***The Sonar x64/Windows 7 x64 Install, Tweaks & Compatibility Thread***

Page: < 12345.. > >> Showing page 5 of 6
Author
Norrie
Max Output Level: -58.5 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1665
Re:***The Sonar x64/Windows 7 x64 Install, Tweaks & Compatibility Thread*** 2010/10/10 18:48:24 (permalink)
Not a tweek but you can get sound proof hard drive enclosures ? They aint cheep but I use something simmilar tothem in my computer http://www.quietpc.com/gb...ions/smartdrive-neo-qq

I cant rember the exact ones I have as they are built in to my silverstone case

Norrie

SONAR X3c Producer
Pro Tools 11
Allen & Heath GS-R24 M
Adam A77x
i7 4930K @ 4.4Ghz
montezuma
Max Output Level: -50 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2520
Re:***The Sonar x64/Windows 7 x64 Install, Tweaks & Compatibility Thread*** 2010/10/10 19:19:54 (permalink)
The noise isn't loud...I would just like to know why it's making noise so often and besides I want to treat the cause not the symptom
KyRo
Max Output Level: -80 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 543
Re:***The Sonar x64/Windows 7 x64 Install, Tweaks & Compatibility Thread*** 2010/10/10 20:12:51 (permalink)
Norrie

dimelives1

Jose7822

Thomas gave you a good advice.  Make sure you're running Sonar as the administrator.

I'm able to use both DropZone and Pentagon I (though the former has some GUI issues here).

There's no loss in quality from Sonar 64 to 32 bit, btw.

Running as admin did the trick. Hmmm... why?

Is there a way to disable the "Do you want to allow the following program to make changes to this computer?" pop-up so I don't have to confirm every single time I fire up Sonar?

Hey there yes there is this will sort you out :)

1. Head to Start
  2. Select Control Panel
  3. Select System and Security
  4. Select Change User Account Control settings under Action Center header
  5. Select the Continue button (if UAC is active)
  6. Select the slider on the left and drag it down to "Never notify"
  7. Select the Ok button to close the panel   
  8. Close the window            
This Is also a very very very good tweek for lowering your latency level in windows :)

Hope this helps

Happy recording :D

Norrie

The problem with that is it lowers my computer security for ALL programs (including potential viruses). Wish they had program-selective settings.
Norrie
Re:***The Sonar x64/Windows 7 x64 Install, Tweaks & Compatibility Thread*** 2010/10/10 20:35:03 (permalink)
montezuma

The noise isn't loud...I would just like to know why it's making noise so often and besides I want to treat the cause not the symptom

Personaly I couldnt give you an honest answer on that

My personal exp on old gameing rigs years ago was that after a while they started to get more noisey I just put it down to being used all the time :S

Thats probably not the right answer though

Sorry

I am sure there is some one here who could tell you though every one on this thread is so help full its the best thread Ive seen on the whole forum :D

Norrie

SONAR X3c Producer
Pro Tools 11
Allen & Heath GS-R24 M
Adam A77x
i7 4930K @ 4.4Ghz
Norrie
Re:***The Sonar x64/Windows 7 x64 Install, Tweaks & Compatibility Thread*** 2010/10/10 20:38:55 (permalink)
dimelives1

Norrie

dimelives1

Jose7822

Thomas gave you a good advice.  Make sure you're running Sonar as the administrator.

I'm able to use both DropZone and Pentagon I (though the former has some GUI issues here).

Is there a way to disable the "Do you want to allow the following program to make changes to this computer?" pop-up so I don't have to confirm every single time I fire up Sonar?

1. Head to Start
  2. Select Control Panel
  8. Close the window            
This Is also a very very very good tweek for lowering your latency level in windows :)

Hope this helps

Norrie

The problem with that is it lowers my computer security for ALL programs (including potential viruses). Wish they had program-selective settings.

Sorry but thats the only way thar I know of some one will chime in though If there is any other ways around it I am sure... Your in the right place here.

