Rapture Pro now in CCC

Page: < 123 > Showing page 2 of 3
Author
jih64
Max Output Level: -75 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 797
Re: Rapture Pro now in CCC 2015/04/28 17:12:48 (permalink)
Almost done, time for some fun, went smooth as a babies bum.

I don't think that all my expansion packs show up in CCC as shown in a pic above, I assume all Rapture and Dim Pro packs are supposed to show up ?
Dan Gonzalez [Cakewalk]
Administrator
  • Total Posts : 395
Re: Rapture Pro now in CCC 2015/04/28 17:16:24 (permalink)
cecelius2
If we already have DimPro and the previous Rapture (with Expansions) loaded, do we need to download them anew for Rapture Pro first install, or will Rapture Pro find the previously installed multisamples?   My download speed is so slow it may take days to do the complete; so I hope I can just download the new content.

From the CCC you can skip the first three packs and individually install everything else below those if you already have the legacy stuff on your computer.

Hope this helps!
-DG
Doktor Avalanche
Max Output Level: -32.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 4294
Re: Rapture Pro now in CCC 2015/04/28 17:27:26 (permalink)
Doktor Avalanche
Next problem...

Still at "Installing Legacy Content Pack Vol 2" for 15 mins now...

It's probably still installing but how can I tell without any sort of progress bar just something that whirls around like a cylon helmet 

Anderton
You should be able to see a percentage readout of the installation process:

FYI Craig..

You get the download percentages fine.
You then get a progress bar for validating the downloaded file, and copying the files across.

Then all you get is "Installing [package name]" afterwards until it's done. There is no progress indicated at all at this stage. This is a design flaw that needs to be rectified.

I've managed to get it all installed now except Vol 2, I am patiently waiting again for this to complete with no idea of progress, at least the hard drive lights are mostly flashing this time so fingers crossed...
Doktor Avalanche
Re: Rapture Pro now in CCC 2015/04/28 18:25:07 (permalink)
Still running, the vol2 RAR file that gets extracted really maxes system resources to the point where you can't even move windows around with a mouse without a severe delay.

I've found a way to track progress... well sort of...  go here...:

C:\Users\[User Account Name]\AppData\Local\Temp\RarSFX2\Data\App\Multisamples\

and you will see files (slowly!) being moved around in real time... At least we can see that something is happening here...
Doktor Avalanche
Re: Rapture Pro now in CCC 2015/04/28 18:41:17 (permalink)
gustabo
If you moved it away from the default location, you'll probably have issues with all installers that install vst3's. AFAIK, that is the default location for windows 64bit according to the vst3 specs.

Anderton
Noel would have the definitive answer, but I think that is the "Steinberg really really really recommends this location very strongly" location and not part of the spec. I've noticed a lot more companies are deciding on using the Common Files for this kind of thing instead of the "C:\users\abusers\documents\things and stuff\roaming\stationary\in transit\hidden secret stuff" folder.

As I stated it totally ignored the custom VST3 path I set, here is a screenshot of it in the CCC.

At least I've finally got it installed...  but what a really horrible process it was. Onwards...

Thanks. 
Doktor Avalanche
Re: Rapture Pro now in CCC 2015/04/28 19:00:16 (permalink)
Right....

Now I'm running this thing, it seem to be a very good synth but

No file management anywhere....!!!

No settings area which shows the file paths to the samples.
When you load up a sample impossible to tell where it is on the disk.
When I hit "Load Preset" or "Save Preset" it just goes to the Windows documents folder by default.

Seriously ... 

However I'm sure there is great fun to be had with the synth itself (haven't gone through that) - but I just can't believe the basics are still missing...

Let's summarise this again.

1) Ignores custom VST3 path in CCC. You have to move it manually afterwards.
2) Vol2 sample pack takes forever to install, allow maybe 3 hours, no progress bar so you will be clueless.
3) There is still no way to move PROG files around, they are stuck there unless you start using symbolic link hacks.
4) Inside the app itself when loading and saving stuff it does not default to anywhere sensible.
5) There are NO file management features for samples whatsoever!!
6) The legacy samples haven't been cleaned up, they are still chucked into the parent folder.

