Helpful ReplyHey Guys, It's Been Great But I'm Moving On

Page: << < ..678910.. > >> Showing page 6 of 11
Author
bapu
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 86000
Re: Hey Guys, It's Been Great But I'm Moving On 2017/10/18 18:35:04 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby tlw 2017/10/18 19:44:39
Anderton
bapu
~groans~

Yet another "goodbye thread".

Will they NEVER end?

But it's a bogus "goodbye thread." To quality as a goodbye thread that meets the appropriate specifications, I need to say that I"m switching to Reaper...and I'm not 

Studio One Pro?
bapu
Re: Hey Guys, It's Been Great But I'm Moving On 2017/10/18 18:36:41 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby SF_Green 2017/10/18 19:39:59
Craig,

I hope life brings you more of what you need rather than more of what you want.
telecharge
Max Output Level: -67 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1180
Re: Hey Guys, It's Been Great But I'm Moving On 2017/10/18 18:41:36 (permalink)
chuckebaby
Hopefully this isn't a glimpse in to the future of what is to become of Gibson (and Cakewalk for that matter).
I don't really want to ask any questions right now because I have too much respect for Mr. Anderton and it would be unfair for any of us to ask him to explain the reasons behind what is going on at Gibson or Cakewalk. 

I thought about posting this weeks ago, but didn't want to cause a ruckus. I remember there was a thread about the Moody's downgrade.

A Big Shakeup At Gibson Could Be Coming Soon
http://bobbyowsinskiblog.com/2017/08/31/gibson-shakeup

Thedoccal
Max Output Level: -85 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 290
Re: Hey Guys, It's Been Great But I'm Moving On 2017/10/18 19:03:52 (permalink)
Been a big fan of yours since 1983 and that will continue.  Onward and upward!  Thanks for the Tips of The Week Series.  Utter genius.

http://www.catastrophelounge.com
The NeckDive Strap - NEW^^
Sonar: Platinum Lifetime/Computer: i7-870, 16GB RAM, AMD R9 380 graphics, Windows 10 (Pro x64)/500gb SSD C:, Barracuda sample(3T) and projects(1T) drives/3 Display Monitors (2&3 split)/Audio Interface: Behringer UFX1604 USB/Firewire/USB Stick/MIDI: Roland A-800Pro, Keystation Pro 88, Roland UM-3G:/Hardware Synths: Korg M3, Yamaha MOX6, Roland TD-8
Sir Les
  • Total Posts : 1182
Re: Hey Guys, It's Been Great But I'm Moving On 2017/10/18 19:05:15 (permalink)
Anderton
bapu
~groans~

Will they NEVER end?

But it's a bogus "goodbye thread." To quality as a goodbye thread that meets the appropriate specifications, I need to say that I"m switching to Reaper...and I'm not 

Come on Mr Anderton...What works to make a recording, and if it be good or better than good....Does it matter the means to getting done?.

Use what has to be used to get it done right...Good or better...to perfect...No need to bash the cheaper , or free one...I never used, but could....But to bash that which is being used, and paid highly for, and most of the bugs are being put into by the OS..mostly changing things, to screw up the workings there in...To make hidden other things....Might be a parting of the waves bashing the shore lunch, with open fire and some baskets of fish and loaves of bread....With a Truth sayer!.....

But We know you be safe and in good mind, and in good heart....What you do, is the best you can do...to make it good or better...Is the way you already have in you, and so many say you have helped them, and some helped you see with open eyes.......share it as you may the good gifts of being good at solving and helping it be better where ever you go....Solutions need problem solvers...We all read your words of helping hands, and helping it get better round the camp fire here for some notable works done......Keep singing, signing ,and sounding in Word and in muse....Good is done, more to learn is next in the next page turned!...The adventure making helpers, solve for unknowns.....Is the best thing world makes...when they are born ready, do they not be said Fly?.....Are they not sought out?.....lol!.

Cheers...One thing I learnt here....Is the Giving help, and the receiving of it..most freely done by many!......Mostly the best part of the Cake, is in pudding!.....lol

I hope the flies be taken out, and raisins start being mixed in soon?

