Helpful Replyofficial cakewalk forum participation seems a bit ad hoc

Page: < 123 Showing page 3 of 3
Author
dcumpian
Max Output Level: -34 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 4124
Re: official cakewalk forum participation seems a bit ad hoc 2017/02/17 11:20:27 (permalink)
BobF
Craig - I love the idea of paid support.  There are zero resources that are immune from abuse if it doesn't cost the user per use.  Even small amounts of cost will curtail abuse.

I'm sure there are tons of folks out there that genuinely need help, but are caught up behind a queue full of hand-holding requests.

Jeez people ... learn your machine+interface, your OS and your DAW.  Expend a little effort. 
Yes, I'm flame proof.  Go for it.

+1. Completely agree.

Do you call Ford everyday to help you start your car?

Dan

Mixing is all about control.

My music:
http://dancumpian.bandcamp.com/ or https://soundcloud.com/dcumpian Studiocat Advanced Studio DAW (Intel i5 3550 @ 3.7GHz, Z77 motherboard, 16GB Ram, lots of HDDs), Sonar Plat, Mackie 1604, PreSonus Audiobox 44VSL, ESI 4x4 Midi Interface, Ibanez Bass, Custom Fender Mexi-Strat, NI S88, Roland JV-2080 & MDB-1, Komplete, Omnisphere, Lots o' plugins.    
pwalpwal
Max Output Level: -43 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3249
Re: official cakewalk forum participation seems a bit ad hoc 2017/02/17 11:21:17 (permalink)
hi ryan, thanks for the insight
if you could get rid of the "Oh no! All of our agents are booked!" thing  - either by making agents available (however) or just remove that option (temporarily) i think that might change user perception

just a sec

pwalpwal
Re: official cakewalk forum participation seems a bit ad hoc 2017/02/17 11:28:36 (permalink)
Anderton
pwalpwal
BobF
pwalpwal
unable to execute, they're over-stretching, i blame the recent non-technical management

OK.  How has that statement set the stage for positive change?  What did you just accomplish?

i'm just sharing an idea (that statement), no particular goal in mind, but maybe the management should consider going with their tech team recommendations, above marketing? (just as an example answer, first thing i thought of as it's fairly common, a regular thing that comes up in modern tech-oriented companies, ie, decision makers not "getting" the tech they're making decisions about)

I don't think you have ANY clue about how Cakewalk operates, who does what, their backgrounds, who sets schedules, and so on. 

working in modern commercial software development for the last 20 years i think i do have *some* clue, unless you're implying that cakewalk somehow do it differently than everyone else - it's a "battle" between science and business...

but if you mean i'm speculating, than i do agree with that

just a sec

telecharge
Max Output Level: -67 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1180
Re: official cakewalk forum participation seems a bit ad hoc 2017/02/17 13:15:51 (permalink)
Ryan Munnis [Cakewalk]
We had an unfortunate major reduction in support staff last year that was unforeseen. We were pretty honest that this is what happened.

I remember seeing something about a staff reduction, but I don't recall it being characterized as severe. Regardless, it's been close to a year now with no publicly visible progress.

Ryan Munnis [Cakewalk]
Our Customer Service team has been very successful at responding to inquiries rapidly, almost always within the same business day a request has come in. We also now answer inquiries 24/7 versus previously where it was only from 10:00 AM to 6:00 PM EST Mon-Fri.

I don't know when that change was made, but that wasn't my experience in December. I was told I got lost in the shuffle, similiar to when you told me the system auto-closed my ticket earlier in 2016. Pehaps my experiences are the exception.

Ryan Munnis [Cakewalk]
Our Technical Support team unfortunately is still pretty deeply under water with challenging technical requests... Fact of the matter is, Technical Support is technical and technical things are often complicated and take time to address. These types of complicated issues are almost always unique to the individual and can't be addressed with FAQs or auto-texts and truthfully require a lot of man hours to get to the bottom of. As a result, the guys are pretty tied up.

It seems to me that if support has been underwater all this time with deep, technical issues, monthly updates with new features may not be the best idea.

Ryan Munnis [Cakewalk]
How To related issues are easy for our support staff to handle. That is not what is holding these guys up. Truthfully I'm not sure why this is the conclusion people often come to.

If Mr. Anderton, a C-level executive of your parent company, has this perception, then surely you can understand the confusion.

