Helpful ReplyPlease help me complete the X3 installation.

Author
Vas
Max Output Level: -88 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 112
2013/11/10 02:34:56 (permalink)

Please help me complete the X3 installation.

Hello,

Day three and going on day four installing Sonar X3 Producer. Well not full time but nevertheless hours trying to figure out what to do and what not to do. It has not been fun!

I realize that the cakewalk people want to make thing easy for us but for me this was not the case. I am sure everyone else had no issues at all installing X3 Producer. Perhaps I missed something in the instructions.

Yes I slowly found many answers but had to do hours of research to get them. I have installed many programs and none gave me the grief that I endured installing Sonar X3 Producer. I may be alone here but still had to express my feelings.

Questions:
I updated to X3b today. I was hopping somehow Dimension Pro would magically appear. Well it was not to be. So please help me install or find the Dimension Pro.  I also have the Addictive Drums installed as a standalone but it is not on the plug-in list in X3. I assume both the Dimension Pro and Addictive Drums are VST instruments. Desperate. Please help.

I also have Cubase 7, S1 2 and Reaper 4.5 as shown on my Signature so it is obvious I am making some comparisons. I am looking forward to working with X3 so your help will be greatly appreciated.

Sonar Platinum, S1 3, FL Studio 12, Cubase 7.5, Komplete 8, Waves Gold, Melodyne Studio 4, Windows 10 - 64bit, GIGABYTE GA-X58A-UD3R Rev 2, Intel Xeon W3690, 12GB RAM, 23" 10-touch ViewSonic and iPad Air as midi controller, iConnectMIDI2+, FireBox, Shuttle Pro2
mettelus
Max Output Level: -22 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 5321
Re: Please help me complete the X3 installation. 2013/11/10 02:47:56 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby Vas 2013/11/12 00:36:23
When you run X3, be sure to run as administrator (right click, run as administrator, and can also be set permanently by right clicking then properties and at the bottom of the "Compatibility" tab)

Launch X3 and under "Edit->Preferences->File->VST Settings" In that center section check "Rescan Failed Plug-ins" and "Rescan Existing Plug-ins" and do a manual scan. Can Also "Reset" before the scan, if the scan does not find them if needed.

Did you have them in X3a?

ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero (Wi-Fi AC), i7-8700k, 16GB RAM, GTX-1070Ti, Win 10 Pro, Saffire PRO 24 DSP, A-300 PRO, plus numerous gadgets and gizmos that make or manipulate sound in some way.
Vas
Re: Please help me complete the X3 installation. 2013/11/10 03:04:29 (permalink)
mettelus
When you run X3, be sure to run as administrator (right click, run as administrator, and can also be set permanently by right clicking then properties and at the bottom of the "Compatibility" tab)

Launch X3 and under "Edit->Preferences->File->VST Settings" In that center section check "Rescan Failed Plug-ins" and "Rescan Existing Plug-ins" and do a manual scan. Can Also "Reset" before the scan, if the scan does not find them if needed.

Did you have them in X3a?

I am the Administrator so that is not the issue.

I took you advice and did everything you mentioned even the reset.  Still cannot find Dimension Pro and Addictive Drums.

Same issue in X3a

Sonar Platinum, S1 3, FL Studio 12, Cubase 7.5, Komplete 8, Waves Gold, Melodyne Studio 4, Windows 10 - 64bit, GIGABYTE GA-X58A-UD3R Rev 2, Intel Xeon W3690, 12GB RAM, 23" 10-touch ViewSonic and iPad Air as midi controller, iConnectMIDI2+, FireBox, Shuttle Pro2
mettelus
Re: Please help me complete the X3 installation. 2013/11/10 03:07:48 (permalink)
Okay, Dimension Pro is its own download files (check your Cakewalk account for the link in your X3 downloads). Addictive drums is installed via an online installer. You get your redemption code from your CW store account, and there is also a small text file giving you the link to create your XLN account.

Here is the content of that file:

XLN Audio Addictive Drums Installation Instructions:
A full license for XLN Audio Addictive Drums is included with your SONAR X3 Producer purchase. The installer, however, is not hosted by Cakewalk and is available as a separate download from XLN Audio. The computer you are installing Addictive Drums on must be connected to the internet in order to install.
To download XLN Audio Addictive Drums please go to: http://www.xlnaudio.com/install and enter your Product Key. You will find the product key you need to provide XLN Audio from your Cakewalk Store account listed under “My Registered Products”.

ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero (Wi-Fi AC), i7-8700k, 16GB RAM, GTX-1070Ti, Win 10 Pro, Saffire PRO 24 DSP, A-300 PRO, plus numerous gadgets and gizmos that make or manipulate sound in some way.
Living Room Rocker
Max Output Level: -77 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 675
Re: Please help me complete the X3 installation. 2013/11/10 03:42:48 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby Vas 2013/11/12 00:37:39
Hi Vas,

Although mettelus' suggestion regarding Administrative rights may not apply, if you are using Windows 8 I strongly assert that you do this as well.  (Your signature info is not showing in your post.)  It is not enough that your Windows User profile is set as an/the Administrator, but that the program's Privilege level is also set to "run as admin".

Also make sure that you have included the folders where your "missing" plug-ins have been installed to the folder list in the VST scan Folders section.  You may also want to uncheck the Hide and Replace VST 2 plug-ins options.  Then rescan your VST's.

Since you have already run through the install process several times, I won't suggest installing DPro by itself.  Run DPro in standalone mode and register it from there.  At this point both DPro and AD should be showing up in your plug-in list.  If not, go to the Plug-in Manager via Manage Layouts from the Browser|PlugIns drop down menu.  Look in the third column to the right to find DPro and AD in that list.  If so you are good to go.  If either is not showing click on "VST Instruments" under the Plug-in Categories column at the far left.  Now check to see if DPro and AD are listed in the second/center column, "Registered Plug-ins".  If they are present, add them to the third column where desired using the buttons just to the left of the third column.  Now save that layout.  You will have to choose that layout within the Plugin Browser and they will now be available to you there.  

If the above does not cover it, get back to us.

Kind regards,

Living Room Rocker

Kind regards, Living Room Rocker
robert_e_bone
  • Total Posts : 8968
Re: Please help me complete the X3 installation. 2013/11/10 05:41:29 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby Vas 2013/11/12 00:37:57
I can confirm the following:

1.  Dim Pro is a separate install
2.  Installation of Sonar needs to EXPLICITLY be done using the 'Run As Administrator' option, NOT just launching the installer from a user account that has administrative privileges.  TO properly launch the Sonar installer, you can either right-click on the installer and click on Run As Administrator, or you can permanently alter the properties of the installer program to always be Run As Administrator - by going into the Advanced tab in the properties for the installer, and setting the option for it to always Run As Administrator.
3.  It is also VERY important to temporarily turn off or suspend all antivirus software while downloading the Sonar installation files, AND during installation.
4.  If trying to uninstall and install a given release of Sonar again, it is very important to not only run the uninstaller for Sonar, but to also delete that Sonar release's registry keys and delete any hidden folder data for that Sonar release.  If you need assistance with that, please post back and I will provide details on the steps to completely remove all traces of a particular release of Sonar.
5,  Once Dim Pro is installed, you must get it registered, and the interactive registration process REQUIRES Dim Pro to have been launched with Run As Administrator option.  (if launching Dim Pro in stand-alone mode to register, right-click on its icon and click Run As Administrator, or if launching Dim Pro to register it from within Sonar, you must launch Sonar with Run As Administrator, to get the correct privileges to complete the registration process).

I will keep an eye on this thread, and will try to assist you as best I can, with getting your Sonar installation stabilized.

Bob Bone

Wisdom is a giant accumulation of "DOH!"

Sonar: Platinum (x64), X3 (x64) 
Audio Interfaces: AudioBox 1818VSL, Steinberg UR-22
Computers: 1) i7-2600 k, 32 GB RAM, Windows 8.1 Pro x64 & 2) AMD A-10 7850 32 GB RAM Windows 10 Pro x64
Soft Synths: NI Komplete 8 Ultimate, Arturia V Collection, many others
MIDI Controllers: M-Audio Axiom Pro 61, Keystation 88es
Settings: 24-Bit, Sample Rate 48k, ASIO Buffer Size 128, Total Round Trip Latency 9.7 ms  
Vas
Re: Please help me complete the X3 installation. 2013/11/10 18:21:10 (permalink)
Hello,

Sorry I took a while to respond. Power outage today the fault of the Duke Power.

