AnsweredSoftube Console 1 Integration - I might jump ship...

Page: 123 > Showing page 1 of 3
Author
Dreamstation
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 45
2016/04/08 23:03:56 (permalink)

Softube Console 1 Integration - I might jump ship...

I've been a cakewalk user for nearly 20 years (oh dear god I suddenly feel very, very old) - and I have updated with each new release, haven't missed one in all that time, and I have never felt a need to switch out or even look at another DAW.  But...

I have also recently incorporated the excellent Console 1 into me workflow, but I would love to see it work even more seamlessly with Sonar.  This week Softube announced, not just a Neve emulation for the Console 1, but also demonstrated a more integrated union between it and Presonus' Studio One.

https://youtu.be/5UKkOPKgkLE

I am literally now in the process of shopping around for a good deal on Studio One, and when I find one I will drop my Sonar subscription and that will be it.  I feel a little sad about it actually.

What I would like to know is this...do Cakewalk have any plans to work with the Softube guys the way Personus already have?  I'm prepared to stick around if so, but I can't look past what is currently offered by Presonus - this seamless mixing set-up between the hardware and DAW is something I've wanted for a long time.  It's a no-brainer for me.  I really want/need this to happen with Sonar.

Is this on the horizon?
Noel Borthwick [Cakewalk]
Cakewalk Staff
  • Total Posts : 6475
Re: Softube Console 1 Integration - I might jump ship... 2016/04/08 23:23:41 (permalink)
SONAR already integrates with Console 1. We worked with the softube developers on this integration awhile ago, its nothing new. Its even mentioned on their website here
Track names and numbers are transferred to their plugin via one of the newer VST3 interfaces. What specific integration are you missing in SONAR? 

Noel Borthwick
Senior Manager Audio Core, BandLab
My Blog, Twitter, BandLab Profile
Dreamstation
Re: Softube Console 1 Integration - I might jump ship... 2016/04/08 23:27:59 (permalink)
Clearly you did not watch the video.
backwoods
Max Output Level: -49.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2571
Re: Softube Console 1 Integration - I might jump ship... 2016/04/08 23:30:25 (permalink)
disengage...

Drone7
Max Output Level: -87 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 199
Re: Softube Console 1 Integration - I might jump ship... 2016/04/08 23:31:35 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby Dreamstation 2016/04/09 08:20:25
SONAR already integrates with Console 1. We worked with the softube developers on this integration awhile ago, its nothing new. Its even mentioned on their website here
Track names and numbers are transferred to their plugin via one of the newer VST3 interfaces. What specific integration are you missing in SONAR? 

That's just basic compatibility with ease of use. The Op is talking about plugins that integrate seamlessly into Studio One similar to the way Pro-Channel has integrated plugins in Sonar. This was a new feature announced with the latest 3.2 update of Studio One. Steven Slate is getting onboard too.
Cakewalk Staff
Re: Softube Console 1 Integration - I might jump ship... 2016/04/08 23:33:40 (permalink)
I did watch it. Besides the presenter mentioning tight integration several times it wasn't clear what was meant by that. Solo mute etc do work in SONAR via Console 1. Can you describe what seamless integration means in this context? 

Softube makes great stuff. If there is something more to be done to integrate better than we do today we can certainly work with them and improve on the interop. 
post edited by Noel Borthwick [Cakewalk] - 2016/04/09 00:03:13

Noel Borthwick
Drone7
Max Output Level: -87 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 199
Re: Softube Console 1 Integration - I might jump ship... 2016/04/08 23:46:44 (permalink)
Dreamstation
I've been a cakewalk user for nearly 20 years (oh dear god I suddenly feel very, very old) - and I have updated with each new release, haven't missed one in all that time, and I have never felt a need to switch out or even look at another DAW.  But...

I am literally now in the process of shopping around for a good deal on Studio One, and when I find one I will drop my Sonar subscription and that will be it.  I feel a little sad about it actually.

