Helpful ReplyCakewalk Analytics Coming To SONAR

Page: << < ..11 Showing page 11 of 11
Author
Sir Les
Max Output Level: -67 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1182
Re: Cakewalk Analytics Coming To SONAR 2016/03/21 18:54:52 (permalink)
One more thing...Just saying...According to market policy and law...it is illegal to gain inside knowledge and use this to fix markets, or plan product projections, and plot for.

Is this underhandedly being done by OS win 10 and others now taking inside info from consumers and their habits in shopping methods and buys...?...Join in?..or do not Join in?...are choices!...seems MS win 10 has taken that away!.

I hope you understand that this if found in support of...could land people in prison!.and if tied to the public...what will happen if found so doing to the public letting it be done...supporters?...might be said they are in court!

Fixing markets is not a good idea...and in essesnce, although not said, or even known they do it.???..it is being done, and violates the world markets by breaking...Laws!...So choice?...is up to you?...not anymore if installing some things onto your systems that allows for that to be done!

Again Just saying...if talking policy and law!

1. Intel 5960x 3.5mhz , ASUS x99 deluxe u3.1, Asus Thunderbolt ex II,   G skills f4 3000 Memory 32GB , ADATA ssd 250GB Main Drive, Lots of WD Red 7200 Mechanical Drives with Black Drives, 14x multi optical Drive, LG Multi Blu Drive,  2X Extern WD Mybooks usb 3.0, AMD r7 270 video card, Motu 828x TB , Motu Midi XT.
2.  USING MAC PRO, as win 10 has damaged 2 x99 systems 8.1 is also to blame for the final burnout trying to roll back!

3.  Something Wonderful: https://1drv.ms/f/s!AlHkRy9cXBbYpQNvVBCt8r7fQ5PS
John T
Max Output Level: -7.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 6783
Re: Cakewalk Analytics Coming To SONAR 2016/03/21 19:07:39 (permalink)
Sir Les
Lies..I paid for my internet, and my computer, and my software...it is not free if it is in it...

None of that money goes to any of the services you list.

http://johntatlockaudio.com/
Self-build PC // 16GB RAM // i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz // Nofan 0dB cooler // ASUS P8-Z77 V Pro motherboard // Intel x-25m SSD System Drive // Seagate RAID Array Audio Drive // Windows 10 64 bit // Sonar Platinum (64 bit) // Sonar VS-700 // M-Audio Keystation Pro 88 // KRK RP-6 Monitors // and a bunch of other stuff
John T
Re: Cakewalk Analytics Coming To SONAR 2016/03/21 19:10:16 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby gunboatdiplomacy 2016/03/26 20:34:30
+2 (2)
Sir Les
and to get that going...you need id, papers and a bank...cost.or fees or tax..Yep...and to be born...also a tax to be born into...and injected to be in...stamped property of Civil roman estates....Surely!...food to stay alive, also charged for...because they will not let me farm on the land I thought I owned when bought...but i have no rights to turn this land into a farm to have free food...without the poison or advertising.....So..we buy...and that is where it kind of all goes wrong...the consumer is only the buyer...never allowed to be the seller....You work for to be taxed, and over charged, and your ideas, sucked and robbed from you....Peasant is the word of them of the day!....you are only a cash cow as long as you allow it!..or be like them ,sell everything even your info...As they will only sell it back or to others when stolen or taken from you, or made into more things to sell from your info, if so used....Do the same!

as it is now seen they want that info ..regardless of your wants or unwants for it to be taken...it is...then a reason for this must be capitalistic in nature!...if they all are doing it....Join in.

Ah, hang on. I see. You're bananas. This whole conversation is a waste of time. Got it now.

Self-build PC // 16GB RAM // i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz // Nofan 0dB cooler // ASUS P8-Z77 V Pro motherboard // Intel x-25m SSD System Drive // Seagate RAID Array Audio Drive // Windows 10 64 bit // Sonar Platinum (64 bit) // Sonar VS-700 // M-Audio Keystation Pro 88 // KRK RP-6 Monitors // and a bunch of other stuff
stevec
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 11546
Re: Cakewalk Analytics Coming To SONAR 2016/03/21 19:11:23 (permalink)
I think Les must be looking very much like his avatar at the moment....   

