Helpful ReplySpeedy SONAR Kingston Update now available

Page: < 12345.. > >> Showing page 3 of 6
Author
Unknowen
Max Output Level: -65 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1276
Re: Speedy SONAR Kingston Update now available 2015/11/28 12:49:59 (permalink)
Doktor Avalanche
OK I tried. I'm afraid your approach here is going to get your nowhere and just reinforce polarised and charactatured viewpoints.

Whenever I come here you are a good guy for the most part. and that's cool for you BUT I have seen your other side as well... lol, its all cool! and you know NO ONE remembers when someone just comes here and posts a real issues.. they just fade away down and out with no feed back... I'm not in a mood at all.. I'm a writer and a song drama person... it's all illusion.. yeah my spelling su ks sometimes but I HAVE to only use one had to type.. thanks to that chainsaw... but I still make my point... right out there into the world... and this time I mean world!  

peace brother!

Hay look,
Somethings are not locked in stone... lol 3/18/2019
Beepster
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 18001
Re: Speedy SONAR Kingston Update now available 2015/11/28 12:52:01 (permalink)
Where's the link to the vid? Is it on youtube? Did you leave comments enabled?

Just curious.
Unknowen
Re: Speedy SONAR Kingston Update now available 2015/11/28 12:59:22 (permalink)
kevinwal
Dave000
Doktor Avalanche
Beepster
Professionals know to TEST new versions BEFORE they bring in clients for a session. Some even have separate systems specifically for testing such things before installing on their main rigs.

It's moot anyway because if you end up with a problem you just have to rollback to whatever version you were using before. It's not a big deal unless you go WAY out of your way to make it one.

I think 'pros' would prefer scheduled stability releases with regression soon after, so they know when to upgrade without beta testing. Rolling back is out of the frying pan into the fire quite often (without having to look for it). Classic example of this right now is the Z3TA+2 update. I wasted a few hours testing, adopted it as good and then found out via forums member that presets get garbled with existing projects. Now I (and probably most of us) need to dump it. So now I need to uninstall and install again Z3TA+2, the old version that suffers from stuck loops etc. This I suppose is entirely my fault?? I didn't test it properly as a beta tester? But if I knew a stability release was on it's way soon afterwards I might have not wasted my time. Regardless glad z3ta+2 is getting fixes thankyou cakewalk. Again stressing I'm not disagreeing with monthly release schedule.

...and I don't want to associate myself with Dave above until he makes calm points with evidence to back himself up. Prefer sensible discussions (well ever hopeful).

I'm uploading a video of what I was able to record with only 2 other tracks used right now.
along with this statement :
Cakewalk Sonar Membership program.
You sign up for a FULL year of updates, patches and other stuff and at the end of the year you can pay again and keep what you have and get more updates, patches and free stuff OR you get to keep everything from the previous year NO STRINGS. Well into my Membership and it’s (for the most part) clean sailing! Now with the last update “Speedy SONAR Kingston” this is what I get recording 1 guitar track with 1 XLN drum track. Bounced or live MIDI. I have tried 16 bit 24 bit ASIO and MME 32 bit on two systems! All give the same results! The Audio is being smashed out of time.
My computer is well within system requirements when I joined the Membership program.
Is it really worth being in a Membership program if the software out grows a 6 month old system designed to work with Sonar Platinum that seems to now is obsolete?
IMO 

Dave,

When you tried it on two different systems did you use the same audio interface device?

I've had issues like this in the past after an update. What ultimately resolved it for me was to uninstall my interface's device drivers, then reboot, then reinstall them, then reboot again. Also, immediately after uninstalling the device drivers, go to device manager, show the hidden drivers, then choose to uninstall any of your audio interface drivers that show up. Seems windows will keep older versions around that might gum up the works some. After that, reboot and reinstall the drivers. May not work for you but it's certainly worth a try.

As far as being upset, yeah, I get that, it's frustrating. Chances are, however, that there's something wrong with your system because many folks including me are using Kingston with no issues like the ones you're experiencing. I know that's not something you want to hear, but it's important information that will help us isolate the problem. People here will be very happy to help you resolve the problem if you promise not to yell at them.

PS: My system is over four years old and it Sonar blazes on it, so yours should just kill.