Nonetheless, I do appreciate the update and hope that Cakewalk support are able to get their collective heads above water in the near future.
kitekrazy1
Max Output Level: -40 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3524
Re: official cakewalk forum participation seems a bit ad hoc 2017/02/18 12:20:59 (permalink)
Ibanez Laney
When you buy a car you don't expect Toyota to teach you how to drive.
When you buy a Guitar you don't expect the guy that sold it to teach you how to play it.

But when people buy computers/interfaces/software they seem to expect lessons on how to use them.

This doesn't make sense.  Cars and instruments are universal compared to software.  Most software has lessons on how to use them.  They also have manuals. I do find it odd that when a person buys their first guitar it usually doesn't come with a manual while a toaster does.

Sonar Platinum, W7 Pro 32GB Ram, Intel i7 4790, AsRock Z97 Pro 4,  NVidia 750ti, AP2496

Sonar Platinum, W7 Pro, 16GB Ram, AMD FX 6300, Gigabyte GA 970 -UD3 P, nVidia 9800GT, Guitar Port, Terratec EWX 2496
kitekrazy1
Max Output Level: -40 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3524
Re: official cakewalk forum participation seems a bit ad hoc 2017/02/18 12:34:21 (permalink)
dcumpian
BobF
Craig - I love the idea of paid support.  There are zero resources that are immune from abuse if it doesn't cost the user per use.  Even small amounts of cost will curtail abuse.

I'm sure there are tons of folks out there that genuinely need help, but are caught up behind a queue full of hand-holding requests.

Jeez people ... learn your machine+interface, your OS and your DAW.  Expend a little effort. 

+1. Completely agree.

Dan

I know someone who bought a new Ford truck and basically had to do that. Got refunded due to the lemon law.

Meanwhile those who will use W10 will run into issues since it is an evolving OS.  This is going to keep developers on their toes.  I've had two DAWs broken because of Melodyne 2 and Finale 25 inconsistently working.

Sonar Platinum, W7 Pro 32GB Ram, Intel i7 4790, AsRock Z97 Pro 4,  NVidia 750ti, AP2496

Sonar Platinum, W7 Pro, 16GB Ram, AMD FX 6300, Gigabyte GA 970 -UD3 P, nVidia 9800GT, Guitar Port, Terratec EWX 2496
Anderton
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 14070
Re: official cakewalk forum participation seems a bit ad hoc 2017/02/18 21:34:34 (permalink)
telecharge

If Mr. Anderton, a C-level executive of your parent company, has this perception, then surely you can understand the confusion.

This was something that was brought up by the support people when I talked with them. However, what Ryan says quantifies it to a degree I didn't pursue - that the how-to ones don't take up as much time as the highly technical issues. So any confusion results from my not probing further. Still, if it leads to generating blog posts and FAQs that solve some of the issues people encounter, that would be a good thing.

Nonetheless, I do appreciate the update and hope that Cakewalk support are able to get their collective heads above water in the near future.

It's always great when Ryan is able to take the time to contribute to the forum. I wish all of you could meet him, he's one of those people that you wish was your neighbor.

The first 3 books in "The Musician's Guide to Home Recording" series are available from Hal Leonard and http://www.reverb.com. Listen to my music on http://www.YouTube.com/thecraiganderton, and visit http://www.craiganderton.com. Thanks!
Sir Les
  • Total Posts : 1182
Re: official cakewalk forum participation seems a bit ad hoc 2017/02/18 23:37:29 (permalink)
gbowling

Read through all the posts in this thread, what a downer!

For what it's worth, I'll try to add some positive input. I've used lots of software from lots of companies for many years.

My opinion is that Cakewalk's customer service is better than 95+ percent of them! Many companies as small as Cakewalk don't have any way to get in touch with them. Much less a forum that is as active and helpful as this one. Plus tons of videos on how to do things along with many third party videos both for free on youtube and for sale from places like groove3. 

Not to mention resources like Craig Anderton who devotes a lot of time here and is a tremendous resource. And the occasional treat of an actual developer showing up here and answering questions, that's typically unheard of!

And Cake isn't sitting on it's laurels either, last year they added collecting feedback to their software to assist in learning what users do so they can improve. 

To me, Cake is very active at improving the product. The support is far better than most software companies, especially small ones. And there are lots of resources to get help. AND now I have lifetime updates that I used to have to buy every year! I have very little to complain about and a lot to be completely giddy about.

Thanks Cake for all the great support and continual improvement and to all the employees and resources you make available to us!

gabo

Since when is Truth a downer?

And I support CW...I paid them much...in support, and have solved issues , and helped with good ideas to put remote viewing into the tech support camp.

