LockedMost Arrogant Posts - Who has em?

Page: 12345.. > >> Showing page 1 of 7
Author
21doors
Max Output Level: -87 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 170
2008/09/03 21:32:25 (permalink)

Most Arrogant Posts - Who has em?

I just noticed that CJ is approaching 15,000. John is a tad under 10,000.

Interesting.
Also interesting to note that many users of cakewalk feel the forum here is a joke.
Interesting to see that many users who left Sonar complained about the user base as being out of touch with reality, having to argue about bugs instead of getting solutions.
I'm not surprised.
How much money have you two cost Sonar?

190 Replies Related Threads

cornieleous
    Max Output Level: -74 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 809
    RE: Most Arrogant Posts - Who has em? 2008/09/03 21:40:51 (permalink)
    While I certainly have seen some questionable posts from many members, including those you point the finger at, I have also seen them both contribute considerable time and energy to help others or just have fun. No one is perfect all the time, and often a place like a forum ebs and flows with normal human energy and like anything else is susceptible to moods, etc.

I am sure I have posted at this or another forum something that was silly or out of line as well. It happens. Just thought you might look at all angles before dooming a few people to a hard edged judgment.

Cheers,
    D.
    xavier onassis
    Max Output Level: -87 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 188
    RE: Most Arrogant Posts - Who has em? 2008/09/03 22:12:04 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: 21doors

Interesting.
    Also interesting to note that many users of cakewalk feel the forum here is a joke.
    Interesting to see that many users who left Sonar complained about the user base as being out of touch with reality, having to argue about bugs instead of getting solutions.
    I'm not surprised.

John has had a lot of useful posts and has been around a long time. I don't know what to say about some others. Seems like they have the answer to everything and it's not important that it is the right answer. The most annoying thing is that that they can't simply admit when they are wrong. Their image is more important to them than drawing the right conclusion. Could you imagine being in a band with a guy with an ego like that? That's why I have so few posts. Every now and then I come back and get irritated by some of these cats and I leave again for a few months. The coffee shop got banned so now XX and others have made a joke out of the main forum. You can still get a lot done here and I think it's the best all around music forum that I frequent but I have to admit that ghijkmnop was a really sweet guy even though he had a high post count and he was always the first one to admit who the real music guys were when you needed help. He was a geek and good with computers. But hey, there are annoying people everywhere you go--not just on forums.

People who are raised in meager circumstances and have to work for everything they acquire end up with much more than those to whom it is handed on a silver platter.
    We grow strong in our struggles.

Stealthassassin
    Max Output Level: -88 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 108
    RE: Most Arrogant Posts - Who has em? 2008/09/03 22:57:21 (permalink)

Interesting.
    I'm not surprised.

Who cares about the people that dont like the place?

Do you get out of the forum what you come here seeking? I know i do.. So be it
    post edited by Stealthassassin - 2008/09/03 22:58:06
    bitflipper
    01100010 01101001 01110100 01100110 01101100 01101
    • Total Posts : 26036
    RE: Most Arrogant Posts - Who has em? 2008/09/03 23:27:15 (permalink)
    many users of cakewalk feel the forum here is a joke.

Could you post a link to that poll?

All else is in doubt, so this is the truth I cling to. 

My Stuff
    Paul Russell
    Max Output Level: -36.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 3892
    RE: Most Arrogant Posts - Who has em? 2008/09/03 23:56:51 (permalink)
    Most arrogant posts? Probably mine
    I have to admit that ghijkmnop was a really sweet guy even though he had a high post count and he was always the first one to admit who the real music guys were when you needed help. He was a geek and good with computers.

Jeff (ghijkmnop) set up his own forum and a lot of us went there. The songs forum there is brutal but accurate and the politics forum is full of liberals. (which is a good thing)
    post edited by Paul Russell - 2008/09/03 23:58:04

Paul Russell 
    Calamity Studio and on Facebook

mixmkr
    Max Output Level: -43.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 3169
    RE: Most Arrogant Posts - Who has em? 2008/09/03 23:59:17 (permalink)
    One thing I've noticed is that there are some items people really like, whereas other places in similar subject forums, they get slammed. Harbal and Ozone are great examples of what I'm talking about. This place seems more receptive to the various "tools", and I like that. Reading about negative comments about something and nothing to make the opinions have any credibility are useless. If I went to CJ's[music] site and his music totally sucked, I could care less about his opinions. I disagreed with him a fair amount at times. but at least like a politician I can dig into his history and see if he knows what the heck he is talking about.
    When people slam the VC-64 and all you can trust is their printed word, it's useless in my opinion.

