Page: 123 > Showing page 1 of 3
Author
vladasyn
Max Output Level: -69 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1092
2017/02/11 23:17:29 (permalink)

Sonar would not open at all

Hey there

I am on my new computer where I installed Sonar Platinum couple of weeks ago and today it would not open at all. It says, "SONARPLT.exe stopped working."  I ran the update- it installed it and shows green in Command Center but it still would not open even after the update.

I do not have audio interface connected yet, but my other computer would just say, "No audio output" This one does not start. I do not remember if I tested it and if it opened after installation when I initially installed it. Any suggestions will be appreciated. thank you.

https://soundcloud.com/vlada-astral 
http://vladasyn.wix.com/astral#
I am a female. Windows 8.1
Custom DAW Intel Core I7 3770K, 16 Gb memory, SSD+ 2 x 2 Gb storage. Presonus StudioLive 24.
  Multiple keyboards and modules, software synths.  
Sir Les
Max Output Level: -67 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1182
Re: Sonar would not open at all 2017/02/12 07:40:46 (permalink)
Hey Vladasyn.

Well, here is what I have witnessed with some of the fiddling I have found to be, frustration beyond mind or reason.

I believe what has happened is...win 8.1 and in win 10...some windows updates turn off your "NET FRAMEWORKS" in "Programs and features"...in the "control panel"....select "Programs and features"...Then on the left top of the window, you will see a feature to turn on windows features....In admin booted desktop, select that, and turn back on net frame 3.5 and some below, and or all net frames that are no longer selected....but were, if so be so?

MS said new net frame works should cover older ones...Yet some things are used in net 3.5 for apps and or services of third parties not on the list of MS wanting to be used, if it or they conflict with their needs and desires for their appropriation of your machine to do what they needs be done with it....

Perhaps it causes conflicts when updating MS OS, so they turn off the older Net Frame works, that some applications still use or are being used...But they do not get turned back on.
So...here is where I say....I hope it helps you figure it out...if so be so.

Also some settings in OS of choice...some get reset...like sleep or monitor sleep...power management...ect...You might want to also find out if your default sound card is moved back to onboard or hdmi.....and check to make sure all the khz boxes are checked to gain WMA, 44.1 /48khz and the right stereo chain is being used by your choice of default settups....as MS has decided to ...change your setting for you, without you knowing....Just to push and frustrate it seems.

and if you still have issues...you might have to, pull out or unplug /uninstall, then reinstall some drivers, and put back the devices, and or move slotted cards, and even noted here, reflash the bios of the motherboard....and rearrange slot assignments, there also after finding it needs be done AGAIN...As some things might just not work proper in other terms OF APPS or devices....conflicts?...not sure,.... I am still debugging my systems....and learning what I asked about long time ago....

:What frameworks are needed for this application, and or device....I was told, it is installed by driver packages, or should be by windows OS  .and nothing more was said.

Now, We have to learn that it is ....no longer "plug and play" for some...But if it was working and then not....what yah gonna do in terms of suspects?......The finger pointing, and asking others who might know...when we should all know by now....it aint easy to get stable and working MS OS and Applications for...if change is forced fed to the unsuspecting user of his or her settings....sorry for the titles of human user his or her...I wish not to offend the others .....

So...check all your settings you set...and make sure they are working as set.

I noticed sometimes..I have to wait until a codex for audio streaming kicks in...when watching video streaming....it starts out crappy sounding...until I click on the sound speaker in the taskbar...and just click inside the pop up....and it sorts it out....but the noise coming out of the speakers is horrible.....to say the least, until what ever codex kicks in.
Used to work...now it sucks.

Well , as I said...still debugging here...so.

Also of some noticed wired behavior....Some services are disabled...so you have to do homework of...and ask your third party device developers...how or what is needed to run in or with...those if so....as services...now.

Cheers.

Sir Les

1. Intel 5960x 3.5mhz , ASUS x99 deluxe u3.1, Asus Thunderbolt ex II,   G skills f4 3000 Memory 32GB , ADATA ssd 250GB Main Drive, Lots of WD Red 7200 Mechanical Drives with Black Drives, 14x multi optical Drive, LG Multi Blu Drive,  2X Extern WD Mybooks usb 3.0, AMD r7 270 video card, Motu 828x TB , Motu Midi XT.
2.  USING MAC PRO, as win 10 has damaged 2 x99 systems 8.1 is also to blame for the final burnout trying to roll back!

