Helpful ReplySonar is not industry standard?

Page: 12345 > Showing page 1 of 5
Author
vladasyn
Max Output Level: -69 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1092
2016/05/11 11:42:17 (permalink)

Sonar is not industry standard?

I am having a problem with Sonar crashing every time when inserting Waldorf Nave. I contacted the Waldorf and this is the reply I received:

"We are currently testing only on industry standard DAWs. Sonar belongs 
not to this. But it doesn’t mean generally, that our products won’t work
on Sonar, it only means, that we aren testing it.

We would need to be in collaboration with Cakewalk, but we aren’t.

When you like, you can record am movie and show us step by step this
behaviour, so maybe we can look and fix it. Thank you !"

This was shockingly unexpected, but I have to admit that in many circles Sonar is not considered industry standard. Every time I get a survey with the questions about DAW, it would say:
"Which DAW do you use?
1.Protools
2. Logic
3. Cubase
4. Abelton
5. Other
And I have to type in Cakewalk Sonar in to "Other" section and feel embarrassed for using it.

I guess I am ok with it, long as Sonar meets my needs- I can think about it as a "secret weapon" and be secretly happy about how good it became recently. but still...

Why Cakewalk does not advertise Sonar as an Industry Standard? Why are they not in collaboration with Waldorf and not making sure that all major software companies have ability to test their products in Sonar environment? What would it take for Gibson/Cakewalk to change this perception and become industry standard?  

https://soundcloud.com/vlada-astral 
http://vladasyn.wix.com/astral#
I am a female. Windows 8.1
Custom DAW Intel Core I7 3770K, 16 Gb memory, SSD+ 2 x 2 Gb storage. Presonus StudioLive 24.
  Multiple keyboards and modules, software synths.  
Anderton
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 14070
Re: Sonar is not industry standard? 2016/05/11 11:54:17 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby galeom 2016/05/11 13:53:56
The "industry" considers the Mac as the dominant music platform. Samplitude and Sequoia are excellent programs that are more capable than several Mac equivalents, but they're ignored as well. At the lower end of the scale, I'd take Mixcraft over GarageBand, but it's ignored too because it's Windows only. In video, Final Cut is considered an "industry standard" while Sony Vegas, which is Windows and I believe a better program, does not have the same cachet.

Until Windows is considered the "industry standard" platform, Windows-only programs will likely not be considered "industry standard," no matter how good they are. Meanwhile, the people running SONAR on Parallels or under Boot Camp have their own answer  

The first 3 books in "The Musician's Guide to Home Recording" series are available from Hal Leonard and http://www.reverb.com. Listen to my music on http://www.YouTube.com/thecraiganderton, and visit http://www.craiganderton.com. Thanks!
dannyjmusic
Max Output Level: -86 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 237
Re: Sonar is not industry standard? 2016/05/11 11:57:28 (permalink)
Snobs in the industry tend to use Macs...and , as most Mac users, would say theirs is better...
I had a mac and protools back in the 90s and got sick of having to pay tons of money for their products (had a 15k system and an 8k system both with used macs )when I could achieve the same thing for pennies on the dollar with a windows machine and sonar.
There are close to 90% windows computers out there...so don't sweat it. Just make your music and laugh at them
vladasyn
Max Output Level: -69 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1092
Re: Sonar is not industry standard? 2016/05/11 12:01:16 (permalink)
So it is the Microsoft to blame for losing the battle to Apple for being industry standard?
I build computers and I love Windows 10 on the latest hardware. I do not use Xeons processors, but Intel i7 is plenty for good performance. I don't see how Apple holds the monopoly so strong with the prices they have.

But I am thinking- is the ProTools that much better than Sonar? The ProTools is industry standard- PC or Mac, right, or just on Mac? I have been looking in to it and considering to install it and see if it really that much better.

https://soundcloud.com/vlada-astral 
http://vladasyn.wix.com/astral#
I am a female. Windows 8.1
Custom DAW Intel Core I7 3770K, 16 Gb memory, SSD+ 2 x 2 Gb storage. Presonus StudioLive 24.
  Multiple keyboards and modules, software synths.  
dannyjmusic
Max Output Level: -86 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 237
Re: Sonar is not industry standard? 2016/05/11 12:03:22 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby tlw 2016/05/11 15:27:01
That said...for the Mac users, whatever they use is fine...just use what you want and concentrate on making good music instead of labels.I've made a good living using Windows based programs for over 15 years...nobody really cares what the final product was made on , just what it sounds like in final mix..my humble opinion :)
chilldanny
Max Output Level: -74 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 830
Re: Sonar is not industry standard? 2016/05/11 12:13:28 (permalink)
I understand your concern, but I wouldn't worry about it, or feel embarrassed to admit to using Sonar.  It is as professional as any other DAW software.  The "Industry Standard" tag has questionable value these days as more and more artists and bands take the DIY approach rather than use commercial "Industry Standard" equipped studios.