That said, there are some I'd like to hear their Sonar tunes so I can decide whether to skip their posts or not.
    But......I'll take the [invaluable] Sonar operation tips from those "anonoymous" ones!!
    post edited by mixmkr - 2008/09/04 00:15:51

some tunes: --->        www.masonharwoodproject.bandcamp.com 
    StudioCat i7 4770k 3.5gHz, 16 RAM,  Sonar Platinum, CD Arch 5.2, Steinberg UR-44
    videos--->https://www.youtube.com/user/mixmkr

RockStringBender
    Max Output Level: -82 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 416
    RE: Most Arrogant Posts - Who has em? 2008/09/04 00:01:10 (permalink)
    If you mean why am I going to get a MAC and invest in PT for my next upgrade, someday, then yes, I can dig the question.

here is knowledge here, you just need to filter out the BS

The marketing decision to go with this forum as the "go-to" for tech advice will be judged by the end-days corp history. Seems like they are still suckin' 'em in...

Interesting.
    I'm not surprised.

I wish my lawn was emo..... then it would cut itself.
    RichElam
    Max Output Level: -88 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 139
    RE: Most Arrogant Posts - Who has em? 2008/09/04 00:04:21 (permalink)
    I have to confess that I haven't always enjoyed the limited interaction I've had on these forums, and have found myself wincing as I read the coarse responses that other posters have received.

It's not unique to this forum (gearslutz is apparently visited solely by escaped mental patients), but there is one thing that exacerbates things. The folks with the highest post counts are often those who feel the need to chime in on every thread, even if (especially if?) they have nothing constructive to add.

Having said that, this thread can't lead to anything good.
    Rbh
    Max Output Level: -52 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2349
    RE: Most Arrogant Posts - Who has em? 2008/09/04 01:31:34 (permalink)
    Typical balance of trade issue really. Some people are just plain irritating.. they know it... you know it....no surprises, so it's a trade off. Either their contributions are hardy enough to be worth the irritation.... or no matter WHAT they have to contribute.....ain't nothing worth the irritation.

I7 930 2.8 Asus PDX58D
    12 Gig
    Appollo
    CbB, Sonar Pro, Reaper, Samplitude, MixBuss
     Win7 Pro

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=902832
    DaneStewart
    Max Output Level: -76 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 717
    RE: Most Arrogant Posts - Who has em? 2008/09/04 03:53:31 (permalink)
    No one here is as annoying as me.
    Because no one here is as good as me.
    Everyone else is annoyed because they're not as good as me.
    But those who are not annoyed are also not as good as me....and not as annoyed.
    Annoying people are always made more annoying by not being as good as me.

'Cept BitFlipper....he's pretty freekin' cool.

To thine own self be true. ~TheDane
    WDI
    Max Output Level: -54.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2069
    RE: Most Arrogant Posts - Who has em? 2008/09/04 04:57:40 (permalink)
    Can I be on this list, or do I have to try harder? To be annoying that is.

Sonar 7 PE
    Windows XP Pofessional (SP3)
    MSI K8N Neo4-F
    AMD Athlon 64 3500+
    2 GB PC 3200 Ram
    RME Fireface 800
    Edirol FA-66
    CM Labs MotorMix

Old stuff: ARJO
    SteveStrummerUK
    Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 31112
    RE: Most Arrogant Posts - Who has em? 2008/09/04 06:05:12 (permalink)

Bit harsh I think 21doors.

I think you've singled out CJ and John because of their high post counts - not because of their contribution to the forum. To me that's a non-sequitor, there are many contributors who may or may not fit the criteria you mention, why not name and shame them too?