3.  Something Wonderful: https://1drv.ms/f/s!AlHkRy9cXBbYpQNvVBCt8r7fQ5PS
robert_e_bone
  • Total Posts : 8968
Re: Sonar would not open at all 2017/02/12 09:06:45 (permalink)
Vlada -

• What is the current level of Windows maintenance?
  • What Sonar version is installed?
  • Any antivirus active, and if so any exclusions for any Sonar/plugin paths?
  • Driver levels for computer devices all checked after computer build? (chip set, USB 3, LAN, Video, etc.)
  • BIOS level checked after computer build?
  • Any Windows Events showing any problems (Windows Event Viewer - errors reported at around same time as Sonar start failures?)
  • Any other error message(s) displayed when Sonar crashes? (details?)
  • Does BlueScreenView (freeware) show any additional info on crash? http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/blue_screen_view.html they make Bluescreenview and WinCrashReport.
  • Noel from Cakewalk put this thread together on capturing Sonar dump info, if it didn't get created automatically: http://forum.cakewalk.com/FindPost/3475550
  • Does Sonar start in its 'Safe Mode'?
  • When you start Sonar, do you have it going directly into a project, or just starting to go to the Start Screen?

Please review and respond to the above, and if you have any other possibly relevant info to help folks help you, please post it too.

Thanks, 

Bob Bone

Wisdom is a giant accumulation of "DOH!"

Sonar: Platinum (x64), X3 (x64) 
Audio Interfaces: AudioBox 1818VSL, Steinberg UR-22
Computers: 1) i7-2600 k, 32 GB RAM, Windows 8.1 Pro x64 & 2) AMD A-10 7850 32 GB RAM Windows 10 Pro x64
Soft Synths: NI Komplete 8 Ultimate, Arturia V Collection, many others
MIDI Controllers: M-Audio Axiom Pro 61, Keystation 88es
Settings: 24-Bit, Sample Rate 48k, ASIO Buffer Size 128, Total Round Trip Latency 9.7 ms  
vladasyn
Re: Sonar would not open at all 2017/02/12 10:46:17 (permalink)
Forum page keeps crashing every time I use Copy function (this is another computer- not related)- just took out a page long reply. Ugh. Will rewrite shorter.

Thank you for all replies. Sir Les, could you be more specific with your recommendations, please? Thank you.

Bob, what Windows maintenance you referring too?
Sonar version is Platinum, last update and update before last.
Antivirus is Norton. I have it also installed on my old system and it usually not interfering with Sonar. If it wanted to interfere, it would delete exe file. The SONARPLT.exe is still there. It just can not run. No error messages. I will have to check event viewer- I am on another computer now.
No blue screens. The Sonar is not going anywhere- it does not make it to the project view. Soon as I click on the Sonar icon, it starts black square where Sonar logo would be and right the same second it says, "SPLT stopped working".
I have sound set to go to Display Port now because it auto-detects monitor with speakers. My Presonus interface can not be connected because I don't have long enough FireWire cable. But on my old system Sonar able to open without audio interface.
How do you start in Safe mode? Thank you.

Custom DAW Intel Core I7 3770K, 16 Gb memory, SSD+ 2 x 2 Gb storage. Presonus StudioLive 24.
vladasyn
Re: Sonar would not open at all 2017/02/12 12:29:39 (permalink)
I turned on "NET FRAMEWORKS" in "Programs and features" but it did not help. I did try to run Sonar with Antivirus disabled- did not help either. Thank you.

Sir Les
Re: Sonar would not open at all 2017/02/12 13:00:50 (permalink)
I would say...wait I am now able to turn on my sort of broken x99 asus, I am still trying to fix with MS techs...and be more of help now.

with the OS win "control panel"/"Sound speaker icon"/ give me a bit to boot up and log in to the forum with that,...and I can try to post pictures if need be...But am rusty on it...so, words might help you first?
And I am running win 8.1...so some things might not be as you have.

Bob is a great tech..and well to do...he is the one I met to help here on my end...

hold on.