In my experience, it's not uncommon for recordings made in "Industry Standard" DAW software such as Pro Tools, to be edited and mixed in other DAW software, such as Sonar, Logic, Cubase etc.  I can't tell you how many times people have been impressed with Sonar when I've been quickly editing and mixing some audio exported from a studio session.

Sure, Cakewalk could devote more resources to market their software more effectively, but I personally would much prefer those resources be focused on continually improving Sonar.

* Windows10 (x64), Focusrite Safire Pro24, Sonar Platinum (x64) * MacOS High Sierra, Logic Pro X, Ableton Live 9 *

Danny M
michael diemer
Max Output Level: -68 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1128
Re: Sonar is not industry standard? 2016/05/11 12:14:50 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby Mesh 2016/05/11 13:51:33
I agree, this is nothing but uninformed snobbery. Any DAW that allows you to create good music is "industry standard." In fact, Sonar is more complete than most, as it has a staff or notation editor, which Ableton and Bitwig and many others do not. (Reaper is about to release their first version with one). As has been said many times, it's how well you use the tools you have that is the biggest factor in your success. Sonar has all the tools, and in fact may be the most complete DAW in the world. But I agree, they should really promote themselves more. 

michael diemer
Intel Quad Core i7-3770 Ivy Bridge
32 GB ram
1TB Western Digital Black X2
Microsoft Windows 7 Pro 64
UR22 interface
Bandlab Cakewalk/Sonar 8.5 Studio
GPO-EWQLSO Gold-Vienna SP ED-Cinematic Strings 2

Sycraft
Max Output Level: -73 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 871
Re: Sonar is not industry standard? 2016/05/11 12:22:57 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby tlw 2016/05/11 15:29:09
vladasyn
So it is the Microsoft to blame for losing the battle to Apple for being industry standard?

No, it is a combination of legacy and marketing. So Macs were there first when it came to audio production because there were all there was really. The original Pro Tools setup, which was the only realtime DAW there was, used MacOS. The Mac was just for GUI basically, all the work was done on dedicated ASICs, but it needed a Mac. That kind of legacy really got cemented in there. So you kinda had this situation of "We use Macs because we use Macs." They just keep on with the same thing because "that's how it's always been."

Also Apple was very successful in marketing their computers as being more "creative" and such. People bought in to it, and still do. They believe that if you are a cool, hip, artsy type you need to have a Mac because it'll help your creativity or something silly like that. It is not a logical position, but then brand marketing isn't about logic and it works very well in many cases.

But I am thinking- is the ProTools that much better than Sonar?

No, it's crap IMO. The reason it is so popular is, again, because it was the first. Another "we use it because we use it" situation. Studios started with it, so they kept using it because it is what they were familiar with, so more studios got on board because it is what everyone used and expected and so on. It holds on to its position because of inertia, not technical superiority.

For that matter, Sonar is actually more "standard" than some companies like to pretend. Cakewalk is a long time mainstay of MIDI production. Cakewalk 1.0 came out in 1987, in the REAL early days of computer audio. It and Cubase were pretty much the first MIDI trackers, and the only two I know that are still around.
Anderton
  • Total Posts : 14070
Re: Sonar is not industry standard? 2016/05/11 12:31:38 (permalink)
vladasyn
But I am thinking- is the ProTools that much better than Sonar? The ProTools is industry standard- PC or Mac, right, or just on Mac? I have been looking in to it and considering to install it and see if it really that much better.

Well...I worked at a Pro Tools studio for almost all the classical projects I've recorded (including one award-winner). They had a big HD system, recorded at 96 kHz, etc. Great studio, actually, with a fantastic selection of mics and a room sound to die for. But once I'd recorded the files, the first thing I did was transfer them to a hard drive so I could bring the files into my own studio and do the editing and mixing with SONAR. The process was just so much smoother than with Pro Tools. 

