CLASSIK STUDIO REVERB IS THE "BE ALL END ALL" REVERB!

Page: 12345.. > >> Showing page 1 of 7
Author
attalus
Max Output Level: -58.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1687
2006/03/06 16:20:36 (permalink)

CLASSIK STUDIO REVERB IS THE "BE ALL END ALL" REVERB!

Ok you may not throw away all your reverbs to get this one when you hear it, but it is arguably the best,Most reverbs i use i find a fault or limitation with, not this one it truly has all the bases covered, it can go from transparent to dark color in the most natural way, from thick to thin in a non- artificial way with no unwanted artifacts.the tail "oh the tail" is EXTRA SILKY smooth.It to me sounds far more musical and smoother then convolution reverbs.It has the sound we're use to hearing on tracks from our favorite stars in the music industry. It has a easy and advanced mode, the advanced mode and the four different plugin units (plate,room,inverse, hall) allow for extreme versatility so all bases can be covered.
I have masterverb 5,plate140,WIZOOVERB,dreamverb,gigapulse,pristine space and to me it is better then all of them, and i have thought the world of masterverb,dreamverb,and wizoo, and still feel those to be great reverbs and still very beautiful in their own unique way but overall classik studio reverb is better to my ears.I would love to do a reverb shoot out, i'm pretty shure CSR would win, especially if i can upload more then one song file effected by it to show it's versatility.I just got it today and when i launched it and fiddled with it for about 15 seconds i imediatlely could tell i was dealing with a truely great reverb, one that TRULY RIVALS EXPENSIVE HARDWARE REVERBS USED IN THE MUSIC BIZ BY RENOWNED PROFESSIONALS.
But the best proof is in the pudding, someone email me a vocal track and i'll effect it with the various reverbs mentioned above and we can have a reverb shoot out.Although everyone always are going to have their own opinions about reverbs, for me personally this is the best i've heard, it is the "Legendary Philosophers stone".I'm pretty sure this reverb will be a big hit.It costs $349 at some stores, $319 at others, but go here to one of my favorite sellers named scitscat and you can get it for $249 (a $100 cheaper then others), Tell scitscat Attalus sent you and you may get it cheaper.I paid $240 no shipping charge.Scitscats ebay link-
http://cgi.ebay.com/IK-MULTIMEDIA-CSR-CLASSIK-STUDIO-REVERB-FREE-SHIP_W0QQitemZ7395745974QQcategoryZ41786QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

P.S. i'm sure when many hear this reverb they'll be saying the quest is over.And scitscat is the man for brand new software, he sells it for the price of used, but has a legitament store.Tell him Attalus sent you and you'll be taken care of.I always get great deals from him.I'll be waiting for a song file aswell!
post edited by attalus - 2006/03/06 19:52:24

181 Replies Related Threads

daverich
    Max Output Level: -41 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 3418
    RE: CLASSIK STUDIO REVERB IS THE "BE ALL END ALL" REVERB! 2006/03/06 16:26:15 (permalink)
    hows the cpu hit?

Kind regards

Dave Rich

For Sale - 10.5x7ft Whisperroom recording booth.

http://www.daverichband.com
    http://www.soundclick.com/daverich
    harmony gardens
    Max Output Level: -40.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 3490
    RE: CLASSIK STUDIO REVERB IS THE "BE ALL END ALL" REVERB 2006/03/06 16:27:39 (permalink)
    Hi Attalus,,, I got CSR and I have to totally agree. It's like ear candy!! It's so smooth and transparent, it's like it isn't there, till you turn it off, and you hear things without it. It's simply amazing. I got mine from eSoundz,,,

It is also very light on the CPU. About 4% here.

post edited by harmony gardens - 2006/03/06 16:33:25
    sghoughton
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 15
    RE: CLASSIK STUDIO REVERB IS THE "BE ALL END ALL" REVERB! 2006/03/06 16:30:06 (permalink)
    I'm very interested to hear this compared to masterverb which is my current favourite.

steve
    harmony gardens
    RE: CLASSIK STUDIO REVERB IS THE "BE ALL END ALL" REVERB! 2006/03/06 16:34:57 (permalink)
    We might as well get this out of the way, too. It's on a dongle.
    attalus
    RE: CLASSIK STUDIO REVERB IS THE "BE ALL END ALL" REVERB! 2006/03/06 16:36:36 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: daverich

hows the cpu hit?