One thing you could do Is run something like AVG free but kee it off then when you are finished for the day turn it on and do a scan ?

I know a guy local to me whos doing that and hasnt had any problems useing it as long as he turns it on then off whe nthe scan is done

I am actualy thinking of trying it my self now My own system is stable but then again I only go online on my DAW to get down loads and only go to trusted sites

Sorry I cant be of more help I am sure the rest of the nice people on here will come up with other ideas for you

Norrie

SONAR X3c Producer
Pro Tools 11
Allen & Heath GS-R24 M
Adam A77x
i7 4930K @ 4.4Ghz
montezuma
Re:***The Sonar x64/Windows 7 x64 Install, Tweaks & Compatibility Thread*** 2010/10/10 22:09:52 (permalink)
Norrie

montezuma

My personal exp on old gameing rigs years ago was that after a while they started to get more noisey I just put it down to being used all the time :S

Sorry

I am sure there is some one here who could tell you though every one on this thread is so help full its the best thread Ive seen on the whole forum :D

Norrie

The whole topic is a bit of a grey area around the internet traps...very few solutions, if any that I've come across so far. I probably wouldn't notice it so much because usually the case would be on the ground with the side panel on. Right now it's on the desk with the side panel off.
Jose7822
Max Output Level: 0 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 10031
Re:***The Sonar x64/Windows 7 x64 Install, Tweaks & Compatibility Thread*** 2010/10/10 22:10:34 (permalink)
dimelives1

Norrie

dimelives1

Jose7822

1. Head to Start
  2. Select Control Panel
  8. Close the window            

Hope this helps

Norrie

You could try right-clicking the Sonar icon (or any other application for that matter) and go to 'Properties'.  Select the 'Compatibility' tab and then put a check mark on "Always run this program as an administrator", or something to that effect.  Click "OK".  This should let you run Sonar as an administrator without having to right-click it all the time, but I'm not sure if it'll make that message go away.  I think the only way is to turn UAC off.

Take care!

Intel Q9400 2.66 GHz
8 GB of RAM @ 800 Mhz
ATI Radeon HD 3650
Windows 7 Professional (SP1) x64
Cubase 6.03 x64
Sonar PE 8.5.3 x64
RME FireFace 400
Frontier Design Alpha Track
Studio Logic VMK-188 Plus

http://www.youtube.com/user/SonarHD
KyRo
Re:***The Sonar x64/Windows 7 x64 Install, Tweaks & Compatibility Thread*** 2010/10/10 22:37:38 (permalink)
Jose7822

dimelives1

Norrie

dimelives1

Jose7822

1. Head to Start
  2. Select Control Panel
  8. Close the window            

Hope this helps

Norrie

You could try right-clicking the Sonar icon (or any other application for that matter) and go to 'Properties'.  Select the 'Compatibility' tab and then put a check mark on "Always run this program as an administrator", or something to that effect.  Click "OK".  This should let you run Sonar as an administrator without having to right-click it all the time, but I'm not sure if it'll make that message go away.  I think the only way is to turn UAC off.

Take care!

Tried that. It does ask the message every time though, if your security settings are set to notify you at all. There ought to be an option for like, "Always trust this program" or something. No worries though. Thanks for the suggestion!

Norrie

dimelives1

Norrie

dimelives1

Jose7822

1. Head to Start
  2. Select Control Panel
  8. Close the window            

Hope this helps

Norrie

Sorry but thats the only way thar I know of some one will chime in though If there is any other ways around it I am sure... Your in the right place here.

One thing you could do Is run something like AVG free but kee it off then when you are finished for the day turn it on and do a scan ?