SteveC
https://soundcloud.com/steve-cocchi
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=39163

SONAR Platinum x64, Intel Q9300 (2.5Ghz), Asus P5N-D, Win7 x64 SP1, 8GB RAM, 1TB internal + ESATA + USB Backup HDDs, ATI Radeon HD5450 1GB RAM + dual ViewSonic VA2431wm Monitors;
Focusrite 18i6 (ASIO);
Komplete 9, Melodyne Studio 4, Ozone 7 Advanced, Rapture Pro, GPO5, Valhalla Plate, MJUC comp, MDynamic EQ, lots of other freebie VST plugins, synths and Kontakt libraries

brconflict
Max Output Level: -56.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1891
Re: Cakewalk Analytics Coming To SONAR 2016/03/21 20:47:24 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby John T 2016/03/21 21:47:37
Sir Les
and to get that going...you need id, papers and a bank...cost.or fees or tax..Yep...and to be born...also a tax to be born into...and injected to be in...stamped property of Civil roman estates....Surely!...food to stay alive, also charged for...because they will not let me farm on the land I thought I owned when bought...but i have no rights to turn this land into a farm to have free food...without the poison or advertising.....So..we buy...and that is where it kind of all goes wrong...the consumer is only the buyer...never allowed to be the seller....You work for to be taxed, and over charged, and your ideas, sucked and robbed from you....Peasant is the word of them of the day!....you are only a cash cow as long as you allow it!..or be like them ,sell everything even your info...As they will only sell it back or to others when stolen or taken from you, or made into more things to sell from your info, if so used....Do the same!

as it is now seen they want that info ..regardless of your wants or unwants for it to be taken...it is...then a reason for this must be capitalistic in nature!...if they all are doing it....Join in.

I must say, I'm amused, but I'll bite.
So, let's try this:
I assume you work for a living? You do something for a company, and in turn, they pay you money. So, why, exactly do they need you? Is your company trying to make money by selling products or services to its customers? Does your place of business advertise? If you're working in a DAW for a living, how do you gain customers? Do you pay your customers to accept advertising from you? If you're an artist, do you pay people to listen to your music?

If you're wanting to start a new TV station, how do you get started? How do you stay in business? Who pays for your TV network?

Yes, it is capitalistic in nature. It's getting an edge on the competition. But so is creating music for others to listen to. Even Indie labels picking up music artists want to know their customer base. They watch the numbers in sales and get reports of how their artists are selling in which markets. If CW wants to gain an edge on (or rather keep up) this industry and keep the cost of Sonar to a reasonable (albeit cheap!) cost to you as a customer, I think they can try something new and perhaps getting some reports about how their product line is doing in the market better. It's their product, we're their customers, and they will either suit us all with a win/win situation, or risk losing us and their business by doing things the wrong and deceitful way--which I seriously doubt is the aim here.

Let's try and understand where the costs are, how they are met, and where money comes from before we get too carried away with what you believe you're owed. Remember, you came to CW first.

If laws are broken, that's for lawyers to decipher. That's a whole other topic. But as far as I can tell, no laws are broken. You have the right to refuse giving up information, and you have been fore-warned of the coming information requests. You don't have to use a computer if you choose not to. Same for watching TV. However, there's something that compels you to do it, subjecting yourself to the utter chaos that is the Internet and broadcast or network TV.

post edited by brconflict - 2016/03/21 21:12:57

Brian

Sonar Platinum, Steinberg Wavelab Pro 9, MOTU 24CoreIO w/ low-slew OP-AMP mods and BLA external clock, True P8, Audient ASP008, API 512c, Chandler Germ500, Summit 2ba-221, GAP Pre-73, Peluso 22251, Peluso 2247LE, Mackie HR824, Polk Audio SRS-SDA 2.3tl w/upgraded Soniccraft crossovers and Goertz cables, powered by Pass-X350. All wiring Star-Quad XLR or Monster Cable. Power by Monster Power Signature AVS2000 voltage stabilizer and Signature Pro Power 5100 PowerCenter on a 20A isolation shielded circuit.
Sir Les
Re: Cakewalk Analytics Coming To SONAR 2016/03/22 07:31:08 (permalink)

