It's a "kick" out,,,,,,,

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
jardim do mar
Max Output Level: -66 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1247
RE: It's a "kick" out,,,,,,, 2005/01/28 20:18:48 (permalink)
I think I cheated

oh...really,,DA,,, 'I think",,,,," I cheated",,,,,, is that like,,, ya don't remember ,,,or gee,, "I did that"

didn't you say,,,, you were an accounant,,,,,,,
< Message edited by jardim do mar -- 1/28/2005 8:33:00 PM >

marcella
And Remember,,,,One thing at a Time.....
jardim do mar
RE: It's a "kick" out,,,,,,, 2005/01/29 18:08:05 (permalink)
I guess this 'kick out" needs a kick start,,, ok,,, here ya go ,,,I uploaded a project file,,,, http://www.project5.com/Content/kicksample200512918940.zip

try adjusting the attack,release threshold,, and input gain in the compressor ,,,,(in small amounts),,, see how it affects the sound ,,,, notice the volume changes ,,, or,,, try adjusting the "mix" and 'volume knobs in the ,,,spectral transformer,,,, if ya really ,, into it ,, adjust the glissando ,,,,,

the samples were from the acoustic bank,,, in velocity,,,,,,, listen to the original to ,,,see,,, the difference... kick 36,,,,

then what i'll do ,,is export a one measure pattern of the kick,,,, and now i've created a 'one shot" ,,, (all effects are written to the file) to be used in the ,,,ds-864-or velocity ,,,or any synth that loads .wav files,,,,,you can create many unique samples ,,, this way,,, it's a lot of fun ,,,, working with p5,,,,,
< Message edited by jardim do mar -- 1/29/2005 10:02:56 PM >

marcella
b rock
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 8717
RE: It's a "kick" out,,,,,,, 2005/01/30 11:08:06 (permalink)
Sorry for the delayed response, Marcella, but things have gotten very busy here on ... er, multiple fronts. P5 had difficulty finding the samples. To make it easier for others, I'll point out that the kick and snare are from the Acoustic bank, while the Layered Acoustic bank holds both of the toms. The reverb also failed to load: I'm not sure what you used, but I'll figure it out here shortly.

I like the tom/kick layering. I haven't tweaked the Transformer yet; I tend to lose several hours when I dive into that plugin. I'll report back when I've dissected your offering in a complete manner. Thanks for getting this started. I'll see what I can add to this process when time permits.

Edit: OK, you knew that you were going to get inside my head with this one; there goes the schedule. So far: If you increase the Attack time very slightly [0.01] on the compressor, a bit more snare bleeds through. And if you combine that with reducing the FFT Size to 512 & the Overlap to 128 in the SpecTran, the 23.2 ms. latency helps to eliminate the minimal popping/crackling in the original, at least on my system.

Edit 2: OK, I really do need to get back to work now, but I have a burning question for everyone: When you load a project file from another source (other than your own projects), do your windows snap back to the correct template positioning when you start a new project? Mine will generally return (after being scrambled) by double-clicking on the offending window(s), but it happens enough that I've saved a custom Layout under the View menu to save some time. Is it just me, or does this happen to everyone?
< Message edited by b rock -- 1/30/2005 11:35:48 AM >
jardim do mar
RE: It's a "kick" out,,,,,,, 2005/01/30 11:43:18 (permalink)
OK, you knew that you were going to get inside my head with this one;

thanks for adding the details,,,, "B",,,
my intentions were to show ,,,,with these "effects" how "subtle tweaks" can alter a sound ,,,and groove,,,(dramaticlly),,,,, adjusting the "release" also , has a noticeable affect on the sound,,,, it's a lesson in itself,, which could be discussed for hours,,,,,, sometimes ,,"seeing" and "tweaking" says a lot,,,,,, ya,,know,,, active participation,,,,
Is it just me, or does this happen to everyone?

i've never opened a project from,,,"another" source,,,,,, but i'll try it ,,,and get back to ya,,,,, after my mourning cafe,,,,,,,
< Message edited by jardim do mar -- 1/30/2005 11:54:14 AM >

marcella
Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1