Helpful ReplyCakewalk Announces Simpler SONAR Prices

Page: << < ..67 > Showing page 6 of 7
Author
chuckebaby
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 13146
Re: Cakewalk Announces Simpler SONAR Prices 2017/05/02 02:12:29 (permalink)
They stole my MP3 encoder, they made me pay monthly and now my cat is pregnant.
Im going back to Audacity.

Windows 8.1 X64 Sonar Platinum x64
Custom built: Asrock z97 1150 - Intel I7 4790k - 16GB corsair DDR3 1600 - PNY SSD 220GB
Focusrite Saffire 18I8 - Mackie Control

pbognar
Max Output Level: -76 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 720
Re: Cakewalk Announces Simpler SONAR Prices 2017/05/02 20:08:56 (permalink)
Alex Westner [Cakewalk]
dreamist
What about X3 Producer owners? Will they no longer be able to upgrade?

Any customer can upgrade at any time, but starting May 1, 2017 we'll no longer offer special discounts to customers on older versions of SONAR, including X3 Producer.

Silly me. My last upgrade was to X3 Producer. I promised myself in the future, I would only upgrade if there were improvements to SV or something like chord track were implemented. There weren't and I didn't. So, as of May 1st, if those features would finally arrive, I would have to pay full price. At least I know where I stand.
matt fresha
Max Output Level: -87 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 168
Re: Cakewalk Announces Simpler SONAR Prices 2017/05/02 22:23:45 (permalink)
I need clarification because I'm not so sure that the Shop is showing me the correct prices.

First off, I rented to own Sonar Platinum when the membership model first started. A year later, I paid for a whole year in a one-time-payment. So I own Sonar Platinum. But the shop is telling me that if I want to continue my membership, I have to pay full price for either the one time payment ($499) or monthly ($49.99).

Is this correct? This is a very wild jump if it is.....
the0x
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 7
Re: Cakewalk Announces Simpler SONAR Prices 2017/05/03 03:19:32 (permalink)
Vern C
I need clarification because I'm not so sure that the Shop is showing me the correct prices.

First off, I rented to own Sonar Platinum when the membership model first started. A year later, I paid for a whole year in a one-time-payment. So I own Sonar Platinum. But the shop is telling me that if I want to continue my membership, I have to pay full price for either the one time payment ($499) or monthly ($49.99).

Is this correct? This is a very wild jump if it is.....

Saying the same for me... My membership lapsed in Feb.
scook
Forum Host
  • Total Posts : 24146
Re: Cakewalk Announces Simpler SONAR Prices 2017/05/03 03:26:37 (permalink)
Until the store is updated, contact Cakewalk directly they can handle this for you see this thread http://forum.cakewalk.com/FindPost/3600646
Ryan Munnis [Cakewalk]
Administrator
  • Total Posts : 1067
Re: Cakewalk Announces Simpler SONAR Prices 2017/05/03 17:04:13 (permalink)
Hi Folks,

If you're looking to renew/upgrade head on over to http://www.cakewalk.com/Products/SONAR/Renew

It'll handle any applicable discounts for your unique situation.

Sorry for any confusion guys!

-Ryan

Ryan Munnis
Cakewalk
carlosigls
  • Total Posts : 8
Re: Cakewalk Announces Simpler SONAR Prices 2017/05/03 18:17:20 (permalink)
Ryan Munnis [Cakewalk]
Hi Folks,

If you're looking to renew/upgrade head on over to 

It'll handle any applicable discounts for your unique situation.

Sorry for any confusion guys!

-Ryan

250 $ for a year? I'm sorry, but my trip with Sonar is over.
Anderton
  • Total Posts : 14070
Re: Cakewalk Announces Simpler SONAR Prices 2017/05/03 18:31:29 (permalink)
carlosigls

250 $ for a year?

Actually, no. Aside from Cakewalk saying specials would be offered from time to time, if you skip a year (remember, the software keeps working, this isn't a subscription) your cost goes down to $125 a year. 

It's all about choice. If there's some spectacular feature you absolutely have to have right now, you'll pay the full price. If you wait for a special, you'll pay less. If you want for a year, you'll pay even less. 

The first 3 books in "The Musician's Guide to Home Recording" series are available from Hal Leonard and http://www.reverb.com. Listen to my music on http://www.YouTube.com/thecraiganderton, and visit http://www.craiganderton.com. Thanks!
carlosigls
Re: Cakewalk Announces Simpler SONAR Prices 2017/05/03 19:33:44 (permalink)
Anderton
carlosigls

250 $ for a year?

