LockedMade Sonar X1 video on Youtube

Page: < 12345.. > >> Showing page 5 of 7
Author
...wicked
Max Output Level: -1.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 7360
Re:Made Sonar X1 video on Youtube 2011/01/23 23:35:46 (permalink)
Crush
Anyhow I stand by the video. My video is excellent for someone who wants to produce loop based, electronic music. 

I can tell you that Sony Vegas is a 10/10 excellent software. No doubt. I've used it for years and it's fast, reliable, and works. 

Well, as someone who does produce that music I can tell ya the video is terrible. Mostly because it's disingenuous. Secondly because it does show any of X1 with technical credibility. Third because it's an ad for FL Studio.

As for Vegas, it IS awesome. For video. I wouldn't consider Vegas a premier electronic music creating DAW, as there's no dedicated tools for it. Maybe ACID, it's cousin.

===========
The Fog People
===========

Intel i7-4790 
16GB RAM
ASUS Z97 
Roland OctaCapture
Win10/64   

SONAR Platinum 64-bit    
billions VSTs, some of which work    
thomasabarnes
Max Output Level: -43 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3234
Re:Made Sonar X1 video on Youtube 2011/01/23 23:43:07 (permalink)
Bub:

You and 10Ten think alike. It's no wonder you two can get along with each other.

By the way, should I report you for calling yourself a ****ing **** in post #76, or are you gonna do that?

Look man, I was fed up with your crying, so I implied that you're acting like a ****ed individual. Why not just use tact in your communication? I, actually, think you're intellegent.

There's a time and season for everything done under the sun. Do you all who are crying all the time think you can speak harshly about what you feel about something, but others can't? You said you can take it, and dish it out, So, why are you crying, now?

post edited by thomasabarnes - 2011/01/23 23:47:11

"It's not a song till it touches your heart. It's not a song till it tears you apart!" Lyrics of Amy Grant.

SONAR Platinum X64 (jBridge), Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit, Core i7 990X Extreme Edition Processor 3.46 GHz 6 Cores, Gigabyte EX58-UD5, Crucial Ballistix 24GB 1333MHz DDR3 @1333 MHz, TASCAM UH-7000, Behringer X-Touch, EVGA GTX 980TI Superclocked 6GB, 1TB Samsung EVO 850 SSD, 150GB, 320GB, 1TB 7200rpm HDDs
Bub
Max Output Level: -3.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 7196
Re:Made Sonar X1 video on Youtube 2011/01/24 00:03:24 (permalink)
thomasabarnes

Bub:

You and 10Ten think alike. It's no wonder you two can get along with each other.

10Ten has said plenty of things that rubbed me the wrong way, but that doesn't justify calling the man a ****.

By the way, should I report you for calling yourself a ****ing **** in post #76, or are you gonna do that?

Go ahead if it makes you feel any better about yourself.

Look man, I was fed up with your crying, so I implied that you're acting like a ****ed individual. Why not just use tact in your communication? I, actually, think you're intellegent.

I've never cried here. I don't see where you're getting that from? I have agreed with others when they came here with a problem, but I haven't started threads over and over about the same thing.

There's a time and season for everything done under the sun. Do you all who are crying all the time think you can speak harshly about what you feel about something, but others can't? You said you can take it, and dish it out, So, why are you crying, now?

The difference is, I didn't personally attack you. I never even noticed you on the forums before until you attacked and harassed me.

This isn't going to go away Tom. You did what you did, now you have to live with it. And still ... so arrogant, you refuse to say your sorry. And please, don't start quoting Bible passages. There's nothing righteous about you in the least and it's even more offensive than when you called me a "****".

"I pulled the head off Elvis, filled Fred up to his pelvis, yaba daba do, the King is gone, and so are you."
...wicked
Re:Made Sonar X1 video on Youtube 2011/01/24 00:59:02 (permalink)
Bub
10Ten has said plenty of things that rubbed me the wrong way, but that doesn't justify calling the man a ****.

But it would be kind of funny if he turned out to actually have a mental disability. 