Very poor... service pack please...!!

On the plus side at least finally I can use this synth now.... let's make some music...
I wonder if old Dim Pro and Rapture bugs are still floating around..
post edited by Doktor Avalanche - 2015/04/28 19:08:08
Anderton
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 14070
Re: Rapture Pro now in CCC 2015/04/28 19:13:42 (permalink)
FWIW I've installed plenty of programs over the years that will not even allow installation unless there was  folder named "Vstplugins." If there wasn't, they would create it. I consolidate all my plug-ins in one folder but its name is Vstplugins.

Doktor Avalanche

Then all you get is "Installing [package name]" afterwards until it's done. There is no progress indicated at all at this stage. This is a design flaw that needs to be rectified.

I don't think there is a design flaw. There are two progress bar screens, the first shows extraction progress...

Then after the extraction progress screen, there's another progress bar that shows each WAV file as it's being installed...

Right after the progress bar goes all the way to the right, installation is complete and you get the "click to continue."

I presume what happened is you clicked on the command center so the splash screen was pushed behind. If this happens in the future, note that when the splash screen is present, you'll see a second command center icon in the taskbar. Click on this one to bring the progress indicator screen to the front.

The first 3 books in "The Musician's Guide to Home Recording" series are available from Hal Leonard and http://www.reverb.com. Listen to my music on http://www.YouTube.com/thecraiganderton, and visit http://www.craiganderton.com. Thanks!
Doktor Avalanche
Re: Rapture Pro now in CCC 2015/04/28 19:31:09 (permalink)
Craig

Please understand it is very frustrating at my end that after having this dreadful experience that you are attempting to convince others that it is all my mistake or that this isn't an issue... it's sad.

I didn't accidentally click anything, I installed every single pack one by one. I installed Vol2 pack twice. I am not lying to you and would I have accidental clicked anything for every single pack?

Others will confirm the issue later I'm sure.

Well it looks like what I fully explained got deleted so let me explain again in better detail anyway....

1) The file is downloaded, we see a progress bar in CCC.
2) The file is validated, we see a progress bar.
3) We then see various files getting moved across and extracted, we see a progress bar.
4) After that it then it just stays at installing, where the progress bar is it flips from left to right like a cylon helmet, where the progress bar is, it's just an animation though, no indication of progress. In the case of volume 2 this happened for hours.
5) Eventually we get "Click to continue".

You just demonstrated steps 1 to 3 + 5. Not step 4.

I hope Cakewalk is listening, this is not an attack, I'm just saying what I am seeing, if you wish to tell me this is all my fault, or I'm just doing it wrong - it's sad.
post edited by Doktor Avalanche - 2015/04/28 19:39:18
Doktor Avalanche
Re: Rapture Pro now in CCC 2015/04/28 19:33:34 (permalink)
So within about 10 minutes I got this...

Load up "Majestic" in Digital Sound Factory Symphonic Strings HD. It works in Dim Pro but silence within Rap Pro. Other samples work (I haven't checked all of them yet of course)... Anybody experience the same?

Anderton
Re: Rapture Pro now in CCC 2015/04/28 19:40:42 (permalink)
Doktor Avalanche

1) Ignores custom VST3 path in CCC. You have to move it manually afterwards.

Well, there's a specified path as part of the VST3 spec, so it doesn't seem too unusual that if you don't follow the spec and Cakewalk does you'd need to do a manual move. Although I guess if they let you move it, maybe the CCC could know that (assuming you moved it after installing via the CCC) and act accordingly.

2) Vol2 sample pack takes forever to install, allow maybe 3 hours, no progress bar so you will be clueless.

Out of curiosity I timed installation here, it was 12 minutes including download, extraction and installation. Regarding the progress bar, as mentioned in the previous post is was probably behind a window.

3) There is still no way to move PROG files around, they are stuck there unless you start using symbolic link hacks.

