Cakewalk International Distributon ... Killing the Company?

Page: 12345.. > >> Showing page 1 of 6
Author
glazfolk
Max Output Level: -22.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 5253
2005/07/27 18:09:32 (permalink)

Cakewalk International Distributon ... Killing the Company?

So Pyro 5 is out to day. You can download it for $29, right?

Wrong! At least if you live outside the US. When I try, I get referrred to a link to Intelliware in Australia ... which takes me to the same "temporary" web site that has been there for the last 9 months at least:

http://www.intelliware.com.au/

Nothing there about Pyro 5 being released ... but it does have a nice link back to the Cakewalk web site!

I've been a registered Cakewalk user since Cake 9, and an Intelliware customer since Cakewalk forced us to use their distributor's "services" (three years now - Sonar 2, 3 and 4). I've always ticked every box about being kept informed, receiving newsletters etc, but since Intelliware came into the picture have received nothing.

If it wasn't for this forum, I wouldn't even have known that Pyro had been released, nor that the S 4.03 patch is coming.

Posts like like this have appeared before, often to be met with a lot of spin from Cakewalk sales about the glorious benefits of an International Distribution system. Meanwhile nothing's changed. Will it ever?

Oh yes, forget about Pyro 5 by the way. If Cake don't want my pennies, I'll spend them somewhere else. There are other products in the market besides cakewalk, you know. And there are even people willing to sell them to us.

Meanwhile, I'm downloading the Live 5 demo ...
post edited by glazfolk - 2005/08/02 04:49:46

Geoff Francis - Huon Delta Studios

AMD Opteron 246 2GHZ twin CPU
Tyan S2875 AVRF Dual M'board
2 Gig RAM, Three Monitors w NVIDIA GeForce FX5700
Alesis iO26, 2 NTFS Seagate HD
DigitalDesign Speakers

150 Replies Related Threads

juca
    Max Output Level: -63 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1376
    RE: Cakewalk International Distributon ... Still a Joke! 2005/07/27 18:58:21 (permalink)
    Hi Geoff:
    I second your opinion about the international distribution system of Cakewalk products. I live in Brazil and here the official distribuitor is http://www.roland.com.br. If you go for that site, you not see one mention to Cakewalk products (yes, nothing, nada). I made a search in the site with the words Cakewalk, Pyro, Sonar and was returned zero entries.
    When the distribution was maded by other company I not had problems. I made the purchase of Cakewalk Pro Audio and various updates without any problem, but after Roland was choosed as the official distribuitor, I simply not saw more one reference for Cakewalk products.
    Strange, very strange. I believe Cakewalk need take a look in the problematic distribuitors around the world.
    Greetings.

****** Juca Nascimento ******
    Keyboards/Composer/Arranger

glazfolk
    RE: Cakewalk International Distributon ... Still a Joke! 2005/07/27 19:42:27 (permalink)
    Juca,

With S5 no doubt waiting in the wings, this is becoming a serious issue. We would have hoped, after all the fiasco last year when S4 was released, that Cake wouild have listended to their overseas customers. Personally, I'm not asking for five star service - just some service.

Right now, as an Australian customer, I'd score Cakewalk Software at 9 out of 10 - but for service ... well, if you can't say anything nice about somebody ...

Geoff Francis - Huon Delta Studios

AMD Opteron 246 2GHZ twin CPU
    Tyan S2875 AVRF Dual M'board
    2 Gig RAM, Three Monitors w NVIDIA GeForce FX5700
    Alesis iO26, 2 NTFS Seagate HD
    DigitalDesign Speakers
    gamera
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 17
    RE: Cakewalk International Distributon ... Still a Joke! 2005/07/28 05:25:55 (permalink)
    I never bothered going from Sonar 3 to 4.

I was keen when it first came out. But by the time it actually became available in Australia (I assume it is available - no one from intelliware answered my enquiry) I'd spent my money on other stuff and never got around to going back
    Grooveteer
    Max Output Level: -88 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 104
    RE: Cakewalk International Distributon ... Still a Joke! 2005/07/28 05:55:17 (permalink)
    Don't get me started...

I live in the Netherlands so I have to deal with Roland CE. Looks like these people don't give a sh#t about Cakewalk or their customers.

I wanted to upgrade from S4SE to S4PE ($99 on the Cake website) but Roland didn't reply at all. Not to me, not to the people from my local store. When they finally did answer (After several requests for information from the store) they just said that there's no such upgrade offer in Europe.