===========
The Fog People
===========

Intel i7-4790 
16GB RAM
ASUS Z97 
Roland OctaCapture
Win10/64   

SONAR Platinum 64-bit    
Positively Charged
Max Output Level: -76 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 744
Re:Made Sonar X1 video on Youtube 2011/01/24 01:00:57 (permalink)
Wow, five pages spent on this?  Nothing good ever happens after two pages!  Well, okay that sound-making thread might be the only exception since the Clinton administration!   

Besides, I knew after Humble's first post that I wouldn't even need to watch the guy's video or even to read beyond the first page!

I just think it's funny; the talent, brainpower, and calories spent on this.  Okay, I'm outta here before ya'll start going after each other! 
Crush
Max Output Level: -88 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 138
Re:Made Sonar X1 video on Youtube 2011/01/24 01:01:23 (permalink)
I have to admit the **** thing was really low and a vicious attack against someone who has legitimate concerns with his purchase.

There was a video game called Ultima Online and it had so many bugs that there was a class action lawsuit. I would say this product is in the same category.

I think Cakewalk needs to get a new, large American development team of experienced, full time, salaried, Cakewalk employees on this ASAP to protect their reputation and re-code the things that obviously need to be recoded. If setting aren't 'sticking' and sound is dropping out in the middle of looping, there is a very serious, fundamental logic error with the coding. This is why I do not believe it was developed in the US. American coders would never allow these things to happen and would never sweep these sorts of problems under the rug.

The executives are basically told that things are fixed when they are not. They were likely told it was ready for release when it was not. Issues that the developers were well aware of, got kept in secret from the head office. I go through these games daily from outsourced teams I'm forced to work with. I know the game so well.

But God when you are selling a customer boxed product that is software and a business tool.. to outsource this sort of product is insanity. Sure you can outsource manufacturing of goods etc. But never, EVER outsource 'mind skills' like software dev to the third world because it simply ends up in disaster. You have people in the third world (many times students working for free) who have no idea what the software they are working on even does or what it is for. They don't know who the software is for, who it's made by, what the stakes are, where it will be sold. It's what I call 'call center style development' where they are forced to close as many tickets as possible and you are seeing the end product of that.

These outsourced teams have cost us so much money at work in their mistakes and CONSTANT sweeping stuff under the rug it's almost laughable. The excuses are unbelievable. Every day it's something new. You just through your arms up and say to each other 'this wasn't my idea'.
post edited by Crush - 2011/01/24 01:02:48
Bub
Re:Made Sonar X1 video on Youtube 2011/01/24 01:04:48 (permalink)
Positively Charged

Okay, I'm outta here before ya'll start going after each other! 
Oh no you don't! Get right back here! You're next!

:)

"I pulled the head off Elvis, filled Fred up to his pelvis, yaba daba do, the King is gone, and so are you."
chrisharbin
Max Output Level: -56.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1852
Re:Made Sonar X1 video on Youtube 2011/01/24 01:08:44 (permalink)
...wicked

Bub

But it would be kind of funny if he turned out to actually have a mental disability. 

No, actually it wouldn't. Mental Illness is not a sign of being unable to communicate. Furthermore, people who are "mentally stable" F... up all the time.

i7 860/MSI mobo/8GB ram/win7x64ultimate/X2/profire 610/oxygen 61/running 48k currently.
Bub
Re:Made Sonar X1 video on Youtube 2011/01/24 01:13:08 (permalink)
chrisharbin

...wicked

Bub

No, actually it wouldn't. Mental Illness is not a sign of being unable to communicate. Furthermore, people who are "mentally stable" F... up all the time.
+1

thomasabarnes
Re:Made Sonar X1 video on Youtube 2011/01/24 01:21:52 (permalink)
Bub:

Young man, that's all in your mind. I didn't call you a ****, you did. If you can't understand that, it's beyond you.

I'm not opoligizing because I said you come in here like a ****ard individual still crying about the bugs. It hit me like this: you come in a thread saying something to the effect that X1 has bugs, then another thread where you agree with someone else that X1 has bugs, then even another thread, doh X1 has bugs, then even again agreeing with someone, "uh which way did he go bob, yeah X1 has bugs, and again, yeha I experienced that bug, too, doh X1 has bugs. Like a ****ed individual.