I'm almost 100% sure this is correct. As to (4), I think once you tell Rapture Pro where you want to save stuff it will remember but maybe that will go away after I turn my computer off. Someone from Cakewalk will need to address your other issues.

The first 3 books in "The Musician's Guide to Home Recording" series are available from Hal Leonard and http://www.reverb.com. Listen to my music on http://www.YouTube.com/thecraiganderton, and visit http://www.craiganderton.com. Thanks!
subtlearts
Max Output Level: -53.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2200
Re: Rapture Pro now in CCC 2015/04/28 19:46:11 (permalink)
well it was a whole heck of a lot longer than 12 minutes on my admittedly rather old and somewhat underpowered machine, but it did finish and does seem to work and most content is in place. The exception (well the one I've found so far) seems to be my Galbanum Piscis Rapture expansion which is listed but none of the programs make any sound. Not urgent for the moment, I can use them in Rapture, but I'd love to have them in Pro so as to consolidate, that being one of the points of all this.

tobias tinker 
music is easy: just start with complete silence, and take away the parts you don't like!
tobiastinker.com
aeosrecords.com
soundfascination.com
Sonar Platinum, a bunch of other stuff...
Doktor Avalanche
Re: Rapture Pro now in CCC 2015/04/28 19:57:27 (permalink)
Jeeze sorry Craig but you keep repeating yourself as though you don't read my posts...

Please stop banging on about the VST3 path as though it is ignored by design, check again the screenshot below...

If it's by design then how come I can specify the path in CCC? Yes I do know the Steinberg recommendations but that isn't the point is it looking at this screenshot? This path I have specified HAS BEEN IGNORED - AND Why do I have to write this again? 

In regards to the no progress bar issue (e.g. vol 2), PLEASE STOP TELLING ME IT WAS BEHIND A WINDOW!!! I did it many times and of course did ALT- TAB and checked this sort of thing out I'm not dumb and stupid. Apologies for the capitals but this is the second time I told you this - did you actually read my post? I saw all those progress bars you have shown me this happened afterwards. I have explained very carefully what happened why not engage with that rather than just rewrite and state your experiences.

I suspect you are using the same hard drive as the OS for your multisamples and that's why you don't see the issue. I believe it downloads, validates and extracts on the C drive (from a RAR archive). That all works fine.

However if your multisample folder is on a different drive it then moves the extracted files across which can take a long time depending on the hardware. There is no progress bar when this happens and it can take ages. If it's on the same hard drive it will take seconds and you won't see the issue. Well that's my theory, and that's why you probably are not seeing the problem.

Apologies for my frustration but rather than engaging in my issue it appears you are attempting to make it looks like I'm the one at fault, and I'm not liking it. I'm happy to admit my mistakes but this isn't one of them.
jih64
Max Output Level: -75 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 797
Re: Rapture Pro now in CCC 2015/04/28 20:03:30 (permalink)
Yes, there are progress bars and indications at every step of the way, they are just there, what can I say. As for the time to install, well it's nowhere near 3 hours, including downloading. I downloaded the files manually to my laptop, then transferred them to my PC, then placed them in the ccc's download folder, then installed one by one, not the 'install all' route, so after every individual item installed ccc went through it's checking for updates etc, so for 16 items that's an extra approx 15 minutes, and it was nowhere near 3 hours, lucky if it was an hour and a half from start to finish.

It runs like a dream, fast, beautiful, love it.

[edit] my samples are on a different drive also
cecelius2
Max Output Level: -61 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1494
Re: Rapture Pro now in CCC 2015/04/28 20:09:32 (permalink)
Rapture Prp (64bit Standalone) is not seeing my DimPro multisamples (which are all working fine in Dimpro).  Is there a F5 rescan like there was in DimPro, or is there a way of pointing Rapture Pro to the Dim Pro multisamples that are already loaded?