I can sell you my copy of Studio One 2.6.5 Professional for $149 if you want it. Then the upgrade price after that to Studio One 3.2 Professional will cost you another $149.

Cakewalk needs to update Sonar to included a brand-new rompler with 24bit uncompressed sounds, and replace all their current included softsynths with some decent ones. The Tasman AAS synth is a terrible low-quality softsynth, and the rest of the archaic sounds in Sonar are terrible too.
post edited by Drone7 - 2016/04/09 00:08:16
backwoods
Max Output Level: -49.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2571
Re: Softube Console 1 Integration - I might jump ship... 2016/04/09 00:03:02 (permalink)
Pretty tough critique there Drone7 (in my opinion). Many people like Tassman products and if they don't they should take it up with Tassman. Apple includes the best rompler but it is still a distant placed competitor to Kontakt which I wthink most serious musicians would own.

Rather than spend money on VST instruments shouldnt Cakewalk (they make DAWs) just keep on keeping on the current tack-- improving stability, new features, bug fixes etc?

But I wouldn't be complaining if they threw in Omnisphere! (Apple did buy and monopolize Alchemy which was cruel to the rest of us but brilliant)

Anderton
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 14070
Re: Softube Console 1 Integration - I might jump ship... 2016/04/09 01:46:24 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby Vastman 2016/04/09 02:54:34
[Yawn] Our alt-prone friend is back again, having conversations with himself during a leisurely afternoon troll and doing his usual shilling for Studio One. 

Noel, don't waste your time. I highly doubt he/she/it will "describe what seamless integration means in this context." I looked at the video, and it didn't look significantly different than the integration Softube has with DAWs in general for both Mac and Windows. As Softube says, "Console 1 is not a DAW controller, or even a plug-in controller. It's a separate hardware/software mixer that works in tandem with your DAW." The whole point is to use their hardware for control.

The first 3 books in "The Musician's Guide to Home Recording" series are available from Hal Leonard and http://www.reverb.com. Listen to my music on http://www.YouTube.com/thecraiganderton, and visit http://www.craiganderton.com. Thanks!
GIM Productions
Max Output Level: -73 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 860
Re: Softube Console 1 Integration - I might jump ship... 2016/04/09 03:31:07 (permalink)
Drone7
and the rest of the archaic sounds in Sonar are terrible too.

are you kidding right?

Intel i7 3600,Asus Z170P,16 GIG Corsair ram,Focusrite Saffire Pro 26 i\o,Nektar Impact LX 49,Focusrite Liquid Mix,Monitors ADAM-K&H,Sonar Platinum
Windows 10 SP1
Producer....more stuff in SStudio, Rome ,Italy.
Dreamstation
Re: Softube Console 1 Integration - I might jump ship... 2016/04/09 03:40:41 (permalink)
I did watch it. Besides the presenter mentioning tight integration several times it wasn't clear what was meant by that. Solo mute etc do work in SONAR via Console 1. Can you describe what seamless integration means in this context? 

Softube makes great stuff. If there is something more to be done to integrate better than we do today we can certainly work with them and improve on the interop. 

Thank you for your response Noel.  I'm a little surprised you can't see what I'm talking about.  Noel, you're the CTO, is that right?  I'd expect you would know Sonar backwards.  Are you saying that you can't recognize some of the differences shown and talked about in the linked video?  Seriously?

Solo, mute, fader changes, panning - when applied from the Console 1 hardware now directly effect those parameters in the actual DAW track, not merely within the plugin instance.  That appears to be the most obvious difference...  and yeah, I'd call that "tight integration" - and that does not currently exist between Sonar and Console 1.

Also, it is mentioned that track sends can be applied with the Console 1 hardware.  Also, not something you can do currently with Sonar and Console 1.  So this "tight integration" you're talking about essentially looks like it allows the hardware to directly effect track properties in Studio One.  Now, you do know that this isn't possible at the moment with Console 1 in Sonar, right?  You're the CTO.  Now that I've explained it, can you see it?

