LockedMade Sonar X1 video on Youtube

Page: << < ..67 > Showing page 6 of 7
Author
Crush
Max Output Level: -88 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 138
Re:Made Sonar X1 video on Youtube 2011/01/24 11:37:34 (permalink)
I do electronic music and find Sonar (not X1) to be much easier to do it in than Fruity.

Yes thank you. Anyone who used FL would know how frustrating and 'toyish' it really is.
Rothchild
Max Output Level: -61 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1479
Re:Made Sonar X1 video on Youtube 2011/01/24 11:52:05 (permalink)
Can I just advise our American friends that in the UK the term '****' is significantly more offensive than I understand it to be stateside, and that this is an international forum.

Personally I'd have it added to the word filter list, as it ranks along with the worst of racist, sexist, homophobic and other 'hate fueled' language.

Child
The Maillard Reaction
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 31918
Re:Made Sonar X1 video on Youtube 2011/01/24 12:01:53 (permalink)

I'd like to offer you a sincere "thank you" for pointing this out Rothchild.

I just wrote up a post that expressed these sentiments but choose not to post it.

To summarize my feelings: I feel that Mr. Barnes owes the whole forum a formal apology.

I also feel That Cakewalk should have instigated some oversight and leadership with regards to maintaining a standard for civility.

best regards,
mike

thomasabarnes
Max Output Level: -43 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3234
Re:Made Sonar X1 video on Youtube 2011/01/24 13:22:24 (permalink)
OK mike_mccue:

Since you want to talk about feelings, let me summarize my feelings:

I feel you, sir, are upset that I criticized the users crying about bugs, because you are one of the chief in that boat.

I also feel that you, sir, are, to sort of speak, a fair weather friend to Cakewalk.

I feel that your repeated posts about your disapproval and discontentment with X1 shows a lack of appreciation, tolerance, and support for Cakewalk after all the fine SONAR releases they have brought to us.

Furthermore, I feel that I can't speak for or convey the views of Cakewalk in regards to what goes on is this forum. If they feel I was out of line with any thing I worte and merit a ban, I accept that.

I feel there is too much bashing of Cakewalk, and some of you need to let up.

Lastly, I feel none of you bashers care about what I feel. I tried to explain things I wrote in previous posts in this thread, so if you and others can't undrstand my explanation, I have failed. But I wont opoligize to the forum for criticizing all the Cakewalk or X1 bashing, as my main point, in criticizing the cry babies, is too much criticizing is just overkill.
post edited by thomasabarnes - 2011/01/25 10:32:24

"It's not a song till it touches your heart. It's not a song till it tears you apart!" Lyrics of Amy Grant.

SONAR Platinum X64 (jBridge), Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit, Core i7 990X Extreme Edition Processor 3.46 GHz 6 Cores, Gigabyte EX58-UD5, Crucial Ballistix 24GB 1333MHz DDR3 @1333 MHz, TASCAM UH-7000, Behringer X-Touch, EVGA GTX 980TI Superclocked 6GB, 1TB Samsung EVO 850 SSD, 150GB, 320GB, 1TB 7200rpm HDDs
Fog
  • Total Posts : 12302
Re:Made Sonar X1 video on Youtube 2011/01/24 13:44:56 (permalink)
Crush

Yes thank you. Anyone who used FL would know how frustrating and 'toyish' it really is.

1) some of your favourite dubstep is partly made in FL in some cases!!! what you didn't know ?

2) try reading up on rewire.. or using FL slaved to sonar "if" your more at home with FL you would know this ...
    no ? thats why your video is an epic fail

whatever you use by which ever company , you will no doubt moan about it.. and the only reply to that is..

a bads tradesman will always blame his tools .. if you spent more time learning up this stuff instead of posting rubbish videos you'd get to know..

post edited by Fog - 2011/01/24 13:48:22
Music Miscreant
Max Output Level: -87 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 177
Re:Made Sonar X1 video on Youtube 2011/01/24 13:53:46 (permalink)
Fog

your from Canada .. name me DAW made there? 

Just in case you missed my reply earlier amongst all the subsequent dribble, iZ RADAR.  
Crush
Re:Made Sonar X1 video on Youtube 2011/01/24 16:19:53 (permalink)
Fog

Crush

1) some of your favourite dubstep is partly made in FL in some cases!!! what you didn't know ?