[EDIT:  I somehow got Rapture Pro to recognize my previously installed DimPro multisamples.  I found where they were located and made a shortcut to that folder; then I placed that shortcut in with the Rapture Pro Multisamples.  It worked, or at least it is now working.  Not sure if this is what got it working, but it is for now.]
post edited by cecelius2 - 2015/04/28 21:56:36

SteveStrummerUK
  • Total Posts : 31112
Re: Rapture Pro now in CCC 2015/04/28 20:11:57 (permalink)
Doktor Avalanche
So within about 10 minutes I got this...

Load up "Majestic" in Digital Sound Factory Symphonic Strings HD. It works in Dim Pro but silence within Rap Pro. Other samples work (I haven't checked all of them yet of course)... Anybody experience the same?

I haven't had chance to do a thorough check yet, but the Les Paul Gold Top pack samples don't appear to be there. It's obviously recognised them as they appear in the browser, but none of the individual programs is working:

They are still working perfectly if I open them in Dim Pro though.

I followed the automatic installation process with Rapture Pro, and I'll be honest with you, I have absolutely no idea whatsoever how to sort this out

Music:     The Coffee House BandVeRy MeTaL

subtlearts
Max Output Level: -53.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2200
Re: Rapture Pro now in CCC 2015/04/28 20:12:38 (permalink)
Well so far it seems rather resource-hungry, slow to load initially and sometimes slow to load a patch. I'm going to shut down and give the computer and my brain a rest and see if things are more responsive after a fresh start...

tobias tinker 
music is easy: just start with complete silence, and take away the parts you don't like!
tobiastinker.com
aeosrecords.com
soundfascination.com
Sonar Platinum, a bunch of other stuff...
Anderton
Re: Rapture Pro now in CCC 2015/04/28 20:19:46 (permalink)
Doktor AvalanchePlease understand it is very frustrating at my end that after having this dreadful experience that you are attempting to convince others that it is all my mistake or that this isn't an issue... it's sad.

I'm not doing that at all!!! I'm simply reporting my experience. There were progress bars and I took pictures of them. I'm sure you're not lying to me, and I have no doubt you experienced what you experienced. However that is not what I experienced, and the screen shots don't lie either.

Just to be clear I think you know what you're doing, you make lots of great comments, and contribute a lot to this forum. Hopefully by reading what follows you can understand why your initial posts had me "barking up the wrong tree" of progress bars.

The real problem in the communications is I didn't actually understand what your problem was. Your post #11 ("It's probably still installing but how can I tell without any sort of progress bar just something that whirls around like a cylon helmet") and again #19 ("impossible to tell if it's working or not... not much hard drive activity and the folders don't seem to be getting any larger, and no progress bar either - it's a guessing game..") referred to progress bars not being shown, so that's what I keyed in on and that was the problem I attempted to address. 

Either you did not post or I missed the crucial information quoted below. If I'd seen that, I would NOT have gone on the progress bar tangent.

3) We then see various files getting moved across and extracted, we see a progress bar.
4) After that it then it just stays at installing, where the progress bar is it flips from left to right like a cylon helmet, where the progress bar is, it's just an animation though, no indication of progress. In the case of volume 2 this happened for hours.

You just demonstrated steps 1 to 3 + 5. Not step 4.

Now I understand what  your problem was. But step 4 never happened to me so I wouldn't have known to look for it unless it was spelled out, like you just did.

I'm just saying what I am seeing, if you wish to tell me this is all my fault, or I'm just doing it wrong - it's sad.

PLEASE, I didn't say you did anything wrong. I didn't say you lied. I said "I don't think there's a design flaw" and "I presume it's because..." as in guess, but that guess was wrong because I didn't have all the data when I responded. I understand you've had a frustrating time, but if you read what I wrote without the overlay of frustration, I hope you'll realize I addressed a problem I thought you had rather than one you actually had. All I was trying to do was come up with an explanation for what I thought you experienced so if others encountered the same issue, they wouldn't have to go through the same frustration.

I also tested Expansion Pack 2 not to show you're "lying,"or to invalidate your experience, but to find out if it was reproducible. It wasn't, so unfortunately that greatly complicates finding a solution.