Now, if this happens...And it does..is happening:

http://bgr.com/2015/07/31/windows-10-upgrade-spying-how-to-opt-out/

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1kGMCfb2xw

and there is more dirty tactics being done to get that info..hiding and defaulting setups and settings.

reverting back to past renderings does not ensure the removal of spyware they want employed....so once you allow windows to do updates...you risk your systems stability and privacy.

Then what they take without your consent, or change of your settings to get...is against protocal, and or good business trust.

If changing settings causes issues with the machine and performance,devices...who pays for troubleshooting that system there after?...MS?..nope, they will ask you to pay to fix it on a plan you buy!

Now if they can over ride your settings to do this, and take...be mindful the reverse can also be done to entrap by putting info on the system to convict falsely!!!!...if, jfk was killed for not following orders....and you try to go against the norm they want employed onto all machines that it can...you can be targeted.

Now why would anyone follow the likeness of taking info from a user, that already is lied about being put to invade, or over rule system stability, to take...what you set to not allow...You then have no control of your own business, or machine to do its tasks properly, if the machine is now burdened doing these new assigned tasks sending and connecting to internet...using services that could cause issues with users....?

That is where you say...it is already like that on the internet, and in saying, you assume my machine is suppose to do the same thing because you have no issues, and my Avatar speaks about my intelligence on this subject...yet, others have issues with also...and are speaking out to warn people.

If CW wants info from its users...ask in the forums, and you may get better responses of willing participants, with out making us fear more troubles with our systems running spyware in apps, we all try to stop using virus or add bot blockers!

This is just not right to me to hear a Daw wanting to gain intel from users using spy ware built into the software....to make it better?

And you want me to believe that, when MS said the same thing...and I said no..turned off those things...to only find them turned back on///just like the second video..link says!...and make things better is just a lie by MS...reused now by CW...I wonder who that guy really is, and how he got the job at CW...to start doing this tactic.....just saying, some underground and secret cults, do infiltrate organizations to do damage.

Not sure all is as i know could be...but i trust less in, because they trust no one!
post edited by Sir Les - 2016/03/22 15:40:35

1. Intel 5960x 3.5mhz , ASUS x99 deluxe u3.1, Asus Thunderbolt ex II,   G skills f4 3000 Memory 32GB , ADATA ssd 250GB Main Drive, Lots of WD Red 7200 Mechanical Drives with Black Drives, 14x multi optical Drive, LG Multi Blu Drive,  2X Extern WD Mybooks usb 3.0, AMD r7 270 video card, Motu 828x TB , Motu Midi XT.
2.  USING MAC PRO, as win 10 has damaged 2 x99 systems 8.1 is also to blame for the final burnout trying to roll back!

dcumpian
Max Output Level: -34 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 4124
Re: Cakewalk Analytics Coming To SONAR 2016/03/22 08:26:38 (permalink)
+2 (2)
Easy solution: when the EULA screen is displayed during installation, click "Decline".

Regards,
Dan

Mixing is all about control.

My music:
http://dancumpian.bandcamp.com/ or https://soundcloud.com/dcumpian Studiocat Advanced Studio DAW (Intel i5 3550 @ 3.7GHz, Z77 motherboard, 16GB Ram, lots of HDDs), Sonar Plat, Mackie 1604, PreSonus Audiobox 44VSL, ESI 4x4 Midi Interface, Ibanez Bass, Custom Fender Mexi-Strat, NI S88, Roland JV-2080 & MDB-1, Komplete, Omnisphere, Lots o' plugins.    
brconflict
Re: Cakewalk Analytics Coming To SONAR 2016/03/22 09:42:57 (permalink)
Sir Les

If CW wants info from its users...ask in the forums, and you may get better responses of willing participants, with out making us fear more troubles with our systems running spyware in apps, we all try to stop using virus or add bot blockers!

