Helpful ReplyLockedCakewalk Command Center 1.1 Update Feedback

Page: < 1234 > Showing page 3 of 4
Author
jbraner
Max Output Level: -57 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1830
Re: Cakewalk Command Center 1.1 Update Feedback 2015/06/04 10:41:04 (permalink)
RE: #3 and super modularity - is this something you would use every time or just every now and again to see if a VST you use often has changed?

I think people would use it a lot - for example when they don't want to install some VSTs from a bundle...

John Braner
https://www.cdbaby.com/Artist/JohnBraner
http://www.soundclick.com/johnbraner

- Intel i7 3770K 3.5GHz
- Windows 10 Pro - 64 bit
- Cakewalk by BandLab x64
- Reaper x64
- 16GB RAM
- Asus P8z77-V mobo - using the integrated Intel graphic card (HD4000)
- MOTU Ultralite AVB audio interface
I usually use ASIO set at 64 or 128 samples
er - that's it I think...
Willy Jones [Cakewalk]
Cakewalk Staff
  • Total Posts : 751
Re: Cakewalk Command Center 1.1 Update Feedback 2015/06/04 10:51:40 (permalink)
jazzmann620
my only two issues with command center...the biggest one is there should be some type of progress bar when downloads are in progress

hmm that sounds like something weird might be going on. There is an orange progress bar across the bottom that updates % downloaded while it's downloading. If you're not seeing this I'd encourage you to either contact our support folks or create a problem report.

jazzmann620
the second is does it sync with my online account to see what was installed from there as well or does ir only show what has been downloaded from the command center? 

It only shows what has been downloaded on the computer it is running on. We could potentially display that information on our website as well but its not data that we are currently collecting or storing so it would be a fair amount of work to do it and also make it handle folks with multiple computers etc.

I'm not sure I totally understand the use case though of displaying that information on the website - is it strictly just an informational thing or is there some awesome thing I'm missing?

Willy Jones 
Cakewalk
Willy Jones [Cakewalk]
Cakewalk Staff
Re: Cakewalk Command Center 1.1 Update Feedback 2015/06/04 10:54:15 (permalink)
DDcreations
How do I update CCC? to the newest versoin?

Thanks!

When an update is available C3 will notify and prompt you to update. 

Willy Jones 
Cakewalk
rontarrant
Max Output Level: -78 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 643
Re: Cakewalk Command Center 1.1 Update Feedback 2015/06/04 16:47:37 (permalink)
I'd like to suggest that CCC detect that I already have Melodyne and Dimension installed. What came with Platinum were the same as what I already had, but CCC sits there oblivious.

-Ron T.
----------------------------------------------------------
MSI GE72 2QF-247US, 12 gb, Focusrite 6i6, AT-2020
----------------------------------------------------------
Windows 10 x64, Sonar Platinum
Zargg
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 10666
Re: Cakewalk Command Center 1.1 Update Feedback 2015/06/15 17:54:52 (permalink)
Any ETA on CCC update? Looking forwards to it

Ken Nilsen
Zargg
BBZ
Win 10 Pro X64, Cakewalk by Bandlab, SPlat X64, AMD AM3+ fx-8320, 16Gb RAM, RME Ucx (+ ARC), Tascam FW 1884, M-Audio Keystation 61es, *AKAI MPK Pro 25, *Softube Console1, Alesis DM6 USB, Maschine MkII
Laptop setup: Win 10 X64, i5 2.4ghz, 8gb RAM, 320gb 7200 RPM HD, Focusrite Solo, + *

Susan G
  • Total Posts : 12016
Re: Cakewalk Command Center 1.1 Update Feedback 2015/06/15 22:40:08 (permalink)
lfmIf we get an check option to download chm help file separately - would be nice. In reality Sonar took maybe 15-20 minutes tops. But you had to spend 90 minutes with all tuts just to get help file.

Hi-

+ lots. I really hope they address this. I exchanged emails with CW back in March about it and was told that there were "upcoming changes in the way it's downloaded" so we wouldn't have to download the same tutorials over and over again just to get the latest documentation. The Everett download still required downloading "SONAR Tutorials" to get the latest help files and that took by far the longest of the whole package.

