Helpful ReplySonar for Mac OSX

Page: < 123 Showing page 3 of 3
Author
letyourlightshine
Max Output Level: -88 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 110
Re: Sonar for Mac OSX 2015/10/28 21:19:59 (permalink)
kevinwal
As a very long time developer with experience on many, many OS's I find it difficult to understand the animosity toward Windows, and why one would prefer one enormously wealthy corporate behemoth over another. The guy who said choose your marketing was dead on.

That said, Windows is a highly capable system and Sonar leverages its services beautifully. Further, MS is busily reengineering the audio stack to provide even higher levels of flexibility and performance as we speak, and I look forward to someday soon running a fully featured Sonar on my Windows phone.

Well, gotta go, I lost the keys to my hovercar.

I agree,I never understood the animosity either.
doncobb
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 31
Re: Sonar for Mac OSX 2017/11/15 15:18:23 (permalink)
I have it. It's call the Cakewalk Sonar Mac Prototype. I had Sonar for Mac a couple years ago but they must have taken it down. But this Mac Prototype is new and it's designed to respond just like the Windows version. I'll let you know if I like it.
AT
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 10654
Re: Sonar for Mac OSX 2017/11/15 16:42:10 (permalink)
Screw Mac.  I want SONAR (lite) on IOS and my new ipad since I haven't been on my old one for years - thanks honey.  Gargageband is pretty cool and looking to put maschine on.  Perfect playground for Cakewalk since it is so touch oriented and what they learn could be ported back to SONAR.  Sonar lite or Momentum 2.

@

https://soundcloud.com/a-pleasure-dome
http://www.bnoir-film.com/  

there came forth little children out of the city, and mocked him, and said unto him, Go up, thou bald head; go up, thou bald head.
24 And he turned back, and looked on them, and cursed them in the name of the Lord. And there came forth two she bears out of the wood, and tare forty and two children of them.
Paradox music
  • Total Posts : 2
Re: Sonar for Mac OSX 2017/12/28 09:36:35 (permalink)
<br class="Apple-interchange-newline"><div id="inner-editor"></div>

202/5000

Greetings. I want to go from Windows to Mac. I have the official Sonar X3 Producer license. Will I install this on iMac? Or is there some software somewhere that would help? Thanks for the types and tips.
tlw
Max Output Level: -49.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2567
Re: Sonar for Mac OSX 2017/12/28 20:29:51 (permalink)
Sonar Producer is Windows only.

The only version of Sonar that can run on a Mac is a severely cut-down and basic version that is really at best an alpha or early beta version of a product that was advertised but never developed beyond that. If you can even find it to download.

Forget Sonar on a Mac, unless you install Windows on the Mac using Boot Camp. The various virtual systems like Parallels aren’t fast enough to run SOnar or any other Windows DAW without a great deal of latency (at best).

My advice is on a Mac, try Logic Pro. It’s inexpensive as DAWs go and pretty powerful.

Sonar Platinum 64bit, Windows 8.1 Pro 64bit, I7 3770K Ivybridge, 16GB Ram, Gigabyte Z77-D3H m/board,
ATI 7750 graphics+ 1GB RAM, 2xIntel 520 series 220GB SSDs, 1 TB Samsung F3 + 1 TB WD HDDs, Seasonic fanless 460W psu, RME Fireface UFX, Focusrite Octopre.
Assorted real synths, guitars, mandolins, diatonic accordions, percussion, fx and other stuff.
outland144k
Max Output Level: -72 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 934
Re: RE: Sonar for Mac OSX 2017/12/28 20:39:19 (permalink)
tenfoot

Since windows 7, a well tuned windows machine is every bit as stable as a mac. Bang for buck there is no contest.

I wonder as well what the effect of the new AMD Ryzen Threadripper chip will be. Will Macs be able to run these as well?

“Beer is proof God loves us and wants us to be happy” is attributed to Benjamin Franklin perhaps in error, but the thought remains a worthy sentiment nonetheless.

Paradox music
  • Total Posts : 2
Re: RE: Sonar for Mac OSX 2017/12/28 20:43:30 (permalink)
Thanks a lot for the answer. I still do not have Mac. I only think about his dick. All of the music Sw, sound card and other official stuff that I have on both Win and Mac. Only Sonar is for Win. And so my other PC will be back with Win. Because Sonar will not give up. I have been working with him for many years, I understand his logic and I really like this Sw. I have the Sonar X3 Producer and Mac as well, so I do not want Sonar to get rid of Sonar. Thanks a lot for the explanation.
Page: < 123 Showing page 3 of 3
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1