Well, they already tried gathering info from forum users, but as I said, many users aren't able to fully articulate the problems they have in every case, and Cakewalk has no choice but to move on to the next topic.

Personally, I think you are really more paranoid about what the industry is doing rather than just Cakewalk, or you really just have some beef with how things are progressing in ways that simply make you uncomfortable. If you believe the industry is wrong, then you have a much bigger fight on your hands than just belting out concerns in this forum. Look, if you're really that upset about how things are going with information gathering, turn your computer off and just don't use the Internet. That's the surest way to stop such things.

It sounds to me like you're in a no-win situation with software you use and things you do online. But you're much more like the rest of us in that, you'll possibly keep doing it because you see that the benefits far outweigh the concerns. I think you'll get past this. After all, just wait until the future of computing gets here and all of our PC's are in the cloud.

Enjoy it! Use it! Make money with it!

Brian

Sonar Platinum, Steinberg Wavelab Pro 9, MOTU 24CoreIO w/ low-slew OP-AMP mods and BLA external clock, True P8, Audient ASP008, API 512c, Chandler Germ500, Summit 2ba-221, GAP Pre-73, Peluso 22251, Peluso 2247LE, Mackie HR824, Polk Audio SRS-SDA 2.3tl w/upgraded Soniccraft crossovers and Goertz cables, powered by Pass-X350. All wiring Star-Quad XLR or Monster Cable. Power by Monster Power Signature AVS2000 voltage stabilizer and Signature Pro Power 5100 PowerCenter on a 20A isolation shielded circuit.
Sir Les
Re: Cakewalk Analytics Coming To SONAR 2016/03/22 16:02:12 (permalink)
What exactly is the industry doing?....spying!

Now you put it in other words...Do you as a industry have rnd?...Then use it!

As a developer You should have not only the tools to do the baking..but the machines to test you products before release!

Do not put the owness on me or others , using words like..."I do not understand what the industry is doing"

I certainly do!...You are stinging people along in some circles promising the world in a box...and then selling it to unsuspecting consumers who then have big problems trying to get it going!..on system over specified speced machines to your saying it does work with....But never giving the total tweaks to get it to do so....and the os undermining that process you put your platform on as your choice!

Yah turn off auto updates, turn off anti virus, turn off some settings here and there..Thus tweaking the system..Is only found on the forums and tech support gurus,after buying....Help?...well should this be known?...and if it is, then you are now saying..No we will fix it, as you pay and we spy?...leave our setting of auto sending and service run....When it is well known these things cause glitches by devote forum members who taught me.

Now what are you doing.?..is not truly being disclosed..(but Being forthright with this is not bad in saying...it is bad in doing) so you use a good policy of telling people what you plan in future (yet know it will cause issues with some systems).if the reverse is now being done...not only by OS, but others...this is cummalitive on the machines that are infected with such crap, which does cause cpu usage to run higher ,with the services n loggers doing it....SO yah, you and your industry is causing issues on users to some respect, to solve them for a cost to be gained on the other hand..it does seem!!!....what logic is that?...There is no logic......And putting detrimental code to do so, may cause people more issues to tweak, or troubleshoot, which is another industry of it's own to cost more for to get done....The standard is to feed them also?........Right!....And a machine that does not do what was intended to be used for in doing with....But doe not do..and is turned into a marketing platform for not the user!...Makes it redundant if it does not work as specified for the users needs....I did not buy my machine to ba a advertising plantform for MS or CW or to improve their products...I bought it to use their products!...on the box, with the words well said there on, under  agreement!...but not saying what it truly does not do, or now does, or will do down the road as is now being noted by users!

So Policy....put the agreement on the box.
Policy...if it does not perform as labled...refund the open products with in thirty days of testing.

And stop with the hidden sale of tech support, in subscription tactics now going bent!...this is a secondary industry.""intel gathering"..that is caused by crap like this being done to sabotage users , to some degree., to fuel that tech support line with moe money!...And do not say it is not so...Because I am logging it right now, and ever since I started with computers and the tactics used by industry!

