Helpful ReplyLockedYou all have wasted potential

Page: < 1234 Showing page 4 of 4
Author
SuperMarioGamer
Max Output Level: -86 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 222
Re: You all have wasted potential 2017/04/14 19:31:33 (permalink)
savageopera
How many songs written are inspired by sadness,loss, agnst ,confusion and strife? I guess that gives you plenty of ammo Professor Mario, so start crackin'.

No, it doesn't at all.  Unpleasant (bad) feelings are even worse than having no feelings at all.  The quality of these bad feelings holds a quality that gives my life the worst value.  Again, I am not using value judgments here in judging my bad feelings.  Rather, this is just what the experience truly is for me.  Depression (hopelessness) and misery, in particular, bring my life the absolute worst quality and value.
savageopera
Max Output Level: -78 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 625
Re: You all have wasted potential 2017/04/14 19:43:57 (permalink)
Boohoo..whaaaahhhh...poor poor pitiful me...I'm going out to the garden and eat worms...woe is me...sob, sob,sob.........whaaaahhhh........wow, i think I feel a new song coming on.....

Sonar Artist, HP Laptop, AMD A8700 , 1T+250g, M-Audio Fast Track Ultra ,Roland 88 Hammer action, Roland AX-1, M-audio 88es, Arturia minilabII......When I was young I wanted to become a mad scientist. I achieved everything except the "scientist" part....http://www.soundclick.com/savageopera
Beepster
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 18001
Re: You all have wasted potential 2017/04/14 19:50:34 (permalink)
SuperMarioGamer
Re: You all have wasted potential 2017/04/14 19:54:47 (permalink)
savageopera
Boohoo..whaaaahhhh...poor poor pitiful me...I'm going out to the garden and eat worms...woe is me...sob, sob,sob.........whaaaahhhh........wow, i think I feel a new song coming on.....

I'm actually not doing any of that.  I am not setting up some sort of sob story.  All I am doing here is simply stating that I have nothing else to give my life value, worth, joy, and beauty besides my good feelings.  It is quite unfortunate, but what can I do?  I cannot stand composing and living my life without these good feelings.  That leaves me no choice but to give up in the meantime and pass up time here by posting in the meantime until I can eventually get these good feelings back to me again.
Beepster
Re: You all have wasted potential 2017/04/14 19:57:48 (permalink)
Geoffrey was my fave...

savageopera
Re: You all have wasted potential 2017/04/14 20:51:53 (permalink)
Isn't this just like your last blog which ended with me,me,me,me,me,me,me. Sorry, but no one wants to enable a whiner. There are many out there with "greater" burdens. Maybe you need professional help. Just saying, the only professional help you'll get here concerns music, not emotions. Hope you "feel" better soon......

Sonar Artist, HP Laptop, AMD A8700 , 1T+250g, M-Audio Fast Track Ultra ,Roland 88 Hammer action, Roland AX-1, M-audio 88es, Arturia minilabII......When I was young I wanted to become a mad scientist. I achieved everything except the "scientist" part....http://www.soundclick.com/savageopera
SuperMarioGamer
Re: You all have wasted potential 2017/04/14 21:08:20 (permalink)
savageopera
Isn't this just like your last blog which ended with me,me,me,me,me,me,me. Sorry, but no one wants to enable a whiner. There are many out there with "greater" burdens. Maybe you need professional help. Just saying, the only professional help you'll get here concerns music, not emotions. Hope you "feel" better soon......

Thank you.  But this isn't like my last topics since I am presenting to you something interesting I've discovered in regards to this amazing untapped potential that I think we all have.  However, this discussion took an inevitable turn towards the necessary condition of my good feelings since you and others asked me why I am wasting my time here posting when I could be learning how to compose.  I gave you the answer and explained that answer in detail.  A simple "my good feelings are necessary" wasn't a sufficient statement.  I had to actually explain to you in detail why my good feelings are the only experiences that give my life and composing value and worth.  Otherwise, you and others would have been very likely to simply dismiss the necessary condition of my good feelings as being nonsense.
Beepster
Re: You all have wasted potential 2017/04/14 21:14:03 (permalink)
SuperMarioGamer
But this isn't like my last topics...