Thanks-

-Susan

2.30 gigahertz Intel Core i7-3610QM; 16 GB RAM
Windows 10 x64; NI Komplete Audio 6.
SONAR Platinum (Lexington) x64
ricoskyl
Max Output Level: -84 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 327
Re: Cakewalk Command Center 1.1 Update Feedback 2015/06/18 23:47:30 (permalink)
+1 (1)
I can echo support for the CCC connection to contact Cakewalk support.  All of the info--serial numbers in particular--is available in Command Center and could be bundled with support contact.   The right information sent to the right people?  Would that simplify support services?

If you want to make enemies, try to change something. -Woodrow T. Wilson
Turbulence is a life force. It is opportunity. Let’s love turbulence and use it for change. -Ramsay Clark
----------------------
Sonar Platinum Win 10 x64 on HP Pavilion i7 5500 12Gb RAM, Tascam US-16x08, NVidia 840 8Gb vram, Multi-Screen, Multi-Touch
Willy Jones [Cakewalk]
Cakewalk Staff
Re: Cakewalk Command Center 1.1 Update Feedback 2015/06/19 13:08:02 (permalink)
Zargg71

Any ETA on CCC update? Looking forwards to it

Persisting installed versions in the registry requires us to update all the other installers as well to write this value. We have been doing that as we update them. We're aiming to release this update sometime after the next SONAR update which should have all the installers updated.

Willy Jones 
Cakewalk
Willy Jones [Cakewalk]
Cakewalk Staff
Re: Cakewalk Command Center 1.1 Update Feedback 2015/06/19 13:30:34 (permalink)
Susan G
Hi- 
+ lots. I really hope they address this. I exchanged emails with CW back in March about it and was told that there were "upcoming changes in the way it's downloaded" so we wouldn't have to download the same tutorials over and over again just to get the latest documentation. The Everett download still required downloading "SONAR Tutorials" to get the latest help files and that took by far the longest of the whole package. 
Thanks- 
-Susan

I think we might be talking about two different things or maybe I'm not following?

The documentation has been separate from the tutorials since Dorchester (end of April). They're listed as 'SONAR Tutorials' and 'SONAR Local Documentation' in C3 and the My Account -> Products page.

Willy Jones 
Cakewalk
Susan G
Re: Cakewalk Command Center 1.1 Update Feedback 2015/06/19 23:58:28 (permalink)
Willy Jones [Cakewalk]
Susan G
Hi- 
Thanks- 
-Susan

I think we might be talking about two different things or maybe I'm not following?

The documentation has been separate from the tutorials since Dorchester (end of April). They're listed as 'SONAR Tutorials' and 'SONAR Local Documentation' in C3 and the My Account -> Products page.

Hi Willy-

I just deleted the SONAR Platinum PDF and CHM files and ran the "SONAR Local Documentation" download from C3.  Sure enough, it includes the .chm and .pdf files, but the .pdf files are still dated 1/19/2015 and the SONAR Reference Guide.pdf doesn't include any reference to newer features like the Virtual Keyboard, for example. The .chm file, dated 5/27/2015, is current with the new features. Are those in fact the latest PDFs, if you know? I'm guessing what happened is when I updated to Everett I didn't see an update to the .pdf and assumed (yeah, I know ) that the update was included in the Tutorials.

Maybe I missed a post about the Reference Guide.pdf not being updated? That's entirely possible.

Thanks-

-Susan

scook
Forum Host
  • Total Posts : 24146
Re: Cakewalk Command Center 1.1 Update Feedback 2015/06/20 00:14:51 (permalink)
Historically the PDF is a static snapshot of the original release chm, the chm is updated with every release and the web help is the most current with updates made between releases. With the frequency of updates now, the chm and web help seem to get updated around the same time. It appears the Reference Guide is still a static document.
post edited by scook - 2015/06/20 00:22:41
Susan G
Re: Cakewalk Command Center 1.1 Update Feedback 2015/06/20 00:19:37 (permalink)
scook
Historically the PDF is a static snapshot of the original release chm, the chm is updated with every release and the web help is the most current with updates made between releases. With the frequency of updates now, the chm and web help seem to get updated around the same time. It appears the Reference Guide is still a static document.