2) try reading up on rewire.. or using FL slaved to sonar "if" your more at home with FL you would know this ...
   no ? thats why your video is an epic fail

whatever you use by which ever company , you will no doubt moan about it.. and the only reply to that is..

a bads tradesman will always blame his tools .. if you spent more time learning up this stuff instead of posting rubbish videos you'd get to know..

Most of the hip hop and dubstep is made in FL. I realize that. And I'm not young anymore and don't have the patience to deal with extra steps and bad tools as this is a hobby for me, not my life.

All bad tradespeople don't blame anyone because they deny the bad job they did - not the tools. That is a lie you just made up for the fun of it to make me look bad and try to make you look clever. You failed at that. Tradespeople if they blame anyone blame the customer. I've never heard of tools being blamed for anything with tradespeople... "oh look darn the hammer didn't work that's why the nails are hanging out" . Come on grow up.. It's simply a lie or 'clever statement' you thought would fool people.

You see, my Milwaukee cordless drill does what it's supposed to. It's a drill.  No trades-person blames a drill because a job was poorly done. I think everyone here's knows this.

My music software is like a road block for me. It holds me back. It simply wastes my time. Why should I have to click a million buttons to chop something or fade volume????.

I dont complain about most software. I don't complain about Vegas do I?

But WOW FL and both Sonar have their 'issues'. Worse than almost ANY OTHER SOFTWARE I USE. Sever issues that are simply illogical. Like WHEN YOU CAN'T FREAKING SNAP TO A GRID THERE IS A F**G PROBLEM DON"T YOU THINK??

LIKE IT'S A FREAKING MUSIC PROGRAM BUILT OF STEPS, MEASURES, ETC AND I CAN'T ALIGN-SNAP??????
Crush
Re:Made Sonar X1 video on Youtube 2011/01/24 16:23:41 (permalink)
Rothchild

Can I just advise our American friends that in the UK the term '****' is significantly more offensive than I understand it to be stateside, and that this is an international forum.

Personally I'd have it added to the word filter list, as it ranks along with the worst of racist, sexist, homophobic and other 'hate fueled' language.

Child

Hey while it was a horrible and rude thing for him to say, but I couldn't help but to notice this post.

I know this is off topic.. I don't know how old you are.. but I'd like you to realize that the reason why you think it's that bad of a word is because the media/gov't programmed you into thinking this. You are 'brainwashed' by your gov't and media to think it's a bad word.

It's ultimately just a word and you should try not to get emotional over words as actions are what matters. Never let the media/gov't program you into their way of thinking. Never let them dictate to you what is OK and not.

Supercomposer
Max Output Level: -85 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 259
Re:Made Sonar X1 video on Youtube 2011/01/24 16:38:08 (permalink)
Crush

you think it's that bad of a word is because the media/gov't programmed you into thinking this. You are 'brainwashed' by your gov't and media to think it's a bad word. Never let the media/gov't program you into their way of thinking. Never let them dictate to you what is OK and not.
+ 1000

You are so correct, I also hate that damn political correctness dictatorship, I just want to be the racist, biased, islamophobic. money, booze and music worshipping a**hole I am and be proud of it together with my fellow citizens! Down with the Illuminati new world order media tyranny!!!!!!!!

Oh and nice video by the way.
post edited by Supercomposer - 2011/01/24 16:41:51

ME is the Supercomposer, and all your base are belong to us (Yes, I mean Germany)

System Spec: CPU 2x X7560 Xeon 16-Core, 48 GIG Ram Kingston, Intel with Supermicro Workstation MP Boards, RME HDSPe, PNY Quadro 6000
Fog
  • Total Posts : 12302
Re:Made Sonar X1 video on Youtube 2011/01/24 16:41:22 (permalink)
Music Miscreant

Just in case you missed my reply earlier amongst all the subsequent dribble, iZ RADAR.  

thanks for that, it's hardware though? I should have been more specific and said software.. but then again , it's only the OP who has the real problem with certain countries etc . I get on with Canadians (well with 1 exception ), well they didn't boot me out of toronto when I visited.

tbh this thread is tired / nonsense like crush's video . instead of doing something .

you do make me laugh.. go back to the ST and c-lab / cubase.. you moan about life being hard now ? best try to work with that instead.. you'll realise it is a whole different world.

