Dimension Pro Does My Head In

Author
bluearrows
Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 70
2018/11/21 20:12:10 (permalink)

Dimension Pro Does My Head In

I used to love Dimension Pro but we have now broken up.Its always had its issues (i have given up on the missing drum loops in the expansion package even though they have been there for years and suddenly dissapeared one day )
Anyway i have this drum track using dimension pro that I did a few years back and have gone back to remix it.All the Dim pro tracks went fine but thus track It crashed ,crashed again,went to bounce the track ..crash.wrote the the track again from scratch... crash,tried a new instance of dim pro... crash started a new project wrote the track again ..crash.
So i loaded it up the Dimension Pro samples in ARIA worked first time.......Dimension Pro ..you **** me,you moody little arse hat

6 Replies Related Threads

abacab
    Max Output Level: -30.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 4464
    Re: Dimension Pro Does My Head In 2018/11/21 23:47:47 (permalink)
    You posted several months ago about the missing drum grooves in Expansion Pack 2 here: http://forum.cakewalk.com/Missing-Grooves-Dim-Pro-Expansion-Pack-m3779754.aspx

I gave a reasonable explanation for the missing rex files.

I am sorry to hear that you are having the crashing problems now. In my experience, that is not something Dimension has a reputation for.

If you are looking for help, some more details might be useful.  Like what preset did you have loaded and what version of DAW were you running? 

DAW: CbB; Sonar Platinum, and others ... 
    Viamichael
    Max Output Level: -87 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 174
    Re: Dimension Pro Does My Head In 2018/11/22 01:27:21 (permalink)
    Abacab, DimPro is giving me major headaches that I can’t quite pin down. I used to be able to play a long midi clip and rifle through different sounds without any issues. I can’t seem to do that anymore. It crashes Cakewalk with that loud, annoying sound.
    EddieLotter
    • Total Posts : 98
    Re: Dimension Pro Does My Head In 2018/11/22 15:14:46 (permalink)
    ViamichaelIt crashes Cakewalk with that loud, annoying sound.

Can you reproduce the problem using a different DAW on the same computer?

Cheers
    Eddie
    pwalpwal
    Max Output Level: -43 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 3249
    Re: Dimension Pro Does My Head In 2018/11/22 16:27:47 (permalink)
    is this the zipper/motorboat sound?

just a sec

abacab
    Max Output Level: -30.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 4464
    Re: Dimension Pro Does My Head In 2018/11/24 21:56:15 (permalink)
    I had never run across this issue before, but after a search I found at least one example of a Dimension Pro 1.5 preset that can crash Cakewalk (and several other DAWs).  This is a necro post from 8 years ago, but apparently still applies.  And the fix works for me too!

Dim Pro 1.5 X64 Users Please Read (Cakewalk Too...)
    http://forum.cakewalk.com/FindPost/2075408

The buggy preset is in the factory bank 08-Guitars, "Almost Together".
    The setting parameters for the fix to this particular problem are in the Dim Pro MIDI Matrix, "Random Unipolar Depth".

The curious thing is that Dim Pro running this stock preset crashes every DAW on my PC, EXCEPT for Studio One Pro.
    That list includes Cakewalk CbB, Ableton Live 10, and Reaper.

One thing I know about PreSonus Studio One is that it does not use MIDI internally.  Just speculating here but since this is a MIDI Matrix parameter in the plugin causing issues, perhaps the PreSonus code is immune to this particular bug?  I don't know for certain, but it is an interesting observation.

And as far as drum grooves in Dim Pro goes, there may be issues with some of those REX files, but I have removed them all from my PC since I never used them.  

Another related thread here:

Vst sounds (dimension pro) crashing/freezing Sonar x2!!!!
    http://forum.cakewalk.com...Sonar-x2-m2727962.aspx

DAW: CbB; Sonar Platinum, and others ... 
    bluearrows
    • Total Posts : 70
    Re: Dimension Pro Does My Head In 2018/11/29 20:41:05 (permalink)
    Thats the sound,I have changed nothing on my system and its just doing it all the time
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1