Best of luck if you do employ it.

...I will be reverting my year subscription, as i do not want part of the dracon practice screwing up my machine....

I got tape machines that work, that will do all this recording stuff for me...and other options with less of the mistrust festered by industry to suffer on my end, and bent world order now doing on the other festering fear to cause decent and mistrust now in play....in the world using the we need you to give up your privacy so we can employ our mistrust!

...by using other OSes and software, I will learn new ways to avoid these mongering war mongerers!.

Unfortunately I like Sonar Platinum very much....But I do not believe the spy vs spy needs be put on my machine, to continue someones bent warfare, inspecting and emplying I am a threat, or could be suspect in their bent thinking... without due facts or charge!

That need to be suspected and spied upon, to find dirt, or put it in to take out who ever they believe needs be punished by that draconian law!..../ and perhaps held liable for information on my buying habits and devices used...to unbalance and falsely stack the markets to gleen from there investments also, with said info!

..There is enough of that in the bent world causing death and war and hate!...I want no part of!

So keep that mistrust out of my head, and my machine please///If you want me to understand that industry you say I should trust, then trust me, and keep that stuff out of my machine!...You are helping to manisfest mistrust by doing this along with the MS people now under some military rule!

Or I unplug wipe out and move to other OS and developers whom I will feel gain that trust, by giving me a platform that is stable and working without cpu inturption by spy ware and such working to undermine my efforts!...

this is another choice people have,but are lulled by bling bling...seems another industry standard now in play...and leaving bugs that have plagued many well over due to address....am i paying for this?....yes....should not be charged for as I paid for this to work when I bought in x1...as stated.and in trust I paid for fixed till now.....so, my trust has been now proven, that you fix the bugs only when paying for the bugs to be fixed...and...if you do not pay...you keep the bugs that are not supposed to be there!.....The only intent to fix the bugs in future, is used to impose more cost to the user, and more bugs to be employed onto the user down the road as so noted, to fix more bugs at a price based charge...down time...lost rev if used for...and cost to fix broken and or burnt devices, yanking and moving and trying to get that bliss promised by that same industry...I am now enjoying after a nightmare of tweaks and cost to get to this...You want to put on my machine what I spent most of the two past years trying to defeat?.........Crap!

...yearly charge to fix bugs is not part of fixing bugs that should not be, under system specified states, or over specified specs running should encounter under install instructions, using gear and devices of the nature expressed worked as of time of sale or purchase...By law this practice then can be expressed as false sales, and the consumer is protected by a law, that if the product does not work as specified or causes harm...it is mandated that the product be returned for full refund and any surcharges , and or can be sued for any damages done, if found falsified specification or practices were used to mine the consumer....It is called Fraud!.

If these issues/bugs put in or allowed to be released, are then used to gain more income by said "industry"...the lies told, or truths told, are on the box to prove, disprove the statements by testing or use there of... and your  methods to fix broken code or gear to that user who cannot use said product due to those mis-worded sales tactics to gain buyers into the loop of promises...is then lead down the update and pay path of constants.

A tape deck has no such issues ...plug it in, push play, record or bounce to open track...and it does it...if it does not do, you send it in to be fixed...if under warrenty...it is free!

This industry seems to have different policies...locked inside unseen until that box is opened, ans used..or trying to use...only to find a gauntlet of tweaks and services causing crashes and other issues to the constantly fix troubleshoot and pay for....getting it to work....updates and driver hunts...and lots of pointing fingers, on wild goose chases to fix...

do not tell me this is not being done.

And as some issues are being solved..by users paying for....you are being paid to solve them, and now using that user base to do so by taking from them?....and not paying...and users do solve by making work arounds!

So you are now if employing this tactic to use users as your RND...payment for!

and taking my data, to make your product better, can be seen as saying..your product is not good at all...