Man, we all know this! And you still refuse to give it a break! Yes, I profess to be a Christian. I don't know where you got your idea of being a Christian, but in my mind a Christian should show compassion. Yet, you have no compassion for Cakewalk. It's evident in your recent statement "...Cakewalk deserves to go out of business if this is what they are going to feed their customers."

You talk like Cakewalk deliberately sold end users buggy software. I just think that's way far fetched. As evident in you reporting that I said you come here like a ****ed individual repeatedly yelling that SONAR has bugs, you feel offended that I made a harsh statement directed toward you. Well, Cakewalk are people, too. How do you think they feel with all the harsh comments made about X1, such as, "X1 sucks," after all the time they put into the development of the product. In the SONAR X1 Mind Map, Noel said of Cakewalk that "...we extended the product cycle by 3 whole months" to present to us X1. So, how do you think they feel after they put in so much effort, yet seemed to have failed, up to this point,  to please a number of end users? Seems like a lot of you don't care how they feel. That's selfish in my book. Sure the product should have met it's claims as advertised, but software has issues. Software is not like a human who can put forth effort to direct his/her actions and outcomes.

Anyway, enough of this. You don't seem to get it. It's like I'm talking to a brick wall. I just wanted to attempt to show you how thay must feel, and I figured if you really like Cakewalk for bringing us SONAR, you could show some appreciation by letting them attempt to fix the issues with updates, before condemning. They have done a good job in the past, why not give them a chance to do it, with X1?

Think of me however you will. It's God we have to ultimately account for our actions to.

post edited by thomasabarnes - 2011/01/24 01:32:15

"It's not a song till it touches your heart. It's not a song till it tears you apart!" Lyrics of Amy Grant.

SONAR Platinum X64 (jBridge), Windows 10 Pro 64-Bit, Core i7 990X Extreme Edition Processor 3.46 GHz 6 Cores, Gigabyte EX58-UD5, Crucial Ballistix 24GB 1333MHz DDR3 @1333 MHz, TASCAM UH-7000, Behringer X-Touch, EVGA GTX 980TI Superclocked 6GB, 1TB Samsung EVO 850 SSD, 150GB, 320GB, 1TB 7200rpm HDDs
chrisharbin
Re:Made Sonar X1 video on Youtube 2011/01/24 01:33:09 (permalink)
Nevermind, a momentary lapse ....
post edited by chrisharbin - 2011/01/24 01:52:00

i7 860/MSI mobo/8GB ram/win7x64ultimate/X2/profire 610/oxygen 61/running 48k currently.
bentedgz
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 44
Re:Made Sonar X1 video on Youtube 2011/01/24 01:45:05 (permalink)
Crush,

It sounds like I'm from the same "Day Job" as you, and yes outsourcing has hurt a lot of good code jockeys. I never worked for MS but I provide support for their products, and not a single release or upgrade from any developer (in my experience) hits the market with zero problems. Too many parameters and variations in hardware systems for that to be reasonable.

What counts is how the developer responds. So here's your chance, after all if your not part of the solution you're part of the problem.

Careers@Cakewalk
Cakewalk provides software solutions to the hottest segments of the entertainment, music, and multimedia markets. Our success is built on a solid foundation of award-winning technology; global distribution, the stability of a large and diversified installed base, and a management team experienced in building companies to market dominance.
Positions Available
Senior Software Engineer
As the Senior Software Engineer at Cakewalk, you are responsible for producing high quality software within Cakewalk's applications and/or plug-ins. You will fix defects in existing code, modify existing code to enhance features, and write brand new code to facilitate new features. You'll be responsible for understanding and analyzing many different areas of our codebase. You will work with QA and Product management to ensure that features are delivered which meet customer needs and have high quality. You will assist QA as needed to devise testing scripts and scenarios. You will also be responsible for estimating tasks, and tracking your progress for completing those tasks.
Key responsibilities include:
  • Form product requirements, code high quality solutions for the Windows and Mac platforms
  • Practice best practices including design patterns, source control, and self testing
  • Process defects from our bug tracking system to the satisfaction of the QA team or triage team Required skills:
  • Minimum 3-4 years of experience with the following: DAW (Digital Audio Workstation applications) Domains, C++, and Object Oriented Design
  • Strong understanding of Cakewalk's business space: Pro Audio, MIDI, Recording and Production technologies and methods
  • Strong MFC (Microsoft Foundation Classes) and STL (Standard Template Library) skills
  • Familiarity of Windows XP, Vista, and MAC OS Preferred skills:
  • Music background
  • Knowledge of plug-in frameworks (Windows and Mac)
  • Macintosh programming skills
  • Understanding of Software Design Life Cycle methodologies
  • Experience leading projects and/or a small team If you are the right person for the job, please email your resume and cover letter to: hr404@cakewalk.com 

