Dream girl, **Final remix** 4/30

Page: < 123 Showing page 3 of 3
Author
timidi
Max Output Level: -21 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 5449
Re:Dream girl, completely re-mixed, and re-produced as a pop-rock tune. 2011/05/03 22:09:05 (permalink)
woops.
Great tune Robby. 
Yea, really.....
post edited by timidi - 2011/05/04 20:28:10

ASUS P8P67, i7-2600K, CORSAIR 16GB, HIS 5450, 3 Samsung SSD 850, Win7 64, RME AIO.

https://timbowman.bandcamp.com/releases

rockinrobby
Max Output Level: -65 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1265
Re:Dream girl, completely re-mixed, and re-produced as a pop-rock tune. 2011/05/04 19:58:07 (permalink)
Serious Noize!

Hat's off to you sir!!!!!!!!! Dang man, I've had the pleasure to hear how far your music has "STARTED" over the last few year.

Dude, you've got it going on man! If you ever need an old 80's fart to add something give me a shout. I'd be honored to give it a try.

What you have accomplished here is what I have been trying to bring to life with my own music, perhaps in a different way, but the principal is still there.

Just  FREAKING AWESOME Robby!!!!!

Well I'm glad you liked it Bobby :-) It's one of my personal favorites, if not my personal favorite.

http://www.reverbnation.com/rockinrobby

Evil lurks here among us again... "Beware."
rockinrobby
Re:Dream girl, completely re-mixed, and re-produced as a pop-rock tune. 2011/05/05 21:20:53 (permalink)
chuckebaby

i gave this another few listens again today robbie..you know me..im a pretty ballz to the wallz smashing guitars,breaking tables type of guy..this is a great song.your voice just stretches the high end of the song.i love the dynamics and i love what you write about the signwave leaving room to breath in the saong..and it shows..its load and in your face(in a good way)but yet sounds soft enough for a lula-bye.be proud.this is good.

:-) It's funny because just last night I was "dreaming about women..." in a good way :-) But not this one, she's a distant memory... Thanks Charlie!

Serious Noize!
Max Output Level: -87 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 164
Re:Dream girl, completely re-mixed, and re-produced as a pop-rock tune. 2011/05/06 02:56:04 (permalink)
Well, I meant what I said, maybe I can come up with a cool tune you can sing someday. Or perhaps I can sing one of my own. We shall see. Sorry to change the subject on ya like that.

This is my second favorite to cool guitar. You really kicked some arse on that tune.

Excellent either way!!!!

rockinrobby
Re:Dream girl, completely re-mixed, and re-produced as a pop-rock tune. 2011/05/06 13:50:39 (permalink)
vechung

I like it better this way.  But for the drums I would keep it more grandiouse by slowing the hi-hat. 

Thanks Vincente! I incorporated your recommendation :-)

rockinrobby
Re:Dream girl, completely re-mixed, and re-produced as a pop-rock tune. 2011/05/06 20:44:39 (permalink)
JD1813

Janet

Aren't you glad I showed you how to do that?  :)  I've never seen the velocity CC. I guess I should have known it was there though.  Why is it darker in the middle? 

Really enjoyed this listen, and I can see why everyone's comments are raving.  Love the piano and orchestrations.  I must have really crappy phones here at work cause the vocals came out all distorted and fuzzy.  But wanted Janet to see I also looked at the MIDI chart you showed and am looking at the pedals and velocity - with great interest.  Really an awesome job on this, I can see the tons of work that went into it!

Thanks John, yes it was "tons" of work! I hope not to attempt anything this involved for some time.

rockinrobby
Re:Dream girl, completely re-mixed, and re-produced as a pop-rock tune. 2011/05/07 01:53:21 (permalink)
No How

Yes, this sounds much better than i last heard.  Everything is nicely balanced and clean. 
You're really getting the big arrangements down nicely.

Thanks Rick, high praise coming from someone I admire so much :-) Thank you! There are a lot of others who I know won't comment, never will... 

There are still others who I don't understand why they won't? Unless there's "a memo??, could be?" In either case? All I can do is make music, support those who support me? And keep on truckin!! And I'm going to do that :-) For those who boycott  for no apparent reason? All I can do is pray for them, and their families. As I do for you and yours Rick. I hope 2011 is a tremendous year for you!! And for the haters? Well... Jesus loves you? And I'm trying...

