Helpful ReplyTascam US 4x4 and Sonar X3 serious problem

Page: < 1234 > Showing page 2 of 4
Author
Anderton
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 14070
Re: Tascam US 4x4 and Sonar X3 serious problem 2015/02/08 02:22:56 (permalink)
Etostone, I think I have your solution. The problem is the onboard audio's drivers, not TASCAM's.

As I said I've never had a need to switch between consumer and pro programs, but I know the TASCAM drivers are solid so I thought your blaming their drivers was probably wrong. I got my clue when you said you had satisfactory results with a bogus ASIO driver. That means it was tasking the Windows driver among multiple devices. Another clue was when you said you had another computer with the M-Audio card. If you're using a different computer, then there are MANY more differences other than just the audio interface you're using.

So try the following. Go into Device Manager and turn off all audio drivers that aren't TASCAM, like this:

Once I did that, SONAR used the TASCAM's ASIO driver, and Windows used the TASCAM's WDM driver because Windows was no longer confused about which driver it should use. In fact I was able to play back from SONAR, listen to YouTube via Chrome, and play music from my internal music library via Windows Media Player all at the same time. I could stop and start any of them any time, adjust their levels independently, etc. etc. It was quite the interesting mashup.

With regard to your concern that there haven't been any updates since December, maybe the reason why there haven't been any updates in the past eight weeks is because the drivers don't have a problem.

lludwick, I don't have any sources for recording into the interface here, but FYI the 48V (and unlike some interfaces, I measured it and it's within 10% - I've measured as low as +34V from some interfaces) affects only the XLR connectors. However, I don't know if this is an issue but you should NOT plug a 1/4" plug and XLR into the same input. Just because there are two jacks in the same input doesn't mean you can use them. The manual is explicit about this.

I'm 99.999999999% sure the problem you're having involves setup somewhere along the line. The TASCAM US-4x4 and 2x2 have been rock-solid for me, and the hardware is pretty bulletproof so it's probably either a misapplication of the 4x4 or something misset in SONAR.

The first 3 books in "The Musician's Guide to Home Recording" series are available from Hal Leonard and http://www.reverb.com. Listen to my music on http://www.YouTube.com/thecraiganderton, and visit http://www.craiganderton.com. Thanks!
lludwick
Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 74
Re: Tascam US 4x4 and Sonar X3 serious problem 2015/02/08 16:33:58 (permalink)
Just as an update, I am doing test projects to adjust the settings of the 4x4 dials to give me the levels I am used to working with from my previous Tascam interface. Everything is working about right for me on Windows 7 Pro.

The only weird glitch I'm having is with Sonar reporting it can't find my old US-1641 ports as active. There must be a way to retire older references so that Sonar does not nag me each time I open a project.

Larry Ludwick

My Music on Soundclick:
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=823722

Anderton
Re: Tascam US 4x4 and Sonar X3 serious problem 2015/02/08 17:05:30 (permalink)
Save a copy of the AUD.INI file, then delete it. SONAR will build new entries based on what you're using now. If anything goes wrong, which is extremely unlikely, you'll still have the old one for backup.

The first 3 books in "The Musician's Guide to Home Recording" series are available from Hal Leonard and http://www.reverb.com. Listen to my music on http://www.YouTube.com/thecraiganderton, and visit http://www.craiganderton.com. Thanks!
lludwick
Re: Tascam US 4x4 and Sonar X3 serious problem 2015/02/08 18:02:00 (permalink)
Anderton
Save a copy of the AUD.INI file, then delete it. SONAR will build new entries based on what you're using now. If anything goes wrong, which is extremely unlikely, you'll still have the old one for backup.

Thanks Anderton, I had a feeling my old init file was causing the squawking. I will do just as you say, back up AUD.INI as AUD.OLD, then delete AUD.INI, start up again and have a new one built.

BTW, I did get everything working this afternoon building little test projects for straight audio recording, Midi recording and VST recording and all works fine. The Tascam 4X4 has a great sound quality that I especially notice on the mic recording side.