I know a guy local to me whos doing that and hasnt had any problems useing it as long as he turns it on then off whe nthe scan is done

I am actualy thinking of trying it my self now My own system is stable but then again I only go online on my DAW to get down loads and only go to trusted sites

Sorry I cant be of more help I am sure the rest of the nice people on here will come up with other ideas for you

Norrie

No prob! I appreciate the help either way :) I guess I could just open as admin when I know I need to use Pentagon and just deal with the message on those rare occasions. No biggie.
KyRo
Re:***The Sonar x64/Windows 7 x64 Install, Tweaks & Compatibility Thread*** 2010/10/10 22:39:58 (permalink)
I'm thinking of doing a fresh re-install of all of Sonar soon (haven't recorded anything serious yet).  Thinking of installing the 32-bit version.  What would be any cons of doing so over the 64-bit version, if any?  Just seems there are a number of headaches with plugins to have to work around with the 64-bit.  If there's no audible difference in quality, why not just use the 32 (as long as I CAN on 64-bit Windows 7)?
Norrie
Re:***The Sonar x64/Windows 7 x64 Install, Tweaks & Compatibility Thread*** 2010/10/10 22:46:53 (permalink)
montezuma

Norrie

montezuma

Sorry

Norrie

The whole topic is a bit of a grey area around the internet traps...very few solutions, if any that I've come across so far. I probably wouldn't notice it so much because usually the case would be on the ground with the side panel on. Right now it's on the desk with the side panel off.

The other thing I thought of is that you were saying you ahave your OS, Sonar and record all on to the same drive. Your drive could be runing like mad trying to keep up.I am guessing at least your drive is runing at at least 7200rpm ? Thats the lowest recomended for recording

I would still defo recomend to you to record to another drive it may help :)

SONAR X3c Producer
Pro Tools 11
Allen & Heath GS-R24 M
Adam A77x
i7 4930K @ 4.4Ghz
jm24
Max Output Level: -54 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 2127
Re:***The Sonar x64/Windows 7 x64 Install, Tweaks & Compatibility Thread*** 2010/10/10 22:54:22 (permalink)
UAC is for those not informed and not paying attention.

I have UAC off on my main computer. And the audio computer.

Way too much trouble.

I have it on for the kids, and the wif's, computers.

J
montezuma
Re:***The Sonar x64/Windows 7 x64 Install, Tweaks & Compatibility Thread*** 2010/10/10 22:58:40 (permalink)
Norrie

montezuma

Norrie

montezuma

Sorry

Norrie

The other thing I thought of is that you were saying you ahave your OS, Sonar and record all on to the same drive. Your drive could be runing like mad trying to keep up.I am guessing at least your drive is runing at at least 7200rpm ? Thats the lowest recomended for recording

I would still defo recomend to you to record to another drive it may help :)

Yeah I do record to a second drive. I have the OS and Sonar on the main drive...but the audio and projects and record destination are all the slave drive

Besides...what I am talking about is the hard drive making gentle noises when the PC is completely idle.
jm24
Re:***The Sonar x64/Windows 7 x64 Install, Tweaks & Compatibility Thread*** 2010/10/10 23:03:00 (permalink)
Yo Zuma

You are posting too many messages to too many threads, addressing too many, prolly, simultaenous, issues, for you to attain a rational resolution in a reasonable amount of time.

The result: too many changes to your system before determining root causes for the many questions/issues you are asking help for.

And since not everyone is following all the messages conflicting advise will result in confusion for all. And prolonged agony for you.

I recommend you review all that has been posted in attempt to help you.
Start a new thread, stick to it, resolving one issue at a time.

J

+++++++++++++
"The less you know the more you believe."
Language is how we get things done, hopefully avoiding conflict. The words we know and use determine our thoughts, our understanding, and our ability to recognize truth and lie.
American English is full of stupid phrases and spellings. And way too many clichés that have lost purpose. Many of these phrases have come to mean the opposite of what they originally meant. Examples: "You really have your work cut out for you" was a good thing when first said. "Steep learning curve" is now used to mean difficult to learn. I am real tired of the favorite utterence of politicians, "The American People."
"Up," "down," "out," and "off," phrases are major players. And most all of them are just plain stupid language. And very annoying as they have become uttered everywhere all the time. Combine silly phrases such as "mix-down," and "back-up," with "I was like, duh" and "she goes, uh," the constant laughing (lol) for no reason, and speaking about oneself in the 2nd person universal ("I was standing on the volcano, you could see the ocean."), and ya gots some real "communication" goin' on.
At best these historical inanities merely slow the process of understanding.