MannyNY
Max Output Level: -76 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 732
Re:Dream girl, completely re-mixed, and re-produced as a pop-rock tune. 2011/05/07 08:28:40 (permalink)
Somehow I missed this – or maybe it was subconscious rejection because your tracks are always so spot on that it’s a bit irritating.   So, just as I expected - terrific song and strong performance. The vocal is just super. It’s very “big” sounding, the arrangement is complex and it has a  true movie theme feel to it. If I ruled the world (clearly I don’t) I’d say drop the drums, generate that movement with bass/cello and pull that lead guitar up during it’s shining moment. I can only imagine how much time and effort went into this (I can barely put a chord chart together). It’s worth it, this is really good stuff.
dke
Max Output Level: -76 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 724
Re:Dream girl, completely re-mixed, and re-produced as a pop-rock tune. 2011/05/07 15:36:12 (permalink)
All your hard work is really paying off on this one Robbie!  With all the orchestra, guitars, drums and vox it has to be monster mix too work on but you've done a great job with it.  On my headphones it really sounds great, on my monitors the vox sound a little low in the mix, but hesitate to really say anything cause alot of stuff sounds that way on my monitors (probably placement or something)

I'm not big into most ballad type songs but you really a have a good one here and you really did a great job on vocals, arrangement, well all of it really!

Dan

Sonar Platinum ( x64),  Windows 10 x64, HP Envy i5 2.9GHZ, 8GB, Tascam 4x4 USB, BX5a Monitors.
M@ B
Max Output Level: -68 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1128
Re:Dream girl, completely re-mixed, and re-produced as a pop-rock tune. 2011/05/08 00:09:52 (permalink)
hi rockin' rob,
great song, nice job.
i enjoyed it.
thanks.

rockinrobby
Re:Dream girl, completely re-mixed, and re-produced as a pop-rock tune. 2011/05/08 02:38:55 (permalink)
Thanks Bobby, I'm still thanking others individually, I've already thanked you under one of your other IDs.

Serious Noize!
Max Output Level: -87 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 164
Re:Dream girl, completely re-mixed, and re-produced as a pop-rock tune. 2011/05/08 03:54:28 (permalink)
rockinrobby

Thanks Bobby, I'm still thanking others individually, I've already thanked you under one of your other IDs.

I only use the one I am using right now when replying, and it's the only one I have.  If someone is using an ID other than mine then please call them out on it, make an example out of them because it is not me.

Robby, I am Bobby, I only have this ID Serious Noize! There is no other reason for me to have any other ID than that.

Whatever the case, let's both move away from that subject and talk about the subject that should be spoken about, YOUR SONG.

I think it's awesome dude!

Let's side step the BS and move on to the the tunes ok. 

You really throwed out everything on this one, and you should be proud of it for doing so. Heck man, I don't listen to the radio anymore, but if I did I would think this one would be #1 or right around the top.

Excellent tune man!

Bobby - YES THE REAL BOBBY, and if someone appears to be otherwise please let me know. Send me an email, but don't accuse me of being someone else here on the forums without contacting the REAL ME FIRST.

rockinrobby
Re:Dream girl, completely re-mixed, and re-produced as a pop-rock tune. 2011/05/08 15:21:42 (permalink)
philz

Great tune Robby, and well done all around.  You can smell the blood, sweat and tears.  The first few notes sort of reminded me of an old Tom Petty tune (read that as a compliment).

I liked the way it built.  I sort of get where James was coming from with his comments, but in my case I'm attributing those feelings to my rocker bias.  You, sir, are the master of the ballad.

back philz, thanks you can smell something? That's for sure :-) Looking forward to a colab. I haven't been able to sing or even speak really for days... I've been down with something nasty and just got my good drugs today, so hopefully I'll be back on my feet this week. We're all (most of us) old rockers ;-) And I try to be more of a rocker? But this ballad stuff is what comes pouring out of me, uncontrollably, like urine from a homeless man on the streets of Atlanta...

chuckebaby
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 13146
Re:Dream girl, completely re-mixed, and re-produced as a pop-rock tune. 2011/05/08 23:46:45 (permalink)
listen to this again a few days ago..my wife really likes this tune..she wants me to get a copy of it..lol..tells you something robbie..you can reach a wide range in audience...shes my toughest cridic..always finds that tiny mistake in everysong i make..lol..anyway wanted to let you know we like the tune..peace.

Windows 8.1 X64 Sonar Platinum x64
Custom built: Asrock z97 1150 - Intel I7 4790k - 16GB corsair DDR3 1600 - PNY SSD 220GB
Focusrite Saffire 18I8 - Mackie Control

rockinrobby
Re:Dream girl, completely re-mixed, and re-produced as a pop-rock tune. 2011/05/09 21:16:28 (permalink)
Bob Oister

Hey, Robby,

This is really great!  Well written and performed, the piano sounds fabulous, and the vocals are excellent, as always.

I really like the orchestration and it sounds really good, especially during the intro. My only extremely minor personal nitpick is the solo orchestral sound during the three note transitions before the pre-choruses. To be honest, I'm not sure why, but for some odd reason, it reminds me of the organist at a Major League Baseball game. Only on those three notes when they play by themselves, but then again, I'm probably just going crazy!

Anyway, the song is really fantastic and it sounds great, and you can sure tell that you put a ton of hard work into it. Really nice job, buddy!

Have a good one,
Bob

Big Bad Bob :-) Good to see you here as always, seems that coda caught several people off guard? Hey thanks for listening and for commenting.

rockinrobby
Re:Dream girl, completely re-mixed, and re-produced as a pop-rock tune. 2011/05/10 18:32:07 (permalink)
dlogan

Hey Robby - every mix has been an improvement. I like the newest tweaks. Good job!