I sent an email to Cakewalk customer support to ask about this and they replied (very quickly) that the distributors could decide for themselves when it comes to special offers. I could not order directly from Cakewalk because I'm in Europe. Fair enough I guess, but it leaves me at the mercy of Roland

I like Cakewalk a lot (both their products and the way they interact with their customers like in this Forum) it's just a shame that they are represented by Roland-I-couldn't-care-less-CE.

Bottom line: I'm not upgrading. (not for >$ 250) No upgrade for me. No $ for my local store. No $ for Roland. No $ for Cakewalk. Just a very bad taste in my mouth. (Not so much about not getting the upgrade deal, but about not getting any response from Roland)

Sorry for the rant.

AMD X2 4800+, Asus A8V deluxe, 4Gb RAM, Dual 17" LCD, 2x UAD-1, Win XP-pro SP2, S7PE, Mackie Control, MOTU 128, Audiofire 12, Presonus CS, KRK RP8
    glazfolk
    RE: Cakewalk International Distributon ... Still a Joke! 2005/07/28 06:12:27 (permalink)
    Reading posts like these from Groveteer and gameera, I just can't understand why Cake persist in keeping their ehads firmly buried in the sand with regard to their International dealer network (so-called). There's a huge market out here ... I just can't figure out why they don't seem interested in getting tehir share of it.

Oh ... and memo to Cakewalk Marketing about that Pyro 5 sticky thread: please in future be good enough when posting these threads about special offers, whether thes eoffers are available to all customers or (like this one) First Class Customers (ie US customers on;ly). Save us wasting our time.
    dreamkeeper
    Max Output Level: -54 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2141
    RE: Cakewalk International Distributon ... Still a Joke! 2005/07/28 06:14:16 (permalink)
    I wanted to upgrade from S4SE to S4PE ($99 on the Cake website) but Roland didn't reply at all. Not to me, not to the people from my local store. When they finally did answer (After several requests for information from the store) they just said that there's no such upgrade offer in Europe.

Sorry to hear about your bad experience. FWIW: Edirol (is this the same as Roland CE?) DID offer the PE upgrade for 99€ on their website. I couldn't purchase though because the only payment method they offer, is credit card and I don't have one. So I emailed them and got a reply saying that I can order via my local dealer. Took my serial no. with me and went to Musik Schmidt in Frankfurt. They called Edirol and I had my upgrade one week later.

Just had a look, it's still available: Edirol

EDIT: Just to clarify, I didn't intend to defend Cake's international distribution policy. And don't get me started on the huge price difference!
    post edited by dreamkeeper - 2005/07/28 06:26:56
    LoopJunkie
    Max Output Level: -50.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2466
    RE: Cakewalk International Distributon ... Still a Joke! 2005/07/28 06:26:06 (permalink)
    Edirol

When I upgraded to 4 PE I had to do it via Edirol; they handle all transactions for Germany from the UK for whatever reasons - and they charged UK VAT (higher than German VAT) which is a quite unusual business practice - BUT: they called me twice at home to enquire if I really wanted the full US manual (I stated that in the order) and delivered within days with full manual, no extra cost

loop

Grooveteer
    RE: Cakewalk International Distributon ... Still a Joke! 2005/07/28 06:39:15 (permalink)
    Roland CE is for France, Belgium, Luxemburg and The Netherlands.

I had already given up, but the info about Edirol having the offer gives me some hope. (not much though)

I'll give it another shot.

Thanks guys.

Edit: I've just sent an email to Edirol to ask if it's possible to place my order with them. I'll keep you posted....
    post edited by Grooveteer - 2005/07/28 07:43:07

AMD X2 4800+, Asus A8V deluxe, 4Gb RAM, Dual 17" LCD, 2x UAD-1, Win XP-pro SP2, S7PE, Mackie Control, MOTU 128, Audiofire 12, Presonus CS, KRK RP8
    fac
    Max Output Level: -51 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2427
    RE: Cakewalk International Distributon ... Still a Joke! 2005/07/28 08:30:56 (permalink)
    Cakewalk International Distribution is practically non-existent.

I live in Mexico and when I upgraded from S2.2 to S4SE (through Roland AD) I had to make a couple of international calls since the Latin-american distributor is in the US and they don't even have a webpage.

I received an European manual with my copy of S4 even though we don't speak French or German in Mexico. It's doing a nice job lifting one of my monitors a couple of inches, though.

I had to order Kinetic from audiomidi.com because Cakewalk doesn't let me order online.