Too often they result in war.

jm24
Re:***The Sonar x64/Windows 7 x64 Install, Tweaks & Compatibility Thread*** 2010/10/10 23:12:59 (permalink)
What I have figgered so far: w7 will "defrag" the page file and the hibernate file, and defrag the disk in general, when "idle." It will mess with the pre/super fetch files, it will create restore points, it will index files for the searcher, it will check for updates, update network master browser files,...

Keep the task manager open and watch the bugger work its magic.

And so on.

All the more reason to stop stuff ya don't want happening.
Norrie
Re:***The Sonar x64/Windows 7 x64 Install, Tweaks & Compatibility Thread*** 2010/10/10 23:13:27 (permalink)
jm24

UAC is for those not informed and not paying attention.

I have UAC off on my main computer. And the audio computer.

Way too much trouble.

I have it on for the kids, and the wif's, computers.

J

We spoke about 2 days ago on another thread and youwere asking me the pros and cons of recording to a second drive YOU said you were not recording to a second drive and had decided NOT to..... Now you are saying dofferent

If the hard drives makeing noise I think its safe to say your hard drives busy doing something  and you need to figer out what task manager and look and see for instance narow it down.

I agree with JM 24 It would be better if you started a thread and addressing your Issues all there they all seem to be related to the same type of thing and perhaps you could then narow things down by adressing one issue at a time. with help from every one

Also remember tec support are our friends they can help 2 :)

Norrie

SONAR X3c Producer
Pro Tools 11
Allen & Heath GS-R24 M
Adam A77x
i7 4930K @ 4.4Ghz
montezuma
Re:***The Sonar x64/Windows 7 x64 Install, Tweaks & Compatibility Thread*** 2010/10/10 23:29:34 (permalink)
jm24

Yo Zuma

You are posting too many messages to too many threads, addressing too many, prolly, simultaenous, issues, for you to attain a rational resolution in a reasonable amount of time.

The result: too many changes to your system before determining root causes for the many questions/issues you are asking help for.

And since not everyone is following all the messages conflicting advise will result in confusion for all. And prolonged agony for you.

I recommend you review all that has been posted in attempt to help you.
Start a new thread, stick to it, resolving one issue at a time.

J

+++++++++++++
"The less you know the more you believe."
Language is how we get things done, hopefully avoiding conflict. The words we know and use determine our thoughts, our understanding, and our ability to recognize truth and lie.
American English is full of stupid phrases and spellings. And way too many clichés that have lost purpose. Many of these phrases have come to mean the opposite of what they originally meant. Examples: "You really have your work cut out for you" was a good thing when first said. "Steep learning curve" is now used to mean difficult to learn. I am real tired of the favorite utterence of politicians, "The American People."
"Up," "down," "out," and "off," phrases are major players. And most all of them are just plain stupid language. And very annoying as they have become uttered everywhere all the time. Combine silly phrases such as "mix-down," and "back-up," with "I was like, duh" and "she goes, uh," the constant laughing (lol) for no reason, and speaking about oneself in the 2nd person universal ("I was standing on the volcano, you could see the ocean."), and ya gots some real "communication" goin' on.
At best these historical inanities merely slow the process of understanding.

Too often they result in war.

Thanks for the posting advice Jim, but I'm not in agony and I'm doing fine in keeping track of all my many, many posts. I got it. I'm on it. Leave it to me!
montezuma
Re:***The Sonar x64/Windows 7 x64 Install, Tweaks & Compatibility Thread*** 2010/10/10 23:33:20 (permalink)
jm24

What I have figgered so far: w7 will "defrag" the page file and the hibernate file, and defrag the disk in general, when "idle." It will mess with the pre/super fetch files, it will create restore points, it will index files for the searcher, it will check for updates, update network master browser files,...