Newer versions of Pro Tools have fixed some of the issues that drove me crazy (like all bounces having to be real-time - which gets old pretty fast with 20-minute classical pieces), but SONAR has also progressed since then, so AFAIC I'd still much rather use SONAR than Pro Tools for projects.

The first 3 books in "The Musician's Guide to Home Recording" series are available from Hal Leonard and http://www.reverb.com. Listen to my music on http://www.YouTube.com/thecraiganderton, and visit http://www.craiganderton.com. Thanks!
Glyn Barnes
Max Output Level: -0.3 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 7564
Re: Sonar is not industry standard? 2016/05/11 12:34:13 (permalink)
I won't be spending my money on Waldorf products then.

There is a workaround using NI's Komplete Kontrol software as a wrapper in Sonar.

Intel i7 3770K @4.4GHz, 32GB RAM, 240GB SSD System disk, 2 x 2TB and 1 x 1TB (with SSD Cache) HDD. Windows 10,  Sonar Platinum. Roland Quad Capture. 
Music - Switchwater on Soundclick
Music - Goldry Bluszco on Soundcloud
Slugbaby
Max Output Level: -33.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 4172
Re: Sonar is not industry standard? 2016/05/11 12:46:56 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby kevinwal 2016/05/12 02:10:48
"Industry Standard" isn't necessarily a bragging right.
Nickelback, Bieber, Government waste, compressing all the life out of commercial music... these are also Industry Standards.

It's a company's loss if they aren't interested in adding to their customer base by addressing the minor adjustments that might be needed.

http://www.MattSwiftMusic.com

Dell i5, 16Gb RAM, Focusrite 2i2 IO, Telecasters, P-bases, Personal Drama for a muse.
John
Forum Host
  • Total Posts : 30467
Re: Sonar is not industry standard? 2016/05/11 13:16:37 (permalink)
I find it odd to say the least on this. PT uses AAX as its plugin format. How is that an industry standard? It seems that if they make a plugin in the VST format or DX format that would be the industry standard. I would understand this better if they made plugins only in the AU format. 

Best
John
Sycraft
  • Total Posts : 871
Re: Sonar is not industry standard? 2016/05/11 13:55:50 (permalink)
That's always the problem with an industry as fragmented as pro audio in that the "standard" is something that is in the eye of the beholder. AAX is proprietary, yet is 'standard' because ProTools is so popular. If any other DAW tried a proprietary, locked down format they'd get no love but PT having its place of primacy can do what they please.

Though of course the whole "standard" and support thereof thing made me think of something else amusing: Melodyne is the unquestioned standard in pitch correction. There are other solutions, but it is the heavy hitter, the one the pros use, the one to which all others are compared. Well, when you get down to it, only Sonar and Studio One truly "properly" support it. Melodyne wants ARA these days to integrate as it wishes. It works with non-ARA DAWs, but not optimally. So the "standard" DAW doesn't fully support the "standard" pitch correction :)
Sanderxpander
Max Output Level: -36.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3873
Re: Sonar is not industry standard? 2016/05/11 14:13:42 (permalink)
While it's definitely snobbish, it's unfortunately not untrue,  though perhaps the term "industry standard" was poorly chosen. Waldorf test on what they think are the most relevant platforms for their business and Sonar is a too small user group at the moment, apparently. Maybe Cake could reach out to them. 
Soundwise
Max Output Level: -62 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1419
Re: Sonar is not industry standard? 2016/05/11 14:20:16 (permalink)
Oh, so it is Waldorf that defines standards for audio industry. Now we know.

Anderton
We are all unique and have our own contributions to make to this planet.

SoundCloud
YouTube
BandLab
THambrecht
  • Total Posts : 867
Re: Sonar is not industry standard? 2016/05/11 14:24:20 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby tlw 2016/05/11 15:30:50
We digitaze and restore thousands of tapes, vinyl and other recordings for customers. Therefore we need a lot of restauration tools.
Almost no one uses for this purpose a MAC, ProTools or any other "Standard" DAW.
Rather Steinberg Wavelab or Adobe Audition is used.
We use SONAR.

We digitize tapes, vinyl, dat, md ... in broadcast and studio quality for publishers, public institutions and individuals.
4 x Intel Quad-CPU, 4GHz Sonar Platinum (Windows 10 - 64Bit) and 14 computers for recording tapes, vinyl ...