Well, we got other paths to take..that come to the same place....Music....Some used tape before cake!..some used paper to scribe, and some put it on stone!

1. Intel 5960x 3.5mhz , ASUS x99 deluxe u3.1, Asus Thunderbolt ex II,   G skills f4 3000 Memory 32GB , ADATA ssd 250GB Main Drive, Lots of WD Red 7200 Mechanical Drives with Black Drives, 14x multi optical Drive, LG Multi Blu Drive,  2X Extern WD Mybooks usb 3.0, AMD r7 270 video card, Motu 828x TB , Motu Midi XT.
2.  USING MAC PRO, as win 10 has damaged 2 x99 systems 8.1 is also to blame for the final burnout trying to roll back!

3.  Something Wonderful: https://1drv.ms/f/s!AlHkRy9cXBbYpQNvVBCt8r7fQ5PS
subtlearts
Max Output Level: -53.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2200
Re: Hey Guys, It's Been Great But I'm Moving On 2017/10/18 19:10:08 (permalink)
uhh... where did Craig bash another program? I didn't see that... I think you managed to create that out of thin air. impressive. 

tobias tinker 
music is easy: just start with complete silence, and take away the parts you don't like!
tobiastinker.com
aeosrecords.com
soundfascination.com
Sonar Platinum, a bunch of other stuff...
BlixYZ
Max Output Level: -74 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 805
Re: Hey Guys, It's Been Great But I'm Moving On 2017/10/18 19:11:23 (permalink)
Thanks for everything!   You have been a wise voice in this forum.  Your patience seems endless!
Best of luck in all that lies ahead!!!

James W
BlixYZ Recording Studio
BlixYZ Records

Audient ASP800 thru Focusrite Saffire Pro 40
Mackie Control Universal + C4
Yamaha HS50's plus Matching Sub, Tannoy 501a
Blue Baby Bottle, AT 4050, Neumann TLM 103, etc.
UA 610, Focusrite/ART/Neve 2CH.
Windows 10
Grem
Max Output Level: -19.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 5562
Re: Hey Guys, It's Been Great But I'm Moving On 2017/10/18 19:15:45 (permalink)
Craig, will there be an update to the Tool Tip mag you put out a while back to include the tips since it was published?

I know I would pay for an update.

(Think future income here!)

: )
post edited by Grem - 2017/10/18 19:48:34

Grem

Michael

Music PC
i7 2600K; 64gb Ram; 3 256gb SSD, System, Samples, Audio; 1TB & 2TB Project Storage; 2TB system BkUp; RME FireFace 400; Win 10 Pro 64; CWbBL 64, 
Home PC
AMD FX 6300; 8gb Ram; 256 SSD sys; 2TB audio/samples; Realtek WASAPI; Win 10 Home 64; CWbBL 64 
Surface Pro 3
Win 10  i7 8gb RAM; CWbBL 64
Sir Les
Re: Hey Guys, It's Been Great But I'm Moving On 2017/10/18 19:19:48 (permalink)
subtlearts
uhh... where did Craig bash another program? I didn't see that... I think you managed to create that out of thin air. impressive. 

I will not use...is leading to ...what?...what if nothing else is available?....Does he or she who listen and follows the helper be also...lead to say, or lead astray from(words not said but, saying it is not good enough for me or you or them?).....or it has a way to making music any hoot....is to mention....not to use it?..or will not use it?....Might lead to a bash...in terms of word uttered, or not to ponder into something being said as it is not good enough?.... some do use it, with all the others...and then some others are using, if so need some features of another, one does not have in one or the other...and they get things done or not....is the telling tale of The pudding....So, I bash the OS...And I think I am good enough in that being so true....But, I know bugs are in Cakewalks product....Because they have to fix the program ....for life!

But I cannot use because it crashes too much....Well...Balance be a way...use what works best!...And I know Mr Anderton already has that best part in his own soul!...it is not in the machine .....Right it however you want....He is  good one of many, and touched us all!....perhaps this leads to new learnings, new horizons, new levels of...and life goes one...in hopes it gets even better with his hands and mind and his heart showing...He is A HELPER,,,..is more than any program or machine!

