OT: Should I quit my job to focus on music?

Page: << < ..6789 Showing page 9 of 9
Author
theguitarplayer
Max Output Level: -40 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3523
Re: RE: OT: Should I quit my job to focus on music? 2013/07/07 13:58:28 (permalink)
First of all, I read your post and then went and searched for one of your songs on all 4 pages of this forum and did not find a single song posted from you (Xfusion). It would be hard to tell anything about your skills with no posts to listen to, in order to make a judgment call of this nature.
It sounds to me from your written post that it is all about you, and what you would like, but can't make choices on your own. You are 25 years old and still have expectation of mommy and daddy taking care of you and your dreams, that is the reality of what you just wrote to this entire forum.
I would very carefully listen to some of the people that posted above, especially Gary's first post and hope that it sinks in. We all have dreams, but the reality is mommy and daddy will not be around to take care of you forever. You are still young and have time to get a great education and that could be in the music industry and you could be producing music for movies on the big screen, but it requires a lot of hard effort on your part, and no one else.
But also, it does require paying the rent or house payment, buying food, having a vehicle, auto insurance, health insurance, cellphone, cable T.V., taking your girl out for a nice dinner, buying music equipment and software and I think you get the picture by now, the list goes on and on.
Yes, dreams can be fulfilled, but not all dreams can become reality until you get your own life in order and into the right place and aren't relying on all these things that your parents are taking care of for you. Then work toward those dreams with some dignity and respect for everyone surrounding you in your life. This is my opinion and how you take it is entirely up to you.
Take responsibility on with a good heart, trust in the Lord and anything is possible if you truly work for it and believe in the skills and talents the Lord has given you. Hope you take this to heart and are understanding. Life is not easy and requires much from us all.

Peace and Blessings, John

Sonar X3 Studio, Acid Pro 7, Sound Forge Pro 9, Sonicfire Pro 5, Kinetic 2, Cinescore, HP Pavilion dv7, CORE i7, Q-740, 8gb Ram, Windows 7- 64 bit, 4 tb mem , Audiobox USB, Digitech GNX4, Gibson SG1 & SG3, Martin J65M, Washburn Custom Cumberland, 3 Marshall Amps, Casio 365 Keyboard, M-Audio Axiom AIR Mini 32,  Behringer Truth Monitors, Garritan Aria, EWQLCC, Alloy 2, Ozone 6, Melodyne 

http://www.soundclick.com/JohnRKennedy
michaelhanson
Max Output Level: -40 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3529
Re: RE: OT: Should I quit my job to focus on music? 2013/07/07 14:53:34 (permalink)
It looked to me like this thread was from 2008 and just suddenly started up again with out the OP???

Mike

https://soundcloud.com/michaeljhanson
https://www.facebook.com/michaeljhanson.music
iTunes:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/scandalous-grace/id1180730765

Platinum Lifetime, Focusrite 8i6 & 2i4, Gibson LP, ES335, Fender Strat, 4003 Rickenbacker
BMI
Kev999
Max Output Level: -36 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3922
Re: RE: OT: Should I quit my job to focus on music? 2013/07/07 15:43:42 (permalink)
MakeShift
It looked to me like this thread was from 2008 and just suddenly started up again with out the OP???

2007.  Somebody revived the thread in 2008 and got criticised for it even then.

SonarPlatinum(22.11.0.111)|Mixbus32C(4.3.19)|DigitalPerformer(9.5.1)|Reaper(5.77)
FractalDesign:DefineR5|i7-6850k@4.1GHz|16GB@2666MHz-DDR4|MSI:GamingProCarbonX99a|Matrox:M9148(x2)|UAD2solo(6.5.2)|W7Ult-x64-SP1
Audient:iD22+ASP800|KRK:VXT6|+various-outboard-gear|+guitars&basses, etc.
Having fun at work lately
Page: << < ..6789 Showing page 9 of 9
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1