Helpful ReplyLockedHave Tried to Be Patient...

Page: << < ..6 Showing page 6 of 6
Author
Roflcopter
Max Output Level: -7.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 6767
RE: Have Tried to Be Patient... 2008/03/26 13:24:34 (permalink)
I'm sorry, I have those eyesores blocked. And my name is not in the small print, either, but right up front.

I'm a perfectionist, and perfect is a skinned knee.
SteveJL
Max Output Level: -29 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 4644
RE: Have Tried to Be Patient... 2008/03/26 13:29:43 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: SongCraft

ORIGINAL: Desperate Dan

Did ya know a lot of sites where people congregate (such as Forums and Chatrooms) are being visited by the police (either on duty or off-duty), I'm not saying they're visiting this site, but ya never know. Besides, there are some police officers that uses SONAR too :joke icon:

What planet do you live on where the Cops have the time or even the inclination to watch what a bunch of Musicians ramble on about in a Forum. Your apparent Intimate Knowledge and authority of all things legal seems to be endless, and frankly more than mildly amusing. I Suppose you're going to get the CIA,FBI,NSA on to me now. I think Australia was probably relieved to see you go.

Whatever! That's just your opinion, and I find your comments offensive towards me yet I did nothing to provoke you, I posted my comment in general, not aimed at anyone here. Chill out man, you tend to dramatize by taking comments out of context.

You came into this thread as if you're Mr.Know it all, but sadly you're mistaken. My post was in regards to the TOS and in the TOS is mention about the law, and for that I get your rant reply.

Desperate Dan, you don't believe that some police officers use SONAR?

End Reply.

My next post is in general regarding the following news excerpt. . . .

Excerpt News Article:

Second Mo. city passes law making Internet harassment a crime
Nov 27, 2007 - 11:10:42 CST
FLORISSANT, Mo. (AP) — More than a year after an eastern Missouri teenager killed herself because of mean messages she received over the Internet, a second St. Louis-area community has passed a law making online harassment a crime.

In regards to this news, anyone still feel like having a chuckle, a laugh? then go ahead and laugh because I'm NOT laughing!! Internet harassment does indeed occur and is problem that should be taken seriously. That particular inccident involved MySpace where the harassment occurred and as a result a young girl died (suicide).

Harassment - Meaning according to the dictionary:
> To disturb persistently; torment, as with troubles or cares; bother continually - Bother: to tease, to irritate, persistent interference with one's comfort or peace of mind.

[Reference: Dictionary.com]

The sad reality is, it's all too easy for cowards who think they're safe n hidden behind their computers can deliberately commit online offenses such as harassment and then laugh about it. They're only making themselves look pathetic because basically they're getting enjoyment out of causing trouble, by causing disruptions on a site. IMO if harassment was to occur here on this site that would be like disrespecting CW TOS, basically trashing CW site (forum)

Fact is, everybody leaves a footprint online such as 'IP number' which is basically a person's Internet ID number containing location, Internet service provider including other details auto-logged on the ISP database making it easy to trace a person.

If someone is being continually bothered after already given notice to the other person to 'not have any further contact with them' then yes it may be considered 'harassment', one of the reasons why sites such as this has a block and report feature is to help prevent issues such as this but sadly there will be abusive users who enjoy getting their cheap thrills.

The following is according to police advise given to me in regards to 'another site' where content (topics/comments) had been removed, a phone call, content sighted, it was confirmed that a group of people had violated my rights and also in regards to slanderous comments, ((I'm explaining an incident about another site (forum), far worse incidents than what I've seen occur here on this site)). What surprised me was, I had just earlier contacted the site's webhost explaining my intentions and before the court order was issued action was already taken. A very quick response and I was dealing with people in another country (UK), yet the site was hosted in the USA. That site, that group of people did not get sued, that was not my intention at all.

The point is, if people violate the law on the Internet then of course there is the right way of resolving the issue without having to sue anyone but of course it depends on the case. Often a lot of cases can be settled out of court. In fact, just recently (last Wed) another incident where I attended court 7:30.am in regards to false claims involving a financial dispute but they failed miserably because I had the necessary documents to squash that case to smithereens, I had to sit in that courtroom for what seemed like forever, one hour later I found out the case had been dismissed just the day before, too short a notice for me to get that letter 'Motion and Order for Dismissal' but I walked out of that court room with a big grin LOL!!

