Helpful ReplyLockedI want an X2b - NOT X3 for MORE money!!

Page: << < ..67 Showing page 7 of 7
Author
Ryan Munnis [Cakewalk]
Administrator
  • Total Posts : 1067
Re: I want an X2b - NOT X3 for MORE money!! 2013/09/29 12:41:21 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby joel77 2013/09/29 12:46:37
MelodicJimmy
Ryan Munnis [Cakewalk]

You're grossly underestimating how much development work went into ARA integration, VST3 support, the Comping updates, etc. Our developers were literally working around the clock for months. This isn't a simple patch. It's not X2b. It's a major update and new version of SONAR. I understand the point that has been raised in this thread about wanting X2b, but these features are not as simple as "they should have been an update".

Great..... so, when is the X2b update coming? 

Please don't troll me.

We've spoken at length, countless times, about how demanding updates with no context gets nowhere. A lot of people in this thread aren't even commenting on anything other than wanting a patch with no context of anything. A LOT of people asking for updates are referencing things that aren't bugs. This happens again and again from repeat offenders and, yet again, we have a number of people who do not even want to attempt to have a conversation with support, or with us even here directly. They state wanting updates and then go off to other forums and paraphrase and put things out of context and try to make us look bad.

If you have a concern about something in SONAR X2 you should start your own thread about it so we can determine if it's an issue on your end or with the program. Fellow forum members can help, and if you reach out to Cakewalk, they can too.

Ryan Munnis
Cakewalk
dubdisciple
Max Output Level: -17 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 5849
Re: I want an X2b - NOT X3 for MORE money!! 2013/09/29 12:46:53 (permalink)
No matter how you rephrase whining, it is still just that.  Once it became clear that no X2b is coming, all the "I want X2b" became redundant.  Cakewalk is not any more likely to create an X2b  than Avid is likely to release a 64-bit patch for it's last version that "should have been" 64-bit.  The whine club acts like Cakewalk forced them to by X2 at gunpoint or that they were somehow naive children deceived by the big bad software company.  Sorry you got buyers remorse once your shiny new toy did not excite you as much. X3 is a great product. I'm far from a "fanboi".  I am simply a guy who came to the conclusion that Sonar gives me more for my money than the competition.  If you begged for change during the entirety of the time you spend trying to get a patch that you will likely be whining about again in a few months, you would have the upgrade cost and then some.

joel77
Max Output Level: -81 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 489
Re: I want an X2b - NOT X3 for MORE money!! 2013/09/29 12:50:21 (permalink)
Really people, enough is enough! There's not going to be an update to Sonar X2a. 

Let's move on, shall we?

If you're not interested in X3, than stick with what you have or try another brand.

I'm waiting for the X3 box to arrive. The new enhancements look very intriguing. 

Joel  Glaser
Studio 52     

God Bless America
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sonar x64, Win 7 Pro, Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R, 
Intel i7-930 2.86GHz dual quad core, 12GB Corsair DDL3,
Asus ATI Radion HD 4350, WD 500 GB SATA, 
Dual WD 1TB SATA HDs, ME RayDAT, Alesis HD24XR - A/D-D/A

https://www.facebook.com/...dio-52/811309178917929
www.thebrothersglaser.com
Ryan Munnis [Cakewalk]
Administrator
  • Total Posts : 1067
Re: I want an X2b - NOT X3 for MORE money!! 2013/09/29 12:53:43 (permalink)
Users and Cakewalk alike have all expressed their stance here. Time to move on folks.

Ryan Munnis
Cakewalk
Page: << < ..67 Showing page 7 of 7
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1