AnsweredLockedMy only reason for living and composing

Page: 12345.. > >> Showing page 1 of 10
Author
SuperMarioGamer
Max Output Level: -86 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 222
2017/02/16 10:36:07 (permalink)

My only reason for living and composing

Edit:  I will make one more post here for others to reply to.  As I said, I am currently learning how to compose as of now.  But I have no true passion for composing alone in of itself.  My true passion is having these awesome and beautiful songs I've created in my mind to get praised and recognized by as many people as I can find.  It's not about me as a person getting admiration.  Rather, it is about these songs since they are so great, special, beautiful, and powerful to me and they sound like those top of the line songs you hear that are produced by hardcore musical professionals.  The brain is an amazing thing and it can create such songs in your head.

Now my composing dream is no different than if you wanted to build a house, but you have no true passion for working with tools and being skilled at building houses.  It wasn't about the process of building that house.  Rather, it was about that house being created since this house is the most special and beautiful house to you and you really want it to be built.  So that is the analogue for my composing dream. I have no true passion for the whole process of composing.  Rather, my true passion is having my envisioned music praised, admired, and recognized by as many people as I can find since it is these songs that are important to me; not the composing.

Some people might say that I am not a true composer.  They might call me a composer which would be a poser in the composing art.  But I don't care about that.  I just want these songs in my mind to become a reality and for them to be praised and recognized.  I know this is a set up for failure and disappointment since there are so many factors that could prevent me from achieving this goal such as some fatal illness or disease.  But I am still going to go through with this composing dream of mine anyway and just hope that I achieve my goal.

I have a true passion for creating music in my head and having that music praised and recognized. I know these are great and beautiful songs I hear in my mind. But I rely on certain factors (conditions) to make my composing and my life worth living. The #1 factor (condition) I rely on to make my entire life worth living to me are my feelings of happiness and enjoyment. As long as I don't have those feelings due to depression and anhedonia, then that is living my life and doing my hobbies like nothing more than a lifeless statue set in motion.

There literally is no joy or anything for me living like that. The 2nd condition I rely on to make my composing worth living for is the idea of my music getting out there and getting praised and recognized since that is my goal in composing which is to produce those songs how I hear them in my mind and share them with others. Sharing my music is a way of connecting with others.

___________________________________________________________________________________________

Now the only thing that matters to me in life is how I feel. That is the only determining factor of the value of my life. As long as I feel motivated, happy, profound joy, beauty, and am enjoying my life, then my life is well worth living to me. But if I feel depressed and/or anhedonic, then my life has no value during that moment. It is not worth living and my hobbies aren't worth living for either during that moment.

I suspect that I could be a musical savant due to my autism and the amazing and beautiful types of music I have created in my mind. Now that is just my opinion though. As to whether I really am a musical savant has yet to be determined. That can only be determined by me actually developing the physical musical skills necessary to actually bring those songs I hear in my mind here into reality.

So even though I could already be a musical savant mentally (which has yet to be determined), I have no skill physically as of now. Therefore, I have yet to learn how to compose. I am all ready to do that now since I have my good feelings back to me again. But if I really am a savant, then it doesn't matter how good of a musical talent I have; I will give up on it if there ever comes a moment in my life again where I lose those good feelings. Without my good feelings, then it is like I am living my life and composing like a lifeless statue set in motion.

There is literally no joy, happiness, value, etc. there at all. So that is why I would give up. I absolutely cannot stand for even one moment pursuing a wonderful hobby and a wonderful talent like that. So to avoid any further issues and anger/frustration, I would just have to give up on my musical talent for now until I can get those good feelings back to me again.
post edited by SuperMarioGamer - 2017/02/23 08:13:14
bapu
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 86000
Re: My only reason for living and composing 2017/02/16 11:56:31 (permalink)

sharke
  • Total Posts : 13933
Re: My only reason for living and composing 2017/02/16 12:02:02 (permalink)
You have been over this over and over and over again on this forum and nobody here can offer you a shred of advice or insight that you're willing to take or listen to. Please don't take this the wrong way but you really need to post this stuff on a forum which deals with psychological issues and has people qualified to offer advice about your particular psychological problem. Because I know how these threads go - people will, having not read your earlier posts, eagerly write long and well thought out advice only to find that you instantly pooh pooh it as inapplicable to your "unique" disorder. It seems to me that you're just using this forum as a platform on which to indulge your own sense of self-tragedy without actually having any interest in accepting help or advice from anyone. Some may say that's harsh but it's just honestly what I think man. So please take your problem to a forum which is qualified to help with these things, I really wish you all the best of luck.

