Helpful ReplyMixbus 3 is coming online today (7/7/2015)

Page: << < ..67 Showing page 7 of 7
Author
clintmartin
Max Output Level: -36.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3893
Re: Mixbus 3 is coming online today (7/7/2015) 2015/07/25 19:03:30 (permalink)
During the install of the interim it tells you it will uninstall the previous version...and you have to select yes or something like that.
I had a few errors during install and the VST scan stopped...or so it said. I let it keep running and everything did in fact install correctly. I'm not sure what happened. I went over it this morning with Harrison and sent them a few files to look at, but in the end it seems to be better. It's almost like it was giving false errors. The plugins that caused the VST scan to stop (I don't think the scan stopped at all) work just fine. Strange.

Cakewalk, Harrison Mixbus 4, Waveform 9, ADK intel i7 2600 3.40 ghz, 8gb Ram, Win 7, Presonus Audiobox 44VSL. 
http://www.youtube.com/c/clintmartinmusic
https://itunes.apple.com/...lint-martin/1010966023
https://open.spotify.com/artist/4x4TBz32i56bTJkgu7b4tN

clintmartin
Max Output Level: -36.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3893
Re: Mixbus 3 is coming online today (7/7/2015) 2015/07/25 19:33:00 (permalink)
Sidroe
Installed the interim and mixbus seems to be running peppier than the original download. Was dead easy to install the new version. I did empty the blacklist vsts in the preferences/plugins and emptied the vst cache before I installed the new version. Downloaded the new version and installed. Rescan for the plugins and everything was there. Although, I'm still not getting Ozone to show up.

There is a problem with izotope plugins. Mine (Nectar 2) scan but don't pass sound. I just read over at Harrison people are getting Ozone 6 to work by using DDMF's metaplugin. Might be worth a demo of that. I think it's cheap. Hopefully it will give Harrison a clue to how to fix the izotope stuff.

Cakewalk, Harrison Mixbus 4, Waveform 9, ADK intel i7 2600 3.40 ghz, 8gb Ram, Win 7, Presonus Audiobox 44VSL. 
http://www.youtube.com/c/clintmartinmusic
https://itunes.apple.com/...lint-martin/1010966023
https://open.spotify.com/artist/4x4TBz32i56bTJkgu7b4tN

Guitarpima
Max Output Level: -34 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 4125
Re: Mixbus 3 is coming online today (7/7/2015) 2015/07/27 22:56:01 (permalink)
Just a heads up. Over at the Mixbus forum there is an Interim release section and there is a release candidate for an upgrade.

Notation, the original DAW. Everything else is just rote. We are who we are and no more than another. Humans, you people are crazy.

Win 7 x64  X2  Intel DX58SO, Intel i7 920 2.66ghz 12gb DDR3  ASUS ATI EAH5750  650w PSU 4x WD HDs 320gb  DVD, DVD RW Eleven Rack, KRK Rokit 8s and 10s sub
Leadfoot
Max Output Level: -47 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2817
Re: Mixbus 3 is coming online today (7/7/2015) 2015/08/03 15:50:35 (permalink)
I got a new email from them today. I decided to buy it, hoping that there are some fixes in it. Can anyone tell me what the original build number was?
IK_Multimedia
Max Output Level: -76 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 723
Re: Mixbus 3 is coming online today (7/7/2015) 2015/08/03 17:39:34 (permalink)
I need to check if this includes the control surface support they said was coming in an update.  That's really the only thing that has held me back so far (really a flimsy excuse but it has worked for this long!).
Leadfoot
Max Output Level: -47 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2817
Re: Mixbus 3 is coming online today (7/7/2015) 2015/08/03 19:29:33 (permalink)
I don't believe the control surface support is here yet IK. I'm hoping it comes really soon though. I can't stand not being able to use my FaderPort at least for transport functions.
IK_Multimedia
Re: Mixbus 3 is coming online today (7/7/2015) 2015/08/04 11:16:23 (permalink)
Leadfoot
I don't believe the control surface support is here yet IK. I'm hoping it comes really soon though. I can't stand not being able to use my FaderPort at least for transport functions.

Doesn't appear to be from what I see.  I was able to use my MCU (old version, but still something I have a hard time NOT using!) with v2.x with a workaround from their forum but I am not going to bother trying that workaround if the actual functionality is coming.
cecelius2
Max Output Level: -61 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1494
Re: Mixbus 3 is coming online today (7/7/2015) 2015/08/12 22:13:01 (permalink)
New Interim Release today (1508).  If you are a registered Mixbus Forum user, you can download there.
 Here is what 1508 fixes:

Interim build 1508 includes 700+ changes since the initial 3.0 release. A selection of notable changes is listed below:

