Danny Danzi - "Countdown to Insanity" *Metal* (CHB Cover)

Page: < 12345 Showing page 5 of 5
Author
lhansen
Max Output Level: -27.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 4765
Re:Danny Danzi - "Countdown to Insanity" *Metal* (CHB Cover) 2011/12/18 13:58:56 (permalink)
Sorry I'm late to the party Danny, but there's a reason for Slow Marching Band.. 

I have to be honest and say that this is some of the most fantastic guitar playing I've heard around these parts!! And, not just the playing, but how it 'fits' the song as well. You're on another level man with the music. What else do I say..it's kinda humbling after listening to this and you've honed all your skills!! Excellent!!

Slow Marching Band

Win 7 x64, Sonar X1E x64, Studio One v2, Focusrite Saffire 24 DSP Pro, Genelec 8030a, True Systems P-Solo, Focusrite ISA One, FMR RNP, GAP-73. 

"Someone to watch over me".
drma173
Max Output Level: -75 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 752
Re:Danny Danzi - "Countdown to Insanity" *Metal* (CHB Cover) 2011/12/18 14:04:15 (permalink)
nice tune!
Danny Danzi
  • Total Posts : 5810
Re:Danny Danzi - "Countdown to Insanity" *Metal* (CHB Cover) 2011/12/19 02:28:45 (permalink)
Larry: Hahaha thank God for Slow Marching Band to put us in a nice, peaceful place with just as much fantastic guitar playing and orchestration. :) Thanks a lot for the most kind words...put a smile on my face this morning. Really glad you enjoyed it...thanks again!

drma: thanks!

-Danny

My Site
Fractal Audio Endorsed Artist & Beta Tester
bapu
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 86000
Re:Danny Danzi - "Countdown to Insanity" *Metal* (CHB Cover) 2012/03/25 15:46:22 (permalink)
Buddy Bump!
bandontherun19
Max Output Level: -74 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 824
Re:Danny Danzi - "Countdown to Insanity" *Metal* (CHB Cover) 2012/03/25 19:49:13 (permalink)
Yeah, I commented on this when it was posted by the CHB. Good song.

All you need is love, just ask the Beatles?
----------
Lynn
Max Output Level: -14 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 6117
Re:Danny Danzi - "Countdown to Insanity" *Metal* (CHB Cover) 2012/03/28 18:18:32 (permalink)
I'm going to swim against the current here somewhat.  Of course, this is a terrific production and world class performance.  You are at the top of the heap in the volume wars.  Metallica, move over.  Yet, I'm glad you put the lyrics up because I would have had a difficult time understanding them otherwise.  That's all I have to say, really.  I guess I'm from the school that says if you value your lyrics, make them understood without jumping through hoops.  You still get an A-.

All the best,
Lynn

my songs
www.soundclick.com/lynnwilson

www.youtube.com/lywilson
my videos

Cakewalk by Bandlab| Sonar Platinum @ 64bits| i7 860 | 8 gigs ram | W10 @ 64 bits | RME FF 400
twisted6s
Max Output Level: -55 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2001
Re:Danny Danzi - "Countdown to Insanity" *Metal* (CHB Cover) 2012/03/28 19:23:46 (permalink)
This SH*T is FIRE brother Danny!!!!

Core 2 Quad Q9650 3.0 ghz processor, 8 gig ram, 2.5Tb drives, Sonar Platinum, Lynx L22, FMR Audio RNP & RNC, Mackie HR824, Neumann tlm 103, Window 10 64
https://soundcloud.com/twisted6s/sets/tony-pruden

spacealf
Max Output Level: -54 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2133
Re:Danny Danzi - "Countdown to Insanity" *Metal* (CHB Cover) 2012/03/28 19:53:54 (permalink)
Sounds fine, but again that venue of listening to it there just does not work on my computer all that good. (get clicks and pops and whatever it seems to other place I listen to someone's music).