I am not sure if it is that I use Windows 7 Pro 64 bit, but I have not problems with drivers while I am using the 4X4. I can switch applications and the sound works. Though in Sonar while it is still up, if I switch to my browser for example it will complain that another application is preventing sound. I have always found that easy to live with.

Larry Ludwick

My Music on Soundclick:

Anderton
Re: Tascam US 4x4 and Sonar X3 serious problem 2015/02/08 18:49:32 (permalink)
lludwick
BTW, I did get everything working this afternoon building little test projects for straight audio recording, Midi recording and VST recording and all works fine. The Tascam 4X4 has a great sound quality that I especially notice on the mic recording side.

I ran tests for the specs and they're pretty impressive.

I am not sure if it is that I use Windows 7 Pro 64 bit, but I have not problems with drivers while I am using the 4X4. I can switch applications and the sound works. Though in Sonar while it is still up, if I switch to my browser for example it will complain that another application is preventing sound. I have always found that easy to live with.

If you try what I recommended for Etostone, you probably even won't have to live with that. I certainly find the drivers to perform as expected. I think he's too quick to blame TASCAM rather than Windows audio issues within his computer.

Cactus Music
  • Total Posts : 8424
Re: Tascam US 4x4 and Sonar X3 serious problem 2015/02/08 19:56:53 (permalink)
As I said in post #18. I always have disabled on board audio. This good advice was given to me a long time ago on this forum. 
It has always worked for my system. Some systems and on board audio can co exist with ASIO but often there is a the issues as the OP described. So that is always my first recommendation. 

And I see no issue with using my "pro studio" playback system for everything. 
I turn most Windows sounds off or at least turn them down in the audio control panel so they don't scare the carp out of me. 

I like to listen to finished albums either in Win Amp as an MP# or even play back the CD I just burned in WMP. And I can keep Sonar open and swicth between all of these apps no problem. 

BUT!  one disclaimer and it might be the big one. I only work in 44.1. 
I cannot vouch if switching apps works if Sonar is 48 or 96 and Win Amp is trying to play a 44.1 file. 
I seem to remember back when I was using 48 that playing a 44.1 in WMP and on return to Sonar, that Sonar would get messed up and play the song a whole step low. 

But anyhow it only takes a minute to disable your on board and see what happens. 
And now we are told to also check for HDMI audio which is messing up a lot of systems lately. 

Johnny V  
Cakelab  
Focusrite 6i61st - Tascam us1641. 
3 Desktops and 3 Laptops W7 and W10
 http://www.cactusmusic.ca/

Etostone
Max Output Level: -86 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 202
Re: Tascam US 4x4 and Sonar X3 serious problem 2015/02/08 20:56:28 (permalink)
Anderton
lludwick

I ran tests for the specs and they're pretty impressive.

If you try what I recommended for Etostone, you probably even won't have to live with that. I certainly find the drivers to perform as expected. I think he's too quick to blame TASCAM rather than Windows audio issues within his computer.

Anderton , thank you for all your info and investigations about my issue. I appreciate. 
Yes , I have already tried that you mentioned , since I am computer geek , that was one of my first tasks to disable onboard drivers and soundcards. 
Still no effect. I have further issues as I have explained to you. There is no excuse for the system not to shut down properly or not to restart due an audio conflict. That's something about the drivers not working properly on windows 8.1 pro 64 bit. 
Btw, you never told me which is your Os ? win 7 or win 8 ? 

I am working fine with the new Asio drivers from this Australian programmer. He did a great job , and gives Tascam much further options ! Yes you should try it really. It has a total free to test drivers. It gives also the possibility to change the audio stereo from left to right channels inside the software , to have only one or two mono outputs very useful for testing your mix before radio mono conversion , giving each program different configuration and to save the profiles and many more. 

I wish the solution you mentioned was that easy , but it didn't work for me. I am sure 100 % its Tascam lame drivers. 
But thank you very much again for all the tests and your time.