So i can twist words....and now, we know so can you!
  Policy does that also!
post edited by Sir Les - 2016/03/22 17:02:27

stevec
Re: Cakewalk Analytics Coming To SONAR 2016/03/22 18:30:04 (permalink)
This is not being done.

Sorry.... couldn't help myself.  
Good luck doing whatever it is you'll be doing.  Something tells me the SONAR world will continue to move forward as it has and will continue to improve.   As the old saying goes - you can please some of the people some of the time, but that's about it.  

SteveC

SONAR Platinum x64, Intel Q9300 (2.5Ghz), Asus P5N-D, Win7 x64 SP1, 8GB RAM, 1TB internal + ESATA + USB Backup HDDs, ATI Radeon HD5450 1GB RAM + dual ViewSonic VA2431wm Monitors;
Focusrite 18i6 (ASIO);
Komplete 9, Melodyne Studio 4, Ozone 7 Advanced, Rapture Pro, GPO5, Valhalla Plate, MJUC comp, MDynamic EQ, lots of other freebie VST plugins, synths and Kontakt libraries

brconflict
Re: Cakewalk Analytics Coming To SONAR 2016/03/23 00:01:57 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby Mitch_I 2016/03/23 14:17:51
Sir Les
What exactly is the industry doing?....spying!

If you truly believe this, first make sure your web browser is running in Private Mode, and your cookies disabled. Because if you didn't do that when you connected to the Internet you've already decided your security is not entirely at risk. And that's ok!
Try this
Install FireFox (if you're not using it at the moment), open the Developer Tools and select Browser Console. Then, while you surf the Internet, just watch all mass-loads of data exchanged between your machine and the websites you browse to. Try www.abc.com, the news network. At the very end you see Ramp Analytics Engaged.

The Reality
Whether it bothers you or not, you're still surfing the Internet and using software of all types. You're using Microsoft Windows. If you're truthfully that distrustful of what your software and Internet surfing provides other parties then why do you continue to use them? Surely you've fought viruses on your computer before. If that didn't stop you from using Windows I'm sure you understand there's a risk you're willing to take to stay online and using your computer.
If you've traveled on an airline, you've been ok with going through airport security. That didn't stop you from flying. When you apply for a credit card you gave up personal information. You trust your doctor to keep your medical history safe in his office or on his computer.

The Philosophy
I think what most people get worked up about is something to consider when using software, but there are things they probably didn't consider in every other aspect of life. Doing taxes is invasive to some, but we all pay our taxes and fill out the return forms. Our governments know quite a bit about us, and will continue to.
Google has satellite pictures of your house, and anyone can see it online. Does that make you want to live in a bunker? 
Point being, if you're this distrustful of the industry advancing in these newer ways of understanding customers, you're going to be left behind. You're going to also stress yourself out beyond reason and lose out on the things you do enjoy, such as making music.

Here's a scenario of how tracking information can help you
Which would you prefer: 1) A salesperson knocking on your door to offer you a new car because you like nice cars, or 2) A salesperson knocking on your door to offer a new male enhancement pill to you in front of your wife or children, because he knows nothing about you? Analytics help understand what your interests are and help to tailor what you see online instead of the usual crap that nobody wants to see anymore.
When you browse the Internet to sites with ads, which would you rather see, new plug-ins offered by Cakewalk, Waves, BlueCat, etc. or diet and longer-lasting sex pill ads?

But Cakewalk?
So, Cakewalk has honorably stated they plan to implement this function and have clearly stated that you can opt-out of it if you choose. That really should offer what you need to know. I asked questions, myself to find out more, and I got answers. They were decent answers. If you don't trust this idea, you are free to keep using Sonar at the version you're at and never upgrade beyond that. You'll never have to worry again about it. It's really that easy! Granted you'll miss out on new features and improvements, but that's your choice.

This is where I will end this debate with you
It's understandable that you have concerns, and I  think your concerns are shared by many, but as we evolve online and in computing we're all going to see this industry evolve with us. Software is going to become more powerful than any one human (or even groups of humans) can fully understand. No, we've already gotten to that point! We can't slow the industry down but we can take our precautions and enjoy how much more we can do every day that our parents' generation could only dream of!! Have a great week, Sir Les!!