Or just buy reason and rewire it etc..

your willingness NOT to learn is holding your back..NOTHING else

you have X (pardon the pun) amount of resouces to help you .. inc. the groove3 videos if you can't be bothered to read

FastBikerBoy
Forum Host
  • Total Posts : 11326
Re:Made Sonar X1 video on Youtube 2011/01/24 16:46:28 (permalink)
. Like WHEN YOU CAN'T FREAKING SNAP TO A GRID THERE IS A F**G PROBLEM DON"T YOU THINK??

Perhaps you should ask for advice on how to use the snap-to settings then. Apart from a bug where the snap to changes to the PRV setting, which is easily remedied by a once per project one click operation, it works as designed.

In fact the bug is so minor you may not even notice it depending on your own settings.

That's not to say it shouldn't happen or be fixed but it's hardly a show stopper.
Rothchild
Max Output Level: -61 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1479
Re:Made Sonar X1 video on Youtube 2011/01/24 17:59:48 (permalink)
Crush

Rothchild

Child

Hey while it was a horrible and rude thing for him to say, but I couldn't help but to notice this post.

I know this is off topic.. I don't know how old you are.. but I'd like you to realize that the reason why you think it's that bad of a word is because the media/gov't programmed you into thinking this. You are 'brainwashed' by your gov't and media to think it's a bad word.

It's ultimately just a word and you should try not to get emotional over words as actions are what matters. Never let the media/gov't program you into their way of thinking. Never let them dictate to you what is OK and not.

I thought my note was relatively emotion free. Yes, I expressed a general dislike for hatred, as expressed through hate speech, but it was pretty innocuous really. In contrast your assertions about my values, beliefs and the level to which I've been 'brainwashed' seem pretty strong.

Please bear in mind that 'Freedom' is a 2 way street which includes 'freedom to' (in terms of expression, sexual preference, the bearing of arms, faith, religion, political values and so on) tempered with 'freedom from' (oppression, unwarranted violence, persecution, getting shot (or something else, normally on the grounds of one of the 'freedoms to') and so on).

Complex and civil societies move along a continuum of these interconnected poles. Too much 'freedom to' and you may see, what you see as, your rights arbitrarily removed from you (traditionally by the guy with the biggest stick / gun / muscles). Too much 'freedom from' and you may see. what you see as, your rights removed by a 'nanny state'.

Either way too much of one, of the other, and you're loosing your 'Freedom'.

Now, what if the money driven media were caught talking up some supposed loss of 'freedom' (bearing in mind they never seem to make the sensible distinction between 'freedom to' and 'freedom from') and they started fingering some ill defined 'other' as being the root cause of this loss of 'freedom' (stirring a nationalist ferment and further confusing those who (like all of us) are already submerged in a state of oppression)? What if challenging the petty minded and parochial hatred of nationalism, homophobia, racism, sexism etc (all the hatreds you believe you have a right to indulge in) was actually the way to free yourself from their dictatorship?

In the world of grand conspiracy theories divide and conquer seems to meet ockhams razor more plausibly than mutual respect and regard, as a tool for social control. And this is where simple minded 'libertarianism' (the grounding for your unswerving belief in your right to be offensive to people without getting called out on it) falls down.

You must really be fuming that /new got closed down?

Child
chrisharbin
Max Output Level: -56.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1852
Re:Made Sonar X1 video on Youtube 2011/01/24 20:47:46 (permalink)
darn it, I almost slipped again........
post edited by chrisharbin - 2011/01/24 20:49:33

i7 860/MSI mobo/8GB ram/win7x64ultimate/X2/profire 610/oxygen 61/running 48k currently.
guitarmikeh
Max Output Level: -72 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 942
Re:Made Sonar X1 video on Youtube 2011/01/24 21:11:45 (permalink)
I just watched the videos again... and he removes all the comments. ha!!! what a wimp.

I harbor no ill will towards any man.
chrisharbin
Re:Made Sonar X1 video on Youtube 2011/01/24 21:20:06 (permalink)
guitarmikeh

I just watched the videos again... and he removes all the comments. ha!!! what a wimp.