Windows-specific fixes:
Fixed various issues with non-latin names on Windows
Greatly improved Audio/Midi setup dialog 
Greatly improved support for some ASIO devices ( less finicky when choosing sample rates )
New PortAudio backend can use MME and WASAPI devices directly ( removes the need for ASIO4ALL )
More fixes for VST scanning, with complete separation of 64/32bit cache and blacklists
Fix audio buffering for VST plugins (fixes lack of output or phased output from a variety of VST plugins)
Take advantage of SSE and AVX processor extensions ( decreases DSP load, allows more tracks and plugins )
Fixed file metadata tagging on Windows

Mac-specific fixes:
Fixed crash in IK Multimedia virtual instruments ( Kontakt and Reaktor ) 
Ensure that copied AU plugins retain settings of the original

Locale & language fixes:
Improved support for non-English accented characters

post edited by cecelius2 - 2015/08/12 22:22:02

IK_Multimedia
Re: Mixbus 3 is coming online today (7/7/2015) 2015/08/12 22:52:04 (permalink)

Jeez, nobody tells me anything around the office!
kennywtelejazz
Max Output Level: -3.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 7151
Re: Mixbus 3 is coming online today (7/7/2015) 2015/08/15 07:49:57 (permalink)
I'm pretty stoked that Harrison put out Mix3us 3 64 bit ....
right now I'm currently using the latest interim patch  3.0.1508-w64. i still need to put the interim on my i Mac...

My experience has been mixed , yet I can say w each interim patch I have tried so far my frustration levels have diminished greatly.....
at first I was having a lot of crashes w just about everything I attempted ...
you know all the stuff I have taken for granted in other DAW's ....
stuff like setting up my audio preferences , vst scans , setting up my midi and being able to use my soft-synths and monitor them in real time  ...
For a while there I was like What ? ....You got to be Kidding me Right ?
anyway things improved in a lot of areas once I bit the bullet and continued to chip away at V3 
the patches did help some and i can admit that a  few things are still concerns to me ....
I feel very confident that the stability will improve as Harrison sorts things out
At first setting up my ASIO sound-card was problematic and caused multiple crash's when I was hunting for the right buffer settings and sample rates. now I have it set to what I use in X3 and it works fine ...
one thing that I had to get used to was that I always have to remember to set my audio device every time I open the program ...
that one got me a few times and had me scratching my head while I was staring at a project that I created as an experiment ....my little experiments were short tunes that I have been working on in X3 that I had exported as the individual tracks to be used in Mix3us...
these couple of projects that I experimented with mixing in Mix3us  were sounding pretty good to me as learning curve projects / self tutorials  ... anyway , after I had saved my projects I would open my saved projects after taking a short break to chill and I'm like What ? everything was there as i left it ...i saw all my waves ...all the meters were jumping . so, to make along story short ...I had no sound .
I had forgotten that every time I open Mix3us it will default to having None as my audio device and that I will have to set it manually every time I use the program . This can be found  in one of the dialog box's that pop up as the program starts  ...
this is real easy to forget ,  i mention this because this one procedure bit me on the butt a few times ... I also use the same device for my midi I found that I had the same problem ...
everything was there in my midi test projects but I couldn't hear it ......consider this is a heads up ...
speaking of midi ...I'm actually surprised at the results I'm starting to get now ....
At first setting up the midi was a little confusing and I had terrible latency issues ...I was gonna write that whole side of the program off ... honestly I'm glad I didn't ...that is due in part to I have been spending most of my music time playing keyboards as opposed to playing the guitar ...
this area is something I really enjoy and want to devote more time to .
it may have been the latest interim patch or something that fixed my midi woes  ... I'm not sure what happened  
I'm just very surprised at how good it is to have midi in Mix3us ...it seems to be working pretty good over here 
I'm only talking about my Windows machine right now ...that has been updated to the latest patch
I'm getting the same results that I get playing my keyboard as I get in SONAR , Abelton Live 9 , Samplitude and a couple of other Music programs that I have over here ...I'm actually shocked ...I spent tonight playing around doing stuff like
just doing all midi in Mix3us .....
now I'm not talking about what some of you Die Hard Midi guys around here are capable off ... I'm just talking basics....