That said...They did do...if you get to them by using the connections provided...which seem over loaded these days by Phone.

But I got remote viewed......and still the system is not their baby....That is the builder problem to setup proper.

So....Truth, if the OS is behind some of...How can one code for the bug?...Work arounds?...this is system crucial....Right?...All things needs be uninterrupted for that processing of many tracks, streaming from multiple sources, using multiple resources.

If the performance of said system is running apps behind the app your using, and tied into the service and sources to also use, to collect data...secondary to your use....doubling the services use or usage to cause if so found in use a error state or hold state to complete such a task...as USER needs...To over rule that process, to do what is not necessary when doing...And or at all....That is where the problems lies.

I did not sign up, to be track, traced, and profiled by a super data base...to sell me my next idea.

My idea is...truth...be known.

That is still wanting to find about this...As I said..Bug hunt.

So...what is causing the problems witnessed now in some OS builds?....

Order.?....Trust?...Harmony?...Honesty?....or is it over ruled by...$$$$ to sell you a solution down the road for what they put into ....to cause a need for that solution to be sold.

Now this is Huckleberry Finn's methods to madness.

If a simple task is given...To tend to well , in good, and very good estates....and error is made...in first degree of Knowing.....Human....Life....and what is necessary...what was taken without permission....And what needs be put back to make it all work proper.

You have a mystery that transends time and space to fulfill the righting on the wall...A path put for us to follow.

Multiply the givens using Good intent, very good truth...and resolve by giving back ...what was taken in error, or by error..or by liar and lies.....To restore the Glory....of the one whom made all....No lie is with...is always truth is constant...with that one.

I am not that...But I seek it...and know it is not a machine I seek...But one whom holds the keys...Knows me more being seeking...Because I put back with no sin...but did not know what I did do to gain such pain in my life.

Surely something does not want truth ...be it coming in..or going out....It hates truth be said....and written...They rejected it....And so....what did they do to him?...

Now if he be still alive in care over all ...Mind over matter, and does not change his ways or spirit...Yet said his wrath and woe are upon....Baal....Be mindful of the Lying of the medium you are using...to gain wisdom..if it is sur planted with....LIARS, to deceive many..to keep using..and paying to be used...Not by the owner...but to cast death and lies, and mayhem ...Pointing fingers at....To gain bloodshed.

This is spy vs spy....?....And whom gives spy ware to their children?..or buys it?.....if unknown doing so, but then finding some saying...And a reason for some issues...Surely system intensive...to do.

Logics does not function proper on...Lies.

And if you look into people lying to make blood shed be...doing same...Do they not twitch and draw in flies of that sort?...or woe, or wrath upon the unsuspecting whom ....support it?.

I wonder...if the glass of water is now broken...and the mountains are sliding...to the sea....Truth will be his word still.....constant...never falters....if not here...Then he exists beyond the den of wolves and vipers....as he addressed them all once upon a time...And did not harm the living..or the dead....but showed he could raise both to his Truth.....

Now that is worth trying to find.....If so what is built...make it good...if so made good...trust...if so trust is faith...Faith is belief that Truth is the best policy....Best foot put fowards....Correcting error is proper for all living things be needing Truth.

That said if Truth elects....his elite...It is not done by votes of people...It is done by his vote.

Again..No one follows his teachings or truths.

And I see why much error is in the world.

and not giving or sharing Earth with many kinds...Now gone selfishly towards economics and power grabs and gaps in ...Processes, causing more problems to solve...While holding out the hand asking not to solve your self...But pay us to solve for you.....circles eh?

Paying causes part of the problem....As it is not given what was Given to solve for to all....And they keep you and me and others in that trap....asking we pay, and let them never put the error proper...Because the detrimental put, brings in more issues....And more rebuilding...and more lies and liars...sins and evils to solve for....AS THE TRUTH SAID IT WOULD....

So, ...You can reason their way....and believe what they say...and vote in, ruin...lies, liars...and listen to them sell something....Which kind of works for you, but,...in this MS OS win10...It is hard pressed to do anything ...for you, if you turn it off....Is it off?...and if you turn it on to use...Are you the only one using it?....No!...

Settings set to defaults....over ruling your rule over those things...can sabotage a lean machine of performance...to do what they sold us....to make music...and stay out of troubles of world...Yet world is now put in...Same monster into the house hold to make it a market.