That is the best part of the pudding you refuse to acknowledge in your own self?....memory is in the head, and spirit so says the Lord...not the machine, for it is not alive!....Be well in that, and do good with it all....that progress!
post edited by Sir Les - 2017/10/18 19:41:17

1. Intel 5960x 3.5mhz , ASUS x99 deluxe u3.1, Asus Thunderbolt ex II,   G skills f4 3000 Memory 32GB , ADATA ssd 250GB Main Drive, Lots of WD Red 7200 Mechanical Drives with Black Drives, 14x multi optical Drive, LG Multi Blu Drive,  2X Extern WD Mybooks usb 3.0, AMD r7 270 video card, Motu 828x TB , Motu Midi XT.
2.  USING MAC PRO, as win 10 has damaged 2 x99 systems 8.1 is also to blame for the final burnout trying to roll back!

auto_da_fe
Max Output Level: -56.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1866
Re: Hey Guys, It's Been Great But I'm Moving On 2017/10/18 19:20:21 (permalink)
Thanks Mr Anderton !  Best of luck in the future.

HP DV6T - 2670QM, 8 GB RAM,
Sonar Platypus,  Octa Capture, BFD2 & Jamstix3, Komplete 10 and Komplete Kontrol
Win 10 64 
SLS PS8R Monitors and KRK Ergo
https://soundcloud.com/airportface
bapu
Re: Hey Guys, It's Been Great But I'm Moving On 2017/10/18 19:32:26 (permalink)
Sir Les
Anderton
bapu
~groans~

Will they NEVER end?

Come on Mr Anderton...What works to make a recording, and if it be good or better than good....Does it matter the means to getting done?.

Use what has to be used to get it done right...Good or better...to perfect...No need to bash the cheaper , or free one...I never used, but could....But to bash that which is being used, and paid highly for, and most of the bugs are being put into by the OS..mostly changing things, to screw up the workings there in...To make hidden other things....Might be a parting of the waves bashing the shore lunch, with open fire and some baskets of fish and loaves of bread....With a Truth sayer!.....

But We know you be safe and in good mind, and in good heart....What you do, is the best you can do...to make it good or better...Is the way you already have in you, and so many say you have helped them, and some helped you see with open eyes.......share it as you may the good gifts of being good at solving and helping it be better where ever you go....Solutions need problem solvers...We all read your words of helping hands, and helping it get better round the camp fire here for some notable works done......Keep singing, signing ,and sounding in Word and in muse....Good is done, more to learn is next in the next page turned!...The adventure making helpers, solve for unknowns.....Is the best thing world makes...when they are born ready, do they not be said Fly?.....Are they not sought out?.....lol!.

Cheers...One thing I learnt here....Is the Giving help, and the receiving of it..most freely done by many!......Mostly the best part of the Cake, is in pudding!.....lol

I hope the flies be taken out, and raisins start being mixed in soon?

Well, we got other paths to take..that come to the same place....Music....Some used tape before cake!..some used paper to scribe, and some put it on stone!

Les, you apparently do not get "American English Sarcasm".

Both Craig and I were jesting.
shawn@trustmedia.tv
Max Output Level: -54 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2136
Re: Hey Guys, It's Been Great But I'm Moving On 2017/10/18 19:35:24 (permalink)
good luck! -s

Studio SONAR X3. Axiom 25 midi controller, DUNE 2, Producer Content, Good Times, Bandlab Mojo

dubdisciple
Max Output Level: -17 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 5849
Re: Hey Guys, It's Been Great But I'm Moving On 2017/10/18 19:40:39 (permalink)
For starters, thank you. I have learned so much from your generous sharing of knowledge.
Sir Les
Re: Hey Guys, It's Been Great But I'm Moving On 2017/10/18 20:05:17 (permalink)

Sorry , I've been bullied, bantered, and abused too much in my growing groaning ways to this place of good cheer!...

TO become the Ogre you see before you....say, I know...before you do...I saw...and if it is not as said is supposed to be,  is...then it is not "American English Sarcasm"....jousting, or jesting?....I ponder the word.