OK, Steve. Thanks for the clarification!

-Susan

Love
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2
Re: Cakewalk Command Center 1.1 Update Feedback 2015/06/20 15:21:44 (permalink)
I was wondering about all of the many latest features that are adding each month to the cakewalk command center. What if sonar platinum was able to run without installing it. You know how when downloading somethings, it offer to say or run. What if sonar platinum could do this. Can you image the space that sonar's users could saved, if you could open open sonar without saving it to your computer
If anyone have a better idea in the mean time, please inform me, because we all of the new awesome features that cakewalk keep coming out with each month, I am afraid that I might run out of space to save it. Call me greedy or what but I love using all of cakewalk's products.
havemose
  • Total Posts : 8
Re: Cakewalk Command Center 1.1 Update Feedback 2015/06/21 00:01:23 (permalink)
+1 (1)
I would like to suggest that Command Center grows the ability to validate an install. For instance, I noticed that my Platinum Everett Update 1 was missing ALL the "Content Collections" in Audio Library even though they all showed as green. I should not have to manually click "reinstall" on every single item "Sonar Platinum". Not to mention that they shouldn't be missing in the first place. I only noticed when I got a browser error trying to locate the "Audio Library", which was missing.
Willy Jones [Cakewalk]
Cakewalk Staff
Re: Cakewalk Command Center 1.1 Update Feedback 2015/06/22 11:46:44 (permalink)
Susan G

Hi Willy-

I just deleted the SONAR Platinum PDF and CHM files and ran the "SONAR Local Documentation" download from C3.  Sure enough, it includes the .chm and .pdf files, but the .pdf files are still dated 1/19/2015 and the SONAR Reference Guide.pdf doesn't include any reference to newer features like the Virtual Keyboard, for example. The .chm file, dated 5/27/2015, is current with the new features. Are those in fact the latest PDFs, if you know? I'm guessing what happened is when I updated to Everett I didn't see an update to the .pdf and assumed (yeah, I know ) that the update was included in the Tutorials.

Maybe I missed a post about the Reference Guide.pdf not being updated? That's entirely possible.

Thanks-

-Susan

Hi Susan,

The chm and web help we update constantly, the pdf/reference guide we do not update as frequently.

This raises a great question though - do folks prefer the pdf over the chm? We have been under the impression that many just copy the pdf to their kindle or print it out as a sort of deep reference guide not something they use frequently like the chm. If the pdf is getting heavier use please create a thread in this forum (Feature and Ideas) so we can hear from others about it and we can look into keeping it more current. 

Willy Jones 
Cakewalk
Susan G
Re: Cakewalk Command Center 1.1 Update Feedback 2015/06/22 23:45:32 (permalink)
Willy Jones [Cakewalk]
Susan G

Hi Willy-

Thanks-

-Susan

Hi Susan,

The chm and web help we update constantly, the pdf/reference guide we do not update as frequently.

This raises a great question though - do folks prefer the pdf over the chm? We have been under the impression that many just copy the pdf to their kindle or print it out as a sort of deep reference guide not something they use frequently like the chm. If the pdf is getting heavier use please create a thread in this forum (Feature and Ideas) so we can hear from others about it and we can look into keeping it more current. 

Hi Willy-

I won't speak for others, but for me, as long as the Local Documentation download has the current .chm file and I don't have to download the Tutorials package each time, I'm pretty much okay with that.

In a perfect world, the Reference Guide.pdf would be updated in the same download as well. I would think CW is using one-source documentation, so creating a PDF and CHM from the same source shouldn't be a big deal anyway.

Thanks-

-Susan

cparmerlee
Max Output Level: -67 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1153
Re: Cakewalk Command Center 1.1 Update Feedback 2015/06/24 19:12:49 (permalink)
For me the CCC window is always chopped at the right.  I don't think I am missing anything too important, but it is impossible to see the entire window.  This needs to be fixed.