I clicked on and got a security warning no to open so I did not. Had difficulty with all the links. I downloaded I believe the 11 files and then installed.

I assume this took care of everything except for the Addictive Drums. Apparently this is not the case?
01_Read_This_First_SONAR_X3.exe:
02_SONAR_X3_Producer.part1.exe:
02_SONAR_X3_Producer.part2.exe:
02_SONAR_X3_Producer.part3.exe:
02_SONAR_X3_Producer.part4.exe:
03_Loops_And_One_Shots.part1.exe:
03_Loops_And_One_Shots.part2.exe:
03_Loops_And_One_Shots.part3.exe:
04_Dimension_Pro_1_5_Setup.exe:
04_Dimension_Pro_1.5_Expansion_Packs.zip:
05_XLN_Audio_Addictive_Drums_Download_Instructions.rtf:
SONAR_X3c_Producer_Update:

I am beginning to see things more clearly. I totally blew the installation. I should have done 10 installations. Correct? I did only the “02_SONAR_X3_Producer.part1.exe:” and the separate Addictive drums.

The Addictive drums it seems works as a standalone.  I entered both the product key and registration code. I just cannot find in the VSTi list. I also pointed the path to the Addictive drums but that did not help.

SONAR_X3c_Producer_Update: It says to do a X3c update but I did a X3b update. I also screwed that up.

My Sonar X3 Producer seems to be working just fine. Granted I have only just touched the surface so I do not know what lies underneath.

I will re respond to Mettelus, Living Room Rocker and Bob Bone tonight after my new attempt to resolve the issues using your suggestions.

robert_e_bone
Re: Please help me complete the X3 installation. 2013/11/10 20:09:22 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby Vas 2013/11/12 00:38:10
There are a few things to note here.

1.  Here is the link to the download/install instructions for X3:  http://cakewalk.com/support/kb/pages/x3_download_installation_instructions.aspx

2.  When the above page loads, there is a link that will expand the page to include an explanation of what the downloaded files contain.  Click on the link for the version of X3 you have, and it will add that expanded text to the page for you to read.  This will help you understand what runs what in the installation process.

3.  During normal installation, once the Read This First installer finishes, it will have put some read me doc out there for you, and some other files.  I believe the installation documentation says that the install will automatically start after you run the Read This First, but I do not believe it actually does kick off the Part 1.  I seem to recall kicking off the Part 1 installer manually, and it automatically does its thing and then auto-runs the Part 2 and the Part 3 installers.

4.  The Loops And One Shots first installer will install part of that set of things, then it will auto-launch the other Loops And One Shots installers (2 and 3).

5.  Dim Pro is its own installer.  Please note that if you had Sonar 8.5.3 or later installed already, then you are most likely already running Dim Pro 1.5, which has not changed, so if Dim Pro 1.5 is already installed, then there is no need to run this installer, as nothing has changed.  NOTE that if you DO run the Dim Pro installer, then when it runs for the first time after installation, it will require registration to complete, and the registration process REQUIRES that Dim Pro be running either as a plugin in Sonar where Sonar was launched EXPLICITLY with the Run As Administrator option, or you can run Dim Pro in stand-alone fashion, but here also you MUST launch it with the Run As Administrator option set (right-click the icon for Dim Pro and either just click on Run As Administrator, or if you want to permanently set it to Run As Administrator you can right-click on the icon to open the properties window, then click on the Advanced tab, then check the box for Run As Administrator, then click Apply and all that then you can back out of properties and run Dim Pro to complete the registration process.

6.  IF you already had Dim Pro 1.5 installed, you also do not need to run the installer for the Dim Pro expansion packs.  If you did not have Dim Pro previously installed, and installed it as part of your X3 installation process, then you should run the Dim Pro expansion packs installer.  I always run all of these installers with the Run As Administrator option set.

7.  I believe the Melodyne installation kicked off during the X3 install, and required the creation of an online account with them - just follow the prompts for all of that.

8.  I have not yet installed the Addictive Drums.  It has its own installation process - I cannot guide you on this, until I do it for myself.

