AnsweredSoftube Console 1 Integration - I might jump ship...

Page: < 123 > Showing page 2 of 3
Author
Dreamstation
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 45
Re: Softube Console 1 Integration - I might jump ship... 2016/04/09 21:48:06 (permalink)
Anderton
Agreed...I wonder how many "my DAW doesn't work with Windows 10" comments in other forums relate to PACE issues and not the DAWs themselves?

[Oh, and Dreamstation - I realized that scook deleted the post to which I replied. If you didn't see that post, then I totally understand why you didn't know what I was referring to.]

OK, that explains it then.  Things were going so much nicer now that I didn't want to mention that I still didn't get it, I thought it best just to move on.  Apologies for my earlier, difficult attitude.

Resonant Serpent
Max Output Level: -81 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 463
Re: Softube Console 1 Integration - I might jump ship... 2016/04/09 22:50:11 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby Vastman 2016/04/09 23:42:43
Noel Borthwick [Cakewalk]
There is a bug in PACE that causes an instant crash if the plugin is run in a host that reports that it is Windows 10 compatible. For this release we actually had to make a work around to change SONAR's manifest to NOT report Win 10 compat because of this very issue, otherwise all Softube plugins would crash unless run in compatibility mode. I reported this to Softube and they said its a known bug in PACE that they will be resolving soon.

I've spent all week installing four different hosts and hundreds of plugins after upgrading to Windows 10. Sonar Platinum has proven to be the most stable host out of all of them, and I'm willing to bet this kind of thinking is why. I know that S1 knew about the problem, but continued to blame Softube and did nothing about the problem while you've implemented a work around. Thank you.

A deep chesty bawl echoes from rimrock to rimrock, rolls down the mountain, and fades into the far blackness of the night. It is an outburst of wild defiant sorrow, and of contempt for all the adversities of the world. - Aldo Leopold
Cakewalk Staff
  • Total Posts : 6475
Re: Softube Console 1 Integration - I might jump ship... 2016/04/10 00:22:27 (permalink)
Fun indeed. We wasted two days tracking down that one since we couldn't figure out what was causing the random crashing. It turned out that simply setting the application manifest to report windows 10 compatibility with no other changes causes PACE to through a fit. We needed that because in Windows 10 an app cannot query the windows version accurately without this

Noel Borthwick
Senior Manager Audio Core, BandLab
My Blog, Twitter, BandLab Profile
backwoods
Max Output Level: -49.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2571
Re: Softube Console 1 Integration - I might jump ship... 2016/04/10 00:32:56 (permalink)
That may explain why my softube effects crash Ableton... I agree resonant that sonar is least susceptible to 3rd party vst weirdness. only ones that do anything strange for me now are the steinberg ones-- pots move in circular rather than linear fashion. interestingly they don't work properly in nuendo 4 either (first vst3 host, from steinberg) but work as expected in latest nuendo.

pwalpwal
Max Output Level: -43 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3249
Re: Softube Console 1 Integration - I might jump ship... 2016/04/10 08:26:55 (permalink)
John T
So, going back to the OP, it seems there are three new functions here. There might be more, but that's all I can see in the video. And they are: direct control of the DAW pan pot, direct control of the DAW fader, and ability to insert a send.

Just my opinion, but that doesn't seem all that decisive to me. You can already control level and pan in Console One on any DAW it works with, albeit in a sort of jury-rigged way. But the practical difference when mixing is minimal-to-none.

Ability to insert a send is reasonably nice, I suppose, but I do wonder if it's a significant time-saver.

Not knocking it; good work to Softube for continuing to enhance Console One, and good work to Presonus for being quick off the mark supporting such features. But for me personally, I'm not going "holy smokes, it's a whole new 

The three things you list are trivially done with control surface integration.

go on then, implement that trivial thing! genuinely surprised to see this comment given the history of cs integration, or lack thereof, with sonar...

just a sec

John
Forum Host
  • Total Posts : 30467
Re: Softube Console 1 Integration - I might jump ship... 2016/04/10 09:21:09 (permalink)
I think its fair to say that because CW has one of the very best forums and that CW listens to the members here that much of the issues other DAWs have is bypassed. Its the membership and CW working together that has built a profoundly stable DAW.

Just an observation. 