I don't agree with your criteria anyway, and in any case we're all capable of discerning the wheat from the chaff and hey, just check out these guys' track record of giving advice - you might not like their style but you can't deny their contribution to the overall knowledge base of the community.

As for the content of these forums being the cause of people leaving SONAR and thereby costing the company money I can resolutely state that in my case the exact opposite is the case. I've been using Cakewalk's Guitar Tracks for a while now and only recently upgraded to SONAR Home Studio 6XL.

One of the main reasons I did spend my money is because of the forums on this site. The wealth of knowledge available that is given freely is worth any number of manuals and tutorials. Knowing that I'm bound to run into any number of problems with my new software that just aren't covered by the official help and knowing that I'm virtually 100% certain of getting a solution in here is why I stuck with Cakewalk, and am likely to continue to.

Steve

Music:     The Coffee House BandVeRy MeTaL

mudgel
    • Total Posts : 12010
    RE: Most Arrogant Posts - Who has em? 2008/09/04 08:14:54 (permalink)
    in general. ie not directed to anyone specifically.

I couldn't imagine Cake leaving this forum intact if they saw it in such a negative light and afecting their bottom line.

I think it adds value to the SONAR product line and if you can't work out which posts to take note of then I'm sure there's a forum somewhere that can help you.

Mike V. (MUDGEL)

STUDIO: Win 10 Pro x64, SPlat & CbB x64,
    PC: ASUS Z370-A, INTEL i7 8700k, 32GIG DDR4 2400, OC 4.7Ghz.
    Storage: 7 TB SATA III, 750GiG SSD & Samsung 500 Gig 960 EVO NVMe M.2.
    Monitors: Adam A7X, JBL 10” Sub.
    Audio I/O & DSP Server: DIGIGRID IOS & IOX.
    Screen: Raven MTi + 43" HD 4K TV Monitor.
    Keyboard Controller: Native Instruments Komplete Kontrol S88.
    Lanceindastudio
    Max Output Level: -29 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 4604
    RE: Most Arrogant Posts - Who has em? 2008/09/04 08:36:40 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: Paul Russell

Most arrogant posts? Probably mine
    I have to admit that ghijkmnop was a really sweet guy even though he had a high post count and he was always the first one to admit who the real music guys were when you needed help. He was a geek and good with computers.

Jeff (ghijkmnop) set up his own forum and a lot of us went there. The songs forum there is brutal but accurate and the politics forum is full of liberals. (which is a good thing)

I like the last part :)

Asus P8Z77-V LE PLUS Motherboard   
    i7 3770k CPU
    32 gigs RAM
    Presonus AudioBox iTwo
    Windows 10 64 bit, SONAR PLATINUM 64 bit
    Lots of plugins and softsynths and one shot samples, loops
    Gauge ECM-87, MCA SP-1, Alesis AM51
    Presonus Eureka
    Mackie HR824's and matching subwoofer
    Ron Vogel
    Max Output Level: -69 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1074
    RE: Most Arrogant Posts - Who has em? 2008/09/04 08:45:27 (permalink)
    You guys are overly sensitive if you think this forum is unpolite or people are arrogant. The car forums I'm on are 100x worse, and site sponsors/vendors are even bashed on a daily basis...and not nicely I might add.

I have learned a lot in a short time here, and when I do get responses to questions they are very polite (unless I'm missing some e-implied sarcasm)

I'm stuck in the past, but my foot's tapping forward 
    Ron Vogel Soundclick page
    Danny Danzi
    • Total Posts : 5810
    RE: Most Arrogant Posts - Who has em? 2008/09/04 09:06:16 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: SteveStrummerUK

Bit harsh I think 21doors.

I think you've singled out CJ and John because of their high post counts - not because of their contribution to the forum. To me that's a non-sequitor, there are many contributors who may or may not fit the criteria you mention, why not name and shame them too?

I don't agree with your criteria anyway, and in any case we're all capable of discerning the wheat from the chaff and hey, just check out these guys' track record of giving advice - you might not like their style but you can't deny their contribution to the overall knowledge base of the community.

As for the content of these forums being the cause of people leaving SONAR and thereby costing the company money I can resolutely state that in my case the exact opposite is the case. I've been using Cakewalk's Guitar Tracks for a while now and only recently upgraded to SONAR Home Studio 6XL.

