COM. You could probably just "send" the file to yourself, post the link, and others could download from there. I think they only keep stuff up for a few days, and there might be a download limit, but it would probably serve our purpose (unless someone volunteers!).

attalus
RE: CLASSIK STUDIO REVERB IS THE "BE ALL END ALL" REVERB! 2006/03/08 13:37:23 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: hornplayer

Maybe you could zip them together and put them up on YOUSENDIT.COM. You could probably just "send" the file to yourself, post the link, and others could download from there. I think they only keep stuff up for a few days, and there might be a download limit, but it would probably serve our purpose (unless someone volunteers!).

I'll check this out definitely, because i want people to hear it no doubt, i'll give it to someone to upload, i'll email it, heck i'll even hop on the greyhound bus and go to your state and hand deliver it.... I'll have to post more then one example of CSR so that many can get the best possible listen at it. Nothing is as good as haveing the actual demo plugin but i think i can reveal enough.

Page: < 12345.. > >> Showing page 2 of 7
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1