Best
John
Resonant Serpent
Max Output Level: -81 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 463
Re: Softube Console 1 Integration - I might jump ship... 2016/04/10 10:42:14 (permalink)
backwoods
That may explain why my softube effects crash Ableton... I agree resonant that sonar is least susceptible to 3rd party vst weirdness. only ones that do anything strange for me now are the steinberg ones-- pots move in circular rather than linear fashion. interestingly they don't work properly in nuendo 4 either (first vst3 host, from steinberg) but work as expected in latest nuendo.

Yep. The Pace bug is affecting Ableton.

https://www.ableton.com/en/help/article/ilok-windows-10/

There should be an option to switch between linear and circular in Cubase/Nuendo, but I don't remember where it is. I had to give up on Cubase because Omnisphere 2 is my synth of choice along with Reaktor, and it crashes Cubase hard. I managed to crash the program six times with 10 patch changes. I keep it around for the chord track and other midi functions that I export out to Cubase, but it's too unstable for everyday work. Ran through several hundred patches while rating them the other day in Sonar, and there was never a glitch.

A deep chesty bawl echoes from rimrock to rimrock, rolls down the mountain, and fades into the far blackness of the night. It is an outburst of wild defiant sorrow, and of contempt for all the adversities of the world. - Aldo Leopold
mdages
Max Output Level: -88 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 139
Re: Softube Console 1 Integration - I might jump ship... 2016/04/11 10:02:06 (permalink)
The video posted by the op don't really explain the integration to Studio One. It shows some features that still could be done be regular VST integration. I assume they integrate it with the new Mix-FX architecture of S1, that makes it unnecessary to put in the Console 1 plugin to each seperate channel. A Mix-FX plugin can automaticalle communicate with each channel and allows thinks like crosstalking.
This is really new and exclusive to Studio One 3.2.x.

I don't expect something similar to Sonar very soon. But maybe Cakewalk do a speach with Presonus to get the same new plugin architecture, like it was with ARA.

But, an integration of Console 1 to Sonar is still present. Not as easy to do like in S1, you have to put in the plugin on each channel manually, but overall it works the same.

If this one more seamless integration thing is a reason to leave Sonar and jump on to Studio One, ok, never stop travelers.

As a user working with both, Sonar (primary) and Studio-One, I can tell you will miss so many other of this nice Sonar things if you change over.

-Markus

music is just a sequence of sounds...
Sonar Platinum -> R.I.P (Shame on Gibson)
Cubase Pro 9.5
Windows 10 x64 German
Core i7, 12GB RAM - 5 TB HDD/SSD
Focusrite Saffire Pro 24
Studiologic Acuna 88
VSL VE-Pro with windows slave computers
thornton
Max Output Level: -86 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 222
Re: Softube Console 1 Integration - I might jump ship... 2016/04/11 16:32:06 (permalink)
What does sonar do and not do with console 1
John
Forum Host
Re: Softube Console 1 Integration - I might jump ship... 2016/04/11 18:13:21 (permalink)
I think what Console 1 does is control Softtube plugins that are written for it to control. It should work fine in Sonar. What the question is how important are those plugins integrated in a DAW. With Studio One 3.2 they have added a Mix Console that is part of and on a low level with the audio engine. Its like a patch point deep into the audio engine. We have yet to see if this setup has any noticeable usefulness to the end user.

Sonar has Pro Channel while it is not deep within the audio engine it has many of the features being touted by Presonus for their Mix Console. Personally I am not all hat enthused by analog modeling. They are talking about adding crosstalk and noise. These are things that were a huge problem in the analog world before digital came along. Now in order to "improve" the sound of digital developers are coming out with all sorts of retro analog characteristics that to me are something to be avoided and are only popular because many young people have no clue what the sound of analog really was.

So I am very skeptical about this trend. I see it as nowhere else to go thus they go back. Digital has reached a point where it is so good and the various hardware and software is so good there is very little room for improvement. Therefore why not model all the nasty things that analog had and call it the "great" analog sound to sell more digital gear and software.    

Just my 2 cents.       

Best
John
Cakewalk Staff
Re: Softube Console 1 Integration - I might jump ship... 2016/04/11 18:31:26 (permalink)
mdages
The video posted by the op don't really explain the integration to Studio One. It shows some features that still could be done be regular VST integration. I assume they integrate it with the new Mix-FX architecture of S1, that makes it unnecessary to put in the Console 1 plugin to each seperate channel. A Mix-FX plugin can automaticalle communicate with each channel and allows thinks like crosstalking.
This is really new and exclusive to Studio One 3.2.x.