What did the Truth say about his house when kicking at the tables of trade in his Fathers house put?..and those who brought in that usery Pay and tax on the good land, the good food, the good care, and the good prayer?....Sin?...Baal?...sacrifices of life put to death?...or is death brought back to life saying Truth about what they were doing...not only to the house..being Earth...But also putting laws...Saying Plant or meds are illegal...Contraband .......Rome...Victus?.

Hear a Trump saying he stands against some drugs?....What is Bent Pharma making?....big bucks eh?

And how is it ..if People elect a Trump....saying...economic slavery for that same monument built building holdings.....to keep it going built in USA....is not making the correction of the Truth at all...Just removing the worst one from ruling...to put a man doing the same old same old....Babylon building.....Where is EDEN PUT RIGHT?.

Well it is a plant...and it belongs in the Garden...a well tended Garden without sin...has no blight.

That said...if something is taken from the Garden the Truth made...to make it not good done by Trespassing with error...If told not to do...is done....How far the fall can be...?

See...Righteous was some...Good made bad...and some bad made good...to  correct error where error will be....if they see the truth...and want it.

That is in all things...Living.

If some of good intent is put over life...and it sees you as trust worthy enough....Does it not befriend you?.

And if life went wild...but can be tamed....Is it possible The Truth was said to do something of tilling in seed, making the garden Grow a certain way...On truth...is shared estates and what is making it not shared now?

Error. in principles!

That said....I think many here say ...so see it as a downer.....But some see a glass half full...and some see a glass half empty....two views?

Well one more I add...I see water drowning the lands....because they broke the glass full of wrath for the wickedness they continue to do in violation of his house and holy things....Truth said would be full of something held for.

I hope Truth Trumps all!, and corrects all properly...To heal the lands and the Nation under MY LORD...and if Trump is not correcting error proper...His rule will be short lived....I say!...BAAL HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH MY LORD...And he did not say...let some over rule his laws, his covenants, or make amendments to his words!

My King over all the Glory stands Truth....He was that more so I see now!

And as some may see clearly.....and say it is a hard day waiting on....I find it uplifting knowing he still teaches us from a far off place!...and has been Patient no less...with us...in circles, never doing it right, nor following completely...making more EDENS as asked, and correct the error to give back some.

World of the Day is Give us, and we give him his glory as asked.

Make that be Freely done with good intent over the whole...of the living....And not with Money...But with heart!

Best of the Day.

Now asked , and is found wanting Reason for doing it wrong?...Do it right!...I already did do it right as a child.

1. Intel 5960x 3.5mhz , ASUS x99 deluxe u3.1, Asus Thunderbolt ex II,   G skills f4 3000 Memory 32GB , ADATA ssd 250GB Main Drive, Lots of WD Red 7200 Mechanical Drives with Black Drives, 14x multi optical Drive, LG Multi Blu Drive,  2X Extern WD Mybooks usb 3.0, AMD r7 270 video card, Motu 828x TB , Motu Midi XT.
2.  USING MAC PRO, as win 10 has damaged 2 x99 systems 8.1 is also to blame for the final burnout trying to roll back!

3.  Something Wonderful: https://1drv.ms/f/s!AlHkRy9cXBbYpQNvVBCt8r7fQ5PS
telecharge
  • Total Posts : 1180
Re: official cakewalk forum participation seems a bit ad hoc 2017/02/19 00:28:33 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby Bristol_Jonesey 2017/02/19 13:34:03

Sir Les
Re: official cakewalk forum participation seems a bit ad hoc 2017/02/19 01:45:24 (permalink)
dcumpian
BobF

+1. Completely agree.

Dan

Now that is just looney word....Listen up, some say...Woe to them whom harm the Earth...Earth being what?...holding living things?...Do you care about the living things...To need to start a car, which pollutes that living?

Now hear here....Car does not work proper...Has building issues with x....You buy and ride the car....And one day...Bang...Fire Proof?...No...it is on fire and you cannot release the seatbelt, and the air bag has you pinned in.

You gonna call ford..or other maker when burnt to a crisp?....and if you call them while burning....You think they will come save you while being burnt?....Not on your life...would I bet it be so.

So....Starting the car up burning fossil fuels which pollute the whole earth...More doing...Only leads to a toxic swill of soup de jour.....Right?.

Breath in the air...As the Pig in the sky flies?....Pink.

Oh some say pollution makes nice colours in the sky...and more dead in the ground...and blood on the road...is sucked up to burn more so into.

Just saying...My perspective....And...You still want to turn the key?....and smoke from her burning goes up for ever and ever doing it....