The fact that Softube themselves thought that this was different enough, compared to the way in which the integration has been implemented with other DAWs, including Sonar, also suggested that it might be new, different and "tighter".  I'm not sure why you'd be so quick to blow it off without first trying to appreciate and understand it... seems a little naive. They made an announcement at Musikmesse.  They have publicly announced and highlighted how this works with Studio One, and not with other DAWs - and you assume it is the same as with Sonar?  Huh?  Did you assume they meant all DAWs when they were talking about Studio One?  Again, Noel, they have gone to the trouble of highlighting a difference, that you have failed to recognize does not apply to Sonar.

So you've asked that if there is "something more that can be done to integrate better than we do today we can certainly work with them and improve on the interop".  Well, I guess it would be that then.  So... if you're saying you will now work with Softube to implement this direct track control the way they have with Presonus then PLEASE... bring it on... I'd love for that to happen.

And "Anderton" - not sure why you felt the need to chime in.  Obviously you think I'm some regular pest under a different username... well, I'm not.  Just a very rare contributor who wanted a question answered.  I have been using Cakewalk since it's "Pro Audio" days and I used to be a contributor on an old Scott Garrigus forum, back in the day.  These days I don't have many questions to ask, so I keep quiet.

If your first reaction, to someone questioning anything, is this personal attack and the jumping to conclusions, calling someone a Troll, then you probably don't belong in this space.  Just not very constructive, big fella.  And to answer your question directly - yes, I suppose I did "describe what seamless integration means in this context" now didn't I?  In very specific terms.

edit: I see that "Anderton" is the Forum Host.  Astounding.
post edited by Dreamstation - 2016/04/09 05:07:32
Grumbleweed_
Max Output Level: -72 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 915
Re: Softube Console 1 Integration - I might jump ship... 2016/04/09 03:48:26 (permalink)
At least the video shows what Ed Sheeran is up to during his break from recording. It's a strange choice to work for SOS but he can do what he wants now.

Grum.

Grumbleweed on Soundcloud
Grumbleweed on Bandcamp
Grumbleweed on Soundclick

Windows 10 Pro (64 bit), 3770K i7, 8 GB ram, Focusrite Saffire Pro 14, Cubase 9.5, Reason 10, CbB.
notscruffy2
Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 67
Re: Softube Console 1 Integration - I might jump ship... 2016/04/09 07:52:07 (permalink)
JUMP!JUMP!JUMP!JUMP!JUMP!P!JUMP!JUMP!JUMP!JUMP!JUMP!...
(as heard from the street below)
Cakewalk Staff
Re: Softube Console 1 Integration - I might jump ship... 2016/04/09 08:08:46 (permalink)
Dreamstation

Thank you for your response Noel.  I'm a little surprised you can't see what I'm talking about.  Noel, you're the CTO, is that right?  I'd expect you would know Sonar backwards.  Are you saying that you can't recognize some of the differences shown and talked about in the linked video?  Seriously?

Why the aggressive stance and second guessing? I asked some pretty basic questions in response to your request for tighter integration. I don't see why you assumed it to be dismissive. I personally did the softube integration in SONAR directly worked with the developer there, so I know exactly the level of the public integration API that they exposed to us. Perhaps they did some custom stuff with Studio One. If so obviously we wouldn't know about it.
If there is something more that is available we'll have to talk to Softube about it. 

Noel Borthwick
Dreamstation
Re: Softube Console 1 Integration - I might jump ship... 2016/04/09 08:33:48 (permalink)
Dreamstation

Why the aggressive stance and second guessing? I asked some pretty basic questions in response to your request for tighter integration. I don't see why you assumed it to be dismissive. I personally did the softube integration in SONAR directly worked with the developer there, so I know exactly the level of the public integration API that they exposed to us. Perhaps they did some custom stuff with Studio One. If so obviously we wouldn't know about it.
If there is something more that is available we'll have to talk to Softube about it. 