I don't expect something similar to Sonar very soon. But maybe Cakewalk do a speach with Presonus to get the same new plugin architecture, like it was with ARA.

But, an integration of Console 1 to Sonar is still present. Not as easy to do like in S1, you have to put in the plugin on each channel manually, but overall it works the same.

If this one more seamless integration thing is a reason to leave Sonar and jump on to Studio One, ok, never stop travelers.

As a user working with both, Sonar (primary) and Studio-One, I can tell you will miss so many other of this nice Sonar things if you change over.

-Markus

It's simple an extension that allows a vst plugin to talk back to the host and set mixer states. Not that complicated. I'm trying to get more info if isn't proprietary well consider it.

Noel Borthwick
subtlearts
Max Output Level: -53.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2200
Re: Softube Console 1 Integration - I might jump ship... 2016/04/11 19:01:42 (permalink)
John
... Personally I am not all hat enthused by analog modeling. They are talking about adding crosstalk and noise. These are things that were a huge problem in the analog world before digital came along. Now in order to "improve" the sound of digital developers are coming out with all sorts of retro analog characteristics that to me are something to be avoided and are only popular because many young people have no clue what the sound of analog really was.

So I am very skeptical about this trend. I see it as nowhere else to go thus they go back. Digital has reached a point where it is so good and the various hardware and software is so good there is very little room for improvement. Therefore why not model all the nasty things that analog had and call it the "great" analog sound to sell more digital gear and software.    

For sure that's a huge part of it, just the marketing. If I have one super clean, neutral, precise digital EQ, with an excellent UI, what is the motivation to buy 10 more of them? or 100 more? They will all sound pretty much exactly the same. But if each of those 100 claims to add another flavour of elusive 'magic' from some rare analog box from decades ago, then maybe I really do need as many as I can afford, or likely somewhat more. 

To an extent, OK, the analog modelling thing was an answer to having thrown out the baby with the bathwater with digital early on - yes it was clean and stable and the noise floor was negligible, at least once we got past the early teething problems of bad converters and aliasing and jitter and so on - but it was also kind of bland and boring, and there was a kind of 'vibe' that high-quality analog gear used to have (alongside its plethora of problems) that was genuinely missing. So it kind of made sense to say hey, maybe we could get back some of that warmth and tone, without the problems, through modelling. And yes, the early attempts were rough around the edges and they have gotten better over the years. 

But then it became a thousand-headed hydra of marketing to get us to believe that all we really need to turn our productions into million-selling masterpieces was the latest greatest compressor - not the last latest greatest one we bought last month but This Month's Model (see what I did there?). It's really not. If I can't make a track sound great with any of the 25 compressors I already have, 20 of which I never use and have more or less forgotten that I have, what are the odds that another one is going to turn a donkey into a unicorn? Maybe it's just not a great sounding track, and I should try again with another mic, or better placement, or (wait for it) better playing and/or singing... 

tobias tinker 
music is easy: just start with complete silence, and take away the parts you don't like!
tobiastinker.com
aeosrecords.com
soundfascination.com
Sonar Platinum, a bunch of other stuff...
mettelus
Max Output Level: -22 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 5321
Re: Softube Console 1 Integration - I might jump ship... 2016/04/11 19:22:21 (permalink)
Digital has gotten so good that it exceeds the ability of the human ear already, and so clean that noise generators are created to sound more realistic. It is disconcerting that technology alone is considered the definitive good/bad discriminator (in so many things), but this marketing gimmick has gone on for decades already.

ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero (Wi-Fi AC), i7-8700k, 16GB RAM, GTX-1070Ti, Win 10 Pro, Saffire PRO 24 DSP, A-300 PRO, plus numerous gadgets and gizmos that make or manipulate sound in some way.
John
Forum Host
Re: Softube Console 1 Integration - I might jump ship... 2016/04/11 19:30:10 (permalink)
I don't agree with everything you are saying Tobias but I do agree with the vast majority of it. 

Best
John
thornton
Max Output Level: -86 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 222
Re: Softube Console 1 Integration - I might jump ship... 2016/04/11 22:28:49 (permalink)
oh it only controls soft tube plugins not third party like waves
John
Forum Host
Re: Softube Console 1 Integration - I might jump ship... 2016/04/11 23:07:50 (permalink)
From what I have seen that is the way it works. Here's a quote from them. 

