Helpful ReplyLockedCakewalk Command Center 1.1 Update Feedback

Page: < 1234 > Showing page 2 of 4
Author
mudgel
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 12010
Re: Cakewalk Command Center 1.1 Update Feedback 2015/05/06 23:11:08 (permalink)
Doktor Avalanche
... assuming you already know they are 32 bit plugins which is not indicated ;) In the context of this thread it's a request.

In the CCC there is an option where to direct the installation of 32 bit plugins but not an option to exclude the installation altogether.
But in harmony with the quote I suggested that an interim measure was to direct 32 bit installs to a folder outside the scanning path until we get more control. So any 32 bit plugins installed without your knowledge would go there and not effect your current Sonar setup.

Mike V. (MUDGEL)

STUDIO: Win 10 Pro x64, SPlat & CbB x64,
PC: ASUS Z370-A, INTEL i7 8700k, 32GIG DDR4 2400, OC 4.7Ghz.
Storage: 7 TB SATA III, 750GiG SSD & Samsung 500 Gig 960 EVO NVMe M.2.
Monitors: Adam A7X, JBL 10” Sub.
Audio I/O & DSP Server: DIGIGRID IOS & IOX.
Screen: Raven MTi + 43" HD 4K TV Monitor.
Keyboard Controller: Native Instruments Komplete Kontrol S88.
Doktor Avalanche
Max Output Level: -32.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 4294
Re: Cakewalk Command Center 1.1 Update Feedback 2015/05/06 23:53:52 (permalink)
@mudgel Yes I used those options myself but that stlll didn't avoid a few 32 bit VST's getting installed in the 64 bit folders... I can't remember off hand what it was but it was bundled as a seperate CCC package.
mudgel
Re: Cakewalk Command Center 1.1 Update Feedback 2015/05/07 04:56:05 (permalink)
There's no doubt there's a good bit of work to do to make the CCC be anywhere near as good as say NIs Service Centre, but from what I remember that too wasn't so good at first.
BUT considering the similar roles that each fulfills I can't understand why more wasn't included in CCC from the start. Still Cakewalk are on it I th No.

As an aside. Your writing style seems rather familiar yet your listed only by your forum name not a personal name. Obviously you want to remain anonymous???

Mike V. (MUDGEL)

Doktor Avalanche
Re: Cakewalk Command Center 1.1 Update Feedback 2015/05/07 05:29:01 (permalink)
-1 (1)
Well a big flag in public forums will help that won't it ;). Cakewalk has already outed my ID ages ago. Let's keep this thread about CCC please.
post edited by Doktor Avalanche - 2015/05/07 05:37:13
mudgel
Re: Cakewalk Command Center 1.1 Update Feedback 2015/05/07 08:40:48 (permalink)
Willy Jones [Cakewalk]
Greetings friends.

We have been working on an update for Cakewalk Command Center (C3) , we are at a point where we would like to share our current plan with the community to collect your feedback. At this time we do not have a timeline for when we will deliver any of the proposed changes, that is something we will figure out after we get some time to work through your feedback.

One of our initial goals with C3 was to improve the new user experience. To be completely honest, (at least I) was not expecting the positive response and heavy use that C3 received from professional and upgrade users. To that end, many of the changes we would like to introduce are more geared to making it easier for professionals to get the functionality they need from C3 without making the new user experience any more complicated.

Disclaimer: Screenshots may not be the final art, this is mostly placeholder stuff. Everything stated here is subject to change and this is not a commitment on Cakewalk's part to make these proposed changes. 

What we will not be addressing in this update
Nothing is off the table forever, this is just a small list of a few commonly requested features that we will not be considering for this update. Please continue to make feature requests in the F&I forum and contribute to discussions around these topics, your thoughts are incredibly valuable in guiding our decisions. For this update however we will not be addressing these ones.

Multiselect/custom install selections.
The basic idea is, a method for users to select any arbitrary collection of products and install them. Supporting this adds a ton of complexity to some new options we'd like to introduce in 1.1 so we'd like to re-visit this topic after the changes to learn more about how folks feel about it.