Etostone Music Producer/Mastering Engineer/Label Owner

- Visit my Main Site
- Visit my Mastering Site
- Visit my Label Site

Etostone
Re: Tascam US 4x4 and Sonar X3 serious problem 2015/02/08 21:32:09 (permalink)
Cactus Music
As I said in post #18. I always have disabled on board audio. This good advice was given to me a long time ago on this forum. 
It has always worked for my system. Some systems and on board audio can co exist with ASIO but often there is a the issues as the OP described. So that is always my first recommendation. 

And I see no issue with using my "pro studio" playback system for everything. 
I turn most Windows sounds off or at least turn them down in the audio control panel so they don't scare the carp out of me. 

I like to listen to finished albums either in Win Amp as an MP# or even play back the CD I just burned in WMP. And I can keep Sonar open and swicth between all of these apps no problem. 

BUT!  one disclaimer and it might be the big one. I only work in 44.1. 
I cannot vouch if switching apps works if Sonar is 48 or 96 and Win Amp is trying to play a 44.1 file. 
I seem to remember back when I was using 48 that playing a 44.1 in WMP and on return to Sonar, that Sonar would get messed up and play the song a whole step low. 

But anyhow it only takes a minute to disable your on board and see what happens. 
And now we are told to also check for HDMI audio which is messing up a lot of systems lately. 

Thank you Cactus for your detailed info. 
That seems not to be the issue here. As I explained earlier , I have a strong feeling it's still the audio driver supplied by Tascam. It doesn't work fine on windows 8.1 pro 64 bit. All other are disabled. Thanks god this guy from Australia provided those asio drivers, now all seems to work fine so far. 

- Visit my Main Site
- Visit my Label Site

Paul P
Max Output Level: -48.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2685
Re: Tascam US 4x4 and Sonar X3 serious problem 2015/02/08 21:58:32 (permalink)
Etostone
Thanks god this guy from Australia provided those asio drivers, now all seems to work fine so far. 

As I mentioned above, your guy in Australia does not supply an asio driver.  From the manual :

"What it is for
Utilising a virtual WDM sound card, this driver allows you to listen or record
windows audio from your ASIO driver. You can make the windows audio appear
as an input into the host application, or monitor windows audio as an ASIO output
bypassing the host application".

I'd concentrate on getting things working with the latest tascam asio driver and the latest firmware.

Sonar Platinum [2017.10], Win7U x64 sp1, Xeon E5-1620 3.6 GHz, Asus P9X79WS, 16 GB ECC, 128gb SSD, HD7950, Mackie Blackjack
Cactus Music
  • Total Posts : 8424
Re: Tascam US 4x4 and Sonar X3 serious problem 2015/02/08 22:06:18 (permalink)
The only weird glitch I'm having is with Sonar reporting it can't find my old US-1641 ports as active. There must be a way to retire older references so that Sonar does not nag me each time I open a project

This is something I would like to fix too. I also switched from the us1641 to the Scarlett 6i6 a year ago. 
Any old projects that are opened are looking for the Tascam still. And this is stored with the CWP file as I have re built my computer 2x since the Tascam was hooked up. 
It seems the only way to get rid of it is to do a SAVE AS. and re name the file. 

Johnny V  
Cakelab  
Focusrite 6i61st - Tascam us1641. 
3 Desktops and 3 Laptops W7 and W10
 http://www.cactusmusic.ca/

Anderton
Re: Tascam US 4x4 and Sonar X3 serious problem 2015/02/09 00:07:32 (permalink)
Etostone

I'm using Windows 7. Maybe that's part of it...I haven't used Windows 8.1 because of all the stories I've heard about driver problems with a variety of hardware devices (not just interfaces, printers etc.).

I am working fine with the new Asio drivers from this Australian programmer. He did a great job , and gives Tascam much further options ! Yes you should try it really. It has a total free to test drivers. It gives also the possibility to change the audio stereo from left to right channels inside the software , to have only one or two mono outputs very useful for testing your mix before radio mono conversion , giving each program different configuration and to save the profiles and many more.