I loaded up Addictive Drums 1 ( since that's what I have ) on a mid track , then I pulled some patterns out of the AD browser and slid them onto the midi track and everything worked and played as if it was in any other program that I have on my machine ....then I sent the output of AD to a couple of the Mix3us' s and had a real ear opener
lets just say that the ability to do easily the whole analog drum saturation thang w out having to dial up and keep track of a bunch of plugins is one of the things I like about this DAW and it's workflow ...
I'm seriously thinking of giving myself a pep talk along these lines ....
Yo Dude You really Have to learn how to setup A Drums in this DAW and make sure it has separate outputs , then send that out and hear what happens lol
Then I set up Dimension Pro and jammed along w the placeholder drum track for a while , recorded some of that ,
then dialed up a few other synths and so far so good ....keep in mind that I'm not really trying to do a review here
I'm just sharing my experience ...like many here I have had frustrations w this release and I'm just here to let people know it seems to be getting much better as the kinks get ironed out ...
Since I haven't gone though and auditioned every third party synth I own I can only state that so far every synth did I did use worked fine
(i didn't want to mention all the ones I tried because I'm not sitting here looking to write War and Peace I'm going more for The Guinness World Book of Records on bad writing and run on sentences  )
one thing midi tool that I really liked was their step sequencer ...this was a keyboard and it had this really cool interface ....above the keys it had a musical pallet where you can select some very musical articulations also the note durations had a lot of detail as to what you can select ....I thought it was brilliant and ascetically pleasing to look at .
I messed around with( I don't know what it's called ) ,  some sort of midi event thing that while I was playing was making a log of every thing I was doing in real time ....i messed around and edited a few things in there but I didn't go into it deep
my overall impression is that their midi implementation is very useable from what I can tell so far ...
I was willing to write that off if it sucked and now that I see that it's pretty happening  I'm happy they decided to add Midi ....
been sitting here for a while and I need to wrap this up ...before I go , a couple of more thoughts and impressions
i Love the floating Meter Bridge ..also I was very happy that the plugs I bought from Harrison work , are fully functional  and are under my name as licensed....
Regarding VST ....at first that was crash central , I may have gotten false readings in some scans...other folks have
The good news is every plug that I have that is 64 bit has shown up , even plugs I didn't want to show up showed up lol
this puts me in a position where I have to test each and every plug one at a time and that whole process is very time consuming ... it also takes me away from playing music and having fun ....grrrrrrr..lol

Plug and Synth  wise , everything that came w SONAR that is locked to SONAR , same goes for Samp and a couple of other DAW's as we all know wont work , I don't expect them to work and I want to exclude them ....
Since I don't know how to exclude the plugs that I don't want to show up I'm just gonna consider that to be something I will have to learn how to do ...in my own time or if someone reads this and knows how I'm all ears
So far I have found that Amplitude 3 and T Racks both have issues for me in Mix3us 3 they will load and show up 
The GUI looks to be what I expect and all the stuff that I bought is there ...they only sound from my left side of the stereo field when they are active ...once bypassed I get both left and right channel ...
Nectar Elements will load and present a fully workable GUI ...when this plug is engaged it will not sound at all and it actually seems to mess with the audio engine ...
The other side of the coin is a couple of the plugs that I thought were only OK in a neutral sounding DAW have seemed to come into their own because Mix3us adds a lot of coloration ...I used to pass these plugs up now I'm gonna use them
Honestly I'm happy that it is not a neutral sounding DAW ...
Anyway I enjoyed writing this up ,  I have no affiliations w any software company or any credentials to boast about or defend ,doing this has  helped me get some of my thoughts together ...

it has been a nice experience putting it out there and chatting  w y'all
have a good one,

Kenny
post edited by kennywtelejazz - 2015/08/15 08:42:41

Oh Yeah , Life is Good .
The internet is nothing more than a glorified real time cartoon we all star in.
I play a "Gibson " R 8 Les Paul Cherry Sunburst .
The Love of my Life is an American Bulldog Named Duke . I'm currently running Cakewalk By BandLab as my DAW .

https://soundcloud.com/guitarist-kenny-wilson

https://www.youtube.com/user/Kennywtelejazz/videos?view=0&sort=dd&shelf_id=1

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=427899

BassDaddy
Max Output Level: -33 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 4232
Re: Mixbus 3 is coming online today (7/7/2015) 2015/08/15 10:09:28 (permalink)
IK_Multimedia

They must not tell you anything, it looks like you have Kontakt and Reaktor now.

It's Bass, not Bass.
i7 2700K, 16GB DDR3, 2 SSD sample drives and OS drive, HDD SATAIII for projects, 2 24" monitors
Focusrite Saffire Pro 24, Focusrite VRM Box, LAVA Lamp, SONAR Platinum 64 bit, Mackie MCU and 1 MCU XT, Akai Advance 49, Windows 10,
Komplete 9 Ultimate, Cakewalk, Toontrack, IK, AAS, XLN, UVI, Air Music Tech, Waves Factory, Sample Tek and Sonivox VSTi's. Overloud, T-Racks, Audio Damage, D16, Nomad Factory, Waves Gold FX 
IK_Multimedia
Re: Mixbus 3 is coming online today (7/7/2015) 2015/08/15 13:04:06 (permalink)
BassDaddy
IK_Multimedia

They must not tell you anything, it looks like you have Kontakt and Reaktor now.

Fleer
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 8715
Re: Mixbus 3 is coming online today (7/7/2015) 2015/08/15 13:31:58 (permalink)
WHAAAAT?

"We're just two lost souls swimming in a fish bowl" (Wish You Were Here)
Page: << < ..67 Showing page 7 of 7
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1