Ocean Way Drums/Drum Masters Group Buy at esoundz - Update

Page: < 12345.. > >> Showing page 2 of 6
Author
bapu
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 86000
Re:It must be Drum Day - Ocean Way Group Buy at esoundz 2009/12/25 11:03:44 (permalink)
Fog

I bought it, Ed got more points.. does he ever return em though? lol

I guess we have to wait till the end to download.. but it isn't exactly transparent as it could be description wise IMHO.

Hey Fog,

Here's some points fer yer!

DKeenum
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 48
Re:It must be Drum Day - Ocean Way Group Buy at esoundz 2009/12/26 09:31:54 (permalink)
Download is on or before December 30th.  I think they are still working on the presets and scripts.

I remember Squids mentioning something about another drum kit for going over 500, but with Christmas, I don't think it has been clarified yet.  I'm sure it will be good.

We are at 434 right now.
ducatibruce2
Max Output Level: -79 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 557
Re:It must be Drum Day - Ocean Way Group Buy at esoundz 2009/12/26 19:10:48 (permalink)
Squids posted here http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=3911969#3911969

Okay, some further clarification on the extras so far for those that join this group buy.

The following are the things you can choose:

1. You can choose between Infinite Player (which you need to use the sounds of this group buy) OR if you already have it you can have a brand new Ludwig Jazz Kit (new stereo/quasi-multi version) instead.

2. You can choose between EZ Player Pro from our friends at Toontrack (this is not required at all for using this group buy but if you want a great tool for working with midi files then this is normally $50 on it's own! Nice freebie.) OR if you already have or don't need EZPP you can choose a Drum Masters Multitrack Kit instead. The kit offered will be a multi-track version of one of the stereo/quasi-multi kits in this group buy. Note that it will not be an Ocean Way Drum Multichannel kit! (I saw someone hoping for an OWD Kit # in MT - that can't happen as they are not encoded for the Infinite Player and a ton of other reasons). It will either be the JB Sonor Kit or the NDV Gretsch Kit. Those were all recorded during the sessions with John Blackwell (drummer for Prince) and Nick D'Virgilio (drummer for Tears for Fears and Spock's Beard).

The following are things that everyone gets (automatically, no choosing):

OWD Kit 10 Medium for Infinite Player This is great to have to complete the dry/medium/ambient options for at least one of the kits (Kit 10 which is one of my favorites). Then you can see what it is like to have Ocean Way Drums DL kits with the three mixes (dry, medium and ambient for each kit). This one is normally given away just as a demo to work with the OWD Player. So, it's nice to have it fully working for the Infinite Player and this group buy.

A Signature Snare from either the Pearl, Yamaha or Tama models done with famous drummers. At the moment it is still a mystery because I want to pick the one I like the best with the rest of the kits. I could pick it at random but I'd prefer to hear it in context of a hybrid kit... if you were curious why it was still a mystery. But I will let you know which one very soon! Can't go wrong since it is either going to be a Gadd, Copeland, Chambers or Weckl snare!!!

Over 100 Odd Grooves courtesy or Per at Odd Grooves (thanks Per!)

50 Hybrid Kits courtesy of El Squidsarino (but these may come a few days later since I can only do them after we make the changes that were requested such as the hi hat closed thing and the OWD/Infinite tweaks I mentioned for the effects which we're doing now). They're easy to add and super small downloads though. Plus, we're planning on doing a contest and tutorial for making your own which we'll share with everyone so you'll have even MORE creative Hybrid Kits from that if all goes well.

--------------------------------
I think that's everything so far up to the 400. So what happens if we hit 500? Okay, let's make it simple. You get ANOTHER Drum Masters Multitrack Drum Kit.

S8.5.3PE & X1d P Exp & X2P, Q6600 @3Ghz, 4GB DDR2, XP SP3
With Knobs: 2 x Yamaha i88x mlan (ASIO), RS7000, Motif ESR, Roland SI24, VSynth XT, Varios, Fantom XR, JunoD, HPD10, Korg PadKontrol
No knobs: P5, DimPro, Rapture, Z3ta+, IK stuff, ReCycle, Komplete8
wrenhunter
  • Total Posts : 38
Re:It must be Drum Day - Ocean Way Group Buy at esoundz 2009/12/27 10:44:21 (permalink)
Guys

This looks like a good value overall, but I'm not sure if it's for me. I have Sonar Producer 8.5, and I'm pretty happy with the sounds of the drum kits included. I am a guitarist/songwriter, not a drummer, so I'm mainly looking for different grooves/patterns and ways to make them sound better. Not into heavy drum programming or tweaking (though I do have an old Yamaha DD55 "kit" for playing live.)

