Helpful ReplyTascam US 4x4 and Sonar X3 serious problem

Page: < 1234 Showing page 4 of 4
Author
Etostone
Max Output Level: -86 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 202
Re: Tascam US 4x4 and Sonar X3 serious problem 2015/03/16 21:40:26 (permalink)
AntonyBanderos
Hi guys! Sorry for my English.
I have this problem. Inputs 3 and 4 on the US 4x4 I hooked up the Yamaha MOXF6. These inputs I switched the mode to "stereo" using the Tascam control panel. When I turn off the computer and audio interface begins to operate in standalone mode, the inputs are switched back to mono mode. The condition of the control panel are not saved in the device memory!

Antony , please let us know your system configuration including Windows version. 
There are still various problems with the drivers of 4x4 , I hope Tom is reading all the feedback here in this post. 

Etostone Music Producer/Mastering Engineer/Label Owner

- Visit my Main Site
- Visit my Mastering Site
- Visit my Label Site

AntonyBanderos
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 17
Re: Tascam US 4x4 and Sonar X3 serious problem 2015/03/17 17:25:10 (permalink)
Etostone

Antony , please let us know your system configuration including Windows version. 
There are still various problems with the drivers of 4x4 , I hope Tom is reading all the feedback here in this post. 

Windows 7x64, Intel Core I7 860 2.8Ghz, 8 Gb memory/
Sonar Platinum x64, Tascam US 4x4, Yamaha MOXF6

AntonyBanderos
  • Total Posts : 17
Re: Tascam US 4x4 and Sonar X3 serious problem 2015/03/24 17:35:47 (permalink)
There is somebody?
Etostone
Re: Tascam US 4x4 and Sonar X3 serious problem 2015/03/25 15:42:13 (permalink)
Tom , Anderton , any news , any updates coming ? 

- Visit my Main Site
- Visit my Label Site

Etostone
Re: Tascam US 4x4 and Sonar X3 serious problem 2015/03/28 12:10:12 (permalink)
AntonyBanderos
There is somebody?

It seems that they gave up! No reply , nothing. I even PM Tom from Tascam in this forum but not reply. 
I hope at least Anderton forward my message to him. 

- Visit my Main Site
- Visit my Label Site

Anderton
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 14070
Re: Tascam US 4x4 and Sonar X3 serious problem 2015/03/28 12:34:12 (permalink)
Re post #89, (1) and (3): I can't reproduce the problem and apparently they can't either. As noted previously, if I don't select "share drivers," I can run as many Windows programs as I want along with SONAR. As to (2), I don't have distortion occur after several hours of operation, but then again, I'm not constantly switching back and forth among a variety of programs during those hours.

If I could reproduce, I could provide steps to reproduce and TASCAM could look into these steps. But I can't. TASCAM is not getting reports of issues that parallel yours. The interfaces are selling quite well so I would assume that if these problems were common, TASCAM would be getting more reports. However most people probably just use the interfaces for their intended purpose, i.e., ASIO operation with a DAW as opposed to switching back and forth constantly among a variety of different programs that handle audio differently and do not accommodate ASIO. So steps to reproduce might be "install these five different programs along with SONAR, switch among them every 15 minutes..."  For example I don't have VLC installed on my system.

(4) I can reproduce, but I don't consider this a serious problem. I'm not sure what the interface would need to do to recognize that the computer has woken up again but maybe that's something that could be added to an update. However if you don't want the interface to turn off, disable auto-off. 

The "problem" is I don't have problems with the interface and apparently, no one has provided steps that enable TASCAM to reproduce what you're experiencing. Until that happens, I really don't know what they can do...if you can provide PRECISE steps to reproduce, PM me and I will test. If I can reproduce as well, I'll send the info to TASCAM.

I'll check out post #90 later. I always operate all inputs in Mono, so I wouldn't know if setting to Stereo persists or not.

The first 3 books in "The Musician's Guide to Home Recording" series are available from Hal Leonard and http://www.reverb.com. Listen to my music on http://www.YouTube.com/thecraiganderton, and visit http://www.craiganderton.com. Thanks!
Etostone
Re: Tascam US 4x4 and Sonar X3 serious problem 2015/04/01 14:27:40 (permalink)
Anderton
Re post #89, (1) and (3): I can't reproduce the problem and apparently they can't either. As noted previously, if I don't select "share drivers," I can run as many Windows programs as I want along with SONAR. As to (2), I don't have distortion occur after several hours of operation, but then again, I'm not constantly switching back and forth among a variety of programs during those hours.