Oh well. I certainly don't mean to be critical of you at all, I just wanted to solve the problem I thought you had.

Doktor Avalanche
Re: Rapture Pro now in CCC 2015/04/28 20:23:20 (permalink)
Just to be super clear with my scenario

a) Package files are downloaded from CCC onto a folder on drive D.
b) Multisamples folder etc is on drive D
c) Operating system is on drive C which is where all the exaction from a RAR seems to take place. e.g. C:\Users\[User Account Name]\AppData\Local\Temp\RarSFX2\Data\App\Multisamples\

3) We then see various files getting moved across and extracted, we see progress bars, all as Craig says.

I believe step 4 is where the extracted samples are being moved from C drive to D drive. There is NO progress bar for this, well to be clear the progress bar just shows a left to right animation with no indication of progress.

Most people with default install will just briefly see (4) right at the end before they see "Click here to continue" because there isn't much going on for them if the files are on the same drive (windows just quickly points the files at different file paths). However I have validated that files are being moved across from the C drive (C:\Users\[User Account Name]\AppData\Local\Temp\RarSFX2\Data\App\Multisamples\) to the D drive at this stage for users who have the multisamples folder away from their C drive...

Apologies for my frustrations but this is very real I promise you!
post edited by Doktor Avalanche - 2015/04/28 20:29:47
Doktor Avalanche
Re: Rapture Pro now in CCC 2015/04/28 20:26:42 (permalink)
If anybody gets a chance could they check #39?
Looks like almost all the Digital Sound Factory Symphonic samples I have (given away free a while back) don't work.
Thanks..
post edited by Doktor Avalanche - 2015/04/28 20:32:57
Anderton
Re: Rapture Pro now in CCC 2015/04/28 20:45:17 (permalink)
Doktor Avalanche
Jeeze sorry Craig but you keep repeating yourself as though you don't read my posts...

Please stop banging on about the VST3 path as though it is ignored by design, check again the screenshot below...

I don't necessarily think it's ignored by design, and don't recall saying that...just that it's probably designed to go to the "default," and that's that. I did say "Although I guess if they let you move it, maybe the CCC could know that (assuming you moved it after installing via the CCC) and act accordingly." But I don't know code, which is why I didn't express certainty. If some flag gets deposited somewhere, then as I said, "maybe the CCC could know that...and act accordingly." It don't think it's that different from what you're saying.

In regards to the no progress bar issue (e.g. vol 2), PLEASE STOP TELLING ME IT WAS BEHIND A WINDOW!!! I did it many times and of course did ALT- TAB and checked this sort of thing out I'm not dumb and stupid. Apologies for the capitals but this is the second time I told you this - did you actually read my post?...I have explained very carefully what happened why not engage with that rather than just rewrite and state your experiences.

Please look at the sequence of posts, I wrote the one about presuming it was behind a window before your post that explained you actually did see progress bars. At the time I wrote the reply, all I had to go on was posts #11 and #19, which were very specific about NOT seeing progress bars. The only reason I mentioned it a second time, which was indeed after your detailed post, is apparent if you look at the time stamps...you posted 4 minutes before I posted mine. I didn't see your post because I had started writing my post 12 minutes earlier, when I started timing the download. When the download was finished I wrote down the time that it took and then hit the "Submit Post" button - so it ended up AFTER your post, even though I had started writing it well BEFORE your post. I couldn't have seen your post before submitting because the page doesn't refresh while you're still writing.

I suspect you are using the same hard drive as the OS for your multisamples and that's why you don't see the issue. I believe it downloads, validates and extracts on the C drive (from a RAR archive). That all works fine.

However if your multisample folder is on a different drive it then moves the extracted files across which can take a long time depending on the hardware. There is no progress bar when this happens and it can take ages. If it's on the same hard drive it will take seconds and you won't see the issue. Well that's my theory, and that's why you probably are not seeing the problem.