Keep the task manager open and watch the bugger work its magic.

And so on.

All the more reason to stop stuff ya don't want happening.

I have auto defrag off, hibernate off, superfetch off, restore off...

Is this thread for just one tweak? Or may we discuss a variety of tweaking concerns here?
Jose7822
Re:***The Sonar x64/Windows 7 x64 Install, Tweaks & Compatibility Thread*** 2010/10/10 23:41:03 (permalink)
dimelives1

I'm thinking of doing a fresh re-install of all of Sonar soon (haven't recorded anything serious yet).  Thinking of installing the 32-bit version.  What would be any cons of doing so over the 64-bit version, if any?  Just seems there are a number of headaches with plugins to have to work around with the 64-bit.  If there's no audible difference in quality, why not just use the 32 (as long as I CAN on 64-bit Windows 7)?

The problem is not Sonar 64 bit, it's UAC.  I have it turned off on my DAW because of the same issues you're experiencing.  What you could do is to turn it OFF and disable your NIC when working with Sonar.  Those two should be disabled anyway, at least while working on projects.  Then turn them back ON when you want to surf the internet.

Yes, you can have both versions of Sonar in a 64 bit system.  Both Sonar 32 and 64 bit can co-exist without issues.

HTH

Intel Q9400 2.66 GHz
8 GB of RAM @ 800 Mhz
ATI Radeon HD 3650
Cubase 6.03 x64
Sonar PE 8.5.3 x64
RME FireFace 400

montezuma
Re:***The Sonar x64/Windows 7 x64 Install, Tweaks & Compatibility Thread*** 2010/10/10 23:46:47 (permalink)
Norrie

We spoke about 2 days ago on another thread and youwere asking me the pros and cons of recording to a second drive YOU said you were not recording to a second drive and had decided NOT to..... Now you are saying dofferent

Norrie

Yeah...on your advice I changed my mind
KyRo
Re:***The Sonar x64/Windows 7 x64 Install, Tweaks & Compatibility Thread*** 2010/10/11 02:15:21 (permalink)
Jose7822

dimelives1

The problem is not Sonar 64 bit, it's UAC.  I have it turned off on my DAW because of the same issues you're experiencing.  What you could do is to turn it OFF and disable your NIC when working with Sonar.  Those two should be disabled anyway, at least while working on projects.  Then turn them back ON when you want to surf the internet.

Yes, you can have both versions of Sonar in a 64 bit system.  Both Sonar 32 and 64 bit can co-exist without issues.

HTH

I'd rather not have two versions of the program on. So you're saying if I unplug my wireless network adapter and turn off user account controls when I work on projects, I should avoid any of the issues I have? Does doing that make for all around better, more functional results? Installing just the 32-bit version wouldn't solve these problems as it is?
harikaram
Max Output Level: -89 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 94
Re:***The Sonar x64/Windows 7 x64 Install, Tweaks & Compatibility Thread*** 2010/10/11 06:39:52 (permalink)
When I upgraded my machine to Win7 64bit, I tried installing Sonar 8.5 from the most recent upgrade file I had (as they contain the fulll program).  This turned out to be a big mistake.  For reasons that neither I nor anyone at Cakewalk could figure out, most of my VSTs (including Native Instruments, FXpansion, Cakewalk, 32bit and 64bit alike) weren't being recognised by the 64bit app.  Others would not load properly or crash (Dimension).  It was a serious mess. 

In the end I uninstalled all traces of Sonar and my VST apps.  Manually cleaned the registry and then very carefully installed Sonar from my original v7 disks and carefully applied each of the updates in succession (tedious!).  I then did the same with my NI plugins and their updates and so on...

Now everything is perfect in Sonar x64 including my Waves suite via jBridge.  Very fast and reasonably stable.  Miles better than the x32 bit version was in XPPro.