"The workflow 
Use one of the track selector buttons on the hardware to select the track you want to work on. Then use the physical knobs and buttons to adjust the included gate, EQ, compressor, high/low cut filters, transient shaper and emulated analog console distortion. Select a track, tweak the knobs. Select another track, tweak the knobs—that is essentially the workflow of Console 1.
Each parameter has a corresponding knob or button on the hardware. The track count is unlimited, parameter changes can be automated and all your settings are saved with the DAW project for total recall."

Best
John
bitman
Max Output Level: -34 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 4105
Re: Softube Console 1 Integration - I might jump ship... 2016/04/12 01:07:52 (permalink)
Fun indeed. We wasted two days tracking down that one since we couldn't figure out what was causing the random crashing. It turned out that simply setting the application manifest to report windows 10 compatibility with no other changes causes PACE to through a fit. We needed that because in Windows 10 an app cannot query the windows version accurately without this

Yeah, Like that tune "Clowns to the left of me, Jokers to the right, Here I am, stuck in the middle with you".

I've seen ways around that "depreciation" on CP but y'all have seen it no doubt.

I'm Hijacking this thread so I'll just see my way out.

...wicked
Max Output Level: -1.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 7360
Re: Softube Console 1 Integration - I might jump ship... 2016/04/12 10:56:40 (permalink)
Sweet, so all we need to do is throw a snit and put on our walkin' shoes and we can get a feature request through? Varispeed here I come! 

j/k, though my RapPro install is all messed up if you wanted to chime in. :-)

===========
The Fog People
===========

Intel i7-4790 
16GB RAM
ASUS Z97 
Roland OctaCapture
Win10/64   

SONAR Platinum 64-bit    
billions VSTs, some of which work    
mdages
Re: Softube Console 1 Integration - I might jump ship... 2016/04/12 11:06:54 (permalink)
The trick on Softubes Console 1 is the combination of a track plugin to a hardware controller.
You put in the softtube console1 vst plugin to each track and you're ready to control the track and fx features with the Console-1 hardware controller. It's not to control any third party plugins.

I assume that the special integration to Studio One's Mix-FX architecture makes it unnecessary to put in the console-1 vst plugin to each track manually. One special Mix-FX plugin inserted to the master and you're ready to control each track with the console-1 hardware.
It's a huge timesaver to implement a channel strip on each track with only one mouse click. Thats imo the big difference to integration of Console-1 on other DAW's.

-Markus

Cubase Pro 9.5
Windows 10 x64 German
Focusrite Saffire Pro 24
Studiologic Acuna 88
John
Forum Host
Re: Softube Console 1 Integration - I might jump ship... 2016/04/12 11:13:14 (permalink)
mdages
The trick on Softubes Console 1 is the combination of a track plugin to a hardware controller.
You put in the softtube console1 vst plugin to each track and you're ready to control the track and fx features with the Console-1 hardware controller. It's not to control any third party plugins.

I assume that the special integration to Studio One's Mix-FX architecture makes it unnecessary to put in the console-1 vst plugin to each track manually. One special Mix-FX plugin inserted to the master and you're ready to control each track with the console-1 hardware.
It's a huge timesaver to implement a channel strip on each track with only one mouse click. Thats imo the big difference to integration of Console-1 on other DAW's.

-Markus

That wont work. With Mix FX things like saturation and noise apply to the buss as well as all the tracks feeding it. One wouldn't want that for EQ or compression.  

Best
John
pwalpwal
Max Output Level: -43 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3249
Re: Softube Console 1 Integration - I might jump ship... 2016/04/12 13:06:31 (permalink)

just a sec

mdages
Re: Softube Console 1 Integration - I might jump ship... 2016/04/12 19:02:19 (permalink)
John
That wont work. With Mix FX things like saturation and noise apply to the buss as well as all the tracks feeding it. One wouldn't want that for EQ or compression. 

No, Mix FX isn't saturation or noise. It's a plugin interface sitting on some deeper level of the audio engine, that allows one plugin interacts with all tracks simultanous. The saturation and noise you mentioned is made by "Console Shaper", a plugin to Mix-FX. Using Mix-fx don't mean using Console-Shaper with saturation or noise.

I think Softube has made such an Mix-fx plugin for their Console-1 and this brings some better and easier integration to DAW as with normal track based vst plugins.