Now we're getting someplace! I tested this on my laptop (haven't left work yet, and yes, it's 7:40 PM here) and the samples are on the C drive because, well, it's a laptop. I'll be installing on my desktop when/if I ever get home and will see if I encounter the same issues.

Apologies for my frustration but rather than engaging in my issue it appears you are attempting to make it looks like I'm the one at fault, and I'm not liking it. I'm happy to admit my mistakes but this isn't one of them.

I understand your frustration however if you look at the time stamps on the posts, you'll see I was engaging in your issue...but only the issues I'd read about in the posts up to that point, not the later one that contained crucial information needed to understand the problem. It's not just audio interfaces and cell phones that have latency issues 

Anderton
Re: Rapture Pro now in CCC 2015/04/28 20:48:30 (permalink)
And I suppose some of this could have been done by PM, but I think it's an excellent example of how misunderstandings can occur through no fault of either party - but simply because if you're writing something and don't know additional data is being presented, your answer is going to be totally out of context because the context changed while you were writing.

Doktor Avalanche
Re: Rapture Pro now in CCC 2015/04/28 21:02:15 (permalink)
The issue is engagement to be honest Craig - if you need more detail then ask me for it, writing what is happening at your end just waters down what I have written at my end and means I have to keep repeating the same thing over and over. If you need more detail then please ask me for it. I did supply more detail when I thought more about what could be going on, but it would have been far better to have engagement with what I had written than have engagement with what you had written - it get's confusing as I'm the guy with the issue...

Anyway never mind... I hope Cakewalk is taking full note of the issues I have presented...

So apart from #39 where samples are not working (if somebody could validate?) there also appear to be some UI concerns maybe I'm missing some things here...

1) It's really hard to tell which bank has been selected "Rapture Pro", "Dimension Pro", "Expansion Pack", when they are selected it's just slightly brighter, but it really isn't at all obvious. I don't see any other indicators.

2) Sadly when you make the window larger the UI does not expand with it, so we still have to cope with scrollbars (urgh!). It's obvious that the UI for patch browsing is based on the Kontakt interface, with Kontakt you can at least do that.

3) If I search for a program, let's say "Atmosmere", and then I want to go patch browsing again, I have to delete what I typed in first. Then I have to click the mouse elsewhere. Really fiddly. There is no X button or something to quickly get rid of it. Is there a shortcut I'm missing?

4) There really should be a file browser tab like in Kontakt, for the moment we just have a basic browser library.
post edited by Doktor Avalanche - 2015/04/28 21:11:38
SimpleManZ
Max Output Level: -87 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 157
Re: Rapture Pro now in CCC 2015/04/28 21:04:15 (permalink)
Some presets are not working.
To be clear all of my Cake Synths are in original defaults on the C:/ drive.
For the not working presets, I see the ELEMENTS are blank.
That being is: The multisamples ,SFZ, WAV, FLAC...whatever, needed to play the preset sounds are not filled in Rap Pro.
Perhaps I can bring up 'old Dim Pro' and try filling these myself by doing a file by file comparison and copy.
The Hollywood Edge FX is dead. I think I will use the USER directory of Rap Pro to see.............as a start.
post edited by SimpleManZ - 2015/04/28 22:00:34
Geo524
Max Output Level: -78 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 647
Re: Rapture Pro now in CCC 2015/04/28 21:11:26 (permalink)
Dan Gonzalez [Cakewalk]
From the CCC you can skip the first three packs and individually install everything else below those if you already have the legacy stuff on your computer.

Hope this helps!
-DG

Good to know. Thanks Dan.