Granted, the OWD kit samples I've heard on the esoundz page are excellent, but it sounds like this buy mainly involves new kits (with some bonus grooves thrown in). I think I might be better off with EZ Drummer or the like. Do I have it right?

Thanks.
bapu
Re:It must be Drum Day - Ocean Way Group Buy at esoundz 2009/12/27 10:47:59 (permalink)
Do I have it right?

Only if you want to save $99 and miss out on some pre-mixed kits.
Fog
  • Total Posts : 12302
Re:It must be Drum Day - Ocean Way Group Buy at esoundz 2009/12/27 11:40:52 (permalink)
I dunno why they don't just start let us downloading em. I mean we paid for em, and it'll help their servers not get the **** kicked out of them by 500 users downloading stupid meg'age of data.

bapu
Re:It must be Drum Day - Ocean Way Group Buy at esoundz 2009/12/27 12:03:30 (permalink)
My download page says they are not on the esoundz servers.
Jind
Max Output Level: -73 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 878
Re:It must be Drum Day - Ocean Way Group Buy at esoundz 2009/12/27 14:41:44 (permalink)
As Carly Simon once said.....

"Anticipation, Anticipation
Is making me late
Is keeping me waiting"

Just a few more days to go.

Jind

Sonar X2 PE, Cakewalk V Studio 100; Intel i7 w/ 16 GB Ram, MS Windows 8.1
DKeenum
Re:It must be Drum Day - Ocean Way Group Buy at esoundz 2009/12/27 16:20:06 (permalink)
It is hard to wait!  And with over 500 people wanting to download, it will still take some patience!   We stand at 454 right now, so I feel sure we will go over 500.
The Maillard Reaction
  • Total Posts : 31918
Re:It must be Drum Day - Ocean Way Group Buy at esoundz 2009/12/27 20:46:24 (permalink)
So you need infinite player?

How about if you have Kontakt?

It all seems confusing.

Fog
Re:It must be Drum Day - Ocean Way Group Buy at esoundz 2009/12/27 21:44:48 (permalink)
Mike.. you can use kontakt.. BUT to authorise it you have to use their browser intially and again I'm not sure if it's v4 or you can get away with 3.5

Fog
Re:It must be Drum Day - Ocean Way Group Buy at esoundz 2009/12/27 22:28:49 (permalink)
bapu

My download page says they are not on the esoundz servers.

yer I told them to change it to that, specifically for you only for being horrid to me :) .. that'll teach ya

joking aside it says the same thing for me, BUT we gotta download em from somewhere and I'm guessing it'll be partly from esoundz due to the bonus they are offering.. this also acts as a handy way to bounce the spammers down the list :)

The Maillard Reaction
Re:It must be Drum Day - Ocean Way Group Buy at esoundz 2009/12/28 09:34:46 (permalink)
Thanks Fog.

I just ordered a Komplete 6 upgrade so I look forward to Kontakt 4.

I also ordered a new small e drum trap kit setup that uses a USB/midi connection for use with soft drum samplers.

I'm excited to use the Jet City PD2 sample library and am wondering if there is something with this Ocean Way special that would also go nicely with the new setup.

It seems the special is for like one really good kit, a bunch of midi loops, and 50 hybrid mix and matched variations of drum mapping referencing a small collection of ok freebie kits?

It seems I have to have Infinite Player JUST to authorize the install of the wav data and use it in Kontakt? Is that true? I'm more interested in the Ludwig kit.

I'm mainly interested in really well matched (not mix and match hybrids) traditional sounding trap kits... how many kits like that do you get?

Thanks a bunch.

best,
mike
post edited by mike_mccue - 2009/12/28 09:44:56

Jind
Re:It must be Drum Day - Ocean Way Group Buy at esoundz 2009/12/28 09:43:05 (permalink)
mike_mccue

Thanks Fog.

I just ordered a Komplete 6 upgrade so I look forward to Kontakt 4.

I also ordered a new small e drum trap kit setup that uses a USB/midi connection for use with soft drum samplers.

I'm excited to use the Jet City PD2 sample library and am wondering if there is something with this Ocean Way special that would also go nicely with the new setup.

It seems the special is for like one really good kit, a bunch of midi loops, and 50 hybrid mix and matched variations of drum mapping referencing a small collection of ok freebie kits?

I'm mainly interested in really well matched (not mix and match hybrids) traditional sounding trap kits... how many kits like that do you get?