But, the truth is still with the ones who help many for nothing but the Joy it brings when it does work out well, or they find a path that works out well enough to get the job done....Does it matter if the go, or come, or try?...if they are made to cry out fraud?...and nothing is mended...What spirit is created by that doing it to cause only to glean off of the Error, more so more cost to fix it be pushed, in three directions?

Your "American English Sarcasm".....Is not Celted in me...nor does it twine my mind to ponder it out as so, to tie a tongue or a tune to twittle a little scroll out of it....the title of the OP...saying...misleadings?

I got snarkazum also directed....Much better put to butter the uttering of a truth....No lies please it confuse the Batch of Binary!

But they do try to put it into the base code....What I hate...You know me Bapu...I do not like to mixing...good to bad, and bad to good.....it's just me?..lies and liars...is just the start of ill will coming!

Cheers was put while drinking from the cup...He put before me!

I hope he does good where ever he is...and she also , is doing good ....and in that....I find peace is something worth the ride on the horse!...a good tune is always in the ones who sing and sow ...good into with truths...gets good out of.

That tune is soon to be...again honourable truths be uttered always in a days works, and in the coming in of life, and the passing away to sleep.....The days are made of Truths be told!

And English is a bastard language anyway!...And I jousted also some to address me....look...lol!....ah the Ogre still got some issues....But I found my bed of roses...for now.

I being already gone...but come back to visit my good folks of helpers.....Jesting or Jousting?....what I said, is for them all.

Cheers!

mastersd
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 21
Re: Hey Guys, It's Been Great But I'm Moving On 2017/10/18 20:07:12 (permalink)
Good luck and thank you so much for all that you have done.

~ D
brconflict
Max Output Level: -56.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1891
Re: Hey Guys, It's Been Great But I'm Moving On 2017/10/18 20:29:04 (permalink)
I work just a couple of miles from Gibson Headquarters (downtown Nashville). Here, we regard Gibson as a long-standing icon of Nashville's company "skyline". It's hard to think a monolith like that will ever go away. But I also know they haven't always made the best choices, and I've personally criticized them. They take chances, like everyone else. One thing they didn't make a mistake with was hiring Craig, and keeping him there as long as they have.

Craig, I do hope they realize that you've been there for them as a patriot to their campaigns and their strategies, maintaining an optimistic, but realistic point of view. Even if you're not there, I hope they will continue to regard you as valuable as the brand. Onward and upwards, and the greatest luck to you. Cheers, Craig!! You will be missed! And you will never be unwelcome here!

Brian

Sonar Platinum, Steinberg Wavelab Pro 9, MOTU 24CoreIO w/ low-slew OP-AMP mods and BLA external clock, True P8, Audient ASP008, API 512c, Chandler Germ500, Summit 2ba-221, GAP Pre-73, Peluso 22251, Peluso 2247LE, Mackie HR824, Polk Audio SRS-SDA 2.3tl w/upgraded Soniccraft crossovers and Goertz cables, powered by Pass-X350. All wiring Star-Quad XLR or Monster Cable. Power by Monster Power Signature AVS2000 voltage stabilizer and Signature Pro Power 5100 PowerCenter on a 20A isolation shielded circuit.
jpetersen
Max Output Level: -61 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1499
Re: Hey Guys, It's Been Great But I'm Moving On 2017/10/18 20:40:17 (permalink)
Ouch.
dwardzala
Max Output Level: -61 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1470
Re: Hey Guys, It's Been Great But I'm Moving On 2017/10/18 20:45:23 (permalink)
Craig,
Thanks for all your contributions.  I am looking forward to the long awaited video of "How to Make Your Vocals Sound Twice (4 times?) as Good."  The two live editions at Gearfest were great.

I hope you able to continue to contribute at Gearfest.  I look forward to your seminars every year.