Thanks Dave! I couldn't do it without peoples comments and crits!

SteveStrummerUK
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 31112
Re:Dream girl, completely re-mixed, and re-produced as a pop-rock tune. 2011/05/10 18:54:23 (permalink)

Hi Robby

Everything about this epic screams class - the performances, mix and production are all from the top drawer.

Wonderful

Music:     The Coffee House BandVeRy MeTaL

rockinrobby
Re:Dream girl, completely re-mixed, and re-produced as a pop-rock tune. 2011/05/17 19:13:24 (permalink)

bapu

Robby, 

I will post my comments (before reading others). 
The vocals seem sonically dull. 

All the instrumentation seems way too hot. The piano in the intro overpowers the vocals.  That said, it's a great song and you arranged and sang it beautifully. 

Thanks Bapu, I edited the mix a while back based on your comments and others, I really appreciate the constructive crits.

mgh

certainly a 100% improvement over the original. the vocals fit much better now, and the orchestra is more convincing. just to mess with your head, i would now reduce the verb on the snare a little. the guitar solo is a little lost in the rest of the music and could come up. great work for getting this so close, it must be incredibly hard to mix! 

Thanks Mark, It was a bear... I got it to the point where I can't really make any more changes, because it's crashing sonar... I could make more changes but I've have to bounce a lot of things, so it's done. I'd like to get a new studio cat DAW, maybe next year at tax time God willing...

Taylor_514C
Max Output Level: -66 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1215
Re:Dream girl, **Final remix** 4/30 2011/05/17 21:02:52 (permalink)
Niiiiiicley done Mr. Robby - I enjoyed the lead on the middle 8.  Great job on vox.

-Douglas

Taylor_514CMy Music:

Tap
Max Output Level: -30 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 4536
Re:Dream girl, **Final remix** 4/30 2011/05/17 23:45:13 (permalink)
Gosh, I seem to remember this one, but it sure has changed. Yeah, this is really great, just freakin great..... So this is done, right?  Uhmmm ... yeah, this was done right!!!!

MC4 - M-Audio FW410 / Behringer UCA202 - Fender Strat / Jazzmaster / DuoSonic / Washburn / Peavy Foundation M-Audio Radium 49 Roland Juno 106 / JazzChorus / Seymore Duncan Convertible - HP A1230N ( AMD Athalon 3800+ 2G Ram + 200G HD )

http://soundclick.com/cut2thechaise

cryophonik
Max Output Level: -28 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 4724
Re:Dream girl, **Final remix** 4/30 2011/05/19 23:09:54 (permalink)
Dang, Robby - your voice really sounds great on this.  Production and instrumentation is outstanding, as always.  I wish I had your attention your detail!

cryophonik   |   soundcloud  |   Facebook

Q6600 | GA-EP45-UD3P | Windows 7 64 | 8GB
Access Virus Keyboard TI2 | Kurzweil PC3X | NI Maschine

rockinrobby
Re:Dream girl, completely re-mixed, and re-produced as a pop-rock tune. 2011/05/22 14:36:18 (permalink)
our singing is just great!!! Epic song as well! The MP3 encoding seems to have hit your song pretty bad though. But I can vividly imagine how great it must sound at your place. But is there a hint too much breath freq in the vocals? Sven
SvenArne

Your singing is just great!!! Epic song as well!

The MP3 encoding seems to have hit your song pretty bad though. But I can vividly imagine how great it must sound at your place. But is there a hint too much breath freq in the vocals?

Sven

Sven, thanks for your input, I towned it down in the 10K and up region of the vox per your suggestion.

guitartrek
Max Output Level: -47 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2842
Re:Dream girl, completely re-mixed, and re-produced as a pop-rock tune. 2011/05/22 15:03:52 (permalink)
A great song Robby.  Nice melodies, hooks and lyrics - a all the ingredients for a hit song.  You did a nice job on the orchestration.  Of course your voice is fantastic and the style of the song suits your voice perfectly. 

A couple things - the decay on the piano is too abrubt for me.  Maybe a different setting on the piano, or a fast attack compression.  The piano could use a little more long reverb - that's purely subjective of course.  Also, when the strings first come in they are too present.  Maybe a lower gain, and adding some lush reverb on the strings to push them back. 

All in all, you know how to create hit songs.
rockinrobby
Re:Dream girl, completely re-mixed, and re-produced as a pop-rock tune. 2011/05/26 03:56:34 (permalink)
geeare1

Hi Robby,
The arrangement and mix sound fantastic to me...
 And your vocal, as always, is incredible.
 Oh yea, I love the song, too
 Great job, man.

Thanks Gary I appreciate it, I continue to work on my mixes... This one is kind of frozen where it is based on my current DAW.

Page: < 123 Showing page 3 of 3
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1