1. Intel 5960x 3.5mhz , ASUS x99 deluxe u3.1, Asus Thunderbolt ex II,   G skills f4 3000 Memory 32GB , ADATA ssd 250GB Main Drive, Lots of WD Red 7200 Mechanical Drives with Black Drives, 14x multi optical Drive, LG Multi Blu Drive,  2X Extern WD Mybooks usb 3.0, AMD r7 270 video card, Motu 828x TB , Motu Midi XT.
2.  USING MAC PRO, as win 10 has damaged 2 x99 systems 8.1 is also to blame for the final burnout trying to roll back!

Sir Les
Re: Sonar would not open at all 2017/02/12 13:17:50 (permalink)
So, if you turned on the net frameworks 3.5...it was off right?...you turned it back on?...says so right?...so, yah things have been screwed up by something...of updates.

that means some services also are not working proper...so computer management, Services needs be checked...and anything you think or are told is needed to be running now, and is disabled, needs to be put to either manual or auto..and restarted.

Then, reboot.
It might not start up, reboot again.
remember, my system , is not your system...what ever you do, write it down...and let Bob see your event viewer reports of custom or your admin .

In that lies reason for some of the errors no doubt.

also...if it does not solve for....make sure in the services...you take time to look at all disabled and or manual settings not running.
 if you feel they are required..for..or are told they help with that app or devices needed to be running for cakewalk select the setting right click and start or...start them up while selected...top right corner of window of services= says "Start" service button... I think it is blue...on mine it is blue.

And if in the net frameworks other net frames are not checked...check on...just to make sure your plugins work..if they need net 2.0 or above 3..etc...you can always undo by turning them off after if so not solving.

Sir Les
Re: Sonar would not open at all 2017/02/12 13:52:33 (permalink)
After much hair pulling on my end with my machines gone south for vacation in MS Limbo... I have noticed, upon installing win 8.1 from iso I got from their download service and my account...the iso now does not update, unless i get a MS tech to do his thing on my system remotely...if so, or, they just want to check that my system is legit with put upon same system it was always put on...and updated to win 10 1511...build and then told because of errors and such causing pops clicks and other odd noises and hangs and lost audio devices..blue screens and such...when it was kind of working before some bad updates forced upon...did cause.

Now in trying to go into safe mode or fix with tools was impossible...as the win 10 mbs was corrupted...and updates trying to install would never install...but kept on trying...looping into madness...I cut the cord...and tried to roll back...but it would not do....and so wipe out, and put back the win 8.1 from that first iso I got from MS and my account bought through their very expensive store.

That is now kind of disabled by MS...So, my problem might be yours...But of not...command center when installed would either just not show up as installed...or if I found the command center when clicking on it...would do absolutely nothing...did not open, did not work...and I had my thunderbolt 2 working with motu...after weeks of troubleshooting...So, MS could not make this work...I have a appointment tomorrow with them ...to do a days work on....because I hate troubleshooting!....BOB KNOWS THAT>lol.

But what I am finding out...is a lot of things are not right now...and since...and going backwards is a pain in the...well you know...syntax....

So be with us...let us see, put up what is needed for us to look...and you might help me, with Bob....solve....But I got command center working by turning on netframe 3.5 ..well I turned em all on....lol...and went into the computer management...and turned on all services I thought should be running....and as I did this more of my system started to work properly...sort of.

Still making funny noises...But...surely more reboots and more things to check tomorrow....I am taking notes...and posting here and there...when finding out what is going on.

So...look out for some of my bent ramblings....Bob has better syntax.....I say MAC is a easy out.

But I will say, and see, and find ...with you, and Bob...and others...and try to help , with what I experienced so far.

is all I got in my experience so far of knowledge. with MS.

Let us see what event viewer says....

robert_e_bone
Re: Sonar would not open at all 2017/02/12 14:32:24 (permalink)
Hi Sir Les - good to see you up and typing :)

I spent some time reviewing Vlada's new build as she was still early in the build process, and she and I go  back several computers and actually a handful of years now (yikes - how did THAT happen).

Vlada - I was typing on the way out the door to head to church service (I played piano today, and even sang a bit), so I apologize for not giving enough info in my earlier questions to where you knew what info I was looking for from you - sorry.