There are additional freebies available for you to download and install.  Here is the link for a free audio effect Audio FX 1: http://www.store.cakewalk.com/b2cus/ProductInfo.aspx?productid=35-CWF11.02-10E

Here is the link to download the free Audio FX 2:  http://www.store.cakewalk.com/b2cus/ProductInfo.aspx?productid=35-CWF21.01-10E

Here is the link to download the free Audio FX 3:  http://www.store.cakewalk.com/b2cus/ProductInfo.aspx?productid=35-CWF31.01-10E

Here is a link to a page that explains the free VKFX VST and Pro Channel effect you get through November 30, for picking up X3 Producer - this page also explains how to get the promo code and redeem it to download it: http://www.store.cakewalk.com/b2cus/ProductInfo.aspx?productid=30-ODVD1.00-20E

Here is the link to download the free Square 1 synth:  http://www.store.cakewalk.com/b2cus/ProductInfo.aspx?productid=35-CWSQ1.40-20E

Here is the link to download the free SFZ+ Professional Sound Font Player:  http://www.store.cakewalk.com/b2ceuro/ProductInfo.aspx?productid=35-CWSZ1.40-20E

I think that's all the freebies, and pretty much all I know about the installs.

I hope some of the above is helpful, 

Bob Bone

Computers: 1) i7-2600 k, 32 GB RAM, Windows 8.1 Pro x64 & 2) AMD A-10 7850 32 GB RAM Windows 10 Pro x64
Settings: 24-Bit, Sample Rate 48k, ASIO Buffer Size 128, Total Round Trip Latency 9.7 ms  
mettelus
Re: Please help me complete the X3 installation. 2013/11/10 23:56:37 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby Vas 2013/11/12 00:38:30
+1

Since the SONAR installation files are so massive, another thing I recommend (especially to folks who have issues downloading those files to begin with) is verify the MD5 hash of those files prior to an install. Here is a thread on that. This will verify the files you have are the ones one the server.

Follow Bob's advice above. The instructions will walk you through things, and I think this thread has gotten everything else.

As far as going forward...

I do not believe the Reference Guide is in the install, but can be gotten here http://www.cakewalk.com/Support/product.aspx/SONAR-X3 It is a massive (2094 page) pdf, but is searchable, so can find things pretty quickly.

Also stick around the forum. When you post, a nice descriptive title and detailed content will often get you quick results.

Please keep us updated on your progress!

chuckebaby
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 13146
Re: Please help me complete the X3 installation. 2013/11/11 00:09:55 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby Vas 2013/11/12 00:38:36
yes.. no need to install every single one,
just these, those will install the others.
(right click/run as administrator/install the software)

02_SONAR_X3_Producer.part1.exe: (this includes rapture and Melodyne)
03_Loops_And_One_Shots.part1.exe: (extra content, not necessary but good to have0
04_Dimension_Pro_1_5_Setup.exe: (to register this, right click/run as administrator: From desktop)
04_Dimension_Pro_1.5_Expansion_Packs.zip:
05_XLN_Audio_Addictive_Drums_Download_Instructions.rtf: (downloads from XLN audio's site)
SONAR_X3c_Producer_Update: (not necessary but should be installed)

Windows 8.1 X64 Sonar Platinum x64
Custom built: Asrock z97 1150 - Intel I7 4790k - 16GB corsair DDR3 1600 - PNY SSD 220GB
Focusrite Saffire 18I8 - Mackie Control

Vas
Re: Please help me complete the X3 installation. 2013/11/11 02:02:27 (permalink)
Hello,
I certainly appreciate the expert and immediate help I received. I am very fortunate to be among you. For the record I have spent 20 hours on this already so I hope there is a light at the end of the tunnel. I am an intermediate computer user, not a wiz.  

Ok, I now follow the run as administrator advice on installs.
Q: Do I need to open Sonar as run as administrator?

Melodyne I did not install as I have the full version and I had it seems it is working properly.

Addictive Drums it seems is a 32 bit program. It is working as a standalone. I entered both the product key and registration code. I just cannot find it in the VSTi list. I also pointed the path to the Addictive drums but that did not help. I misplace the Registration Code. I have all the other codes in a safe place but forgot to save the AD.
Q: how do I get the AD to show in the VSTi list.
Q: How do I find the Registration Code? I have the Product key.