Danny Danzi
Re:Danny Danzi - "Countdown to Insanity" *Metal* (CHB Cover) 2012/03/28 20:40:28 (permalink)
I'm going to swim against the current here somewhat. Of course, this is a terrific production and world class performance.

Thanks, much appreciated. :)

You are at the top of the heap in the volume wars. Metallica, move over.

Ouch...that kinda hurt. Though some would actually receive that as a compliment, unfortunately I'm not one of them and would have to disagree whole-heartedly. I'd like to also offer proof to support my disagreement.

Metallica St. Anger Wave form:

Danny Countdown Waveform:

Metallica St.Anger RMS:

Danny Countdown RMS:

Yep, I'm loud but nothing close to where they need to "move over". The average rock record ends up at about -12 to -15 RMS....I'm a little loud in the high 11's. I'm htting -7 max, they hit -4. That's a huge difference. Look at their wave form and mine. I never totally "sqaure box" and there are plenty of dynamics left in mine. You have to understand...comparing someone to Metallica which in my opinion had one of the worst sounding, loudest albums of all time...is well, sort of degrading even though you gave me an A- which I do appreciate.

Yet, I'm glad you put the lyrics up because I would have had a difficult time understanding them otherwise. That's all I have to say, really. I guess I'm from the school that says if you value your lyrics, make them understood without jumping through hoops. You still get an A-.

I'm not sure why that is...I hear them quite well on this end and haven't had any of my collegues from other studio's make a mention of it either. We're really hard on each other when we share files and bash each others brains in. I'm all for critiques but man, you stab me within an inch of death in one part and then reach for the phone to call 911 in the next. LOL! Not quite sure how to take it quite honestly. I do value my vocals and honestly thought they were loud and clear enough on this end as well as all the systems I listened on. Sorry they weren't that way for you. Thanks for the listen and the comments.

-Danny

My Site
Danny Danzi
Re:Danny Danzi - "Countdown to Insanity" *Metal* (CHB Cover) 2012/03/28 20:44:57 (permalink)
Thanks Tony! Glad you enjoyed it bro! We gotta catch up one of these days...hope all is well.

Thanks spacealf. I have that problem too at times. I have to go into my browser cache and steal a file out of there and bring it into one of my editors when that happens. Not sure why that is...but that's the only way I've been able to remedy the click and pop thing. Uusually when someone offers a physical mp3 that can be downloaded at high quality, I never get this propblem. But when they host it on a site or something to where it streams through another player...that's when I get issues.

-Danny

My Site
Lynn
Max Output Level: -14 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 6117
Re:Danny Danzi - "Countdown to Insanity" *Metal* (CHB Cover) 2012/03/28 21:44:11 (permalink)
Danny, I have the utmost respect for your talent and skills.  Yes, your wave form isn't as flat as Metallica's, and that's good because many engineers regard that album as the most over compressed album of all times.  I should have used an emoticon ;) at that point because that wasn't criticism.  It takes skill to master that loud and still have some dynamic range left so the music can breathe.  Yet, my point about the lead vocal level in relation to everything else stands.  I'm sorry if you felt like I stabbed you within an inch of death, but I figure if you put your music up for review, you must have a thick enough skin for honest opinions. ;)  If your looking for universal praise, then hallelujah!
Danny Danzi

I'm going to swim against the current here somewhat. Of course, this is a terrific production and world class performance.

Thanks, much appreciated. :) 

You are at the top of the heap in the volume wars. Metallica, move over.

Ouch...that kinda hurt. Though some would actually receive that as a compliment, unfortunately I'm not one of them and would have to disagree whole-heartedly. I'd like to also offer proof to support my disagreement. 