-Markus

Cubase Pro 9.5
Windows 10 x64 German
Focusrite Saffire Pro 24
Studiologic Acuna 88
elegentdrum
  • Total Posts : 26
Re: Softube Console 1 Integration - I might jump ship... 2016/04/12 19:41:14 (permalink)
I will chime in here to try and get things organized. I'm just about to really dig into the mixture of Sonar, V700, and control 1 at the same time. I made a huge change to the analog side of my studio and I'm still waiting on a ton (26 qty) of 8 channels snakes to show up, so I'm here rather than messing with my equipment.

The main difference between Control-1 with Studio One and Sonar is not really a problem, but a choice. The choice is, the volume control on the control-1 either adjusts the make up gain of the EQ (As it was originally designed and intended) or it actually controls the fader level of the track. (As the original poster desires). The other difference is the ability to map one of the dials to an Aux send. This boarders on the controller being used as a complete controller rather than a plug in specific controller. Let's say a person wants to control an Aux send with the Control-1. What knob should that be if all are already being used for the plugs? This again depends on integration between Softube and each DAW vender.

People that do not have a set of faders will desire the Control 1 to adjust the fader level. People who do have faders would rather it works as it was designed. Even then, if you are doing mainly boosts (typical under 10K hour mixing experience adjustments), you run the risk of track/EQ processing overload (clipping). I have my 10K hours in, but with outside the box systems. Very new to ITB mixing.

Really what I desired and in part by the original post person, is an expanded version of the Control 1 that includes 4 aux sends, fader control, and the ability to run two of them at once. Linking the two with a full featured transport and stereo controls. This would allow one to eq two tracks as the same time that are fighting for the same space, or both sides of a stereo track. MS, Blumen, and other Phase related Mic pair controls would also be nice. Once you get that far, the desire for a full set of faders is almost removed because it's faster to select the track and perform the adjustments from an ergonomic standpoint. Softtube did just enough to get people there at minimum cost as a great starting point. Once you allow a plug to be in control of solo, EQ. and comp, the rest of the stuff I bring up would be nice to also get into the package. So in general, I'm suggesting Softube make another box that has stereo, transport, mic, and aux controls that is intended to be used with two control-1's. I will now submit my suggestion to softube. In that fashion, the control-1 does not have to change at all, but add another product that ties everything together. That product can then be integrated with each DAW while leaving the control-1 alone. Products take time to design, plan, program, manufacture, produce, and distribute, and have to make money while everything is going on or we don't get it at all!

I also would rather have Sonar remove bugs and clean things up rather than add new bells and whistles. That stated, the hardware surfaces available for easy integration are limited. I'm not aware of any that use RJ-45 connections and are pre-programmed for Sonar. The Nucleus came close, but priced it out of the market by including converters and it does not come pre-programmed for Sonar. if it did, I would own one. I was also hoping for Sonar to work native on an MX4 card. Never gonna happen as that format is no longer being programmed for.
John
Forum Host
Re: Softube Console 1 Integration - I might jump ship... 2016/04/12 19:44:47 (permalink)
mdages
John

No, Mix FX isn't saturation or noise. It's a plugin interface sitting on some deeper level of the audio engine, that allows one plugin interacts with all tracks simultanous. The saturation and noise you mentioned is made by "Console Shaper", a plugin to Mix-FX. Using Mix-fx don't mean using Console-Shaper with saturation or noise.

I think Softube has made such an Mix-fx plugin for their Console-1 and this brings some better and easier integration to DAW as with normal track based vst plugins.

-Markus

I think you misunderstood me. Presently the only Mix FX is the Console Shaper which has saturation, noise and crosstalk. Those things will work as I pointed out on all tracks with one plugin on a buss they feed to. You don't want that same ability for a compressor or EQ. What you would get is tones of EQ and compression.  

I am under the impression that the Softtude Console 1 is a direct controller for its plugins. It makes it clear to me that you will want its plugins on each track you want to control with it. It does not use Mix Engine FX. 

Best
John
John
Forum Host
Re: Softube Console 1 Integration - I might jump ship... 2016/04/12 19:56:27 (permalink)
Here is further information on the Console 1 from their web site.

The DAW connection 
When you first install Console 1 on your computer, a plug-in aptly named Console 1 appears in your DAW's plug-in folder. When this is inserted on a track, buss or aux channel, the sound is routed to the Console 1 mixer and back. So the DAW and Console 1 are separate systems, but they're connected by the Console 1 plug-in. In order to get control of your entire mix, we recommend that the Console 1 plug-in is inserted on all tracks, buses and aux channels of the DAW project.

