Helpful ReplyThe NEW ProChannel ● Back Story!

Page: < 1234 Showing page 4 of 4
Author
UnderTow
Max Output Level: -37 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3848
Re:Sat types 2011/02/12 13:47:50 (permalink)
codamedia

Lets be clear that these plug-ins are not included with CB6, and are rumored to be in the $400 price range each (last time I looked). I couldn't even find them in their shop yet (but may have missed them). There is nothing stopping anyone from buying these and using them in X1, but to suggest CW should have done this instead of Pro Channel (which is included with X1) seems a little odd to me.
It is more about modelling modern technology rather than old and allowing modern options. For instance I think it is a bit silly that the compressors included in the X1 channel strip, aka the Pro Channel, don't have continuously variable ratios or don't allow release ratios below 50 and 100 ms. Or how about very low ratios like 1.1 or 1.2? Or better metering? Or M/S options? Etc.

Admittedly, the 5043 emulation doesn't have a faster release than 100ms either but that is modelling actual real hardware. (See below).
I will agree with "why model what has been modeled a dozen times" but I'm not sure why you would be against modeling 30 year old technology. Older gear has a unique sound/vibe to it and if it gets captured in the model - great!
They are not really doing any modelling in the classic sense of the word. As far as I can tell, they created EQ curves and compression curves similar to the originals but that isn't quite the same thing. The rest is marketing more than anything else. A pity really. They could have used to opportunity to make truly flexible tools that had more options than the originals but instead opted for sticking to the limitations of the original for marketing reasons IMO.

UnderTow
Freddie H
Max Output Level: -39 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3617
Re:Sat types 2011/02/13 02:46:04 (permalink)
You are purely and plainly making it up.

This whole thread is a joke. There is no back story. A back story implies you have access to information that others don't for instance by interviewing the developers of a product or something like that. But this thread is just you copy&pasting the Cakewalk marketing or, even worse, you making wild speculations that are often in direct contradiction to what Cakewalk employees have written. Often your comments don't make any sense. Modelling a software plugin? Get real Freddie.

UnderTow

UnderTow.
  You are hilarious or should I say delirious?

First off: I don't know WHY you are here in the first place? Shouldn't you be on AVID FORUM instead?
As far as I know you don't even own SONAR X1 or Pro Channel still you comment on this product like you own it? As far as I know you also comment on and compare many other products that you don't own or have own experience off on this and on other different forums.

The most funny is when you comment and say that products are bad or people are wrong on products experience that you seem not have any own upfront experience of example Pro Channels. What ever... I actually don't care if you do anyway, still anyone that have a IQ over 40 "get" why Cakewalk doesn't talk about there new DSP code's "are" or modeling in Pro Channel.
And even if nothing are exact copy or numbers meter are exactly the same, ever heard about use you're ears? That's what music and mixing is all about you know. In my ears the Pro Channel sounds good and that's what counts. I don't know about you but after 20 years of professional experience I don't need to see SSL logo or any other brand-name to understand what I'm hearing are high end stuff. 

I never said Pro Channel was exact modeling either. I have said it to you before "Undertow" how should it be if you actual read the POST before you do your comments next time...

Perhaps I'm wrong, so this must be your studio referring on all comments you do on all kinds of FORUM and products...
What's your yearly budget? 10000000000000000000000 $ and counting?...

post edited by Freddie H - 2011/02/13 03:16:57

-Highly developed spirits often encounter resistance from mediocre minds. -It really matters!
UnderTow
Max Output Level: -37 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3848
Re:Sat types 2011/02/13 07:36:41 (permalink)
Freddie H

In my ears the Pro Channel sounds good and that's what counts.
That is fine. If you like it, use it. The problem is all the invented non-sense you post in this thread. You just make stuff up. It doesn't help anyone. It is just misinformation.

As far as my comments on software and equipment, I only comment on stuff that I have used or know something about and being a freelance sound engineer working in many studios, I get to play with quite a bit of stuff.

UnderTow
Freddie H
Max Output Level: -39 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3617
Re:Sat types 2011/02/13 08:56:35 (permalink)
UnderTow

Freddie H

In my ears the Pro Channel sounds good and that's what counts.
That is fine. If you like it, use it. The problem is all the invented non-sense you post in this thread. You just make stuff up. It doesn't help anyone. It is just misinformation.

As far as my comments on software and equipment, I only comment on stuff that I have used or know something about and being a freelance sound engineer working in many studios, I get to play with quite a bit of stuff.

UnderTow

Okay my friend, fine! 
Have a great Sunday!

Regards
Freddie

-Highly developed spirits often encounter resistance from mediocre minds. -It really matters!
Page: < 1234 Showing page 4 of 4
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1