During my initial troubles and even more recently I've had a few issues with Sonar not updating the settings tweaks I made in the VST options dialog.  I've since become proficient at manually fixing the settings in the registry.  If you are feeling confident then check out the keys in here:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Cakewalk Music Software\SONAR Producer\Cakewalk VST X64\Inventory\

Each VST has its own folder.  Inside there should be a punch of registry keys.  If there are only a few then Sonar didnt recognise the plugin properly.  You can delete the VST's registry folder and Sonar will scan it again anew.  Otherwise, you can find a VST with the correct set of 30 or so entries and replicate them.

The keys of particular interest are:
isVst (should be 1)
isX64 (64 bit plugin?)
jBridgeLoader (1 to use JBridge, 0 for Bitbridge)
registerAsPlug / registerAsSynth (useful for making VST instruments act as fx)

Remember to back up your registry before experimenting :)

Intel i7 920 / Win 7 x64 / 12GB RAM / 720GB + 1.5TB RAID0 Seagates 7200.12's / Sonar Producer 8.5 / Akai MPK49 / Kore 2 / Korg padKontrol x 2 / RME Fireface 400

http://www.amritvela.com
http://twitter.com/harikaram
http://facebook.com/harikaram
Jose7822
Re:***The Sonar x64/Windows 7 x64 Install, Tweaks & Compatibility Thread*** 2010/10/11 08:35:53 (permalink)

dimelives1

So you're saying if I unplug my wireless network adapter and turn off user account controls when I work on projects, I should avoid any of the issues I have?

It's turning UAC OFF that will fix the issue.  Turning your NIC has a dual function of avoiding any internet threats and not interfering with your work with Sonar (especially if it is a wireless card, which are known culprits of performance issues).

Does doing that make for all around better, more functional results?

Read above.

Installing just the 32-bit version wouldn't solve these problems as it is?

Nope.  Again, the message is related to UAC, not Sonar.  Turn it OFF and you shall see.

Take care!

Intel Q9400 2.66 GHz
8 GB of RAM @ 800 Mhz
ATI Radeon HD 3650
Cubase 6.03 x64
Sonar PE 8.5.3 x64
RME FireFace 400

jm24
Re:***The Sonar x64/Windows 7 x64 Install, Tweaks & Compatibility Thread*** 2010/10/11 11:04:49 (permalink)

If the computer is connected to a router/access point internet attacks are nearly impossible from the outside.

Most likely infestation will come from within: downloading crap (limewire,...), and visiting bad websites, and being dupped into clicking OK to scan the computer.

If the computer is connected to just a DSL modem then the computer's firewall and antivirus, and anti spyware programs provide protection.

Disabling the nic and all kinds of other network services is good because it stops the constant refreshing/searching of the master network browser. I do not like anything that repeatedly does stuff, using CPU cycles when I least want them used.

J
montezuma
Re:***The Sonar x64/Windows 7 x64 Install, Tweaks & Compatibility Thread*** 2010/10/11 11:41:41 (permalink)
Right, I'm with you on that
olilyrooso
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 9
Re:***The Sonar x64/Windows 7 x64 Install, Tweaks & Compatibility Thread*** 2010/10/12 02:20:52 (permalink)
 I was curious because I have a totally standalone system
whattarush
Max Output Level: -76 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 713
Re:***The Sonar x64/Windows 7 x64 Install, Tweaks & Compatibility Thread*** 2010/11/20 15:01:11 (permalink)

You can open up any plugin that's using Bitbridge by holding the 'SHIFT' key and a window with the normal title bar should appear.

From this new title window, it is also possible to toggle the plugin's GUI to show it or minimize it.