Brian

ampfixer
Max Output Level: -20 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 5508
Re: Cakewalk Analytics Coming To SONAR 2016/03/23 00:55:31 (permalink)
Why do people come here to lose their minds?

Regards, John 
 I want to make it clear that I am an Eedjit. I have no direct, or indirect, knowledge of business, the music industry, forum threads or the meaning of life. I know about amps.
WIN 10 Pro X64, I7-3770k 16 gigs, ASUS Z77 pro, AMD 7950 3 gig,  Steinberg UR44, A-Pro 500, Sonar Platinum, KRK Rokit 6 
dcumpian
Max Output Level: -34 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 4124
Re: Cakewalk Analytics Coming To SONAR 2016/03/23 08:20:56 (permalink)
ampfixer
Why do people come here to lose their minds?

To be fair, that ship sailed way before...

Dan

Mixing is all about control.

My music:
http://dancumpian.bandcamp.com/ or https://soundcloud.com/dcumpian Studiocat Advanced Studio DAW (Intel i5 3550 @ 3.7GHz, Z77 motherboard, 16GB Ram, lots of HDDs), Sonar Plat, Mackie 1604, PreSonus Audiobox 44VSL, ESI 4x4 Midi Interface, Ibanez Bass, Custom Fender Mexi-Strat, NI S88, Roland JV-2080 & MDB-1, Komplete, Omnisphere, Lots o' plugins.    
kzmaier
Max Output Level: -81 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 461
Re: Cakewalk Analytics Coming To SONAR 2016/03/24 12:26:46 (permalink)
I would prefer a user survey.

less bakers work = more user goodies.
less cpu load = happy users
more user privacy = happy users

Just my vote towards use of my dues.

Best Regards,
Ken
Bandlab Cakewalk - i5/8G Focusrite Scarlett 6i6 / Boss gt001

www.reverbnation.com/kzmaier

robert_e_bone
  • Total Posts : 8968
Re: Cakewalk Analytics Coming To SONAR 2016/03/24 17:09:36 (permalink)
+1 (1)
I would like to hope folks can keep Cakewalk's upfront indication that they would like to begin collecting data for their internal use in helping them meet our needs as best as possible for their own development purposes, separate from whatever any other company on the web or on the planet is doing.

1) Cakewalk has indicated upfront they will begin collecting Sonar usage data.
2) They allow individuals the means of turning that completely off, if really desired.
3) It seems a whole bunch of folks use their products that did not respond to past user surveys, so they are likely attempting to get better data - they have no nefarious desires to sell anyone's Sonar usage info to others.  They have been completely upfront about all of this.

Bob Bone

Wisdom is a giant accumulation of "DOH!"

Sonar: Platinum (x64), X3 (x64) 
Audio Interfaces: AudioBox 1818VSL, Steinberg UR-22
Computers: 1) i7-2600 k, 32 GB RAM, Windows 8.1 Pro x64 & 2) AMD A-10 7850 32 GB RAM Windows 10 Pro x64
Soft Synths: NI Komplete 8 Ultimate, Arturia V Collection, many others
MIDI Controllers: M-Audio Axiom Pro 61, Keystation 88es
Settings: 24-Bit, Sample Rate 48k, ASIO Buffer Size 128, Total Round Trip Latency 9.7 ms  
gunboatdiplomacy
Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 87
Re: Cakewalk Analytics Coming To SONAR 2016/03/26 20:23:42 (permalink)
+1 (1)
It's threads like this that make me realize why Propellerheads shut their user forum down. What a waste.

I'm all for analytics.  Cakewalk seeing where I point my mouse is the least of my digital worries. 
stevec
Re: Cakewalk Analytics Coming To SONAR 2016/03/27 19:37:40 (permalink)
gunboatdiplomacy
I'm all for analytics.  Cakewalk seeing where I point my mouse is the least of my digital worries. 