James
Windows 10, Sonar SPlat (64-bit), Intel i7-4930K, 32GB RAM, RME Babyface, AKAI MPK Mini, Roland A-800 Pro, Focusrite VRM Box, Komplete 10 Ultimate, 2012 American Telecaster!
BobF
  • Total Posts : 8124
Re: My only reason for living and composing 2017/02/16 12:21:35 (permalink)
snowflake syndrome?

Bob  --
Angels are crying because truth has died ...
Illegitimi non carborundum
--
Studio One Pro / i7-6700@3.80GHZ, 32GB Win 10 Pro x64
Roland FA06, LX61+, Fishman Tripleplay, FaderPort, US-16x08 + ARC2.5/Event PS8s 
Waves Gold/IKM Max/Nomad Factory IS3/K11U

SuperMarioGamer
Re: My only reason for living and composing 2017/02/16 12:22:17 (permalink)
sharke
You have been over this over and over and over again on this forum and nobody here can offer you a shred of advice or insight that you're willing to take or listen to. Please don't take this the wrong way but you really need to post this stuff on a forum which deals with psychological issues and has people qualified to offer advice about your particular psychological problem. Because I know how these threads go - people will, having not read your earlier posts, eagerly write long and well thought out advice only to find that you instantly pooh pooh it as inapplicable to your "unique" disorder. It seems to me that you're just using this forum as a platform on which to indulge your own sense of self-tragedy without actually having any interest in accepting help or advice from anyone. Some may say that's harsh but it's just honestly what I think man. So please take your problem to a forum which is qualified to help with these things, I really wish you all the best of luck.

Actually, this time is different.  All I was simply saying was that I have my good feelings back to me again and that I am now going to learn how to compose.  But if I lose those feelings again, then I am just going to give up again until I can get them back to me.
michaelhanson
Max Output Level: -40 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3529
Re: My only reason for living and composing 2017/02/16 13:07:33 (permalink)
My only reason for composting is to use as fertilizer.

Mike

https://soundcloud.com/michaeljhanson
https://www.facebook.com/michaeljhanson.music
iTunes:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/scandalous-grace/id1180730765

Platinum Lifetime, Focusrite 8i6 & 2i4, Gibson LP, ES335, Fender Strat, 4003 Rickenbacker
BMI
sharke
Re: My only reason for living and composing 2017/02/16 13:16:02 (permalink)
SuperMarioGamer
sharke

Actually, this time is different.  All I was simply saying was that I have my good feelings back to me again and that I am now going to learn how to compose.  But if I lose those feelings again, then I am just going to give up again until I can get them back to me.

I'm just not sure how that information is relevant to anyone on this forum, that's all. This is a music related forum, not a psychiatrist's couch. If you just want to talk about the technical side of composing then everyone will be all ears, but as soon as you start talking about how it relates to your mental condition then you're not going to win any friends here. Just saying....

James
Windows 10, Sonar SPlat (64-bit), Intel i7-4930K, 32GB RAM, RME Babyface, AKAI MPK Mini, Roland A-800 Pro, Focusrite VRM Box, Komplete 10 Ultimate, 2012 American Telecaster!
SteveStrummerUK
  • Total Posts : 31112
Re: My only reason for living and composing 2017/02/16 13:37:51 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby Mesh 2017/02/16 13:58:16
sharke

This is a music related forum, not a psychiatrist's couch.

I don't know James, I reckon this place could keep a team of shrinks busy for years 

Music:     The Coffee House BandVeRy MeTaL

eph221
Max Output Level: -28.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 4665
Re: My only reason for living and composing 2017/02/16 13:40:45 (permalink)
Personally, I'm worried about supermariogamer. :(

*Q-TIPS ARE FUZZY!!*
 Is a lumineer a new dental appliance?  

i7 2.5 ghz
32GB RAM
WINDOWS 10
My Ass
Cubase 9.5

sharke
Re: My only reason for living and composing 2017/02/16 13:55:10 (permalink)
SteveStrummerUK
sharke

This is a music related forum, not a psychiatrist's couch.

I don't know James, I reckon this place could keep a team of shrinks busy for years 

And those shrinks would have to see shrinks of their own....

James
SuperMarioGamer
Re: My only reason for living and composing 2017/02/16 13:55:10 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby sharke 2017/02/16 13:55:40
sharke
SuperMarioGamer
sharke

I'm just not sure how that information is relevant to anyone on this forum, that's all. This is a music related forum, not a psychiatrist's couch. If you just want to talk about the technical side of composing then everyone will be all ears, but as soon as you start talking about how it relates to your mental condition then you're not going to win any friends here. Just saying....