I know!!!!!!!!!! I'd never be a wimp!!!!!!!

i7 860/MSI mobo/8GB ram/win7x64ultimate/X2/profire 610/oxygen 61/running 48k currently.
Kroneborge
Max Output Level: -65 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1300
Re:Made Sonar X1 video on Youtube 2011/01/24 21:27:10 (permalink)
"And this is where simple minded 'libertarianism' (the grounding for your unswerving belief in your right to be offensive to people without getting called out on it) falls down. "

Umm libertariaism doesn't say anything about not getting called out for it.   I can say what I want, you can say what you want.   Libertarism is concerned about the government using force to make people do what it wants.

Political correctness is a different beast IMO.  Peer pressure and government use of force are not equal.  

That being said, agreed that most people I know don't think the word **** is any big deal.   It's equivilant to saying you are "lame" or "not cool" etc.

Mathew

Hip Hop
http://www.soundclick.com...ault.cfm?bandID=213418

BreakBeats
http://www.soundclick.com...ault.cfm?bandID=219099

i7 12 gb ram, Komplete 5, Izotope Ozone & Stutter, Symphonic Orchestra Plat.

guitarmikeh
Re:Made Sonar X1 video on Youtube 2011/01/24 21:29:29 (permalink)
I'll gladly pay you Tuesday for a hamburger today.

chrisharbin
Re:Made Sonar X1 video on Youtube 2011/01/24 21:35:11 (permalink)
Yet another block from someone with a total lack of sensitivity....or humility.

chrisharbin
Re:Made Sonar X1 video on Youtube 2011/01/24 21:35:46 (permalink)
guitarmikeh

I'll gladly pay you Tuesday for a hamburger today.

hehe

Bub
Max Output Level: -3.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 7196
Re:Made Sonar X1 video on Youtube 2011/01/24 21:43:58 (permalink)
I've been working with X1 all afternoon and I found several more bugs that I haven't seen mentioned yet but I'm afraid to say anything now. I even downloaded Jing yesterday to do video captures and send Cakewalk links to the video.

**** it I, I'm done giving a ****.

If anybody needs me, I'll be in the coffee house in the handicap booth. I think Baps will come sit with me if I offer to polish his Alembic. He may not want me touching it though with all the drool coming out of the corner of my mouth.

"I pulled the head off Elvis, filled Fred up to his pelvis, yaba daba do, the King is gone, and so are you."
chrisharbin
Re:Made Sonar X1 video on Youtube 2011/01/24 21:48:45 (permalink)
I'll come grab a beer  coffee later

guitarmikeh
Re:Made Sonar X1 video on Youtube 2011/01/24 21:53:57 (permalink)
Bub, please do make a video. I've seen many a bug that I cant articulate well enough nor find rhyme or reason.
but, I would caution you to do like Mr. Lee and Mr. McCue. and not like Crush.
as you well know this place has become more and more brutal and vicious.

I personally would like to see this thread die.(yanked, not slip away) it served no purpose but to stir the pot.
post edited by guitarmikeh - 2011/01/25 01:56:33

chrisharbin
Re:Made Sonar X1 video on Youtube 2011/01/24 22:04:33 (permalink)
guitarmikeh

Bub, please do make a video. I've seen many a bug that I cant articulate well enough nor find rhyme or reason.
but, I would caution you to do like Mr. McCue. and not like Crush.
as you well know this place has become more and more brutal and vicious.

I personally would like to see this thread die.(yanked, not slip away) it served no purpose but to stir the pot.

You are about to go silver (totally OT but hey, at least it's something nice to think about)

trimph1
Max Output Level: -12 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 6348
Re:Made Sonar X1 video on Youtube 2011/01/24 23:13:15 (permalink)
chrisharbin

I'll come grab a beer  coffee later

After work tonight i ended up with a Guinness Black and Tan....it was nuts today... 

The space you have will always be exceeded in direct proportion to the amount of stuff you have...Thornton's Postulate.

Bushpianos
Bub
Re:Made Sonar X1 video on Youtube 2011/01/25 00:38:47 (permalink)
Can't clone tracks in X1 video.

I put this on Box.net. It may not show up full screen. Just right click on it and select 'Show All', then you can click the little monitor icon in the bottom right corner of the video to make it full screen.

You alternately download it, then drag it in to your browser.