Actually, no. Aside from Cakewalk saying specials would be offered from time to time, if you skip a year (remember, the software keeps working, this isn't a subscription) your cost goes down to $125 a year. 

It's all about choice. If there's some spectacular feature you absolutely have to have right now, you'll pay the full price. If you wait for a special, you'll pay less. If you want for a year, you'll pay even less. 

I follow this link  in my case I would have to pay 250$. I'll wait for a special.
carlosigls
Re: Cakewalk Announces Simpler SONAR Prices 2017/05/03 19:36:46 (permalink)
azslow3
Max Output Level: -42.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3297
Re: Cakewalk Announces Simpler SONAR Prices 2017/05/03 19:42:15 (permalink)
Anderton
carlosigls250 $ for a year?

Except your explanation that SPlat was never primary money source, I must admit that for me that "prices simplification" is simplified the marketing down to the level I no longer understand how that can work at all
a) who was on-board and has payed every time, has Lifetime by now
b) harvesting by LE versions coming with some hardware (like me and I remember some other) is also out of equation (f.e. US-2x2 is still listen in retails with X3 LE, not eligible for reduced price,  unlike also included Live Lite...)
c) who was still waiting with X3 are out
d) continuous membership bring no benefits (no special upgrade price this year, even increased now, no "loyal" members bonus mentioned in the model). Even you a kind of recommend  "wait for some spectacular feature", which in turn means something worse $250 (the price comparable with cross-grading to new platform) or waiting for some "special action"
e) "coming soon" could help (d), so the price could be justified by something existing plus interesting coming features, but it is not there and what "soon" means in practice have proved to be undefined.

I am not criticizing nor begging for something. I am just curious 

Sonar 8LE -> Platinum infinity, REAPER, Windows 10 pro
GA-EP35-DS3L, E7500, 4GB, GTX 1050 Ti, 2x500GB
RME Babyface Pro (M-Audio Audiophile Firewire/410, VS-20), Kawai CN43, TD-11, Roland A500S, Akai MPK Mini, Keystation Pro, etc.
www.azslow.com - Control Surface Integration Platform for SONAR, ReaCWP, AOSC and other accessibility tools
Anderton
Re: Cakewalk Announces Simpler SONAR Prices 2017/05/03 21:46:57 (permalink)
azslow3a) who was on-board and has payed every time, has Lifetime by now

That is a certain percentage for sure, but new people buy Platinum, and Artist and Pro users still upgrade their programs or in some cases, upgrade to Platinum. It helps that Windows is having a resurgence, because it's creating more interest in Windows DAWs, and that benefits SONAR.

b) harvesting by LE versions coming with some hardware (like me and I remember some other) is also out of equation (f.e. US-2x2 is still listen in retails with X3 LE, not eligible for reduced price,  unlike also included Live Lite...)

SONAR has never had a strong presence in interface bundles because it's not cross-platform. The pairing of X3 LE and Live Lite for the TASCAM interfaces was a deal I helped facilitate because of my connections with Cakewalk, TASCAM, and Ableton but that kind of deal is an exception.

c) who was still waiting with X3 are out

I suspect that if they didn't get lifetime updates and they didn't update during the window when cheaper upgrade prices were still in effect, they're not going to upgrade.

d) continuous membership bring no benefits (no special upgrade price this year, even increased now, no "loyal" members bonus mentioned in the model).

I think there will be benefits, just like how someone who re-subscribes to a magazine gets a special deal if they continue their subscription. Granted that's just how I would do things, but it's a pretty universal concept so I suspect Cakewalk would be thinking along the same lines.

e) "coming soon" could help (d), so the price could be justified by something existing plus interesting coming features, but it is not there and what "soon" means in practice have proved to be undefined.

Well, it's a bit of a chicken-and-egg situation, isn't it? Everyone has their "wish list" but they'd prefer not to have to pay to have those wishes implemented. If Cakewalk can fill more items on the wish list, and people aren't willing to pay for it, then that would be a problem. But if by paying $100 I could have ripple editing right now, I'd do it. Looking back, if ripple editing appears soon, I would personally consider $250 for plug-in load balancing, the PRV updates, transform tool, and ripple editing worth it.

Of course I understand not everyone has the same priorities, so those updates might not be worth $250 to them. I am speaking only for myself, and not as a hobbyist for whom $250 might seem excessive but as someone who depends on SONAR to make a living.