Kind regards

Dave Rich

I got a 5 to 6% cpu hit, wich is a great deal better then convolution reverbs, but about twice as much cpu as masterverb.
    daverich
    Max Output Level: -41 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 3418
    RE: CLASSIK STUDIO REVERB IS THE "BE ALL END ALL" REVERB! 2006/03/06 16:37:19 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: harmony gardens

so -

wouldn't one be better off just buying a powercore?

I heard that the verb algos were by the same guy?

Kind regards

Dave Rich

For Sale - 10.5x7ft Whisperroom recording booth.

http://www.daverichband.com
    http://www.soundclick.com/daverich
    pdarg
    Max Output Level: -52.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2265
    RE: CLASSIK STUDIO REVERB IS THE "BE ALL END ALL" REVERB! 2006/03/06 16:39:59 (permalink)
    Didn't we already discuss this?

I am sure that we would all love a great reverb plug - my winners right now are Wizoo and PerfectSpace, but I am always looking for hardware quality.

However, if this new one requires a dongle, forget it. As explained earlier, it's simply unacceptable.

If someone posts some samples and they blow me away, I might consider it. Otherwise . . .

b3gsus@msn.com
    Max Output Level: -65 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1293
    RE: CLASSIK STUDIO REVERB IS THE "BE ALL END ALL" REVERB! 2006/03/06 16:44:17 (permalink)
    aswell!

Attalus,

Appreciate the heads up on that & will have to check it out,, If I could ask a huge favor, when you say, "As Well", please don't spell it aswell as it brings a memory of a Moron that was just overbearing with his flagrant piracy & I've seen you put those words together several times & I can't tell you how much that SOB irked my entire world!! Absolutely no offense from me to you, just a quirk in history that was blowing my mind that he was able to carry on as long as he did! Again, thanks for the "heads up" I will check it out! Thank You, Wildman

Wildman,,aka,,,"Nick Danger"
    Studiocat Core2Quad Q9550 w/P45 Cset XP-Pro Sonar Pro 8, 2 FF 800, Wclock, Avalon VT-737, Focusrite V Master,Eureka, 2-LA-4s, Neumann U87,TLM-103,Rode NTK,MCU,Event SP8s, DynAudio BM5As VS-2480 4 DA88
    2-Mackie 24/8buss
    attalus
    RE: CLASSIK STUDIO REVERB IS THE "BE ALL END ALL" REVERB! 2006/03/06 16:44:29 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: sghoughton

I'm very interested to hear this compared to masterverb which is my current favourite.

steve

Masterverb has been one of my favorites for a while and it is still a dynamite reverb, But Classik Studio Reverb easily changed my mind, it is less digital sounding then masterverb, its sound is very natural.It's like taking the naturalness and beautiful tail from convolution reverb and mixing it with the musicality of masterverb, aswell as adding a unparralleled flexibility to the mix.It is that sound you know you've been missing.I don't wanna hype things but it is VEEEERRRY good!
    b3gsus@msn.com
    Max Output Level: -65 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1293
    RE: CLASSIK STUDIO REVERB IS THE "BE ALL END ALL" REVERB! 2006/03/06 16:45:41 (permalink)
    However, if this new one requires a dongle, forget it. As explained earlier, it's simply unacceptable.

I HEARD THAT!!!

Wildman,,aka,,,"Nick Danger"
    Studiocat Core2Quad Q9550 w/P45 Cset XP-Pro Sonar Pro 8, 2 FF 800, Wclock, Avalon VT-737, Focusrite V Master,Eureka, 2-LA-4s, Neumann U87,TLM-103,Rode NTK,MCU,Event SP8s, DynAudio BM5As VS-2480 4 DA88
    2-Mackie 24/8buss
    attalus
    RE: CLASSIK STUDIO REVERB IS THE "BE ALL END ALL" REVERB! 2006/03/06 16:48:04 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: b3gsus@msn.com

aswell!

Attalus,

Appreciate the heads up on that & will have to check it out,, If I could ask a huge favor, when you say, "As Well", please don't spell it aswell as it brings a memory of a Moron that was just overbearing with his flagrant piracy & I've seen you put those words together several times & I can't tell you how much that SOB irked my entire world!! Absolutely no offense from me to you, just a quirk in history that was blowing my mind that he was able to carry on as long as he did! Again, thanks for the "heads up" I will check it out! Thank You, Wildman

I'll try to remember to spell it as well for you if it bothers you.But know that that's hard for me to do because i write out of habbit, but i have no problem with trying!
    attalus
    RE: CLASSIK STUDIO REVERB IS THE "BE ALL END ALL" REVERB! 2006/03/06 16:58:46 (permalink)

Yes the old dongle dilemma, I don't likem but it was well worth it for me to buy the reverb tho, as a matter of fact i'd use 3 dongles at once to get "that sound".But i understand why many would'nt want any products with dongles as well,it's a serious decision to make on whether we "to dongle or not to dongle".
    post edited by attalus - 2006/03/06 17:04:48
    attalus
    RE: CLASSIK STUDIO REVERB IS THE "BE ALL END ALL" REVERB! 2006/03/06 17:05:56 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: daverich

so -

wouldn't one be better off just buying a powercore?