Best
John
stevec
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 11546
Re: Softube Console 1 Integration - I might jump ship... 2016/04/13 15:12:16 (permalink)
subtlearts
...what are the odds that another one is going to turn a donkey into a unicorn?

Not much to add here..   I just liked the line above.   

SteveC
https://soundcloud.com/steve-cocchi
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/pagemusic.cfm?bandID=39163

SONAR Platinum x64, Intel Q9300 (2.5Ghz), Asus P5N-D, Win7 x64 SP1, 8GB RAM, 1TB internal + ESATA + USB Backup HDDs, ATI Radeon HD5450 1GB RAM + dual ViewSonic VA2431wm Monitors;
Focusrite 18i6 (ASIO);
Komplete 9, Melodyne Studio 4, Ozone 7 Advanced, Rapture Pro, GPO5, Valhalla Plate, MJUC comp, MDynamic EQ, lots of other freebie VST plugins, synths and Kontakt libraries

kitekrazy1
Max Output Level: -40 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3524
Re: Softube Console 1 Integration - I might jump ship... 2016/04/13 19:41:27 (permalink)
backwoods
Pretty tough critique there Drone7 (in my opinion). Many people like Tassman products and if they don't they should take it up with Tassman. Apple includes the best rompler but it is still a distant placed competitor to Kontakt which I wthink most serious musicians would own.

Rather than spend money on VST instruments shouldnt Cakewalk (they make DAWs) just keep on keeping on the current tack-- improving stability, new features, bug fixes etc?

But I wouldn't be complaining if they threw in Omnisphere! (Apple did buy and monopolize Alchemy which was cruel to the rest of us but brilliant)

Yep, Apple doesn't have the best rompler because it's not Omnisphere.  There's a few lame synths in Sonar but that doesn't make them any different than other DAWs.  Cyclone was ahead of it's time.  Beatscape should not have been trashed.  I like the Rapture Session.  BTW I was doodling around creating a song and wanted my strings to sound fake like from a synth and I was impressed with those Sound Center Strings on how well they sit in a mix.

Most DAWs always have something for the first time user to create music.  Most advanced users aren't using the included instruments.  I know Studio One beefed up their rompler but most people are going to use something like Kontakt.  Even if you have the Live Suite most of that is still inferior to the Kontakt/Komplete offerings.  Even with Reason having rack extensions users are moving away from the packaged effects/instruments.

I do like the Cakewalk's 3rd party collaborations with XLN and AAS. I've gotten some nice stuff for little money.  As for the DAW I like the direction it's going.  

Sonar Platinum, W7 Pro 32GB Ram, Intel i7 4790, AsRock Z97 Pro 4,  NVidia 750ti, AP2496

Sonar Platinum, W7 Pro, 16GB Ram, AMD FX 6300, Gigabyte GA 970 -UD3 P, nVidia 9800GT, Guitar Port, Terratec EWX 2496
Cakewalk Staff
Re: Softube Console 1 Integration - I might jump ship... 2016/04/13 22:44:20 (permalink)
You guys are over analyzing this :)
As I mentioned before all it is is bidirectional control. Its a simple vst extension that allows the plugin to set mixer values in the host. Nothing to do with "mix-fx" or other internal routing. 
We already support one part of this which is sending console-1 track data. We'll consider implementing the other part.

Noel Borthwick
John
Forum Host
Re: Softube Console 1 Integration - I might jump ship... 2016/04/13 22:59:32 (permalink)
Well not all of us are "over analyzing" it. I think I gave the correct situation. 

Best
John
Mannymac
  • Total Posts : 32
Re: Softube Console 1 Integration - I might jump ship... 2016/04/14 09:05:55 (permalink)
At the end of the day what people really were hoping for with tighter Console 1 integration is that the track selector buttons on the Console 1 also select the corresponding track in the DAW. This would make it easier to navigate sessions.

At the moment we have a situation where you could select your kick drum track inside Console 1 while your DAW selected track is still the snare drum for instance. Not a catastrophe but not ideal.

If Cakewalk could make the integration happening that I was talking about above, folks like me could use their Faderport and Console 1 together, as the Faderport (and its motorized fader ;) ) would then follow the track selection on Console 1.

I wish Cakewalk all the best and hope for the future that this will work someday.
I think you guys can pull it off, your integration of Console 1 is already better than what we have between Pro Tools and Console 1.

Page: < 123 > Showing page 2 of 3
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1