The first 3 books in "The Musician's Guide to Home Recording" series are available from Hal Leonard and http://www.reverb.com. Listen to my music on http://www.YouTube.com/thecraiganderton, and visit http://www.craiganderton.com. Thanks!
ampfixer
Max Output Level: -20 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 5508
Re: Cakewalk Announces Simpler SONAR Prices 2017/05/03 21:55:19 (permalink)
Anderton
carlosigls

250 $ for a year?

What nonsense. Following this logic I a person could wait 5 years to renew and the annual cost would only be $50. What are they putting in your water cooler Craig? Why not wait 10 years and get it for $2.50/year?

LOOK UP. THERE'S A STUPID MATH ERROR.
post edited by ampfixer - 2017/05/04 04:47:51

Regards, John 
 I want to make it clear that I am an Eedjit. I have no direct, or indirect, knowledge of business, the music industry, forum threads or the meaning of life. I know about amps.
WIN 10 Pro X64, I7-3770k 16 gigs, ASUS Z77 pro, AMD 7950 3 gig,  Steinberg UR44, A-Pro 500, Sonar Platinum, KRK Rokit 6 
The Grim
  • Total Posts : 724
Re: Cakewalk Announces Simpler SONAR Prices 2017/05/03 22:15:43 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby SquireBum 2017/05/03 22:22:31
ampfixer

What nonsense. Following this logic I a person could wait 5 years to renew and the annual cost would only be $50. What are they putting in your water cooler Craig? Why not wait 10 years and get it for $2.50/year?

because to get it for $2.50/year you would have to wait 100 years
Anderton
Re: Cakewalk Announces Simpler SONAR Prices 2017/05/03 22:40:02 (permalink)
ampfixer
What nonsense. Following this logic I a person could wait 5 years to renew and the annual cost would only be $50.

Correct. You would pay $250, yet get five years' worth of updates. That works out to $50 a year.

It's not nonsense. It's math.

ampfixer
Re: Cakewalk Announces Simpler SONAR Prices 2017/05/04 05:08:21 (permalink)
I get what you're saying, and yes I look dumb with the math error. However, the annual renewal fee is what it is. Delaying the purchase does not change its price and it IS nonsense to think otherwise. When you buy something it has certain features. You pay to have those features. But if those features don't work, or get broken by subsequent updates, Then what? You have to keep buying in to protect your investment. 

The continuous update model has a lot going for it but there are some drawbacks. One thing I've noticed is that no 3rd parties seem to be putting out guides or instructional material for those that want it. No Garrigus books, nothing from Groove 3 or SWA since the X series. By the time they create something it's going to be out of date. Those materials took some of the load off Cakewalk and helped others make a living. Now Cakewalk is the only one that can do it. They dominate a market they can't service right now.

Regards, John 
 I want to make it clear that I am an Eedjit. I have no direct, or indirect, knowledge of business, the music industry, forum threads or the meaning of life. I know about amps.
WIN 10 Pro X64, I7-3770k 16 gigs, ASUS Z77 pro, AMD 7950 3 gig,  Steinberg UR44, A-Pro 500, Sonar Platinum, KRK Rokit 6 
Kamikaze
Max Output Level: -45 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3013
Re: Cakewalk Announces Simpler SONAR Prices 2017/05/04 08:26:14 (permalink)
From their recent posts in the release thread. It's seems they are 'hoping' that we as users do this job for them. But it doesn't work for each latest release as they know what it can do and we don't have the insight.

I feel a total disconnect to the company, and have for a long time. If I hadn't of taken the lifetime membership, then what I would have received from Jan 2016-17 would have just felt OK. The biggest thing for me was Theme editor, and in the end that just felt dumped an stranded and with little to no response from Cakewalk. It still has work to be done, but it had nothing.

Meanwhile we have about three years of feature requests that are basically ignored adding to my disillusionment, and faith that the new features you expect from the 'membership' will ever pull from them. And so the term 'Mebership' adds to the insult, as I don't feel I am a member of anything, I just have paid for Sonar, I am no closer.

I'm glad I've got membership,because I don't want to give them anymore money and feel dejected about what I feel I should be getting as a "member'.

I think their marketing sucks and their excuse that 'we only have a small marketing team' sucks too.

GaryWalker
Max Output Level: -88 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 144
Re: Cakewalk Announces Simpler SONAR Prices 2017/05/04 11:34:04 (permalink)
£210 to renew Platinum? That's a 33% increase on what the price was up until recently. Yikes!

How is this justifiable?

Cheers,
Gary.