ej

• My Specs
    Sonar X1 Extended
    Win 7 Ult 64 bit
    GA-X58A-UD5 With Core i7 920 @ 3.2GHz 12 GB Crucial RAM
    OS Drive -  Phoenix 128 Gig SSD
    Loop, Sample, and VST Drive - Intel 160 Gig G2 SSD
    Audio, Archive, and Backup Drives - 3 WD 1TB Black
    Nvidia GeForce GTX 260 and Seasonic X750 PSU
    novation ReMOTE 61 SL Keyboard
    Mackie HR824 Nearfields with Sub
    Oh, and a Roland/Cakewalk VS-700
    ...wicked
    Re:Made Sonar X1 video on Youtube 2011/01/24 01:53:20 (permalink)
    Crush
    I have to admit the **** thing was really low and a vicious attack against someone who has legitimate concerns with his purchase. 

It's as much of a problem as someone chooses to have with it. If someone is looking to rebuke the person who said they'll have the biggest problem with it they can. 

Me personally I can see beyond the PC horse-dung and into the connotative meaning of it. Now THAT said...

I think it's far less inflamatory than your original comments about Cakewalk's development team, where they're based, and their ability to make a quality product. You managed to insult everyone outside of the US using your own logic. And, aside from the fact your actually incorrect (Cake being based in Boston and all that), even if you were right about WHERE the devz live you're still pretty blood-handed about being a xenophobe...not to mention a troll against SONAR.

Someone with "legitimate concerns about their purchase" is prolly not the best candidate to be making "how to" tutorials...as the video clearly shows. 

Given your resistance to try and accept issue-by-issue help about your X1 gripes certainly doesn't do your case any favors. 

The rest of the thread is just pretty entertaining to me because of the team you've assembled to plead your case and the actual hyperbole getting tossed aboot (that's Canadian...but you prolly think they can't write software either, right?)

What about Supercomposer, who lives in....Dubai I think? If his "people" also can't write software would you like to comment on his own ability to use it? He is, after all, one of your defenders in this ridiculous argument you're making.

===========
    The Fog People
    ===========

Intel i7-4790 
    16GB RAM
    ASUS Z97 
    Roland OctaCapture
    Win10/64   

SONAR Platinum 64-bit    
    Bub
    Re:Made Sonar X1 video on Youtube 2011/01/24 01:53:42 (permalink)
    thomasabarnes

Bub:

Young man, that's all in your mind. I didn't call you a ****, you did.

Let's take a poll: Who here thought Mr. Barnes called me a **** in his original post, and again in this post. See underlined sentence below.

I'm not opoligizing because I said you come in here like a ****ard individual still crying about the bugs. It hit me like this: you come in a thread saying something to the effect that X1 has bugs, then another thread where you agree with someone else that X1 has bugs, then even another thread, doh X1 has bugs, then even again agreeing with someone, "uh which way did he go bob, yeah X1 has bugs, and again, yeha I experienced that bug, too, doh X1 has bugs. Like a ****ed individual.

Yes, I profess to be a Christian. I don't know where you got your idea of being a Christian, but in my mind a Christian should show compassion. Yet, you have no compassion for Cakewalk. It's evident in your recent statement "...Cakewalk deserves to go out of business if this is what they are going to feed their customers."

There is nothing Christ like about you that I've seen so far. Actually, just the opposite.

You talk like Cakewalk deliberately sold end users buggy software.

They did. They admitted that when they announced a patch the day X1 was released.