Download pause/resume
Experience: We've been making a real effort to make more smaller installers where possible. Downloading smaller components has proven to be much simpler for users than downloading large gargantuan installers. This modular approach makes it easier for users to choose what they want and also not suffer as long when a download fails or becomes corrupt. 

Technical: By design most everything C3 does is asynchronous in nature. This includes downloading multiple files concurrently. This makes supporting pause/resume a bit more complex without adding a lot of additional information and also persisting this info when the application is closed/re-opened.

Both: Should we resume a download if a newer update is available or toss it out and auto-update the user? Not a life shattering event by any means but a seasoned user may prefer the version they selected, a new user may prefer to be on the latest and greatest.

Cancel downloads in progress
There are some design considerations - such as 'what happens when the user cancels download of 4 of 7 when C3 is downloading a collection?' that we are exploring in addition to the tech reasons for resume before we'd like to dive into this one.

Command Center 1.1 Update  
Persisting the installed product list in the registry
Today when a user installs a product C3 tracks the installed versions in a local per-user cache or by checking for a file on disk. This is problem when a user logs out of C3 as their cache is destroyed. Starting with 1.1 C3 will use the registry to maintain 'version awareness'. This should address issues where a product would report that it is not installed when in fact it is.

Supporting info: On the C3 side this is a fairly straightforward change. However this does require every installer to be updated to write its version information into the registry. Post-launch this may create a situation where products are reported as 'not installed' until they're updated to the latest version.

Content Path Customization
The 'Cakewalk Content' location is a pretty heavily used resource across multiple products. In 1.1 we will let users specify this path from the C3 settings page and C3 will copy the contents (if they exist) to the user specified location. 

Supporting info: Also a simple implementation on the C3 side. This change does require that the installers always respect the content path given to them by C3.

Verbose/Non-Silent Install
An option will be added to the settings page to allow users to bypass the silent argument that is passed to installers. This will allow users to step through the installer dialogs and options.

Easy access to the downloads and content directories
This is pretty simple, an open folder button will be added to the settings page to allow users to open up either the downloads or Cakewalk Content directories.

User-defined update check interval
Anyone that has lots of products or uses C3 to launch products understands what a pain it can be when waiting for the update check to complete. An option will be added to the settings page that will allow users to specify (in hours) how long C3 should wait before checking for updates. The last update check value is stored per-product in C3's cache. We're rolling with a default value of 24 hours but interested in hearing your feedback if this is to high or to low of a default.

Check for updates now button
Hopefully the title is self-explanatory. In addition to allowing users to specify how often C3 checks clicking this button will force C3 to check for updates immediately.

TEMP SETTINGS PAGE

I realize the language for some of these options is horrible - if you have any suggestions please share ;)

Download-only context menu option
For those that would enjoy the download and MD5-checking awesomeness of C3 but would prefer to manually run the installer or copy it to an offline-computer - this option is for you. It does what it says - downloads the files for a product or update without running the installer.

Behind the scenes fixes and performance updates
In addition to the new visible changes a lot of work has gone into fixing bugs and improving performance. Disk I/O should be improved (although probably not noticeable) as we've cut down on overly aggressive persistence calls. A few specific issues that might be worth calling out:

Error when clicking a link in C3: For some crazy reason (I don't know how or why) some folks did not have a default web-browser specified in Windows.  C3 now handles this condition with more grace.

Error when logging into C3 on a computer that has never had any Cakewalk products or VST plugins installed for non-admin users: This one tied into the aggressive persistence calls.

Your feedback matters
100% of these changes we're inspired by user-feedback via the forum and support. Keep this train rolling - let us know how you feel about these proposed changes. We can't incorporate everything in one update but it is important to us that we're on the right track with this first targeted set of changes. 

Please keep this discussion civil and on-topic
It would be very helpful for us to leave this discussion with helpful, actionable feedback.

I'm looking forward to watch the CCC developing. Actually the whole new release process is coming along very well considering it's such a new thing. Not only for Cakewalk but for the industry in general.