I heard that the verb algos were by the same guy?

Kind regards

Dave Rich

I have not heard the reverbs on powercore, but would'nt buying a powercore be more expensive? And being this reverb is comprehensive as it is even a reverb with the same alorithms may not compete as well if it does'nt have all the parameters as CSR. CSR specializes in letting you tailor according to your needs, all the way down to the most subtle details.
    harmony gardens
    RE: CLASSIK STUDIO REVERB IS THE "BE ALL END ALL" REVERB! 2006/03/06 17:25:54 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: attalus

Yes the old dongle dilemma, I don't likem but it was well worth it for me to buy the reverb tho, as a matter of fact i'd use 3 dongles at once to get "that sound".But i understand why many would'nt want any products with dongles as well,it's a serious decision to make on whether we "to dongle or not to dongle".

Right, a tired old argument. It's just that i got taken through the ringer on the Studio ProFiles thread, and full disclosure is going to be a passion of mine for a while...

I'm not as expirenced in reverbs as you are Att,, I'm more a turn key sort of guy. You've pointed out that it's very feature rich. I haven't even scratched the surface on that. I am just here to basically say,,, WOW,, this baby sounds awesome!!
    post edited by harmony gardens - 2006/03/06 17:32:50
    attalus
    RE: CLASSIK STUDIO REVERB IS THE "BE ALL END ALL" REVERB! 2006/03/06 19:43:43 (permalink)

Right, a tired old argument. It's just that i got taken through the ringer on the Studio ProFiles thread, and full disclosure is going to be a passion of mine for a while...

I'm not as expirenced in reverbs as you are Att,, I'm more a turn key sort of guy. You've pointed out that it's very feature rich. I haven't even scratched the surface on that. I am just here to basically say,,, WOW,, this baby sounds awesome!!

I have not scratched the surface yet, for i just got the CSR yesterday, It will take me a longtime to learn it because it has far more parameters then the typical reverb plugin (when going into advanced mode), But as far as it's sound quality i think anyone can recognize how great it is if they listen to it. We all are fooled at times thinking a plugin is very good but then the moment we hear better all of our beliefs and standards change, that is what happened when i first heard masterverb, that is what happened when i heard Classik Studio Reverb.But i had a lot to compare CSR to-to be pretty sure of its greatness. I took a serious gamble because this product has no demo, i'm glaaad i did, and hope those who do eventually buy give their imput aswell, whether they agree or not, but i'm also confident most will love this reverb, because for me it stood ahead of the pack at a good distance in various ways. And i don't think many will need a bionic ear or a masters degree to tell how good this verb is.
    post edited by attalus - 2006/03/06 19:49:42
    pdarg
    Max Output Level: -52.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2265
    RE: CLASSIK STUDIO REVERB IS THE "BE ALL END ALL" REVERB! 2006/03/06 21:40:39 (permalink)
    Um . . . samples?

Really guys, I WANT to believe!

Consider my skepticism a healthy counterpoint.
    Susan G
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 12016
    RE: CLASSIK STUDIO REVERB IS THE "BE ALL END ALL" REVERB! 2006/03/06 23:45:52 (permalink)
    Hi attalus-
    I took a serious gamble because this product has no demo

I'm just curious (and jealous, no doubt!), but how do you guys make this kind of commitment without knowing what it sounds like beforehand? $249.00 isn't a trivial amount (is it?). With no demo, did you go by reviews or word-of-mouth, or...?

Thanks-

-Susan

2.30 gigahertz Intel Core i7-3610QM; 16 GB RAM
    Windows 10 x64; NI Komplete Audio 6.
    SONAR Platinum (Lexington) x64
    harmony gardens
    RE: CLASSIK STUDIO REVERB IS THE "BE ALL END ALL" REVERB! 2006/03/07 00:22:45 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: Susan G

Hi attalus-

I'm just curious (and jealous, no doubt!), but how do you guys make this kind of commitment without knowing what it sounds like beforehand? $249.00 isn't a trivial amount (is it?). With no demo, did you go by reviews or word-of-mouth, or...?