Current configuration:
Core i3 Laptop / 8GB RAM; Sonar Platinum (replaced with REAPER); Roland Quad Capture interface; Alesis Micron; Roland XP30; Akai Mini MPK; Akai S2000
Anderton
Re: Cakewalk Announces Simpler SONAR Prices 2017/05/04 15:31:13 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby Brando 2017/05/04 17:50:54
ampfixer
I get what you're saying, and yes I look dumb with the math error. However, the annual renewal fee is what it is. Delaying the purchase does not change its price and it IS nonsense to think otherwise.

But that's the way it works for all software companies - except they charge more than Cakewalk. For example, if you go from DAW 7.0 to DAW 8.0, there will be an upgrade fee. If you go from DAW 7.0 to DAW 10.0, you'll probably pay a higher fee than going from DAW 7.0 to DAW 8.0. But with Cakewalk, if you go from DAW 7.0 to DAW 10.0, you don't pay any more than you would for the update from DAW 7.0 to DAW 8.0 - but I'd bet the user who paid to take another company's DAW from DAW 7.0 to DAW 8.0 to DAW 9.0 to DAW 10.0 ended up paying a LOT more than 50% of the original price. John I know you're a smart guy, but I don't see how it's possible to see this very obvious advantage to the consumer as "nonsense."

When you buy something it has certain features. You pay to have those features. But if those features don't work, or get broken by subsequent updates, Then what? You have to keep buying in to protect your investment.

That is also true of any software. If you buy DAW 7.0 as given above and it has problems, unless all issues are fixed in point updates (highly unlikely), you'll have to keep updating to "protect your investment." In fact the Adobe/Pro Tools subscription model mandates it.

The continuous update model has a lot going for it but there are some drawbacks. One thing I've noticed is that no 3rd parties seem to be putting out guides or instructional material for those that want it.

This is one reason why the eZine is being brought back. But about books in general...I used to make some nice $$ by writing third-party books. I stopped a long time ago because it's impossible to make money on these kind of books. Assume software that updates once every year, which is not that uncommon. Of those 12 months, you have a window of maybe 6 months for sales. The first 3 months of the 12 months is finishing up the book and getting it distributed. The last 3 months, no one wants to buy the book because there have been point upgrades and maybe even hints about the next version that's coming out.

The Grim
Re: Cakewalk Announces Simpler SONAR Prices 2017/05/04 15:47:21 (permalink)
Anderton

But that's the way it works for all software companies - except they charge more than Cakewalk. For example, if you go from DAW 7.0 to DAW 8.0, there will be an upgrade fee.

not exactly true (maybe a small thing i know, but still) reaper for example, you buy in at the start of version 5 for $60, you will get all updates for version 5 and all updates for version 6, it is not an unheard of to get more than 2 years and even up to 3 from when you brought in before you need pay again. they are not exactly on a yearly cycle for versions, when it happens it happens
ampfixer
Re: Cakewalk Announces Simpler SONAR Prices 2017/05/04 16:10:50 (permalink)
Some very valid points. I think we can all agree that what Cakewalk is doing is far better than the Avid approach. I have used tethered systems in the past. The actual software resides off-site and you access it via an annual $20k annual licensing fee. Only the biggest companies can afford to use it.

I feel any DAW that goes down this road will only be of use to people that can write off the annual cost as a business expense. Maybe that's the crux of the problem. When you straddle the market of professional and amateur you get the constraints of both worlds to deal with. 

I wish I could help you guys sort it out. Good discussion.

Regards, John 
Anderton
Re: Cakewalk Announces Simpler SONAR Prices 2017/05/04 17:58:51 (permalink)
I think another important point that's consistently overlooked is that the 50% off price is equivalent to the MSRP. Cakewalk has stated unambiguously there will be specials from time to time. People don't say "Well I'm not buying a Gretsch guitar" because when they introduce the guitar the company quotes the list price.

Also, companies are subject to market realities, and make adjustments. When Apple first dropped the price of Logic to $199, they said that updates would require buying the program again due to the low price. That's not how it turned out at all. 

The onus is on Cakewalk to produce updates that are so compelling people feel the price is justified. To me this is an extremely consumer-centric approach. 