Thanks a bunch.

best,
mike

Mike,

These are the kits that are included - the mix and match capabilities allow you to take a drum from one kit and add it to another - that's why they call them hybrid kits.  But the main kits involved are the following (hope this helps you):

From the Ocean Way® Drums DL Series:
OWD Kit 1 Dry
A dry mix of Ocean Way® Drums Kit 1 which is a solid kit versatile for many styles. It’s based around a DW® set and like other Ocean Way Drum Kits it was recorded in the legendary Studio B at Ocean Way Recording in Los Angeles.
OWD Kit 2 Medium
A medium dry to ambient mix of Ocean Way® Drum Kit 2 which features a HUGE sounding kick and a snare that pops! Great for Hip Hop to R&B to Pop.
OWD Kit 4 Dry
A dry mix of Ocean Way® Drums Kit 4 with a very tight direct sound. In this bundle it is a great complement to the ambient mix (also included) so you can get an idea of what the full Ocean Way® Drums titles that feature 3 mixes (DL) or 6 preset mixes (Silver, Gold, Platinum) per drum kit are like.
OWD Kit 4 Ambient
As a contrast to the dry mix, this ambient mix of Ocean Way® Drum Kit 4 has the larger than life sound of Studio B which makes it massive and powerful. This features thwacky toms with good tone and very natural overtones on the snare drum.
OWD Kit 5 Medium
A great all around rock and pop kit based on a rare Premier® set. It is a medium dry to ambient mix of Ocean Way® Drum Kit 5.
OWD Kit 6 Ambient
Here’s another HUGE drum kit that takes advantage of the ambient room sound of Ocean Way® Drums. It is an ambient mix of Ocean Way® Drum Kit 6.
OWD Kit 8 Dry
A crystal clear upfront sounding drum kit, this is a dry mix of Ocean Way® Drum Kit 8.
OWD Kit 9 Dry
A flexible direct sounding mix of Ocean Way® Drum Kit 9 which features a Ludwig® set.
OWD Kit 10 Dry
One of many people’s favorite Ocean Way® Drum Kits is Kit 10. To complement the limited-time free Ocean Way® Drum Kit 10 medium mix, in this bundle we offer both the dry and ambient mixes as well. All together you get an example of the three dry, medium and ambient mixes per kit that you get in a product such as Ocean Way® Drums DL Edition.
OWD Kit 10 Ambient
This show the difference in sound between dry, medium and ambient mixes. A much larger drum sound featuring a blend of room mics in Studio B. This is an ambient mix of Ocean Way® Drums Kit 10.
OWD Kit 12 Dry
A flexible direct mix featuring a Gretsch® drum kit, this is a dry mix of Ocean Way® Drum kit 12. A very modern-retro sound with meaty toms.
OWD Kit 13 Medium
A very solid kit with a great blend of dry and ambient mics, this is a medium mix of Ocean Way® Drum Kit 13.
From the Drum Masters 2 Signature Drum Kit Series:
Drum Masters 2 NDV ST Gretsch® Kit
Recorded during the Nick D’Virgilio Drum Masters sessions, this sampled Gretsch® kit provided by Ross Garfield and Drum Doctors was designed to get a progressive rock “Bruford meets Collins” sound.
Drum Masters 2 NDV ST Premier® Kit (Dry)
Recorded during the Nick D’Virgilio Drum Masters sessions at Mower Studios in Pasadena, this is a dry mix for a more upfront direct sound of a mega power drum kit for progressive rock.
Drum Masters 2 NDV ST Premier® Kit (Ambient)
Recorded during the Nick D’Virgilio Drum Masters sessions this is a full ambient mix for a more upfront direct sound of a mega power drum kit for progressive rock. It features the room sound of Mower Studios which was designed by Kevin Gilbert (Toy Matinee, Thud) to be modeled after the Townhouse Studio in London where Peter Gabriel, Phil Collins and many other artists got large stone room drum sounds.
Drum Masters 2 Collins Kit
This is a Mower Studio recorded kit based on the Gretsch with a fat snare tailored in the style of Phil Collins.
Drum Masters 2 Duke Kit
This is a Mower Studio recorded kit based on the Premier with a deep snare tailored in the style of Phil Collins.
Drum Masters 2 Doctor Nirvana Kit
This kit features the same Tama® snare that was used on Nirvana’s Nevermind album as well as others such as Offspring and more. It was provided by Ross Garfield The Drum Doctor and recorded at Mower Studios in Pasadena.
Drum Masters 2 NDV ST Blasticks Kit
Recorded in Nashville with Nick D’Virgilio, this is a Mapex® drum kit played with Blasticks (Aka Hot Rods™) for a very earthy pop/folksy sound.
Drum Masters 2 JB Tama® Brush Kit
Recorded in Miami during the John Blackwell Drum Masters sessions this is a Tama® Star Classic Kit played with brushes for a jazz/pop sound.
Drum Masters 2 JB Session Sonor® Kit
An all around great sounding rock and pop kit recorded in Miami. A punchy medium ambient Sonor® kit with a modern acoustic sound.
Drum Masters 2 JB Sensitone Kit
A new kit featuring Pearl® Sensitone Snare with a medium ambient room sound.
Drum Masters 2 JB Danger Ogletree Kit
Ideal for hard rock, this kit really cuts through the mix and features edgy kick, snare and toms.
Drum Masters 2 JB Supraphonic Kit
Featuring a classic 60’s Ludwig® Supraphonic Snare, this kit works for both modern and retro drum sounds.
Drum Masters 2 JB Brady Deep
A deep sounding kit ideal for ballads and hard rock, recorded in Miami in a medium ambient room.
Drum Masters 2 Bonhm Ludwig® Kit
A classic Ludwig® kit recorded in the style of John Bonham of Led Zeppelin.
Drum Masters 2 Stairway Levee Kit
A second kit in the style of John Bonham which features an emulation of the ambient drum sound from Led Zeppelin’s 4th album. This drum kit is exclusive only to this collection.