I actually sent you another couple of Facebook messages - the last with my cell number and a request for you to give me a call - I think it will be easier for us to review some stuff over the phone than typing back and forth - I can put a summary post out to this thread when we finish going over stuff, in case any of it might help someone else someday :)

Bob Bone

Computers: 1) i7-2600 k, 32 GB RAM, Windows 8.1 Pro x64 & 2) AMD A-10 7850 32 GB RAM Windows 10 Pro x64
Settings: 24-Bit, Sample Rate 48k, ASIO Buffer Size 128, Total Round Trip Latency 9.7 ms  
Sir Les
Re: Sonar would not open at all 2017/02/12 14:33:26 (permalink)
I have come to know Nortons is evasive in..if it finds oddity with anything installed, it will contain the file or exe in ue dlls ..so it does not work...I do not use Norton utilities because it does cause problems, or has, not only on my audio video system...But in office systems......I think the last time, by mistake Asus installer from dvd or cd...had it in the installer....and when I installed landar..landre ...Not sure of the spelling...it screwed up thinking it was a virus or trogen...could not remove the block, nor solve by removing, and it would not be over written....same thing in the office.

Just saying....might just be on my installs of...with my systems and accountings?...

Sir Les
Re: Sonar would not open at all 2017/02/12 14:40:00 (permalink)
Thanks Bob...Blessings!...but for fun..post the mess up asap....yah mac is working now...got a new tune....I'm on sound cloud...but you have to find me...under my name.;;;lol

Sir Les
Re: Sonar would not open at all 2017/02/12 15:19:05 (permalink)
oh PS to the Brotherhood...about typing...on my Mac when I look at the screen while doing it....it shows up as I type....(when I went to school, and that was not often..lol, my teacher, whom was smaller than my half size self...would hit me with a ruler if found looking at my keys while typing out kkk jjj mmm...and so on....) so...I have issues now when looking at the monitor on a pc using ms os...and typing out, and not seeing it appear when doing it that way.......Conditioning eh?....well, where is she now, so I can take that ruler and hit her back?....freaking crap ms is....But, some do not listen to reason......Right Bob....wink....I'd Love to hear you all play music.

vladasyn
Re: Sonar would not open at all 2017/02/13 00:24:34 (permalink)
We uninstalled Sonar and re-installed it after downloading new files with Antivirus disabled and got the same result- SONARPLT.exe stopped working.

rcklln
Max Output Level: -82 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 421
Re: Sonar would not open at all 2017/02/13 01:06:35 (permalink)
Like you said if you don't have any audio devices connected it should say something like "no audio devices go into preferences to configure". Maybe sonar is scanning for audio devices and choking on that monitor configuration. Maybe try a regular monitor?
vladasyn
Re: Sonar would not open at all 2017/02/13 01:15:06 (permalink)
I have driver installed for Presonus, but not connected- waiting for new cable. I did try to set Audio to onboard speakers (which are also disconnected but I have option for Realtek Digital Output, and that did not help at all. It is dead. I am very upset because I spent a lot of money on this new system, to have top of the line SSDs, processor, memory and so on. There is no reason for this. What if it never works?

rcklln
Max Output Level: -82 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 421
Re: Sonar would not open at all 2017/02/13 01:34:40 (permalink)
It seems like Sonar doesn't like what it's finding when starting up and scanning for audio devices. If it was me I would remove/disable all existing audio drivers/devices and hope to get to the expected behavior of saying "no devices please configure one in preferences". If you can get to that point then wait for cable then install and connect the presonus device and see what happens. If you are getting frustrated walk away from it for a little while 
robert_e_bone
Re: Sonar would not open at all 2017/02/13 03:04:11 (permalink)
I worked with Vlada over the phone for a bit - and there is something amiss that doesn't seem like it should be an issue, but sure enough a clean download and install of 16.12 or 17.01 craps out, with Windows 10, no audio devices connected, antivirus turned off and clean restart, with or without Sonar's Safe Mode.

I will contact her tomorrow and try to get to the bottom of this - it is obviously something unique to her current build/environment, but everything seems OK - BIOS and drivers are all up to date, and Windows is happy with its maintenance (current).

I will continue to see if there is additional info that can be obtained and sent along to Cakewalk support - not enough yet to go on.

Windows Dump File has nothing from our attempts last night - despite several failures with Sonar just stopping working.  She MAY have gotten a Sonar dump file created - I did send her some info from Noel on that, but I couldn't download what she had sent to me - will try that again during the day.

Bob Bone

vladasyn
Re: Sonar would not open at all 2017/02/13 07:36:33 (permalink)
I sent you the Dump file with Google drive, thanks.