Ok Dimension Pro is installed and working as a SA and VSTi. The Multisamples got installed.
and the 1.5 Expansion Packs. Does not ask where to save it. Most of the installs do not ask where to install.

Q: If I get the OK from you I will update to X3c.

Q: Delete all the installation files?

Lots more work to get the freebies, but the price is right so do not want to pass them up. Also will download the Reference and Users Guide.

Lucky for me I did not need the MD5 hash whatever that is. Yes it is explained but still do not know.

Again I am very grateful for the accurate, fast and friendly advice. I cannot ask for more from this forum.

mettelus
Re: Please help me complete the X3 installation. 2013/11/11 02:17:52 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby Vas 2013/11/12 00:38:47
Vas
Ok, I now follow the run as administrator advice on installs.
Q: Do I need to open Sonar as run as administrator?
Answer: Yes, always run X3 as administrator (this can also be set permanently by right clicking then properties, and at the bottom of the "Compatibility" tab)

Melodyne I did not install as I have the full version and I had it seems it is working properly.

Addictive Drums it seems is a 32 bit program. It is working as a standalone. I entered both the product key and registration code. I just cannot find it in the VSTi list. I also pointed the path to the Addictive drums but that did not help. I misplace the Registration Code. I have all the other codes in a safe place but forgot to save the AD.
Q: how do I get the AD to show in the VSTi list.
Q: How do I find the Registration Code? I have the Product key.

Follow the link to XLN Audio, you actually make an account with them to claim your product (via their online installer)
XLN Audio Addictive Drums Installation Instructions:
A full license for XLN Audio Addictive Drums is included with your SONAR X3 Producer purchase. The installer, however, is not hosted by Cakewalk and is available as a separate download from XLN Audio. The computer you are installing Addictive Drums on must be connected to the internet in order to install.
To download XLN Audio Addictive Drums please go to: http://www.xlnaudio.com/install and enter your Product Key. You will find the product key you need to provide XLN Audio from your Cakewalk Store account listed under “My Registered Products”.

Ok Dimension Pro is installed and working as a SA and VSTi. The Multisamples got installed.
and the 1.5 Expansion Packs. Does not ask where to save it. Most of the installs do not ask where to install.

Q: If I get the OK from you I will update to X3c.
I would recommend this, many issues with X3c are minor, and do not affect the plug-ins that came with X3.

Q: Delete all the installation files?
I recommend storing them "just in case." This will save you having to download them again.

Lots more work to get the freebies, but the price is right so do not want to pass them up. Also will download the Reference and Users Guide.

Lucky for me I did not need the MD5 hash whatever that is. Yes it is explained but still do not know.
As long as it installed, no worries, can blow this one off.

Again I am very grateful for the accurate, fast and friendly advice. I cannot ask for more from this forum.

mettelus
Re: Please help me complete the X3 installation. 2013/11/11 02:39:08 (permalink)
Just realized I misspoke about X3c... one ProChannel module (Console Emulator) has an X3c bug where it can hum if used on a mono audio track, and the spectral analyzer on the ProChannel EQ (pop-out) can zero itself.

Both of these can be "solved" by disabling the 64-bit Double Precision Engine in Preferences->Audio->Driver Settings (3rd row from the top).

Vas
Re: Please help me complete the X3 installation. 2013/11/11 21:41:35 (permalink)
Hello,

Firstly. I updated to Sonar Producer X3c. Went very smooth.

I have tried all the suggestions to get Addictive Drums to appear on the VSTi list. The stand alone works fine and it states that it is authorized but my name is not displayed. Is this typical? Yes I do have an account with XLN. Do I need to point to the dll or move the dll to a VST folder?

How do I find the Registration Code for AD? I have the Product key but somehow forgot to save the registration code.

BTW do 32bit VST’s need special attention or Sonar automatically wraps them to 64bit?

Learned one more thing about the "Compatibility" tab to make it permanent. This is the only program that I have done this to. Thanks.