Mike V. (MUDGEL)

Willy Jones [Cakewalk]
Cakewalk Staff
  • Total Posts : 751
Re: Cakewalk Command Center 1.1 Update Feedback 2015/05/08 17:23:34 (permalink)
pwalpwal

how about connecting up the problem reporter with ccc, uploading minidumps with sys info etc, to improve bug reporting, help troubleshooting etc

This is something we would like to do and will be investigating further once this first update is done. We have also been working on some updates to the problem reporter on our site as well as support history to support this. Once we get closer to really designing it out we'll post a similar thread to this one to collect feedback etc.

Willy Jones 
Cakewalk
lsisaxon
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3
Re: Cakewalk Command Center 1.1 Update Feedback 2015/05/08 22:08:30 (permalink)
Hi, I have a connection that requires a proxy server. Is there a possibility to allow a connection via a proxy server that requires login and password?
Adralicus
Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 73
Re: Cakewalk Command Center 1.1 Update Feedback 2015/05/09 13:14:30 (permalink)
I downloaded the video tutorials using command centre although I've no idea how to access them can someone give me a tip where to find them?

Sonar Platinum
Gigabyte GA-Z87X-UD3H | Intel Haswell i7 4770K @ 4.3 Mhz | 16GB DDR3 1600Mhz | Samsung 820 256GB SSD System Drive | 1 x Crucial 960gb SSD A/V Drive | 1 x Crucial 512 SSD Samples Drive | 1x Gigabyte GTX 660 2gb | 40" 4k Monitor |  RME Fireface 400 |Windows 8.1 x64

mudgel
Re: Cakewalk Command Center 1.1 Update Feedback 2015/05/10 05:04:06 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Everything goes where you specified downloaded files to go. Check this by clicking the gear icon on the right upper side of the CCC main window.
Cakewalk Content (not the downloads) by default goes to C:/Cakewalk content

Mike V. (MUDGEL)

Beepster
  • Total Posts : 18001
Re: Cakewalk Command Center 1.1 Update Feedback 2015/05/12 10:47:36 (permalink)
+1 (1)
I've been using the manual/offline method (even though I do it directly on the DAW... just don't want to install/use the CCC program because new things scare me... lol). I've only browsed that list and I don't think much of it affects me except the one thingie.

However what I would REALLY like to see, and perhaps this has been mentioned, is more specific info on what's what. As in...

1) The date specific items were last updated/when they were released
2) A list of previous Sonar versions each item was included with going back to say... oh Sonar 8 (but I'm sure older users would like it to go back further)
3) More isolated downloads in nested folders so we can either click on the parent sownload link to get all the contents in a folder or click an "Expand" button to get download links for smaller chunks of that download and preferably a final "Expand" button to show individual items like specific VSTs, instruments, libraries, etc.

The reason I say all this is because I am honestly having a hard time figuring out exactly what I have and what is new. Being able to see a release date and versions I may have gotten things in would help me know better. Being able to dig down into folders to snag only certain elements has obvious benefits and should be self explanatory but it could help reduce duplication or disk space being occupied unnecessarily. It will also let us see the details on individual items (like the release date/version/etc). I noticed when downloading Dorchester that the "Anderton Collection" seemed to be in bulk dl's and since that looks to be an ongoing project I don't want to download the same stuff over and over again just to check out new goodies (and same goes for other stuff).

Anyway... I'm sure there already is some kind of logic to it all that I need to study up on but I have been pretty busy (and ill) so perhaps I'm just being a derper but in this regard you could consider me a "new user/beginner" to the process and if I'm getting confused (and remember I read the forum daily) then someone who is actually a complete beginner or doesn't always keep up on current events around here will definitely find it wacky and chaotic.

Currently it almost reminds me of some of the Linux repositories (although not as vast... yet). Lots of stuff going on but difficult to tell what's what and what you need.

Just my 2 derpy cents. Thanks for the ongoing work on this. I am personally very happy with the new release and can definitely see it only improving.