I can't take advantage of any special offers.

I can't buy downloadable software from Cakewalk.

I have never ever received any newsletter or offer email from Cakewalk.

I have emailed Cakewalk support without getting an answer.

I paid as much as anyone in the U.S. for my Sonar upgrade (even more if you consider taxes and S&H), but I'm not entitled to the same rights.

I want to buy P5v2 but I won't until Cakewalk changes their international policies because they are just plain wrong. I won't upgrade to S5 either.

I can't believe it's been more than two years and Cakewalk has done nothing about this.

http://facproductions.net

Lots of gear. Not enough time.
    Tonmann
    Max Output Level: -77 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 661
    RE: Cakewalk International Distributon ... Still a Joke! 2005/07/28 08:41:18 (permalink)
    The same here in germany.
    We have to deal with "edirol.de". No special upgrade-offers or bundles for already registered cakewalk customers are available here! This sucks bigtime!
    Also, there is no german customer-support available through edirol for cakewalk-products! One is immediately redirected to english support-form on the cakewalk.com homepage.
    Not that I personally have a problem with that, but IMO if a company sells translated versions of their programs (in this case Sonar 4) on the european market, there should be a customer care in the particular language, too...

Cakewalk REALLY needs to improve their "non-US" distribution and customer care!

cheers,
    Chris
    Grooveteer
    RE: Cakewalk International Distributon ... Still a Joke! 2005/07/28 08:46:45 (permalink)
    Tonmann,

Check the link Dreamkeeper provided:

ORIGINAL: dreamkeeper

Sorry to hear about your bad experience. FWIW: Edirol (is this the same as Roland CE?) DID offer the PE upgrade for 99€ on their website. I couldn't purchase though because the only payment method they offer, is credit card and I don't have one. So I emailed them and got a reply saying that I can order via my local dealer. Took my serial no. with me and went to Musik Schmidt in Frankfurt. They called Edirol and I had my upgrade one week later.

Just had a look, it's still available: Edirol

You might get lucky...

LoopJunkie
    RE: Cakewalk International Distributon ... Still a Joke! 2005/07/28 08:50:51 (permalink)
    We have to deal with "edirol.de". No special upgrade-offers or bundles for already registered cakewalk customers are available here!

I think meanwhile it's run out - when S4 was released they had an upgrade offer - slightly more expensive than the Cake website, but still acceptable.

loop

Tonmann
    Max Output Level: -77 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 661
    RE: Cakewalk International Distributon ... Still a Joke! 2005/07/28 09:02:08 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: LoopJunkie

We have to deal with "edirol.de". No special upgrade-offers or bundles for already registered cakewalk customers are available here!

I think meanwhile it's run out - when S4 was released they had an upgrade offer - slightly more expensive than the Cake website, but still acceptable.

Yes, but for example the special price offer for getting P5 for registered S4 users was not at all available through edirol! That are unfair practices IMHO.
    post edited by Tonmann - 2005/07/28 10:21:26
    b3gsus@msn.com
    Max Output Level: -65 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1293
    RE: Cakewalk International Distributon ... Still a Joke! 2005/07/28 09:20:14 (permalink)
    Geoff, Loop & all you other Global Customers,

I can totally sympathize with you folks as I feel that, "CAKEWALK" is creating some serious DAMAGE IN CUSTOMER RELATIONS!!!!

RON, you have to look at members like, "GLAZFOLK, & LOOP JUNKIE" (as well as many others! Please don't take offense!) These members are serious Customers that utilize your Software & understand it better than a great deal of the US customers. More importantly though, they offer A TON OF UNPAID CUSTOMER SUPPORT to the many Cakewalk Customers & I'd venture to say that because of their help and all the Loyal "US" Cakewalk Users as well,,,, bring many new Customers to Cakewalk & to not offer, "GLOBAL SUPPORT", & "COMPETITIVE GLOBAL PRICING" is not Good & Fair Business Practice! I personally feel that you MUST ADDRESS THESE LOYAL CUSTOMERS!
    I also believe this problem rates right up there with the highly anticipated, "4.0.3 Patch".....

IMHO, Sincerely, NC Wildman

Right now, as an Australian customer, I'd score Cakewalk Software at 9 out of 10 - but for service ... well, if you can't say anything nice about somebody ...