I'm thinking of starting a video only thread, still thinking about it. Don't know if I want to take the abuse. :)

Update on the video: What you can't see in the video is, I have 3 track folders. I just went back to try and work with the project and I noticed folder #1 was solo'd. I expanded the folder and none of the solo icons were enabled on the tracks, but the folder icon was which isn't right. Try it, you'll see what I mean. I clicked the folder solo icon to turn it solo off and all of a sudden all the tracks I tried to clone showed up (6 in all) and Sonar crashed. Lost 4 hours work because I got so engulfed in the video, I forgot to save. Maybe Barnsey was right about me. DOH!
post edited by Bub - 2011/01/25 00:51:04

"I pulled the head off Elvis, filled Fred up to his pelvis, yaba daba do, the King is gone, and so are you."
thomasabarnes
Re:Made Sonar X1 video on Youtube 2011/01/25 01:02:03 (permalink)
Hi Bub:

I can see you are unable to clone a track with that project.

I tried it in X1 x64 and 32-bit and was able to successfully clone a track. Which type of project is that project, .cwp, cwb or what? 

It may be that particular project has gotton corrupt somehow.

Maybe try to save as with that project and rename it, then tryit with the new named project. 

Or for a quick test. Start a new project lay a short audio take, and see if you can clone that track.

By the way, you have a great voice, man.
post edited by thomasabarnes - 2011/01/25 01:05:14

"It's not a song till it touches your heart. It's not a song till it tears you apart!" Lyrics of Amy Grant.

SONAR Platinum X64 (jBridge), Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit, Core i7 990X Extreme Edition Processor 3.46 GHz 6 Cores, Gigabyte EX58-UD5, Crucial Ballistix 24GB 1333MHz DDR3 @1333 MHz, TASCAM UH-7000, Behringer X-Touch, EVGA GTX 980TI Superclocked 6GB, 1TB Samsung EVO 850 SSD, 150GB, 320GB, 1TB 7200rpm HDDs
thomasabarnes
Re:Made Sonar X1 video on Youtube 2011/01/25 01:10:07 (permalink)
Just saw your edit in your post. Glad you figured it out.

"Maybe Barnsey was right about me. DOH!"

Seriously, Bub, I really wasn't trying to convey you are a ****ed individual. I mean this. Bub, you are not a ****ed individual. Please, don't say such things about yourself. I meant that I'm sorry for hurting your feelings, man. Really.

Thanks for updating your post. Good on you!
post edited by thomasabarnes - 2011/01/25 01:13:53

guitarmikeh
Re:Made Sonar X1 video on Youtube 2011/01/25 01:31:36 (permalink)
Bub,
just tried to clone a track in a project that has folders.  even put guitarrig in the fx bin. could not reproduce it. works as expected for me.
I can see how it would be frustrating. especially losing work while trying to make a video.
I generally don't like to use folders unless track count is way out of hand and I'm done with tracking. not saying not to use them, just reporting my "workflow".
I cant believe I used the term "workflow". well, heck I called myself a cakeboi...ha!
anyway this is my last post on this disaster of a thread.
post edited by guitarmikeh - 2011/01/25 01:33:37

Bub
Re:Made Sonar X1 video on Youtube 2011/01/25 01:48:40 (permalink)
thomasabarnes

Hi Bub:

I can see you are unable to clone a track with that project.

I tried it in X1 x64 and 32-bit and was able to successfully clone a track. Which type of project is that project, .cwp, cwb or what? 

It may be that particular project has gotton corrupt somehow.

Maybe try to save as with that project and rename it, then tryit with the new named project. 

Or for a quick test. Start a new project lay a short audio take, and see if you can clone that track.

By the way, you have a great voice, man.
Thanks, you have a nice ... uh ... avatar? LOL!

Thanks for the advice. I tried a new project and it does work so it must have been something corrupted in my current project.

Bub

Crush
Re:Made Sonar X1 video on Youtube 2011/01/25 02:27:55 (permalink)
I put this on Box.net. It may not show up full screen. Just right click on it and select 'Show All', then you can click the little monitor icon in the bottom right corner of the video to make it full screen.

This is so funny because I also had problems cloning tracks. I thought I was just doing something wrong. But more and more I release that it's the software not doing what it should.

Of course you have the shills here waving their sword and shield for Cakewalk denying that there's any problem. I feel so sad for these people. Then they are supporting that cel phone gizmo. Wow I truly, truly feel sorry for them.
Page: << < ..67 > Showing page 6 of 7
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1