I've been through this a million times.. I'm great at trouble shooting... have been on PCs for over 20 years... everything was working until really the last two updates! 1st my laptop started getting hinky last month then this month this week the main system... I have two studio setups.. one I use for Vox and guitar and the other main system for midi and mix/master... so my normal workflow WAS drum tracks on Main system, then move the CWB to my laptop for gtr and vox, then CWB back to my main system... now NOTHING is working!!!
Both multi track Tascams one is a 1800 on main system the other is a 6x2 (laptop) everything worked great two months ago! nothing changed but SPLAT  
post edited by Dave000 - 2015/11/28 13:11:05

Hay look,
Doktor Avalanche
Max Output Level: -32.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 4294
Re: Speedy SONAR Kingston Update now available 2015/11/28 13:43:57 (permalink)
Dave's issue thread (and link to vid on Facebook) is in the coffee house, I've responded... Let's all try and be helpful...

http://forum.cakewalk.com/tm.aspx?m=3324606
post edited by Doktor Avalanche - 2015/11/28 13:56:25

Sonar Platinum(64 bit),Win 8.1(64 bit),Saffire Pro 40(Firewire),Mix Control = 3.6,Firewire=VIA,Dell Studio XPS 8100(Intel Core i7 CPU 2.93 Ghz/16 Gb),2 x 1TB SSD (Samsung EVO 850),GeForce GTX 460,Yamaha DGX-505 keyboard,Roland A-300PRO,Roland SPD-30 V2,FD-8,Triggera Krigg,Shure SM7B,Yamaha HS5. Rap Pro,Maschine Studio+Komplete 9 Ultimate+Kontrol Z1,Addictive Keys,Waves Silver,Izotope Nectar elements,Overloud Bundle,Geist,Acronis True Image 2015.
Unknowen
Re: Speedy SONAR Kingston Update now available 2015/11/28 14:38:29 (permalink)
Beepster

Just curious.

its facebook.... leave all the comments you want...
https://www.facebook.com/zoloff.rasbone
post edited by Dave000 - 2015/11/28 14:50:21

Hay look,
Beepster
Re: Speedy SONAR Kingston Update now available 2015/11/28 14:59:38 (permalink)
Dave000
Beepster

Just curious.

its facebook....

lol... no thanks.
kevinwal
Max Output Level: -69 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1066
Re: Speedy SONAR Kingston Update now available 2015/11/28 15:50:08 (permalink)
Dave000

I've been through this a million times.. I'm great at trouble shooting... have been on PCs for over 20 years... everything was working until really the last two updates! 1st my laptop started getting hinky last month then this month this week the main system... I have two studio setups.. one I use for Vox and guitar and the other main system for midi and mix/master... so my normal workflow WAS drum tracks on Main system, then move the CWB to my laptop for gtr and vox, then CWB back to my main system... now NOTHING is working!!!
Both multi track Tascams one is a 1800 on main system the other is a 6x2 (laptop) everything worked great two months ago! nothing changed but SPLAT  

Gotcha. When was the last time you did a full scan for viruses?

Kevin Walsh
My latest tunes are at Reverbnation, please give a listen!

EVGA X58 Classified III, 24GB Kingston RAM, i7/970 6 core
256GB SSD, 2TB HD
Windows 10 Build 10586, Sonar Platinum, 2016.03
MOTU 8Pre Interface
Unknowen
Re: Speedy SONAR Kingston Update now available 2015/11/28 19:06:03 (permalink)
kevinwal
Dave000

really?  my Virus software updates at every boot (if I'm online) :) and yea you might get me but I disconnect the internet and turn off the virus software then reboot clean before recording. My main system is only online to update Splat and to DL other music related software. Only waves and Cakewalk these days.

Hay look,
Unknowen
Re: Speedy SONAR Kingston Update now available 2015/11/28 19:13:42 (permalink)
Beepster
Dave000
Beepster

Just curious.

its facebook....

lol... no thanks.

so you have no idea what's wrong? why are you commenting in the 1st place? lol 
But now that I think about it... that is the mentality here!!!

I don't know how to help you, so I guess an attempt at a humorous insult will air well with the peanut gallery....

Hay look,
Beepster
Re: Speedy SONAR Kingston Update now available 2015/11/28 19:18:40 (permalink)
Oh I know exactly what's wrong. My point was there's no way I'm clicking on your facebook link.

But good luck to you. I'm sure the spazz outs and insults will endear you to everyone who hasn't experienced your particular brand of charm.
kevinwal
Re: Speedy SONAR Kingston Update now available 2015/11/28 20:34:51 (permalink)
Dave000
kevinwal
Dave000

really?  my Virus software updates at every boot (if I'm online) :) and yea you might get me but I disconnect the internet and turn off the virus software then reboot clean before recording. My main system is only online to update Splat and to DL other music related software. Only waves and Cakewalk these days.