You have mentioned giving full control over file placement.  That needs to include the ability to correct the situation that many of us have now where our C drive has lots of data that we really wanted to have on other drives.  The CCC should support a move mode or else enable a "reinstall" feature that removes the old stuff and installs where we really want it, but without losing our other settings.

DAW: SONAR Platinum Audio I/F: Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 gen2
OS: Windows 10 64-bit CPU: Haswell 4790 4.0 GHz, 4 core, 8 thread  Memory: 16 GB      Video: GTX-760Ti
Storage: Sandisk SSD 500GB for active projects. ReadyNAS 20 TB for long-term storage

sonocrafters.com
charlyg
Max Output Level: -72 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 950
Re: Cakewalk Command Center 1.1 Update Feedback 2015/06/24 19:35:29 (permalink)
Love
I was wondering about all of the many latest features that are adding each month to the cakewalk command center. What if sonar platinum was able to run without installing it. You know how when downloading somethings, it offer to say or run. What if sonar platinum could do this. Can you image the space that sonar's users could saved, if you could open open sonar without saving it to your computer
If anyone have a better idea in the mean time, please inform me, because we all of the new awesome features that cakewalk keep coming out with each month, I am afraid that I might run out of space to save it. Call me greedy or what but I love using all of cakewalk's products.

At storage prices these days, it's not much of a concern to me. My total space used is about 250 gb. I have 2tb of data drive free, and also I am fully backed up at Onedrive due to Office 365. Space hasn't been an issue for a while. One of my internal 1tb drives is a 2.5 mounted in an adapter along with my SSD. Plus I had another 750 gb 2.5  that I put into a small USB 3 case..... I have a spare 450 2.5 but it only spins at 5400....so it's in the drawer!

All I'm saying, is with a little creativity. storage space is "cake".

Oh, and to the other fellow, that sounds like your resolution/monitor size is out of whack.
post edited by charlyg - 2015/06/24 19:42:04

mudgel
  • Total Posts : 12010
Re: Cakewalk Command Center 1.1 Update Feedback 2015/06/25 05:13:44 (permalink)
charlyg
Love

At storage prices these days, it's not much of a concern to me. My total space used is about 250 gb. I have 2tb of data drive free, and also I am fully backed up at Onedrive due to Office 365. Space hasn't been an issue for a while. One of my internal 1tb drives is a 2.5 mounted in an adapter along with my SSD. Plus I had another 750 gb 2.5  that I put into a small USB 3 case..... I have a spare 450 2.5 but it only spins at 5400....so it's in the drawer!

All I'm saying, is with a little creativity. storage space is "cake".

Oh, and to the other fellow, that sounds like your resolution/monitor size is out of whack.

Even without any enhancement to CCC I have the downloads all going to another HDD. If I rely on Cakewalk I will always have the latest installation for download but not an earlier download. I like to keep all those files. I don't know why really but I do keep them all.

Mike V. (MUDGEL)

STUDIO: Win 10 Pro x64, SPlat & CbB x64,
PC: ASUS Z370-A, INTEL i7 8700k, 32GIG DDR4 2400, OC 4.7Ghz.
Storage: 7 TB SATA III, 750GiG SSD & Samsung 500 Gig 960 EVO NVMe M.2.
Monitors: Adam A7X, JBL 10” Sub.
Audio I/O & DSP Server: DIGIGRID IOS & IOX.
Screen: Raven MTi + 43" HD 4K TV Monitor.
Keyboard Controller: Native Instruments Komplete Kontrol S88.
jbraner
Max Output Level: -57 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1830
Re: Cakewalk Command Center 1.1 Update Feedback 2015/06/25 05:20:10 (permalink)
If I rely on Cakewalk I will always have the latest installation for download but not an earlier download.

Mike,
FYI - CCC keeps all the old copies of downloads - in case you want to "revert" to an older version...