Win 10 x 64; CbB; SPlat; MixCraft 8 Pro; AMD FX4130, 3.8 GHz; DDR3 32 GB Ram; Focusrite Scarlett 18i20; SSD 1TB, 2 x 1TB and 1 x 640 GB HDD; Mackie HR624 Monitors, KRK G2 Rockit 5's, Dual HP S2331 23" Monitors
Music and SFX 
http://www.radiosparx.com/georgeandmarguerite

TomHelvey
Max Output Level: -80 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 537
Re: Rapture Pro now in CCC 2015/04/28 21:24:45 (permalink)
Installing it now, I'll deliver my scathing review in a few hours. :p

System: i7-6900, 64Gb, AMI X99 Carbon Pro Gaming, AMD Radeon HD 7700, Win 10 Pro
PCIe: UAD Octo
USB: MOTU midi express 128, OB-6 Module, Akai MPK-249, Moog SUB 37, Antelope Orion 32 HD, Softube Console 1, iLok, eLicenser
DAW: Cubase Pro, Ableton Live, Sonar Platinum
Plugins: Waves, UAD, Xfer, Lennar Digital, u-he, Reveal Sound, Spectrasonics, SoundToys, VPS, Blue Cat, iZotope, NI, Valhalla, Lexicon, etc.

https://soundcloud.com/thomas-helvey
Doktor Avalanche
Re: Rapture Pro now in CCC 2015/04/28 21:29:37 (permalink)
Well at least the instruments and programs look impressive, but there are some serious flaws sadly, I really do hope these get addressed very soon....

1) Installation as has been discussed in detail, summarised in #38, #35 and #14.
2) The browser ain't great summarised in #52.
3) Some programs don't seem to work summarised in #39. Maybe an issue as well in #53.
4) Sample file management is basically still non existent. We are unable to manage file paths (hard to tell well the samples actually are), and there seems to be no settings area for file paths to point to.
5) When saving or loading files it defaults to an irrelevant location (pity it can't be defined in the settings).

So sorry to state all this, it appears all the effort was on the instruments and probably the patches themselves - they look great - and at least we can make music, but really it needs a lot more polish for a "paid for" 2015 synth thingy..

All is not lost though, I hope a service pack comes out that addresses these issues. I am still a Cakewalk fan.
Gregmang
Max Output Level: -59.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1592
Re: Rapture Pro now in CCC 2015/04/28 21:31:23 (permalink)
Apologies if this has been asked elsewhere but how do we register it after dl and install ?  It shows a funky serial number that is NOT the serial number in CCC and at times runs in demo mode with audio gaps.

Thx in advance.,
Doktor Avalanche
Re: Rapture Pro now in CCC 2015/04/28 21:42:41 (permalink)
Gregmang
Apologies if this has been asked elsewhere but how do we register it after dl and install ?  It shows a funky serial number that is NOT the serial number in CCC and at times runs in demo mode with audio gaps.

Thx in advance.,

Just a FYI I just installed from CCC and didn't do anything else, so this is weird.
My serial number in the VST is the same as in CCC. So to confirm it seems like you are definitely not registered.
Doktor Avalanche
Re: Rapture Pro now in CCC 2015/04/28 21:50:30 (permalink)
Just looked at the documentation...

Demo mode
If you have not authorized Rapture Pro in the Cakewalk Store (or on Steam), Rapture Pro will function in Demo mode.

The following restrictions apply to Demo mode:

 Rapture Pro will randomly output silence at different intervals.
 Only a limited number of programs are installed.
 Rapture will reference the Dimension Pro and Rapture 1 multisample locations.
 The About Box shows “Demo” instead of your username and serial number (click the Rapture Pro logo in the top panel to open the About Box).

Maybe "click the Rapture Pro logo in the top panel to open the About Box" ?

Doktor Avalanche
Re: Rapture Pro now in CCC 2015/04/28 21:57:54 (permalink)
Found another issue - this one is trivial...

1) Go to Z3TA+2, load up a sample and click on the silver keyboard below. Click the same note several time in quick succession - observe how responsive it is (works well).

2) Do the same with Rap Pro - there seems to be something going on whereby it's not as punchy - everytime you stop playing with the mouse something is updating which delays the response of the next mouse click.

Also another reported installation issue here:
http://forum.cakewalk.com...tall-all-m3213470.aspx
post edited by Doktor Avalanche - 2015/04/28 22:06:53
Page: < 123 > Showing page 2 of 3
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1