Well, Cakewalk are people, too. How do you think they feel with all the harsh comments made about X1, such as, "X1 sucks," after all the time they put into the development of the product.

I imagine they feel pretty bad. I'm glad I never said X1 sucks. I think X1 is great. I've said it many times. On the other hand, Cakewalk is in business for money. So far they have sold me 3 products that don't do what they were advertised to do, and have not completely fixed any of them. In any other situation the purchasing party would have got their money returned to them. I think I've been more than patient with Cakewalk.

Think of me however you will. It's God we have to ultimately account for our actions to.

I think of you as some guy on the internet who lost his cool, called an innocent person a ****, and now your trying to save face and you are failing on a grand scale. And still, no apology. What arrogance! There is nothing Christian like or God like about you.

I tell you what, to show there's no hard feelings, and to let you save face, I forgive you. And, when the admin read this, please disregard my request to ban him.

That's what Christ would do Tom, not defend a corporation.

thomasabarnes
    Re:Made Sonar X1 video on Youtube 2011/01/24 02:45:45 (permalink)
    You tell a tree by it's fruit.

I think I have done you no wrong. As I said, I think you we're acting like a ****ed individual. I didn't say you were a **** or a ****ed individual. I said you jumped in here like a ****ed individual, and that you keep, like a ****ed individual, re-stating that X1 has problems. I know what I said could be hurtful, but it was what I could think of that would maybe make you see how Cakewalk (an organization of persons) must feel. It's not nice when feelings are hurt.

If you're honest and think I did you a wrong, I sincerely say I'm sorry, Bub, for hurting your feelings. No joking, I'm sorry.

I am tired of reading all the posts, which lack tact, that are posted about bugs. I don't think there's anything wrong with pointing out bugs. It helps make the software better (when they can be reproduced and fixed).

If you feel Cakewalk has wronged you, and that the products you have bought from Cakewalk are not worth the money you paid, whether they, in your experience , meet the claims as advertised or not, just stop buying their products. That would be the smart thing to do, in my opinion. I surely would like each product to be updated to be the best we can get out of a product cycle, and I think everyone does. So I encourage bug reporting, but I sure wish users don't go overkill with repeatedly voicing (and loudly) BUGS. That disturbs me because it strikes me as being inconsiderate. That's my main point. Heck, I imagine with the right tone, even repeatedly voicing bugs could be tolerable, with me.

Seriously, Bub, thanks for your forgiveness, and I'll try not to hurt your feelings again.

Good evening. :)
    post edited by thomasabarnes - 2011/01/24 02:51:08

chrisharbin
    Re:Made Sonar X1 video on Youtube 2011/01/24 02:50:46 (permalink)
    another block

Bub
    Re:Made Sonar X1 video on Youtube 2011/01/24 03:15:08 (permalink)
    thomasabarnes

You tell a tree by it's fruit.

Or it's bark.

I think I have done you no wrong. As I said, I think you we're acting like a ****ed individual.

Then you should have stopped there and stuck to your guns. The rest of your post seems insincere after you say that. Know what I mean?

I am tired of reading all the posts, which lack tact ...

So making a post saying someone is acting like a **** is your answer to that? heh. :)

If you feel Cakewalk has wronged you, and that the products you have bought from Cakewalk are not worth the money you paid, whether they, in your experience , meet the claims as advertised or not, just stop buying their products.

I have. X1 will be my last purchase unless they get the bugs worked out.

Gotta get to bed.

G'night.

thomasabarnes
    Re:Made Sonar X1 video on Youtube 2011/01/24 03:24:07 (permalink)
    OK I'm stiil the same person.

I'll just try to be gentle with my reactions. I joke sometimes, but I'm a sincere person.

I guess I need to work on being meek.

Hopefully, Im done here in this thread. audios amigoes.

trimph1
    Max Output Level: -12 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 6348
    Re:Made Sonar X1 video on Youtube 2011/01/24 06:43:02 (permalink)
    Wow. Just. Wow.

The space you have will always be exceeded in direct proportion to the amount of stuff you have...Thornton's Postulate.