I'll be perfectly honest Noel... your forum admin was way out of line and contributes 100% to my aggressive attitude in this.  There is nothing in my initial post which is aggressive; I honestly just wanted to know if Cakewalk were looking to do something similar, because it was important to me.  I apologize  to you that your admin getting me offside has spilled-over to my reply to you.  My initial inquiry was genuine, and born out of my long-term commitment to Cakewalk and my more recent interest in the Console 1 integration.  The fact remains that something has been implemented with the Presonus guys and I would like to see the same achieved with Sonar.  You have addressed that, and I thank you.  Please do look into it  :-)

"Anderton" obviously thought I was someone else, a regular trouble maker (?), but I think he was too quick to jump to that false assumption, and I think you'll have to agree if you read his dismissive and pointedly rude post that he is himself acting outside this forum's code of conduct which dictates respect for fellow forum members.  I find that astonishing, given that he is the forum host.  Clearly he is jaded, perhaps from some recent bad forum conduct.  I don't visit here often, so I'm not "up" on what is happening in the forums.  Maybe he's just been doing this for too long.

post edited by Dreamstation - 2016/04/09 09:50:10
jimkleban
Max Output Level: -64 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1319
Re: Softube Console 1 Integration - I might jump ship... 2016/04/09 09:22:49 (permalink)
Troll or no troll that is NOT the question.  Trying to steer this back to the OP. Here is my take on this debate.  If the OP is willing to jump to Personus because of some integration issue, then do it.  But, my advice to the OP is that threatening to jump doesn't gain you more sway on the forum.

I think you said that you have been a 20 year user of CAKE/SONAR?  I too am probably closer to 25 years of using CAKE stuff.  I actually have and installed PRO TOOLS 12, and PRESONUS Professional, in addition to CAKE.  My motives of having all these DAWS is simple.  If some day, CAKE ceased to exist, I would like another alternative.  But most importantly, can these other products actually help me produce music that sounds better? And there is ONE MAJOR difference for me.

I have integrated my workflow around the features and improvements in CAKE over the years.  I know what key bindings to hit, I know how to setup soft synths and effects, I know how to edit tracks both (MIDI and AUDIO) and I know how to control the audio signal chains.

So, I decided years ago that unless some magic technology within a audio program could make my music sound better, it wasn't worth the effort and I didn't want to throw away my knowledge investment in CAKE to switch.  Trying to learn a new DAW just isn't worth it for me based upon the current state of all these audio programs.  I have seen guys who know PROTOOLs hit key bindings to so fast, I couldn't keep up with them but like magic, there was a project set up with 50 tracks all routed and ready to go with effects in like 3 seconds.  Those guys, I am sure, do not want to lose their investment in knowing how PRO TOOLS works.

It's like LOTUS and EXCEL.... if you were a LOTUS user and all of a sudden had to use EXCEL, it was a major buzz kill when most of what you knew how LOTUS worked wasn't the same in EXCEL. You had to either ask someone how to do something or open the manual and read how to do something that in LOTUS, you didn't have to think twice about.  These constant interruptions in workflow totally kill the creative side of making music.

So, switch if you want to (I wouldn't) and perhaps request the bakers to include tighter integration with CONSOLE one in a future release.  This MO works great and the TEMPO integration with Melodyne was released a few weeks after us users got wind of this new MAGIC technology in MELODYNE, improving its integration with SONAR.