Alright, never mind then.  I understand.  If I have technical musical questions I would like to ask or if I wish to discuss something technical about music that is actually worth discussing with me, then I will do so instead.
Mesh
  • Total Posts : 27360
Re: My only reason for living and composing 2017/02/16 14:05:23 (permalink)
Sharke, do you like Zelda or movies about gladiators?

Platinum Gaming DAW: AsRock Z77 Overclock Formula
I7 3770k @ 4.5GHz : 16GB RAM G.Skill Ripjaws X
250GB OS SSD : 3TB HDD : 1TB Sample HDD
Win 10 Pro x 64 : NH-D14 CPU Cooler 
HIS IceQ  2GB HD 7870
Focusrite Scarlett 2i4
The_Forum_Monkeys
bapu
Re: My only reason for living and composing 2017/02/16 14:11:19 (permalink)
eph221

Make a plan to visit him?
Mesh
  • Total Posts : 27360
Re: My only reason for living and composing 2017/02/16 14:13:37 (permalink)
bapu
eph221

Make a plan to visit him?

What would Pedro say?

Platinum Gaming DAW: AsRock Z77 Overclock Formula
I7 3770k @ 4.5GHz : 16GB RAM G.Skill Ripjaws X
250GB OS SSD : 3TB HDD : 1TB Sample HDD
Win 10 Pro x 64 : NH-D14 CPU Cooler 
HIS IceQ  2GB HD 7870
Focusrite Scarlett 2i4
The_Forum_Monkeys
sharke
Re: My only reason for living and composing 2017/02/16 16:26:11 (permalink)
Mesh
Sharke, do you like Zelda or movies about gladiators?

Funnily enough they're my two pet hates....

James
paulo
Max Output Level: -13 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 6218
Re: My only reason for living and composing 2017/02/16 17:02:30 (permalink)
Mesh

What would Pedro say?

craigb
  • Total Posts : 41704
Re: My only reason for living and composing 2017/02/16 20:02:19 (permalink)
Daryl likes monkeys.

Time for all of you to head over to Beyond My DAW!
savageopera
Max Output Level: -78 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 625
Re: My only reason for living and composing 2017/02/16 20:55:57 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby craigb 2017/02/16 22:27:47
So Mario, just stop posing and start composing.......

Sonar Artist, HP Laptop, AMD A8700 , 1T+250g, M-Audio Fast Track Ultra ,Roland 88 Hammer action, Roland AX-1, M-audio 88es, Arturia minilabII......When I was young I wanted to become a mad scientist. I achieved everything except the "scientist" part....http://www.soundclick.com/savageopera
stevec
  • Total Posts : 11546
Re: My only reason for living and composing 2017/02/17 12:33:47 (permalink)
savageopera
So Mario, just stop posing and start composing.......

Yeah...   Maybe Nike had it right in this case - just do it.

Or to borrow another catchy phrase: talking about music is like dancing about architecture.  

SteveC
https://soundcloud.com/steve-cocchi
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=39163

SONAR Platinum x64, Intel Q9300 (2.5Ghz), Asus P5N-D, Win7 x64 SP1, 8GB RAM, 1TB internal + ESATA + USB Backup HDDs, ATI Radeon HD5450 1GB RAM + dual ViewSonic VA2431wm Monitors;
Focusrite 18i6 (ASIO);
Komplete 9, Melodyne Studio 4, Ozone 7 Advanced, Rapture Pro, GPO5, Valhalla Plate, MJUC comp, MDynamic EQ, lots of other freebie VST plugins, synths and Kontakt libraries

JohanSebatianGremlin
Max Output Level: -82 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 402
Re: My only reason for living and composing 2017/02/17 19:34:52 (permalink)
SuperMarioGamerActually, this time is different.  All I was simply saying was that I have my good feelings back to me again and that I am now going to learn how to compose.  But if I lose those feelings again, then I am just going to give up again until I can get them back to me.

Thanks for sharing.

If gear was the determining factor, we would all have a shelf full of Grammies and a pocket full of change.  -microapp

i7, 32gb RAM, Win10 64bit, RME UFX
yorolpal
  • Total Posts : 13829
Re: My only reason for living and composing 2017/02/18 00:12:43 (permalink)
Welp...rock it while ya got it, ol pal. That's all any of us can do. And you are no exception. Honest.

https://soundcloud.com/doghouse-riley/tracks 
https://doghouseriley1.bandcamp.com 
Where you come from is gone...where you thought you were goin to weren't never there...and where you are ain't no good unless you can get away from it.