Well, more sick and suffer ills and woe, wrath and correction doing just that for ever and ever does not solve the issue or recalls for bad building....Perhaps a new way  be coming soon?...

Still thinking about Alcohol...much cleaner source to turn a engine...generate electricity...and move ....As was with one Truth saying it...was freely given to do good onto the whole...and keep it.....Here we seem to see a entropic state of...By what is being done with something other than....is it dead blood told not to touch?....I wonder in that solve for....and what taints all things....Is a LAW of LIFE by said by Whom?.

If I stick the emissions of the car...Into the car..and close all vents and windows.....You would not be living long breathing it in.

So....Facts...Truth...I would not try..But it is known by error of being in...a closed environment burning to make carbon Monoxide.....Poison to some living things.....Enough doing it...die...or get sick enough...or worse...it mutates things....Or this is a dead world holding dead people in it doing it all wrong....Perhaps it could be said...death is forever in sin and wickedness...and ill care put.

Yes?

Just thinking outside the box.

Cheers!...Yah alcohol burns clean...and engine or generator works well enough!

solar panels could also...and other means to move mountains....Not blowing up people living in caves....to do the very thing told not to...Does not raise any from ...what ever reality is being made by burning that fossil fuel eh?

But more die...more extinction...more of more of one kind...and no other...is going to become a human eat human...if we keep putting people into the ground by X...saying it is ok to pollute the planet with....Known truths about.

So...Drink up the oily waters, and breath in the breath of opposites.

And You claim pay for support?....Interesting circle....why should one pay to fix...if it is paid to use, and does not work?...and whom should pay if paid for life time updates to fix?....As said is not working for some reason proper....although it does work for some for some time....paid...then if not working when paid....should one pay more to fix....?...and some do that....is it fixed or more broken?....so more payment is made...to solve?...is it solved?...or is new bug put?...to pay more and more so put to pay more....Well we start working backwards at some point....Tainting it so it can profit whom?...You?...User?....No...builder?...well no...eventually people stop paying...because they have nothing to pay with....As life slips away....or opposites cancel out....That said.

If it is given freely Life.....Then what is necessary for it, is also given!.....And that Truth might be over ruled some by Principles you adopted from old ....USERY...BAAL....And SACRIFICES of LIVING THINGS...MADE DEAD....Now if all dead can be raised up to life.....What is it that can do this?...Truth be known?...said do not do...do not sin...or stop sinning and be forgiven....Hence, if sent to say...from where did that one come from to say.

And if that sin be...understanding of...What is understanding Lord of he whom said it?...Sin is disobedience of his word and will...in this place...and the other place....both are his.

So...as I see it...if you follow...word of....Then nothing is without reason for saying it...to save some, to give some, to raise some out of, and to put some into....A place....if you are in the wrong place...DEATH...it could stay dead forever....and ever...and ever...Yes?

Why make it dead?..and why make it cost?...anything we make...?...see who and how money rules the mind?...false profits eh?

Value is the use of good intent made by for all care taken to put over all life....Value is not measured by wealth...Value is measured by Good or very good done with Life and the living...shared!..with good intent put over the whole.

If it cannot be done, or ever was done proper...is a question now being rethunk....You think?...are you in a zone of living things or dead ones thinking you live...while polluting , waring, murdering, and worse raping...taking, and or only for $$$$ which if the only thing sought to use or have to have life....EAT IT, and see how long you live doing it.

Not long eh?...So why put every living thing, and thing done measured by that term?

Good Questions eh?...And give and share we do?...Then do it right...and do not taint life with that bent measure or usery or BAAL....and less problems might result in what we make, we make for the greator good of all, in all by us, and they see we care over proper....Would not that be more so a way?.

And it was said when?...and who sent him?....and...here we are today, ..Making Rome, Babylon, and other things already dead, remade dead, and dead again..saying what?....You have to pay for life?...and pollute it with taint it is?..sickness, suffering and as said above....

Truth and trust seem far off in a delusion mind no doubt for some....