Wildman,,aka,,,"Nick Danger"
    Studiocat Core2Quad Q9550 w/P45 Cset XP-Pro Sonar Pro 8, 2 FF 800, Wclock, Avalon VT-737, Focusrite V Master,Eureka, 2-LA-4s, Neumann U87,TLM-103,Rode NTK,MCU,Event SP8s, DynAudio BM5As VS-2480 4 DA88
    2-Mackie 24/8buss
    ColinB52
    Max Output Level: -84 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 303
    RE: Cakewalk International Distributon ... Still a Joke! 2005/07/28 10:50:55 (permalink)
    Nick,

It's nice to have the support of some of our US colleagues,
    for what is an International problem.

It seems that the fiasco of last year with the 'Euro Manual'
    has not led Cakewalk to ensure the problems do not recurr.

I am now extremely worried that the Sonar 5 will now be
    delivered to everyone with a tri-lingual manual which contains the
    first 240 ish pages in English, French, and German.

No one wants it. and no one uses all three parts, but Cake seem to
    think it's a Europe mandatory thing - NOT SO! If it was, why not
    a third Spanish, a third Italian....... there's a few more, but you
    get the picture.

The problem is that Cakewalk use distributors, who often have absolutely
    NO loyalty to the Bakers, and couldn't care less about product sales, or
    support.

Currently Cake have over a million customers, but that ain't gonna last
    unless they start to show they really care about International Customer
    support.

Pyro 5 is a case in point - not expensive, but any international person
    can't order it direct from the website - that's Bizarre, because other
    companies will allow it all the time. I know, I've used them, and my
    credit card gets billed in dollars, and converted to UK pounds.

Colin
    post edited by ColinB52 - 2005/07/28 11:06:27
    b3gsus@msn.com
    RE: Cakewalk International Distributon ... Still a Joke! 2005/07/28 11:07:53 (permalink)
    Thanks ColinB52..

Although I don't post much I've been a member a long time & I've received a incredible amount of knowledge just from following the Daily Posts.. This matter is of, "GLOBAL IMPORTANCE" & this problem should be addressed yesterday/5 years ago,,,and so on,,,,,

I know that compared to other Audio Software Programs that Cakewalk has a better open communication with the Loyal Customer Base but this is something that Cakewalk needs to really pay attention to as it could literally, "Make or Break" the Worldy Cakewalk Loyalty. It's a Superb Program & getting better all the time but to really be the Best of the Bunch, all the Customers in the World need to feel the same amount of RESPECT!

No disrespect intended towards anyone! And it's all, "IMHO" Very Sincerely, NC Wildman,,,aka,,"Nick Danger" 3rd Eye
    post edited by b3gsus@msn.com - 2005/07/28 11:13:28

Studiocat Core2Quad Q9550 w/P45 Cset XP-Pro Sonar Pro 8, 2 FF 800, Wclock, Avalon VT-737, Focusrite V Master,Eureka, 2-LA-4s, Neumann U87,TLM-103,Rode NTK,MCU,Event SP8s, DynAudio BM5As VS-2480 4 DA88
    2-Mackie 24/8buss
    b3gsus@msn.com
    RE: Cakewalk International Distributon ... Still a Joke! 2005/07/28 11:14:00 (permalink)
    Another Excellent Point Colin!

I'm sure the vast majority of Global Customers would be much obliged to get the same English Language Manual that we enjoy here in the United States! I know I'd be up, "Poops Creek without a Paddle" if my Manual was written in Aborigine! (sp?) IS ANYONE AT CAKE PAYING ATTENTION! NC Wildman..
    I am now extremely worried that the Sonar 5 will now be
    delivered to everyone with a tri-lingual manual which contains the
    first 240 ish pages in English, French, and German.

No one wants it. and no one uses all three parts, but Cake seem to
    think it's a Europe mandatory thing - NOT SO! If it was, why not
    a third Spanish, a third Italian....... there's a few more, but you
    get the picture

2-Mackie 24/8buss
    urock
    Max Output Level: -80 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 501
    RE: Cakewalk International Distributon ... Still a Joke! 2005/07/28 11:15:43 (permalink)
    As a U.S. user, here's hoping that Cakewalk gets its international distribution in order. It can't be good for anybody if people can't buy product.

Also, maybe people should complain directly to Roland HQ also (Japan??). Perhaps they'd be unhappy to know that their various distribution outposts are doing a horrible job with sales.

I'm guessing Cakewalk is stuck with Roland for some set duration via contract that they probably couldn't change at this point (or wouldn't want to because of other benefits of Roland association). However, Cakewalk needs to stand up for their foreign customers if it wants to eventually slay the Digi dragon (or at least stay competitive with Steinburg and the others worldwide).