Bushpianos
    DeveryH
    Max Output Level: -75 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 780
    Re:Made Sonar X1 video on Youtube 2011/01/24 07:22:41 (permalink)
    No kidding
    Supercomposer
    Max Output Level: -85 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 259
    Re:Made Sonar X1 video on Youtube 2011/01/24 07:46:17 (permalink)
    Sorry but pretty much everyone knows Fruity Loops is great for producing electronic music, why do you need Sonar if this is your specific genre? Check out this video for example, it´s obvious

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AH3YbnPXohE&annotation_id=annotation_995082&feature=iv

ME is the Supercomposer, and all your base are belong to us (Yes, I mean Germany)

System Spec: CPU 2x X7560 Xeon 16-Core, 48 GIG Ram Kingston, Intel with Supermicro Workstation MP Boards, RME HDSPe, PNY Quadro 6000
    mudgel
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 12010
    Re:Made Sonar X1 video on Youtube 2011/01/24 07:51:42 (permalink)
    I started a thread a while ago congratulating the moderators on their tolerance toward all the agro on the forium. As I said then I appreciate it as I'm sure the bakers know that we've got some gripes and as long as we keep things pretty civil they're going to give us the space tp vent. from memory Brandon acknowledged that. i'm sure than when the Bakers ahve had enough of our whining and complaining they'll be the ones to tell us it's their forum after all not ours. Again thanks guys for letting us get things off our chest. We're still here and waiting for next great update. I'll happily admit that I too have been among those complaining repeatedly particularly about my poor experience with X1a thus far.

SO. If we want to whinge we can, if we want to praise Cakewallk to the hilt we can do that too. But for goodness sake will people stop telling other people how they should feel and what they should think and say.

I'm more fed up with the recent sanctimonious claptrap wrapped up in the psuedo christian quoting of verse as if that's what really identifies one (see john 13:35). Not much evidence of that in any of those exchanges. Besides discussions of a religious or political nature are not for this forum.

Mike V. (MUDGEL)

STUDIO: Win 10 Pro x64, SPlat & CbB x64,
    PC: ASUS Z370-A, INTEL i7 8700k, 32GIG DDR4 2400, OC 4.7Ghz.
    Storage: 7 TB SATA III, 750GiG SSD & Samsung 500 Gig 960 EVO NVMe M.2.
    Monitors: Adam A7X, JBL 10” Sub.
    Audio I/O & DSP Server: DIGIGRID IOS & IOX.
    Screen: Raven MTi + 43" HD 4K TV Monitor.
    Keyboard Controller: Native Instruments Komplete Kontrol S88.
    Max Output Level: -25.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 4951
    Re:Made Sonar X1 video on Youtube 2011/01/24 07:55:10 (permalink)
    thomasabarnes

I am tired of reading all the posts

Then stop reading them.
    The Maillard Reaction
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 31918
    Re:Made Sonar X1 video on Youtube 2011/01/24 08:35:41 (permalink)
    Supercomposer

Sorry but pretty much everyone knows Fruity Loops is great for producing electronic music, why do you need Sonar if this is your specific genre? Check out this video for example, it´s obvious

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AH3YbnPXohE&annotation_id=annotation_995082&feature=iv

That is a fantastic video... it was actually *produced* and it is illustrative of how a company can use a high quality presentation to associate itself with a high quality corporate image.

It is almost as nicely done as the Tim Exile stuff released by Native Instruments.

Max Output Level: -25.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 4951
    Re:Made Sonar X1 video on Youtube 2011/01/24 08:41:20 (permalink)
    Supercomposer

I do electronic music and find Sonar (not X1) to be much easier to do it in than Fruity.
    kubalibre
    Max Output Level: -78 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 614
    Re:Made Sonar X1 video on Youtube 2011/01/24 08:50:02 (permalink)
    mike_mccue

Supercomposer

That is a fantastic video... it was actually *produced* and it is illustrative of how a company can use a high quality presentation to associate itself with a high quality corporate image.

It is almost as nicely done as the Tim Exile stuff released by Native Instruments.

Wow that is quite impressive.
    The sad thing is by now, I do not even remember what attracted me when I first tried Sonar 7 a few years back. I guess it was the early x64 version, transparent VST plugins windows and being able to show/hide tracks. But by now I do not know for which genre I would even recommend it to myself.