The Lamb Laid Down on MIDI
www.lldom.com

Studio Cat Custom i7 with Thunderbolt (wonderful system built and configured by our own Jim R)
Apollo Duo (via TB)
UAD Quad
UAD Duo
WIN 8.1 x64 with 32 GB Ram
4 SSD for programs and sample libraries
Splat (latest version)
Anderton
Re: Softube Console 1 Integration - I might jump ship... 2016/04/09 10:37:06 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby Zargg71 2016/04/09 19:27:57
Dreamstation

I'll be perfectly honest Noel... your forum admin was way out of line and contributes 100% to my aggressive attitude in this.  There is nothing in my initial post which is aggressive; I honestly just wanted to know if Cakewalk were looking to do something similar, because it was important to me.  I apologize  to you that your admin getting me offside has spilled-over to my reply to you.  My initial inquiry was genuine, and born out of my long-term commitment to Cakewalk and my more recent interest in the Console 1 integration.  The fact remains that something has been implemented with the Presonus guys and I would like to see the same achieved with Sonar.  You have addressed that, and I thank you.  Please do look into it  :-)

"Anderton" obviously thought I was someone else, a regular trouble maker (?), but I think he was too quick to jump to that false assumption, and I think you'll have to agree if you read his dismissive and pointedly rude post that he is himself acting outside this forum's code of conduct which dictates respect for fellow forum members.  I find that astonishing, given that he is the forum host.  Clearly he is jaded, perhaps from some recent bad forum conduct.  I don't visit here often, so I'm not "up" on what is happening in the forums.  Maybe he's just been doing this for too long.

It's interesting that you would assume the first paragraph in my response applied to you rather than the post immediately above mine to which I was referring. Please note that I banned Gone!! and Drone7, not you. That's because I realize it may simply be a coincidence that three people from the same part of the world, all referencing Studio One, with the same writing style, posted within a few minutes of each other to corroborate each other's points. Surely you can understand why that looks suspicious, especially given the modus operandi of those who were banned.

As to the second paragraph, you asked a question in the OP. Noel responded, and asked a question in return. Rather than answer his question, you dismissed it by saying "Clearly you did not watch the video." Noel is the CTO of a company and was replying to a forum question, on his own time, on a Friday evening. I feel you should not demand that he spend his time watching a video to try to figure out what you're talking about if you're not willing to take the time to explain it yourself. You can't use my presence as a way to excuse your second post, as I had not yet participated in the thread.

The first 3 books in "The Musician's Guide to Home Recording" series are available from Hal Leonard and http://www.reverb.com. Listen to my music on http://www.YouTube.com/thecraiganderton, and visit http://www.craiganderton.com. Thanks!
Dreamstation
Re: Softube Console 1 Integration - I might jump ship... 2016/04/09 10:52:45 (permalink)
I'll agree that my second post was short, but not necessarily nasty, and yes... I should probably have written out the points rather than link to the video, but again... not necessarily a crime.  However, I don't think it's such a terrible post that it deserved your abusive response... but apparently that wasn't directed at me.  Yet, how was I to know that?  I haven't a clue who Gone and Drone7 are.  I don't spending my time dwelling in this forum, keeping an eye out for troublemakers - you assume too much.  I'm the OP, how could I not assume your post was directed at me.  Again mate, maybe you've been at this too long and you're overthinking it, too quick to slam apparent insubordination.  Lighten-up.
post edited by Dreamstation - 2016/04/09 11:14:10
John T
Max Output Level: -7.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 6783
Re: Softube Console 1 Integration - I might jump ship... 2016/04/09 10:58:56 (permalink)
So, going back to the OP, it seems there are three new functions here. There might be more, but that's all I can see in the video. And they are: direct control of the DAW pan pot, direct control of the DAW fader, and ability to insert a send.

Just my opinion, but that doesn't seem all that decisive to me. You can already control level and pan in Console One on any DAW it works with, albeit in a sort of jury-rigged way. But the practical difference when mixing is minimal-to-none.

Ability to insert a send is reasonably nice, I suppose, but I do wonder if it's a significant time-saver.