Best,

urock
    b3gsus@msn.com
    RE: Cakewalk International Distributon ... Still a Joke! 2005/07/28 11:20:38 (permalink)
    Urock, My biggest Question is why can't International Customers buy Direct from Cakewalk?? And though shipping & "VAT" may cost a bit more, at least they would have the same Package as we enjoy! NC Wildman

I'm guessing Cakewalk is stuck with Roland for some set duration via contract that they probably couldn't change at this point

2-Mackie 24/8buss
    Grooveteer
    RE: Cakewalk International Distributon ... Still a Joke! 2005/07/28 11:28:59 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: b3gsus@msn.com

Urock, My biggest Question is why can't International Customers buy Direct from Cakewalk??

The quote below is part of the reply I got from Cakewalk customer support:

Unfortunately the prices on our website are only for purchasing directly
    from us. Retail locations and international dealers are not required to
    offer the same pricing that we do. And, due to recent changes in tax
    legislation and laws, we are currently unable to sell to customers
    outside of the United States. We are forced to refer you to one of our
    International Dealers. You can find that information here:

http://www.cakewalk.com/Dealers/International.asp

I'm sorry to hear of your unhappiness with Roland, and hope that you
    find someplace that suits your needs. Please contact us with any
    further questions or concerns. We value your interest in Cakewalk Music
    Software.

Hope this helps

urock
    Max Output Level: -80 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 501
    RE: Cakewalk International Distributon ... Still a Joke! 2005/07/28 11:29:16 (permalink)
    Nick,

I'm guessing its based on a distribution contract providing for exclusive distributorship in various countries. However, maybe Cakewalk could work it so the distributor gets a commission off sales Cakewalk makes directly to individuals in those countries (in payment for marketing and servicing that the distributior does in the country). In any case, I'm sure there is some business way that this can be worked out.

Best,

urock

ColinB52
    Max Output Level: -84 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 303
    RE: Cakewalk International Distributon ... Still a Joke! 2005/07/28 11:31:42 (permalink)
    Nick, Urock,

I'd like to echo your sentiments.

I think I speak for all the previous posters, when I say........

We are not having a go at Cake, their employees or their products.

It's really a problem that - if we, the Cakewalk International Unpaid,
    but very loyal users ( the sixties word was 'Groupies') - see the
    problems with distribution, and treatment as users - then anyone
    cotemplating purchase will see it but in a much more negative way.

If Greg Hendershott and his Marketing want to keep their million
    customers, and grow their market share, they desperately need to
    find an answer to this problem.

Give me a job Greg - I'll resolve it for you!

I'd just like to say - I hope this doesn't start a 'We love the USA
    and Cakewalk' post, like the problems with the Euro manual did in
    the past. This is NOT knocking anyone in the US, or Cakewalk per se.

It's trying to get the International Distribution on a par with the US internal
    distribution, so that we can all benefit, and Cake can sell even more
    of their products, to a growing user base.

Colin
    Grooveteer
    RE: Cakewalk International Distributon ... Still a Joke! 2005/07/28 11:39:20 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: ColinB52

I think I speak for all the previous posters, when I say........

We are not having a go at Cake, their employees or their products.

Amen, brother.

In fact the only real, serious answer (and a quick one too) I ever got was from Cake customer support.

fac
    RE: Cakewalk International Distributon ... Still a Joke! 2005/07/28 12:17:46 (permalink)
    My biggest Question is why can't International Customers buy Direct from Cakewalk?? And though shipping & "VAT" may cost a bit more, at least they would have the same Package as we enjoy!

Trust me, it would not cost a bit more. When I upgraded from Sonar 1.0 to 2.2, Cakewalk was still taking online orders from Mexico. I paid about $35 USD for shipping.

Now, Roland Latin America charges $80 bucks for shipping to Mexico. It's unbelievable. I'd rather buy the product from audiomidi.com or some other store, but they don't usually sell upgrades.