Classical/Orchestral ? great Midi + notation? get Cubase or Logic
    Electronic/Loop based stuff? ->get Fruity Loops or Ableton Live
    Needing video support, Post Pro, Recording -> get Nuendo, Pro Tools
    Being on a budget? ->get Reaper or Studio One

so where is the strength of Sonar? What is it best it compared to the competition?

---------------------------------------------
    all crash on the louspeaker
    thomasabarnes
    Re:Made Sonar X1 video on Youtube 2011/01/24 10:27:42 (permalink)
    I'm more fed up with the recent sanctimonious claptrap wrapped up in the psuedo christian quoting of verse as if that's what really identifies one (see john 13:35). Not much evidence of that in any of those exchanges. Besides discussions of a religious or political nature are not for this forum.

It's stuff like this that ticks me off. Are you God? How do you know if someone is sincere or not?  Some of us agree on matters, and some of us disagree. How about we just try to co-exist in a way that's productive. I don't think any of us should dictate anything to another? When it comes to trying to make a point about anything, one puts forth the effort to persuade, and fails or succeeds.

Surely, you've heard the saying "never discuss politics or religion," because these are two topics that stir up fervent emotions. I'm aware of this? Since we are all here at this site, supposedly, because we have a common interest (in some Cakewalk product), how about we get back on topic before it gets really heated up in here?

I wish you all the best of experiences with the software (X1), sincerely.

Music Miscreant
    Max Output Level: -87 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 177
    Re:Made Sonar X1 video on Youtube 2011/01/24 10:39:24 (permalink)
    kubalibre

mike_mccue

Supercomposer

Wow that is quite impressive.
    The sad thing is by now, I do not even remember what attracted me when I first tried Sonar 7 a few years back. I guess it was the early x64 version, transparent VST plugins windows and being able to show/hide tracks. But by now I do not know for which genre I would even recommend it to myself.

Classical/Orchestral ? great Midi + notation? get Cubase or Logic
    Electronic/Loop based stuff? ->get Fruity Loops or Ableton Live
    Needing video support, Post Pro, Recording -> get Nuendo, Pro Tools
    Being on a budget? ->get Reaper or Studio One

so where is the strength of Sonar? What is it best it compared to the competition?

Possibly 'Jack of all trades, master of... '
    Crush
    Re:Made Sonar X1 video on Youtube 2011/01/24 11:15:33 (permalink)
    I tell you what, to show there's no hard feelings, and to let you save face, I forgive you. And, when the admin read this, please disregard my request to ban him. That's what Christ would do Tom, not defend a corporation.

+++100

Excellent post!
    Crush
    Re:Made Sonar X1 video on Youtube 2011/01/24 11:34:30 (permalink)
    Supercomposer

It's in arrangement and vocal recording where it falls short trust me. I promise it doesn't have a working 'undo' button.. it works but it will not undo many important things. It will burn you if you are not careful.

There is no auto tool. You always have to manually switch tools when editing. There's no auto color for the tracks.. you have to specify it. It will not scan for vst's at startup, you have to manually add them. You can't control the volume of the metronome. Lots of manual work. Old interface that has been 'patched up' over the years. Also you are forced to use ASIO which in my opinion does not handle going 'back and forth' to the Windows desktop as good as Sonar.

But you can build the track very easy,

Actually that's how I would like to consider FL. You can BUILD very, very quick and easy. But it's the editing, effects, and arranging that are just awful. The menu systems are awful. Anyone who uses FL gets frustrated eventually and tries another software usually not to be able to make sense of it (until they see a video like mine).

Before trying Sonar I would have given FL a 4/10. But now after trying Sonar, and now after hearing what I'm hearing about Logic (and all the manual tool changes etc) maybe all the DAW's just suck so it means that FL would get bumped to a 7/10. If I had to chose FL or Sonar for life.. I'd probably chose Sonar (assuming no bugs) and learn to fit it best to my needs. That's how bad the FL editing/arrangement work flow is.

I'm looking for that Sony Vegas style 10/10 industry standard quality DAW that doesn't get in the way of my creating and editing.
    Page: < 12345.. > >> Showing page 5 of 7
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1