John Braner
https://www.cdbaby.com/Artist/JohnBraner
http://www.soundclick.com/johnbraner

- Intel i7 3770K 3.5GHz
- Windows 10 Pro - 64 bit
- Cakewalk by BandLab x64
- Reaper x64
- 16GB RAM
- Asus P8z77-V mobo - using the integrated Intel graphic card (HD4000)
- MOTU Ultralite AVB audio interface
I usually use ASIO set at 64 or 128 samples
er - that's it I think...
havemose
  • Total Posts : 8
Re: Cakewalk Command Center 1.1 Update Feedback 2015/06/25 09:38:26 (permalink)
Willy Jones [Cakewalk]
[]

I copy the PDF to my kindle and "study" when I'm not at the computer. I would like the PDF to always reflect the current software.
Willy Jones [Cakewalk]
Cakewalk Staff
Re: Cakewalk Command Center 1.1 Update Feedback 2015/06/25 12:31:36 (permalink)
cparmerlee
For me the CCC window is always chopped at the right.  I don't think I am missing anything too important, but it is impossible to see the entire window.  This needs to be fixed.

It sounds like either your screen resolution is unsupported or you have DPI scaling cranked up. C3 works with the minimum supported resolution of SONAR which is 1280x800.

You have mentioned giving full control over file placement.  That needs to include the ability to correct the situation that many of us have now where our C drive has lots of data that we really wanted to have on other drives.  

You will have a few options in this situation:
  • Starting with 1.1 you will be able to change the 'Cakewalk Content' path in C3, this is passed to all of our installers that install content.
  • Starting with 1.1 you will also have an option to always run the installers in verbose mode which will allow you to customize any unique paths specific to that application.

The CCC should support a move mode or else enable a "reinstall" feature that removes the old stuff and installs where we really want it, but without losing our other settings.

While there won't be a move mode, it is possible to uninstall and reinstall which would be the best course of action. The uninstallers also prompt you if you'd like to remove shared utilities and plugins that are used by multiple Cakewalk products. It's kind of hard for C3 to make this decision for a user, and if we did some group of folks would probably end up with the opposite of what they want and this is an option that I think is best left in the hands of the user.

Willy Jones 
Cakewalk
Willy Jones [Cakewalk]
Cakewalk Staff
Re: Cakewalk Command Center 1.1 Update Feedback 2015/06/25 12:33:23 (permalink)
havemose

I copy the PDF to my kindle and "study" when I'm not at the computer. I would like the PDF to always reflect the current software.

Thanks, but please create a new thread for this topic since this one is about C3. Our documentation team isn't keeping an eye on this one.

Willy Jones 
Cakewalk
scook
Forum Host
Re: Cakewalk Command Center 1.1 Update Feedback 2015/06/25 13:39:48 (permalink)
Willy Jones [Cakewalk]

Thanks, but please create a new thread for this topic since this one is about C3. Our documentation team isn't keeping an eye on this one.

Done. Here is the reference guide FR http://forum.cakewalk.com/FindPost/3244803
SF_Green
Max Output Level: -62 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1403
Re: Cakewalk Command Center 1.1 Update Feedback 2015/06/25 14:20:01 (permalink)
havemose
Willy Jones [Cakewalk]
[]

+1

I often read the manual at work during lunch and would like it current please.

AMD FX-8370, Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3,  Win7x64 SP1, 16Gb CorsairDDR3-1600, GeForce GTX 950 (390.65), SSD 525Gb (OS), SATA 3 & 1.5Tb, MOTU microlite, RME FireFace 800 (D 3.124, fw 2.77), UAD-2Q, Adam A7X, A-800 PRO, CC121
Cubase Pro 10.0.5, SonarPt-2017.10 (x64), Reason10.2, Live 10.0.5 Suite, Wavelab Elements 9.5.40, Komplete10Ult, POD Farm2.5, Omnisphere2.5, BFD3, Alesis QS7.1, Arturia BeatStep Pro, POD HD500, Alesis ControlPad, ARP Omni, many things with strings. GrSltz My Studio
scook
Forum Host
Re: Cakewalk Command Center 1.1 Update Feedback 2015/06/25 14:32:33 (permalink)
please comment about pdf documentation here http://forum.cakewalk.com/FindPost/3244803
this thread is for C3 development
SF_Green
Max Output Level: -62 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1403
Re: Cakewalk Command Center 1.1 Update Feedback 2015/06/25 15:53:06 (permalink)
scook
please comment about pdf documentation here http://forum.cakewalk.com/FindPost/3244803
this thread is for C3 development

Sorry.  That's the hazard of viewing on the phone.  It's very easy to overlook things.