Living in a cave with no money....and a seed, trying to get a garden of food, and some life to come back to the land, so it could be counted sinless enough to make another place for LIFE to be, got bombed by the world of wealth and weapons of mass destruction...Holding Whom?....And I wonder why if any truth be in world doing!...Yep, they used lies to do it, to stop them from doing it right....eh?...oh Lord...be mindful, some have read your words..and say, and do...as you said.....Save them!

post edited by Sir Les - 2017/02/19 02:10:36

1. Intel 5960x 3.5mhz , ASUS x99 deluxe u3.1, Asus Thunderbolt ex II,   G skills f4 3000 Memory 32GB , ADATA ssd 250GB Main Drive, Lots of WD Red 7200 Mechanical Drives with Black Drives, 14x multi optical Drive, LG Multi Blu Drive,  2X Extern WD Mybooks usb 3.0, AMD r7 270 video card, Motu 828x TB , Motu Midi XT.
2.  USING MAC PRO, as win 10 has damaged 2 x99 systems 8.1 is also to blame for the final burnout trying to roll back!

jamesg1213
  • Total Posts : 21760
Re: official cakewalk forum participation seems a bit ad hoc 2017/02/19 08:42:47 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby brundlefly 2017/02/19 11:22:48
Turn off 'What You Think'.

Jyemz

Thrombold's Patented Brisk Weather Pantaloonettes with Inclementometer
brundlefly
  • Total Posts : 14250
Re: official cakewalk forum participation seems a bit ad hoc 2017/02/19 11:22:35 (permalink)
jamesg1213

SONAR Platinum x64, 2x MOTU 2408/PCIe-424  (24-bit, 48kHz)
Win10, I7-6700K @ 4.0GHz, 24GB DDR4, 2TB HDD, 32GB SSD Cache, GeForce GTX 750Ti, 2x 24" 16:10 IPS Monitors
Mosvalve
  • Total Posts : 1194
Re: official cakewalk forum participation seems a bit ad hoc 2017/02/19 11:39:07 (permalink)
I used to manage an IT helpdesk. Do you really want me to go through the 40% of calls that just waisted the helpdesk staff time. At the end of the week it is the helpdesk staff that needs Help. Psychological help that is.
I'm guessing the support staff have been cut down and it's hard to keep up partly due to my statement above.
The members of this forum have provided the best tech support I've seen in a long time. Most times you don't have to ask a question because all you have to do is look through the area's of interest and most often your issue has been asked and solved. Of course this is no excuse for a company to lessen support to it's customers.
IMO Cakewalk would be stupid to clost down this forum. I'm not sure the Baker forum will cut it.

BobV 

ASUS Prime Z370-P - Intel Core i7+ 8700K 3.7GHZ 16GB Memory, Intel HD Graphics 630 GPU,  Windows 10 Pro 64bit,  , Sonar Platinum 64bit, Motu 828MK3 Hybrid, Warm Audio TB12 Pre, Warm Audio WA273 Pre, AEA RPQ 500 Pre, Warm Audio WA76 Compressor, Presonus D8 Pre, Tonelux EQ5P 500 Eq, Kush Electra 500 Eq, Lindell PEX 500 Eq, Yamaha 80M monitors with HS10W Sub,  and a bunch of other good stuff. I have a Roland Juno-106 that's looking for a new home. PM me.
Bristol_Jonesey
  • Total Posts : 16775
Re: official cakewalk forum participation seems a bit ad hoc 2017/02/19 13:35:00 (permalink)
jamesg1213

Post of the day

CbB, Platinum, 64 bit throughout
Custom built i7 3930, 32Gb RAM, 2 x 1Tb Internal HDD, 1 x 1TB system SSD (Win 7), 1 x 500Gb system SSD (Win 10), 2 x 1Tb External HDD's, Dual boot Win 7 & Win 10 64 Bit, Saffire Pro 26, ISA One, Adam P11A,
paulo
Max Output Level: -13 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 6218
Re: official cakewalk forum participation seems a bit ad hoc 2017/02/19 13:46:51 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby telecharge 2017/02/19 14:17:46
Mosvalve

The members of this forum have provided the best tech support I've seen in a long time. Most times you don't have to ask a question because all you have to do is look through the area's of interest and most often your issue has been asked and solved. Of course this is no excuse for a company to lessen support to it's customers.
IMO Cakewalk would be stupid to clost down this forum. I'm not sure the Baker forum will cut it.

Agreed, which is why I think they ought to be a little more regular in their visits here rather than just being all over it when they have something new to sell and then practically nothing the rest of the time. People here do a great deal of their "support" work for them, so a little more appreciation in the form of more regular interaction wouldn't go amiss. They used to do this much better, to me it was the No.1 reason to stick with CW, so it's not surprising that some longer term customers see the way it is now as a downgrade. 