Dude, are you like, 10 years old? You keep waving the words harrassment, stalking, TOS, Police, crime, Law Enforcement like some little kid. YOU ARE NOT BEING STALKED OR HARRASSED, JUST ADDRESSED FOR YOUR OWN WORDS AND ACTIONS. I would love to be a "fly-on-the-wall" during the conversation you might have with the FBI trying to explain your victimity ("But he called me whiny.", "I'm sorry, there's nothing we can do. Maybe stop going there." "But they're picking on me." "I'm sorry, there's nothing we can do."..............)

Grow up dude, and try to lighten up. yeah, I know you've blocked me, but maybe it's still "broken". I've watched you the past few days move from sad, to alarming, to amusing, to interesting, and now approaching hilarious.

Oh, well, if this is how you get your kicks, that's your burden to bear. You could always try to fit in here, but it won't work so well with your whiny attitude you keep leaning on.

SteveJL
RE: Have Tried to Be Patient... 2008/03/26 13:34:41 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: jinga8

Please be kind,_________

I tried, I really, really did.

ROBBY: I need a cup of Serenity Now! pleeeeeeeeze?

Black Pug Studios
Max Output Level: -83 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 396
RE: Have Tried to Be Patient... 2008/03/26 13:41:24 (permalink)
I'm on board with the fact that sueing someone abroad would be difficult, but....... any advanced logging software located at the point of the Internet will show you that the DOD regularly scans IP addresses all the time. Many of you don't realize that you are being scanned, as we speak, by 10 different Chinese networks. Don't believe, for a minute, that "real" threatening behaviour is not heard by the DOD! I garantee that if you started acting like a terrorist here, you WOULD be scanned by the DOD!
Roflcopter
Max Output Level: -7.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 6767
RE: Have Tried to Be Patient... 2008/03/26 13:45:58 (permalink)
I tried, I really, really did.

You forgot!

http://www.quotedb.com/quotes/42

I'm a perfectionist, and perfect is a skinned knee.
SteveJL
RE: Have Tried to Be Patient... 2008/03/26 13:49:39 (permalink)
I believe you. But we, just as any grade-school teacher would, know how to differentiate between a real threat and some little kid who just doesn't fit in well and keeps coming complaining. And I have seen Internet threatening (even right on this site a couple years back) but never seen any legal action ensue, things just settled themselves down. This here is nothing.

Black Pug Studios
Max Output Level: -83 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 396
RE: Have Tried to Be Patient... 2008/03/26 14:04:16 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: SteveJL

I believe you. But we, just as any grade-school teacher would, know how to differentiate between a real threat and some little kid who just doesn't fit in well and keeps coming complaining. And I have seen Internet threatening (even right on this site a couple years back) but never seen any legal action ensue, things just settled themselves down. This here is nothing.

Agreed. That is why I said "real" threat. I was trying to find a happy medium for everyone.
dappa1
Max Output Level: -46 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2949
RE: Have Tried to Be Patient... 2008/03/26 14:08:58 (permalink)
Ohhhhhhhh! Why is everyone so sensitive. Have your women made you a bunch of newmen. I agree there are alot or Mr Know it alls but most are just Miss-Taken!!! (equivalent to a swear word \i think)
Tom F
Max Output Level: -48 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2749
RE: Have Tried to Be Patient... 2008/03/26 14:45:32 (permalink)
well - if after sad - mega sad - utrasad - and 11thdimensional microtube sadness comes funny - then i am sure this is hilarious right now - not any single guy - but us all (me inluded) ...ahhh...gotta flee - sweard in front of me computer --- the cia ...they are coming.....they ...--...--...
jinga8
Max Output Level: -17 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 5817
RE: Have Tried to Be Patient... 2008/03/26 15:46:02 (permalink)
Courage comes in two forms. Please fill them out in triplicate and fax them to the home office. We'll be in touch.
Barrel
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 21
RE: Have Tried to Be Patient... 2008/03/26 16:09:11 (permalink)
See this papa?

See what you've started?
Brandon Ryan [Roland]
Max Output Level: -40.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3458
RE: Have Tried to Be Patient... 2008/03/26 16:23:51 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby bapu 2017/12/05 02:04:22
And on that note I think this thread has run its course.
Page: << < ..6 Showing page 6 of 6
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1