Well, I prefer using ASIO drivers so I'm not interested in checking out a non-ASIO solution (Paul P is right, it's a wrapper, not true ASIO). As to flipping channels, generating mono, etc. all that and more can all be done with Channel Tools in the master bus which is more flexible than opening another app. I'll alert TASCAM to this thread, but so far you're the only person who's reported this and I can't reproduce; I don't know if there's sufficient info in what you've posted to let them make an educated guess as to why it's not working on your system. As I said, I can have SONAR playing back audio and several Windows apps playing back audio and it's all fine. The only time I could experience what you're experiencing is if another driver is installed. (However like CactusMusic noted, there may be sample rate issues and in that case, all bets are off.) 

Finally, note that some interface drivers simply will not work properly if ASIO4ALL is even installed in a system. I can't verify if that's the case with TASCAM because I keep ASIO wrappers as far away from my system as possible. This forum is littered with posts from people who experienced weird SONAR or interface problems, and uninstalling (not just turning off ) ASIO4ALL solved them. I presume other wrappers might be subject to similar issues. But again, everything is working fine here so I have no real incentive to investigate further. Maybe TASCAM will have some advice they can give you.

Etostone
Re: Tascam US 4x4 and Sonar X3 serious problem 2015/02/09 02:14:47 (permalink)
Anderton
Etostone

I'm using Windows 7. Maybe that's part of it...I haven't used Windows 8.1 because of all the stories I've heard about driver problems with a variety of hardware devices (not just interfaces, printers etc.).

Well, I prefer using ASIO drivers so I'm not interested in checking out a non-ASIO solution (Paul P is right, it's a wrapper, not true ASIO). As to flipping channels, generating mono, etc. all that and more can all be done with Channel Tools in the master bus which is more flexible than opening another app. I'll alert TASCAM to this thread, but so far you're the only person who's reported this and I can't reproduce; I don't know if there's sufficient info in what you've posted to let them make an educated guess as to why it's not working on your system. As I said, I can have SONAR playing back audio and several Windows apps playing back audio and it's all fine. The only time I could experience what you're experiencing is if another driver is installed. (However like CactusMusic noted, there may be sample rate issues and in that case, all bets are off.) 

Finally, note that some interface drivers simply will not work properly if ASIO4ALL is even installed in a system. I can't verify if that's the case with TASCAM because I keep ASIO wrappers as far away from my system as possible. This forum is littered with posts from people who experienced weird SONAR or interface problems, and uninstalling (not just turning off ) ASIO4ALL solved them. I presume other wrappers might be subject to similar issues. But again, everything is working fine here so I have no real incentive to investigate further. Maybe TASCAM will have some advice they can give you.

I never used and I don't like Asio wrappers as well. I had my M-Audio 1010Lt for around 14 years, never had a problem. Back in that period everyone was talking highly of M-Audio fantastic audio drivers. 

I have a Dat and pro tape  from Tascam. I was a happy Tascam user. Well It's the first time I bought a tascam usb audio driver interface. 260 euros in my country , and I wasn't happy with it. I don't think they accept refunds since their drivers are not working with my system , and as said I am a technological Guru I know very good how to handle hardware and software together.  If the drivers had only the conflict audio problem , then my computer should boot and restart perfectly. But no it didn't,  cause of that audio driver problem it couldn't reboot or restart.
I had to do something to stop feeling bad about my purchase . Those drivers fixed everything , even now I can boot and restart perfectly. I don't see the reason not to use those asio drivers ? It's a winning scenario for me and for Tascam since I am not planning anymore to ask for a refund and most of all I feel happy again. 

As I have checked all other devices from Tascam , they are only producing maximum 3 drivers updates in 2 years time. M-audio was producing around 4 per year . 
I am not saying they are doing that on purpose . They have to understand that technology advance so fast, they need to catch up. I have written all my setup details at the beginning of this post. If you forward my post to them , I believe there are more than necessary details to understand what's going on. But if not I will be happy to send them my email for further investigation and to help them fix their driver issues. 

Thank you again for all your great support and details. 

ps. audio4all and another asio wrapper didn't worked with the tascam. 

- Visit my Main Site
- Visit my Label Site

Paul P
Max Output Level: -48.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2685
Re: Tascam US 4x4 and Sonar X3 serious problem 2015/02/09 05:05:03 (permalink)
Etostone
I never used and I don't like Asio wrappers as well.

