Helpful ReplyNew Dragons tune Remix4 8-17-14

Page: < 123 Showing page 3 of 3
Author
bapu
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 86000
Re: New Dragons tune 2014/08/25 20:40:34 (permalink)
Oh man, I dinnit comment yet?

I will.... soon.
The Band19
Max Output Level: -47.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2795
Re: New Dragons tune 2014/08/25 20:44:21 (permalink)
And with all of that said? Again! So much, I appreciate anyone who takes the time to listen, and drop a note. Those with good ears who can help are appreciated "even more!" 

I used to think I knew it all? Now, I understand how little I actually know...

I do like to sing? And thanks to all for your kind words on my performances. It really is my passion... I sang in choir from 1st grade through 12th? Lettered in it as a Madrigal. Then in bands, then in church, now in the living room. But I do love it so. Not sure how many years are left, hopefully several. I am blessed to have a partner (Mr. Markno999) that I can sing with. He is truly talented.... And I am so fortunate to have such a partner to collaborate with, much respect to Mark even though he did not play on this, I am blessed to have him as a colab partner. 

And the fact that my son is picking up music? He's learning to play guitar and keys... It makes me really proud... And he's so talented? It's raw yet, but I can see it/hear it... I hope I can be there for him for a few more years, he's only 11 and a boy needs his father (IMO) 

Again, I want to sincerely thank everyone for your comments, suggestions, and support. I really appreciate this forum "REALLY" and there are so many talented people here who I tip my hat to? Thank you all. 

Sittin downtown in a railway station one toke over the line.
The Band19
Re: New Dragons tune 2014/08/25 20:49:40 (permalink)
Ed, regardless of our differences? *you know what they are :-) I value your talents and abilities! :-D And hope you can forgive my transgressions... They are many. 

stevec
  • Total Posts : 11546
Re: New Dragons tune 2014/08/25 20:50:29 (permalink)
The Band19
WHAT? That beautiful girl playing the fiddle was/is only 14!!?? I'm sorry sir, she appeared to be in her early 20s... I don't envy you. The azz kickings you'll need to administer? You'll need to beat people about their head and shoulders, and then move on to their Prell. Again, my sincere apologies. I try not to be creepy? Or at least to disguise my creepiness? I don't want to be "in your face creepy?" I'm sure you are very proud, she's very beautiful, and very talented. VERY talented. 

Sorry about that, Robbie, it was a minor case of Communication Breakdown.    The girl in the video is not my daughter, that's Lindsey Stirling - http://www.lindseystirling.com/

My daughter is a big IDs fan so tends to find anything and everything related to them.

So... continue with the son-in-law thing. 

SteveC
https://soundcloud.com/steve-cocchi
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=39163

SONAR Platinum x64, Intel Q9300 (2.5Ghz), Asus P5N-D, Win7 x64 SP1, 8GB RAM, 1TB internal + ESATA + USB Backup HDDs, ATI Radeon HD5450 1GB RAM + dual ViewSonic VA2431wm Monitors;
Focusrite 18i6 (ASIO);
Komplete 9, Melodyne Studio 4, Ozone 7 Advanced, Rapture Pro, GPO5, Valhalla Plate, MJUC comp, MDynamic EQ, lots of other freebie VST plugins, synths and Kontakt libraries

bapu
  • Total Posts : 86000
Re: New Dragons tune 2014/08/25 21:09:12 (permalink)
Piano sounds like it's in a different room to me.

Bass seems a little muddy to me. If you need a "good" bass player I might know Juan.

I don't know the tune so I can't comment on the arrangement but I suspect you tried to stick close to the original.

Hand claps are good.

Good effort Robby. I'm sure your son will love singing it.
The Band19
Re: New Dragons tune 2014/08/25 21:13:24 (permalink)
stevec
The Band19
WHAT? That beautiful girl playing the fiddle was/is only 14!!?? I'm sorry sir, she appeared to be in her early 20s... I don't envy you. The azz kickings you'll need to administer? You'll need to beat people about their head and shoulders, and then move on to their Prell. Again, my sincere apologies. I try not to be creepy? Or at least to disguise my creepiness? I don't want to be "in your face creepy?" I'm sure you are very proud, she's very beautiful, and very talented. VERY talented. 

Sorry about that, Robbie, it was a minor case of Communication Breakdown.    The girl in the video is not my daughter, that's Lindsey Stirling - http://www.lindseystirling.com/

My daughter is a big IDs fan so tends to find anything and everything related to them.

So... continue with the son-in-law thing. 

Ok, whew! I'm glad I'm not a perv! (as far as you know...) Lindsey is "amazing..." 

The Band19
Re: New Dragons tune 2014/08/25 21:15:40 (permalink)
bapu
Piano sounds like it's in a different room to me.

Bass seems a little muddy to me. If you need a "good" bass player I might know Juan.

I don't know the tune so I can't comment on the arrangement but I suspect you tried to stick close to the original.

Hand claps are good.

Good effort Robby. I'm sure your son will love singing it.

If you played that Warwick fretless? You would never go back to that Alembic... It would ruin you for any other bass!

Ed, thanks very much sir. It is a bit muddy? :-) 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_YlS3SLoz8

Nobody commented on the synths? I worked hard on those, to make them sound like the cover. Those and the drums (damn drums took the longest, I hate the drums... ) But I love the keys? And the bass most of all, and the guitars... The vocals come natural, I like them too. I believe the bass is the soul of the song...

There are other important parts? But the bass is the soul IMO.... If I couldn't play the bass? I would try to get you to play it Ed.
 ==============================
The boy said I "over sang" this one? I told him I disagree? This song requires "emotion?"  He felt that my "emotion" was over singing? I don't believe that's so... 

It's time to begin isn't it? 
post edited by The Band19 - 2014/08/25 22:37:26

The Band19
Re: New Dragons tune 2014/08/27 02:00:47 (permalink)
Hup!

Makke
Max Output Level: -78 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 617
Re: New Dragons tune 2014/08/28 11:32:47 (permalink)
well done version.. sounds good

My english  is not very good. So please, forgive me for my short posts. 

BullHill Sounds

Sonar  /  Roland Quad-Capture interface
The Band19
Re: New Dragons tune 2014/08/28 22:07:11 (permalink)
Thanks Big Mac! And everyone else who's commented, I sincerely appreciate that you took time out to stop by. I did this one for the boy, and he was very happy with his version so, "he shoots, HE SCORES!" The fact that others liked it is icing on the cake, thank you all very much. Now I'm actually working on a bluegrass tune? 

The Band19
Re: New Dragons tune 2014/08/30 01:31:18 (permalink)
The new grass tune is a classic, "Fox on the run" probably over 100 different groups have done this one, it's a true classic. Got some new banjo VST SW, and I've been working to learn it. Good times. I can play the guitar, mando, and dobro? And am hoping to get a certain someone to sit in on the fiddle. 

Page: < 123 Showing page 3 of 3
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1