Cheers.
BobF
  • Total Posts : 8124
Re: Cakewalk Command Center 1.1 Update Feedback 2015/05/12 10:56:05 (permalink)
Absolutely - date the current version was made available in the store account would be awesome.  The eZine tells us which items to grab, but I would like to visit the store and see the info in clear, unambiguous terms  :)

Bob  --
Angels are crying because truth has died ...
Illegitimi non carborundum
--
Studio One Pro / i7-6700@3.80GHZ, 32GB Win 10 Pro x64
Roland FA06, LX61+, Fishman Tripleplay, FaderPort, US-16x08 + ARC2.5/Event PS8s 
Waves Gold/IKM Max/Nomad Factory IS3/K11U

Beepster
Re: Cakewalk Command Center 1.1 Update Feedback 2015/05/12 11:17:42 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Ya... I read the eZines and perhaps I should keep it open when I'm actually downloading but I was still a little kermuddled. I also don't necessarily snag everything right away but intend to later. If we had released/last updated detials then I could keep my own log of what I dl'd and/or installed.

A perfect example was the X-Mix loops. I did not recognize that name so thought maybe it was new. So I googled it and it was something from previously releases (so I already had it from those purchases). Having the date and version(s) it came with would have saved me that extra time. And that's just one item in a massive (and generous... seriously ain't complainin') package.

I know it's a LOT to keep track of but the Bakers are in the best position to do this. I was going to start a list myself and post a thread for corrections/additions and to keep an ongoing tally but I'm too scattered, busy and ill to really upkeep something like that for the long term.

Anyway... just some thoughts. Otherwise I'm able to get things done rather easily.
Beepster
Re: Cakewalk Command Center 1.1 Update Feedback 2015/05/12 11:37:16 (permalink)
Oh and one other thing that perhaps someone can clue me in on...

As an "offline" installer kind of dude how do I go about rollbacks? Like if Dorchester somehow ends up having a bug that impedes me for whatever reason (so far so good though) how would I roll back? Is that only able to be done in the CCC program or is it within Sonar itself?

The other thing related to this is... I skipped Cambridge so if somehow I can rollback to my previous version within Sonar or via some other method I'm assuming I am stuck with only Braintree (because I did not download Cambridge). I would, maybe want to use Cambridge instead (I'm actually just using this scenario as an example for how things will work as time wears on... I'm assuming Dorchester will be fine based on user reports and my success so far).

I guess what I'm saying is... I did not see a list of previous releases in my account for download. Only Dorchester. So if I wanted to use Cambridge instead, even though I did not dl and install, would I be able to?

If not then my suggestion would be is to have a sub section of releases (for the length of an active subscription) that allows you to download any version released throughout the life of the subscription in perpetuity.*

I am extremely sorry for being ill informed about all this. I have been focusing my available studies/efforts/attention at other things. Much of this I should be asking in the Sonar forum I guess and I will move my queries there but since we were asked for suggestions/concerns here I'd say this falls under that and may help give a little insight as to how some folks may need/desire this new model to operate.

Thank you for even reading this.

Cheers.

*to clarify... I mean once a 12 month subscription is purchased (by whatever method) that every single version that is released during that 12 month is made available in our store accounts for download at any time using either the offline or CCC method. Even after the subscription is over those downloads remain available for download to those users (because they bought the 12 month sub). That way if anyone has a preferred release or bounces between preferred releases to optimize their needs/experience based on specific critereon they can easily do so for as long as the servers are online.
post edited by Beepster - 2015/05/12 11:48:12
BobF
  • Total Posts : 8124
Re: Cakewalk Command Center 1.1 Update Feedback 2015/05/12 11:40:14 (permalink)
Beepster
Oh and one other thing that perhaps someone can clue me in on...

As an "offline" installer kind of dude how do I go about rollbacks? Like if Dorchester somehow ends up having a bug that impedes me for whatever reason (so far so good though) how would I roll back? Is that only able to be done in the CCC program or is it within Sonar itself?