Metallica St. Anger Wave form: 

Danny Countdown Waveform: 

Metallica St.Anger RMS:  

Danny Countdown RMS:  

Yep, I'm loud but nothing close to where they need to "move over". The average rock record ends up at about -12 to -15 RMS....I'm a little loud in the high 11's. I'm htting -7 max, they hit -4. That's a huge difference. Look at their wave form and mine. I never totally "sqaure box" and there are plenty of dynamics left in mine. You have to understand...comparing someone to Metallica which in my opinion had one of the worst sounding, loudest albums of all time...is well, sort of degrading even though you gave me an A- which I do appreciate. 

Yet, I'm glad you put the lyrics up because I would have had a difficult time understanding them otherwise. That's all I have to say, really. I guess I'm from the school that says if you value your lyrics, make them understood without jumping through hoops. You still get an A-.

I'm not sure why that is...I hear them quite well on this end and haven't had any of my collegues from other studio's make a mention of it either. We're really hard on each other when we share files and bash each others brains in. I'm all for critiques but man, you stab me within an inch of death in one part and then reach for the phone to call 911 in the next. LOL! Not quite sure how to take it quite honestly. I do value my vocals and honestly thought they were loud and clear enough on this end as well as all the systems I listened on. Sorry they weren't that way for you. Thanks for the listen and the comments. 

-Danny 

All the best,
Lynn

my songs
www.soundclick.com/lynnwilson

www.youtube.com/lywilson
my videos

Cakewalk by Bandlab| Sonar Platinum @ 64bits| i7 860 | 8 gigs ram | W10 @ 64 bits | RME FF 400
arlen2133
Max Output Level: -78 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 601
Re:Danny Danzi - "Countdown to Insanity" *Metal* (CHB Cover) 2012/03/28 21:45:08 (permalink)
Danny,
I haven't been around, peak my head in and BAM! See your song posted.
After the listen, I have nothing but praise for ya. (and there WILL be more!)

Love the sound (Batman rhythm is cool), vocals (good job to Bapu and Philz for all the input) and the solo is really cool.
Although I wasn't an advent listener of rock through the last few decades, I've come to aquire a real taste for it. So far?  This is what I like and lean towards.  Fun stuff to listen to.
Great job man, you got my attention.

Arlen
aka
Mr Grant
my music

Cakewalk by Bandlab, Sonar Platinum (2017.09) & X3e , Windows 7 64 bit, Intel I5 3.4 Ghz, 32 Gbs RAM, Saffire Pro40, various pres and VSTi's.

Danny Danzi
Re:Danny Danzi - "Countdown to Insanity" *Metal* (CHB Cover) 2012/03/29 03:07:36 (permalink)
LynnDanny, I have the utmost respect for your talent and skills. Yes, your wave form isn't as flat as Metallica's, and that's good because many engineers regard that album as the most over compressed album of all times. I should have used an emoticon ;) at that point because that wasn't criticism. It takes skill to master that loud and still have some dynamic range left so the music can breathe. Yet, my point about the lead vocal level in relation to everything else stands. I'm sorry if you felt like I stabbed you within an inch of death, but I figure if you put your music up for review, you must have a thick enough skin for honest opinions. ;) If your looking for universal praise, then hallelujah!

That's understood and I appreciate the reply....you gotta remember, anything associated with Metallica and being loud is well...bad and sort of a stab which is what I meant by that. :) I didn't think I was THAT loud to where they had to move over. LOL!

I didn't dispute your comment on the vocal thing and both accept and appreciate the crit. I just wanted you to know that I DID run this by some pretty anal sources that gave me a thumbs up...so I had assumed I was decent shape. :)

I also wasn't looking for universal praise and I actually do have thick skin. I just try to understand how/why people hear/feel the things they crit about because it helps me. Again I thank you for the listen and the crit. I'll take an A- anyday. Heck I'll take a C- but I just had to at least try to state some proof about the Metallica thing. LOL!