If I could reproduce, I could provide steps to reproduce and TASCAM could look into these steps. But I can't. TASCAM is not getting reports of issues that parallel yours. The interfaces are selling quite well so I would assume that if these problems were common, TASCAM would be getting more reports. However most people probably just use the interfaces for their intended purpose, i.e., ASIO operation with a DAW as opposed to switching back and forth constantly among a variety of different programs that handle audio differently and do not accommodate ASIO. So steps to reproduce might be "install these five different programs along with SONAR, switch among them every 15 minutes..."  For example I don't have VLC installed on my system.

(4) I can reproduce, but I don't consider this a serious problem. I'm not sure what the interface would need to do to recognize that the computer has woken up again but maybe that's something that could be added to an update. However if you don't want the interface to turn off, disable auto-off. 

The "problem" is I don't have problems with the interface and apparently, no one has provided steps that enable TASCAM to reproduce what you're experiencing. Until that happens, I really don't know what they can do...if you can provide PRECISE steps to reproduce, PM me and I will test. If I can reproduce as well, I'll send the info to TASCAM.

I'll check out post #90 later. I always operate all inputs in Mono, so I wouldn't know if setting to Stereo persists or not.

Thank you Anderton , 
I will try to record a real time video and post here . 
VLC problem is ok , since now I am using Potplayer with no problems. 
I hope rest of bugs to get fixed as well. 

- Visit my Main Site
- Visit my Label Site

Anderton
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 14070
Re: Tascam US 4x4 and Sonar X3 serious problem 2015/04/05 01:36:51 (permalink)
Etostone
2) I hear strange audio degrade distortion sounds coming from us 4x4 , or even 0.5 sec audio gaps , after I continuously play music on media player and running my internet browser Chrome , surfing on the net , playing youtube videos , or playing music with windows media player, for about 2 hours.  Those are not pops or clicks. Those are waves of distortion , distorting the whole audio signal for a few seconds , sometimes around 10 secs. 
When this distortion happens , sometimes goes away by it self , or I have to stop playing any audio wait 10 seconds and play again , or worse scenario I need to turn off and on the Tascam rack interface.  Sometimes when that happens and I reboot , Windows can't see the Tascam audio driver . I need to turn off and on the rack device to get the driver to work again.  

I'm pretty sure I was able to reproduce. This is what happens when the source sample rate changes and you do not manually change the sample rate in the TASCAM interface control panel so it knows what to expect. The interface will initially be presented with an incompatible sample rate. It will then try to lock in to, and switch over to, the new sample rate. This takes several seconds, during which the "waves of distortion" can occur as the sample rate readjustment proceeds.

I do not think this can be considered a bug. An interface expects to see the sample rate to which it is set. If you throw a sample rate change at it without warning, it's probably not going to be happy. However, being able to figure things out eventually most of the time and re-adjust itself on the fly in spite of, shall we say, not exactly "best practices" is actually kind of cool.

And as long as I use the Windows drivers (not ASIO) and don't check "Share Drivers with Other Programs," I can run SONAR with Windows programs, YouTube, etc. This occurs with both my desktop and laptop so I don't think I'm doing anything special. Also, the control panel settings persist until changed. The only reason I can think of someone experiencing something different is if they haven't updated the firmware or drivers.

The bottom line is I can't find any "serious" problem or "bugs," the interface works extremely well, the sound quality is excellent, and I'm more than happy to use it as an ASIO interface so I can get the lowest possible latency with SONAR. If that means I can't switch over and watch YouTube in the middle of a session, I couldn't care less but if I did, I could use the Windows driver. So there's really nothing more I can say about the subject, and I doubt TASCAM has experienced anything different from what I've experienced.

The first 3 books in "The Musician's Guide to Home Recording" series are available from Hal Leonard and http://www.reverb.com. Listen to my music on http://www.YouTube.com/thecraiganderton, and visit http://www.craiganderton.com. Thanks!
jjshield
  • Total Posts : 1
Re: Tascam US 4x4 and Sonar X3 serious problem 2015/08/08 13:42:14 (permalink)
Hi All,

I am John Shield of O Deus Audio and just wanted to clarify a few things about our ASIO Link Pro driver mentioned in this post:

1) Our driver IS an ASIO driver in itself that is like a front end mixer for your real ASIO driver to mix in WDM audio with ASIO audio.
2) Our driver is a solution to the errors/silence caused by trying to open a cards WDM driver while the ASIO driver is running. We simply give you another WDM driver to open to mix into ASIO.

Thanks,
John Shield
post edited by jjshield - 2015/08/08 13:57:01
Page: < 1234 Showing page 4 of 4
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1