The other thing related to this is... I skipped Cambridge so if somehow I can rollback to my previous version within Sonar or via some other method I'm assuming I am stuck with only Braintree (because I did not download Cambridge). I would, maybe want to use Cambridge instead (I'm actually just using this scenario as an example for how things will work as time wears on... I'm assuming Dorchester will be fine based on user reports and my success so far).

I guess what I'm saying is... I did not see a list of previous releases in my account for download. Only Dorchester. So if I wanted to use Cambridge instead, even though I did not dl and install, would I be able to?

If not then my suggestion would be is to have a sub section of releases (for the length of an active subscription) that allows you to download any version released throughout the life of the subscription in perpetuity.

I am extremely sorry for being ill informed about all this. I have been focusing my available studies/efforts/attention at other things. Much of this I should be asking in the Sonar forum I guess and I will move my queries there but since we were asked for suggestions/concerns here I'd say this falls under that and may help give a little insight as to how some folks may need/desire this new model to operate.

Thank you for even reading this.

Cheers.

All good questions that apply to me as well.  I've been doing the updates expecting to have X3e available if something goes horribly wrong with S-Plat.

BTW, I wasn't dogging you about the eZine ...

Bob  --
Angels are crying because truth has died ...
Illegitimi non carborundum
--
Studio One Pro / i7-6700@3.80GHZ, 32GB Win 10 Pro x64
Roland FA06, LX61+, Fishman Tripleplay, FaderPort, US-16x08 + ARC2.5/Event PS8s 
Waves Gold/IKM Max/Nomad Factory IS3/K11U

Beepster
Re: Cakewalk Command Center 1.1 Update Feedback 2015/05/12 11:45:50 (permalink)
Didn't think you were at all, Bob. I dog myself. I'm trying to become a "pro"/"expert" so I get angry at my lack of knowledge when the answers are likely out there. There is just sooooo much to learn. lol

Cheers, bud. :-)
jazzmann620
  • Total Posts : 1
Re: Cakewalk Command Center 1.1 Update Feedback 2015/05/12 19:48:39 (permalink)
my only two issues with command center...the biggest one is there should be some type of progress bar when downloads are in progress, the second is does it sync with my online account to see what was installed from there as well or does ir only show what has been downloaded from the command center? other than this i think it is an awesome tool and i love the new platform and direction cakewalk has taken.
Kamikaze
Max Output Level: -45 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3013
Re: Cakewalk Command Center 1.1 Update Feedback 2015/05/13 06:29:42 (permalink)
Everything under the Sonar main heading has turned red again. I don't know why it thinks things like the NY impulses have not been downloaded, and I doubt 'everything' has had some sort of fix applied. This mean that if something has had a change to it, I can't tell. Unless I re-install everything all over again just to reset to green.

If some sort of info could reassure me. such as a date that a change has happened, I could just run that one, and go to the txt file to reset the others to downloaded.

jbraner
Max Output Level: -57 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1830
Re: Cakewalk Command Center 1.1 Update Feedback 2015/05/13 09:16:19 (permalink)
I think the suggested ideas are pretty good. The "verbose" mode and/or ability to just download (but CCC still knows it's there) would give us a way to customise paths and parts of the "FX" or "Synths" sections.

Unhide is another great idea - but you've already got that (it's really not too obvious to go through the xml files)

Once we get the installed modules persistent in the registry - that should be able to help us with those "FX" and "Synths" suites - so we know what's already installed and what may need an update.

I think Willy's ideas are heading in the right direction - and the NI System Center is a good model to follow (although that still screws up all the time telling me that various things from 2008 need to be updated...)

John Braner
https://www.cdbaby.com/Artist/JohnBraner
http://www.soundclick.com/johnbraner

- Intel i7 3770K 3.5GHz
- Windows 10 Pro - 64 bit
- Cakewalk by BandLab x64
- Reaper x64
- 16GB RAM
- Asus P8z77-V mobo - using the integrated Intel graphic card (HD4000)
- MOTU Ultralite AVB audio interface
I usually use ASIO set at 64 or 128 samples
er - that's it I think...
sylent
Max Output Level: -84 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 309
Re: Cakewalk Command Center 1.1 Update Feedback 2015/05/16 05:11:17 (permalink)
This will make my machine and I much happier having the choices.