Thanks-

-Susan

Well, for my part, Squids has been talking about this a lot over at KVR. Also, I listened to the samples. I'm also a Platinum member at eSoundz, so I got a pretty great deal on it. I was thinking about getting the Plate Reverb for my UAD, but I kind of have a love/hate thing with my UAD, and thought,,, well, for just a little more, I can get a Plate Reverb, and the these other ones. This is without a doubt at LEAST as good as the UAD stuff, if not better.

attalus
    RE: CLASSIK STUDIO REVERB IS THE "BE ALL END ALL" REVERB! 2006/03/07 01:24:46 (permalink)

Hi attalus-

Thanks-

-Susan

I listened to the song clips on ik multimedia forum about a thousand times, aswell as talked to others who had it, aswell as read reviews, the clips i listened to was the strongest (but still not good as a demo plugin) and gave me the best idea of its quality. And no $249 is by far not trivial for i used credit card because i could not afford it at the moment.
    attalus
    RE: CLASSIK STUDIO REVERB IS THE "BE ALL END ALL" REVERB! 2006/03/07 01:27:01 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: pdarg

Um . . . samples?

Really guys, I WANT to believe!

Consider my skepticism a healthy counterpoint.

Do you have a vocal sample i could effect with various reverbs for a shoot out?
    harmony gardens
    RE: CLASSIK STUDIO REVERB IS THE "BE ALL END ALL" REVERB! 2006/03/07 01:49:26 (permalink)
    $249.00 isn't a trivial amount (is it?).

At the risk of appearing to be a "minion" here's a secret link for you Susan.

http://www.esoundz.com/details/viewDetails.php?ProductID=1343
    Susan G
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 12016
    RE: CLASSIK STUDIO REVERB IS THE "BE ALL END ALL" REVERB! 2006/03/07 02:09:43 (permalink)
    here's a secret link for you Susan.

I promise I won't tell a soul.

Thanks, HG & attalus-

-Susan

2.30 gigahertz Intel Core i7-3610QM; 16 GB RAM
    Windows 10 x64; NI Komplete Audio 6.
    SONAR Platinum (Lexington) x64
    attalus
    RE: CLASSIK STUDIO REVERB IS THE "BE ALL END ALL" REVERB! 2006/03/07 02:13:10 (permalink)

Hi attalus-

Thanks-

-Susan

Well, for my part, Squids has been talking about this a lot over at KVR. Also, I listened to the samples. I'm also a Platinum member at eSoundz, so I got a pretty great deal on it. I was thinking about getting the Plate Reverb for my UAD, but I kind of have a love/hate thing with my UAD, and thought,,, well, for just a little more, I can get a Plate Reverb, and the these other ones. This is without a doubt at LEAST as good as the UAD stuff, if not better.

To me it truly sounds better then plate 140,its liked you posted earlier you can put CSR on so light that you almost don't know its there, but when you take it off you will notice that the big room is gone.And the algorithm is the SILKIEST i've heard. but even if others say it only sounds as good as plate 140, the control that CSR has is incontrovertibly unparralleled, plate 140 is VERY limited in control compared to CSR.I am far from knowing how to operate this monster but i can tell from toying with it there is alot of tailoring capability. I'll be glad to effect some samples either for shoot out or just to let others hear how it is, because hearing it is the only proof. But also, there will be a demo on ik multimedia's website very soon, until then many can do some reading as well as listen to clips hear- www.classikstudioreverb.com
    post edited by attalus - 2006/03/07 09:55:01
    harmony gardens
    RE: CLASSIK STUDIO REVERB IS THE "BE ALL END ALL" REVERB! 2006/03/07 02:22:10 (permalink)
    np Susan. It is a few bucks, but really, you get 4 nice verbs. That comes out to $62.50 per reverb, if you pay $250. That's not bad IMHO.

The main problem I had with the UAD stuff,,, besides the lingering pain of the aggravation I had with installing it, was that UAD verbs take a lot of UAD juice. I don't want to go through adding a second card. lol I think with the CPU I'm getting with these, it makes them all the more useful.
    attalus
    RE: CLASSIK STUDIO REVERB IS THE "BE ALL END ALL" REVERB! 2006/03/07 02:29:10 (permalink)

np Susan. It is a few bucks, but really, you get 4 nice verbs. That comes out to $62.50 per reverb, if you pay $250. That's not bad IMHO.

The main problem I had with the UAD stuff,,, besides the lingering pain of the aggravation I had with installing it, was that UAD verbs take a lot of UAD juice. I don't want to go through adding a second card. lol I think with the CPU I'm getting with these, it makes them all the more useful.

