***The Sonar x64/Windows 7 x64 Install, Tweaks & Compatibility Thread***

Page: << < ..6 Showing page 6 of 6
Author
Glyn Barnes
Max Output Level: -0.3 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 7564
Re:***The Sonar x64/Windows 7 x64 Install, Tweaks & Compatibility Thread*** 2011/04/28 11:05:18 (permalink)
evansmalley

Installed the X1 trial and ABSOLUTELY HATE IT!  

Is the X1 trial version available? I just went searching the Cakewalk site for it but cant see anything.

Intel i7 3770K @4.4GHz, 32GB RAM, 240GB SSD System disk, 2 x 2TB and 1 x 1TB (with SSD Cache) HDD. Windows 10,  Sonar Platinum. Roland Quad Capture. 
Music - Switchwater on Soundclick
Music - Goldry Bluszco on Soundcloud
evansmalley
Max Output Level: -76 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 715
Re:***The Sonar x64/Windows 7 x64 Install, Tweaks & Compatibility Thread*** 2011/04/28 11:28:00 (permalink)
I had to call 1 888 cakewalk and ask the sales dept. 

And, incidentally, just as of today they are allowing me a (paid for) download of 8.5 as an upgrade. I begged. I don't know what their official policy is on this- but as usual, Cake customer service is AWESOME! Best company in history, in my experience. Admittedly, many other companies have set a low bar!

I understand that 8.5 works better with win7 than 8.3... we shall see!

I thought X1 was horrible.
coco201314
Max Output Level: -90 dBFS
  • Total Posts : 1
Re:***The Sonar x64/Windows 7 x64 Install, Tweaks & Compatibility Thread*** 2011/12/01 03:27:04 (permalink)
I used Windows Login recovery software, and it is easy to operate for me. I downloaded the Windows Login recovery professional free trial and get Windows password reset for my pc. Wow, it’s great. Users lost password would better have a try.
http://www.windowsloginrecovery.com/windows-7-password-recovery.html
chuckpuckett
  • Total Posts : 46
Re:***The Sonar x64/Windows 7 x64 Install, Tweaks & Compatibility Thread*** 2012/04/03 08:11:52 (permalink)
Just found this thread, which looks very useful w.r.t. issues I'm currently dealing with.
Has there been an update for Sonar X1? Can anyone speak to the "best practices" tweaks listed in this thread that may need restating fro Sonar X1/Win7?

Thanks

Chuck Puckett, BA, ~MA, ThD
"I don't want to steal the show. I only want to borrow it for a while."
www.puckettpublishing.com
www.chuckpuckettsongaweek.com
frugihoyi
  • Total Posts : 50
About Falt Tolerant Heap 2012/07/09 03:55:27 (permalink)
Most people should not disable fault tolerant heap.

Take a look at http://blogs.technet.com/b/askperf/archive/2009/10/02/windows-7-windows-server-2008-r2-fault-tolerant-heap-and-memory-management.aspx
Specifically this part:

FTH registry values are stored in the following key:  HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\FTH.  There are a number of values under this key, but the main ones to watch are:
  • CrashVelocity - The crash count threshold specified in CrashWindowInMinutes.  This basically means how many times the application has to crash within a given period for FTH to shim it.  The default is 3.
  • CrashWindowInMinutes - The timeframe in minutes which CrashVelocity must be met in order for the application to be shimmed.  The default is 60.  This value and CrashVelocity means that an app must crash 3 times within 60 minutes in order to be shimmed.  Both of these values can of course be modified if needed.
  • Enabled - Whether FTH is enabled or not.  A value of 0 means FTH is disabled, and a value of 1 means FTH is enabled.
  • ExclusionList - A list of processes that are excluded from FTH tracking and shimming.  There are several Windows processes in this list by default.
  • MaximumTrackedApplications - The number of processes that will be tracked concurrently by FTH.  The default is 128.
  • MaximumTrackedProcesses - The maximum number of instances of a tracked process that FTH will monitor concurrently.  The default is 4.
  • CheckPointPeriod - The amount of time between clean-up cycles.  The clean-up cycle is when FTH periodically clears its list of tracked applications.  This allows for the fact that applications may be fixed or upgraded and no longer require a shim, or that the application simply has not been used recently.  The default is 10,080 (7 days). There is also a State key under the FTH key. This key stores information on applications that have been shimmed.  So for instance, if you open this key on a fresh machine, it should have nothing under it other than the typical Default - Value Not Set.  Once an application crashes due to heap corruption more than 3 times within 60 minutes, it will be added to this key in the format of <Appname> = <binary blob>.  You can't read what is actually in the binary value, but it includes various information such as the process-specific versions of the values listed above.  All this key is really useful for from a user standpoint is that you can view the key to see what if any processes have been caught crashing in what appears to be heap corrupting behavior. 

• Remember that with the default settings in the registry Sonar will only be added to the fault tolerant heap list if it crashes three times within an hour. What's more if it hasn't crashed (or you haven't used it) within the last week it will have automatically have been removed from the list. 

If you want to, go ahead and add Sonar to your ExclusionList; there is no need to disable fault tolerant heap entirely. It is there to help you and disabling it completely may give you problems with other programs.
    Page: << < ..6 Showing page 6 of 6
    Jump to:
    © 2024 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1