To do list:
Point to my third party VST’s and VSTi’s and check that they are working properly.
Download Manuals and guides
Download Freebies.
Go over preferences. Any suggestions here? 
What else?
Make music!!!

mettelus
Re: Please help me complete the X3 installation. 2013/11/12 01:36:13 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby Vas 2013/11/12 02:09:48
Vas
I have tried all the suggestions to get Addictive Drums to appear on the VSTi list. The stand alone works fine and it states that it is authorized but my name is not displayed. Is this typical? Yes I do have an account with XLN. Do I need to point to the dll or move the dll to a VST folder?

Check Edit->Preferences->File->VST Settings and look at the scan paths there. Addictive Drums should be in the c:\program files\cakewalk\Vstplugins\ folder (by default). The paths I have for that list are:

c:\program files(x86)\cakewalk       
c:\program files(x86)\cakewalk\vstplugins        (32-bit plug-ins)
c:\program files\cakewalk               
c:\program files\cakewalk\vstplugins                 (64-bit plug-ins)
c:\program files\common files\vst3\                  (Melodyne)

First check "Rescan Failed Plug-ins" and "Rescan Existing Plug-ins" then hit the "Scan button" and see if that finds Addictive Drums for you. If not, search for "Addictive Drums.dll" and if it is not in your "VST Scan Path" add that directory to it and repeat the scan.

Subjacent made a really helpful post to set X3 folks up with Addictive Drums at this thread. http://forum.cakewalk.com/FindPost/2899224 He not only threw in a drum map, but track templates for easy use and threw in some other niceties.

It has been so long now that I forget how XLN's download works, but think their installer was all I did. If you are still having issues, try contacting them directly. Folks have said they are pretty responsive.
post edited by mettelus - 2013/11/12 02:01:09

mettelus
Re: Please help me complete the X3 installation. 2013/11/12 01:54:31 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby Vas 2013/11/12 02:11:23
As far as preferences, I think the defaults will suffice for starting easily. The only suggestions to that are these:

1) Disable the 64-bit Double Precision Engine (Preferences->Audio->Driver Settings)
2) Set the VST Scan to "Scan at Startup" (Edit->Preferences->File->VST Settings)
3) Optimize your system to stream audio (also recommended whenever you do system changes). The X3 Demo Project is good for this (mute the last mix down track instead of soloing it, so the rest are being played)

Latency Monitor - There is a free utility (home version) which will allow you to verify your system can process real-time audio data. http://www.resplendence.com/latencymon (then "Free Downloads" on the left, and "LatencyMon" in the "System Monitoring Tools" section)

Tailoring DAW buffers:
There is some tailoring that needs to be done between the audio buffer and the I/O buffers. I had my ASIO buffer too high the other day and FastBikerBoy sent me back a nice PM on this:

Start with the ASIO buffer at 128 (Preferences->Audio->Driver Settings->ASIO Panel...), and I/O buffers at 512 (Advanced Mode: Preferences->Audio->Synch and Caching)
  1. Set preferred audio buffer.
  2. Start playback.
  3. If it drops out or other issues adjust I/O buffers. Try 512 for both as a starting point.
  4. Repeat steps 2 & 3. Try adjusting buffers both up and down until happy. 256 jumps should do.
  5. If after trying all sizes up to 1024 you still have issues go back to step 1 and increase audio buffer.
  6. Repeat as necessary until you find the "magic" combination for your setup.
   I was having a repeatable dropout and this was because the I/O buffers were way too high. The 128 audio and 512 for I/O was the "magic" combo for me (then). I just shifted to a nicer audio interface, so redid this and now 48 audio and 512 for I/O is the new "happy medium" for this test.

mettelus
Re: Please help me complete the X3 installation. 2013/11/12 03:10:26 (permalink)
If totally new to the X-series. The Tutorials in the Reference Guide (start on page 99) is a good place to start. Spend some time learning the controls and what they do, and walk through the steps of the "doing" without so much concern for "making" first. This time investment will save you a lot of grief later. As you become proficient, the mechanics will become second nature and knowing what tools you have available will "click" when you think of something you want to do.

Then when you start creating, start with small tasks. And build on them as you need to learn more specific things. At that point you may hit specific "snags" that are not readily answered and is a perfect use for this forum. The more detailed the title is, the easier it is for folks who know the issue to chime in on it.

Vas
Re: Please help me complete the X3 installation. 2013/11/16 01:17:26 (permalink)
Mettelus, Bob Bone and Charlie Roy,

I found the "Addictive Drums.dll" in the Steinberg VST folder. I put it in my VST folder where I keep my VST’s.
Success!!! 