Sir Les
Re: Sonar would not open at all 2017/02/13 11:45:36 (permalink)
Ok...I had a research tech on my phone and computer of win 8.1....he could not fix...nor did he want to...look too deep into the events of critical errors of my event viewer...I forced his hand...he did so, and said nothing is wrong.

I said did you read your tech tier 2 techs file on this...and many are in his hand....But says...nothing is wrong....so why the tech tier 1 and 2 logs not being able to get updates working with this install from iso from your website, and what I got from your website....and tech tier levels could not install remotely....because something was not working in or with the download i got of same iso?...or is mind old?...surely not infected...as i ran a scan and burnt it....and ran a scan on the dvd....no virus detected.....Why is it every time i wipe this out..because it just does not let me install anything....everything i try as driver from motherboard....just does not work...until i chat and have a remote viewing with a MS tech?....how many this month?.....4.

That is how bad this machine has been crippled....Trust eh?

So the tech researcher asked me stupid questions about what is wrong......I said did you read the reports of your tech people...?...he said he read some....I said ASK THEM THE QUESTIONS....I got no clue!

But I screamed it in his ear....and forced him to look into the events of critical error now...after a two week circle of point the finger and ask ASUS...whom helped me by saying flash the bios again to a older version....I did flash back the same one...3301....and then, windows found things....like Thunderbolt....it was working, then it is not working....wonder if corruption of bios by bad updates did that?....Perhaps...and then this bent circle is caused?

Any way...just saying odd things eh....and then, netframeworks and services off...to deal with....over the weekend....now is getting apps installed....whoop whoop?....but still when rebooting...some are turned off again.

Says in event viewer..here, internet is disconnected....so, when ms spy bot and spooling try to connect to....what ever....sending through....services....not working....logging this and showing it in that event viewer causes hanging to solve the request.

Eric the research tech....Said nothing is wrong with the system, and third party device are not his to deal with....So....motherboard...cpu...memory...and hard drives to run the os...as third party people or developement...got it all wrong.

wow....so he got me pissed even more so....And I screamed so loud...I think I woke the neighbours up.....Do not lie to me about services interruptions and cpu hang ups when services get errors to start or work that cannot...because the OS is telling the service a device that is necessary to do the task is disabled in event viewing log says it is disabled...when device manager says both ports of are working fine.

This leads to mayhem of caching those spoolings and info gathered to send out....here is where the problem of hanging up DAW comes into play.....RIGHT?

Yah..MS.technicians...I wonder who they think they got on the other end of the line here...surely not a fool...but, I screamed in his ear not to lie to me, how cpu and systems work....Because I know what cause cpu hang ups!

That is my department of deep study I have been trying to solve for over 30 years to find why the clicks and pops and noises...on audio since win95 till now!

Best of hope for all of you.....Please Bob....show us the intel.

and thanks VLA....I will surely help you have the best of the best of...but the tech got me so mad today with bulcrap Questions and no answers to mine...I hung up...demanding my money back for all os and tech support for this circus!

Best of hope....Use the onboard device for your setup...get some cheapo speakers....and try to setup up until you get the cable...and do the best you can....Although with win MS os...your efforts are now futile...If you can go to win 7...might get it to work...win 8.1 is still sending out data through msn.

I got the logging of my netstat 5...so cpu is still being hung with this error of internet nic off, when it is on...and so causing a hangup.

My understanding as is...is as is....what is causing some things not to install proper is net frame and services..being off or corrupted.

That said Bob...you know the person having issues...I hope truly it is solved by your blessing hand...and your good nature.

Best of, I keep coming and finding more so, of such misfortunes with.....So, ...I think thy MS OFFICE got a VOICE OF TRUMPET...out of ERICs Phone!

So they know now...To get it right...or...many will stop supporting MS crap!

They must of heard me....if not the echo will shake em!...and VLA..if it is new..and you have time, ask for a refund is still possible if the store cannot fix it....you have rights to a refund....don't wait too long!....but try with Bob and others....I gave up going in circles....straight and narrow is the path.

Best of...I'll check in later.

PS...remember the Lord made You better than any machine....Take that blessing in...and remember who makes music he wants to hear....Is your own...as you!...you need not the machine...so cry not...Do what you can, and sing out loud!