-Danny

My Site
Danny Danzi
Re:Danny Danzi - "Countdown to Insanity" *Metal* (CHB Cover) 2012/03/29 03:16:04 (permalink)
arlen2133

Danny,
I haven't been around, peak my head in and BAM! See your song posted.
After the listen, I have nothing but praise for ya. (and there WILL be more!)

Love the sound (Batman rhythm is cool), vocals (good job to Bapu and Philz for all the input) and the solo is really cool.
Although I wasn't an advent listener of rock through the last few decades, I've come to aquire a real taste for it. So far?  This is what I like and lean towards.  Fun stuff to listen to.
Great job man, you got my attention.

Hi Arlen,

Thanks so much. It's good to hear from you. I got news for ya man, I've not been much of a rock fan myself even in my time of the 80's. Other than cool guitar players during that time, I've not enjoyed much rock since the 70's.

This was a bit different for my stylistically and without the inspiration, writing and building blocks set up for me by the CHB members, I would have never been able to come up with a song like this on my own. Steve's vibe, Steve, Ed and Phil's words and the main melody Phil came up with...and Grant actually inspired the Batman type thing from another song he was working on. This is so different from my poppier, melodic rock type stuff, even I was in uncharted waters here. The guys felt this was a bit light due to the meaning/words yet to me, it's probably the heaviest piece I've ever been a part of. LOL! Most of my stuff is along the lines of Richard Marx singing in a hard rock band. LOL! So this was definitely different for me. At any rate, I'm glad you liked it. Thanks again! :)

-Danny

My Site
soens
Max Output Level: -23.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 5154
Re:Danny Danzi - "Countdown to Insanity" *Metal* (CHB Cover) 2012/03/29 06:41:17 (permalink)
WOW!

The best sounding songs are notoriously those you have fun a blast writing and playing.

I think I detected just a hint of such like fervor in this instance. Pure creativity! 

(Pssst! Behind every great Sonar song is at least one of Panu's mods. Panu's mods inspire! No lie! They make all the diff in the world! This song's livin proof!)

So how does the "original" sound? Let's hear! Let's hear!

Steve 
post edited by soens - 2012/03/29 06:58:06
Danny Danzi
Re:Danny Danzi - "Countdown to Insanity" *Metal* (CHB Cover) 2012/03/29 08:34:47 (permalink)
Thanks, glad you enjoyed it. Agreed on Panu's mods as well as Benstat's! :)

You can hear the real band that wrote this song perform it here. http://forum.cakewalk.com/tm.aspx?m=2469519

-Danny

My Site
Tom Riggs
Max Output Level: -57.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1752
Re:Danny Danzi - "Countdown to Insanity" *Metal* (CHB Cover) 2012/04/01 09:10:38 (permalink)
Excellent work. Danny I have nothing but respect for you and your work. Thanks for sharing this.

i7-3770k OC at 4.5Ghz, asus p8z77-m, 16g g.skill aries 1600 c9 ram, Noctua d-14 cooler, RME HDSPe Raydat, Motu FastLane, Nvidea GTX 980 ti 6G, windows 7 and 8.1 pro x64. Sonar Platinum and x3e currently installed

My Music 
My YouTube

notnat
Max Output Level: -23 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 5236
Re:Danny Danzi - "Countdown to Insanity" *Metal* (CHB Cover) 2012/04/01 20:52:57 (permalink)
(grin) still knocks me out...
Danny Danzi
Re:Danny Danzi - "Countdown to Insanity" *Metal* (CHB Cover) 2012/04/02 04:28:44 (permalink)
Tom: thanks so much for the listen and the kind words...and you're welcome. Thanks to the CHB for allowing me to share it. :)

Frank: thanks brother...been enjoying your CD quite a bit. I listen in my car on my way to gigs...it pumps me up yet is quite spiritual and takes the edge off me because I'm always so stressed before a gig. :) It's also a great reality check for me....knowing I'll never be able to play like you while wishing I could. :)

-Danny 

My Site
Page: < 12345 Showing page 5 of 5
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1