One of the main reasons I did spend my money is because of the forums on this site. The wealth of knowledge available that is given freely is worth any number of manuals and tutorials. Knowing that I'm bound to run into any number of problems with my new software that just aren't covered by the official help and knowing that I'm virtually 100% certain of getting a solution in here is why I stuck with Cakewalk, and am likely to continue to.

Steve

I have to agree with you there Steve. Although I might not have worded it as you did....that's the difference between some of us Yanks that tread softly, and the UK guys that are up front and tell it like it is I suppose. ;) That's not meant to be a cut on you, it's something I've come to respect to be quite honest. But that said, I think this is where some of the problems may be. No matter what we say or type, someone could quite possibly get the idea all wrong. We have language barriers, slangs, certain things that get people upset in one country that won't get others upset in another....lack of emotion in text, lact of tact, and of course, the sarcastic remarks that fly that are intended to maybe stir some stuff up.

But I too thought this was a bit harsh, and I'm actually a 21doors fan. I've had some good discussions with him and he's a pretty straight up guy. I've had a few discussions with John also and think highly of the dude and have seen him jump at the chance to help someone at all times. I've not ever talked to CJ, but same with him....if he knows what your problem can be and he can help remedy it, he's the first to jump right on. But the one thing those guys have in common is they are short, sweet and to the point...unlike myself who writes a novel with every post to make sure I've explained myself and hopefully didn't ruffle any feathers while doing so. I have seen a few questionable tones from them a few times in a post, but I think some of that has to do with being helpful and also having frustration.

If you think about it, it's almost a slap in the face to have messages in our forum here that say "read this before posting" and people just ask the same Creative Sh!tblaster questions and don't even give their system specs or search for the answers on the board. It's almost to the point of being so lazy, it brings on frustration. Instead of me getting upset, I tend to ignore those posts. There is just about nothing that can't be found in this forum by using search, and the more info a person can provide, the better and faster they can possibly resolve their problems.

In all my years here, I've never had a question go unanswered. People like Jim R, altimaboy, John, CJ, bittflipper, Jose, Marah, Lance, Papa, and Susan G to name a few, have really come to be helpful to me in reading their information. They all have different styles in which they give information, but I think it's all on how the original poster really poses the questions and what tone he or she uses. If you ask a question and it's in depth and has all the right information, chances are one of those people (or several others) are going to give you a courteous answer in a few hours or less. If an OP comes on here with an attitude or can't post the question the right way, then they are going to basically get handled the same way they spoke out. To be honest, I have felt John and CJ have been way more compassionate with their responses than I've seen in past posts. But I can't hold anything against them or anyone else here. I can't judge others on how they may have treated other people. If I post a question and it gets answered and the answers I received not only helped me, but were not fecetious, (which they never have been from anyone) this forum served its purpose. I really believe it's all in the delivery and the tone poster takes. Some like myself feel the need to try and tread softly and give a person the benefit of the doubt, while others may feel a need to lash out on them due to ignorance.

If you think about it, the things that set people off in here are when they try to push an opinion on someone and have a bad tone while going about something. Sure I've seen quite a few posts that maybe should have been thought out a bit differently, but I've also seen some major advice and time spent on helping others....even if a few members may have gotten off on the wrong foot. Like I always say, we're all stuck in this world together at the end of the day...we might as well make the best of it and help each other. There are no secrets, and there is enough to go around for everyone. Strength numbers I say! ;)
    post edited by Danny Danzi - 2008/09/04 09:12:31

My Site
    Fractal Audio Endorsed Artist & Beta Tester
    SteveStrummerUK
    • Total Posts : 31112
    RE: Most Arrogant Posts - Who has em? 2008/09/04 09:32:07 (permalink)
    Cool, that's very well put Danny - my thoughts exaclty.

What I'd like to add is that I can see no earthly reason why discussions and conversations in an interweb forum should be conducted in a different manner to how they would be in a public place, face to face.

Politeness and friendliness cost nothing - to my way of thinking it's actually much harder work to put on a front and be intimidating or rude.