Can you hear that stretching sound?
That's Sonar growing.... soon it will be mixed with the squealing of other DAWs as they get rolled over and stuck in the tread.

http://twisteddrive.com
Windows 7 Pro 64, i5-3570k 3.40GHz, 32Gb ram, NVIDIA Quatro 4000, 2x SSD, 2x 2Tb Dedicated storage and misc high-capacity HHD Storage, Sonar Platinum, Adobe CS6 Master Suite, Misc 3D, video, audio software. Focusrite Liquid Saffire 56/octapre, Mackie MCU, other MIDI/control, rack effects, and more.
DDcreations
  • Total Posts : 6
Re: Cakewalk Command Center 1.1 Update Feedback 2015/05/24 12:36:25 (permalink)
How do I update CCC? to the newest versoin?

Thanks!
post edited by DDcreations - 2015/05/24 13:43:02

Sony Platinum x64 
Intel i7 12 core Extreme
Windows 8.1 Pro
64 GB Quad DDR
SSD
Tom Riggs
Max Output Level: -57.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1752
Re: Cakewalk Command Center 1.1 Update Feedback 2015/05/25 02:06:37 (permalink)
+1 (1)
@DDcreations the new version mentioned in this thread is not available yet. The OP does not specify a time frame but I'm in hopes that it will be soon.

i7-3770k OC at 4.5Ghz, asus p8z77-m, 16g g.skill aries 1600 c9 ram, Noctua d-14 cooler, RME HDSPe Raydat, Motu FastLane, Nvidea GTX 980 ti 6G, windows 7 and 8.1 pro x64. Sonar Platinum and x3e currently installed

My Music 
My YouTube

Doktor Avalanche
Re: Cakewalk Command Center 1.1 Update Feedback 2015/05/25 05:29:37 (permalink)
+1 (1)
Hopefully it will auto update itself when available.
DDcreations
  • Total Posts : 6
Re: Cakewalk Command Center 1.1 Update Feedback 2015/05/25 06:52:01 (permalink)
Thank you for your reply.

My system uses a SSD of 128gb for the system drive. With additional SSD's for recording, and audio content, plugins.
Having an IT background I modified windows to relocated the appdata folder and move things around. (I don't recommend digging in the registry unless you know what you're doing)

I've been using cakewalk for 4-5 months now, before that I mainly used protools. But I sure fell in love with Sonar Platinum. 

Sony Platinum x64 
Intel i7 12 core Extreme
Windows 8.1 Pro
64 GB Quad DDR
SSD
sharke
  • Total Posts : 13933
Re: Cakewalk Command Center 1.1 Update Feedback 2015/05/25 09:02:25 (permalink)
Willy Jones [Cakewalk]

Another thing worth trying if this happens to you consistently is changing your DNS settings to Google's DNS or Open DNS. I'm geographically closer to New York City. If I use Comcast's (a cable provider here in the US) DNS I end up getting downloads from Atlanta and Washington D.C. that are about a 3rd slower.

I was having terrible connection problems a couple of years ago, especially around midnight. So I called Time Warner Cable and demanded to speak to a real technician, not the same idiots who had been fobbing me off with scripted BS. This technician immediately told me to change my DNS settings to Google DNS. I did so, and the problems stopped instantly.

James
Windows 10, Sonar SPlat (64-bit), Intel i7-4930K, 32GB RAM, RME Babyface, AKAI MPK Mini, Roland A-800 Pro, Focusrite VRM Box, Komplete 10 Ultimate, 2012 American Telecaster!
Doktor Avalanche
Re: Cakewalk Command Center 1.1 Update Feedback 2015/05/25 16:49:27 (permalink)
Yup always a good idea.. I use OpenDNS.
There could be repercussion though. Your DNS is not local so if you internet is two tier be careful. Also streaming may slow down (or even speed up) such as netflix.