4 x RME Fireface 800, 2 x Roland Octa Capture and 4 x Roland Quad Capture, Focusrite .... Studer A80, RP99, EMT948 ...

(Germany)  http://www.hambrecht.de
soens
Max Output Level: -23.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 5154
Re: Sonar is not industry standard? 2016/05/11 14:38:51 (permalink)
It doesn't seem logical that a one platform app would be an industry standard. Limiting it to only one platform reduces the number of users to a select few, which IMO only cripples the industry.

More and more "industry standard" apps are becoming cross platform like PT, Photoshop, etc. For the longest time AutoCAD was Windows only but is now available to some degree for Mac as well.
post edited by soens - 2017/07/28 16:53:07
streckfus
Max Output Level: -84 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 339
Re: Sonar is not industry standard? 2016/05/11 14:51:28 (permalink)
Yeah, it's frustrating. I've done post-production on a couple of indie films, and when I told people that I cut the movies in Sony Vegas, eyes would roll. "What, too cheap to get a real program like Final Cut Pro?" I've since moved on to the Adobe suite, so when I'd mentioned that I use Premiere Pro and After Effects, they'd ask "So you finally got a Mac! Good for you!" Nope. Just running the Adobe suite on my lowly PC. And of course SONAR falls victim to this as well. It's understandable that "professional" studios who've invested tens or hundreds of thousands of dollars on Pro Tools systems wouldn't be interested in testing the market for what else might be out there. So to some degree I think Pro Tools will always be the "industry standard" when dealing with the big studios. 

But at the end of the day, it's all about the end product. It would be nice if the creative industry would get away from this Mac snobbery and recognize that PC tools are just as effective (and a LOT cheaper, overall), and that ultimately it's how the tools are used, not the tools themselves. But even if that never changes, we can still do the same things they're doing, and we can smile, knowing that we're doing it for half the cost. :) 

Sonar Platinum | Win 10 Pro/64-bit | Core i7-6700K | 32GB DDR4 2400 RAM | ASUS Z170-AR | ASUS GeForce GTX 970 | Focusrite Saffire Pro 40 | Yamaha HS8s
Cactus Music
  • Total Posts : 8424
Re: Sonar is not industry standard? 2016/05/11 14:56:24 (permalink)
The only bummer,  for first time users who are shopping for a DAW they will always be told to get Pro Tools by the majority of people or articles they read. Just like if someone asked which bass they should buy the answer will always be a Fender. . It's the easy answer and you know they won't come back and shoot you for giving bad advice.  They do not question this advice, so the beast grows and grows.
I don't think it has as much to do with Mac's any more... it's just popular and for no logical reason other than it's popular.
I myself think Cakewalk has a nice place in the market and obviously enough customers to keep them profitable for now. I find more and more users popping up in my neck of the woods. Sadly too many of them are still using the older versions they pirate. Sonar was way to easy to pirate in the past so they are in a better place now they have solved that issue. Just watch the number of "registered" users grow once those old versions stop running on modern systems.
post edited by Cactus Music - 2016/05/11 15:18:01

Johnny V  
Cakelab  
Focusrite 6i61st - Tascam us1641. 
3 Desktops and 3 Laptops W7 and W10
 http://www.cactusmusic.ca/

Brian Walton
Max Output Level: -79 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 584
Re: Sonar is not industry standard? 2016/05/11 15:13:53 (permalink)
Waldorf is a German company.

Since Cubase + Ableton + Logic are all German Companies

And of Course Pro Tools has been the studio standard for a long long time.

I'm guessing their statement stems from the small rock they are living under in Germany which has about 1/4 the music sales as the USA.  
tlw
Max Output Level: -49.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2567
Re: Sonar is not industry standard? 2016/05/11 15:54:51 (permalink)
vladasyn
I build computers and I love Windows 10 on the latest hardware. I do not use Xeons processors, but Intel i7 is plenty for good performance. I don't see how Apple holds the monopoly so strong with the prices they have.

Current i7s beat the Xeons in the Mac Pros effortlessly, the top of the range iMacs are faster than the Pros. Which is a bit weird to put it mildly, and I say that as someone who mostly uses Apple computers.