In the main, I find that 95% of the time, the Cakewalk forums are a nice place to hang out and the bad stuff tends to happen when personalities clash and everyone else [I'm as guilty as anyone] tend to take sides and get behind their 'champion'.

I take your point about the correct way to ask a question and how that can, sometimes excusably, end up with replies in the same 'style', shall we say.

Steve

Ediy - typo
    post edited by SteveStrummerUK - 2008/09/04 09:33:27

Music:     The Coffee House BandVeRy MeTaL

papa2004
    Max Output Level: -10.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 6475
    RE: Most Arrogant Posts - Who has em? 2008/09/04 09:43:16 (permalink)

Interesting.

Here's what's "interesting"...

It should be noted that "John" has been a forum member for nearly five years. His current current "count" (as of my posting this) is just over 9100 posts. Let's see, 365 days/year X 4.8333 {4 5/6 years}=1764.1545 days...Since we didn't include "Leap Year" let's just round it off to 1765 days. Now then, 9167 posts/1765 days = an average of 5.193 posts per day. WOW! "John" has been spending TOO much time around here!

CJ's "exorbitant" post count is a different story. Some forumites who have been around here much longer than the OP might remember a "promotion" that offered a free upgrade to the next SONAR release (I don't recall which one or which year). The promotion was tied into the number of posts on the forums during a specific time (again, I don't recall the details because it wasn't something I was interested in attempting, nor did I have the time to do so).

CJ spent countless hours "upping" his post count in hopes of winning. He didn't win but his post count is WAY up there as a result. Maybe mpw he's shooting for the 20,000 mark in hopes of getting SONAR 10 at no cost?

Those who feel that way are entitled to their opinions and are free to seek help with Cakewalk products elsewhere if they so desire.

Speaking of "interesting", it WOULD be interesting to me to see some valid numbers supporting your assumptions. To the best of my knowledge, the vast majority of users who are "out of touch with reality" are the users who refuse to accept facts about their DAW systems (and how said systems are configured by the user) being the cause for many of the problems they've experienced.

I feel quite safe in stating that, in my experience around these here parts, there are many forum members who go out of their way trying to help find solutions to perceived "bug" issues. The "arguing about bugs" to which I think you refer is usually a result of veteran users not being able to replicate the error on their own systems. I've rarely read any legitimate members' posts totally denying the existence of a potential "bug" (other than the obvious ones like, "I can't hear audio. What's wrong with SONAR? Why can't they fix this bug?", etc.,).

My guess would be not a cent. On the other hand, I wonder how much money some of the cynics and perpetual whiners, who complain about every little thing they can think of while rarely adding any helpful advice, have cost SONAR.

For the record, I initially read this thread early this morning and chose not to reply at the time. After careful consideration I decided to add my opinions as well as some clarification details of the abnormally high post counts cited in the original post of the thread.

post edited by papa2004 - 2008/09/04 09:45:44

Regards,
    Papa
    Danny Danzi
    • Total Posts : 5810
    RE: Most Arrogant Posts - Who has em? 2008/09/04 09:44:53 (permalink)
    ORIGINAL: SteveStrummerUK

Cool, that's very well put Danny - my thoughts exaclty.

What I'd like to add is that I can see no earthly reason why discussions and conversations in an interweb forum should be conducted in a different manner to how they would be in a public place, face to face.

Politeness and friendliness cost nothing - to my way of thinking it's actually much harder work to put on a front and be intimidating or rude.

In the main, I find that 95% of the time, the Cakewalk forums are a nice place to hang out and the bad stuff tends to happen when personalities clash and everyone else [I'm as guilty as anyone] tend to take sides and get behind their 'champion'.

I take your point about the correct way to ask a question and how that can, sometimes excusably, end up with replies in the same 'style', shall we say.