Dave
Main Studio- Core i5 @2.67GHz, 16Gb Ram, (2) 500Gb HDs, (1) 360 Gb HD
MotU Ultralite AVB, Axiom 49 Midi Controller, Akai MPD18 Midi Controller
Win10 x64 Home
Sonar 2017.06 Platinum (and X3e, X2c, X1d)

Mobile Studio - Sager NP8677 (i7-6700HQ @2.67MHz, 16G Ram, 250G SSD, 1T HD)
M-Box Mini v. 2
Win 10 x64 Home
Sonar 2016.10 Platinum

Check out my original music:
https://soundcloud.com/d-wardzala/sets/d-wardzala-original-music

Jeff M.
Max Output Level: -80 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 541
Re: Hey Guys, It's Been Great But I'm Moving On 2017/10/18 21:00:08 (permalink)
Thanks for all your contributions here and good luck in your future endeavors.
I'm sure I'll be checking them out!

Platinum 64
RME UCX | Studio Cat Platinum: i7 2700k @ 4.5Ghz | 16Gb DDR3 | Win 7 64
Komplete Kontrol S61
Gibson, Jackson, Parker, Suhr, Breedlove, Taylor, Lakland, Peavey, Marshall, Kemper
learsfool
  • Total Posts : 14
Re: Hey Guys, It's Been Great But I'm Moving On 2017/10/18 21:04:50 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby Thedoccal 2017/10/18 22:05:40
Resignation NOT accepted!
Jimbo21
Max Output Level: -77 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 696
Re: Hey Guys, It's Been Great But I'm Moving On 2017/10/18 21:39:19 (permalink)
Well, not goodbye, but I will say I'm sorry for me. I loved your weekly tips as well as your presence here on the forum. i still hope you chime in occasionally here. All the best to you in the future dude!

Dell XPS 8700 i7 4770 3.4GHZ, Windows 7 64bit, 8gb Ram, Focurite 18i6, Sonar Platinum

https://soundcloud.com/jimmy-james-and-the-blue
Studioguy1
Max Output Level: -86 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 244
Re: Hey Guys, It's Been Great But I'm Moving On 2017/10/18 21:56:33 (permalink)
Oh crap!  Alright Craig, wish you luck in anything you pursue.  Appreciated your kindnesses and the thoughts that went into your many posts.  You were appreciated a great deal by those of us who said little, but read a lot.  Thank you for affording us that. 

Current happy user of Cakewalk by BandLab;
Former Sonar Platinum lifetime plan;
Okie Duke, The Duke Of The Lehigh Valley
Sound Syndicate Studios-Recording and Production
HP Pavilion dv7 Notebook PC 8 Gb ram
Windows 7 Premium (x64) Service Pack 1
 2.20 gigahertz Intel Core i7-2670QM
Hitachi [Hard drive] (750.16 GB)
- 2 Tb external Drive - U-Phoria UMC204HD usb - Triton Keyboard - and much more.
Blue Clown Records Ltd
Blue Clown Publishing BMI
Okie Duke Promotions Ltd
Glyn Barnes
Max Output Level: -0.3 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 7564
Re: Hey Guys, It's Been Great But I'm Moving On 2017/10/18 21:59:52 (permalink)
Wow, I haven't read the whole thread but I would like to thank Craig for his input here and wish him success in whatever he does next.

I really hope we see him continue to contribute to these forums occasionally as a regular member.

Intel i7 3770K @4.4GHz, 32GB RAM, 240GB SSD System disk, 2 x 2TB and 1 x 1TB (with SSD Cache) HDD. Windows 10,  Sonar Platinum. Roland Quad Capture. 
Music - Switchwater on Soundclick
Music - Goldry Bluszco on Soundcloud
Leadfoot
Max Output Level: -47 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2817
Re: Hey Guys, It's Been Great But I'm Moving On 2017/10/18 23:38:46 (permalink)
You're going to be greatly missed, Craig. The mixes of ALL of us have improved thanks to you. I hope it makes you feel good to know the impact you've had on us. I'm very grateful to have had you on this forum. Best of luck to you sir, we are all behind you 100%!
Eddy Yates
Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 55
Re: Hey Guys, It's Been Great But I'm Moving On 2017/10/19 00:37:26 (permalink)
Thanks a million for everything, Craig. Your grace, your helpfulness, and your knowledge. Let us know what transpires!
All the best,
Phil

Sonar Platinum, Windows 7, Intel Core i7 4.0 Ghz, 16G RAM, RME Hammerfall DSP , MOTU MTPAV, Frontier Tranzport, Mackie Control, midiman DigiPatch,UAD-2 Duo,Sony Soundforge, Receptor. Yamaha S6. Kurzweil PC3K8. Favorite plugins: Atmosphere, Stylus, Real Guitar, Malmsjo Grand Piano, PSP Warmer, UA, EastWest Composer Cloud.
Anderton
  • Total Posts : 14070
Re: Hey Guys, It's Been Great But I'm Moving On 2017/10/19 00:38:46 (permalink)
Grem
Craig, will there be an update to the Tool Tip mag you put out a while back to include the tips since it was published?