It's really good for reliability. Large downloads may speed up or slow down depending on your situation.
post edited by Doktor Avalanche - 2015/05/25 16:59:39
Zargg
  • Total Posts : 10666
Re: Cakewalk Command Center 1.1 Update Feedback 2015/05/28 18:46:58 (permalink)
pwalpwal

how about connecting up the problem reporter with ccc, uploading minidumps with sys info etc, to improve bug reporting, help troubleshooting etc

This. +1

Ken Nilsen
Zargg
BBZ
Win 10 Pro X64, Cakewalk by Bandlab, SPlat X64, AMD AM3+ fx-8320, 16Gb RAM, RME Ucx (+ ARC), Tascam FW 1884, M-Audio Keystation 61es, *AKAI MPK Pro 25, *Softube Console1, Alesis DM6 USB, Maschine MkII
Laptop setup: Win 10 X64, i5 2.4ghz, 8gb RAM, 320gb 7200 RPM HD, Focusrite Solo, + *

malcolmd
  • Total Posts : 16
Re: Cakewalk Command Center 1.1 Update Feedback 2015/06/03 18:46:27 (permalink)
Update Check with 24 hour default seems fine...  maybe an optional update now button.
stevec
  • Total Posts : 11546
Re: Cakewalk Command Center 1.1 Update Feedback 2015/06/03 23:15:23 (permalink)
After reading a few posts on the SONAR forum one suggestion I'd have is to use actual headers for those items that have sub-categories; e.g., have the "SONAR" download link under a "Core Downloads" (or similar) header instead of it being its own download link with others below it.    If that makes sense.

SteveC
https://soundcloud.com/steve-cocchi
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=39163

SONAR Platinum x64, Intel Q9300 (2.5Ghz), Asus P5N-D, Win7 x64 SP1, 8GB RAM, 1TB internal + ESATA + USB Backup HDDs, ATI Radeon HD5450 1GB RAM + dual ViewSonic VA2431wm Monitors;
Focusrite 18i6 (ASIO);
Komplete 9, Melodyne Studio 4, Ozone 7 Advanced, Rapture Pro, GPO5, Valhalla Plate, MJUC comp, MDynamic EQ, lots of other freebie VST plugins, synths and Kontakt libraries

Willy Jones [Cakewalk]
Cakewalk Staff
Re: Cakewalk Command Center 1.1 Update Feedback 2015/06/04 10:25:52 (permalink)
lsisaxon
Hi, I have a connection that requires a proxy server. Is there a possibility to allow a connection via a proxy server that requires login and password?

We'll add this to our backlog but it is not something we're planning for 1.1. I would be interested to hear though if other users are in this same situation.

Willy Jones 
Cakewalk
Willy Jones [Cakewalk]
Cakewalk Staff
Re: Cakewalk Command Center 1.1 Update Feedback 2015/06/04 10:33:32 (permalink)
Beepster

1) The date specific items were last updated/when they were released
2) A list of previous Sonar versions each item was included with going back to say... oh Sonar 8 (but I'm sure older users would like it to go back further)
3) More isolated downloads in nested folders so we can either click on the parent sownload link to get all the contents in a folder or click an "Expand" button to get download links for smaller chunks of that download and preferably a final "Expand" button to show individual items like specific VSTs, instruments, libraries, etc.

Thanks for the feedback, I just updated the OP with additional information that partially addresses some of your requests. 

1) We're not keeping track of dates but the product display now shows both your current version and the latest version. To make it easier if you want to decided to update. The latest version text is a clickable link that brings you to our website with more details

2) That would be really hard to fit into C3's UI . While we're in the process of keeping links current for releases though I can see about including some of that information on the web pages

3) We're not modular enough yet to get down to individual VST's but that might be possible in the future. C3 does support any number of files per product, right now those files just happen to be full installers. 

RE: #3 and super modularity - is this something you would use every time or just every now and again to see if a VST you use often has changed?

Willy Jones 
Cakewalk
Page: < 1234 > Showing page 2 of 4
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1