The Grim

not exactly true (maybe a small thing i know, but still

Okay...instead of all software companies, MOST software companies (and NO software company that was birthed from a $500 million sale of Winamp to AOL ).

azslow3
Max Output Level: -42.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3297
Re: Cakewalk Announces Simpler SONAR Prices 2017/05/04 20:40:31 (permalink)
Anderton
Of course I understand not everyone has the same priorities, so those updates might not be worth $250 to them. I am speaking only for myself, and not as a hobbyist for whom $250 might seem excessive but as someone who depends on SONAR to make a living.

ampfixer
I feel any DAW that goes down this road will only be of use to people that can write off the annual cost as a business expense. Maybe that's the crux of the problem. When you straddle the market of professional and amateur you get the constraints of both worlds to deal with. 

I also think that is one of real questions. How Sonar Platinum should be perceived?
I have no problem to buy a sever for $4k, the same day I feel I need it. I have bought my last notebook in a hurry. After several months using it I have not configure its GTX card (one of its expensive parts) and I probably will never do. But all that AT WORK...
At the same time $200 to upgrade something in my home PC is much more complicated decision for me. And not because I have no money.

I have no experience with professional music studios. Outside music, $1000 per year for a software someone use every day AT WORK is nothing in general. One man, with one computer in one room cost 10 times  more per month.

For many years Sonar was a very attractive hobby package. With all things included, "bonuses", "extra", "actions", etc. And here the price difference $100-$250 is significant. No extra, not bonuses etc. also.

I mean if someone buy a PC for $2000, an audio interface for another $2000 and surface yet another $1000-$2000. Guitar for $1000-$3000, a piano for $3000-$15000-$50000. Does it matter how much primary intended software cost, when it is in range $100-$500?

If Sonar is in this segment, I am ready to take my previous worries back. Make it $1000 pro year and that will work.

But from all discussion, question about $100 or $300 interface, most sales are from MusicCreator / HomeStudio, etc. I conclude it make no sense to reference Adobe/Avid/Oracle/SAP/Apple/etc when speaking about Cakewalk prices.
Note that I do not mean features, bugs or quality. I personally use Open Office (while I have MS Office), MySQL (while sometimes have to access Oracle) and temporarily install consumer grade disks into RAIDs. And I had to deal with very expensive and extremely buggy commercial software... The problem is THE LABEL. "Other software" has managed to put itself into the place where the price no longer matter.

Sonar 8LE -> Platinum infinity, REAPER, Windows 10 pro
GA-EP35-DS3L, E7500, 4GB, GTX 1050 Ti, 2x500GB
RME Babyface Pro (M-Audio Audiophile Firewire/410, VS-20), Kawai CN43, TD-11, Roland A500S, Akai MPK Mini, Keystation Pro, etc.
www.azslow.com - Control Surface Integration Platform for SONAR, ReaCWP, AOSC and other accessibility tools
The Grim
Re: Cakewalk Announces Simpler SONAR Prices 2017/05/04 21:26:21 (permalink)
Anderton

Okay...instead of all software companies, MOST software companies (and NO software company that was birthed from a $500 million sale of Winamp to AOL ).

that's better, and you could change the charging 'more' bit as well, but hey . . . i know how you like facts, and you often jump in to correct people who you think are reporting things as fact when they are not, thought you might appreciate it. please don't go stating things as fact, including emphasis, when they are indeed not fact, but false (sound familiar'ish )

Anderton

(and NO software company that was birthed from a $500 million sale of Winamp to AOL ).

you always bring that up, but it's just an excuse, just like drag racer (a) always saying he has less backing than drag racer (b), it's not even relevant at the end of the day, it's just an excuse, as they say, 'when the flag drops, the bs stops'
backwoods
Max Output Level: -49.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2571
Re: Cakewalk Announces Simpler SONAR Prices 2017/05/04 21:34:45 (permalink)
"I think their marketing sucks and their excuse that 'we only have a small marketing team' sucks too."

Which DAWs have the best marketing then?

Anderton
Re: Cakewalk Announces Simpler SONAR Prices 2017/05/04 21:56:53 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby backwoods 2017/05/04 22:57:45
The Grim
that's better, and you could change the charging 'more' bit as well, but hey . . . i know how you like facts, and you often jump in to correct people who you think are reporting things as fact when they are not, thought you might appreciate it. please don't go stating things as fact, including emphasis, when they are indeed not fact, but false (sound familiar'ish )

The difference is I correct myself when something I've said is pointed out as incorrect...even in the case of a remarkably petty point where I'm sure most people understood what I was trying to communicate. I prefer to "jump in to correct people" who are trying to pass off idle speculation (or even a deliberate fabrication) as fact.