PSS...If the logics of codex, is holding a lie in itself....and if you read the Book of telling where all lies come from....How is it any other way finding troubles?

and if you follow the lords words....and follow them...are your troubles les or more?...les or more lies....is closer to the truth...Leslie's?...What did I tell you Bob about that which I hate?..OS MS is lying to itself....interesting eh?...revealed it is!...as said would be!...wana play with the devils in the pail moon light now?

The good fight on!

Sir Les
post edited by Sir Les - 2017/02/13 14:39:34

vladasyn
Re: Sonar would not open at all 2017/02/13 21:02:51 (permalink)
Connected the speakers to the system- did not help. Some persistent error. Any other ideas?   

Sir Les
Re: Sonar would not open at all 2017/02/13 22:26:50 (permalink)
yes...All I said Vla...All I said...you cannot solve this...it is OS related crap...and your drivers and all error is linked to something they seem to need to protect with over 200 security updates and counting....So, You wanna battle it to fix it....it is futile...if you try...it will only make things worse....so if it does not resolve with driver or add in tweaks...get your money back asap.

That said...Look at my new system...fresh install was corrupted by something on their end of it...a switch they turn on or off on their side to get the iso to work...is been defeated on my update from win 8.1 - 10 it seems, and as windows 10 corrupted something of something here now...rolling back to 8.1 does not work proper.

So..now this forces either going back to 10, which they want me to do...so they loose no money...or, as ULA states...the use of this product for...does not work on this machine...so I cannot use the product as paid...in its original state and as prescribed I install as upon.

Thus they break their own agreement of ULA...thus all can, if so finding it not working as they say it does, you agreed to use for.

That does not include damage or loss of...if you read it...but...the cost of it and it's use is paid to work on...if it does not work upon install...fresh...You have grounds to get refunds......if sold with..and it still is installed...Pay no more...and seek Professional council .

That be one avenue....

Here is my mess:
Today...Sorry I had to defuse my mind and spirit ...so, I left the PC and other alone today after that call and remote.

https://1drv.ms/f/s!AlHkRy9cXBbYs1CJDC3st0lDWtYI

Sir Les
Re: Sonar would not open at all 2017/02/13 22:33:30 (permalink)
I know it is not about me..it is about MS OS....So here is the link as image from photobucket I hope it works.

Sir Les
Re: Sonar would not open at all 2017/02/13 22:42:47 (permalink)
Is it just sit back and let MS OS install wonder to your machine?...not anymore.
Just the os...ASUS MOTHERBOARD DRIVERS...1 SSD main Boot, 1 dvd LG multi drive...32gb of G skills...and thunderbolt took me...Not the techs..because they tried but could not solve why the drivers and card would not work.

Bios was corrupted by win 10.

and some switching process on the board or in bios was altered....so, the problem here is never solved for...or the OS is having issues with PROTOCALS OF ISO STANDARDS PUT IN DRIVERS....THus...what is a muck is the spy bot and its use of internet behind you , and your desktop views...and what they know you will check, and try to use on off features given you..and what they hide in the tools to see deeper into error..you know nothing about.

That is what they are protecting with bloat of security updates, meaning it is important more so to spy and lie about it....working fine...when clearly critacal error is in the os put in your machine box..by saying I agree to install and use...which you cannot in this state of install...pay more for techs...who lie to you about it...I hate liars...and lie not myself....I might error...but I try to fix it...is same policy.

So...if you feel to play with this more so,...Take heart ...listen to those who might help you get it up and running...But be aware....it will not work proper for long....if you do get some work out of it, when solving this madness...Remove the internet connection when fixed or partly so working....for windows updates or other sought drivers and firmware constant change...will only bring in more problematic behavior.

And do not listen to the point the finger and go in circles Policies of them or others...They like that game more so...to frustrate you!

What leads you from doing the things asked by your Lord..in the garden...is keeping you in the box fixing...remember that...and being good and prospering will not come from troubleshooting their monster of mayhem...so...who you work for is important.

Truth...is always right.

Hope all this helps some fight back...and put the shXX back in their faces to fix.....Best of hope, tie them up in that circle and sit back and laugh at them try!

Best entertainment in a long while....and venting my frustrations throught the phone...was uplifting!

I say ,...solving for four variables...is almost impossible...if they keep changing one or the others or all....eh?

vladasyn
Re: Sonar would not open at all 2017/02/13 22:56:11 (permalink)
Sir Les
I appreciate you trying to help but the way you post is sure way to kill the tread because no one has time to read all the rambling. If you have something specific to recommend, then please, share. But this is not a place to vent about Windows or Microsoft frustration.