Also know that my hook up person scitscat sells crossgrades of CSR for $219. And would've sold me the crossgrade for $189 but i did'nt qualify. To be elible for crossgrade one only needs to own one out of a few of the other products by ikmultimedia, i'm sure maany meet that qualification.
    Gk in Singapore
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 37
    RE: CLASSIK STUDIO REVERB IS THE "BE ALL END ALL" REVERB! 2006/03/07 08:02:20 (permalink)
    OOoooo baby..those demo sounds sound sweet!

Vocals for me are hubba hubba.

So between this Verb, Miroslav and Amplitube 2, I wonder if HP will organise a direct debit out of my pay for the next 12 months direct to IK?!

Sonar 5 | Intel P4 3.2 FSB 800 |2gb DDR 667| WD 250gb SataII | Dual 19" LCD| Focusrite Saffire | Lexicon - JoeMeek - DBX - Alesis outboard | Rode NT2 - K2 | MusicMan Luke/Axis - Peavey EVH - Strat - Tele - Taylor 514ce | Warwick Corvette | BFD | UAD1
    attalus
    RE: CLASSIK STUDIO REVERB IS THE "BE ALL END ALL" REVERB! 2006/03/07 10:47:05 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: Gk in Singapore

OOoooo baby..those demo sounds sound sweet!

Vocals for me are hubba hubba.

So between this Verb, Miroslav and Amplitube 2, I wonder if HP will organise a direct debit out of my pay for the next 12 months direct to IK?!

The samples on their site is good but even they don't do the reverb justice, if no one gives me a vocal sample i'll eventually create my own and figure out a way for others on this site to hear them. In the end i love to see musicians buy the right gear rather then buy stuff that will only keep you unsatisfied in the end, and i consider this reverb to be right. I bought many reverbs in the past and in recent times and none did'nt quite satisfy me all the way, and many i regret buying, and all in all i spent alot of unnecessary money trying to find the right one, or thinking at first one is the right one only to discover it is'nt later. so yes i'd like to prevent others from making those mistakes, And i only wish someone would do the same for me.
    I compare the algorithm of this reverb to others and the others sound rough, this baby is silky smooth.My brother layed down a hip hop track yesterday and we put the reverb on his hook, it sat his vocal right in the mix better then the other verbs, and made that hook the smoothest part of the song, on his main verses we used masterverb but could not use it by itself we had to chain it with voxiformer for presence and clarity, it sounded good but not as good as the hook.
    Do not misread me however, i state that for me personally it is better then masterverb,wizooverb,plate 140, dreamverb etc etc and i believe it is, and i believe the majority will believe this once CSR is fully heard. but all those other reverbs are still great reverbs and worth buying, but if i had to choose i'd get CSR first.But each of those reverbs have their own personality that CSR can't duplicate and are beautiful in there own way.So to sum it up, to be the "be all end all" you'd probably have to be able to sound like all, and CSR does'nt do that. To be the best the majority of reverb users have to agree, i believe CSR will prove to be this!
    ByronSanto
    Max Output Level: -86 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 247
    RE: CLASSIK STUDIO REVERB IS THE "BE ALL END ALL" REVERB! 2006/03/07 10:54:51 (permalink)

The samples on their site is good but even they don't do the reverb justice, if no one gives me a vocal sample i'll eventually create my own and figure out a way for others on this site to hear them. In the end i love to see musicians buy the right gear rather then buy stuff that will only keep you unsatisfied in the end, and i consider this reverb to be right.

I could send you the lead vocal track for my latest original titled No More Denying
    attalus
    RE: CLASSIK STUDIO REVERB IS THE "BE ALL END ALL" REVERB! 2006/03/07 11:18:01 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: ByronSanto

The samples on their site is good but even they don't do the reverb justice, if no one gives me a vocal sample i'll eventually create my own and figure out a way for others on this site to hear them. In the end i love to see musicians buy the right gear rather then buy stuff that will only keep you unsatisfied in the end, and i consider this reverb to be right.

I could send you the lead vocal track for my latest original titled No More Denying

You sent me a whole track that needed to be launched threw itunes player, i was hopeing for just a wave file with just vocals and no beat, but i believe i have a vocal track i can use of my own, its from my celtic sample cd, and it's the lovely voice of a irish woman who i love to listen to at times. Give me a few hours to prepare it.Also i need someone who can post it because i don't no how to upload music on the internet.
    Page: 12345.. > >> Showing page 1 of 7
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1