SPLAT 64 bit running on a Studio Cat Pro System Win 10 64bit 2.8ghz Core i7 with 24 gigs ram. MOTU Audio Express.
Moshkito
Max Output Level: -37.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3765
Re: My only reason for living and composing 2017/02/19 13:59:22 (permalink)
eph221

Actually you will have to excuse me ... the bathroom beckons!

I kinda think that he has only changed his t-shirt and now has pink'ish (PF of course!) sox!
post edited by Moshkito - 2017/02/21 10:54:05

Music is not about notes and chords! My poem is not about the computer or monitor or letters! It's about how I was able to translate it from my insides! 
SuperMarioGamer
Re: My only reason for living and composing 2017/02/20 11:27:53 (permalink)
yorolpal
Welp...rock it while ya got it, ol pal. That's all any of us can do. And you are no exception. Honest.

Thank you.  But did you or anyone else here want to know what style of music I wish to compose?  You might have no interest because I might have came across as an annoying disrespectful person in the past.  As I mentioned before, I was going through some bad times in my life.  So those moments have passed now.  If you wish to know what style of music I wish to compose, then I will explain in my next post here.  I am currently learning how to compose as of right now and am posting here in the meantime as well when I have free time to do so.  
jamesg1213
  • Total Posts : 21760
Re: My only reason for living and composing 2017/02/20 11:41:17 (permalink) ☼ Best Answerby Karyn 2017/02/21 08:44:04
Talking about what music you're going to make isn't likely to interest anyone. Just get on and do it, then we can hear it.

Jyemz

Thrombold's Patented Brisk Weather Pantaloonettes with Inclementometer
bapu
Re: My only reason for living and composing 2017/02/20 12:22:55 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby BobF 2017/02/23 08:09:13
SuperMarioGamer
I am currently learning how to compose as of right now and am posting here in the meantime as well when I have free time to do so.  

So, you are exactly like the rest of us.

eph221
Re: My only reason for living and composing 2017/02/20 16:14:38 (permalink)
Speak for yourself, Bapoo.  :D:D

*Q-TIPS ARE FUZZY!!*

i7 2.5 ghz
32GB RAM
WINDOWS 10
My Ass
Cubase 9.5

SuperMarioGamer
Re: My only reason for living and composing 2017/02/22 19:58:32 (permalink)
I will make one more post here for others to reply to.  As I said, I am currently learning how to compose as of now.  But I have no true passion for composing alone in of itself.  My true passion is having these awesome and beautiful songs I've created in my mind to get praised and recognized by as many people as I can find.  It's not about me as a person getting admiration.  Rather, it is about these songs since they are so great, special, beautiful, and powerful to me and they sound like those top of the line songs you hear that are produced by hardcore musical professionals.  The brain is an amazing thing and it can create such songs in your head.

Now my composing dream is no different than if you wanted to build a house, but you have no true passion for working with tools and being skilled at building houses.  It wasn't about the process of building that house.  Rather, it was about that house being created since this house is the most special and beautiful house to you and you really want it to be built.  So that is the analogue for my composing dream. I have no true passion for the whole process of composing.  Rather, my true passion is having my envisioned music praised, admired, and recognized by as many people as I can find since it is these songs that are important to me; not the composing.

Some people might say that I am not a true composer.  They might call me a composer which would be a poser in the composing art.  But I don't care about that.  I just want these songs in my mind to become a reality and for them to be praised and recognized.  I know this is a set up for failure and disappointment since there are so many factors that could prevent me from achieving this goal such as some fatal illness or disease.  But I am still going to go through with this composing dream of mine anyway and just hope that I achieve my goal.
post edited by SuperMarioGamer - 2017/02/22 20:39:50
eph221
Re: My only reason for living and composing 2017/02/22 20:02:20 (permalink)
Get help!

*Q-TIPS ARE FUZZY!!*

i7 2.5 ghz
32GB RAM
WINDOWS 10
My Ass
Cubase 9.5

eph221
Re: My only reason for living and composing 2017/02/22 20:02:23 (permalink)
Get help!

*Q-TIPS ARE FUZZY!!*

i7 2.5 ghz
32GB RAM
WINDOWS 10
My Ass
Cubase 9.5

eph221
Re: My only reason for living and composing 2017/02/22 20:03:05 (permalink)
This must be allan. Or some other troll

*Q-TIPS ARE FUZZY!!*

i7 2.5 ghz
32GB RAM
WINDOWS 10
My Ass
Cubase 9.5

Page: 12345.. > >> Showing page 1 of 10
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1