Bhav
Max Output Level: -73 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 887
Re: You all have wasted potential 2017/04/14 21:17:42 (permalink)
Oddly enough, I often compose and write amazing breathtaking music in my dreams. Last night I came up with the most brilliant jazz piano piece any human could ever think off.

But when I wake up its forgotten. I often hear that weed can bring that level of 'dream creativity' into fruition while one is still awake, but I dont have, nor would I be permitted to take weed in my current accommodation.

Another issue would also be that I couldnt actually play the level of music that I dreamt off last night either, even if I did remember it.

I7 6850k, Asus RV10E, 32 Gb ram, SLI GTX 980 Ti, Creative Soundblaster Z, Yamaha DGX 630, Creative Aurvana Platinum headphones.
SuperMarioGamer
Re: You all have wasted potential 2017/04/14 21:20:45 (permalink)
Bhav
Oddly enough, I often compose and write amazing breathtaking music in my dreams. Last night I came up with the most brilliant jazz piano piece any human could ever think off.

But when I wake up its forgotten. I often hear that weed can bring that level of 'dream creativity' into fruition while one is still awake, but I dont have, nor would I be permitted to take weed in my current accommodation.

Another issue would also be that I couldnt actually play the level of music that I dreamt off last night either, even if I did remember it.

Yes, this post further supports my arguments.  How your brain was able to create that amazing music was due to the fact that your brain had the necessary information to do so.  People who take powerful drugs and hear beautiful and amazing music like never before are able to do so due to the fact that their brains had the necessary musical information to do so.
savageopera
Re: You all have wasted potential 2017/04/14 21:26:36 (permalink)
Bhav

Are you related to SMG? Sounds like you two should collaborate.....

Bhav
Max Output Level: -73 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 887
Re: You all have wasted potential 2017/04/14 21:35:23 (permalink)
savageopera
Bhav

Nope not at all. And I dont agree that everyone has this potential, only some people.

I7 6850k, Asus RV10E, 32 Gb ram, SLI GTX 980 Ti, Creative Soundblaster Z, Yamaha DGX 630, Creative Aurvana Platinum headphones.
SuperMarioGamer
Re: You all have wasted potential 2017/04/14 21:40:59 (permalink)
Bhav
savageopera
Bhav

Nope not at all. And I dont agree that everyone has this potential, only some people.

Perhaps you are right.  Maybe it is only some people.  In particular, those who have a high sense of mental creative ability such as those with autism or others who have this creative capacity.  I've been diagnosed with autism.
savageopera
Re: You all have wasted potential 2017/04/15 00:25:01 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby synkrotron 2017/04/15 00:27:45
I don't know if you have taken the time to go to Cakewalk products and checkout Music Creator 7.It really would be the easiest tool to help you to begin to develop your musical ideas. You don't have to be a musician to use it and there are many good tutorials to guide you. Also there are great people here on the Music Creator 7 forum to answer your questions and help you turn your first song into a reality. You can start with music loops and instruments provided and alter them to fit your composition. Check it out, you will really be impressed with the system they have designed for learning the ropes of recording. Looking forward to hearing your first tune.........good luck to you....Ron

emeraldsoul
Max Output Level: -56.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1858
Re: You all have wasted potential 2017/04/15 00:33:04 (permalink)
Mesh
Now what happens if I've been listening to professional quality music my entire life, but due to the fact that I lack any "real" talent, my music is just plain horrible? What if I just don't realize it, but my mind tells me it's fantastic......as one of the bipolarity's in me is realistic while the other side is in fantasy land? 

Which one should I trust?

yep, that's me in Mesh's nutshell.