Cakewalk: Please check what your so-called international distributors are actually offering because they are probably lowering your sales.

luismacedo
    Max Output Level: -87 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 190
    RE: Cakewalk International Distributon ... Still a Joke! 2005/07/28 12:33:36 (permalink)
    Hi everybody,

Let me share my experience.
    I used to buy directly an happilly from Cakewalk since PA-whatever-I-cannot-remember up until SONAR 2XL.
    In Oct./2003 I tried to upgrade to SONAR 3PE and Cakewalk told me: "bye, bye dear customer, go to your local market". Roland Portugal sent me to a distributor and in Oct/2003 I ask them for the upgrade. In the beginning of Jan/2004 they told me:"ok! you can put your order and it will take you to the end of the month to receive it." I put the order the same day and I got it at the end of June/2004. Some weeks later SONAR 4 was born.
    I used to receive newsletters from Cakewalk until January/2003... not anymore up today.
    Last month of June/2005 I have ordered the upgrade to SONAR 4PE, in the store they told me 3-5 weeks to delivery, but my best guess is beginning of Oct./2005 and maybe SONAR 5 is allready born at that time.
    Speaking about info from Cakewalk I am glad to have this forum and going to CakewalkNet.com so I can be up to date with news.
    Take just a look at this, when I go to Roland.pt(PORTUGAL) it routes me to RolandIBERIA which means RolandSPAIN and if I do a search on "SONAR" the answer I got is:
    Registers Found=0 ... and the same for "CAKEWALK". Try for yourself because it is fun.

But I love SONAR!! What can I do!

...just my 2 cents! Thank you all!!!

Hey, urock!! Nice guitar in your avatar! Is it a Taylor 414ce? Just like mine ..nice guitar, nice sound!

Regards from Portugal (a little country from Europe where we do not speak German, French, Spanish nor Italian - maybe a portuguese manual would be OK too - just kidding!)
    post edited by luismacedo - 2005/07/28 12:41:55
    LoopJunkie
    RE: Cakewalk International Distributon ... Still a Joke! 2005/07/28 12:55:59 (permalink)
    Just a cynical thought:

Upgrades are for existing customers only - why bother, they already have spend their money. Better concentrate on new customers, they can buy from webshops or wherever at seriously discounted prices and still spend much more than an existing customer on the upgrade ...

On VAT:
    Cake only has to set up shop, so to speak, in any European letterbox and handle VAT for all of the EU from there - it's no big deal, other companies have done that for years. But let's not forget, Cake is tiny: $10 million revenue, so they must save wherever they can.

Pyro:
    Just checked edirol.de. WHAT A DEAL!!! Pyro 2004 for just 49 Euro ($59)!!! Why would anybody want to download Pyro 5 for $29 (Euro 23.90) ???!

loop

fac
    RE: Cakewalk International Distributon ... Still a Joke! 2005/07/28 13:17:43 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: LoopJunkie
    Upgrades are for existing customers only - why bother, they already have spend their money. Better concentrate on new customers, they can buy from webshops or wherever at seriously discounted prices and still spend much more than an existing customer on the upgrade ...

I don't even think this is true. If existing customers are satisfied, they will keep upgrading and buying more products from the same company. In my case, I am satisfied with the product but not with the service. I would buy more products if the service was better, simply because in its current state it prevents me from buying more products.

In any case, there are also potential new customers in other places than the U.S. - in fact, I think the most potential market for Cakewalk is in Europe, where the "main" PC sequencer is Cubase.

b3gsus@msn.com
    RE: Cakewalk International Distributon ... Still a Joke! 2005/07/28 13:59:37 (permalink)
    Loop, I know what you say is true. I made a friend at FXPansion a couple years ago & I was able to buy & Download the Software I've bought directly from them. I believe as someone else mentioned that they probobly are locked into some Vender/Distributor Contract that prevents the Direct sale anywhere outside the USA but that's not to say they shouldn't try to modify whatever agreement...
    Just out of curiousity,,,, is there any reason for instance: I could buy another copy of Sonar 4 Producer & sell it for instance (only): to you for my cost plus shipping???? Then if you registered that copy, wouldn't you be entitled to Customer/Technical Support? If it is possible, alot of Americans might just become closer to our Global Friends!!!
    NC Wildman

On VAT:
    Cake only has to set up shop, so to speak, in any European letterbox and handle VAT for all of the EU from there - it's no big deal, other companies have done that for years.

2-Mackie 24/8buss
    Grooveteer
    RE: Cakewalk International Distributon ... Still a Joke! 2005/07/28 14:38:44 (permalink)
    WHOOO-HOOO!

Already got a reply from Edirol. I can order through them. (just did)

Maybe I should hold the whoohoo-ing until I have discs in grubby little hands, but I'm happy for the moment.

Thanks for the tip Dreamkeeper!

Love this forum.
    post edited by Grooveteer - 2005/07/28 14:46:59

Page: 12345.. > >> Showing page 1 of 6
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1