1. Q: Can I use the Addictive Drums, Dimension Pro, Z3ta+, Rapture and all the other cakewalk VST’s in Cubase, S1 and Reaper?

2. Q: I have all 14 data folders and the Project folder on a separate Data drive which I occasionally back up to another Drive. is this typical?

3. Q: Having a problem moving the Cakewalk content folder.

4. Q: Are the sample files part of the download version? I read this somewhere. I cannot find them.

On the two Free! - Cakewalk Audio FX 1 Download and Free! - Cakewalk Audio FX 3 Download they are “Out of serial numbers”
5. Q: Am I out of luck?

Trying to Install VKFX Delay - VST & ProChannel and got to the “New activation with License File” where I am asked to browse for *.olr  or *or2. Use the Windows Explorer but had no luck finding either one of the files. This did not help: .
6. Q What should I do. I am ready to throw in the towel on VKFX and all of Cakewalk. If it takes another 30 more hours I will burn my License in protest. Yes I am a little frustrated. Looks like I am alone here with so many hours to set up. Hey I finally broke a world record, unfortunately not one I am proud of. 

There are still a few more items that need to be taken care of to complete my set up so I hope you stick around to help.

mettelus
Re: Please help me complete the X3 installation. 2013/11/16 07:53:09 (permalink)
Vas
1. Q: Can I use the Addictive Drums, Dimension Pro, Z3ta+, Rapture and all the other cakewalk VST’s in Cubase, S1 and Reaper?
I think the only thing you cannot use from X3 is the Nomad Factory BT suite, that is tethered to SONAR X3 (or newer).

2. Q: I have all 14 data folders and the Project folder on a separate Data drive which I occasionally back up to another Drive. is this typical?
Yes, I keep the project files on a magnetic hard drive (HDD). Backups are very important of this data to another drive for sure!

3. Q: Having a problem moving the Cakewalk content folder.
I moved this folder to the magnetic hard drive as well. You may need to have X3 closed when you move the original folder manually. In Edit->Preferences->File->Folder Locations, I first reassigned each folder with "Cakewalk Content" in it to my F drive. Then close X3 (so it releases the files it is using), and manually move the c:\cakewalk content folder to that drive. Then reopen X3, and should be fine.

4. Q: Are the sample files part of the download version? I read this somewhere. I cannot find them.
The only file I got specifically was the X3 Demo file which can be found on the support page. This file is a great one to use to tailor your DAW buffers for smooth playback (mute the final mixdown track instead of soloing it, for this test/tailoring).

On the two Free! - Cakewalk Audio FX 1 Download and Free! - Cakewalk Audio FX 3 Download they are “Out of serial numbers”
5. Q: Am I out of luck?
I did not download these until Bob posted his points and have the same message. In reality, these are very old plug-ins, and many have been superseded, so you will not actually "miss" them.

Trying to Install VKFX Delay - VST & ProChannel and got to the “New activation with License File” where I am asked to browse for *.olr  or *or2. Use the Windows Explorer but had no luck finding either one of the files. This did not help: .
6. Q What should I do. I am ready to throw in the towel on VKFX and all of Cakewalk. If it takes another 30 more hours I will burn my License in protest. Yes I am a little frustrated. Looks like I am alone here with so many hours to set up. Hey I finally broke a world record, unfortunately not one I am proud of. 
The VKFX Delay is another one where CW only gives you the registration number. I opened X3, inserted the delay, and worked through the registration via the buttons on the plug-in. Once done, it registered itself, so I have no clue where that file went (if you download manually, I suggest saving to your desktop, so you can find it quicker).

There are still a few more items that need to be taken care of to complete my set up so I hope you stick around to help.
This forum is loaded with helpful folks, and many are significantly more knowledgeable than I! Be sure not to vanish from here when you are set up (as I did)... simply reading the posts here can add a lot of insight to things you would never even consider on your own. As far as "stick around," I am not going anywhere, this is a wonderful community to be a part of

robert_e_bone
Re: Please help me complete the X3 installation. 2013/11/16 08:41:29 (permalink)
Howdy - so where do things stand now with your installation?

Bob Bone

Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1