Jind

The Maillard Reaction
Re:It must be Drum Day - Ocean Way Group Buy at esoundz 2009/12/28 11:36:58 (permalink)
Yes, that's exactly what I was hoping for... I just got back from surfing the Sonic Reality site and it is all making a bit more sense.

So is it true that I must have infinite player installed just to use the samples in Kontakt?

thanks,
mike

DKeenum
Re:It must be Drum Day - Ocean Way Group Buy at esoundz 2009/12/28 13:00:41 (permalink)
mike_mccue

So is it true that I must have infinite player installed just to use the samples in Kontakt?

thanks,
mike
Yes, but remember that the infinite player is included in the group buy.  I think we may see a lot of libraries going this way (Kontakt Player).  It's a form of copy protection.

BTW, we are now at 472 people.

yorolpal
  • Total Posts : 13829
Re:It must be Drum Day - Ocean Way Group Buy at esoundz 2009/12/28 13:13:40 (permalink)
And if you do have the infinite player (as I do) you get another drum kit instead.  The infinite player shows up in my K4 "libraries" tab and I can load them that way or just find the files and load them directly into K4.  One weird thing I've discovered with the original Drum Masters version one (which I got during last years group buy) is that while you can change all your individual drum instruments from IMap to GM you can't save them that way.  Which is kind of a PITA as should you want to map a particular kit for GM you have to go down each individual instrument and change it.  But all and all this is definitely a no-brainer (perfect for me:-)  $99 for all this??  Oh yea.

https://soundcloud.com/doghouse-riley/tracks 
https://doghouseriley1.bandcamp.com 
Where you come from is gone...where you thought you were goin to weren't never there...and where you are ain't no good unless you can get away from it.

SPLAT 64 bit running on a Studio Cat Pro System Win 10 64bit 2.8ghz Core i7 with 24 gigs ram. MOTU Audio Express.
Jind
Re:It must be Drum Day - Ocean Way Group Buy at esoundz 2009/12/28 16:40:36 (permalink)
Yes, just think of the "Infinite Player" as not a player, but the unlock key for the libraries included in this group buy.  You must have it.  If you had it from a previous purchase, then you could chose something else according to Dave (Squids), but if not you have to get it with this group buy (it is included by default).

Jind

Jind
Re:It must be Drum Day - Ocean Way Group Buy at esoundz 2009/12/29 12:17:54 (permalink)
Bump - we hit 500 today with a little over a day left.  Secured that bonus - Squids will announce the next "what you will get next bonus" at 550 or as he puts it "what you missed out on by falling short of 600" bonus.  It really is a great offer - jump on board my friends.

Jind

DKeenum
Re:It must be Drum Day - Ocean Way Group Buy at esoundz 2009/12/29 14:42:10 (permalink)
A group buy like this can get complicated, so Squids is compiling a "Ultimate Studio Drums Group Buy VITAL INFO THREAD”
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=3915662#3915662

It should help with the details.