Apple have a few things going for them which Windows PCs do not when it comes to audio. Not many things, but in the right circumstances they matter. Seamless low latency MIDI networking over wifi built into the OS for example. Most PCs can't produce low audio latency without disabling the wifi adaptor in Device Manager and often Bluetooth as well. Macs don't have that problem so if you need to send e.g. MIDI clock round a network live or in the studio that's advantage number one for Macs.

No worrying about driver modes, ASIO vs WDM vs WASAPI etc., OS X Core Audio and Core MIDI just get on with things. No need to worry about cpu parking, sleep states etc. either. BIOS? What BIOS?

And if you have Apple's Applecare maintenance plan if your Macbook dies on the morning of a gig you can pick up a replacement from any Apple store, install it with a clone of your original setup and know it will work. There are people who tour foreign countries by just taking a bunch of DVDs and telling the venue/gig or tour organiser to supply a such-and-such model bare Macbook and be sure it will work when they install their personal configuration onto it.

The final advantage, as has already been said, is that macs were capable of serious audio work at the time the IBM-compatible PC was primarily a business machine with inferior sound and graphics, not the powerful games and everything else platform it is now. Upgrades to what you have are nearly always perceived as easier and less expensive once system design, familiarisation, training etc. is taken into account than switching, so once committed to a system, businesses tend to stay committed to that system.

PCs have the huge advantage of much more power for your money or the  same power for less money, more available software, you can configure the hardware how you want and you're not reliant on just one hardware company. And the way Logic in particular handles multiple MIDI hardware inputs and outputs is nothing like as good as Sonar.

On to Waldorf. Now, I really like Waldorf synths, I own a couple in hardware and the iOS versions of Nave and Attack. But it has to be said that Waldorf excel at three things. The first is their distinctive sound and the second is the variety and number of bugs. The Blofeld was unbelievably buggy when released and remained so for years, major issues like failing to MIDI sync or dying when an OS update was installed , and it's apparently still buggy now. The earlier and quite expensive Q was released with lots of functions not even working at all. The OS for the MicroQ didn't really settle down until just before they stopped making the synth. Plugin versions of Attack had bugs such as the delays didn't work.

The third thing Waldorf are good at is saying "bugs? Our synths have bugs? Really? Are you quite sure?". Until one day they quietly slip out an update that fixes a few bugs but may introduce a new one or two to keep everyone on our toes.

I guess their excuse is that they're actually a small company in terms of people on the design and programming side that hit far above their weight and they do their best.

As for Pro Tools, don't bother going there. It may be the established studio's virtual tape recorder of choice for the reasons Craig Anderson has said, but for MIDI, electronic music, project and home studios it is a poor choice. And if the same plugins are used, no-one can tell which DAW was used to record, mix and master a track anyway.

Sonar Platinum 64bit, Windows 8.1 Pro 64bit, I7 3770K Ivybridge, 16GB Ram, Gigabyte Z77-D3H m/board,
ATI 7750 graphics+ 1GB RAM, 2xIntel 520 series 220GB SSDs, 1 TB Samsung F3 + 1 TB WD HDDs, Seasonic fanless 460W psu, RME Fireface UFX, Focusrite Octopre.
Assorted real synths, guitars, mandolins, diatonic accordions, percussion, fx and other stuff.
boblettnoe
Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 67
Re: Sonar is not industry standard? 2016/05/11 16:03:57 (permalink)
My two cents...the "Business" as it is, often is motivated and greatly reacts/responds to conformity and image. The product is often seen as directly and correctly manufactured with little deviation from the cookie cutter of current "taste" or trends.

Artistry is different. The only thing you achieve by following the rules is more of the same.

Find the tools that work for you, and tool the work that finds you... 
TPayton
Max Output Level: -87 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 178
Re: Sonar is not industry standard? 2016/05/11 16:22:41 (permalink)
Soundwise
Oh, so it is Waldorf that defines standards for audio industry. Now we know.

Brian Walton
Waldorf is a German company.

Since Cubase + Ableton + Logic are all German Companies

And of Course Pro Tools has been the studio standard for a long long time.

I'm guessing their statement stems from the small rock they are living under in Germany which has about 1/4 the music sales as the USA.  

I had no idea who Waldorf is. Had to google them. However I have been familiar with Cakewalk for 20+ years.
Just depends are where you're coming from I guess.

btw- kudos on the lucid and well presented post tlw!