HTH

Thanks Jose, this tip seems to have resolved my issue with my UAD plugins. SONAR would always seem to crash when I tried to simply open the plug-in's GUI and edit it's parameters without the title window.

post edited by whattarush - 2010/11/20 15:02:33

"When your moving in the positive, your destination is the brightest star"!!! www.elmarqrecords.com/ www.reverbnation.com/label/elmarqrecordsllc" www.facebook.com/pages/ElMarq-Records/160103362281 "Never look down on anyone UNLESS you're picking them up!"
jerry@macwood.com
Max Output Level: -84 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 324
Re:***The Sonar x64/Windows 7 x64 Install, Tweaks & Compatibility Thread*** 2010/11/21 03:36:19 (permalink)
Thanks fo rteh very cool ideas
Taurean Mixing
Max Output Level: -84 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 312
Re:***The Sonar x64/Windows 7 x64 Install, Tweaks & Compatibility Thread*** 2010/11/23 11:13:30 (permalink)
Jose7822

dimelives1

So you're saying if I unplug my wireless network adapter and turn off user account controls when I work on projects, I should avoid any of the issues I have?

It's turning UAC OFF that will fix the issue.  Turning your NIC has a dual function of avoiding any internet threats and not interfering with your work with Sonar (especially if it is a wireless card, which are known culprits of performance issues).

Does doing that make for all around better, more functional results?

Read above.

Installing just the 32-bit version wouldn't solve these problems as it is?

Nope.  Again, the message is related to UAC, not Sonar.  Turn it OFF and you shall see.

Take care!

Problem is, if you need the NIC on when running a networked platform with plugins. I posted about this in the high CPU
thread.

Bob
taureanonlinemixing.com
Sonar Platinum x64
3930K (ADK) Win 7 x64
GeneHall
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 3
Re:***The Sonar x64/Windows 7 x64 Install, Tweaks & Compatibility Thread*** 2011/04/25 03:07:21 (permalink)
Just popping in to comment on this thread...fantastic dialogue and really helpful.
I've just gotten X1 Producer and am experiencing some audio pops in playback and recording. I have checked and double checked every setting and am confident something else is causing this issue. (system in quotes below)
The good folks at Roland Australia are sending me the x1b update via disc
( downloads with a "bush" internet connection can prove frustrating) and while I'm not sure it contains my "fix", shutting down some of these over the top apps that come with the Elitebook sounds like a good place to start! It's really difficult to pinpoint issues of this kind, new DAW, new laptop, inferior skills...but I will continue to pop into the forum as I found most everything all of you said as worth taking note of, thank you everyone for your thoughtful input.

For the record, I am not a professional schooled and apprenticed audio engineer, I consider myself a recordist at best. It started out of need in helping my partner get her work done at home without having to travel so much and have a lot more input with her work. We both did not want to continue using AVID and after purchasing the VS100 with Sonar VS, we were both really happy with Cakewalks product and went after X1 PE. Because we travel a lot, a suitable laptop was what we really wanted and the Elitebook ticks a lot of boxes, maybe too many! I'm sure I'll be requisitioning information from some or all of you at some point, look forward to contuning with this forum. All the best
gene

Gene 
The Stone Cottage Studio   
Australia 

evansmalley
Max Output Level: -76 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 715
Re:***The Sonar x64/Windows 7 x64 Install, Tweaks & Compatibility Thread*** 2011/04/28 10:30:03 (permalink)
Man I'm having a huge problem with win 7 and Sonar... mostly- 8.3 and 8.5 are end of life'd- so all you can do is "upgrade" to X1. 

Installed the X1 trial and ABSOLUTELY HATE IT! 

So much of the functionality that I love and use everyday is GONE. Like pressing "E" for the envelope tool... no more tools(!)- the way things have been for years. So I'll have to learn an entirely new workflow to stay in a windows 7 64 bit Operating System. 

It does not allow anymore to change lots of the colors of the main track view- what's with all these horrible shades of GRAY?! Who looks for gray to stare at all day- it's the ugliest color in the rainbow! (Oh yeah- it's not really a color!) Why remove the option to have color options in an "upgrade"? 

I really dislike the X1. What can I do? I can't buy 8.5 as an upgrade- eol... I'm really bummed. 

Page: < 12345.. > >> Showing page 5 of 6
Jump to:
© 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1