I know I would pay for an update.

(Think future income here!)

: )

You can get a free update with all the recent tips in the Tip of the Week thread, Fret_Man compiled them and put them in Dropbox.

Since this is a long thread and posts can get lost in the shuffle, let me remind y'all of the three main ways to find me:

craiganderton.com
youtube.com/thecraiganderton (new video, SONAR vs. Ozone 8, going up soon)
Craig Anderton's Sound, Studio, and Stage forum

The first 3 books in "The Musician's Guide to Home Recording" series are available from Hal Leonard and http://www.reverb.com. Listen to my music on http://www.YouTube.com/thecraiganderton, and visit http://www.craiganderton.com. Thanks!
Uncledavidyo
  • Total Posts : 8
Re: Hey Guys, It's Been Great But I'm Moving On 2017/10/19 00:44:05 (permalink)
Learned a lot from you Craig, hate to see you go, and thank you so much for all you have done for Sonar.
Maarkr
Max Output Level: -81 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 488
Re: Hey Guys, It's Been Great But I'm Moving On 2017/10/19 01:05:11 (permalink)
I guess I'm at the back of the bus... everything I'd like to say has been said,  
but you've been an invaluable source of information and techniques for me and have actually answered some of my obtuse posts.  Cheers to your future.  The good news is that this goodbye is not posthumous.

Maarkr
Studio: SPALT Lifetime/BL Cakewalk, Studio One 3.5, UAD, Z3ta+2, IKM, NI, Waves, iZotope, Melda, Reaper
i7 3770/Giga Z77 mobo, Win10 Pro-64 w16Gb, MOTU Ultralite MK4, Yamaha HS80M wSub, Live: PX-5S, FA-06, Roland Lucina, Epi Les Paul, Ibanez Bass, Amps, e-drums, Zoom R-16...
Latest album release, NEW! Counry Classic at http://genemaarkr.bandcamp.com/
filtersweep
Max Output Level: -87 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 194
Re: Hey Guys, It's Been Great But I'm Moving On 2017/10/19 01:57:50 (permalink)
Thanks so much for the huge contribution you have  made to this forum. As a much younger man I wrote a blistering email to Steve Case when AOL eliminated the content that you provided on that site. As far as Gibson goes, I suspect you are too honest, as evidenced with your often very favorable opinions of competing products on this site,  to be a true company man and being free of corporate bosses is probably best for a true educator such as you. I used to spend a lot of browsing time on HC and look forward venturing back tbere.

Brian

Sonar Platinum (lifetime). Kurzweil PC3X. Native Intruments S61. Native Instruments Maschine Micro Mk2, Roland OctaCapture. JBL 4328 monitors and 4312 sub. Windows 10. Intel 6700X, 32 gB RAM,  3 Crucial SSD (250/500/500). Komplete 10, Ample Sound SG, AAS Lounge Lizard/Strum/Strings/Chromo/UltraAnalog/Tass, Addictive Drums 2, a few others.
splinetime
  • Total Posts : 31
Re: Hey Guys, It's Been Great But I'm Moving On 2017/10/19 02:41:59 (permalink)
Thank You!  Thank You!! Thank You !!! Happy trails (using custom IR files) and reverberations into the ether of the new day upon you.

May your tracks sync, your collaboration, collab.... and the music continue.
You have truly enriched the E music experience for me....

Win 10 Pro 64
Intel Core i7 4770K 3.50GHz
32.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3
ASRock Z87 Extreme4
4095MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080
Focusrite Scarlett 18i20
Page: << < ..678910.. > >> Showing page 6 of 11
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1