Sorry, when I say gotcha I'm acknowledging and accepting your previous comment. It's a verbal shortcut I tend to use that clearly didn't translate to the internet very well. Didn't mean anything by it.

With regard to the scan, I'm talking about initiating a full scan with your antivirus software.

Kevin Walsh

256GB SSD, 2TB HD
MOTU 8Pre Interface
kevinwal
Re: Speedy SONAR Kingston Update now available 2015/11/28 20:46:07 (permalink)
I finally saw Dok's post on the troubleshooting thread so I'll shift any further comments on this issue there. Dave, I hope you get this issue resolved successfully.

Kevin Walsh

256GB SSD, 2TB HD
MOTU 8Pre Interface
Unknowen
Re: Speedy SONAR Kingston Update now available 2015/11/29 10:22:20 (permalink)
Beepster
Oh I know exactly what's wrong. My point was there's no way I'm clicking on your facebook link.

But good luck to you. I'm sure the spazz outs and insults will endear you to everyone who hasn't experienced your particular brand of charm.

I see, that makes sense, it must be blocked from you as I can see it.. lol

I'll have to call the backers on this one... FUN FUN :( 

Hay look,
Unknowen
Re: Speedy SONAR Kingston Update now available 2015/11/29 10:30:05 (permalink)
One thing I HATE about this forum is that I'm talking about a "product" and it's "creation and marking" 
and not about a life style or religious beliefs... I always feel like I'm heading into a Cakewalk CULT when I come here! I have no choice! I'm a member and may need help from time to time and when something goes wrong with Splat and I in desperation try to find a solution before the DREAD in coming here!    

Hay look,
Anderton
  • Total Posts : 14070
Re: Speedy SONAR Kingston Update now available 2015/11/29 11:14:13 (permalink)
Plenty of people come here for assistance, and that's what they get. The response they receive relates directly to how the inquiry is made. You didn't help your cause when in your last big thread, you essentially said you were just playing with everyone...so now people don't know if you're serious or not.

The first 3 books in "The Musician's Guide to Home Recording" series are available from Hal Leonard and http://www.reverb.com. Listen to my music on http://www.YouTube.com/thecraiganderton, and visit http://www.craiganderton.com. Thanks!
mettelus
Max Output Level: -22 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 5321
Re: Speedy SONAR Kingston Update now available 2015/11/29 11:25:59 (permalink)
+1 Presentation and demeanor play a lot...

Imagine someone walking into a bar or restaurant, getting everyone's attention, verbally bashing the place, and then "asking for something" (if they even got that far). How would YOU react if you were a patron watching someone do this?

This is a user forum, so no one is obligated to even read a post, let alone respond.

ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero (Wi-Fi AC), i7-8700k, 16GB RAM, GTX-1070Ti, Win 10 Pro, Saffire PRO 24 DSP, A-300 PRO, plus numerous gadgets and gizmos that make or manipulate sound in some way.
John
Forum Host
  • Total Posts : 30467
Re: Speedy SONAR Kingston Update now available 2015/11/29 12:15:19 (permalink)
One thing to keep in mind when looking for help is start a thread listing the problem. Posting in some one else's thread is very poor manners. Plus its not as likely to get a response.

Best
John
Beepster
Re: Speedy SONAR Kingston Update now available 2015/11/29 12:28:07 (permalink)
mettelus
+1 Presentation and demeanor play a lot...

Imagine someone walking into a bar or restaurant, getting everyone's attention, verbally bashing the place, and then "asking for something" (if they even got that far). How would YOU react if you were a patron watching someone do this?

This is a user forum, so no one is obligated to even read a post, let alone respond.

This guy isn't looking for help. It's godparticle levels of nonsense. Perhaps worse because he openly admitted creating multiple handles to troll the SPlat release. It was a whole big thing.

The only reason I engage him is to hopefully warn the well meaning users from having their time wasted... like I did. It's very off putting and can drive good people away from helping through sheer frustration.
Paul P
Max Output Level: -48.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2685
Re: Speedy SONAR Kingston Update now available 2015/11/29 12:49:00 (permalink)
Beepster
It's very off putting...

So is talking about someone in the third person when he's standing right there beside you

Sonar Platinum [2017.10], Win7U x64 sp1, Xeon E5-1620 3.6 GHz, Asus P9X79WS, 16 GB ECC, 128gb SSD, HD7950, Mackie Blackjack
Beepster
Re: Speedy SONAR Kingston Update now available 2015/11/29 13:30:51 (permalink)
Paul P
Beepster
It's very off putting...