Steve

Ediy - typo

+10000000000! Well said Steve!!!
    post edited by Danny Danzi - 2008/09/04 09:45:32

My Site
    Fractal Audio Endorsed Artist & Beta Tester
    plainfaced
    Max Output Level: -59 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 1617
    RE: Most Arrogant Posts - Who has em? 2008/09/04 09:52:12 (permalink)
    Interesting. Waaaa waaa.. booo hoo hoo
    I'm not surprised.
    cry cry cry

Sonar Professional | Reason 8 | Propellerheads Balance | Windows 10
    jlouismusic
    Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 11
    RE: Most Arrogant Posts - Who has em? 2008/09/04 12:21:13 (permalink)
    First Post,
    Hi Ya'll (that's the way people talk in Boston).
    I just got S7 Producer after Christmas 2007, been using a Zoom 1266 hard disk recorder for a year, and needed something I could mix a little better with.
    I also got Scott's book and never fired S7 up until I read the pages off the thing. I'm a super newbie and suck in terms of musicianship and such but I love spending hours in my studio pissing off the wife and screwing up an already screwed up mix......more.

I've found the forum to be pretty helpful, but my personality type doesn't sit well with typing out an issue and waiting for someone to get it done for me.
    As I've seen on countless posts, my problem has probably been dealt with before, so I'll search, and usually I'll find something helpful.
    I spend a lot of time at work printing out posts to bring home and use.
    I've seen some of the "fights" that develop here, and while entertaining, I don't spend too much time on that.

I don't know who's right, and who's wrong when it comes to feedback, and could care less about the tone of the posts. If I think it might help me I'll use it, if not I look for other stuff I can use. I don't care if you've got tons of good songs that I can hear, or no song, I can get something from your post, and if I can't, so be it.

A lot of the high posters mentioned have been a help to me without knowing they have. CJ, Bitflipper, Yep (love his posts) MM, Danny D, John, too many to name have really posted some good stuff. They're human too, so I don't expect them to come off as best buds to everyone in a post, and what the heck, it's the internet, about as impersonal as you can get. I don't need to like anyone, or be liked, and I don't feel a huge "like me" vibe coming off of the responders to posts, so I feel the forum does what it "do" and that's all I can ask of it.

I do admit I've thought of posting once or twice, and was a little apprehensive, but I ended up figuring it out, or finding a post that figured it out (I have to get my gear up on my future posts, it ain't much, but if I do need you folks It'll be there, I also don't know squat about recording, so I am a little worried about appearing stupid).

Though it might be cool to do so, I'll probably never meet any of you, so what do I care if you get on my case regarding my post. Saying you are sorry won't pay my mortgage.

I know my situation is different than others, I have no clients waiting for my services, I have no deadlines, I don't expect any of my stuff to ever launch my big career or anything, so I can be casual about this stuff, but I say keep it coming folks. Intense discussions and all. Like they say in AA, take what you like and leave the rest.

P.S., Even if I do become pretty good at this, I'll still haunt the forum, and if some nutty newbie posts something that can help me, I'll take it.

best of luck,
    Jlouis
    spacey
    • Total Posts : 8769
    RE: Most Arrogant Posts - Who has em? 2008/09/04 13:03:31 (permalink)

Interesting.
    I'm not surprised.

How many users feel the forum is a joke?
    How many users left and made that remark of the user base?
    And how do you support the count if you can supply one?

If you can't answer these simple questions then what is one to think about your post?
    Your state of surprise and interest of Sonar's expenses -I have no concern about.

Hope you can support the claims (you're obviously interested in). If not that puts the score very high for CJ and John and zero for you in helping me get answers. And don't get mad...you brought it up.

jamesg1213
    • Total Posts : 21760
    RE: Most Arrogant Posts - Who has em? 2008/09/04 13:11:55 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: xavier onassis

Not many posts but still the BEST screen name!

Jyemz

Thrombold's Patented Brisk Weather Pantaloonettes with Inclementometer
    cryophonik
    Max Output Level: -28 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 4724
    RE: Most Arrogant Posts - Who has em? 2008/09/04 13:40:27 (permalink)
    My posts aren't arrogant - they're just better than yours.

Seriously, though I agree 100% with spacey. You may not like John and CJ's post count or CJ's brash responses, but they have helped out a lot of Sonar users. I can't say the same thing for many of the people that feel the need to attack them. John in particular is one of this forum's greatest assets IMO.

cryophonik   |   soundcloud  |   Facebook

Q6600 | GA-EP45-UD3P | Windows 7 64 | 8GB
    Access Virus Keyboard TI2 | Kurzweil PC3X | NI Maschine

karim82
    Max Output Level: -81 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 481
    RE: Most Arrogant Posts - Who has em? 2008/09/04 13:41:29 (permalink)
    21doors isn't responding.. I think he regrets what he said..

