2015/10/20 16:44:10
M@
Fellow forum readers;
You've made your rough mix, setup all sends and busses. Now it's time for fine-tuning. Ok. Background-vox are too loud.

I just click on the backgrnd-vocals bus and instantly console view only shows me the audio & midi tracks,auxes and sends going into the selected bus. Might only be 4,6,8 tracks?? Nice and clear.
I make my adjustments, click the master-bus and back are all the tracks (except those I have hidden from view) showing me the metering and levels.
Aha, now I'd like to increase the snare reverb send a little. Click the drums-bus and there are all the associated drum tracks. The way I track my drums this is not going to be more than 12 channels including the sends. Should fit on screen nicely next to the bus-pane without needing endless sideward scrolling through the complete project.
 (Track-manager does not offer this type of instant automised workflow)

Thisauto bus-follow mode should be optionally selectable, e.g. in the console view's options-menu.

I see many requests & idea's for ways to help being "organized" within a project.
Especially with the new aux & patchpoint features projects could become quite complex.
I guess the above suggestion could go hand in hand with following suggestions:
http://forum.cakewalk.com/Console-view-group-folders-m3173032.aspx
http://forum.cakewalk.com...ole-View-m3099311.aspx

2015/10/20 18:36:10
stevec
I like it!   I can imagine it as maybe a modifier key + click or a right-click option on the selected bus. Tracks can take on their output bus color, so...

And perhaps to take it a step further...   it'd be cool if it worked with any output source in the chain; e.g., select an Aux Track and the upstream tracks (or buses) feeding it display, same for Patch Points.  Or, select the bus that the Aux Track outputs to and that bus's upstream tracks and buses (including that Aux Track) display.   Oh... And maybe have this in the Track View too! 

Auto Upstream Display Input/Output, otherwise known as AUDIO.  

2015/10/20 18:46:12
arlen2133
I like the idea.  I could get lots of miles out of that one!
2015/10/21 21:44:01
Mosvalve
I like it to as part of the console group folders.
2015/10/22 23:06:47
stickman393
I really like this idea. Currently I don't display "Tracks" in console view at all. There are just too many, and "show/hide" is burdensome to me.

Automatic Bus-Follow for Track visibility would be quite awesome. Upvoted.
2015/10/24 03:29:01
Rob[at]Sound-Rehab
I like the idea - would be really useful for large track count projects ...

But given the attention control surfaces get, this will probably never work for CS users ...
2015/10/24 09:17:09
scottfa
Stevec:
Love  those ideas. With patch points we have a lot of potential paths and no way to display those pathways. In BFD3 there is a rudimentary wy to show signal flow using colored lines. It is not implemented very well IMO, but at least it is something. If I open up a earlier project in Sonar I often can't recall the sends etc. I don't really like the color option as I use color to differentiate sources(I.e guitar, vocal etc).
I would really like to see Cakewalk step up to the many work flow impediments of which there are several.
2015/10/24 14:00:03
stevec
Thanks!   I really liked the original concept and only thought it could be expanded to include the new tools in JP - they are some rockin' tools!
2015/10/24 15:14:15
M@
FreeFlyBertl
I like the idea - would be really useful for large track count projects ...
But given the attention control surfaces get, this will probably never work for CS users ...

Hi FreeFlyBertl,
Thanks & nice to see another VS700 user here in the Forum. (I'm still figuring out how to best get it work for me)
I don't see why it would not work with (any) control surface... I believe the trackmanagers hide/show tracks reflects on our VS and expect it would reflect on other control-surfaces, so I would think it could be implemented.
(oh well... even if it doesn't. At least we've got Channel-Branch mode  )
2015/10/25 18:51:23
Notecrusher
stevec
select an Aux Track and the upstream tracks (or buses) feeding it display

I'd like to see THIS in TV. Aux Track is the new bus. I'm not using the bus pane w/ any new projects and don't use CV. This would be another great declutterization feature.

© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1

Use My Existing Forum Account

Use My Social Media Account