Helpful ReplyRapture - Who Actually Uses and Likes This Synth?

Page: < 123 Showing page 3 of 3
Author
Magic Russ
Max Output Level: -82 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 412
Re: Rapture - Who Actually Uses and Likes This Synth? 2018/02/09 05:21:17 (permalink)
Anderton
  • Look at both the top and bottom sets of lines and use Rapture to do effing awesome stuff even though some parts of it really suck.

More like use Rapture Classic as your editor to do the bulk of your creation and treat Rapture Pro as a player.

Check Out my presets for Rapture Classic
http://patcharena.com/dow...5c3a1a706c5f940397d297
Tomas M.
Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 77
Re: Rapture - Who Actually Uses and Likes This Synth? 2018/02/09 08:54:44 (permalink)
mumpcake
Anderton
Rapture Pro has:
  1. Stupifyingly bad sample and preset management
  2. A worse user interface than the original Rapture
  3. Unnecessarily difficult programming where you have to switch pages all the time even for basic stuff
  4. Inability to control levels and envelope parameters well (or predictably) with modulation
But it also has:
  1. Incredibly cool step sequencing and modulation options
  2. The six elements (and ability to do one note per channel) is great for MIDI guitar
  3. The audio engine handles transpositions remarkably well
  4. The Instrument page makes parameter tweaking really simple
  5. No other synthesizer I've found can create the same kinds of patches as Rapture Pro, or offers the same kind of creative potential

I've noticed that most of the negatives you list come from the upgrade to Rapture Pro, where most of the positives come from the classic Rapture.

Which leads me to ask, how much influence did you have over this project?

That's why i don't do a update to pro.
I download the demo of pro and must say, the gui of rapture is much more better than the of pro.
The modulation options Filtersection and effectsection are the same (or not?).

For me it takes a very long and sometimes not so easy time to discover the potential of rapture.
especially the interaction between the envelopegenerator and the stepsequencer. once you're on the right path, you have many possibilites to design a sound.

My Equipment
Gigabyte GA P35 s3g, 2Gb Ram, Intel Pentium Dual Core 2,66 Ghz, Creamware I Scope 4.5 + SRB Board I, Sonar Platinum, alesis usb 320, Cakewalk A300 Pro, Midicontroller C-Mexx MIR, Turntable SYNQ X-TRM 1, Battle Mixer Numark M2
mumpcake
Max Output Level: -59 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1609
Re: Rapture - Who Actually Uses and Likes This Synth? 2018/02/10 17:24:28 (permalink)
Anderton
As to me, I'll be more distressed if I can't use Rapture Pro any more compared to if I can't use Sonar any more. There are other DAWs; there aren't other Rapture Pros.

You're not alone in that.
marled
Max Output Level: -85 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 251
Re: Rapture - Who Actually Uses and Likes This Synth? 2018/02/10 21:16:28 (permalink)
I see it different. There are 1000s of synths available, but not that many DAWs. In addition to that it takes much more time to learn a DAW than to use a new synth.

... many years before ...
Page: < 123 Showing page 3 of 3
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1