I have no personal interest in the mac version, so am not bothered at all about if/when that ever sees the light of day, but I feel for those who do and handed their money over when encouraged to do so as the silence seems to be deafening as far as that goes. People will understand that things sometimes take a little longer to get right than was hoped, so that is all they need say, a little...hey, we're still on it folks...... but to just ignore clearly disgruntled customers who feel that CW haven't delivered on what they were promised and paid for reflects very poorly on them, especially as you just know that when it eventually does come out they will be all over this forum congratulating themselves on how cool it is.

I've only seen "the bakery" (lame) once when somebody posted a link to it in a thread. Other than trying to find that thread again I don't even know how to get to it, but that also doesn't worry me as it was too much like hard work to even read the thing.

JMO YMMV etc.
Mosvalve
Re: official cakewalk forum participation seems a bit ad hoc 2017/02/19 14:07:53 (permalink)
Someone is doing heavy drugs. I think we all know who.

BobV 

ASUS Prime Z370-P - Intel Core i7+ 8700K 3.7GHZ 16GB Memory, Intel HD Graphics 630 GPU,  Windows 10 Pro 64bit,  , Sonar Platinum 64bit, Motu 828MK3 Hybrid, Warm Audio TB12 Pre, Warm Audio WA273 Pre, AEA RPQ 500 Pre, Warm Audio WA76 Compressor, Presonus D8 Pre, Tonelux EQ5P 500 Eq, Kush Electra 500 Eq, Lindell PEX 500 Eq, Yamaha 80M monitors with HS10W Sub,  and a bunch of other good stuff. I have a Roland Juno-106 that's looking for a new home. PM me.
paulo
Re: official cakewalk forum participation seems a bit ad hoc 2017/02/19 14:15:48 (permalink)
Mosvalve
Someone is doing heavy drugs. I think we all know who.

Nice. I'd hate to think what you'd say if i disagreed with you.........

chuckebaby
  • Total Posts : 13146
Re: official cakewalk forum participation seems a bit ad hoc 2017/02/19 15:06:42 (permalink)
I may not agree with everyone but I try to respect others opinions. sure im not perfect
but we all have our opinions and who is to say mine is more defined then yours (who ever).

Windows 8.1 X64 Sonar Platinum x64
Custom built: Asrock z97 1150 - Intel I7 4790k - 16GB corsair DDR3 1600 - PNY SSD 220GB
Focusrite Saffire 18I8 - Mackie Control

Wibbles
Max Output Level: -82 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 404
Re: official cakewalk forum participation seems a bit ad hoc 2017/02/19 17:06:18 (permalink)
When I want anybody else's opinion, I'll be sure to let them know what it is.

I'm off to see the Wibble, the wonderful Wibble of Wobble

Mosvalve
Re: official cakewalk forum participation seems a bit ad hoc 2017/02/19 18:42:30 (permalink)
Paulo my comment wasn't directed towards you I just happened to post after you. you said nothing that would cause my comment.

BobV 

BobF
  • Total Posts : 8124
Re: official cakewalk forum participation seems a bit ad hoc 2017/02/19 19:02:25 (permalink)
Somebody please lock this before it gets ugly.  It's been really good so far ...

Bob  --
Angels are crying because truth has died ...
Illegitimi non carborundum
--
Studio One Pro / i7-6700@3.80GHZ, 32GB Win 10 Pro x64
Roland FA06, LX61+, Fishman Tripleplay, FaderPort, US-16x08 + ARC2.5/Event PS8s 
Waves Gold/IKM Max/Nomad Factory IS3/K11U

paulo
Re: official cakewalk forum participation seems a bit ad hoc 2017/02/20 05:23:43 (permalink)
Mosvalve
Paulo my comment wasn't directed towards you I just happened to post after you. you said nothing that would cause my comment.

I know that. I was joking - hence the smiley face at the bottom, but as the saying goes, if ya have to explain it......

Taxi for Paulo ! 

Sir Les
Re: official cakewalk forum participation seems a bit ad hoc 2017/02/20 16:28:01 (permalink)
brundlefly
jamesg1213

Good one...We need to relearn, by witnessing..and cause and effect...When truth be known of all living and how it should be with all in all for all cared over properly...clean, healthy..Is a Prospering of Life..and many Kinds are they...Made for some reasoning...To filter...To move atoms...To hold electrical mind over matter beyond Just Human thoughts or whims....So in part, they are part of...Glory of the Lord aslo....Yes?...

What thinking is left to do, but do good with, with good intent for, to make more of...Into the Universe and beyond....Not so much to consume Life, and pay, stuck in the mud...spinning wheels of misfortune, goes no where fast is so doing.

And circles always resolve at the place of first starting....So why go in circles?...Straight lines make faster end of it..and move forward when done with truth.....As Lies make circles for chaos to be had.