Not knocking it; good work to Softube for continuing to enhance Console One, and good work to Presonus for being quick off the mark supporting such features. But for me personally, I'm not going "holy smokes, it's a whole new era" at this.

http://johntatlockaudio.com/
Self-build PC // 16GB RAM // i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz // Nofan 0dB cooler // ASUS P8-Z77 V Pro motherboard // Intel x-25m SSD System Drive // Seagate RAID Array Audio Drive // Windows 10 64 bit // Sonar Platinum (64 bit) // Sonar VS-700 // M-Audio Keystation Pro 88 // KRK RP-6 Monitors // and a bunch of other stuff
Resonant Serpent
Max Output Level: -81 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 463
Re: Softube Console 1 Integration - I might jump ship... 2016/04/09 11:01:20 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby Dreamstation 2016/04/09 11:19:35
Strange that they would be touting the integration of Studio One and Softube. In order to run Softube plugs in Windows 10, you have to use the Windows 8 compatibility mode for Studio One. S1 ran fine for me in Win 10, but as soon as I switched to compatibility mode, my ilok lost connection with other plugins that I use in S1 and I ended up with a mess. There are some great features in S1 that I'd like to see in Sonar, but it's still too limited in MIDI, and there's no track archive function. Do some research before you dedicate yourself to the switch. I say we let the bakers know what we want and see what sticks to the wall.

A deep chesty bawl echoes from rimrock to rimrock, rolls down the mountain, and fades into the far blackness of the night. It is an outburst of wild defiant sorrow, and of contempt for all the adversities of the world. - Aldo Leopold
Cakewalk Staff
Re: Softube Console 1 Integration - I might jump ship... 2016/04/09 11:11:22 (permalink) ☼ Best Answerby Dreamstation 2016/04/09 18:06:34
John T
So, going back to the OP, it seems there are three new functions here. There might be more, but that's all I can see in the video. And they are: direct control of the DAW pan pot, direct control of the DAW fader, and ability to insert a send.

Just my opinion, but that doesn't seem all that decisive to me. You can already control level and pan in Console One on any DAW it works with, albeit in a sort of jury-rigged way. But the practical difference when mixing is minimal-to-none.

Ability to insert a send is reasonably nice, I suppose, but I do wonder if it's a significant time-saver.

Not knocking it; good work to Softube for continuing to enhance Console One, and good work to Presonus for being quick off the mark supporting such features. But for me personally, I'm not going "holy smokes, it's a whole new 

The three things you list are trivially done with control surface integration. Again I don't know the whole story and we'll talk to softube to find out what exactly "integration" means. We generally don't do custom stuff for third party hardware unless it benefits more than one class of hardware or were in direct partnership.
We have a great relationship with softube so well find out more.

Noel Borthwick
John T
Re: Softube Console 1 Integration - I might jump ship... 2016/04/09 11:15:13 (permalink)
I'll say this about the insert send thing; I've got a button that does exactly that on the V700. Brings up a dialogue and then you use a knob to scroll through all the possible destinations, which I assume is how Console One would have to do it.

Takes way, way longer than using the mouse. I haven't pressed it in literally years. Honestly, this is not a hot control surface feature.

Self-build PC // 16GB RAM // i7 3770k @ 3.5 Ghz // Nofan 0dB cooler // ASUS P8-Z77 V Pro motherboard // Intel x-25m SSD System Drive // Seagate RAID Array Audio Drive // Windows 10 64 bit // Sonar Platinum (64 bit) // Sonar VS-700 // M-Audio Keystation Pro 88 // KRK RP-6 Monitors // and a bunch of other stuff
Anderton
Re: Softube Console 1 Integration - I might jump ship... 2016/04/09 11:28:34 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby Dreamstation 2016/04/09 18:06:18
Dreamstation
I'll agree that my second post was short, but not necessarily nasty, and yes... I should probably have written out the points rather than link to the video, but again... not necessarily a crime.  However, I don't think it's such a terrible post that it deserved your abusive response... but apparently that wasn't directed at me.  Yet, how was I to know that?