A work in regress:
www.studiusinterruptus.com

Cornbread - video   audio
A Very, Very Troubled Soul - video   
Kilometers Davis - video   audio
Mayans (Face in the Crowd) - video  audio
The Sweet Slow Fade - video
SuperMarioGamer
Re: You all have wasted potential 2017/04/15 00:36:01 (permalink)
savageopera
I don't know if you have taken the time to go to Cakewalk products and checkout Music Creator 7.It really would be the easiest tool to help you to begin to develop your musical ideas. You don't have to be a musician to use it and there are many good tutorials to guide you. Also there are great people here on the Music Creator 7 forum to answer your questions and help you turn your first song into a reality. You can start with music loops and instruments provided and alter them to fit your composition. Check it out, you will really be impressed with the system they have designed for learning the ropes of recording. Looking forward to hearing your first tune.........good luck to you....Ron

Thank you.  As soon as I get my good feelings back to me again, I will take your advice here.  Once I have my good feelings, I will learn the basics as well as the advanced teachings of composing.  As long as I have my good feelings, then I am willing to go all the way with my composing dream.  I am more than willing to dedicate my life to the 10,000 hour musician rule.  But that is, only if I have my good feelings.  If these feelings get taken away from me again, then there is no way I am going to continue composing.  I will instead wait until I can get them back to me again which, hopefully, would be sometime soon.  I absolutely cannot stand composing without these good feelings since they are the only experiences that give a real quality of value, worth, joy, inspiration, happiness, and beauty to my life and composing.
sharke
  • Total Posts : 13933
Re: You all have wasted potential 2017/04/15 04:08:10 (permalink)

James
Windows 10, Sonar SPlat (64-bit), Intel i7-4930K, 32GB RAM, RME Babyface, AKAI MPK Mini, Roland A-800 Pro, Focusrite VRM Box, Komplete 10 Ultimate, 2012 American Telecaster!
craigb
  • Total Posts : 41704
Re: You all have wasted potential 2017/04/15 05:16:00 (permalink)
Daryl likes monkeys.

Time for all of you to head over to Beyond My DAW!
tenfoot
Max Output Level: -53.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2186
Re: You all have wasted potential 2017/04/15 16:00:03 (permalink)
A quick check has revealed that the inside of MY head is in fact DEcomposing. 

Bruce.

Sonar Platinum 2017-09, Studio One 3.5.3, Win 10 x64, Quad core i7, RME Fireface, Behringer X32 Producer, Behringer X32 Rack, Presonus Faderport, Lemure Software Controller (Android), Enttec DMXIS VST lighting controller, Xtempo POK.
smallstonefan
Max Output Level: -48 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2724
Re: You all have wasted potential 2017/04/15 17:22:32 (permalink)
Perhaps your brain just tricked you into THINKING you made amazing music in your brain.

Any stoner can tell you they have the most amazing creative ideas when high. But any stoner can tell you that when they record those ideas and revisit them in the morning, the think "wow, I must have been high to think that was a great idea".
Ham N Egz
  • Total Posts : 15161
Re: You all have wasted potential 2017/04/15 17:27:18 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby sharke 2017/04/15 20:35:14
MODS time to lock this

Green Acres is the place to be
 I dont twitter, facebook, snapchat, instagram,linkedin,tumble,pinterest,flick, blah blah,lets have an old fashioned conversation!

SuperMarioGamer
Re: You all have wasted potential 2017/04/15 17:28:08 (permalink)
smallstonefan
Perhaps your brain just tricked you into THINKING you made amazing music in your brain.

Any stoner can tell you they have the most amazing creative ideas when high. But any stoner can tell you that when they record those ideas and revisit them in the morning, the think "wow, I must have been high to think that was a great idea".