On what information are you concluding that your australian driver is not an ASIO wrapper ?

I had to do something to stop feeling bad about my purchase . Those drivers fixed everything , even now I can boot and restart perfectly. I don't see the reason not to use those asio drivers ?

Because they (?) are not asio driver(s).  How could they be ?

Sonar Platinum [2017.10], Win7U x64 sp1, Xeon E5-1620 3.6 GHz, Asus P9X79WS, 16 GB ECC, 128gb SSD, HD7950, Mackie Blackjack
Anderton
Re: Tascam US 4x4 and Sonar X3 serious problem 2015/02/09 09:12:48 (permalink)
Well, in any event I'm glad you got it resolved. We'll see what TASCAM says. Meanwhile, because of your question, I found out how to have all kinds of audio playing at the same time if I ever need it!

Etostone
Re: Tascam US 4x4 and Sonar X3 serious problem 2015/02/09 09:32:59 (permalink)
Anderton
Well, in any event I'm glad you got it resolved. We'll see what TASCAM says. Meanwhile, because of your question, I found out how to have all kinds of audio playing at the same time if I ever need it!

I am glad that something positive came out for you too. It's true that when looking things in different way many times gives good results. Always a nice conversation between positive people gives always back. 
I really like Tascam , it sounds good as well compared to my previous Delta 1010 lt , and I wasnt sure if USB racks could compete PCI audio interfaces, but it did very nice. Time will tell for sure. 
By the way it's been like 4 days and I haven't received any reply from Tascam yet. 

- Visit my Main Site
- Visit my Label Site

Anderton
Re: Tascam US 4x4 and Sonar X3 serious problem 2015/02/09 10:10:06 (permalink)
Etostone

I just noticed this. Are they currently installed on your system? That's the kind of information TASCAM would need to know. TASCAM may be one of the companies whose drivers will not perform properly if ASIO wrappers are installed on a system. 

lludwick
Re: Tascam US 4x4 and Sonar X3 serious problem 2015/02/09 10:26:28 (permalink)
I agree with Etostone on the point that if it solves your problem and does not cause new problems, then the solution he has found is a good one. Technically it may not be the best, but he has a system that makes him happy.

My problems were really setup problems and the only fault I find with Tascam/Teac is that I feel the documentation did not explain the settings well. The two previous Tascam units had very good documentation and I had no problems installing them with Sonar. I am fairly technical and have worked with interfaces and DAWs for a number of years and I still found the options a bit confusing. I will now do what I have always done in the past ... record all my settings so that I don't have to think so intently if I ever have to restore my settings.

It is great to have an active board with helpful people, thanks again.

Larry Ludwick

My Music on Soundclick:

Etostone
Re: Tascam US 4x4 and Sonar X3 serious problem 2015/02/10 18:55:02 (permalink)
Anderton
Etostone

I just noticed this. Are they currently installed on your system? That's the kind of information TASCAM would need to know. TASCAM may be one of the companies whose drivers will not perform properly if ASIO wrappers are installed on a system. 

No , since those didn't work I unistalled. Did you forward the whole post to Tascam yet ? If not , is it possible to give me their email so I can email them ? The one from their support seems that it does not work. 

- Visit my Main Site
- Visit my Label Site

Anderton
Re: Tascam US 4x4 and Sonar X3 serious problem 2015/02/10 23:59:25 (permalink)
I just sent off the thread URL for comment. I'm still confused as to why I can play as much audio as I want, including SONAR running ASIO and Windows running multiple sound sources, and you can't. I don't know what difference in our systems would account for that...maybe TASCAM will be able to reproduce your issue and report on a solution.

Etostone
Re: Tascam US 4x4 and Sonar X3 serious problem 2015/02/11 02:42:15 (permalink)
Anderton
I just sent off the thread URL for comment. I'm still confused as to why I can play as much audio as I want, including SONAR running ASIO and Windows running multiple sound sources, and you can't. I don't know what difference in our systems would account for that...maybe TASCAM will be able to reproduce your issue and report on a solution.