Tom
Sanderxpander
Max Output Level: -36.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3873
Re: Sonar is not industry standard? 2016/05/11 16:31:19 (permalink)
I keep hearing this about wifi interfering with audio, I have to say I have never had a computer or laptop where this has been an issue. 
chuckebaby
  • Total Posts : 13146
Re: Sonar is not industry standard? 2016/05/11 16:37:02 (permalink)
and Justin Bieber is the industry pop standard...
whats that tell you.

Windows 8.1 X64 Sonar Platinum x64
Custom built: Asrock z97 1150 - Intel I7 4790k - 16GB corsair DDR3 1600 - PNY SSD 220GB
Focusrite Saffire 18I8 - Mackie Control

Mystic38
Max Output Level: -59 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1622
Re: Sonar is not industry standard? 2016/05/11 17:31:38 (permalink) ☄ Helpfulby glennstanton 2016/06/02 06:16:25
at the end of the day, a company cannot validate its software against every DAW.. so, they pick the ones with the larger market shares...and afaik its not sonar. 

waldorf never said they would not address the bug.

Rather than bemoaning the situation, .. create a bug report for sonar, record the video of the issue with the waldorf project and submit it to Waldorf,, give the cakewalk contact details and bug report # to waldorf, and give a contact number to cakewalk.. 

been there, done that with both NI and Access.. folks are keen to help, and will. 

HPE-580T with i7-950, 8G, 1.5T, ATI6850, Win7/64, Motu 828 III Hybrid, Motu Midi Express, Sonar Platinum, Komplete 9, Ableton Live 9 & Push 2, Melodyne Editor and other stuff, KRK VXT8 Monitors
Virus Ti2 Polar, Fantom G6, Yamaha S70XS, Novation Nova, Novation Nova II, Korg MS2000, Waldorf Micro Q, NI Maschine Studio, TC-VoiceLive Rack, 2012 Gibson Les Paul Standard, 2001 Gibson Les Paul DC, 1999 Fender Am Hardtail Strat, Fender Blues Jr, Orange TH30/PPC212, Tak EF360GF, one mic, no talent.
mettelus
Max Output Level: -22 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 5321
Re: Sonar is not industry standard? 2016/05/11 17:47:55 (permalink)
A vast majority of "industry standard" begins in schools, which is also a viable revenue stream to those companies that got into that arena. Once a student spends countless hours learning one DAW, they are not likely to shift to another. The "Mac-fetish" of most schools tends to lock out SONAR from the get go.

I spoke to a friend's daughter last weekend who began audio engineering at a smaller school and she said, "We are required to learn on Pro Tools." Not surprising in any way, but the ramification is that most of these students pursuing such a career are only going to be exposed to select options on their path.

ASUS ROG Maximus X Hero (Wi-Fi AC), i7-8700k, 16GB RAM, GTX-1070Ti, Win 10 Pro, Saffire PRO 24 DSP, A-300 PRO, plus numerous gadgets and gizmos that make or manipulate sound in some way.
bitman
Max Output Level: -34 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 4105
Re: Sonar is not industry standard? 2016/05/11 18:01:26 (permalink)
SONAR is beyond the industry standard. They're all trying to catch up now! :-)
pilutiful
Max Output Level: -85 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 275
Re: Sonar is not industry standard? 2016/05/11 18:12:29 (permalink)
According to musicradar Pro Tools is the 8th best software while Sonar is no 7. Industry Standard doesn't mean the best (FWIW). It just means most people use it, no more....and because most people use it, other people buy it. That's basically how Pro Tools got to be "Industry Standard".

http://www.musicradar.com/tuition/tech/the-20-best-daw-software-apps-in-the-world-today-238905

arachnaut
Max Output Level: -67 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1168
Re: Sonar is not industry standard? 2016/05/11 18:27:43 (permalink)
I always thought the Atari was better. Good old Dr. T's stuff...

- Jim Hurley -
SONAR Platinum - x64  - Windows 10 Pro 
ASUS P8P67 PRO Rev 3.0;  Core i7-2600K@4.4GHz; 16 GB G.SKILL Ripjaws X;
GeForce GT 740; Saffire Pro14 MixControl 3.7; Axiom 61
64-Bit audio, SR: 48kHz, ASIO 256 samples latency, Rec/Play I/O Buffers 512k, Total Round Trip Latency 13 ms, Pow-r 3 dither 
Page: 12345 > Showing page 1 of 5
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1