The Grim
Anderton
(and NO software company that was birthed from a $500 million sale of Winamp to AOL ).

you always bring that up

C'mon, a smiley indicates a humorous statement; obviously there is only ONE company that was birthed from a $500 million sale. And if you want to exchange stupidly petty points, I don't "always" bring that up. I'm sure you'll correct yourself, right?

but it's just an excuse, just like drag racer (a) always saying he has less backing than drag racer (b), it's not even relevant at the end of the day, it's just an excuse, as they say, 'when the flag drops, the bs stops'

There's a difference between an excuse and an explanation, and it's an explanation Justin Frankel himself has offered. Cockos has stated its goal is "to develop software sustainably while preventing profit rationale from forcing engineering compromises." Well, when you don't have to worry about making a profit to take care of messy details - like paying salaries, and paying for the servers, bandwidth, and maintenance that allow people to complain freely about the host's products while promoting another company's product - yes, that makes it easier to implement the kind of upgrade pricing you prefer.

And for the record, I have never dissed Frankel for this. He earned his money fair and square through dint of his own intelligence, not by screwing over other people or bundling toxic mortgages, and can do whatever he wants with what he earned. I like that he's chosen music to benefit from his largesse. However if he recognizes he is not working from a level playing field, and I am merely reporting that...don't shoot the messenger.

rabeach
Max Output Level: -48 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2703
Re: Cakewalk Announces Simpler SONAR Prices 2017/05/04 22:13:18 (permalink)
Anderton
SONAR has never had a strong presence in interface bundles because it's not cross-platform. The pairing of X3 LE and Live Lite for the TASCAM interfaces was a deal I helped facilitate because of my connections with Cakewalk, TASCAM, and Ableton but that kind of deal is an exception.

Cakewalk has had interface bundles going all the way back to pro audio 9. So what you stated wasn't exactly wrong but not exactly right either.
markiv2290
  • Total Posts : 19
Re: Cakewalk Announces Simpler SONAR Prices 2017/05/05 03:36:10 (permalink)
Yeah, so I'm late to the game. I just found out the HARD way that Cakewalk silently cancelled all upgrade paths for X3 users like me just 3 days ago.
Saw an email a while back about simplified pricing (seemed like a good thing by the sound of it), the email linked to a blog, which I didn't read because, well first I get too many emails but more importantly the email NEVER mentioned they where cancelling upgrades for previous versions and I wasn't ready just yet to upgrade (was rebuilding the studio setup at the time).
There had been upgrades for previous versions of my favorite DAW for as long as can remember.
No more.
Bad communication or bad marketing I do not know (probably a little bit of both) but I don't care, in the end I feel cheated.

Intel i7-3820 (LGA2011 ftw), Win 8.1, SaffirePro24, Sonar Studio
BenMMusTech
Max Output Level: -49 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2606
Re: Cakewalk Announces Simpler SONAR Prices 2017/05/05 06:41:55 (permalink)
Can someone please explain to me why my subscription has gone from 17 dollars a month to 50. I'm getting a bit upset at this. My version of Sonar Platinum was current till Feb apparently, I don't keep abreast of these things, because I thought my 17 dollars a month meant I didn't have too.

I've never paid 500 dollars for an upgrade, particularly to go from one version of sonar to only the next version.

Someone please explain this to me. 

Cheers Ben

Benjamin Phillips-Bachelor of Creative Technology (Sound and Audio Production), (Hons) Sonic Arts, MMusTech (Master of Music Technology), M.Phil (Fine Art)
http://1331.space/
https://thedigitalartist.bandcamp.com/
http://soundcloud.com/aaudiomystiks
tenfoot
Max Output Level: -53.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2186
Re: Cakewalk Announces Simpler SONAR Prices 2017/05/05 08:42:05 (permalink)
BenMMusTech
Can someone please explain to me why my subscription has gone from 17 dollars a month to 50. I'm getting a bit upset at this. My version of Sonar Platinum was current till Feb apparently, I don't keep abreast of these things, because I thought my 17 dollars a month meant I didn't have too.

I've never paid 500 dollars for an upgrade, particularly to go from one version of sonar to only the next version.

Someone please explain this to me. 

Cheers Ben

Doesn't sound right Ben.  I would email or PM someone from Cakewalk. 

Bruce.

Sonar Platinum 2017-09, Studio One 3.5.3, Win 10 x64, Quad core i7, RME Fireface, Behringer X32 Producer, Behringer X32 Rack, Presonus Faderport, Lemure Software Controller (Android), Enttec DMXIS VST lighting controller, Xtempo POK.
Page: << < ..67 > Showing page 6 of 7
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1