Please ask questions here or on the main thread: http://www.kvraudio.com/f...torder=asc&start=0
ducatibruce2
Max Output Level: -79 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 557
Re:It must be Drum Day - Ocean Way Group Buy at esoundz 2009/12/30 05:35:10 (permalink)
As an added incentive Per from oddgrooves recently posted that GB participants are eligible for 50% off on the whole oddgrooves midi set (limited time offer). Details here http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=3916500#3916500

GB is currently at 553

S8.5.3PE & X1d P Exp & X2P, Q6600 @3Ghz, 4GB DDR2, XP SP3
With Knobs: 2 x Yamaha i88x mlan (ASIO), RS7000, Motif ESR, Roland SI24, VSynth XT, Varios, Fantom XR, JunoD, HPD10, Korg PadKontrol
No knobs: P5, DimPro, Rapture, Z3ta+, IK stuff, ReCycle, Komplete8
bapu
Re:It must be Drum Day - Ocean Way Group Buy at esoundz 2009/12/30 10:18:17 (permalink)
mike_mccue

Yes, that's exactly what I was hoping for... I just got back from surfing the Sonic Reality site and it is all making a bit more sense.

thanks,
mike

From the KVR forum:
You will need Infinite Player installed and Authorized to unlock ("Authorise") the sounds. After that you will be able to use the sounds in Infinite Player OR in Kontakt 3.5/4
yorolpal
  • Total Posts : 13829
Re:It must be Drum Day - Ocean Way Group Buy at esoundz 2009/12/30 10:34:58 (permalink)
Hey Bapu, I used yor name "Bapu" in the referral thing when I jumped on board last night. Will that work?

https://soundcloud.com/doghouse-riley/tracks 
https://doghouseriley1.bandcamp.com 
Where you come from is gone...where you thought you were goin to weren't never there...and where you are ain't no good unless you can get away from it.

SPLAT 64 bit running on a Studio Cat Pro System Win 10 64bit 2.8ghz Core i7 with 24 gigs ram. MOTU Audio Express.
bapu
Re:It must be Drum Day - Ocean Way Group Buy at esoundz 2009/12/30 10:44:31 (permalink)
yorolpal

Hey Bapu, I used yor name "Bapu" in the referral thing when I jumped on board last night. Will that work?

Yes it did. Thanks. This is really shaping up to be a pretty cool group buy.  I've only done two other group buys from esoundz (Sample Tank Rare & Vintage Bundle, T-Racks 3 Singles).

Also, thanks to anyone else who referred me (Fog?).
Fog
Re:It must be Drum Day - Ocean Way Group Buy at esoundz 2009/12/30 17:17:04 (permalink)
yer I did again,  yesterday when I bought something else.. even though your an ungrateful *cough* ;)

hhmm it's the 30th , but still the order for these drums isn't "complete"     
post edited by Fog - 2009/12/30 17:18:14
bapu
Re:It must be Drum Day - Ocean Way Group Buy at esoundz 2009/12/30 17:44:49 (permalink)
Fog

yer I did again,  yesterday when I bought something else.. even though your an ungrateful *cough* ;)

hhmm it's the 30th , but still the order for these drums isn't "complete"     

Thanks Fog I am so grateful to you for your referral. I am overjoyed to spend the $$ on yet more samples that you have so graciously given to me. You are the best, Fog. Whenever you refer me, your contribution seems to carry so much more weight than all the others (they're not listening are they?). You're the best, Fog. Did I say this alreday? Oh well, it just can't be said enough.

You're The Best, Fog.
mikey
Max Output Level: -82 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 404
Re:It must be Drum Day - Ocean Way Group Buy at esoundz 2009/12/30 18:29:34 (permalink)
Yep, this one is worth a bump just in case there are some unaware of this sweet deal...
A1MixMan
Max Output Level: -58 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1706
Re:It must be Drum Day - Ocean Way Group Buy at esoundz 2009/12/30 19:43:36 (permalink)
My first Group Buy. Seems kind of exciting. Can't wait to play some drums.

http://www.esoundz.com/details.php?ProductID=4118&refcode=USDNL2
Jind
Re:It must be Drum Day - Ocean Way Group Buy at esoundz 2009/12/30 20:20:58 (permalink)
A1MixMan

My first Group Buy. Seems kind of exciting. Can't wait to play some drums.

http://www.esoundz.com/details.php?ProductID=4118&refcode=USDNL2

It's like crack - once you get a little taste, they have you in the palm of your hand.  squids now owns your soul and you will find yourself participating in group buy after group buy.  j/k welcome to the fun.

Jind

Fog
Re:It must be Drum Day - Ocean Way Group Buy at esoundz 2009/12/30 21:41:35 (permalink)
Ed.. cut the green coloUr.. oh and BIGGER font next time.. don't let me tell ya again...

oh and WTF do I download these things.. it's the 31th here grr!!!

as nice as esoundz group buys are, their instructions on how to get downloads needs a bit of work.. except this time it's even more confusing..

Page: < 12345.. > >> Showing page 2 of 6
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1