But what about a situation like this which I am about to explain?  Let's pretend that there is someone who has learned nothing about how music works, but they take a powerful psychedelic drug and they hear absolute masterpieces that they never heard before?  This does happen.  Therefore, this clearly shows here that our brains are already capable of creating the next greatest songs and that it is not necessary to learn how music works in order for this to happen.  I can apply the same idea to dreams.  There are people who have dreams and witness beautiful paintings which are absolute masterpieces that they have never witnessed before despite the fact that these people were never painters and know nothing about painting.  This is yet another proof of the brain's amazing ability to create based on information it already has.
Wookiee
Rrrrugh arah-ah-woof?
  • Total Posts : 13306
Re: You all have wasted potential 2017/04/15 17:45:28 (permalink)
Enough I think.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass, it's about learning to dance in the rain.
Karma has a way of finding its own way home.
Primary, i7 8700K 16Gigs Ram, 3x500gb SSD's 2TB Backup HHD Saffire Pro 40. Win 10 64Bit
Secondary  i7 4790K, 32GB Ram, 500Gb SSD OS/Prog's, 1TB Audio, 1TB Samples HHD AudioBox USB, Win 10 64Bit
CbB, Adam's A7x's - Event 20/20's, Arturia V6, Korg Digital Legacy, Softube Modular, Arturia Keylab-88, USB-MidiSport 8x8 
Beepster
Re: You all have wasted potential 2017/04/15 17:45:35 (permalink)
SuperMarioGamer
But what about a situation like this which I am about to explain?  Let's pretend that there is someone who has learned nothing about how music works, but they take a powerful psychedelic drug and they hear absolute masterpieces that they never heard before?  This does happen.  Therefore, this clearly shows here that our brains are already capable of creating the next greatest songs and that it is not necessary to learn how music works in order for this to happen.  I can apply the same idea to dreams.  There are people who have dreams and witness beautiful paintings which are absolute masterpieces that they have never witnessed before despite the fact that these people were never painters and know nothing about painting.  This is yet another proof of the brain's amazing ability to create based on information it already has.

This is a tale explaining the manner in which My way of life was rotated along a Y axis until it reached a position roughly 180 degrees from that which it started If I could have 60 seconds of your time, simply place your posterior in the selected location And I will relate to you the details of how I was made the male monarch of the district of the City of Los Angeles, California commonly referred to as Bel-Air (coordinates 34.08333 -118.44778).

In the western region of the City of Brotherly Love, known as Philadelphia my mother expelled me from her womb and indeed that is also where I spent my childhood in my mother’s care The majority of my time was spent in a recreational area containing such diversions as a jungle gym, swing set, sand box, etc. I was typically at the height of leisure while frequently at a temperature slightly below what might be considered standard room temperature Outside of my educational institution I was engaging in a game of basketball with some of my friends When a couple of gentlemen who seemed to be of the disposition to cause a great deal of mischief Began causing a great deal of chaos and disharmony in the area in which I lived I was involved in one rather small bout of fisticuffs after which my mother became concerned for my general safety and well-being And she informed me that I would be moving in with her sister and her sister’s husband in the previously mentioned community of Bel-Air.

I implored my mother to relent approximately 24-48 hours ago Yet she gathered my belongings in a somewhat flat, rectangular shaped piece of luggage and expelled me from her presence She placed her lips upon my cheek in an affectionate manner and handed me a pre-purchased pass for public transportation I placed the headphones for my personal music system into my ears and verbalized the idea that I may as well impact this situation with my foot.

Traveling in the highest available level of comfort, this is indeed an unfortunate situation (although I make this statement with some irony) Consuming the juices obtained by the squeezing of the fruit of a Citrus sinensis from a piece of glass stemware commonly reserved for the sipping of sparkling wine originating from the Champagne region of France I pause to wonder if this is indeed how the residents of the admittedly upper-class neighborhood of Bel-Air commonly live Indeed I find this situation may be rather to my enjoyment.

I puckered my lips and exhaled forcefully to produce a shrill note in order to gain the attention of a taxicab driver and as the driver approached I observed his California vanity plate which in place of the traditional jumble of alpha-numeric characters, used only the letters F, R, E, S, and H, spelling out the word “fresh” and from his rearview mirror dangled a pair of oversized, fur-covered cubes decorated to look like the six-sided dice commonly used in gambling and board games In such a situation I could have made a statement about the unusualness of this particular taxicab to the point of it being nearly unique Instead I cogitatively decided against it and instead informed the driver that he should deliver me to what was to become my new home in the community of Bel-Air.

We pulled up to a large domicile sometime between the hours of 7 and 8 o’clock And in a loud tone of voice I informed the cab driver that at some undetermined point in the future I would again detect his odor through my sense of olfaction I gazed about the region of land that I was destined to rule, reflecting on my arrival Where I would claim my rightful place upon the throne, from which I would govern the community of Bel-Air as monarch.
Page: < 1234 Showing page 4 of 4
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1