That said...If one can solve for X...One can always seek the point of origin for council.

Machine be tool...if tool is broken by bad logics...and paid for...it is supposed to work...if it does not work as sold...Then a violation of terms is in its conceptual format...For whom buys something that does not work as sold?

And hear here...If it be so said works with X...and X has issues with working for User....And application is made and says works with X..But does not totally work proper...and is dependant on many things unsaid.

Then...as system specifications are met, and it still does not perform proper...Did it ever, if it needs fixing?

Again...to stop thinking and let others do it for you paid or not....Gives up their Life for the other to rule over.

So, ...I smile at the thought of stopping to think...would be rest of the chaos and madness upon much things witnessed...done on Earth....if it be a way....perhaps all should stop...No sin in that...and stand still...no sin in that...And not say...No lies uttered....And if something comes to sell you, or make you sell or buy...Do not listen...or think to do.

Yes...Might be a way to save one self from.

But to correct error...Now, that is what the forum is about....I stand as saying it...The spirit of helpers and the good samaritan....If finding a horse in a gutter, frustrated because it cannot escape its fait...You and other pass by seeing....One brings a rope, one brings a board, one brings a hope, one brings a blessing...and one prays for help....And they help the horse out of the gutter....What is the payment for this act of kindness?....Thank You!...But the mystery is not over in that...what caused the horse to be in a gutter, on the side of the road?....One might ask to reason....Who built the road?..and what scared the horse off it?...Well some things the lord did not make...I guess we can figure out from that point of origin aspect of...what is his making...and what is not.

jb101
Max Output Level: -46 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2946
Re: official cakewalk forum participation seems a bit ad hoc 2017/02/20 19:53:36 (permalink)

Sonar Platinum
Vastman
Max Output Level: -50 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2508
Re: official cakewalk forum participation seems a bit ad hoc 2017/02/20 20:49:07 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby FCCfirstclass 2017/07/19 21:26:15
too many words to read thru this thing but my reaction to the thread is the Bakers are a relatively small school of fish swimming in a huge ocean dominated by much larger schools. Personally, I'm quite appreciative when they do  hop on here but it seems these days if ya give an inch, some start demanding a mile...

I imagine they're quite busy figuring out how to stay ahead of things and their random input reflects the amount of time they have, without taking too much away from their families and private lives

For most things, the guru's here do a stellar job, leaving the baker's to do what they do best... bake our pastries!

Be thankful for what cha get... greed kills

Dana
We make the future... Climate Change Music
VastMaschine:SP4L/W10/i74930K/32GB/RME/CAD E100s; The Orchestra! NOVO!/Inspire/BohemianViolin&Cello, ARK1&2,/MinimalCapriccioMaximoSoto/OE1&2, Action&Emotive/Omni2/Tril/RMX/All OrangeTree/Falcon/APE Jugs/Alpha&Bravo/BFD3 & SD3
Gravity/DM307/AEON/DM/Damage/Diva/HZebra/Hive/Diversion/VC4/Serum/Alchemy/blablabla
Spitfire/8DIO/SL/KH/EW/NI; Shred1&2/AGF,G,M&T Torch&Res&Ren/GD-6; Ibanez SR1200&SR505
NOVAX FanFret Tele&Strat 
admagination
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 19
Re: official cakewalk forum participation seems a bit ad hoc 2017/07/18 20:57:51 (permalink)
In lieu of telephone support, at least have quicker online forum response times and live chat.  Live chat at least allows a moderator the ability to escalate an issue up to a tech support call

"I once read that it takes 8 years for an oyster to make a pearl...somehow we are able to crap one out in a day"
admagination
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 19
Re: official cakewalk forum participation seems a bit ad hoc 2017/07/18 21:07:31 (permalink)
Hold on...I just went back up thru this thread.  First, Sir Les is a lunatic. Get a life.  It's your type of posts that make a forum unusable.  Second, to the person who commented on Mr Anderton being a C level employee...are you kidding???  Do you have any idea who he is???  He pretty much wrote the book on sampling and just about anything else in digital music production.  Do your research before you prove yourself a complete idiot...even more!

"I once read that it takes 8 years for an oyster to make a pearl...somehow we are able to crap one out in a day"
pwalpwal
Re: official cakewalk forum participation seems a bit ad hoc 2017/07/19 10:11:49 (permalink)
admaginationC level employee

"executive"

just a sec

Page: < 123 Showing page 3 of 3
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1