I can not get refund as these are all parts. It is custom DAW. I also have Asus motherboard. However, my previous build was updated from Win 8.0 to 8.1 and then from 8.1 to 10 with no issues. If you can update to Win 10, please, do so. Back up your personal files and clean install Windows 10. Problem solved. ...Unless you get the same problem I got. Still waiting for solution. If you have solution, please, post, otherwise- keep it simple and short. No more than 5 lines posts, please. Thank you.

vladasyn
Re: Sonar would not open at all 2017/02/14 00:08:02 (permalink)
Checked my Visual C++ redistributables. I had all installed but 2012. Installed 2012- no changes. There also Intel redistributables available but nothing for Win 10. It would be a time for Cakewalk to step in and say something. Any hint? Any tip? Please?

Sir Les
Re: Sonar would not open at all 2017/02/14 00:37:19 (permalink)
Now about netframeworks and installers...some are written for those processes and services, by the developers who wrote them under MS tools, to codex rules for...Yes, some are older netframe works and services, perhaps no longer in newer os builds....Granted..but,..as apps cannot keep pace with the renewing of OS protocals...yet some must carry over as a constant buildup of hex code and logics...some installers and apps are built upon older codex of dos shelling...and or other code added in hexi.....as I do not code, but know some coders....who know c++ and some other such things...and make webpages and such....the constant change in even that...is being violated...by MS...and its changing things...to cripple older os builds....as XP...no internet unless you use some hacking and get a browser that works with the hack.

Why...because the new internet protocals for xhdml was pushed into play...to defeat competition and others gain a market share...of the cash cow policy...You are being ripped off by.

Same game...same IDOL...same people or spirit behind it.....it is the same symbolic monster...living in them who do this.

And your pearls wasted on!

Be mindful...I wish no harm...but , as you are, can you fix this on your own...not knowing the truth of it?...

Read the book of telling what is truth of it...Holy, clean, Truth...whom said he was the truth....listen...he wishes to free you from trouble...Not lead you into it.

That said...did he pay enough this time to show you?...or does he lay down his life again and walk away from ...those not doing what is righteous and good and fare and given...and shared...Helpers....and I know the spirit is here with these people trying to fix many problems...But lead away from life and making music while being here trying to help other with same problems you have..or worse, or not so bad...but still trouble with PC and OS.

MAC surely has issues...no doubt...But it is easier , and does sort of work, at what you design for it to do....it may do the very same spying and such....I do not know yet...but, it does not interrupt my work ethics to hang my daws, or ruin my pocket...and not work...it works when setup..and in that bliss of...no forced updated to ruin my setup.....Wow.

Now, that said...if you take back the PC that is new,...and put it to something else like a instrument of music...and you play that.......Do you win?....or loose?.

Love you all who help....but answer with your heart....and troubles will vanish soon...if you hear what I mean, and I mean what I say...Be good, Be well...Be a helper of the lord...and no worries will be with you...do not let the liars into your space too long....And live...care for the living things....Not the dead ones!

Sir Les
Re: Sonar would not open at all 2017/02/14 00:46:33 (permalink)
See...I am saying true words....Cakewalk is trying hard...but...it is also for them as it is for you.
And if I,,as me, myself and I ... ask MS Questions.and I am answered by a research Tech....."it is working fine"..is not the answer I see being true here or with you , and others on this forum now,..Right now...this instant...LOOK...RIGHT?...WHat do you think the developers and bakers have, is getting as one from them if they ask...if I got that myself as a answer with just OS installing?

Wake up!

Sir Les
Re: Sonar would not open at all 2017/02/14 00:52:30 (permalink)
don't blame the riders....hit the horse!

Sir Les
Re: Sonar would not open at all 2017/02/14 01:08:19 (permalink)
If the horse has a bad foot, and footing...why do you ask to ride it ?...and those whom have tried to code for the horse....is having to solve for?..what they did not code...and that code is not...available as open source!

Sir Les
Re: Sonar would not open at all 2017/02/14 01:14:38 (permalink)
Want more intel?...here is a MS exworker saying it like it is....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u1kGMCfb2xw

looking into that work and world...of his knowing something of what is not right...to do..and what is fare play...should open your eyes wider.

Page: 123 > Showing page 1 of 3
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1