FWIW it's "forum shorthand" that unless indicated through a quote, a response refers to the previous post. But as you said, you don't spend a lot of time here so it's understandable you wouldn't know that, and I also apologize for any lack of clarity in being specific who the troll was (I did think banning the person who posted immediately before my response spoke for itself, but obviously that was not the case).

The reason you weren't banned for being an alt was because even though your thread followed the troll's standard script of "I'm leaving leaving SONAR for Studio One because..." and had other similarities, your post didn't have the same "vibe." I truly appreciate your subsequent follow-up, and accept what you say at face value.

FWIW the irony is that if SONAR didn't exist, I'd probably be using Studio One Pro. I don't have a problem with SOP; I use it for album assembly and have done videos for, and consulted to, PreSonus. If an additional layer of integration with a specific control surface is so important to you that you would change DAWs, then you should change DAWs. I switched to SONAR back in 2000 specifically because it provided, and still provides, unique functionalities that are crucial to the work I do, so I understand that what may seem like a relatively minor issue to some users would be seen as a major issue by others.

Dreamstation
Re: Softube Console 1 Integration - I might jump ship... 2016/04/09 18:40:56 (permalink)
Resonant SerpentIn order to run Softube plugs in Windows 10, you have to use the Windows 8 compatibility mode

Why is this?
Cakewalk Staff
Re: Softube Console 1 Integration - I might jump ship... 2016/04/09 19:06:23 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby Dreamstation 2016/04/09 20:01:57
There is a bug in PACE that causes an instant crash if the plugin is run in a host that reports that it is Windows 10 compatible. For this release we actually had to make a work around to change SONAR's manifest to NOT report Win 10 compat because of this very issue, otherwise all Softube plugins would crash unless run in compatibility mode. I reported this to Softube and they said its a known bug in PACE that they will be resolving soon.

Noel Borthwick
Dreamstation
Re: Softube Console 1 Integration - I might jump ship... 2016/04/09 19:47:03 (permalink)
There is a bug in PACE that causes an instant crash if the plugin is run in a host that reports that it is Windows 10 compatible. For this release we actually had to make a work around to change SONAR's manifest to NOT report Win 10 compat because of this very issue, otherwise all Softube plugins would crash unless run in compatibility mode. I reported this to Softube and they said its a known bug in PACE that they will be resolving soon.

Brilliant - thanks, Noel.

Anderton
Re: Softube Console 1 Integration - I might jump ship... 2016/04/09 19:58:00 (permalink)
Agreed...I wonder how many "my DAW doesn't work with Windows 10" comments in other forums relate to PACE issues and not the DAWs themselves?

[Oh, and Dreamstation - I realized that scook deleted the post to which I replied. If you didn't see that post, then I totally understand why you didn't know what I was referring to.]

mettelus
Max Output Level: -22 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 5321
Re: Softube Console 1 Integration - I might jump ship... 2016/04/09 20:41:09 (permalink)
Quick FYI, the mobile version of the forum does not show profile info, sig's, or "banned." At first I thought the post may have been deleted till I pulled up the full version.

Mobile version doesn't show "hot" or "answered" either.

Edit - I guess a post was actually deleted from the thread, hence the confusion.
post edited by mettelus - 2016/04/10 07:43:01

ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero (Wi-Fi AC), i7-8700k, 16GB RAM, GTX-1070Ti, Win 10 Pro, Saffire PRO 24 DSP, A-300 PRO, plus numerous gadgets and gizmos that make or manipulate sound in some way.
bitman
Max Output Level: -34 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 4105
Re: Softube Console 1 Integration - I might jump ship... 2016/04/09 20:53:18 (permalink)

Is this fun or what.

John T
Re: Softube Console 1 Integration - I might jump ship... 2016/04/09 21:12:14 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby tlw 2016/04/11 10:48:29
Indeed. That's my big objection to iLok. In principle, I'm fine with it, but over the years, PACE's implementation has been mostly amateur-hour, leavened by occasional brief periods of adequacy. There's really no excuse.

Page: 123 > Showing page 1 of 3
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1