So is talking about someone in the third person when he's standing right there beside you

Quoi?
Keni
Max Output Level: -17.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 5769
Re: Speedy SONAR Kingston Update now available 2015/11/29 20:43:44 (permalink)
Sorry to get back to Sonar, but...

Has anyone heard any plan to accommodate users without DAW web access regarding Rapture Session or is that dead in the water for those so disposed?

Keni Fink
Keni - Facebook
Deep Space Records
http://www.reverbnation.com/inexile
http://www.cdbaby.com/artist/inexile
Out Of My Head Music (BMI)

SPlat/MacPro/Dual Xeon 3.06GHz 6-core (12 total)/64GB/Win8.1X64/Presonus 1818VSL/Soundscape SS8IO-1
Doktor Avalanche
Re: Speedy SONAR Kingston Update now available 2015/11/29 21:14:57 (permalink)
Keni

Has anyone heard any plan to accommodate users without DAW web access regarding Rapture Session or is that dead in the water for those so disposed?

I read somewhere there was a plan...

Sonar Platinum(64 bit),Win 8.1(64 bit),Saffire Pro 40(Firewire),Mix Control = 3.6,Firewire=VIA,Dell Studio XPS 8100(Intel Core i7 CPU 2.93 Ghz/16 Gb),2 x 1TB SSD (Samsung EVO 850),GeForce GTX 460,Yamaha DGX-505 keyboard,Roland A-300PRO,Roland SPD-30 V2,FD-8,Triggera Krigg,Shure SM7B,Yamaha HS5. Rap Pro,Maschine Studio+Komplete 9 Ultimate+Kontrol Z1,Addictive Keys,Waves Silver,Izotope Nectar elements,Overloud Bundle,Geist,Acronis True Image 2015.
Keni
Max Output Level: -17.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 5769
Re: Speedy SONAR Kingston Update now available 2015/11/30 00:47:55 (permalink)
Doktor Avalanche
Keni

I read somewhere there was a plan...

Thanks Dok!

Here's hopin'!

Keni Fink
Keni - Facebook
Deep Space Records
http://www.reverbnation.com/inexile
http://www.cdbaby.com/artist/inexile
Out Of My Head Music (BMI)

SPlat/MacPro/Dual Xeon 3.06GHz 6-core (12 total)/64GB/Win8.1X64/Presonus 1818VSL/Soundscape SS8IO-1
RPeveler
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 4
Re: Speedy SONAR Kingston Update now available 2015/11/30 07:17:15 (permalink)
Hi - regarding Kingston update, I noticed straight away that both Iris and Breaktweaker produced loud noise when inserted.  I emailed cakewalk immediately but as yet still no reply.  Plug ins work fine in stand alone and in older install of sonar x3 and were fine until this update.
I share the frustration that I don't want monthly updates when they break things, particularly when distributed on the eve on a long public holiday in the US.  A case of "get this problem off our desks and onto those of the users".
Thanks and happy holidays guys.
scook
Forum Host
  • Total Posts : 24146
Re: Speedy SONAR Kingston Update now available 2015/11/30 07:51:42 (permalink)
I cannot comment about Breaktweaker. Don't have the plug-in. When it comes to Iris, both 64bit VST2 and VST3 format Iris and Iris2 seem to work OK for me in Kingston on Win10.
mettelus
Max Output Level: -22 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 5321
Re: Speedy SONAR Kingston Update now available 2015/11/30 09:44:10 (permalink)
This will kick the hornet's nest, but needs to be said. The "works for me" (a.k.a. "sucks to be you") is a terrible stance to take in a public-facing environment. 1) It very much implies "finality," meaning that no effort to identify/resolve the issue is intended and 2) this seems to come from assigned beta testers in defense of "I did my job."

True finality comes from a customer being made whole. First step is prevention of field failures with as much due diligence and sense of urgency as possible, and if something cannot be verified... wait. Nothing gives a "branding black eye" more than field failures, and the monthly release cycle is taking precedence over "wait" - a significant Achilles heal to consider.

There are enough Harvard Business Reviews out on this topic to wallpaper a room. If someone has an issue, it is much better to get clarification to drive to root cause/(true) resolution. "Works for me" doesn't show any concern for a customer's issue or intent to resolve it.

ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero (Wi-Fi AC), i7-8700k, 16GB RAM, GTX-1070Ti, Win 10 Pro, Saffire PRO 24 DSP, A-300 PRO, plus numerous gadgets and gizmos that make or manipulate sound in some way.
scook
Forum Host
  • Total Posts : 24146
Re: Speedy SONAR Kingston Update now available 2015/11/30 09:55:30 (permalink)
You may read my post any way you wish. When someone reports a problem and I try to reproduce the problem, I will report my results. That is all there is to it. My post does not invalidate the post above it. My post only reported a different result. There are reasons why some things work in one case but fail in another. I do not know what it would be in this case. Since I cannot reproduce the problem, it is difficult for me to suggest a fix.
musicroom
Max Output Level: -51 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2421
Re: Speedy SONAR Kingston Update now available 2015/11/30 10:09:12 (permalink)
mettelus
This will kick the hornet's nest, but needs to be said. The "works for me" (a.k.a. "sucks to be you") is a terrible stance to take in a public-facing environment. 1) It very much implies "finality," meaning that no effort to identify/resolve the issue is intended and 2) this seems to come from assigned beta testers in defense of "I did my job."

True finality comes from a customer being made whole. First step is prevention of field failures with as much due diligence and sense of urgency as possible, and if something cannot be verified... wait. Nothing gives a "branding black eye" more than field failures, and the monthly release cycle is taking precedence over "wait" - a significant Achilles heal to consider.

There are enough Harvard Business Reviews out on this topic to wallpaper a room. If someone has an issue, it is much better to get clarification to drive to root cause/(true) resolution. "Works for me" doesn't show any concern for a customer's issue or intent to resolve it.

Sometimes, "it works for me" is the only conclusion found from a "fellow user" . All results matter when one is trying to find a solution. I appreciate other users who take the time to test and report their results. I think maybe you jumped on a fellow user a tad quick.

Dave
Songs

Doktor Avalanche
Re: Speedy SONAR Kingston Update now available 2015/11/30 10:15:45 (permalink)
mettelus

I totally agree, I see this all the time and it annoys the pants off me when people say thinks like "it works for me", and they actually mean the issue is YOUR issue (which it may well be, but nobody has proved it).

In the past I've stated "I cannot reproduce" to people, which is just a fact at my end, but I still want to troubleshoot if I can. I've been shot down a few times for saying these sort of statements (no fault of my own imho, as I'm just stating the position at my end and nothing else), and have often ended up being accused of being a fanboy etc (yes really) even though I'm still trying to troubleshoot the issue.

I totally give Scook the benefit of the doubt here, I think he's just stating facts here and all he said was "seem to work OK for me", hardly the worst comment to make imho. He's not exactly underlining the point. When we read other things into it, it's just us doing so... If I had a zillion quid everytime that happened to me...

So I agree with the point, but don't think it applies to Scook.
post edited by Doktor Avalanche - 2015/11/30 10:30:27

Starise
Max Output Level: -0.3 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 7563
Re: Speedy SONAR Kingston Update now available 2015/11/30 12:33:48 (permalink)

I want to start out with a positive. I like the new update so far. Seems very responsive. I'm beta testing some plug ins and haven't found any problems in any of the plugs Ive used so far.

I'm coming late to the party here with respect to the above discussion, and I suspect there could be way more to this exchange than I am aware of, and it isn't really my concern at this point.

I have been guilty of the " it isn't happening for me " kind of response. I hadn't viewed this as being a negative, but after mettelus comment I can see it from another angle. I can see that this might be a frustrating reply to get from someone when you are experiencing the problem and can't find a fix. It's kind of like the telling the HVAC guy that your space is cold and he tells you it feels fine at his house. OTOH , if you have a very similar or exactly the same setup as the person with the problem, it could help them to eliminate the problem. It could help to narrow the differences and maybe find a conflict.

In several instances we had people who are having similar issues with the same kind of thing and this is very helpful.

If the expectation is that you will never have a conflict with any update, then you set yourself up for a disappointment, because this just isn't the nature of progress in software.

Intel 5820K O.C. 4.4ghz, ASRock Extreme 4 LGA 2011-v3, 16 gig DDR4, ,
3 x Samsung SATA III 500gb SSD, 2X 1 Samsung 1tb 7200rpm outboard, Win 10 64bit, 
Laptop HP Omen i7 16gb 2/sdd with Focusrite interface.
 CbB, Studio One 4 Pro, Mixcraft 8, Ableton Live 10 

www.soundcloud.com/starise

Twitter @Rodein

Page: < 12345.. > >> Showing page 3 of 6
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1