AMD FX-8370, Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3,  Win7x64 SP1, 16Gb CorsairDDR3-1600, GeForce GTX 950 (390.65), SSD 525Gb (OS), SATA 3 & 1.5Tb, MOTU microlite, RME FireFace 800 (D 3.124, fw 2.77), UAD-2Q, Adam A7X, A-800 PRO, CC121
Cubase Pro 10.0.5, SonarPt-2017.10 (x64), Reason10.2, Live 10.0.5 Suite, Wavelab Elements 9.5.40, Komplete10Ult, POD Farm2.5, Omnisphere2.5, BFD3, Alesis QS7.1, Arturia BeatStep Pro, POD HD500, Alesis ControlPad, ARP Omni, many things with strings. GrSltz My Studio
mudgel
  • Total Posts : 12010
Re: Cakewalk Command Center 1.1 Update Feedback 2015/06/25 22:56:31 (permalink)
jbraner
If I rely on Cakewalk I will always have the latest installation for download but not an earlier download.

Mike,
FYI - CCC keeps all the old copies of downloads - in case you want to "revert" to an older version...

Sorry I didn't make myself clear. I keep all the download file as you say. What I mean is that because Cakewalk only provide the most recent installer I can't rely on them for all the backlog of files, hence I keep them all in the CCC download folder.

Mike V. (MUDGEL)

STUDIO: Win 10 Pro x64, SPlat & CbB x64,
PC: ASUS Z370-A, INTEL i7 8700k, 32GIG DDR4 2400, OC 4.7Ghz.
Storage: 7 TB SATA III, 750GiG SSD & Samsung 500 Gig 960 EVO NVMe M.2.
Monitors: Adam A7X, JBL 10” Sub.
Audio I/O & DSP Server: DIGIGRID IOS & IOX.
Screen: Raven MTi + 43" HD 4K TV Monitor.
Keyboard Controller: Native Instruments Komplete Kontrol S88.
Doktor Avalanche
Max Output Level: -32.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 4294
Re: Cakewalk Command Center 1.1 Update Feedback 2015/06/26 17:46:18 (permalink)
Willy Jones [Cakewalk]
jazzmann620
my only two issues with command center...the biggest one is there should be some type of progress bar when downloads are in progress

hmm that sounds like something weird might be going on. There is an orange progress bar across the bottom that updates % downloaded while it's downloading. If you're not seeing this I'd encourage you to either contact our support folks or create a problem report.

I bet you a fiver he's seeing the end part of the process when temp files are being deleted and files are being moved to another drive. The other condition is that the download folder is on another drive. Progress bar just sits there.

Sonar Platinum(64 bit),Win 8.1(64 bit),Saffire Pro 40(Firewire),Mix Control = 3.6,Firewire=VIA,Dell Studio XPS 8100(Intel Core i7 CPU 2.93 Ghz/16 Gb),2 x 1TB SSD (Samsung EVO 850),GeForce GTX 460,Yamaha DGX-505 keyboard,Roland A-300PRO,Roland SPD-30 V2,FD-8,Triggera Krigg,Shure SM7B,Yamaha HS5. Rap Pro,Maschine Studio+Komplete 9 Ultimate+Kontrol Z1,Addictive Keys,Waves Silver,Izotope Nectar elements,Overloud Bundle,Geist,Acronis True Image 2015.
YouDontHasToCallMeJohnson
Max Output Level: -76 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 703
Re: Cakewalk Command Center 1.1 Update Feedback 2015/06/30 16:21:13 (permalink)
Downloading the Foxboro DP update. It is taking a long time. Way more than two hours when finished.
I want to see the size of each update listed on the description window so I can decide which of the updates I will do when.

And in the case of DP, I want to choose separately any included content.
Page: < 1234 > Showing page 3 of 4
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1