Thanks Anderton. I wish I knew as well. Probably the new windows 8.1 pro 64 , my new motherboard and CPU , in comparison with Tascam are not combatible somewhere between. 
Let me know if you get any reply from Tascam. 

- Visit my Main Site
- Visit my Label Site

Etostone
Re: Tascam US 4x4 and Sonar X3 serious problem 2015/02/16 13:30:00 (permalink)
Anderton

Anderton , where did you send it ? is it possible to give me their email ? I am just wondering , it can't be Tascam to have such bad support. 

- Visit my Main Site
- Visit my Label Site

Anderton
Re: Tascam US 4x4 and Sonar X3 serious problem 2015/02/16 14:40:54 (permalink)
I didn't go through support, I sent it to one of the engineers. He might still be trying to reproduce it.

Etostone
Re: Tascam US 4x4 and Sonar X3 serious problem 2015/02/16 18:34:59 (permalink)
Anderton
I didn't go through support, I sent it to one of the engineers. He might still be trying to reproduce it.

Thanks for letting me know Anderton. I am not sure if reproducing will work . my opinion is to make a driver more stable in a general form of meaning , for example , a driver that could work in any circumstance , without any need to disable any other onboard drivers on the system (like your situation) to get them working in a decent way. That might do the tascam drivers more powerful to prevent any future bugs. 

- Visit my Main Site
- Visit my Label Site

TomDuffy
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 4
Re: Tascam US 4x4 and Sonar X3 serious problem 2015/02/17 12:14:28 (permalink)
At Cakewalk's request, TASCAM has been looking into the reported behavior.   We have identified a problem and are working on a solution.

Tom (TASCAM)

Anderton
Re: Tascam US 4x4 and Sonar X3 serious problem 2015/02/17 15:34:06 (permalink)
Cool! Thanks, Tom!!

Etostone
Re: Tascam US 4x4 and Sonar X3 serious problem 2015/02/18 16:55:07 (permalink)
TomDuffy
At Cakewalk's request, TASCAM has been looking into the reported behavior.   We have identified a problem and are working on a solution.

Tom (TASCAM)

Thank you for letting us know Tom. It's a relief to know. I am looking forward to any updates. 

- Visit my Main Site
- Visit my Label Site

TomDuffy
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 4
Re: Tascam US 4x4 and Sonar X3 serious problem 2015/02/19 19:30:06 (permalink)
Recap for TASCAM support - for customers in North America, please use the page here: 
http://www.tascam.com/contact/support

This _will_ generate an auto-response email with a unique Reference number in it.   If you say "I never got a reply", we need you to supply that Reference number so we can look up the conversation.
There is also the phone support line for North American customers. 323-726-0303 ext. 617 (M-F, 8am-5pm Pacific).    Our guys are regular users of our gear, so they can usually spot the hiccups people run into.

For customers in the UK, there is this page:
http://www.tascam.eu/en/support-uk.html

For the rest of Europe:
http://www.tascam.eu/en/supp_interfaces.html 

These two are not as automated. The TEAC EU staff rarely drop things, but they may need more time to research answers.   Things that don't seem right normally reach me through these channels, but we do not read all the forums directly, so we need you to tell us directly what problems you are seeing.   Of course linking in a support request to a forum discussion is fine for providing background.

For elsewhere in the world, find the correct email contact by starting here:
http://www.teac-global.com

If it comes down to "we're not sure what's going on", we have to wait to see if a similar thing occurs for other users before we can see how to divide and conquer.  Accurate information always helps.

Tom.

Etostone
Re: Tascam US 4x4 and Sonar X3 serious problem 2015/02/26 07:41:04 (permalink)
TomDuffy
Recap for TASCAM support - for customers in North America, please use the page here: 
http://www.tascam.com/contact/support

This _will_ generate an auto-response email with a unique Reference number in it.   If you say "I never got a reply", we need you to supply that Reference number so we can look up the conversation.
There is also the phone support line for North American customers. 323-726-0303 ext. 617 (M-F, 8am-5pm Pacific).    Our guys are regular users of our gear, so they can usually spot the hiccups people run into.

