Noel, Brandon and Seth....while you're here....

Page: < 12345 Showing page 5 of 5
Author
ba_midi
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 14061
Re:Noel, Brandon and Seth....while you're here.... 2011/01/29 15:29:50 (permalink)
guitartrek

rscain

To archive now you highlight a track, right click on it, and scroll to "MSR", then check "Archive".
It's just as intuitive to me now as the old way was, but it did take me a while to find it (this was before the complete manual was available) and it took me a while to get used to it.

I like the new archiving even better than the old.  If you open up the left hand window of the Track view to expose the archive button, you can just click it to toggle on or off.  I prefer this over the old drop down menu.

Geno,

It was there before too -- in the track header widgets (along with Mute Solo etc) but you had to have the header wide enough or wrapped around to see it.

Billy Arnell (ba-midi)

http://www.ba-midi.com/music/files
Music gives me life, so I give life Music.
Thanks for listening - Let's Dance to the rhythm of life! :)
guitartrek
Max Output Level: -47 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2842
Re:Noel, Brandon and Seth....while you're here.... 2011/01/29 17:01:08 (permalink)
Billy - with the old Sonar I always used to go through the drop down.  I could have sworn that it didn't let you hit the button to change the archive status.  Was that added somewhere along the way in a version and I never noticed it?
jimknopf
Max Output Level: -86 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 207
Re:Noel, Brandon and Seth....while you're here.... 2011/01/29 17:33:55 (permalink)
guitartrek
I love Sonar, but some of these dialogue boxes have outdated non-intuitive defaults and are due for an overhaul.
+1     That's one of the things you meet more than once in x1a: not defaulting to intuitive solutions (especially concerning tracks and clips) and reverting to unwanted settings (grid etc.). Cakewalk should check both through all functions.
Page: < 12345 Showing page 5 of 5
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1