Cakewalk SONAR v8 - Windows 7 64bit (RC) - AMD Athlon 64 X2 5600+ 2.8GHz ASUS M2N-SLI DELUXE - 4Gb RAM DDR2 667MHz - 160G System + 250G Recording + 1Tb Archiving - Sapphire Radeon HD4670 1Gb GDDR3 - ACER22"-Edirol UA-25-Waves Plugs,Bluetubes
    space_cowboy
    • Total Posts : 9813
    RE: Most Arrogant Posts - Who has em? 2008/09/04 13:50:34 (permalink)
    Spacey
    You will be hearing from my lawyers. Your name infringes on mine.

Some people call me Maurice

SPLAT Pro lifetime, ADK 6 core 3.6Ghz with 32 GB RAM, SSD 1TB system drive, 3 3TB regular drives for samples, recordings and misc.  Behringer X Touch, UAD Apollo Quad.  2 UAD2 Quads PCI (i think - inside the box whatever that is), Console 1.  More guitars (40??) and synths (hard and soft) than talent.  Zendrum!!!
    bapu
    • Total Posts : 86000
    RE: Most Arrogant Posts - Who has em? 2008/09/04 13:59:25 (permalink)

ORIGINAL: space_cowboy

Spacey
    You will be hearing from my lawyers. Your name infringes on mine.

He only uses 54.54545454545454.........% of the characters of your name and mentions no Cows or Boys. Your case looks flimsy to me.
    kwgm
    Max Output Level: -52.5 dBFS
    • Total Posts : 2271
    RE: Most Arrogant Posts - Who has em? 2008/09/04 14:03:32 (permalink)
    Post counts indicate an individual's level of participation and nothing more, yet every now and then someone claims additional meaning in post counts they discovered in a logic that usually tells more about the poster's psyche than it does about the ones he or she is attempting to analyze.

This time the extra meaning is an arrogance level. The more one posts, the more arrogant one is, supposedly. Why not change the label to Arrogance Level? Silly -- if you take this attitude to its logical conclusion, no one would get any help around here. About the only meaning one can take from a high post count is that person's desire to share something here. To me, that's not arrogance. Perhaps we have different definitions? The one I use is based on an "I'm worth more than you" attitude, and is defined in any dictionary. Replying to someone's cry for help here demonstrates just the opposite character trait in my book -- service to fellow Sonar users.

I've read all kinds of posts on these forums -- frustrated and angry posts, stupid and silly posts, as well as those posts that attempt to help, whether or not these posts are on the mark or off it, they're attempting to help. But frankly, I haven't read very many arrogant posts here--on the contrary, in many posts the user claims his/her inferiority and begs for help. In general this forum does a lot of business helping users figure out that extremely complex application called Sonar.

A while back I turned off the display of icons, avatars, and post counts. Did you know that you can do this? Then you can evaluate each piece of information you read based on its quality and not its source. Check your profile settings if you too can't be bothered with this kind of info.

--kwgm
    space_cowboy
    • Total Posts : 9813
    RE: Most Arrogant Posts - Who has em? 2008/09/04 14:06:40 (permalink)
    To the OP
    Maybe, just maybe, some of us have no lives or no friends. We play music by ourselves a lot and look for a bunch of other loners that share a similar compulsion.

Of course, that would not include me. I am very popular. Very. I have lost more friends than most people will ever have.

Some people call me Maurice

SPLAT Pro lifetime, ADK 6 core 3.6Ghz with 32 GB RAM, SSD 1TB system drive, 3 3TB regular drives for samples, recordings and misc.  Behringer X Touch, UAD Apollo Quad.  2 UAD2 Quads PCI (i think - inside the box whatever that is), Console 1.  More guitars (40??) and synths (hard and soft) than talent.  Zendrum!!!
    Page: 12345.. > >> Showing page 1 of 7
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1