Me too.   I kinda like the idea of CW collecting data that represents my workflows, preferences, etc..  After all, it's not some government developed mind-reading software that scans my brain and reveals all my deepest, darkest secrets.   It's a DAW.   

And just as much, I'm all for CW making it known ahead of time and providing the option to disable it for those not in the same frame of mind.   Use it or don't.   Pay monthly or don't.    Choice.

SteveC

Focusrite 18i6 (ASIO);

brconflict
Re: Cakewalk Analytics Coming To SONAR 2016/03/28 10:50:16 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby Noel Borthwick [Cakewalk] 2016/04/03 17:43:43
I won't argue that I'd be all for "pointless" or data-mining analytics, because that's a bit invasive. However, what's happening here is a shift in the industry. Software become far more complex and more so than anyone can ideally, and reliably test to its fullest extent. I was in a debate this past weekend with a very paranoid Windows user who refuses to move to Windows 10 because of what it gives Microsoft. His argument is, "Why don't they just test it more fully?"

I used to have that that same adamant opinion. I want to see software tested more fully, even at a greater cost to me. But I do understand that the only reliable way to do that is {really} to put it out in the open and let the community report back. With that said, the community is not savvy across the board, or even consistent in reporting troubles. Enter Analytics! Now, SONAR can better report what's good, what's bad, what's used, what's not--and on a grand scale! It's helpful!

Plus, back to the point of Microsoft better testing. Their OS is rock-s.o.l.i.d.! They've tested it. It's everybody else hardware and software that cause most of the OS issues. It's Microsoft's prerogative to build more informative databases of what's eating their OS. Same with Sonar. It's their prerogative to gather more information about what things might be eating/crashing Sonar, and what things might have led up to that. Or what feature nobody uses anymore, so stop wasting money on keeping it up to date or included in future releases. Good stuff can be done, if done responsibly.

Brian

stevec
Re: Cakewalk Analytics Coming To SONAR 2016/03/28 14:20:14 (permalink)
brconflict
Good stuff can be done, if done responsibly.

Yup!

SteveC

Focusrite 18i6 (ASIO);

elegentdrum
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 26
Re: Cakewalk Analytics Coming To SONAR 2016/03/28 21:08:06 (permalink)
Since I'm using Sonar in an isolated machine, I hope there will be a switch to prevent it from trying to connect every so often using up overhead. I only connect my music computer to the internet when I an required to for licensing, and I wish I did not have to do that. I really cringed when I had to update the OS to get the current version of Sonar. I have yet to put the machine through a real working since. 

Music computers should never be on the internet. In the near future, My MIDI patch bay will be using the network slot. The real problem is no on line help and that my system uses Asio, so I cant watch and help vids anyway on that computer.

I have no problem letting Sonar see how I use the software, but only when I'm in an update as a batch. All of the time will not be allowed by anybody trying to put together a pro studio. Typically a real studio leaves the sound computer off the web.

This is yet another delineation between pro and consumer software. I own sonar because of how well it handles VST3's in specific BFD3. Other than that, I wish it was just like Pro tools or soundscape. A simple solid platform that just works like a tape machine and Mixer.
post edited by elegentdrum - 2016/03/28 21:33:08
John T
Re: Cakewalk Analytics Coming To SONAR 2016/03/30 13:54:53 (permalink)
elegentdrum
All of the time will not be allowed by anybody trying to put together a pro studio. Typically a real studio leaves the sound computer off the web.

I dunno about that. That seems like an outdated position to me.

It's 2016. I'm not getting tape reels off a courier or anything. And the rate at which I receive and send files for work, which is all day, every day, it would extremely inefficient to not be connected to the internet all the time.

If I was running a multi-room studio, then yeah, I'd probably have the music computers off the internet, but connected to an internal server that was on the net. But since I'm not, there's not a whole lot to be gained from not having a direct connection.

Thedoccal
Max Output Level: -85 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 290
Re: Cakewalk Analytics Coming To SONAR 2016/04/03 17:05:43 (permalink)
Great idea.  I'm in.  (Replying to the OP only)
Page: << < ..11 Showing page 11 of 11
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1