For customers in the UK, there is this page:
http://www.tascam.eu/en/support-uk.html

For the rest of Europe:
http://www.tascam.eu/en/supp_interfaces.html 

These two are not as automated. The TEAC EU staff rarely drop things, but they may need more time to research answers.   Things that don't seem right normally reach me through these channels, but we do not read all the forums directly, so we need you to tell us directly what problems you are seeing.   Of course linking in a support request to a forum discussion is fine for providing background.

If it comes down to "we're not sure what's going on", we have to wait to see if a similar thing occurs for other users before we can see how to divide and conquer.  Accurate information always helps.

Tom.

Thank you Tom for all details. 
I already did this. My reference is > 
Reference: ECIFKJ72 
When I tried to send more information to the same email : Array@aws.teac.com
the email bounced back to me writing that "can't deliver cause time out" ! 
Now If I cant send emails to Tascam how possible I could help them to fix the drivers ? 
Also I just found a new problem . that after 8-10 hours of my PC computer running continuously , the audio is disabled by it self. 
It seems that there is a power in problem with the rack interface.  Then I have to turn off and turn on the rack to get sound back , but it will only work for 10 mins. I have to shut down the PC and then turn it on to get back to windows for a completely fresh reboot and to get audio back for another 8 hours session. 

- Visit my Main Site
- Visit my Label Site

Anderton
Re: Tascam US 4x4 and Sonar X3 serious problem 2015/02/26 09:21:29 (permalink)
Etostone
TomDuffy

Tom.

Now If I cant send emails to Tascam how possible I could help them to fix the drivers ? 

I just sent a test email to verify that address and did not have any problems. It was sent and delivered. [EDIT: A couple hours later, I received an "email delayed" reply. So it does look like there's an issue. I will alert TASCAM.]

Also I just found a new problem . that after 8-10 hours of my PC computer running continuously , the audio is disabled by it self. 
It seems that there is a power in problem with the rack interface.  Then I have to turn off and turn on the rack to get sound back , but it will only work for 10 mins. I have to shut down the PC and then turn it on to get back to windows for a completely fresh reboot and to get audio back for another 8 hours session. 

I don't know why you have these issues. I run my US-4x4 for hours without problems. But if I'm running for hours that means I'm just using SONAR, not switching back and forth among other programs. I assume you have all your USB ports set so they don't suspend power.

As Tom says, "we have to wait to see if a similar thing occurs for other users before we can see how to divide and conquer." Only then can they see a pattern develop that relates to the interface as opposed to its interaction with a particular system.
post edited by Anderton - 2015/02/26 13:31:03

Etostone
Re: Tascam US 4x4 and Sonar X3 serious problem 2015/02/26 18:25:54 (permalink)
Anderton
Etostone
TomDuffy

Tom.

I just sent a test email to verify that address and did not have any problems. It was sent and delivered. [EDIT: A couple hours later, I received an "email delayed" reply. So it does look like there's an issue. I will alert TASCAM.]

I don't know why you have these issues. I run my US-4x4 for hours without problems. But if I'm running for hours that means I'm just using SONAR, not switching back and forth among other programs. I assume you have all your USB ports set so they don't suspend power.

As Tom says, "we have to wait to see if a similar thing occurs for other users before we can see how to divide and conquer." Only then can they see a pattern develop that relates to the interface as opposed to its interaction with a particular system.

I am glad to see another person has similar problem with Tascam email. Strange isn't it ? Why do I have to be the first to find their weak spots ? They need to hire me as their bug reporter both in software and hardware and email services. 
From my experience I believe that the firmware needs another update. Turning off and on the rack device is very often happening here. I don't have any USB power suspend option enabled. 

I feel that USB racks are not reliable for pro sound productions. I am thinking to sell the Tascam USB 4x4 rack and move to PCI -e soundcard interface so I can work properly . I still use my older PC with the M-AUDIO 1010lt so nice audio workflow. 

Still it's a pity that hardware can't keep up 2 date to the latest updates of Windows , computer system and other software. 
Thank you Anderton for your kind support. 

- Visit my Main Site
- Visit my Label Site

Page: < 1234 > Showing page 2 of 4
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1